Speaker 1: They Around the NFL Podcast would let Jamal Williams get his touchdown.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Welcome to another edition of The Round the NFL Podcast. I'm Greg Rosenthal. Citty in for for Dan hansis in.
Speaker 2: The host chair. I'll be back Thursday.
Speaker 3: But I'm surrounded by a room filled with some heroes, Mark Sessler and Patrick Clayband.
Speaker 4: We're here. Hey, guys, it's great to have you back. Patrick. I don't know when when the last visit was scenario.
Speaker 2: It wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 5: It was in the playoffs, it wasn't that long. But it also it's anytime I'm not with you, guys, is you feel that? Yeah, So there's a hole that has been filled.
Speaker 3: Right, It's it's like Connor orr or I maybe it was Dan's old saying at the combine, which, uh, if you can tell by the sound quality here and by the fact I said, we're in the Chris Westling podcast studio, we are not in Indianapolis breaking news. But he used to say back in the day, it's not about the meat. When we would go to Saint Elmos, the famous steakhouse, it's about the meat. Oh, that is a danism, And I would say the same, you know, with hanging out with you. The meat in this case would be the Alpu store up in the huddle we had before. Whatever that was we had, it was, it was good, it was tasty.
Speaker 6: And I mean, I think we did such a good job not going to the combine a year ago. Is that the company, the people high upstairs said let's not send them again because they they seem to thrive by not going to the location.
Speaker 3: Right If people still listen to the shows anyways, what do they really know? It's fine, Although I gotta say, if you're listening Shadowy League figures out there, I'm officially putting in our request that we want to go back. I think we do for twenty twenty five if we are still gamefully employed at this company, which is you know, never a guarantee. I want to I want to push to go back. I think it's fine. It was nice on some levels. It's easier to be here, but I want to go back, and.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I think we should bring Patrick with us as well, like to make it a full group experience.
Speaker 5: I too would also like to be employed by this spe tack of the organization In twenty twenty five and I would like to join you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, it'll be fun.
Speaker 4: It is a great company.
Speaker 3: It has been fun going there, but the years off we're fine. And you know what, it was actually almost on some level, it's easier to watch all these combine pressers now. Back in our tap our days as reporters, as real you know, dog goed reporters, we would split up all the different podium sessions between the gms and the coaches. You know, eighty ninety percent of them have a fifteen minute session on a podium. We would split it up. We would even have a draft when Kevin Patra and counter Or were involved, and we would split it all up.
Speaker 4: But well then we're talking how the sausage gets made.
Speaker 3: This time, we just sort of watched on Twitter, watched on NFL Network, and we got a lot of good sounds. So we're going to play a game to start this show. We've got Eric back behind the glass. Randy is back there as well, and they've been putting together sound clips all day of what's been coming out of these Combine pressors. So even before we get to a little bit of news, this felt like the news. This felt medior. We're going to play a little game of do we believe it? I like the meteor callback, Yes, do do we believe what these men are saying? And in this case it is it is all men at these podiums. We don't have a woman head coach or a woman GM. It's do we believe what these men are saying? Maybe that's the name of the segment. We haven't discussed that beforehand. What do you think?
Speaker 6: I think it's it is, you know, appropriate on multiple levels. Yes, I tend to believe nothing, so I want to see if someone can convince me.
Speaker 4: Otherwise, what about if you believe?
Speaker 3: Okay, if you believe, Yeah, if you believe, if you believe, Eric break the tie.
Speaker 2: I like, do you believe? Do you believe these men like hav I think when you originally pitched these.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty four, the answer would be no.
Speaker 2: To you believe them? That was the original pitch.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's start with with QUESTI questiado famnsa. Who's in the spotlight right now? Because of a lot of these justin Jefferson talks, I'm getting texts from people getting You're getting these like aggregator who's covering another aggregator? Who's covering someone who heard whispers that Justin Jefferson may be traded, And it's been kind of the story of the last couple of weeks, and it's been annoying me because no one's actually really reported anything. Quessei had some first person comments on the topic today.
Speaker 7: We got unbelievably close. We've said it, and we'll continue to say it. We think he's the best bide receiver in the league and should be compensated as such. We think he's one of the best non quarterbacks in league. I think he should be compensated as such. And so we'll continue to have those dialogues. In those conversations, I've promised them and I will continue to promise them that I will not talk about our negotiations. I think this job should be done with integrity. So this A lot of the stuff that I hear is completely false. But I can't get up here and tell you what's not true or not false, because that's not That's not how I promised to do this job.
Speaker 3: So he was talking about contract negotiations that he had had with Jefferson.
Speaker 2: How close is it?
Speaker 6: I tend to despite my comments that I like theoretically believe no one on these in these places.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 6: I do believe them because I think part of it is they went through a process last offseason where they'd cut salary, they cut some veterans. They're in a bit of a rebuild. But why on earth would you How do you sell to your fans? Part of this is, you know the prs of it. How do you sell to anyone, including whoever is going to be your quarterback, the rest of your offense, the rest of your locker room. We're gonna find a way to trade the most exciting young wide receiver in the league, and then what's the pathway forward? So I think, yes, they're going to keep them. They want to make it happen. That's my that's my thought on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, just taking it all into context, just watching the clip, I believe him. I'm at eighty five percent belief. But then, like the sourcing on this trade rumor doesn't make any sense, Like Greg said, it's this game of telephone that doesn't have a beginning call, and why would they trade justin Jefferson like, the whole point of this entire process that we're in Indianapolis to do is to evaluate talent, acquire that talent, and hopefully have them on your football team. What's the point of getting a known commodity that you know, as Quesse said, is one of the best players in the game if you're going to trade for what?
Speaker 6: Right they got them by trading stuff on Diggs And it was like, you're not going to just keep merry go rounding this right?
Speaker 3: I forget now who it was, And I apologize on Twitter who was saying like, yeah, like, who knows, they could maybe even not keep Cousins. They could end up using some of these draft picks to get a young quarterback. You take one at eleven, and then eventually you use all these resources to go find a number one receiver to find like to support this young quarterback. So I did think this was newsworthy. It was noteworthy. I believe them because of the clarity and aggression in which he said that the rumors were false, and also that they got so close that was new. We never heard that that he said we were extremely close to getting a contract done previously. I think he's talking about, you know, during last season or before last season. So the fact that he's saying that now or the last times they talk. I feel very confident. I believe you, Quessei. Let's see if we believe Kevin O'Connell, the Vikings coach, who's going to talk about Kirk Cousins and his feature.
Speaker 4: With the team.
Speaker 8: The thing about free agencies itself is this is not Kirk's first time in free agency. Kirk Cousins knows how I feel about him. I've held no secrets there. He knows how the Minnesota Vikings feel about him. I believe Kirk wants to be a Viking, and we're gonna work to try to make that the outcome.
Speaker 5: I believe Kevin o'comm because because again, if it's a Vikings thing, it just makes sense, right. Kirk's ultimately going to make a financial decision for him and his family. The Vikings are going to try to be a part of that. They don't necessarily know the outcomes, but I don't think there's a reason not to try, right, And I did like the timing from Kirk. He was throwing a football and like doing a kind of like forty percent drop.
Speaker 4: Back on a tennis court. On a tennis court, that's for me. How do you feel about that? Greg? Would you want Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe that.
Speaker 3: I could be wrong, but I believe Kirk is in the former Tennis Oh Yeah Star Club along with Matthew Stafford and Breeze, which does support that Tennis is an extremely athletic Unfortunately apparently, you know, we're losing our best athletes to the NFL.
Speaker 6: But it's also a proving page actor, like we've seen him, you know, from a musical angle. The Vikings, maybe they're just a believable, uh perhaps trans parent organization. But I think Kevin o'conne also came out and said, wait a minute, this is one of the huge reasons I wanted to come here. And it's like, if you're a coach who is an offensive minded coach and your quarterback is at the center of that, like you go move on from Kirk Cousins to what and suddenly you can be in a total abyss if you And he pointed out how much he'd thought that Cousins was playing like a top quarterback before I got injured last year too, So I think they would they're open to bringing him back and we'll just see what happened, right.
Speaker 3: I believe that Kirk, all things being equal, like for some reason, the Vikings would match any deal out there. I believe Kevin O'Connell that Kirk Cousins would rather just stay in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't he? You could see it on the Quarterback Show.
Speaker 9: You can.
Speaker 2: It's just logical.
Speaker 4: You've got kids in school, a.
Speaker 3: Great you have a great system. If they're not equal, and another team wants to blow the Vikings out of the water, and the Vikings aren't prepared to pay fifty million dollars a year, one hundred million dollars guaranteed, and there is a team out there that might want to do that, whether that's Atlanta or someone else, then it's a totally different conversation and he could lose.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 3: I'm not as confident that Minnesota and Questi will meet that sort of price. But I also have no idea if anyone's even gonna make that sort of price. Because he's he's still thirty six coming off of torn achilles.
Speaker 2: I think that can't be ignored.
Speaker 5: And that's why Quesi's answer is believable, and the outcome of that is believable, because yeah, because this answer, while I believe Kevin O'Connell, it's not as certain that I'm thinking in three years Kirk Cousins is going to be in Minnesota forreas. I feel pretty confident in three years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or even three months. We saw Kirk Cousins. I saw him on the Insider Show. He did add some like gold grill to his teeth, and Justin Jefferson appreciated that's look cleer out. They're all getting along their buddies. It's not as Kumbai. I wouldn't say in Chicago. I thought Ryan Poles, their GM, had some telling comments when he spoke about Justin Fields on Tuesday.
Speaker 10: I will say this. I think you guys know me well enough now I do if we go down that road, I want to do right by just as well. No one wants to live in Bray. I know that's uncomfortable. I wouldn't want to be in that situation either. So we'll gather the information, will move as quickly as possible. We're not gona be in a rush, and see what presents itself and what's best for the organizations.
Speaker 6: I mean when I hear we want to do right by Justin Fields in the context of like if we move him, it matters to us that he doesn't get dropped off a cliff into the worst situation somewhere else. I mean, we'll talk to Nate Tys later about some quarterbacks. I would say one thing like I, as the weeks have gone on, I put it like zero percent that they're keeping Justin Fields.
Speaker 4: I just put it at about zero percent.
Speaker 3: I yeah, I've I had been on I've been on that corner that I just I just didn't. I just didn't see it for many reasons, the biggest ones being that there's two, two or three great quarterback prospects in this in this class, and I just think they're a little uncertain about Fields, and that it's just logical. And the fact that he repeated those words you said or that you heard multiple times, almost like he had it a little ready, that he if they do it, they want to do right by Justin. They don't want to live in the gray. And he went on polls to like multiple other interviews, he wasn't afraid to talk about this, and if Justin Fields was their quarterback, they would know by now if they're planning to take a quarterback first. Overall, they know by now that it's not like they're waiting to decide, so they know what they're going to do. You do not say that about your franchise quarterback publicly if you are going to keep them. Period, They know their tradium. And one thing we didn't hear was he even put a timeline on it that like ideally in the next couple of weeks, basically that sooner than later. It makes more sense if it happens before or right at the beginning of free agency.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that's one thing that makes sense for the Bears, and it makes sense for Justin. And I think what Poles is doing there is acknowledging that this is a difficult situation for Justin who didn't do anything to anybody, right, he did not even run a foul of anybody. Now, now the Bears field that they can have a better chance to get a better quarterback are coming up in the draft, and he's acknowledging the circumstance while and who knows, Like, does these conversations really change the trade price?
Speaker 2: Like, no, they don't.
Speaker 5: So Like I don't understand why we have to like beat koy about it because the price is going to be the price. But I'll ding him for the coyness. But I do believe that he's not angry at Justin. He doesn't want to put Justin in a negative circumstance. And when it comes to making the trade, it's ultimately gonna benefit Justin because some team obviously wants him, and the Bears they don't.
Speaker 3: And I don't think it's even that. I don't think it's Koi. I think that's the NFL version of not Koi. And yet, like when people are like, well, he's got to play his cards close to the vest to like, you know, keep his leverage of what it's like, either Justin Fields is available or he's not. The team's trading for him. They're gonna know if he's available or not. You need to know that before he.
Speaker 2: Trade for him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Pole said he wanted to know himself, like by tomorrow, like they want to come learn about these other quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Right, he made your decision, right.
Speaker 2: So that's gonna be one of the most fascinating stories over the next couple of weeks. Could the Giants be one of the teams that would be an interested hip. That'd be a little wild, but who knows.
Speaker 3: Let's listen to Joe Shane talk about Daniel Jones's future with the team.
Speaker 2: Joe Shane is the GM of the Giants. I have faith in Daniel. I have faith in Daniels are starting quarterback.
Speaker 8: Mm.
Speaker 3: He was answering questions there about Jones's future, not exactly answering the question, but just saying that he has faith in Daniel and he's a little, you know, a little sharp there.
Speaker 6: I can't think of a team that should have a more active wandering eye at this position than the Giants. I think they mismanaged this exact process with Jones in Saquan a year ago about as poorly as you could and you're kind of back in the same situation. Jones has a very big price tag, which I think is a problem. But like they, to me feel like a legit candidate to off to another quarterback to compete with Daniel Jones immediately money aside.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't believe Joe Shane in this in this one that he has faith in Daniel Jones as his starting court did it sound like it. I think he's going to bring another option in. The timing is tricky because like he I think he even said he's bringing a veteran in. He said he told Daniel Jones that and that makes sense. Tyrod's a free agent. Daniel Jones isn't going to be able to be healthy for a while. So even if you're drafting a rookie number six overall or even trading up, you're gonna want a Tyrod type or a veteran to bring in. So it'll be interesting to see what type they bring in along with what I believe is going to be a rookie.
Speaker 2: I don't believe him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I believe, I guess in the spirit because he chose his words very carefully, like Daniel Jones is there starting quarterback as for the plans.
Speaker 2: But he said he has faith in it. Yes, I don't believe he has faith.
Speaker 6: Let's get a few beers in Joe Shane and see what he says.
Speaker 5: But it seems like the obvious scenario we're evaluating in New Jersey is that there's not a lot of reason to have fit if that faith in Daniel Jones' longtime prospects as the Giants starting quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: It's crazy that they gave him that contract which guarantees him forty million this year, else he wouldn't be on the team.
Speaker 5: But hey, at least they didn't pay the running back, right, because that's the worst case scenario, right.
Speaker 3: One little nugget there was he opened up the possibility of using the franchise tag on Saquon Joe. Shane did kind of pushing back against an Adam Schefter report from Monday that the Giants weren't planning to use the tag on him. He also, by the way, mentioned the Cowboys aren't planning to use it on Pollard, the Writers aren't planning to use it on Jacobs, the Chargers aren't planning to use on Eckler. None of those are surprises at all. But Shane throwing it out there publicly that actually the cap went up thirty million and that might have changed their math, that maybe we would use the tag on Saquon Worth, noting this was the first time and if we were their date Mark I would have tried the draft. Dave Canalis the Panthers, you'd want to cover that press, I would want to cover. I think he'd be a high draft sure where like where do you see that?
Speaker 6: I think the draft process, we'd you know, we'd sit there, like we'd go out and have dinner and we'd literally the four or five reporters would like go from top to bottom.
Speaker 4: And I think the.
Speaker 6: Process was like, don't get stuck with the GM or coach. You don't want to cover. And I like new faces, so he would have been high on my lege.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always want to see the new face. And Canais came out firing at his first presser.
Speaker 11: How's it going, how's everybody doing great?
Speaker 2: Had a nice workout earlier right in Rock Okay.
Speaker 3: His just the intensity and the tight fitting likra on him. It was a lot and it's I like it, and uh, I want to hear more from Dave Canalis about uh his thoughts on his quarterback UH.
Speaker 11: No plan to fix price Young. I think for me, it's it's about building an offense that we can be proud of, something that something that is tough, something that is smart, that that takes care.
Speaker 4: Of the football.
Speaker 11: Number one, we had to create more explosives and then and then of course we have to minimize damage with exotic pressures and things like that. So I think just elevating the whole group and and really asking Bryce to just do his part.
Speaker 2: Vibe I is like, what are you picking up here? From Canalis?
Speaker 5: I'm picking up that the workout wasn't that intense that he had. That's a lot of energew so I don't know that it was. Maybe maybe the volume was there, the intensity wasn't necessarily there.
Speaker 3: It seems like he would be like a good instructor of like aerobics.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think, sir, just maybe a strength trainer.
Speaker 6: I say that I'd have to caution myself to that type of persona sometimes where it's like, hey, I'm great, I worked out this morning and had a healthy breakfast. It's like that kind of person can rub me the wrong way at a certain hour of the morning.
Speaker 2: He did a library guys right after that.
Speaker 12: He said it was like a CrossFit kind of thing and then ended with a steep incline walk.
Speaker 2: Okay, but he framed it us very sweaty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did like some circuit trade. Yeah, I feel pretty commons a fit dude. He's a fit guy, and I think that he is a good fit for Carolina. I do think that all of those problems from twenty twenty three were not Bryce related. It took a team effort to be that bad. So I do believe him. I do believe him that the plan is to come in and fix Bryce. The plan is to have a functional offense that is NFL level incompetent and then we can evaluate Bryce. But I don't know that you could really evaluate anybody on that offense.
Speaker 6: I think also from his own belief that he can improve all this Gino Smith, Baker Mayfield like comeback player of the Year and a comeback Player of the Year candidate in my book, two guys whose careers were lost, and so why come in and say we need to fix Bryce, Like you don't label him that way. You kind of lift all the blame off of the quarterback and start fresh.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think CJ.
Speaker 3: Stroud was quoted during Super Bowl Week, you know, him having a conversation with Bryce youang of just like never forget who you are, why you were the one, the one not me, and like kind of saying, like everything that happened, like you're still that dude. And that's gonna be a big part of Canalis, the mental side of it. I think Mike Daniel did a good job with Tua. For instance, two had played a couple of years before. It's just Bryce young and yeah, I think of Alex Smith, who had the worst rookie season I've seen from a first round pick, certainly a first overall pick, and the very next year got a good coordinator Norv Turner, and played one thousand percent better and went from the worst quarterback in the league to like a league average quarterback, which is pretty good for a second year.
Speaker 2: They probably are aiming higher with Bryce.
Speaker 3: But I can see the parallels and what you said about just making the offense better. One person who is not going to make it the offense better in Denver. I think it is Russell Wilson. We're going to go out of Indianapolis and we're gonna go into what is either the home of Russell Wilson or Brandon Marshall.
Speaker 2: I'm not really sure, or I.
Speaker 6: Think it was Russell Wilson. Okay, there's soon to be sold Denver home. There's comically large books, right.
Speaker 3: I assume this was not Brandon Marshall's podcast studio, because I would be like, let's talk to them.
Speaker 2: No, this is because they had some cast. This is Russell Wilson's house. Okay.
Speaker 12: I think Brandon Marshall makes a couple of comments like you see Sierra or Sierra walking around and you're like, oh, there, go see so it's it's at Russell Wilson's house.
Speaker 3: I gotta say I would be a better podcast host if I had listened to all of this podcast, because I actually want to, because when I heard eighty minutes of this, I thought that, actually it's a good use of.
Speaker 2: One point five speed. I don't know if you're into that with podcasts.
Speaker 3: I approve it now in certain circumstances, not like comedy, not if you really love the guest or something, but if you just for information purpose, this would be a good one one point five. But I want to listen to it because I have a feeling it's going to be fun. But I've listened to about seven or eight different sections of it, and some of them were like two or three minutes long. So I've listened to a lot of it, including this first one on Russell Wilson talking about winning is a habit.
Speaker 13: I think in a twelve year period, there hasn't been much that I haven't gone through. I've been through all the winning, been through some of the losing, not all of it. Some of them don't get used to it right right, because so many people get used to losing right right. Winning is a habit but losing is too, and that's not a habit I'm taking in.
Speaker 14: That's not a habit I believe in.
Speaker 2: Does not believe it. The haircuts different. I feel like it means business.
Speaker 3: He's now freshly shorn, wearing it tight like like a Patrick clay Bond. Russell Wilson also tried to leave open the possibility that he could stay in Denver.
Speaker 13: I got more fire than ever, honestly, especially over the past two years of what I've gone through. Whether it's in Denver or somewhere else. I hope it's in Denver, you know. I hope I get to finish there. I committed there. I wanted to be there. You know I want to be there.
Speaker 4: Hold On, you can go back to Denver, bro go back there. You can play with Coach Payton again. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was Russell Wilson and Brandon Marshall on the I Am Athlete podcast.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think you can just have to look at the Russell Wilson experience in a different way than someone else answering that question, like he's admitting no defeat. I wilso for He's an easy target and I find him grading to listen to. If he goes on and on about his sports psychology stuff. But the one honest comments I thought he said during the season was that how hard last year was for him and how hard this season was just to be a different to be seen so differently. I can't think of another quarterback that went from star power to off like completely. We look at them as like a failure at this point, and to go through that personally probably would try you. But like, I don't think in his world of worlds, he's getting paid. He's gonna get paid a ton of guaranteed money. Was why would you want to go back into this culture and this experience which coach Sean Payton, who openly doesn't want.
Speaker 3: You to beat no body language and tone did a lot of work there because when Brandon Rushall was like really and he was, and then Russell the question by Brandon mark yeah, and Russell Wilson gives him kind of like a yeah, he'd sort of like give him a like well maybe you know, you know, not.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, It's it's not something that he's going to personally enjoy, Like I don't think russ And is going to be chilling at Sean Payton's house and they're going to be sharing memories about their their times together. But I do think Russ would like a chance to be a starting quarterback somewhere. And if that's Denver, he'll he'll take. He'll take that, chick, that's your only chance. Yeah, if that's if that's the only one. But yeah, it's grading and it gives weird podcast grifter But like I wonder, like because so many of those people, like we have a nation of people that got grifted. People bought all those power Energy band bracelets and and like list listen to hours of Tony Robbins Power Energy. Yeah, there was there was this company that they they put Hologram.
Speaker 3: Actually, my son Walker it has does wear this one that they said is good for like your stomach, uh if you get carsick, which I I think it has as much effectiveness, but it tricks him into thinking it works.
Speaker 5: But yeah, like it's weird that people fall for all that stuff. But for some reason, like Russell Wilson can't necessarily get away with it.
Speaker 4: But I think it's all the same.
Speaker 2: Mmm. But it's a point.
Speaker 4: It's just.
Speaker 5: He is tiring, but he's a better quarterback than facing Rudolph you know, Well, sure, and like the price tag clearly is the difference, but it just it feels weird if he's if he's priced out.
Speaker 3: I do worry about him, though, because he's just this relentless positivity, positivity. He's gonna believe that his belief will take him to the next level because it has. He's achieved more than anyone would have ever imagined a third round pick who is a Super Bowl champion, one of the seven or eight best quarterbacks of the last like ten Yarnine Pro Bowl, right, Like, he's achieved.
Speaker 2: It all, and yet I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's coming He's a not This isn't This doesn't happen to every quarterback, but for him, I don't give much chance of it coming back. It's not coming back. And I don't think even the starting job is coming back. And so for him to adjust to what that's gonna be, like, I think it's gonna be difficult, and I thought it was gonna be difficult sometimes for guys and they end up doing it really well. I think Cam Newton transitioned into that second Patriots phase of his career pretty damn.
Speaker 2: Well and it worked for him.
Speaker 3: So maybe Russell Wilson will end up doing that even if he's not playing that well, like where he's a good teammate and like he fits in and it's fine. But to me, it's gonna be hard for him to adjust to a point where he's like backing up Drake may or something like.
Speaker 6: And when the Steelers tell us, and I don't know if I believe them at this point either that they they're not chasing another quarterback. I'm struggling to find the team out there that inside their building convinced themselves Russell Wilson can be our starting quarterback and this is gonna work well.
Speaker 2: Right, So he's probably gonna get cut.
Speaker 3: He sent a video of him working out today with Brandon Marshall.
Speaker 2: They're working out together two.
Speaker 3: You know, love Nipsey Hustle, but I feel like we got to move on from the like grinding on my grinding all my life song is the song for every workout video for pro athletes. At some point we need to move past that. We're not moving past Sean Payton, though, who had kind of amazing comments. You know, he's getting annoyed by Russell Wilson continuing to talk about the contractual nefarious stuff that Russell Wilson was asked to do by the Broncos. And you know, it's annoying the Broncos that Russe Wilson keeps bringing this up. I think that might be why Sean Payton kept talking about it on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: I saw this like humorous meme the other day where there's a Bronco fan with a shirt on and there was like eight quarterbacks names with a cross through it, you know, and he's drinking the quarterback kool aid. And you know, our job is to make sure that this next one, you know, doesn't have a line through it.
Speaker 3: M I do believe him, Yes, I believe him the next one. The fact that he says the next one. He also put a timeline on Wilson.
Speaker 1: So I would I would anticipate it being, uh, you know, within the next two weeks.
Speaker 2: You don't think this is going to go to the Eve of.
Speaker 14: Mar I think I just said the next two weeks. Yeah, next two weeks.
Speaker 2: I love a little fiery John Payton. He I a fun value add to have back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to remember how he was at the very start of his career. But he has zero He openly has zero patients for half of these conversations at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's he's clear, he lets us know. And and that's the thing.
Speaker 5: It's easy to believe Sean Payton because you know he's gonna say whatever comes to mind, and he said it there.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go hard.
Speaker 3: He's got the Paris you know, Saint Germain, the cool hoodie on, and he's got the Jordan's and he's living like I don't you know, he's doing fine. Let's uh, we're gonna listen to a few more people if we believe him or not. And uh, before we do that, though, we're gonna take a little break. We are back, and so are the stars of tomorrow taking the field in Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: We have a front row seat waiting for you.
Speaker 3: Watch live as our analysts are joined by current players to break down the top quarterbacks, wide receivers, and running backs as they compete at the twenty twenty four NFL Scouting Combine. Don't Miss Players Only Combine presented by Noble with coverage starting Saturday at two pm Eastern only on NFL plus The Boy The Boys Into It. The Boy wants to watch some combine action walker walk.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a competist, he's been in it.
Speaker 3: He was all excited because they were showing old NFL combines apparently on like the NFL channel, and he was confused, thought that was live.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, don't watch this, let's wait.
Speaker 6: I also saw he was watching in those Top ten shows with an old clip.
Speaker 3: Wes he is he is a true junkie, and so he was using his TV time to watch old Top ten in Season Trades I believe was the episode and Wes was spout and wisdom about the Bobby Lane trade from Detroit, which is the most West thing ever, and talking about this curse and uh, it's a beautiful it truly is a beautiful thing. Like walking room and see your son and he's watching this thing and Wes is on it. So Wes lives on and that like he was so strong in those episodes if if you ever have a hanker, and you should go check check those.
Speaker 2: Was made for the for that And I was on that episode too, and you.
Speaker 4: Were also made for that content.
Speaker 5: You know you were, because like when I see those number interstitials on the Montens and there's like a ball bursting through an aquarium with the number six on it, and then Greg false face comes up like.
Speaker 3: That, or it's like, wait, why are there like like five buck some cheerleaders and then number seven, it's like wait, why are they there? Exactly, but that's like the whole show is just like the cheerleader you know in the interstitials.
Speaker 6: Does your does Walker think that every dad is just hanging out on telegon?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I asked him that he thinks it's cool. But but no, I was bad back. We all get better at our jobs. You were saying you had regrets. I believe about an interview you just did yesterday. I often to have regrets about performances on this show. And I can say, without a doubt, if if I could do those top tens again, I would be better at him now than I was seven or eight years Well, I would.
Speaker 6: Say one thing behind the glass, like they often are filmed at the combine and like it's like go out till three in the morning and illness at seven in the morning.
Speaker 3: That was a little bit of it. But yeah, Emica came over and she supported my claib. She's like, yeah, you're just so chill. Why are you just and I'm just like being very like chill and laid back, which is not the way to do that. You gotta be more like Da Damn Damon, Ammon, Doloria or whatever. You gotta come hot. You got to come decisive. He doesn't not that I would do that. I'm just saying, trust me, we all get better, not things that we do.
Speaker 2: I would be better. We would all be better.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't make I didn't make my Combine appearance. I mean I could do better as well.
Speaker 3: Mark is a striking television presence from you know, he came from the the desk guy at NFL Networks in twenty You were a different man back then, a bit.
Speaker 6: Of an end around the television executives here. Not sure how how that all came together. A. J.
Speaker 3: Brown was on w I P last week, and we're going to include him in this do you Believe section because it was talked about in Philly and and certainly by Howie Roseman at his Combine presser, and A. J. Brown was talking about the rumors of whether he would want to stay in Philly or not.
Speaker 15: I have no problem. I want to be here that I love where I'm at.
Speaker 3: And he also hit on uh, the talk that there could be friction with him in his quarterback.
Speaker 15: You know, I think that's total bs. You know, I'm not gonna get into me and his relationship on the air, but it's total bs. You know what I'm saying. Uh, it wasn't. It wasn't a problem when I was on my game Game Street, it wasn't. It wasn't talking about that then. So they only started talking about that when we started losing. So of course, yeah, you see freaking. You see freaking from everybody, from front of the coach, just the player, from everybody. So yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 6: The one the one interesting like dynamic to this was that this was on you know, w I P and Philly, Like he was sitting around listening to everyone going off on the radio and called in.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a schedule, he called it on his own.
Speaker 3: Two That makes me believe. That makes me believe if you're going to call in to w I.
Speaker 6: P out of nowhere, right, So I'm willing to think that it was a very frustrating meltdown and like, that's a tough town to have a melt down in. And I think it's like, look, at it worked really well the year before. There's still a lot of talented players on that team, and it's like, I think AJ Brown's probably found some peace overall. It happened, and it's like calling in to say, chill out, it's gonna be fine from my side of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and not to just make it everything about just how bad the offense was and how disjointed it seemed. But Jalen was hurt at the end of the season and so was AJ. Like they were limping across the finish line. So you add all of that together, like, yeah, there's frustrations, like we saw Travis Kelcey go at Andy Reid in the actual Super Bowl, right, But as AJ pointed out, they won, so everything's good. Like we don't have these outside expectations on their relationship because they won, So then we're just to assume that everything's fine and they hug and everything's great. But it's just like such a binary thing and I'm glad, Like I'm glad that Aj because people might say, like, oh, he's clearly paying too much attention, but like people are talking about like, yeah, you would like to be able to pick up the phone and call and say Hey, this is dumb.
Speaker 4: This this has nothing to do anything. So yes, I.
Speaker 3: Believe, I appreciate that, and I hope, I hope they keep aj Brown and Devout Dey Smith together for another year.
Speaker 2: I think they will. I think they know what they have.
Speaker 3: It might get a little tricky once Davanta's up for new He could get a new contract this offseason, but they might not address it yet, Like at some point they might break those two up. We'll see. I thought it was interesting Howie Roseman also all but confirmed James Bradbery. He did confirm James Bradbury's going to be back with the team. I think that's more of a contract thing that he has so many, so much guaranteed money in his contract.
Speaker 2: But like, if the Eagles had the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Defense, they would have been like in the conference championship like and then no one would have been talking about the offense. The offense was okay for most of the year. Let's move on to back to Indianapolis. Let's talk to Elliott Wolf. The fact that Elliott Wolf even had a ponium was news. The fact that Elliott Wolf confirmed that he has final say on the Patriots roster like this has been a slow build.
Speaker 2: It's kind of been the expectation. But Elliott Wolf.
Speaker 3: Is that dude running the Patriots now, and they're right in the thick of this quarterback talk because they're number three overall. Some people think they could take one. Some people think they could trade down. What does Elliot Wolf think.
Speaker 9: I think it's a really good year for quarterbacks. It's a really good year at a lot of positions. Like any position, we're gonna we're gonna evaluate their strengths and weaknesses determine who fits for us. We're pretty early in the process here, like I haven't met any these guys. Drodd hasn't met any these guys. So you know, as we continue through the process here, we'll determine what's best for the team. And you know, one thing about the quarterbacks in this dress specifically that I'm excited about is they all look like they're really tough guys, which you know is obviously great at any position, but the quarterback position, especially.
Speaker 3: Elliot Wolf's dad, Ron the famous He's starting to look like Ron Wolf right GM of the Packers. Back in the day Fame had a philosophy to drafted quarterback every single year ever since I heard that. That's been what I then say in articles, and then a podcast was like that, well, that's a good move. This drafted quarterback every year. It was kind of the Patriots move for a while too. Behind Brady and Ron, Wolf would keep hitting on these late round picks that would develop into backups that would be trade picks or be good people behind Brett. So I think Elliott's going to do that. Whether he does that with the number three pick or not, I don't know. He also had some interesting comments. I think it was in a side session because Eric was was grinding tape. He watched it three times over we couldn't find anywhere on Twitter. He he made this comment that he he didn't want the culture there to be as what was it, and he.
Speaker 6: Said, certainly right, certainly there's more of an open, less of a hard ass type hard ass vibe in the building now post Belichick.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I figured if he said that on a camera in front of a mic, it would have been too hard to find the video of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, so but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh that one probably get back to Belichick and Wolf shouldn't regret that he said it because he's just being honest, but.
Speaker 6: As those ball boys help the negative time probably regarding saying it, well, it'll become a little thing in Boston either.
Speaker 4: I mean, does it matter.
Speaker 5: Because the one thing I don't believe about what Elliott said there isn't there early in the process.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: They've probably done a whole lot of work on the process, and maybe there's a few conversations that they would like to have in person, but I think they're pretty far on.
Speaker 6: I mean, Elliott wolf has been around, like there are a lot of like John Schneider and other people that go way back in the old Green Bay days where Ron Wolf was there and Elliot Wolfe was like a kid. People knew him as a kid, like he's been in the NFL forever. So I find his comments to be a little not hedging, but like he's not going to tell us a thing about what they're doing at quarterback. I'd be stunned if they don't have a bigger planet quarterback than rerun go back with Mac Jones and Bailey Zappy.
Speaker 3: That they have to be flexible because with a three pick, you don't know what quarterback you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: Let's say they like Drake May.
Speaker 3: And as you mentioned and I failed to mention at the beginning of the show, we are getting Nate Tyson to wrap up this show to talk to some quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: You know, who knows.
Speaker 3: Maybe Caleb Williams doesn't get taken one and they love caller Williams and they want to trade to two and they have resources to get him. Or maybe Drake May falls to three and they would take him, but they wouldn't take Jaden Datis or vice versa. Maybe they're really in on Jayden Daniels but he ends up going to and then you have to be able to pivot. So there's a lot of things that they'll have to do before that, including getting I think someone in the building through free agency that's at least just there, regardless of what they're going to do in the draft. He also was very high on calling Michael Oneu a core piece in someone they want to build a round, which made me think a franchise tag could be coming for one U. Just the level of support he was putting behind him made me think either they're going to get that ill done or maybe they.
Speaker 6: Might when they're the third most caproom in the league. Right It's like I tend to think they'll be aggressive and.
Speaker 3: Right and when they weren't, as he wasn't as aggressive talking about Kyle Duggar, So I don't think a franchise tag would happen there. Let's wrap up a couple more in Indie. Raheem Morris is the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons, and he pointed to one reason why that that could be the case.
Speaker 16: I'm not afraid to say that we have the ability and we're capable of go out there and win next year if we do some of the right things, some of the right moves, we can do that. And that's not an arrogance, that's not that's not a cockiness. That is more of a credit to the people that were in the building with me still some of the people that are not there now and what they've been able to do. You know, if we had better quarterback play last year in Atlanta, I might not be standing here.
Speaker 5: Perhaps the most honest thing that was said, yeah and correctlying that was said in a podium today from Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: It's one hundred percent true.
Speaker 5: I think Desmon Ritter and Taylor Heneke would probably agree with that as well. I know author's would you know, maybe there's a few people that think it's Jamis's fault that Arthur got fired, but I think there was those are no more things that went into that. Yeah, the quarterback play was bad. It was especially bad in the red zone. They had so many opportunities, and you can think about them week after week after week, play after play where they didn't get it done there and go on the quarterback position and that's that's the way the game goes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like one reason for Falcons fans to immediately appreciate Raheem Morris the way that he's been talked about from people inside the Rams organization and parts beyond that. This we needed an energy shift around the Falcons offense and it's very clear right now that if Desmond Ridder is hanging around, he'll be a backup. They're going somewhere else, and that that was important.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, well, that can't be fun to listen to if you're Desmond Radder, but it makes a lot of sense. I'm excited about this Falcons coaching staff. It was interesting I think hearing Sean mcvaigh. He gave a press conference in LA because he's not going to the combine about the guys that went to Atlanta and really believing that they put together a great coaching staff, which is you know, diminished the RAMS coaching staff. Uh, but that that's how it works. Let's wrap up with Tom toe LESCo, who's still in the NFL. He's still in the AFC West. He did the rare thing where he lost one job and got another that that almost never happened to GMS, and it happened to Tom Telesco of all people. I don't I don't mind Tom to LESCo, but he's not like the guy that you would have expected that to happen. He is the guy that was asked about DeVante Adams possibly getting traded this offseason.
Speaker 14: Another GM asked.
Speaker 16: You this week about it whether don demon Vader bail Wisconsin.
Speaker 14: He's a raider.
Speaker 3: It's quick everyone, it is true. Everyone took that to mean like there is no chance DeVante Adams is getting traded that. I think that's probably true. I tend to also, and I actually don't totally, but I don't believe people should be having headlines that he said that we will not trade Davonte No, and we do.
Speaker 6: I think it's important that like Deavante Adams was a big proponent of Antonio Pierce being hired and liked that because I think we were heading towards like irritated DeVante Adams territory with each passing week last season and a lot to do with the coach that got fired, and I think he's in a better place. Quarterbacks still a big question though, Yeah, and.
Speaker 5: It's a question I think they'll need to answer, and that's something in the conversation they'll need to have with Davante. But ultimately it's up to Mark Davis and Tom Telesco to make the circumstances comfortable enough for Davante to be there.
Speaker 4: It's it's their choice.
Speaker 5: Because I asked, We did TA with Steve Smith Senior, and I asked him, if you're DeVante, do you want to be back in Las Vegas. Steve, like a lot of people, was like, well, it depends on depends on the financial circumstances. I mean, they can make it worth his while to be on a bad football team.
Speaker 2: What are they gonna do pay him more money?
Speaker 4: If that's if that's what it.
Speaker 5: If not that, then yeah, Davante would probably like to if he's gonna play football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: But if you like living there and they get a decent enough quarterback, Justin Fields does that feel.
Speaker 4: Does Justin Field want to be with Luke Getzy? Again, that's not one that would be that doesn't happen to us. No, why not? I mean, it just doesn't happen that Well, what's.
Speaker 2: To indicate that they wouldn't work together?
Speaker 4: Well, let's get Mac Jones and Matt Patricia.
Speaker 2: No, it's not quite the same.
Speaker 3: I guess you're you're saying, as a Justin Fields fan, if I could read between the lines here, you don't want him to be with Luke Getzy necessarily because you're not that confident in Getsy, because otherwise, like it's familiarity with the system.
Speaker 2: He just said, Okay, yes, yeah, and I believe Patrick. I believe you, Patrick, I believe you.
Speaker 3: But there's only so many uh spots where he could land, and I feel like that could be okay, And if I was a Raider fan, I would like that at this point, I feel like that would be a good and.
Speaker 4: There would be more hope with Justin I mean, considering the options.
Speaker 3: He just feels like that's what al Davis would have done at this point is go get Justice and Fields.
Speaker 6: That would be an enticing matchup and I think you can get over the OC's part of it, but the Falcons also linger out there as a.
Speaker 2: They loved other teams.
Speaker 3: Is failed, not failed, but second chance first round pick because Justin Fields occupies a weird space where like he was better than the average first round quarterback.
Speaker 2: Actually, if you think about it, like he's.
Speaker 3: He's better than average, he's just not a top five to ten quarterback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's weird.
Speaker 5: That the way that the draft doesn't feel like it impacts this as much as Cousins does.
Speaker 4: Mm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like Cousins is going to slot so much in the quarterback position because it feels like if Cousins is not there for Atlanta, then Fields becomes more viable and then the field like it may depend like Russell Wilson may have a job or may not depending on where Kirk Cousins goes, because it.
Speaker 4: That's the big chess piece out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we've we've now honked for a while. It's been it's been a little bit, but we've got more to come. And before we do any of that, we're going to take a quick break and then we're actually going to do the news. Then that's wild. We're shaking things up, Eric Innovative. After the break, we.
Speaker 2: Are back and uh, let's do some news.
Speaker 3: Uh here is uh I'm going to tell you what the news clip is before we even hear it, just to give you a little context. This was Peter King being prompted on NBC Sports Network on the birth of my daughter Ellis.
Speaker 17: Like Ellie as in short for Ellis, and everybody's gonna say Ellis Ellie is short for Ellis Burks Rosenthal is a sick Red Sox.
Speaker 14: Fan, unlike or just like.
Speaker 17: Somebody else on this panel who shall not be named. And my only question is, couldn't you think of a better Red Sox?
Speaker 14: You know, Carl william Els Burt's better than name of a girl Podge, I guess.
Speaker 3: And yeah, that was this show we were on way back in twenty eleven on NBC Sports Network and him roasting me for my daughter's name.
Speaker 5: Hey, congratulations to Greg because we might not have had Peter King if he.
Speaker 4: Was talking about.
Speaker 10: It.
Speaker 4: So celebrating Peter King's twenty six year career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was you know, I took it in good spirit. Just the fact that he brought it up. I always remember it's also the oldest thing on my phone. It's the oldest saved thing on my phone. And Peter King, of course, uh retired surprisingly out of nowhere this week wrote his last Football Morning in America column, So happy trails Peter King.
Speaker 2: No one quite like him in football media over the last No, Like I was.
Speaker 6: Thinking about like this one combine many years ago where you know, back then you did these long tables were you'd write and you'd be sitting down with people from other you know, publications and stations, and like Peter King came and sat down like a seat away from me, and like I was like, I'm not gonna bug him, but I was like, this is one of the few kind of football reporters slash football minds where I was like kind of starstruck, and like I it's like him growing up reading Sports Illustrated, growing up reading these guys like doctor Z Paul Zimmerman and Peter King are like the two dudes that I would just say had these lengthy, incredible careers that where they changed football so much. And Peter King, I think the thing the one thing I heard about him consistently and over and over, and you knew when you were young. Greg in the business was that I guess like his most recent going away like a going away type dinner. It was a mix of like ten old school veteran journalists that he'd worked with for ages, but then like ten people that were very new to the industry that he just wanted to be part of that as well. It seemed to always nurture care about young journalists, gave a he really showed incredible faith in some of them that aren't journalists anymore.
Speaker 4: It wasn't lifers that he knew would be.
Speaker 6: And I think Peter King is just a very special part of this industry and it's like there is no replacing him.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, he kind of bridges the gap of all these generations. And he was like the guy, which it's pretty you know, in an industry as big as you know, football writing, and there were other guys over the years, but for a long time, like he kind of was the guy, Like when John Harbaugh, I believe spoke about it a couple people this week of like you know, they're gonna miss they they grew up. Eric Tacosta grew up reading Peter King and have those memories of those conversations and he I think the thing he did better than anyone else is he got good. He got players to talk in a way, he got them comfortable to explain the game or explain stories behind the game in a way that was really unique. And he did that with Sports Illustrated and then he did that on the web with with MMQB and then you know to TV when he was on Football Night in America and everything. He had a great inside the helmet where he goes through different positions and gets really and I feel like it's probably out of print. I don't even know, but if you could find it, that was a really great inside look where he spends a lot of time with some of the best players in the NFL.
Speaker 2: And it's back back in the nineties.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 5: And I really think because like watching you guys go around and interact with people, and I do want to celebrate Peter King, but y'all deserve flowers too. And I'm gonna be honest, like, because you talked about spanning and connecting these legacies, like you guys connect those legacies as well. And the one thing that I was thinking about because Peter came on Total Access. The day he retired was we ran out of time because you know, Peter writes a ten thousand word column every single week for thirty years, so you know, sometimes it can run a little long.
Speaker 4: But hopefully the industry.
Speaker 5: Facilitates growth, right for the next generation of people, Yeah, they can come through and hopefully get that access and be around and to do these interviews and to have these relationships, because sometimes it feels like they won't. But I think in the people that I'm sitting with at this table, and you know, the dude who's not here, and of course the nold one's who's not with us anymore, that legacy is it exists. And I just I don't know why I put on me to say this, but I think.
Speaker 6: Well, patricklike that kind of made my week. I don't know how sometimes you just kind of forget.
Speaker 3: What you even do during that is that is really right back at you appreciated. And it's one of the reasons why I miss going to the combine because that's a week for that. For you you do realize, like how long you've been doing this. You see the new people coming up. It is a time to have those sort of meetings, dinners, advice, all that sort of stuff. And yeah, Peter was very helpful to me that that Friday show we did. He actually we had a segment my old producer, Matt Casey reminded me where Peter essentially played the fantasy football buffoon, like how am I messing up in fantasy football? And I was the fantasy quote unquote expert, and that was my role on the show, was like the Michael Fabiano of that show. And I would come on and we would talk fantasy. We would talk like reality and fantasy. Peter would sort of talk about his takes and how that would apply to fantasy, and I would.
Speaker 2: Kind of come at him.
Speaker 3: I was like, actually no, And we had fun doing that, and he would he was very nice. He would give me and Matt a ride back to the city and in his car that made a big difference with a newborn getting back an hour earlier instead of having to take the train. And had great conversations and he was just a great dude. And yeah, that book I mentioned deep interviews and sort of like what it's like to play these positions and stuff with Boomerasis and Barry Sanders Bruce Smith, Jimmy Johnson. It's a really cool, well written book shows I think what he does well. So happy trails to Peter King. We're gonna fly through some news that I just thought was worth noting, So jump in whenever you want to hear.
Speaker 2: First, let's suck a little just rule stuff.
Speaker 3: The end zone touchdown rule where the ball is fumbled into the end zone and then the other team gets it on the twenty. That's not gonna change. It's over that. That is not going to change. Despite some people thinking is gonna change.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna change.
Speaker 6: I find it annoying because of the NFL seems to do a good job in the off season of sussing out rules that seem to kind of generate a lot of like why does this rule still exist? And like this is one where you could I think temper like the cause and effect of that kind of a fumble and it would make sense to everyone, and we're not doing it.
Speaker 2: I think move it. I think keep the ball, but you move it back to the twenty.
Speaker 4: I just something like that.
Speaker 5: I maintained the sideline should be the sideline all the way down there. If somebody fumbles out on the back of the en zone. That's different. Somebody fumbles the en zone and the other team recovers it clearly, But I just don't understand that the sideline outside of the end zone being different.
Speaker 3: But you know, there's new competition committee members Sean McDermott, Sean McVay. Maybe they weren't into it because like this.
Speaker 4: Thing, well they didn't even go to the combines.
Speaker 3: It didn't even get They must have been on the conference call or whatever. It didn't even get out of committee. Essentially, Stephen Jones talked about it. You benefited from that rule in the playoffs. Yeah, that's a good point. The other thing I thought, just a quick note we even discussed is Andrew Berry, your guy in Cleveland. I like that he's trying to push and the Browns are proposing pushing back the trade deadline, which I've been talking about for years. I think that would be great. So we'll follow up on that if that actually goes through. But I like that the Browns are trying to get that done. Some business happened over the weekend. T Higgins officially got the franchise tag and some thought is that he might get traded like that that seems to be a more realistic possibility than with most franchise tags. I can't tell if it's just speculation or if there's reasons behind it. Brian Burns also looks likely to get a tag. Dan Morgan, the new Panthers GM said today like if we need to.
Speaker 6: Essentially, I don't know why you trade Higgins considering who the Bengals are right now, where your position in the AFC, who your quarterback is, and what that wide receiver room starts to look like if you take Higgins off the team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like how much Andre and Josavas are we willing to build this airplane out of Why not run it back with Tea at least one more time.
Speaker 2: I think that's what they will do.
Speaker 3: I'm a little torn if they're not going to pay t Higgins the money that he'll deserve and will earn next year. And they've been a team that has been willing to just franchise tag guys and then lose them eventually. That's happened a number of time, including with Jesse Beats. I think like you could get a pretty you know, you might be able to get like the seventeenth pick of the draft, or the twentieth pick of the draft and you take a wide receiver.
Speaker 2: There is that crazy. I don't think that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, it's like Diggs Jefferson.
Speaker 6: If you can pull that off, if you get an offer, I know.
Speaker 2: You probably the odds are you probably won't get it right.
Speaker 15: But the.
Speaker 3: Players coming out now have a pretty high success rate at wide receiver. I was trying to think of teams that would maybe give up a first round pick for Tiggins and this probably wouldn't happen until April anyways. But like the Colts that's in the middle of the draft, the Bucks, if Mike Evans. E's like the Texans, the Bills, the Lions, Like, would you trade for the twenty fifth pick for Ti Higgins? I actually I'm maybe leaning no, but I I don't hate it either way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it depends on how you view your window.
Speaker 5: Like let's say that the punt doesn't doesn't hit the forty nine ers of McLeod is able to recover it, and the Chiefs lose the Super Bowl, like in they're out of the Mike Evans run. You know, are they willing Would the Bengals be willing to give Tiggans to the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Now the Chiefs forget it, but maybe like the Texans or the Lions, or the Colts or the Bucks or there's like a million teams where it's like, would the Bengals look at it like, Okay, let's not just put everything into this year. Let's keep stretching this thing as much as again, we're gonna page a month.
Speaker 6: Like literally, it's like late early evening in Indianapolis right now, probably someone from the Bengals is talking to someone from another team about this topic.
Speaker 4: At this mirrit very low.
Speaker 3: A couple other quick items I mentioned earlier. The cap went up thirty million dollars. That is unprecedented. It was expected to go up a lot, maybe like eighteen to twenty. This is kind of the after effects of the team's printing money once again, now that the pandemic is, you know, in terms of financial repercussions, is kind of in the rearview. And so that's gonna make it easier to keep a guy like t Higgins or a guy like Saquon Barkley. And again, there's too many, too much cap space out there, not enough good players. Some of the decent players that have gotten released though in the last handful days Shack Barrett from the Bucks. He's in my top one to one. He's at eighty. Emanuel Agba, I think, is at the very back end of of the top one to one. A Xavian Howard, the cornerback for the Dolphins. Some of the early cuts.
Speaker 6: It just all feels financially triggered in these cases. And most of these guys are still solid players and we'll find another team soon.
Speaker 3: Right, They're like solid, but not eighteen twenty five cap charge type of guys. The Zavion Howard did have two pretty pretty rough seasons, so I'm not sure the market for him is going to be good. And yeah, I mentioned Brian Burns, and yeah, Brett Veitch, the GM of the Chief said they do figure that they're going to use the tag. Now he didn't say who it would be on the logic is it would probably be Lagarious Sneed and they're going to try to get Chris Jones sign. In the meantime, Eric tells me we might have some breaking news. Let's hear it. Go just read read it.
Speaker 2: Off for me.
Speaker 3: There it is right there, the Chief seven form Lagarious Sneed. They're going to use the franchise tag for him. So I wish I had read that like thirty seconds.
Speaker 12: There's ways of communications and then sometimes you get on a roll and it's just it's all good.
Speaker 2: We got it in here.
Speaker 12: I'm messaging you in like seventy five different ways and eventually holding the fingers, typing fingers up and Claybahn saw.
Speaker 3: Them, you know, live in the moment looking to Mars, I dig mysterious eyes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not alone. People say they'd like to do that. It's a good thing to do. I couldn't imagine spending my time in a better way.
Speaker 3: I mean, you kind of have the perfect two seats for it here. It's it's it's a one reason why you Dan and Mark just shut me out of conversations.
Speaker 2: Dan's just as I mean, look at those things.
Speaker 4: Oh please, what's happening here?
Speaker 5: But I think with burns in speed, like the tag as a negotiation strategy, like a step in the negotiation.
Speaker 4: Yes, it seems to becoming a more popular thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think it was always popular, but I'm I hear you. I think that's the reason why they created the franchise tag.
Speaker 5: And well as besides its role as a price control metric, like just procedurally, like, okay, so we're going to do this negotiation, but tag right continue.
Speaker 3: If anything, Yeah, it's always been about restricting the best players from actually leaving the team. It's a vestige of the old free agency system. And if anything, I think they do try to get these these deals done, maybe even more than they did fifteen years ago. But you're right Patrick, most of the time they don't. They just end up stick getting stuck on that tag. And I sent some optimism from each two on Chris Jones, we will see and maybe who knows, maybe we'll have it.
Speaker 6: I mean, he said it again. They really really want to keep him. I think he wants to stay. He's been saying that. The one of the little nugget that I thought that the Bucks, both Jason light and Todd Bowles came out very strongly saying like, Mike Evans is very much in our plans. So yeah, I thought that was maybe not going to be the case. And it's like they're gonna push to keep him and Baker Mayfield. And if I'm a Bucks fan, I like that. I will see if we if we can believe them, if that's true, Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I do believe them.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 3: I think there's gonna be some big offers for Mike Evans. So we'll see if they can match them.
Speaker 5: And it might just honestly, because we're gonna see Derek Henry playing somewhere else and it's just it's weird and we're going to look back. Mike Evans is going in the Bucks Ring of Honor. He may be going the Pro Football Hall of Fame just a couple extra years. Like, what what's the price?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I think you keep him in Tampa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they would absolutely love to keep Mike Evans, like like they're going to keep Levante David.
Speaker 2: He expects to stay in Tampa. He's he said as much.
Speaker 3: We will continue to say things into microphones with our friend Nate Tice coming up after a quick break. Nate is going to join us and we'll we'll talk about some of the quarterbacks at the combin. That music can only mean one thing. We've got a guest coming up. One I'm very excited about.
Speaker 2: This is a man.
Speaker 3: What's backed up Russell Wilson at the University of Wisconsin. He is the host of the Athletic Football Show, including a weekly episode called Prospects to Pros with Dane Brubler, which I have personally listened to all season in an effort to not be as dumb about the NFL draft process this year.
Speaker 4: A self preg arrives.
Speaker 2: It's nice.
Speaker 14: Not as dumb because there's only so much I can do.
Speaker 2: Know you, your your program with with Dane is is great. It's every Wednesday. People should check it out.
Speaker 3: And yeah, no, it's I'm not gonna say it's a total blind spot on this episode on this show, but we don't cover it as much until like right now. So that's that's the purpose of you, Nate, to to get us smart on these matters.
Speaker 14: It's perfect timing for Combine Week. By the way, that intro music really reminds me of the four Horsemen in WCW, Laron, Arnie Anderson and everything. It's very much so I approve of that theme. I seeing people cover that guitar solves it's phenomenal. Well, no, what better way to talk about the draft than literally Combine Week? Yeah, I think the im Sarron moves from the regular season to the draft, and here we are in Indian Apples.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are there, we are in the studio, and yes, our host Dan Hanss loves to play that song as a roar shock test of what people think of and that was I think the first time.
Speaker 6: That we Yeah, we often get like, you know, lonely obsessed detective driving through the LA night in a yeah, yeah BMW or something.
Speaker 14: So yeah, okay, I like that. Yeah. And something came out from nineteen eighty three to nineteen eighty six, Yeah, something of that sort. Maybe that's why it's Rick Flair in nineteen ninety four, Yeah, because because they still acted like it was the eighties, you know, it was ninety five.
Speaker 5: Performing a psychological test on every guest is a very damn thing to do. I do because Greg has increased his ball draft knowledge, right, Yeah, I wanted to know, Nate. Do you feel the level of ball knowledge generally has impacted things at the combine based on the way that it seems like from what I'm hearing from podiums and interviews that team officials are very reluctant to say anything. Do you think that your contribution to the level of ball knowledge has stunted conversation? M just me personally, it's it's a team effort.
Speaker 4: Nape, but it's a no.
Speaker 14: I think the general fan has become smarter, and I also think the advanced fan has become smarter as well. And I think there is a growing I mean, shoot you guys, shoot mina, Bill Barnwell, there's many people out there that do so much good stuff, and that I think that's what it is. I think that people realize, oh, there is more to this game rather than just grit and who wants it more, which does matter, but also like, yeah, the intricacies of the scheme stuff, even the processes. I mean there's so many, so many articles you can write, but it feels like there's a new article about some process us with the draft or training or how teams look at guys. So I do think there is some of that. And also we're getting to a point where coaches aren't showing up for the combine. If you told me that ten years ago, five years ago, I'd be really like that sick and like so that that blows my mind. And the player's stuff I understand, especially after post COVID, you know, you know, after kind of the changes of what they realized, they ken and cannot do. But I do think that people have become more savvy as far as like how they answer stuff, even codd stuff, because I do think the general fan has bumped up a lot. The floor has I think raised up a little bit at least. Maybe I'm just in my own little bubble, but that's how I think.
Speaker 3: No, I think the attention and look, the draft community is bigger than ever, Like there are a lot of draftnicks out there. You got to try to stand a part in eate, you got to cover the NFL and the draft. And one of the things that I've you know, noticed this year is you've been a Drake May guy. And so we got the news this week that the top three expected quarterbacks Caleb Williams, Drake May, Jaden Daniels in whatever order they end up going, that's that's probably the consensus order, but who knows. Are not going to throw at the comment that's not surprising, that's not new for for top prospects over over the years. But I want to talk about them anyways, because you've been You've been a May guy throughout and maybe for the for the average fan out there, like why are you a May guy? And you're you're a Caleb Williams guy too, because I hear I hear you rank the two of them probably among the seven or eight, you know, six or seven best quarterback prospects of the last like twelve years, where you know you would have had Caleb Williams number one in almost every draft. You just like Drake May a little bit better, and that the two of them are that high level of prospect. Why why the separation between those two and kind of those two as a group, what do you think?
Speaker 14: Yeah, they I truly think they are as top tier of a prospect as you can get. There's no perfect prospect, of course, and that that's going into that and I'll just be corny and say that, but I've been kind of like officially scouting guys like as far as like actually doing this process and watching a six, seven, eight games of all twenty two since twenty fourteen was still with the I joined the Falcons, and I would say in that time period, so that's about a decade, Caleb Williams Drake May are up there with Trevor Lawrence as in some way, shape or form that top tier prospect that I've ever watched. And then you get off of that. And I mean I was pretty high on Fields, but he was a tier below that. I was high like Stroud, I was, you know, a full tier below that. And even if I liked him or Richardson, you know, last year as well. But I think with these guys, Caleb was a guy I got low on during the season and then now I just studied him and I'm like, oh, yeah, you're awesome and you are supremely accurate, and I think that's the under eight. I'll start with Caleb. But that's the underaight. Thing with him is that he's really good from the pocket and a lot of that scrambling running around stuff was out of necessity because that offense blew and the offensive line was no good, and I thought he didn't get a lot of help, which surprised me. From going from TV copy to all the twenty two and it just grew and grew and grew. I am comparing him the freaking Drew Brees coming out of Purdue because of just that accuracy and how he operates. And on top of all this stuff, the ad living and the creation and everything, I think he has rare contact balance. He's he's tremendous to me, I the accuracy in the work from the pocket has been so underrated with him. And that's why on top of all the cool stuff where he gets comparisons to the homes, that's you know, that's a cool package. But May and why I prefer him, it's one A, one B. They're both top five guys to be easy. May to me is the prototype as far as size six four, two thirty. He's a great athlete, and I think that's been underrated for him this process. He is one of the most efficient and explosive scramblers in recent memory as far as like coming out of college, like as far as just earning first doubts. He's smart with getting down too once he gets past there. But I think he's gonna run like a four to six something. I think he's a very good athlete. On top of it, he's aggressive and he works over the middle. And the comparison I and why I always want to bring up over the middle stuff is I think of that as like three point shooting but for quarterbacks. So if you can't do that, you have to be an exceptional athlete like a Russell Westbrook who can't shoot or if you you have to be like Chris Paul and make like Joe Burrow is a great example. He doesn't really work over in the middle as much as you would think, but he's a monster in quick game and he's a monster and just accuracy and all that. He's like Chris Paul. He can shoot those long twos instead of shooting threes, and so to me, you have to have those gifts. May does that he launches stuff over the middle with timing, with arm strength and with just anticipation throwing the stuff like throwing guys open, truly and so sorry, I got new headphones because I forgot mine. So how to buy twenty dollars headphones at the airport?
Speaker 2: No, it looks great. It looks like a podcast.
Speaker 14: Yeah right, I know right. I actually thought I would, like remember the Dream Team when you know Charles Barkley said, I don't know who who they are, but we're gonna stomp them or whatever we're gonna say. Like, I feel like I have the translation headphones right there. Jerry, I think it was, but I think I think uh no, but I watched him. It's just he's that total package. When I watched these elite guys. The it's hard and I'm not really compare any one of my homes, but Josh Allen, Lamar, Justin Herbert, those type of guys, a Burrow, even a Dak Prescott or Matthew Stafford. They worked that over the middle, over and over and over. It is because that is the juiciest area to create explosive plays, but it requires a lot of balls from the quarterback.
Speaker 2: So I saw you as that.
Speaker 6: I saw you doing a sit down with the Chicago Bears. I might have been a radio station or a pod of it was recent and you were you were pounding the table for May. And like even this morning on Twitter, I've seen some people coming from such a different place on that quarterback. And you've got people that look at Caleb Williams and say a big chunk of what he did in college won't work or translate to the NFL.
Speaker 4: It's like so the opinions all over the place.
Speaker 6: But if you're the Chicago Bears and this dog and Pony show about what might happen with fields like are do you have to believe that they're looking at these two quarterbacks the same that you are saying. This is an absolute upgrade from justin Fields and with out end question, no matter what we're saying publicly, these two guys or who you move on from your current current quarterback to get one of them if it's and I don't know which one it is, but it's like their heads and tails better than Fields in your mind.
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 14: And even though I am still high on Fields and still think he could be a pretty good quarterback in this league. I just think he has blemishes that I don't know if he can overcome with his throwing style. I just talked about all that stuff throwing over the middle. Fields doesn't do that. He's not good and quick game. He actually, like his upside still is almost like a Russell Wilson when in his prime, you know, running around launching great deep balls, having some limitations and some of the stuff, you know, throwing stuff underneath and over the middle. So when I look at that, and like I said, these two as prospects, I still view higher than Fields, even though I Fields might be five or six. You know the guys will watch in the last ten years, but I think these guys are a tier better and because they do the things that Fields has shown that he hasn't been able to do even with a little better situation this past year. And that's even before getting into the contract stuff. And I know, kind of fake smart people want to like use that as like a whole talking point, but it doesn't matter. And resetting the rookie contract scale, especially when you're paying guys like Montese sweat and stuff like that, so that helps the argument as well. I said on that Little Bears podcast too, and oh that's mean, but That Bears Podcast two is that it was that I love those guys. I don't know why I said little, but there's like one of them asked like, would you bump if they traded with Washington flopped at one pick and got the other guy, and that it was May in this example. I was like, that's ideal to me if you look at them in the same tier, which is what I do, that would be the ideal on trade fields, move back to to get even more capital and then take the other guy, the one b.
Speaker 4: Of the of the two guys, right.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to spend anymore on this because I want to get to the other quarterbacks. But it does concern me that like one of these two guys is going to be coached by the same guy that was coaching that that terrible USC offense and a year ago that suddenly like everyone's like, wow, this was really hard to watch this offense, and it's like that guy is going to be coaching one of them.
Speaker 2: But let let's let's move let's move on from that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's let's go down to Jaden.
Speaker 5: I've I've called it amateur kinesiology right with the body type concerns. How concerned are you with Jaden's body type?
Speaker 14: I'm I am concerned. I'm going to put on my boomer scout hat on a little bit.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 14: He's got narrow shoulders and that's frame. It's all about, you know, filling out the frame. Even the guy like c. J. Stroud last year I was two fourteen. I think he has broad shoulders and big hands. And why I'm bringing that up is framed to grow. He's already gained.
Speaker 3: That's like me sixty big shoulders, big hands. I've always had potential to just get figure. Yeah.
Speaker 14: No, But with Daniels is that I think he's maxed out, Like he's already sixty pounds. I think he went into college at one a ridiculously low weight with Arizona State. And when you look at quarterbacks, and this is honestly I remember coming on here quarterbacks under two ten, not even two of five, which is what Daniel's list of that and I think he's more like one ninety five is you can It's hard to find a quarterback under two ten or even two of five that has had long term success in the NFL. If you look even since two thousand, the year two thousand, the only quarterback to have I adjusted net yards you know, touchdowns and interceptions to take away sack yardage uh seven or more is usually like at top five, top six quarterback season in a given year. There's only been two quarterbacks, so I'm sorry, three quarter No two quarterbacks since two thousand have seven or more. And that's Kirk Cousins and Jeff Garcia and so okay, let's dropt the six yards, which is like a top half season, so above average type of quarterback year. You're throwing in Aaron Brooks and that's that's the only other guy that you can throw in.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: Got to be on the border line there, but yeah.
Speaker 14: You got the two o nine. So Greees got the two on nine, So that's what helps him out, is like that. Well, but that's the other thing is Dane is a six to four, so he's long and slender, and and that's that's another thing, like Breeze is stout. That's why actually compared him to kailb Williams is they actually kind of are gonna waph out the same. It might be like two twelve or something, but I think that's my concerns are It's just this is a historical outlier. And on top of it, he no one has scrambled more over the last five years than Daniels and that's how he chooses to play. It's hard and he's reckless. So it's really just durability stuff that is my main concern. And then on top of it, you know when pulling out of the pocket, like defenders pulling out of their grasps. So that leaves me just a little hesitant, especially teams talking about or people looking at him as a top five guy. It's like I grade him more as like a late first, early second type that will probably get inflated, of course, but I've had some plemishes. I'm writing about him right now, and as I can dove more into it. I've had more. I have more concerns than I did going into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's someone that, like I know that the draftis and you guys on prospect, like the QB three discussion was a big one all season, like who's going to be this third quarterback? And I would say like half the country had no idea that Jayden Daniels was going to be a consensus top five pick. Doesn't doesn't mean anything, though, because we've seen that over and over and then those guys do get taken very high and sometimes they're awesome and sometimes they're not. Of the guys that are throwing at the combine. So you know Michael Pennox and Bo Nicks and and is JJ McCarthy throwing Do we know that?
Speaker 2: I think it is?
Speaker 14: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think like who's your favorite flavors among among the rest of the guys.
Speaker 14: I've grown on McCarthy a little bit, but it's not like I'm like, oh, take him in the first round. He probably will go because I do think Shanahan coaches are going to love him. From that tree.
Speaker 3: There's gotta be a lot of it. There's gotta be a lot of Broncos McCarthy. And that's a lot higher than you know, or even or even Atlanta at like eight or.
Speaker 14: So Atlanta Atlanta or Vikings at eleven. I actually think that's the one. I actually think you'll like him. I just brought up all that weight stuff. JJ McCarthy has the same concerns. He's sub two o five as well, and but I actually do think there are some comparisons with him and Cousins. When he was coming out of Michigan State, Cousins went in the fourth round. You know, it's not like he was a top twenty. And McCarthy has a couple of things that coaches like. And even as I you only have so many snaps with him because they didn't throw the ball much. Is that he's willing to throw the ball in the middle, like not just reckless, but like aggressive. And also he can throw on the moves. He's a good athlete, and he's got a loose, live arm, and certain coaches from certain offenses.
Speaker 4: They like that a lot.
Speaker 14: Not so much me. I like big arm, throw far, you know, but but a guy like this is like I can see certain people really liking it, even if I don't have that grated as high, but he's kind of grown on me. And then after that, like Nixon Penix, I'm a lukewarm on or I actually say glass half empty on and then and then Spencer Ratler is probably another one. I actually do like how he spins the ball. His more stuff is more off field and maturity and stuff and how he is as a leader, so that I'll find out probably more throughout this week, But he's another guy worth mentioning.
Speaker 4: How many quarterbacks go in the first round this time around?
Speaker 14: I think four end up going. I think I think mccar he gets in there. I think Daniels is in there, and then of course May and Williams. I think it'll end up be in four.
Speaker 2: It's annoying me.
Speaker 3: You just brought up like seven different quarterbacks and none of them was were the subject of most of our text messages over the course of the season, which was two lane quarterback Michael Pratt. Nice nice mid round option for a guy who I think will have a nice little career athletic.
Speaker 2: He can make it, make it happen.
Speaker 3: But we don't need to spend time on Prat before before you let you go, Nate, and I do want to thank you once again for during Super Bowl week you invited me out to get off the strip because Nate is a Vegas local that was a home game for him, and just to go to like a normal pizza place in a normal neighborhood of Las Vegas, which does apparently exist. And it didn't feel like a breath of fresh air. I never had seen that before, and it like it really helped recharge me for the week.
Speaker 2: So that was amazing.
Speaker 3: I before we before we let you go, who like at a wide receiver position? Are you looking forward to seeing this week actually douced up on the field.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it seems like Harrison and neighbors aren't doing anything. So in Dunsa Roman Dunza from Washington, I think I'm curious what he runs. He's a Vegas guy too. He actually went to a high school right down the road for me, Bishop Gorman, and he was a track star there. But now he weighs about two fifteen to eighteen. I'm a huge fan of him. I think Dyland Jeremiah has him like as a top three guys. He's a really good player. I compare him to Chris Godwin. I'm curious how he runs I'm excited to watch him. Another guy I'm really excited is Ady Mitchell from Texas. Really has grown on me, really twitchy. I transferred from Georgia, big pedigree guy, you know, five star type of guy. He really grew on me as I watched more and more of him. So I want to see how he tests because I think he might be able to jump out of the gym, and I'm pretty excited to watch that happen.
Speaker 3: I think I think you've said it all, and you've got like fifteen other shows that you have to do today, including your own, and then you're in You have any like night plans here, and I guess you don't need to make plans ahead of time in Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: That's what Well Bucky told me yesterday.
Speaker 5: You have to you have to unless Well there were conflicting Tell me who was right, Tell me who was right. Because Ian said he didn't have to make reservations. Bucky said he did. We assume that Ian's just walking into places.
Speaker 4: Because red carpet. Fredian, what do you have to do?
Speaker 14: How do you operate in indian I hope I get an invite, Uh, if not, I always I always do a roost Chris by myself. I'm a sucker for Chris, just going back to I just like it. The chain and indies one is pretty good, so I always do one meal by myself there. But then usually I'm just hoping for an invite somewhere. I know, I got a four to fifteen month year old at home. This is this is me catching up on sleep this week like that, That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: This is real.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I got more curfews than I used to do when I used to come to Indianapolis. So yeah, I just hope for the invite. I think saying now, most though, is you know a little basic Oh. I mean.
Speaker 3: Right there, that's a man who's comfortable in himself that he likes spending time with himself and his friend Ruth Chris enjoying it as.
Speaker 2: I feel like that was a good kind of entry point. We're just starting. It's time to start start grinding that that tape.
Speaker 6: Little primer. I feel like I feel behind Nate tics. I feel like work that's okay, that's that's his thing. He's making rankings. He's one of the draftnicks.
Speaker 3: It's fine to catch up late, you know, kids in school especially classes you're not as passionate about cramming is fine. Doing doing it all at the last minute's fine if as long as you do enough, as long as many paths, right, Like, if it's something you love, you love reading and writing, you want to put in the work throughout the whole semester the class.
Speaker 2: You know you're right the whole time.
Speaker 3: You're not as into science, just just find a cheat, not a cheat, but you know, find a way to.
Speaker 2: Cram at the last whatever exactly.
Speaker 3: That's and I enjoy the draft, but I enjoy the draft process starting with the combine, and like watching the combine is perfect prep for it because you just all that stuff from like DJ just becomes osmosis to where you're talking about, well.
Speaker 6: They give us that five hundred page right, yef you could You're like, oh yeah, an Ola, Who's like drop step is too big? Uh, Dan will be back on Thursday to really settle this thing down. It always gets too long when I'm here running the show. Uh, we will be back then and uh for Mark Sessler, for Patrick Claybahon four n eight tice for Chris Westling on the Top Ten Show, for Eric and Randy behind the Glass
Speaker 2: Heat the call