Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: There's only one place I go for tickets, and it's Game Time. They have a new feature called game Time Picks. It makes getting tickets for your favorite live events even easier. Game Time Picks filters up the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats. You don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. When I want to go to a basketball game, football game, concert, whatever, I just click on the event I want to attend, and game Time gives me a seat preview and offers me the super deals so I get the best bang for my buck always. Game Time also has the lowest price guarantee or they will credit you one hundred and ten percent of the difference.
Speaker 1: How cool is that?
Speaker 2: Take the guesswork out of buying tickets with game Time Picks. Download the game Time app, Create an account. The code is Colin. That's me Coli in twenty bucks off your first purchase. If you do that, terms apply again. Create an account. Redeem code Colin Coli n for twenty bucks off. Download game Time today.
Speaker 1: What time is it? Game Time? All right?
Speaker 2: I only get to see Danny Parkins because of our active schedules for about once a month for about an hour. So it's always fun for me. Danny course on breakfast Ball, big radio star in Chicago that we scooped up at FS one. So, and I want you to think about this for a second. There are things, especially in sports, that I noticed because we're both in this business, that you wonder why they haven't taken place sooner and then over the course of time, Like if you really think about analytics, why did it take so long for NBA gms to figure out math? It's like, this was like, it's what happened? Did a slide ruler fall into a GM's office and he had doodling one day with time? It's so, here's one of them. I believe exits the smartest pece I've met. Did not always go to great schools or have great childhoods. In fact, I would argue, if there's a certain jet fuel to chaos as a child that propels you to aspirational life, right and sure, at any one time in the history of the NFL, there's about five rockstar coaches, and right now it's you know, Sean Payton took Chernobyl and two years later they're going to make the playoffs. With a rookie quarterback, and you know dead cap Hell, Jim Harbaugh, Andy Reid. You know there's a handful. I think McVeigh and Shanahan fall into that group. And Pro Football Talks suggested the Bear should call Kyle Shanahan, and I'm just gonna throw this out exens So Kyle Shanahan is smart. He has a losing record in San Francisco as a head coach without Christian McCaffrey, who is now into the twilight of his career, Hurtle in Carolina, more so in San Francisco, he is staring down the barrel of signing Brock pretty injured for the second time, to a big deal. It is an old, expensive, brittle roster and he has the least talented quarterback and here are the Bears good roster. He'd get power quarterbacks free for four years. He's got weapons, actually a decent back, and it's a restart. And you'd say to yourself why, because just like San Francisco, San Francisco was a dead franchise held the Warriors were a dead franchise for years. But the minute they got good people are like oh Rick Barry, Chris Mullen, certain franchises are dead. The New York Giants are. The Bears feel like they are. But again, the Warriors were, the Niners were. Chicago is a massive football brand and to be the savior of it in an offensive era, I said this today, I would absolutely say, here's three first round picks.
Speaker 1: We got our cornerback.
Speaker 2: I don't need that. Here we go Kyle Shanahan. I think staring down the barrel of Christian McCaffrey's age, brock pretty getting the bag an old, expensive roster with a lot of debo, and I you questions, I think he takes the call. Am I nuts?
Speaker 1: No, you're not nuts, But I mean he you don't really trade with him, right, like the Niners trade? Yeah? So like that do the not because Kyle Shanahan maybe is interested in the exit, but are the Niners interested in it? Like I would absolutely say the Bears get the twelfth pick in the draft. Of course I would trade the twelfth pick in the draft for Kyle Shanahan. Like it's not even yes, of course, the guy, the guy took Jimmy Garoppolo to a super Bowl, he took Rock Party to Super Bowl. I'm thinking he could do wonders with Caleb Williams, like I want a known commodity. It would be amazing. I'd call the Rams and ask about Sean McVay. Absolutely, I hire an offensive coach, the most proven one that you can find to develop and stabilize for Caleb Williams. However they have to go about getting that, I'd be all four. The Niner situation is an interesting one. They still have a ton of talent on the roster. It's old and brittle and expensive. Like you said, I don't think it's a disaster. Like I think if you asked a Vegas odds maker, hey, what are the preseason Super Bowl favorites for next year? I'd be shocked if the Niners were outside of the top six in terms of preseason odds. We don't know are they gonna pay debo. We don't know if Trent Williams is going to come back. But like, they got a lot of talent still on that team, and they had a freaky amount of injuries. So I don't know if he looks at it as dire as you do. I hope he does, because the Bears have no evidence that they can just conduct a search and hire the right trum. They have no evidence of it. They used a search firm and had Ernie ACRSI consult them on John Fox. And then they had a general manager draft Mitch Trubisky without telling John Fox that that was going to happen, and then they made John Fox coach Mitch Trubisky. Like it's so dysfunctional for so long in that hiring firing, Like thirty thousand foot view part of the organization that if Kevin Warren and Ryan Poles the president and GM go the trade for a coach route, They've never done it before, so I'm in for it. And then just one thing to your point, Chicago, I've said this to you before. It's unified by the Bears. The eighty five Bears still have media deals. They still drink for free. Mike Ditka and I know he was a cult of personality, but I mean the guy made tens of millions of dollars from merchandising. I mean he was on ESPN for forever. He had cigars, he had wine, he had restaurants, he had video games, he had everything from being the coach of the Bears who won the Super Bowl. So it matters when you win a Super Bowl everywhere, but a parade in Chicago would be different than a parade in Los Angeles or Cincinnati. So I would think a lot of coaches who currently have jobs, not just Ben Johnson or Cliff Kingsbury. I would think a lot of coaches. If the Bears are in the markets trade for a coach, I think a lot of coaches would call their agent and say, hey, can I get on that list.
Speaker 2: So one of the things I like about this is the exploration of different things. So I'll ask you about UFOs later, but I want to start with this.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: So a lot of times there's certain things I try to be careful of. Recency bias as a talk show host. Don't over don't get hyperbolic on something because it happened today, confirmation bias. Don't like something because I predicted it, and I think about those two all the time. Don't do that, don't that's what fans do, and I get it. I'm not a fan, right, I'm not paid to be a fan. The other thing is, don't let singular moments define somebody. So Matt Ryan in the Super Bowl had a really bad second half and people now think, you know, he was never clutch. Well, the truth is he is thirty eight come from behind fourth quarter wins. He's actually not that far off Brady, Montana, Elway and Mahomes as one of the great come from behind quarterbacks in the last well, I mean.
Speaker 1: At forever thirty eight. Ever, it's unbelievable. But you see, I did not know that that's a big number. Aaron Rodgers. Conversely, because of the Jared Cook completion down the sideline against the Cowboys and one of the great throws ever, I mean, it's up there with David Tyree and Eli it's one of the great playoff throws. Ever, people view him as a great comeback quarterback. He's actually dreadful. He's got fewer than Ryan Tannehill, significantly fewer than Russell Wilson. Matt Ryan has thirty eight. He has twenty two this year. We've watched six, five or six times. He's not good.
Speaker 2: He gets very, very tight. And why would this be. He's so talented And I have a lot of beliefs on Aaron Rodgers' personality, but generally quarterbacks who are not good late it's because they get tight. And I think Aaron has been elevated because of the esthetic appeal. Marino had this the aesthetic appeal of how beautiful he threw the ball. That he's never been a grinder, and he's kind of an ad libber a little bit. He doesn't in the offseason. He relies like Marino did on his esthetic athleticism, the beauty of it. I mean, he literally throws the ball and he's not on the ground like you ever seen those passes where his feet aren't touching the ground.
Speaker 1: And the truth is the prep quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Brady Matt Ryan was a legendary prep quarterback, Drew Brees, Mahomes, Russell Wilson. I mean I brought Mike Tomlin saying today the dude loves football. You can't get Hi out of the sellet football.
Speaker 1: Is that Aaron has been the reason.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any sense that he'd be great all the time. He's not a good fourth quarter quarterback. And I think it's because that is grinder territory. Bo Nicks, by the way, is already classic grinder, a little smaller than you want, doesn't have the he's already an outstanding fourth quarter quarterback. And so there's my take is that this Aaron Rodgers dot comes out and it's just very funny how we view him as this legendary late game quarterback and it's been on display this year with a dysfunction organization.
Speaker 1: He's actually bad at it. Yeah, so I would be very interested in actually parsing the data on number of opportunities. Is it at all possible that Aaron Rodgers has had fewer opportunities than you would expect because he's so damn good and his team was always winning.
Speaker 2: Russell Wilson and Seattle didn't trail much and he has thirty percent more.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, fair enough, Rogers, you and I I definitely fall for the aesthetic of it. Aaron Rodgers won four MVPs. Some of Aaron Rodgers's peak until Mahomes came along. I would always say it was the best I'd ever seen, and it was better than Brady and it was better than Manning. Not more accomplished or anything like that, but just guy had a forty five touchdown six interception season, like it was stupid. His ability to be a big game hunter, hunt for touchdowns, throw the ball down the field and not turn the ball over like Aaron Rodgers at his peak of his powers is still about as good as ever, and I think crazy influential, Like you mentioned Mahomes, Mahomes is a combination of the two, right, Mahomes has the from the pocket Andy Reid extension, brilliant snap throw, diagnose everything football guy, and then also can throw a ball horizontal to the ground basically like submarine style through three dudes and you're like, I don't think I think a robot made that throw. So Mahomes is stylistically, I actually think, very similar to Aaron Rodgers, but he has this like weird combination of both, which is why he's the most talented to ever do it. I think that the explanation with the Jets is simpler than that. I mean, the guy's old. One guy has been good at his age ever and it was Tom Brady won ever and Aaron Rodgers has other interests and the Jets are really dysfunctional, and he's coming off of a very serious injury, and you know, maybe the Jets bring him back next year, but I wouldn't. If I were them, I'd eat the forty nine millions, spread it out over two years, and just be done with the nonsense in the circus and draft a quarterback and move on and if they do that, can you name a team that would sign him? I said the Raiders. Maybe, yes, like like the Raiders, maybe intrigue tough division have no shot to win it. You draft a quarterback, you sign Aaron Rodgers. You hope that Rogers has the quarterback sit behind him and has like a Jordan Love situation. Maybe do you have an organization that would pay Aaron Rodgers to play football next year?
Speaker 2: It's funny because Brady now is going to be part of the Raiders ownership group, so Mark Davis would rely on Brady's opinion on that, and I don't I'm not gonna speak for Tom, but I don't think he holds Aaron in the regard that.
Speaker 1: Fandom does.
Speaker 2: I think Tom sees a guy that relied heavily on talent and didn't put Brady's obsessive Peyton Manning Breeze's obsessive compulsion to work. I think within Brady.
Speaker 1: Has to be just disgusted that Aaron Rodgers has other interests. You hosted Jeopardy, you travel in the off season, you do experimental drugs. And by the way, that trailer, like I'll watch the documentary, but that trailer of him saying I love science or I love silence while being miked up and filmed is one of the most unintentionally hilarious things ever. Like, Buddy, you've got like a camera crew and a sound guy and you're miked up, but you're doing a darkness retreat. It's just so he's such a oh he says enigma, I don't know, or you're just a pseudo intellectual who loves attention and has a massive ego. It's just it's so funny to me.
Speaker 2: I want to delve into something that is so I not that I was late at TikTok, but my wife fifteen minutes when that stuff came out. She strolls it every morning. She's got recipes and I mean she's constantly saying, oh God, I saw this recipe. I gotta try it, and the dog videos and she'll I'll be playing wordle and I'll be reading, you know, CNN or the New York Times, whatever I'm reading, and my wife is just and she'll read that stuff about she's strolling scrolling, I mean just threw it. And so I don't know what it is, and I'm going to suggest to you what it is. I guess is that over the last three weeks, I have just had this compulsion to go on TikTok. And I think it's the UAPs and the UFOs that I find it hysterical. I do not believe in them. I never have. With the Hubble telescope and the other telescopes, if they were out there, we would see him. I'm not going to trust Clancy in middle of Indiana at night four, heinekens in to tell me, you know here Aliens.
Speaker 1: So I.
Speaker 2: People say things. They'll say it's incredibly arrogant to think we're the only people in the galaxy.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: I'm saying with the technology we have, I don't think Merle would spot it. I think our telescopes would, and that I don't believe any of this stuff, but I am fascinated when people go to the sky, often in the flight line of a major airport, and go look at that, and I'm like, yeah, I live near Lax. There's forty of those puppies lined up, and the further they are away, the more they look like UFOs. Now tell me your stance on UFOs. This I mean on TikTok. There's now like UFOs today, thousand pictures come up videos.
Speaker 1: It was in the it was in the news in New Jersey yesterday. Like Carton on breakfast Ball was like, did you see the UFOs over my house? I was like, no, I didn't, and he was like, oh yeah, and he showed me a news clip and you watched the video and he's like, what do you think that is? I'm like, Buddy, I don't know what it is. But I don't think it's an alien. I don't think it fucked like I don't. I am not arrogant enough to believe that we're the only thing in the galaxy. But I'm also not arrogant enough to believe that I can explain it. And my cynical nature or distrust of whatever is like it's probably us, Like it's it's the government doesn't tell us everything, Like it's probably us or China. They were a military exercise of some kind, or you know what I mean. Like, I don't know what it is. I'm not saying that people don't see things, and I'm not at all claiming that we get the full story, but I don't necessarily think it's spoke.
Speaker 2: So back before the stealth was created, I worked in Vegas. I worked in Vegas from like eighty seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: Three or something like that.
Speaker 2: So we had a reporter, Dan Burns, and he kept getting these calls because he did like our aviation beat. Right, we had a mob beat and aviation beat and a lot of stuff. And Dan Burns was this great reporter and he kept getting calls about these triangular shaped lights people would see. And it was like a two year deal. And you know, then the Iraq War hit and the stealth was now part of our national discussion. Right that nobody we had the word stealth, but stealth Bomber's CNN when they flew in and under the radar, Well, they were testing them Area fifty one among other places. So people weren't crazy. They were seeing things, but they wanted that to be secret.
Speaker 1: So I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I think our government is first of all.
Speaker 1: Drones.
Speaker 2: Well, you knew our government was going to create at some point super drones, like drones that you're not going to get anywhere else. I mean, you hear about the government what they want to do with like the bitcoins and cryptocurrency, and you hear stories from business people, entrepreneurs about what they wanted to do with AI and the Biden White House. Regardless of what side you are on the spectrum, they like to get their arms around stuff, fortify it, modify it, and control it. That's what our government does, probably more than we're comfortable with.
Speaker 1: So I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I tend to think they're experimenting and they want to see how the public reacts. They want to see how visible it is. They want to see if they can hide it from the post. I think this has just happened my entire life absolutely. I mean Colin, my four year old, has a drone.
Speaker 1: They have. I mean, drone technology has been around for a while. It was a big part of the Obama presidency certainly, and now like you can buy one for forty bucks. So I think there's a bunch of stuff that the couple, what is it trillion dollar defense budget. My guess is they got some pretty cool toys like that. Occasionally Merle or Clancy or whatever sees and they're just not gonna tell us what it is. But I also think we want to believe stuff and media works for a reason, and movies make hundreds of millions of dollars for a reasoning. Independence Day is a hell of a watch, Like it's a great movie, you know, Alien Versus Predator. There's a reason why it's a franchise. It's it's it's a fun story. We don't want to believe that I got a mortgage and life and a couple of kids, and if you're lucky, you get eighty years and then you go into the ground and there's nothing before us, and there's nothing after us. And you know what I mean. We want to believe in extra cool stuff. And there's a reason why Twilight and Stranger Things and Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and all that stuff is so popular. It's fun to believe in things that are overwhelmingly likely not real. We just are. We're easy, we are. I don't blame people for believing in it. I guess this is my point, because we are fed so much stuff to make it seem like like Game of Thrones, that dragon looks real. I'm sorry, I don't know what a real dragon is, but I'm like it looked real. We get we get inundated with a bunch of fantasy in a way where I understand why people want to believe in stuff.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here so you can win big getting in on the action at Draftking sports Book, which is the official sports betting partner of the NBA. There's sure to rim rattling slams, no look passes, get behind your favorite players and the prop bets you can make on DraftKings, the home of NBA player props. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it simple, pick a team to win. Go to the DraftKings sports Book app. Ninety seconds download it. Make your pick a team to win first time. Here's something special new DraftKings customers. Bet five bucks. That's it, and you can get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets if you're five dollars bet wins. So score big with DraftKings sports Book. Every point counts. Download the app and use the code column c l I N co l I N for new customers to get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets betting just five bucks if you're five dollars.
Speaker 1: Bet wins only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one night hundred Gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wy or text hope and WY four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bet must win to receive reward. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. In four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co.
Speaker 1: Slash b ball.
Speaker 2: I know you have a great affection for baseball, and my first job out of college was a triple A baseball announcer, so I wanted to be a baseball announcer. And then the world changed and I football and gambling in Vegas and whatever. So but I do think baseball. I'll start with this premise that baseball is going to go through a really good decade. The regional sports networks have died since Fox sold them, and the bottom has fallen out of the sport. The bottom ten to twelve payrolls now needed that money, and it's dried up fast, and so the gap between the haves and the have nots between the Dodgers, Yankees, Astros, Mets, Padres and the rest of baseball has gotten white. And it actually helps baseball because where baseball drives its revenue a large degree of its television And if you can combine teams that become the Warriors with KD Star driven Philadelphia, New York, New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Atlanta, it actually works for this sport. There's always been a competitive advantage. When the YES network first exploded and other entities weren't making that money. The Yankees dominated the Hot Stove League for fifteen years and now it's some other teams and the Yankees. So I think the best players are on the biggest brands and in the biggest market, and it helps. Conversely, NBA ants and Minnesota. Wemby's in San Antonio, Jokich is in Denver, Jannis, Milwaukee. You know, Jalen Brunson's a nice piece. But in the end, with Lebron and Steph Curry aging, there's a markets matter except for the NFL. So with that premise, baseball is in a good spot. So nobody likes their commissioner. Rob Manfred has stepped in it a few times. Danny, but he has been aggressive enough and his last two moves have absolutely worked, removing the defensive shift and the pitch clock. Attendance and ratings have benefited. So the golden at bat is being suggested. And obviously I've said this, I'm not sure if I've said it before, but baseball purists are a lot like the Quakers of religion. They're diminishing in numbers. Over my lifetime, we were all exhausted by their purity. And baseball purists very much are, you know, the sanctity of the game. But television now is the primary provider of revenue, and they want more stars and they want faster games. And I got to tell you seeing Bryce Harper for the second time in twelve minutes instead of the dugout is not a terrible thing. Now, you're more purest than I am. After my rant here, but I see the upside to it.
Speaker 1: No, I do too. So Okay, there was a lot there and it was really good. Let's start with the golden at bat and then we could work backwards. I like it. I don't know that it'll work. I don't know that it'll get passed, but my basic premise is I like sports and leagues who try stuff. When the NFC Championship game with the Saints happened and there was the terrible pass interference penalty, and they made past interference reviewable for the next year, I said at the time that that was going to backfire. I was like, that's not a good idea making penalties reviewable, But I understood the thought process behind it. They did a trial for a year. It was a disaster. They went back on it, but I applauded them for trying it, even if I thought it wasn't going to work. The nd season tournament, we'll see how big of a deal it becomes. But I like that they tried it the pitch clock, as you mentioned, they finally tried it. Theo Epstein got really involved, made a bunch of recommendations. He backed it data. He tried stuff in the Fall League and the miners and independent ball, and they worked it up and they're trying it and the rule changes are working. Trying stuff is a good idea, So I like the premise of it. I like thinking outside the box. I don't particularly care about the purists. And then I had our researcher at breakfast Ball Troy, He's excellent. Look into the data on it, and just to use the Dodgers and the Yankees, the teams that were in the World Series with the biggest stars. If you said eighth inning or later, tieder, one run, game runner in scoring position, the Dodgers had that circumstance happen one hundred and thirty eight times this past season. Otani came up to the plate twenty times. It's not enough when you compare it to Mahomes down six balls in his hand, last two minutes, Lebron's got the ball in his hands. Aaron Judge came up in that spot eight times all year. Loan Soto came up ten times all year. So your biggest stars, your best players, did not come up in the biggest moments all year long, nearly enough. So that is a problem that is worth solving. I have no idea if the baseball illuminati will go for it, but I love the creativity. Here's a prediction for you, and you're more sourced than I am. You know all the head honchos and more owners and all of that. But let's just call this an informed one. I think the next CBA in baseball is going to be ugly. The last couple have been because of the collapse of the RSN model and how much of the revenue is localized. Right, the Dodgers got the last great deal, so they have more money than everybody else. And then the vanity owners, the Steve Cohens of the world, the Yankees of the world. They can outspend everybody. The Cubs have a network, but they launched it late, so they don't make as much money from it as they would have if they would have launched it in twenty eleven, twenty twelve, twenty thirteen. I think we've got the best chance that we've ever had in the history of the sport to come out of the next labor negotiation. And it might be ugly. We might miss some games, we might miss the spring training. We'll see how ugly it gets. I think we might get a cap and a floor. I think there's a real chance that enough billionaires that are in smaller markets are going to say, guys, I understand we want stars in big markets, but we can't compete with no local media. Deal Like the Fox money is great, that the ESPN money is great, but if you guys are making the if the Dodgers are making hundreds of millions of dollars basically a year from their deal, and the Twins and the Diamondbacks and the Brewers and the Pirates, and a third of the league at this point has their local media literally owned by MLB. The people that own those teams are still billionaires, and their friends are if they're friends with the billionaire who own the rich teams with the good media deals. And the players I think are going to go through You know, Corbyn Burns will get paid, Soda will get paid. But I think we're going to go through enough free agent cycles where enough players are going to realize that the Dodgers can't sign everybody, they only can play one right fielder, they only can play one shortstop, that they are finally going to acquiesce and say, okay, it's in our benefit if the Pirates have to spend more and the Dodgers have to spend a little bit less, and then it will distribute the stars a little bit more evenly, which will go against your first point. But a cap and a floor, I think is a real chance to come to baseball in the next five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're paying attention to it. And of course working at Fox, both of us now know about the regional sports networks the RSNS. It is it is one of the great exits in the history of business. Those were worth half as much an hour after the Murdoch sold them, and ninety percent less two hours after they sold them. It was yeah, they and it was a two billion, three billion dollar a year revenue for Fox. But the problem being there were about four major markets in the offing looking for new renegotiations and deals, and the profits we're going to diminish. And uh yeah, that's really really hurt the Kansas Cities, the Pittsburgh's, the Seattles. It's highly punitive. They just can't for they can't even get in the running on sometime second tier players, forget Soto and Otani.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again, like, the Cubs are a big market team that make a killing. That attendance and in stadium revenue matters in baseball more than any of the other sports. And it's not close because they have so many. Right, You've got eighty one home games. So the Cubs are a big market team who do very well. But again, they launched the marketing network late. I'm not speaking out of school. This is well documented. They would admit to it, and so you would think broadcasting one hundred and fifty Cubs games a year would be great business. It's good business, but it's not great. But it's not close to what the Dodgers get because of when they launched it, because the cable companies are not doing it in the same way that they are not They're not willing to pay for it in cord cutting and all the reasons that are impacting the media landscape. So it's the inequity I think has grown. You're right, it puts stars in big markets, and in theory that is good. But there's too many billionaires that own too many teams that don't have that deal that you don't want them to get out of the baseball business and not want to own the Twins or the Diamondbacks or the Pirates or the Brewers. So I think there's going to be a mechanism to level the playing field through the next CBA. I really do the as we do what we do for a living.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never been a really envious person, but as I've aged, there are some things in our business that feel like sometimes minutia, like doing shows, in July. In the last year, for the first time, I took like three weeks off in July. I said, guys, it's it's.
Speaker 1: By the way, thank you because I hosted for you July eighth and ninth, and I think it changed my life, so so please do that again.
Speaker 2: So the reason July and August have gotten less interesting are cultural changes. I believe Sean McVay said I'm not playing any of my good players in the preseason, and everybody said, you're nuts.
Speaker 1: You'll start off oh.
Speaker 2: To eight and he started eight and oh, and then everybody went, I think he's got it. And so now the preseason is utterly charmless. There is nothing interesting about it at all. Therefore, those three to four weeks and they've shortened it from four to three weeks, will probably be shortened to two weeks, and August is dead. It's regular season baseball. A lot of the you know, as the gap between the good and the terrible and Made League Baseball widens, the races are settled, you know, the good teams are resting pitchers and you know, so it's a little minutia. So sometimes I think the audience thinks we do things just for ratings. Of course we do right. Ratings and revenue drive our entire existence. But I was I was sitting there day and I was thinking about the cyclical nature. And I took a calendar out, and I thought, here are the busy times, here are the slow times. And I found, like six weeks. If I could ideally take six weeks off a year, six to eight, here.
Speaker 1: Where they were.
Speaker 2: And one of the things that was interesting is that in my lifetime only one sport has been created, UFC that literally becomes part of my life. I'm now watching UFC. I watched college pro, NBA, March Madness golf tournament's tennis, I watched all that stuff. Now soccer is more popular. But I was watching the United States men's and women's national teams twenty five years ago.
Speaker 1: I didn't care.
Speaker 2: Sof is now the one created sport. A lot of it's just the force of nature, force of personality of Dana White, like renting an island during COVID, just it really sums up who he is. But I was sitting there and I said, you know what, Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese has a magic bird feel to it. And I said, I talked about it ten times this year, and I monitor my ratings and the ratings people dug it. It was often my first or second highest rented segment, and I said, I think it's going to become I never thought this in a million years. Hell, the teams don't make any money WNBA. But I'm like, well, do I have to cover the league? No, I'm going to cover Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese. I don't cover boxing, but about three times a year there's a fight in the seventies, eighties, and nineties and you'd say, Okay, here's Ali Foreman. We would before I got into this business, and I know a lot of people will push back and go that's very PC. But outside of UFC, I am convinced that Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese will be a decade long potential story as long as both teams are viable.
Speaker 1: Is that a reach? Is that recency bias? No? I don't think so. Listen. One of the all time great Colin Cowhard analogies is that you're in the omelet business, not the egg business. I love that line. I think it's so good. You're like, my job isn't to make you interesting? I talk about you when you become interesting. I loved that line from you, And so they are interesting. The data supports it, and it has a lot of things. Listen, frankly, some of it's ugly, right, There's there's racial components, there's sexism components. Like some of the stuff that came back on it was pretty ugly. But at its core, I always say rivalries are awesome. Yeah, rivalry. That's why Steelers Ravens gets you your juices flowing a little bit, Bears, Packers, Yankees, Read Cubs, Cardinals, Celtics, Lakers. We like it. We like rivalries because I want less hate in the world and more Hayen sports, and so like a healthy amount of hate is okay to me. Like I don't want there to be riots, but I wasn't like clutching my pearls over flag planting, you know. I'm like, it's kind of funny, Like it's kind of funny that a two win team plants a flag at midfield and then they push a show and it goes the other way. When you're pepper spraying college kids, I'm like, that's ridiculous. And I understand that I'm flirting in a gray area there on advocating something, and then when it gets too far, I'm like, well that's too far. Sorry, call me a hypocrite. I like a little bit of trash talk in my sports. I'm gonna do something on Breakfast Ball tomorrow. I don't think taunting should be a penalty in the NFL on sportsmanlike conduct. If you punch a guy, you spit any guy's face, fine, unnecessary roughness, the same thing, delay a game, same thing taunting. Let them trash talk and figure it out. I'm cool with it. I'll make the case tomorrow on the show. That's a meandering way to get to rights are awesome and star power, celebrity h it dates back to college familiarity. We know it. And then there's also this, and you could speak to this. You've been in the game longer than I have. People like to be a part of something that is growing, right, Like the World Series, the number was big, it was as good as it could have been. Yankees and Dodgers, Otani, Judge, Sodo, et cetera. But like if baseball got that number thirty years ago, they would have been appalled. And so like the general trend of baseball is down in terms of ratings from where it was, the WNBA, the era is going up. People like growth stories, Right, how many companies have you invested in or talked to their CEOs out there in California where it's like, we don't even need to show profit, we just need to show that we're growth and more you and all of that stuff. So I think that's the netflicks for years, for almost all of them, for years. You know, like the line in David Fincher's The Social Network, like, don't you're throwing a cool party? You know a million dollars isn't cool? You know it is a billion dollars, Like don't don't take an ad when you got on one hundred college campuses. Wait until you're in one hundred countries and then do it right, like lose money, keep getting your funding, and then cash in big at the end. So I don't know how big the WNBA can get, That's right, I don't. Like I do have some skepticism on how big it can get as as a whole league teams. Caitlin Clark not rooting for it, obviously, but like say she tears her ACL in the second week of the season. I think that'd be real bad for interest for the sport for that season, right. I think it's carried by a very few pockets of stars right now. But will it be more popular in five years than it is today? Yes, Like it is clearly a growth enterprise, and I think that that is also a really popular phenomenon. Like people like to be a part of something early in on the grounds or I knew this band before they got on the test feel smart? Yes, Oh when when did you sign up for Blue Sky? Like you know what I mean, Like it's happening right now. We'll see maybe Blue Sky will be a huge thing in two years, maybe it will be like what was Blue Sky again? But so I don't know where it ends for the WNBA, but I am absolutely positive Caitlin Clark will be a story ten years from now. She will bring the league with her. And that is good business because it's growth. Even if Yankees Dodgers outrates the WNBA championship, like it's just one's going up the others going down. So therefore it it is seen as a cooler thing to be a part of.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about something really really important. If you're ever injured, check out Morgan and Morgan's America's largest injury law firm, and they're there for you. Over one hundred offices nationwide. Think about that, more than a thousand lawyers with over twenty billion. That's a B twenty billion dollars recovered for over five hundred thousand clients. Things happen in life unexpectedly. Submitting an injury claim with Morgan and Morgan is really really easy. Like winning in the NFL is hard. We know that quarterbacking in the NFL is hard, Submitting a claim is easy. You're ever injured, check out Morgan and Morgan. Their fee is free unless they win. For more information, go to for Thepeople dot com, slash Colin or dial pound law from your cell phone. Pretty easy. That's for the people dot com, slash Colin or pound law pound five to nine from your cell Morgan and Morgan has a proven track record of fighting for you to get a full and fair compensation if there's an unexpected accident in your life. This is a paid advertisement. I want to talk about Blue Sky and I want to talk about the media in general. I'm not going to join Blue Sky because you can't transfer your followers. There's what they call a bridge that can help it. But people are too busy to worry about my bridge and my followers. So if I could transfer all my followers, I don't even know if I would do it then, but I can't, and I have almost two million. So I'm okay with I'm okay with X. But it's a bigger picture is that you know a lot of people on the left post election, I'm out of here, and my take is, well, that's kind of precious and a bit convenient. Is that the truth is and Ethan Strauss discussed this recently in a column on Substackbody gets treated like shit on X.
Speaker 1: That's you got it.
Speaker 2: Pretty girls, ugly boys, everybody. I mean, nobody's happy because people, most people don't have power, and anonymously we all have more power, and a lot of people who are miserable and lonely, this is their time to flex, so let them just don't read it. But it's interesting. I think there's a responsibility to some degree. We're all somewhat, you know, responsible for our happiness. I tell my daughter, don't wake up looking for happiness. Have have things to do, follow your passions and what you're good at, you'll find happiness right, Like happiness will come to you if you just wake up. It's like grabbing a rainbow. I'm gonna wake up and find happiness. There's nothing to grab. You have to see other things that make you happy. That's happiness.
Speaker 1: And it really was.
Speaker 2: What's interesting about a lot of Hollywood and the left moving to blue Sky. It's like you just lost an election and there's an argument to be made the primary reason was you were a bit out of touch with regular people. Well, a lot of regular people get a flex on X, and when you lost, they did. And you're saying I don't want to deal with you, and to me, I'm like, guys, you would have stayed if you want, stay if you lose, stay connected to people, even if they can be angry and occasionally vile.
Speaker 3: Is one of the.
Speaker 2: Reasons I stay on X is to allow people to take shots at me, to allow people to whack emle me because I'm wrong, And if I'm wrong, I don't have to read it, I commute it. But I do think the one of the forms of hypocrisy that really bothers me about the media is we criticize for a living and we can't take it.
Speaker 1: Oh, Yeah, I hate that about us. Yeah that the last part of what you just said. I could not rubber stamp my agreement went on more people, It's amazing what we get to do for a living. And like the fact that, like if we get a wrong opinion thrown in our face and then people get defensive about it in our industry, I'm like, are you nuts? Like we don't get fired for being wrong, Like Matt Eberflus just got fired, you know what I mean, Like, like he's got to sell his house and move now, he'll be fine. I'm not asking you to like play a violin for the guy made millions and millions of dollars. He'll be fine. But still, like there were consequences for him not being good, Like they're not consequences for me being wrong about a prediction about the Philadelphia Eagles, like be entertaining, own up to it, keep it moving, come back the next day. So I'm with you media people who, especially in the opinions, who cannot deal with criticism. I think it's crazy. Now, obviously there are lines that should not be crossed, racial slurs, threats. Obviously, people of color get it worse. Women get it worse. This is all documented. I remember once it's like there was a study like negative feedback outweighs positive feedback by like thirty to one. You don't call your cable company and said cable's working great, Like you call when there's a problem, So the discourse of the feedback is going to skew negative. So that's all of that part. The other thing about the thing about Blue Sky is like, so I squatted on a username. I haven't posted once. I don't do anything. I'm just like, in case this becomes big, I don't want anyone else to be Danny Parkins on Blue Sky. I have my username, and I'm going to be in this at this point longer than you are, right just by eight. So I'm just trying to like, I don't know where it's all going to go, but I'm trying to be prepared for where it does. My thought on the liberal move to Blue Sky was I understan stood the desire to like form your own team and like consolidate your own team, but like it's a it's not like a conservative can't sign up for Blue Sky. There's no pre rest, So who's to say it's not going to turn into the exact same thing and who's And by the way, I'm not at all saying that the only people that are negative were nasty on X are conservative. That is not what I'm saying. But like, if lu Ski gets big, a lot of people with diverse opinions and backgrounds and actions and intentions are going to be on it. And then the other thing is, aren't we bubbled and siloed enough? That was my big thing about it. We all are in our own feedback loop already, we all already have our own algorithms, and like, yeah, the for utab is clearly being influenced by the lunatic who bought X. But like my Instagram reels when I search how to cast iron or ribi, I then get way more Instagram reels about steak like they're not They're not made from nothing, And so I agree, like leaving the place where the biggest public discourse on the Internet happens because you were upset with the result, didn't feel like it would solve a problem. It felt like it would make you feel better, as opposed to working towards solving a problem. So if you want to do it to feel better, fine, But I also I don't really believe that most of these people are like gone for good. We're addicted to these things. Yeah, we are just addicted to them. I've checked my phone twice since this interview started. Like it's hard, it's hard to put it down, you know, not interview conversation, but like it's just so I'm very skeptical of like Blue Sky, like long term us feeling like we are just oh, we just found a new one. People they'll be they'll be on X, and if it gets big and replaces X, then it will have the same problems that X hads. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I the silo comments interesting because I joke with my wife, she just every time I start this conversation, like once a year, she said, stop it. I'll say to her, I get free parking in Los Angeles and a free smoothie every day at Fox. I did the math on that. That's seventy two hundred dollars a year, and she's like, I know what you make. That's the dumbest thing I've heard. And I've said I always say to her, do you understand if I stayed at a company for twenty years, the value of free parking and free smoothies and oat field and coffee at a company and she and she said, I said, who gets that? And I often think about that little thing. By the way, I get my haircut for free haircut, smoothie, coffee, parking. That sounds ridiculous. Do you know how many people, if you could sign up for that in a city, would literally fight over it?
Speaker 1: And I do.
Speaker 2: And I guess my point with my wife is I'm never going to allow those to be forgotten. If people got free parking in Chicago, they'd be like, honey, I just got free parking in Chicago.
Speaker 1: The greatest thing ever. Yeah. When I felt when I filled in for you and they delivered that smoothie to the dressing room, I was like. I texted my wife. I was like, I think it's smoothie. They asked for my smoothie order and then it showed up. It was amazing. We don't get we don't get free smoothies. By the way, and Fox Sports one in New York, I I've asked, we don't, we don't, we don't get free smoothies. You gotta you gotta put in a good word for me out here. I need the free smoothie treatment from the LA offices.
Speaker 2: Well, that silo comment's real because I tell my wife it's easy to forget the stuff I get every day a staff like it's just something that most people would fight over. A parking space in a major city could be four thousand dollars a year for parking.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, don't think that everybody who works on breakfast ball like that drives in producers or what. It's a huge thing for them, right, It's like very expensive to park in New York City. And yeah, like we're not on the Fox lot. But again, obviously I'm not complaining. The jobs amazing and the perks are amazing, but yeah, it's good to have perspective outside of your bubble. And you made it about smoothies and free parking. But I would also say, like there are very few people. There are a couple. I'll admit that. I'm like, I just want to mute you because I don't want to see like your intentionally divisive, mean spirited, racist, hateful rhetoric come into my timeline because it just there's there's just negative ROI on it, right, like for mental health happiness, I'll go down a rabbit hole. It'll make me upset and now I'm just angry, So like that was just I've definitely done that with some people. Yeah, but I do try to understand people who disagree with me. I do to read sites and people and feeds and interact with things that like challenge my worldview because it's a big, messy diverse country and a big messy, diverse, diverse world. Like if you only consume all the stuff that you already agree with, like, what's the point. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, I want to learn, I want to understand. I want to hold the same one some gaps like it. It. I don't believe that, like people who disagree with me are like bad people inherently. I think some of them are, and some are at least motivated by some bad stuff. But like, generally speaking, people want to be healthy, provide for their family, have happy, healthy kids, and like get along with their neighbors. So it's like, okay, let's try to understand each other and meet in the middle somewhere. So that's how I try to operate. But some people, Man, you got to mute, you got to have a site about your day. Yeah no, no, I know you do. I know you do. And we're we're meandering here. This is a very abstract conversation. But I like apps. That's why podcasts work. No, that's true, that's true. I just I don't know how much deconstruction of the election you've done as to like why it went the way that it did.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, I believe me. I so I'll throw this at you. When an election happens. Every four years, of federal election, I go to the losing team because all winners act the same, cocky, condescending told.
Speaker 1: You we were right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I go to the losing side. So when Trump lost, I went to Fox News for three weeks. I don't watch a lot of cable politics outside of like election day or midterm day, So I went to Fox. So I went to MSNBC for three weeks. And I told a friend, I said, I don't think ms MSNBC has bathrooms, because nobody there is looking in the mirror. It's like a real problem. First it was racism, and I'm like, no, Obama had two terms, could have one a third. Then it was misogyny. No, Hillary Clinton won the popular election. And what I found on MSNBC, and again I don't I'm not taking sides here. I don't watch a lot of either of this stuff. I think Steve Karneck he's very good an election night, and so I leaned toward him. But by and large I don't care. Even though I work for Fox, I tend to be a moderate, socially left, fiscally right. But what I did find is there is there's an inability by both sides when they lose, to discover why they lost. And I'll I'll and I'll give you that's that's my first take is it's I'll give you an example, a sports example about the election. So every weekend in the NFL there's three blowouts. Does that mean there's three great teams?
Speaker 1: No, definitely, No.
Speaker 2: It means there's lots of crappy teams. There's a lot of average politicians, average candidates, average teams, average coaches. There's almost no great college football this year. One hundred and thirty Division one teams. There's no great team, not one. Tennis any one point. Federi Jokovic, Nadal in the whole world regreats a lot of goods. Serena, you know Martina in her prime, that was one of two. Right. So my take on the election was if you go back to Reagan winning and he had like a record turnout record support. Why because Jimmy Carter was one of our weakest presidents and Mondale when he ran against him, was a really, really weak candidate, and Reagan was charismatic. So it was as much about Reagan, whose first three years in office were not profound. He struggled right, it took him a while, but it was about a charismatic personality who had been an actor and really weak opposition Trump. And it's as the total votes have come in, it's not the mandate we many people subscribe to. But cop think about this with Kamalo, even in California, never heard of her until the twenty nineteen primaries, of which he had no coalition, didn't get me votes, and because of the emergence of TikTok and Biden's decline, he dominated the news cycle for three and a half years. She was invisible. They gave her the border. I'm not sure she went to it. She was invisible. Then Biden stubbornly was kicked to the curb very late in the process. She came in and for three to four weeks the primary issue was where'd she go? So Trump has the biggest personal.
Speaker 1: Brand in America. As a human being.
Speaker 2: She was largely invisible as a vice president, as they're prone to be, but the age and TikTok, Instagram, I mean, Biden was everywhere. And so this came down to she wasn't a terribly strong candidate and he had charisma and a brand. Even in high school elections, the popular good looking or the popular funny kid wins, right, And so they gave her the border.
Speaker 1: That was it. She didn't do a good job with the border.
Speaker 2: That was the vice president's get one one thing to put their arms around.
Speaker 1: She kind of butchered that.
Speaker 2: So to me, yeah, instead of being MSNBC just acknowledging she wasn't a great candidate, He's a big brand with a lot of bluster. Instead, it was these branches of the tree. And I'm like, oh, this is painful. That was my long winded take.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that the you know, anyone who says they know exactly what happened right after an election is wrong, right, Like, there's one hundred and fifty million votes, people, genders, races, income classes, they're not monoliths. They don't only vote for one reason. People generalize it. You've got to actually like crunch the numbers and the data and like come to conclusions. It takes time. I listened to the uh Podsave America podcast with the Kamala campaign manager and like a couple of advisors, and it was just infuriating. It. It was just they were just complimenting themselves on how great they did and how Cask was and listen, maybe it was impossible. Maybe Trump was too big of a brand, people were feeling inflation too much, Biden was too unpopular, and it was one hundred and seven days and she was a vice president for an unpopular president in a tough economy, and maybe maybe it was impossible. Maybe it was impossible for her to win in that timing, in that circumstance. But God, did they have a lot of like, well, we had to do this, and we ran this, and we raised the record amount of this, and we had to define this and we got on this and we couldn't do everything, and we tried to do this and it was because of this and we did. I was like, do you not have thumbs? Can you point a thumb? Can anyone point a thumb? I was just pointing fingers and it's just like excuses and we did this, and I was so proud of this, and they were so good at this. I was like, you weren't great because you didn't flip a single county. Stop telling me how great you did. Just take some acountability, take your loss, learn from it and right and move on. And so, you know, I hope they do. I don't think it's as doom and gloom as everybody else seems. I never know.
Speaker 2: It's very cyclical. It'll go back and forth, back and forth. The Reagan example is probably the most famous one, right, like forty nine states, like it's it so yeah, but man, just a little bit more accountability would be nice, Yes, a little bit more, a little bit more accountability would be nice. Yeah, But I do think it's much more fascinating to watch the losing side try to discover their issues. And it's fascinating to me how infrequently and how long it takes and how infrequently they do. And James Carville and Bill Maher I think, have been closer to the reality of it. But it was just a lot of race and misogyny, and it's like guys mirrors look in them. Stop blaming the voters look.
Speaker 1: In the mirror. I think there's a lot of that. And by the way, that's the thing that's true in sports too. The most interesting story is often in the losing locker room. Who blew it, who choked? Who's getting traded because of this, who's getting cut because of this, who's getting fired because of this? Like there's there's more. There are often more interesting stories and lessons to be learned from the losing side of a story.
Speaker 2: I think almost olways. In fact, when I do my show in the morning, I try not to be negative. So this morning I led with the twelve team college bracket, uh, kind of defending the committee, being positive, defending the committee Alabama choice. And then I went to the idea, which is kind of uplifting if you're a Bears fan, that let's go for it and get Kyle Shanahan. But I've had days. I had a day about two weeks ago, or the first four stories. It was a Monday, and I was like, God.
Speaker 1: I'm just hurping.
Speaker 2: And I remember like taking two of my stories early and just put them in the last hour. I'm like, God, I'm wearing me out. After these first three stories.
Speaker 1: I don't think we do. But I think that's actually a good sports media criticism. Like I think that I think that people have like gotten tired of the Chiefs on some level, like they're very popular, Like the data doesn't say that, but I'm saying, like it's almost becoming vogue, and they're playing close games. They're not as dominant this year, like on field questions and criticisms of close games against Vegas and Carolina and all that is totally doubt. I'm not saying it's not, but we should strive to and I try to and continue to try to. And we're sixty eight shows in or whatever we are into breakfast Ball, so hopefully I've got a long road ahead of me to like back up these words with actions. But like it's fun to appreciate stuff and be like how cool was that? How great of a play was that? Like we are watching You're like Daniel Jones sucks, like I guess, but he's actually awesome, Like he sucks compared to Patrick Mahomes. I don't want to be my team's quarterback, but if you if he was the Syracuse football quarterback next week, they'd go on a run, they'd win a bunch of games. So I do think there's a little bit more room too. It's easy to talk about what's wrong with Phil and the blank team as opposed to making it interesting of why the Lions are crushing everybody, Like we just as a collective, I think we should try our best to like appreciate sports and celebrate them. Not that you can't be negative, not that you can't take an ax to something or call for a firing. It's all fine and good. These guys get paid a bunch of money. It's it's the opinion business you should be But it's just a It's a good, healthy thing to remember that, Like we should celebrate the champions. I get on Stinking Carton Like, I'm like you guys just like you hate greatness. We're rooting against the Chiefs, Like are you crazy? Like Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes track, these guys are unlikable in some way. No, they're awesome. They're historic. Like we've never seen a three pet You don't want to see it? Why I want to see it. I want to see the three. I want to see the greatness that I've never seen before. I'm not tired of it yet.
Speaker 2: The only thing that pushes back on that for me is I feel bad for Buffalo. I'd like to see Buffalo win one. Had Buffalo won before Kansas City went on this run, I'd love to see a three peace.
Speaker 1: But listen, I I called Josh Allen MVP before the year. I said he was the second best player in football before the year, and I picked him to win the division before the year when few people did, like I think he is. It is so I think I said this on your pond a few visits ago, like he is so very clearly the closest thing to Mahomes. And that's not like a one year sample the eighteen interceptions last year to not change my pinion, like going back to twenty twenty two. Now, it is very clear to me that it is Mahomes one, Allen two, and so he will get one. I will root for the three peat this year. But part of that is also my mom's family's from Kansas City. I worked there, I was there when they hired Andy Reid, So part of that is like a personal tie and bias and Chiefs fans and Arrowhead and all of that. So yeah, Josh Allen, Buffalo and those fans that would also be an excellent story. Obviously the Lions would be an excellent story. But I'm not tired of the greatness yet. From the chiefs. I liked Tiger, I liked Michael Jordan. You know, Brady did get a little ridiculous to me. I will admit that it's like the one because it was just it's like, dude, you're winning when you're in your forties.
Speaker 2: Well, I even had Lebron and Brady fatigue.
Speaker 1: Two decades is a little much, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But Tiger Tiger's ten years go back in YouTube. Tiger at the US Open Pebble Beach. You could watch the entire final round if you had three hours. It's insane.
Speaker 1: My listen, my dad didn't golf, and I love golf because of Tiger Woods. Like I'm of that age, right, Like I'm born in eighty six, so I'm eleven years old in ninety seven when he wins the Masters, like he was, Like, it was a phenomenon. It was Michael Jordan, it was It was incredibly influential to watch that level of greatness. Like Caitlin Clark is creating women's basketball fans, like Tiger Woods created golf fans. There's cult of personality, figures in that level of dominance that I'll always be that, I'll always be Bones Jones. I hadn't bought UFC Fights in a while. I love the UFC Bones Jones Fights. I buy the card one hundred percent. Like there's like I am attracted to greatness almost universally.
Speaker 2: Danny Parkins Breakfast Ball FS one, good Talk.
Speaker 1: Anybody you said once a month, anytime, buddy, you know that I'm available anytime.
Speaker 2: Thursday Night Football is on. It's only on Prime Video. Best season yet pack with big rivalries, even bigger stars al Michaels, Kirk Kurbstreet, Kaylee Hartung. Every week games you can't miss. Coverage begins at seven Eastern with Football's Best Party TNF Tonight Thursday Night Football Tonight. If you're not a Prime member, no problem, sign up thirty day free trial, cancel any time Thursday Night Football and it's on Prime Video. Restrictions apply. Seeamazon dot Com slash Amazon Prime for details.