Speaker 1: The volume. Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 2: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 1: The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: All right, listen up, taxpayer, is time for what you all really tuned in to. Listen to me for financial advice tax season. Boost Mobile wants you to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, Boost will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divided by one. Carry the a really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news because I'm not done yet. Visit boost Mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund. Or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still Oh okay, time to take my financial enviver hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees. Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweet details. And now I get back to my boring old day job. Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund. This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by colon Guard, a non invasive colon cancer screening test. Currently, colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer related deaths in the US, and it's on the rising people under the age of fifty. But when caught at early stages, colon cancer is survivable in night tenty percent of the people. So screening and early detections are key to reducing overall colon cancer tests and a great, one of a kind way to fill more in control of your colon cancer screening is through the colon Guard test, a prescription based test with none of the prep that's required for colonoscopy. The color Guard test is the only FDA approved non invasive option that looks for both altered DNA and blood in your stool, which can indicate the presence of abnormal sales. This test offers convenience and ease of use, and the kit is delivered right to your door. Once you complete the kit, it is returned to the lap and results are available within two weeks plus.
Speaker 1: It's affordable.
Speaker 2: Most insured patients pay zero dollars, and if you do need a colonosophy as a follow up, most insurance plans cover that as well, So if you're forty five or older and at average risk, ask your healthcare provider about screening for colon cancer with the Coli Guard tests. You can request a col of Guard prescription today at coli guard dot com, slash podcast I. The Coli Guard test is an tended to screen adults forty five and older at average risk for colorectal cancer. Do not use the color Guard tests if you've had atonomas, have inflammatory bio disease, or certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family history of colorectal cancer. The color Guard test is not a replacement for colonoscopy and high risk patients. Color Guard test performs and adult age forty five to forty nine is estimated and based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older. False positives and false negatives can occur. Col of Guard is available by prescription only. Spring is right around the corner, and you know what that means, more time to enjoy quality moments with your partner, whether it's a long walk in the park or cozy evening at home. There's no better time to spark up that connection literally. Introducing road Sparks to two and one prescription treatment that helps you get stronger, hearter erections, faster Roast sparks dissolved right under your tongue and hits the blood stream quicker, meaning you'll be ready to go in just fifteen minutes on average, and with a thirty six hours of action, you've got more time to enjoy yourself. Round after round with road sparks, you get thicker, longer erections you want, and the stamina that lasts longer, making it more fun for the both of you.
Speaker 1: It's all about.
Speaker 2: Being ready for play whenever the moment strikes and the best party road sparks. Connect you with a medical provider on one hundred percent online, no awkward in person visits.
Speaker 1: If you approve, your treatment, ships right to your door.
Speaker 2: If prescribed, new sexual health patients gets fifteen dollars off sparks on a reoccurring plan. Connect with the provider at Row dot co slash Nightcap to find that prescription roads sparks are right for you. That's ro dot co slash Nightcap for fifteen dollars off your first order. Compound drugs are permitted to be prescribed under federal law, but are not FDA approved and do not undergo FDA's safety effectiveness or manufacturing reviews. For full safety info, go to Row dot cod slash safety info. Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap, brought to you by Boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boostmobile dot com to join their nationwide five G network today.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Song We'll lay you have a little technical difficulties, but here we are.
Speaker 1: Y'all know me.
Speaker 2: I'm your favorite on Shannon Sharp, the guy in his Bahama Mama outfit in the dr from Liberty City, the Bengal Ring of Fame horn to read the pro Bowler that's Chad oh Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you opatially waiting for us tonight and so many nights that you stayed up late to be with us. We greatly appreciate you. Can ten year support. Go follow my media company on all of its platforms. That's Shayshape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. I have on an eighty four original right here. Everything is restock and we just dropped our Super Bowl show shirt and back the Lincers pinned at the top of the chat. Suppliers are limited, and remember, once they're gone, they're gone. There's a lot of NFL news to get to, and trust me, we're gonna get to that. But let's talk about the NBA lead in Cleveland Cavaliers, who won their fourteenth consecutive game on the road tonight. They beat the Milwaukee Bucks one twelve to one hundred. The cav just became the second team to win fourteenth straight games while scoring at least one hundred and ten points in each of those games. The only time that's ever happened nineteen eighty six, the Boston Celtics won the title. Max Struce had seventeen points to lead a ballance scoring attack.
Speaker 1: They had, their five starters were in double figures. Excuse me.
Speaker 2: They got thirty eight points from their bench, nine of their nineteen may threes from their bench, and they pull away late and they defeat the Milwaukee Bucks one twelfth to one hundred, and it just goes to show you just how good this team is. Because we know Donovan Michigan can go off. We seen him score seventy, We've seen him have fifty. But when you have a team Evan Moldley, Jared Allen, Daris Garland, Screws, you got Todd Jerome, one hundred Meryll, they really have a really deep team, this is gonna be a look. I still believe it's gonna come down to them in the Boston Celtics. The Boston Celtics, they beat the Lakers last night. They look really good because you have a guy in Jason Tatum who's gonna be first team All.
Speaker 1: NBA again this year.
Speaker 2: You have JB Jalen Brown, who's gonna be probably second of third team All NBA this year. Al Horford played really good last night. You got guys that can make shots, Garrick White, you got really good perimeter defenders and Holiday and Derrick White. And then you got a bitch man. Peyton Pritchard is unbelievable off the bench. He should be in the runner for six Man of the Year. But tonight was all about the Cavaliers. They moved to a record of fifty four and ten. The Bucks dropped the thirty six and twenty seven the Calves.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, what do you like about the Cavs?
Speaker 4: I mean, listen what they can do in their totality as a team. You just said that. I thought, obviously, when it's coming into the season, who would be the biggest threat for the Celtics coming off an NBA championship.
Speaker 5: To me, I thought it would be the Bucks.
Speaker 4: I thought Damian Giannis and that combination of what they had, similar to how Luke and Lebron.
Speaker 1: I mean, Luke and Lebron teamed.
Speaker 4: Up, but before Luke even got there, I say, you know what the biggest threat for the Celtics would be would be the Bucks. But watching the way the Cavs play as a team, you know, obviously led by Garland and Donovan Mitchell, the supporting cast, the bench, everyone is scoring. Look how many Look how many players were in double figures at night? When you have a team all five starters, Yeah, all five started, when everybody's playing vacuumplete and nobody is off, it makes it that much much, that much more dembo for them to be beat. And I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, a lot of people shouldn't be surprised. I mean, most people will call me a casual. You know, those are the actual NBA fans. Won't be surprised if they do unseat the Celtics as NBA champions this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's gonna I think it'll be a deep series that's going six or at least seven. I thought the Knicks would be there also because the addition of Karl Anthony Towns. I like that addition better with the Knicks more so than I like that. I like Julius Randall.
Speaker 4: What's up timeout the knicksunk? You really put them in that in that running No, I said.
Speaker 2: I thought, coming into the season, with the addition of Karl Anthony Towns with Jaylen Brunts to look at what they did last.
Speaker 1: Year only two months a though. I mean, we talk about scoring.
Speaker 4: The scorer that's able to actually score, put the ball on the floor and just score at will. It's only Jaylen Brumpton and Carl that's say it.
Speaker 1: But look look at what they got.
Speaker 2: They got Adaoby, they got Michael Bridges, They Josh Hart, Mitchell Robinson hurt, you know him going out because now you're you know, Cat's playing spending a lot of time at the five, and he probably he likes playing at the four. So if you'd had Mitchell Robinson and Cat sometimes they got Princess precious secure they got they got a deep team. They do and I thought, considering they were gonna be healthy because you got a guy in Cat that can dominate.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jalen Brunson, we know he can dominate.
Speaker 2: Bridges can give you quality points, and he's they got great defense. O G can defend, Josh Hart, can defend Michael Bridges. He doesn't miss games. He can defend. So they had it all. I thought Cleveland would be there, but I didn't see fifty four and ten.
Speaker 1: Now, did I think there will be a top three team? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: You probably thought Philly would be there also with Joe l and B Paul George Tyris MAAXI. You probably thought those guys would be there, but injuries maybe by had me. But Jimmy Butler, you know, he got nicked and he was unhappy and they moved him. So right now, looking at the East head, it's a two headed monster. It's the Cavaliers and the Celtics. It looks like the Cavs are gonna have home court, but Boston have one of the better road records in the NBA, so it's not gonna be easy. Do I believe the Cavaliers can have this cap of ballance score and you win. Now, somebody one of those two guys, Garland or Mitchell, is gonna probably need to be twenty five thirty and then everybody else chip in. But I don't think because with JB and JT teaming up for last night, they went for seventy and probably on average they're gonna go for anywhere between fifty and sixty on a given night. You're gonna probably need a little bit more from your big guns. But the Cavaliers look really good. And when you have a balanced team and your bitch comes in, they give you thirty eight points on the road, they give you nine of the nineteen threes that you made on the road. And they got shoot they got great outside. Wade was three or three from the three point line. Hunter did not shoot the ball particularly well last night, but he's in the running for six.
Speaker 1: Man of the Year. Tied.
Speaker 2: Jerome can shoot it, Merrill can shoot it. Uh, They're gonna be a tough foutout Joe, They're gonna be a tough out. But the Celtics, man, they deep. Yeah, and they come in with that second unit and they they picked right up.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's kind of reminds you of like what the Calves nuts to excuse me, what the Warriors used to be.
Speaker 2: Remember, they bring their second unit in with Livingston and all those guys, And if it was like a three four point lead with the time Clay and Steph and Draymond came back, it was a ten or eleven point lead, yeah, or if they were behind they came back, the game was tied. So I see a lot of this from the from the Cavaliers. Also, I like their bench. I like their depth. Uh, their starters are really good, heavy molders, a defender who's gotten better offense. You know what Jared You're gonna get from Jared Allen. You don't have to run plays for him. And he can rebound. He could score the basketball a lot of lives. He gonna get a lot of bit points off the glass, rebounding, rolling to the rim. But it's gonna be led by that three headed monster Garland, Mitchell and Mobley.
Speaker 1: And if they keep playing the way they're playing, I like them.
Speaker 2: I think I still believe it's gonna come down to them and the Celtics and the Insta Conference Finals.
Speaker 1: But uh, you know what, it's gonna be a good matchup.
Speaker 5: It's good. That's probably what's going to come down to.
Speaker 4: It ain't probably, That's probably what it's going to come down to, as long as there are no injuries, which I doubt that's going to happen with it not that much time, but it must not that much season left into the regular season, So listen, I'm I'm excited. I mean, I I'm excited. I'm excited for the Caves. Bro I'm excited for the Caves, especially what they've been through, especially once Lebron left, and and how how far they had to come to get to this point where they are now to we're even even without King James.
Speaker 1: There, they legit have a shot. They legit have a What happened.
Speaker 2: It was a situation where where Donald Mitchell wasn't happy and he has to be traded.
Speaker 1: That was the only way. Yeah, you got to get a superstar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold on, if the superstar leaves, but that's you have to replace it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's that's not only that's not the only answer. Not only do you have to have a superstar, but you have to have that supporting caves.
Speaker 1: Hell.
Speaker 4: Yes, man, Now you ain't gonna have no success unless you got your Robin.
Speaker 2: But here's what happened. Think about it. They they Lebron leaves, and that means you lose. And now you're drafting high. You're getting a Darius Garland, you're getting to Evan Mobley, you're getting guys like that.
Speaker 1: You make a trade for Jared Allen.
Speaker 2: Now see now and all of a sudden, like hey man, I kind of like it over there, Donald Mitchell said, and boom, so now you got Garland a draft pick. We got Vin Mobley was a top five pick. You got a Jared Allen who can rebound, can defend the paint. You don't have to roll plate run plays for him, and he can get your double double.
Speaker 1: And you got a.
Speaker 2: Bona fide superstar in Donovan Mitchell who's an All NBA, a perennial All Star. Now you got your team. Yes, now let's build it out. Now let's get us some depth. We make the trade for DeAndre Hunter, we get you know, we got tied jer romy We got you Move Strusant the start of like be good. Yeah, I mean sometimes you have to have a little luck. You have to have a little lucky. You're getting lucky. You got draft compings. You know that you can shift some of the pieces out because you gave up Colin Sexton, who was a high draft pick. You give him up, You gave up an other couple of draft picks, and you get Donovan Mitchell.
Speaker 1: I like, I like what you just said. The keyword you just said.
Speaker 4: There obviously drafting right, but also luck as well, because you already had high draft picks. You had picks that came in that were high draft picks that you had to let go and you got others. They were able to feel those spots and fill those boards. But the team they have now, they've and the players they've acquired all played well collectively. And I think that's the hard thing to do because you look at some of the big some of the top three I call them the big three, some of the big three faces that we thought would be in the playoffs or playing well. I'll oh, Paul George, Maxie and the Mac even just those three together, forget the injuries part.
Speaker 1: They still don't. They still haven't lived up to what we thought they would be.
Speaker 2: They just well that that's because Jordan Bid I mean started the season banged up, and yeah, Paul George started the season bang up and he hasn't been able to fight his RiPP Tyre's Max is playing extremely well. He's averaging twenty five, twenty six, twenties, maybe even twenty seven points a game. So he's doing what you thought he would do and what you would hoped he would do. It was you missing Joel and b somewhere between twenty eight and thirty two points, You missing Paul George somewhere between nineteen and twenty two points. So you factor that in. Now you're getting eighty points. Now can we get the bitch to give us thirty five?
Speaker 1: Leave man?
Speaker 2: So when in a situation like that, I mean probably something we put the shore foreseen. Considering Joel and b limped out of the limped out of.
Speaker 5: The season, you're gonna limp in it, and as soon.
Speaker 2: As the season was over two months later, he's gonna be Olympic team. The US national men's team didn't take the rest, didn't get what get he didn't get fixed? Probably what he needed to get fixed. So guess what he limped into the season and guess what he's doing now. O Joe limping out of the season A avid question.
Speaker 4: Be honest for me on even if you had the injury, if you and Jolden be with the opportunity to represent your country at the Olympics, knowing that it comes around every every four years, what we do?
Speaker 1: What would you have done? My obligations to the seventy six ers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventy six has got five years, a two hundred and forty million dollars on the table.
Speaker 1: How much you make?
Speaker 2: I get it, and I get it because the America he's from Cameroon, in America, has given him everything and more he could have asked for. Yes, sir, now a lot of that half the luck he came here. This is the land of opportunity. Jordan Beide had a talent God blessed than me. He hit the genetic lottery. He's someth foot tall, he's extremely skilled and boom. He parlayed that. But oh chose yes, sir. Your obligation, Philly, Yeah, it made you. Gave you generational wealth. Not to the United States national men's team and the gold medal. Don't get me wrong, You're representing your country, right, But bro, you were injured, you lipped.
Speaker 1: Out of the season. Back shut it down, get.
Speaker 2: Healthy, right and then say you know what a twenty eight boom your boy here? Nah, I know absolutely not. I I for me, Oh the most important thing. That's why a lot of times, man, when I was in a contract year, Man, I ain't trying to go to no Pro Bowl. I ain't trying to get up out there, O Joe noting trying to remember yeah, man, please right right right, And like I said, I get Look, maybe it was the Swan song wanted to get opportunity because Lebron is not going to be there in twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Still probably not going to be there in twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Katie saying, look if I'm still hooping to the level and I'm able, Hey, I like to play twenty and I like to go for five gold medals. He has the most, he has four, and but Katy says, hey, yeah, I would like to go. I would like to try to, you know, run it back on home soil. And maybe Jordan that was something your But for me, I'm always go I'm always going to be in a situation where I look at who's paying me, right, That's where my obligation lies, is that who's saying So that's just me at the end of the day, he did what he wanted to do. He did was in the best interest of them. But I look, they was looking at France and Wemby and y'ab was Soule, and you got Janes and you got Yoke, so you knew probably you're gonna run in You're gonna run into those guys, and you needed somebody to deal with Yoke. You needed somebody that to be able to, you know, to handle the bigs and for other countries. Even though it would I get all that, I honestly do I really do. I don't want people to think I'm not empathetic and understanding. But a team invested five years at two hundred and forty million. They just gave him a three year, Oh Joe, they gave him a three year extension for one hundred and ninety three million dollars.
Speaker 5: I understand.
Speaker 4: But you know, honestly, if if you asked, if you ask people especially that would be in his position, is what they would do.
Speaker 5: If you asked a hundred people, you get a hundred different answers.
Speaker 4: On's That's why I was curious to what you would say, and I'm curious to the chat. I mean, obviously, putting yourself in his shoes, in his situation, with the opportunity to represent you know, obviously the USA, just everybody's answer would be different.
Speaker 5: But I understand, you know where you're coming from.
Speaker 2: You know what I think it is, O Joe, it's my mentality that I play football, that my money isn't guaranteed. See he did that because he knows his money is guaranteed, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: It changes that everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it changes everything. It's like it's kind of like a salary worker, they take PTO.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're not a salary worker and you only get paid if you show your black ass up to work, that changes thing. Trust me, I had manual jobs that I only got paid if I showed up. The word it's a whole different ball game. If you salaried.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Hey, when you salary you know, in a situation where you salary hill, I take CTO choice time off.
Speaker 1: I'm choosing not to come in to day till I'm gonna get my check.
Speaker 2: Well, when you work in manual jobs and you work in an hourly job, NBA, that's guaranteed money. MLB, that's guaranteed money. NHL, that's guaranteed money. NFL that's not guaranteed money. So maybe that's what's clouding my judgment.
Speaker 1: O't joke.
Speaker 2: Now, don't get me wrong. I think a gold medal is is very important. I mean, hey, representing your country and for maybe an event, maybe a week, maybe two weeks, we're one. It's us against them. I don't care if the if it's a if it's a European country, I don't care. If it's an African country, it doesn't matter. We USA. We started to strike with the Red, white and blue, and we'll givest everybody else. Okay, But like I said, I think it's my I think it's by your being in an NFL. Like man, I ain't fee the mess about buddy, right, Oh Joe, shake kill Just Alexander scored forty points today as the Thunder defeated the Denver Nuggets won twenty seven to one O three in the battle of the two of the top West contenders. But the big news came when Nikola Jokic Yoke became the first player at NBA history to record a thirty twenty twenty game in overtime win against the Suns, Yoke finished thirty one points, twenty one rebounds, and a season high twenty two assists. He ranks thirteen points per game twenty eight, thirty rebounds per game twelve point eight, second in assists per game ten point four. This season, he's averaging more points and more assists than he did when he won the MVP in his three previous seasons. The only thing that's working against him is Shae is playing out of his mind. Crazy and they're the number one seed.
Speaker 1: Crazy work any other season.
Speaker 2: You could make a case that Yoke would probably be trying to go for five because Joel and b clipped in one year, he finished second. He won it last year after previous two years of being back to back and be clipped him, and then he comes back and wins again this year.
Speaker 1: But he I mean, Yolk, I mean, what do you say? I mean, I don't really know what it's like. I mean, what word?
Speaker 2: What adjuctive do you want to use to describe what you're seeing from the Kola Jokic man.
Speaker 4: Listen, the resume speaks for himself, the accolades, the MVPs, the numbers, the stats you I mean, you watch him play. I'm gonna throw a slight comparison out there to somebody who just got traded based on style of play and the way they move and how they have a very lethargic style of style of play. But I'm gonna let that go because he's very efficient at what he does. He's very, very, very good at what he does. He looks exhausted. He looks exhausted in that game, no towards the end. Yeah, yeah, I'm because they're playing. I'm not trying to say he's out of shape.
Speaker 5: Or nothing.
Speaker 4: You know, I ain't trying to say he's smoking hoop and beer or nothing like that. I'm just saying, oh, he's like, you're gonna get his beer on that he drank his beer. But here's the thing, Oh, Joe, he played forty one minutes. They're only forty eight minutes in the game. He played forty eight. Jamal Murray played forty two. So that's normally they don't normally play.
Speaker 2: You normally get the forty minutes once you go overtime or you go double overtime. Guys are not especially as they start to aid, Yeah, they don't normally play that many minutes. Had a regular season game, now postseason game eight, I'm trying to win every game matters. Yeah, they're not catching. Nobody is catching. Okay, see for the top seed. Now you're jockeying maybe two through six because you want to stay out of the play in seven through ten. Is to play in anything above that, you hey, your position, you jockey in for a position. Lakers right now, I think they have sected percentage points. It's gonna go back and forth. Lebron got injured last night and we'll see how that plays out and then you got Memphis, you got Houston, you got Golden State, trying to climb up the ladder. But basically you're trying to stay at that two through six range because you're not catching OKC for the number one seed.
Speaker 1: But when you look at what Yoki is doing, and like you said.
Speaker 2: Today, twenty four points, thirteen rebounds, nine assis how he had a steal and he only had two turnovers. But like you said, they didn't shoot the ball well. He was two or ten from three. Jamal Murray one of five from three. Michael Porter junr was three up eight from three, even though he shot the ball from the floor really well. But if you go look at it, Porter Junior played thirty eight minutes. Yo played forty one minutes, Murray played forty two minutes. Yeah, even Russ played thirty one minutes. Russ had a Yeah, he was one for nine, one to five. They didn't really get a whole lot from the bench. They only got a left one.
Speaker 1: They get level. They got fourteen points from the bench.
Speaker 4: And that's too the inconsistently with their bench.
Speaker 1: Yokurt good, Murray is good.
Speaker 4: But listen, there's one other team outside of OKC where they play collectively great. Even when the starters are out, everybody collectively is putting in the effort and putting the work and getting the points held in the fourth quarter, and they scored.
Speaker 1: Forty one damn points in the in the final quarter. Now, the only team that had the bench like that is efficient as soon as they come off.
Speaker 4: When the starter is on plan, it's calves, it looks, it looks exactly the same way. Okay, you know what, I don't have a problem even though it's a game of runs. I know my second my second unit to come in and still keep the game, still, keep the game going, still keep the game going forward. Where we're in the lead, we're we're still in contingent where we don't have to come back into the game and have another another run where we have to.
Speaker 2: Either catch up or try to decrease the lead. Mm hmm, but uh yeah, who a year, it's a two horse race.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask you that MVP MVP they dropped. Yeah, I'm being I'm being truthful that everybody knows that they dropped Yonni.
Speaker 4: So with that being said, has your thoughts on the MVP changed based on the way Joker's playing?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: Shade. It's still okay, Okay, I want to make sure. Yeah, he leading the league in scoring.
Speaker 2: His team is number one, He has the most twenty point games, thirty point games, forty point game, fifty point games. Yeah, no, my and I think everybody knows. Y'all know what I think about Yoke. He's been one of my favorite players since he got into the NBA. And you kind of figured out who he was because at first you said Nurkic. They were in the same draft. They took Nurkic, and then they took him in the second round. With that being said, you could see they traded. They traded nurk and you or you could understand why.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't think they knew he would beat this, Yeah, I mean you could see probably you see him in practice and you see him doing things.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think they thought he would be this now, a three time MVP, potentially, I'm gonna be shot if he doesn't win another MVP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna be shot. Now. Stranger things have happened.
Speaker 2: Lebron James had four MVP from by the age of twenty eight, yes, sir, and never won another one. So that's not to say it's guaranteed, but it's hard with the numbers that he's putting up for the voters, is gonna.
Speaker 1: Note, Yeah, that's that's crazy.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, this is uh, this is Shade fifty three and fifty three and eleven is their record.
Speaker 1: Fifty four and ten is the uh.
Speaker 2: Is the Calves record? So crazy, who's gonna have the best record in the NBA. Lebron is expecting to miss one to two weeks with a growing strain. According to Shams, Lebron will wait for the growing injury to calm down over the next twenty four hours and receive another evaluation. Uh, you know, they've probably you know, at that point in time or Joe, you know, once it happens. Yeah, they're telling you, see, seeing how tender you are, Uh, probably has a little inflammation in there. They're probably doing the strength test to see how much strength you have in the leg, trying to keep you. Hey, don't let me push it down, Okay, don't let me pick it up, things of that nature. And so now probably that happened, what that happened last night, right Sunday, So probably tomorrow they'll get an MI for the assssitency.
Speaker 1: Where it is.
Speaker 4: You know how, based on this injury and extent, how much time will be missed or should he shut it down and just wait and allow Luca to carry everything?
Speaker 2: What you think, Well, the thing is that he's gonna try to get back. It's all going to be contingent on how serious the injury is. The last thing you want to do is come back too soon and tweak it. Now that pushs you. I think if he takes two weeks, he's played what fifty seven games, he just needs another eight games to qualify for all the NBA things of that nature. But they're in the two slot. You don't want to slide all the way down.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: They do have Luca, and that's the luxury of having two superstars that when one goes down, the other can pick up the slack.
Speaker 1: We know Luca can carry a load. Austin Reeves can help.
Speaker 2: It hurts that Ruy is not there, but because I don't know where else they're going to get the production that they need from a third scoring option is ruly not there. Phinney Smith is inconsistent. Vanderbilt is more of a defender. I like Connect, but he leaves a lot to be desired on the defensive end. He gets lost in translation a lot. But I mean and they were just if they were playing extremely well. Yes, sir, and this this happens very unfortunate. But like you said, maybe this is something.
Speaker 1: This is what you get.
Speaker 2: This is what this is why you trade for a Luca, a guy that you're gonna put the ball in his hands. He can control pace, he's gonna get to where he wants. All you gotta do is knock down shots because he's gonna find you.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: They're gonna bless h They're gonna try to get the ball out of his hands. They're not gonna let him beat you. Somebody gonna be open no matter what. Yes, yes, when you get the ball in your hands, you got to make your shots. That's all it comes That's all it comes down to.
Speaker 1: That's what it comes down to.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, the Bills and Josh Allen reached an agreement on a new record setting contract six years, three hundred and thirty million, a contract that includes two hundred a quarter of a belly, the largest guarantee ever given to an NFL player. Allen had four years left on his deal. But the Rebells will reward their franchise quarterback with a new benchmark dial. The last one hundred days been pretty good for Jared Allen. On eleven nine twenty four, he got engaged to Haley Stanfield, and two six twenty five, he won his very first NFL MVP. On three nine twenty five, he agreed to the reaches richest contract in NFL history, six years, three hundred thirty million. If I'm not mistaken on Joe, he gets one hundred million. No, that was that's what youa COO's contract.
Speaker 1: How much you got?
Speaker 2: He got one hundred and forty three million. How about you get guaranteed for the get two fifty fifty? I think it about Bob's gap two fifty, so that passes the Deshaun's two thirty.
Speaker 1: Remember DeShawn got two thirty. Yeah, guarantee. Basically he got his whole contract guarantee. Yeah. Yeah, he got all with eighty million. You know he is guaranteed. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You notice you notice something we talked about a few shows ago, Josh I keep saying, Jared Josh shall remember we talked about some not too long ago. When it comes to quarterbacks, Yes, every time they get married, every time they get engaged.
Speaker 1: You know what, everything else they got going on fall just start the blossom, Joe.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's I don't know if it's if it's part of tradition, if it's something that they have in a in a clause, if it's part of some type of ceremony, every single one of them that get married or gets engaged or that has a partner that is the face of a franchise, which Josh Allen is. And there's some other examples that you can probably say once I'm done talking that I can't think up right now at the top of my head. You know the Brady's, you know, the Peyton Mannings, the Drew Breeses, the Matthew step I mean, I can keep I can keep.
Speaker 1: Going on and on.
Speaker 5: A I'm a denominator. Is marriage a woman senior?
Speaker 4: Just for some reason, it seemed like everything else in life once you do that part, everything else just falls right in line.
Speaker 5: So what does that tell you and I need to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep you out the streets, keep you from chasing your home. Study it.
Speaker 2: You got a confidant, you got somebody that's that's there for you, that you can come home, you convent, you convent to it if things are not going well.
Speaker 1: They understand your situation. Baby.
Speaker 2: Look a I'm trying to be one of the I'm trying to be one of the best, if not the best, to have ever played this game.
Speaker 1: I need as as a little a distraction as possible.
Speaker 2: Now, they're gonna be days I come home and I had a bad dead work, and I'm gonna be able to bring that home to you, baby, and hopefully you understand. But Babe, you and I can never be at a build a situation where I take you to work. It can never get that bad. I'm gonna need you to understand. Baby, They're gonna bedad. They're gonna be games well I don't play well and I'm gonna be moody as hell.
Speaker 1: Theyable understand. Don't take that.
Speaker 2: Take that, don't take it of anything but love. Don't take it but anything, beloved, baby, because I do love you. But this is a very physically demanding, This is very emotionally disbanding. And this is a very psychologically demanding game. It is it plays with your mental Yeah, and babe, all I ask you to be patient with me, That's all.
Speaker 4: And look at the reward, A look at the reward with patients. Yeah, unbelievable, but listen, listen.
Speaker 2: Most guaranteed money, oh, Chorley, get before you finish your thought. Most guaranteed money Josh Allen two hundred and fifty million. Second, most guaranteed money Deshaun Watson two U thirty million. Third most guaranteed money Dak Prescott two twenty nine point four Joe Burrow to nineteen. Allan becomes the first player in the NFL history record at least twenty five touchdown passes, ten touchdown runs with fewer than ten interceptions in a single season.
Speaker 1: He finished the season.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight rushing twenty eight passing touchdowns, twelve rushing touchdown, six interceptions. In recent days, the Bills Josh Allen six years three thirty Gregory Russell four years eighty million, Terrell Barnard four years fifty million, College Shakira four years fifty three million.
Speaker 1: So you see what they're doing. They're rewarding the players that they drafted.
Speaker 2: Keep it together, because you if you go outside, you see to get a Miles Garrett, you see what you have to play? Oh yeah, you gotta put two. You gotta put two of that that what aid You gotta put two of that together. If you go get a linebacker, you see what you're gonna have to pay. You go get a wide receiver, she's gonna have to pay what do you call them? Just got a Davante just got two years and fifty two million. Jakire got four years and fifty three So if I can keep my players, and I can keep and I can give them. But you see, oh, Joe, you see a quarterback josh Allah had four years on this deal. Yeah, they make that go all the way today. They made what you call of play all the way damn near to the end of his contract.
Speaker 5: Hey, Chase, then they understand they they know you know who you can play with and you know who you can.
Speaker 1: But see, but Harry, what happened? You know what?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: You see what happened? Now the GM for the.
Speaker 2: Your Bengals, Yes, say that the combine Jamar Chase is gonna be the high Payton none quarterback.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't know if he noticed the past two days. Yeah, wasn't the two quarter but two nine quarterbacks?
Speaker 2: Got Oh, Now, I told you Chase was going for north to forty because that's that's just what Miles Garrett just received.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna talk.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead, talk about Miles gad Yeah, Yo, do we talking about DK? We will talk about DK. First, DK Metcalf was traded for a second rounder to the Pittsburgh Steelers. The teams are flipping picks in the sixth round and seventh round as well. In twenty twenty five, he was set to be in his final year of his contract, but DK is signing a new five year, one hundred and fifty million dollar contract, making the deal the largest Enfranchise history in terms of new money stealers. Wide receivers now George Pickens, Calvin Austin the third. DK Metcalf finished in the top ten among one hundred and thirty eight qualified players in yards per reception in twenty twenty four. Alex Pearce was number one at over twenty two yards, Jamison Williams over seventeen yards, Rashad Bateman at about seventeen yards. A. J. Brown was sixteen yards, Calvin Ridley sixteen yards, Pickens was fifteen point three, and DK was fifteen and Calvin Austen was fifteen point two.
Speaker 1: So they got three guys that are big play potential.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, And listen that's what I like, brother Auster Smith. You ain't got to do much. Sometimes you get players on your team that make your job a lot easier as offensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: Who throwing on the ball? Meal you man? Listen, we talk about DK Pickens together as a duo.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Have the sisters of the Northway quarterback for the still you getting them boys the ball? Me or you?
Speaker 4: But you ain't hear what I said. It could have been one of the sisters of the north one of the nuns. You got George Pickens, you got DK metcalf as the officer coordinator.
Speaker 1: It's not hard.
Speaker 5: You don't have to make things complicated.
Speaker 4: Understand your skill sets and the receiver that you have and put them in position to make plays.
Speaker 1: Okay, if it wasn't that hard, why was George Pickens always upset?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Because they didn't know how to get involved.
Speaker 1: Well, you say it don't matter.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm telling you how easy it is for me as a receiver now I have. They ain't got nothing to do with with what they got. They got an office. They gotta have an office. But even you had trouble getting the ball sometimes, didn't it me?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, let me take some.
Speaker 4: I know you had them games like that, them games you're going to going to play, and the defense, the courting that say, you know what, I don't come hell of high water, he not beat me, not to day.
Speaker 5: I hate those kinds of days. And you have to weather the storm.
Speaker 4: Yes, obviously George Pickins being young, he didn't understand that, but he had his spare share of those games.
Speaker 1: And Jordan pick And looking like, hold on, what what what? What about?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What? What?
Speaker 2: What? What? What?
Speaker 1: What about me? Hey?
Speaker 5: Listen, Remember I remember I told you, Remember I told you I talked.
Speaker 4: To Pickings, Right, Remember I told you, Yeah, I guarantee he don't have no problem this year. But I listen to me, your trust me, you're gonna have from pick even if he doesn't get a contract extension this year, after he played this year out with no issues, watching to get next year.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, Yeah, he gonna be all right because it's money time.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Ain't no time to play with your bag.
Speaker 4: You work too hard to get to the point you at now. You know you've had your up and down so far early in your career. You know we've had a conversation and with great understanding, they're not gonna give you too many chances for that, too many opportunities for people that are waiting right behind you. You can't you can't blow. You can't blow the chance because you're only gonna you're only gonna get so many opportunities.
Speaker 1: But he's gonna be all right. He gonna get his money. He might not get it this year.
Speaker 4: You know this, this will be uh uh some of the portrayal here to see if you can, for one, you know, do the things the right way, not be a distraction, be on time, you know, and show up weekend and week out for the poth of mindset and contribute hard all the time and get the job done.
Speaker 1: Then you'll be rewarded on the back end, I mean pretty soon.
Speaker 2: What's gonna want? Like, hold on, bro man, y'all see what all of you guys got wa t J Watt Oh oh yeah, oh yeah, hold on, t J.
Speaker 1: What and top three and the top three in this position now and getting paid. I ain't got no guaranteed money. Probably got the worst t J. Watt. They got guaranteed money, not no more, no, not no more.
Speaker 2: And what happened with guys don't have guaranteed money, they start with requesting phantom trades.
Speaker 1: See that's the quicker way to get some money. Oh Joe, yeah, mm hmm. It is just like hey, listen, okay, babe, I would do right. Yeah, it worked.
Speaker 4: It worked for Miles Garrett, didn't it. Yeah, but I think he meant that though he meant that he would.
Speaker 5: He was dead serious. He was dead serious.
Speaker 2: If you let me ask you a question, if he got traded, do you think another team wouldn't have given him that money.
Speaker 5: They would have paid it.
Speaker 1: They would have paid double I mean, no disrespect.
Speaker 5: They would have paid They would overpaid it.
Speaker 2: They gave me to Dady, gave exactly what he got in Cleveland. They would have gave him that on the winning team. Oh yeah, but Miles Garrett didn't have any more guaranteed money.
Speaker 1: Yeah. On that.
Speaker 2: The stimulus Significia upgraded the wide receiver room, but still don't have a quarterback under contract for twenty twenty five. Both Justin Fields and Russell Wilson are slated to be free agents when the new league year opens on Wednesday afternoon. O Joe, you're the Steelers are you going out, Aaron Rodgers is available, maybe Kirk Cousins is available, or do you bring You're not bringing both of these guys back. It's going to be one or the other. Or are you going outside of the building to find you a quarter back?
Speaker 5: You know what, I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what's going over going on over there in Pittsburgh, thinking about Mike Tomlin obviously making Russell Wilson to start it once he got back from from from being injured. Knowing them, I would think they would want another veteran presence. I would say bringing a Kirk Cousins, maybe in Aaron Rodgers, I mean Aaron Rodgers would fit well. And I think maybe Justin Fields, Justin Fields comes back because he's younger. They allow, they allow Russell Wilson, who's gonna who can be the leader of men on another team and be a starter on another team, who probably will get that chance to be a start against somewhere else.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure. I'm not sure where what is Seattle gonna do.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking about Russell Wilson making a reunion back in Seattle despite Pete Carroll not being there because Gino Smith is gone.
Speaker 1: You know like it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't see that happening. Maybe Sam Donald is gonna be available. It's looking I mean, from what I'm reading and hearing and seeing, it seems less and less likely. He's going back to Minnesota. He's gonna be available now that Matthew Stafford has found the whole. He's back with the Rams. The Jets need a quarterback, see Adam need a quarterback. Pittsburgh needs a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Hold on Sam Donald just coming.
Speaker 4: Let's let's and I mean no disrespect on Sam Donald is coming off an offense with Justin Jefferson mm hmm Addison m hm.
Speaker 5: Howkinson Honkinson. So we have to be careful by to beware.
Speaker 4: You know, we saw him without those type of receivers and what happened in New York in Jarlina and you see a resurgence in production when he goes to a team where it's supporting cast is elite. Now, teams that are that are and are are vying for Sam Donald. What do you supporting cast before you go and pay him all this money?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely think you need the supporting cast and you need somebody. Kevin O.
Speaker 2: Collins one of the better offensive play callers in all the football. Yes, it is Pittsburgh in option. I don't the kind of money that he's gonna command. And you just gave a receiver thirty three basically average thirty three million a year, ohhoe, George Pickens. Basically if you don't sign help, I mean they could franchise him, but that number is probably gonna be whatever what it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: You got TJ.
Speaker 2: He's gonna probably want something out of the year because you know he gets double digit sacks every year.
Speaker 1: Every year.
Speaker 2: And it's better to pay early than to pay late late, because you see what the Cowboys did by waiting to pay micaeh playing around two guys two guys. Now, he said he doesn't want to be the highest paid, but it's gonna be interesting to see. It's hard, is ojo is hard to make thirty million dollars a year and get the kind of guaranteed money that Biles Gary got. Nicole lan Congratulations, she did an unbelievable job. I met her at the UFC fight. If I'm not mis thinking, I think she's a Jalen Hurts agent too, right. Nic Cole lan h Black Superwoman, Congratulations, it's always it's always great when we do great things. I don't me and Pittsburgh. I don't think he's an option. I don't think Sam Darland is an option. He's gonna want thirty, he's gonna want thirty B. He's gonna probably want thirty five forty okay, thirty five thirty quarterback, thirty three million dollar receiver. They probably need investing offensive some offensive line. Yeah, because they I think Nigie Harris, I don't see him. I don't see him coming back. But pick up his final They didn't pick up his fiftyear option.
Speaker 1: That's rude, that huh.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm I'm I'm I'm just thinking. I'm trying to figure out the quarterback for Pittsburgh. Russell and feels have familiarity with Arthur Smith in that offense cousins. But Cousins got, you know, guaranteed money. He got another forty million guaranteed this year, Jesus. And he lacks mobility into what Miles Garrett can chase your ass down.
Speaker 4: You need somebody, you need some mobile quarterbacks, especially in today's game. The game is evolved, the position is stuff at quarterback hands evolved. You know sometimes You do have some some quarterbacks that are just strictly postive passes, but most of the quarterbacks, if you look at the landscape of the league, everybody is a dual threat. They can play off script. You know, if you call the players offensive coordinator and you go through progression, it's not there. You have a lot of quarterbacks now that can make things happen with their legs and extend plays. It's needed, you know, in today's game, unless you are elite. Unless you are elite, you know, from from from from the upper body up. You know, when it comes to what you're able to do as far as you have an.
Speaker 1: Arm, it's hard. Oh joe, Oh joe. When you look at it.
Speaker 2: Look at the last three quarterbacks that were just mainly stationary, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady in twelve, Yeah, all three of those guys had the all time passing yard that's mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All three possessed at one point time the most touchdown passes.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Did I think Drew did catch?
Speaker 2: Did Drew catch I think he did pass Peyton and then and then Brady broke his record, right, I think it's something like that.
Speaker 1: But you look at you look at what you know?
Speaker 2: Sixty plus thousand and seventy thousand yards and five hundred touchdowsand and six hundred touchdowns.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Now the game is so athletic, it's hard for those guys to just be stationary targets, even with the process and the process, because they'll get you.
Speaker 1: Man, them guys are good every time. Those d linemen are good.
Speaker 2: They I mean d Linman now running for seven four six this ye where before Hey you got a deliber he ran four nine? Boy, he was hell. Now you got to deliber running for down. You're like, bro, what's the problem. You got bricks in your pocket? I needed Yeah, I need to know. Brady has the record at six forty nine. Drew Breenes broke Peyton mannaged record of five thirty nine with five seventy one.
Speaker 1: Tom broke Drew's record with six forty nine. Oh, that's crazy. The number. That's a. That's a. That's a.
Speaker 2: And if those guys basically did really nothing with their legs, everything was from waiste up, then basically everything was from the neck up because none of those guys had.
Speaker 1: Mahome's arm. Now Marino's arm always arm everything.
Speaker 2: All these guys that I mentioned probably couldn't break a window with a brick, but very active.
Speaker 4: Your ass apart every time. Hey, like like a surgeon. Yeah, like a surgeon.
Speaker 2: They will go to work, calm face, giving bird on Joe, just nice and dice. Uh, but that's interesting. Now, Look, the Steelers said, made enough of this because the Steelers don't normally, Oh Joe, you know the Steelers. You play in that division, So did I. They don't normally. This is not the kind of moves they normally make.
Speaker 4: And actually they have to do this though, Huh. You know, in order to the things to change, you have to go outside of your normal routine. You gotta do things you haven't done. If the way you've been doing it it hasn't worked, and it hasn't been working. Obviously, you have the rumblings from outside, should Tom and be fired?
Speaker 5: Should Tom come back? You gotta change things.
Speaker 1: You gotta change up the way you do things.
Speaker 4: And this is kind of out of character for them, and they went out and made some move that they feel necessary to get back in attention, not only in the a FC North, but get back to the winning ways that have always been a part of you know the stealer organization engine, and how do you do that by doing stuff like this?
Speaker 2: Now you need a quarterback though, Yeah, because the Steelers normally they believe in their players. They reward their players. They don't normally take on another team burden some recumbersome contracts. That's not what they do. They signed Russ, but Denver played the bulk of that salary. They gave him a minimum. Denver was playing that thirty eight or whatever the millions will Denver plaid that. You go back and look at it. They normally get off their receivers. Look at Yancey fake pay.
Speaker 1: They let him go. Plexico, they let him go. What's your guy san Antonio home?
Speaker 2: They let him go. Sanders, they let him go, Manuel Sanders, they let him go. What's the guy that had speed for days ended up going to Mike Walla?
Speaker 1: They let him go. You see them go, They let him go. This is normally, if you go back and look at it, this is not what the Steelers normally do.
Speaker 5: But this is also the funny thing.
Speaker 4: Look at all the names you just named, right, do you understand all of them came back to back to back to back.
Speaker 2: Yes, so they've nobody could draft receiver like the Steelers or the Bank. But that's one thing they can do.
Speaker 4: They receiver killers in the Bengals. It's something about to see if you got to look, if you can go back as far as you can. The Bengals have always drafted well when it comes to receivers, because every year after the ever ends, they got another one.
Speaker 1: I was there.
Speaker 2: Oh they had Juju Gude. I forgot about Juju. I was in Cincinnati. Hies Ward Pines retired. But I'm saying all the other guys that we mentioned on Joe they left. Yeah, Antoine Roandallel left. I mean, you go back and look. I think he came back. Though he came back. I think he went to Washington, and I think he ended up coming back. If I'm not mistaken, don't quote me, but I think he might have did uh come back.
Speaker 1: But so this is very.
Speaker 2: Out of character, uncharacteristic of the Steelers trading for a guy paying him a ton of money. Steelers normally they played their own. They don't normally pay someone else. But congratulations dk Uh. Going on, he wanted to ay, he went talked, they talked about the contract. Is he wanted a contract extension.
Speaker 1: They didn't. They wasn't talking right. They wasn't talking right.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Listen, the Seahawks blew up everything. I don't know what.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they're doing over there. They got something out there, what they got up under their sleeve. I don't know if they're going into the draft or they know something that they had some acquisition they're gonna get in in the offseason, or they talking to somebody.
Speaker 1: I mean, d K gone.
Speaker 4: You let you let the preacher and Tyler Tyler Lockett go. You let Gino Smith go down to Las Vegas. I mean, well, let's get into that right now.
Speaker 1: The O Joe.
Speaker 2: The Raiders have traded for Gino Smith, reuniting in with Pete Carroll the Vegas Raiders. Las Vegas gave up a twenty twenty five third round pick ninety two overall for Smith. The deal is his six year stand in Seattle, where he revived his career and became a two time Pro Bowl selection. Smith has one year left on his contract at thirty one million dollars. The Raiders are taking on all thirty one million dollars of that.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's it is.
Speaker 2: It's surprising that the Hawks are blowing this thing all up o yo, considering they were ten and seven.
Speaker 1: Of them last year. Gino gone, DK gone, Tyler Lockett gone. What's going on with.
Speaker 5: Joe hey By? Listen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, boy, if I knew the answer, I'll tell you. You know, I don't understand what they're doing, especially based off what they did last year they went ten and seven. But I'm assuming front office GM ownership. They have a feeling that they can find better production elsewhere. But I don't understand how you have to have You have to have a veteran presence for one. You got to have super a superstar. I know, obviously it's a team game. It's not like basketball. We have a Luca and you know you have a Lebron James, but boy, you need a quarterback. You're not even getting nothing done without that. So the only person left right now is Jackson Smith JS. I'm just say JSN because I stayed jack Smith. Yeah, State butchered young bull names and so you got JSN. I know he's sitting there like that fresh friends mean with fresh, we will Smith just sitting in the middle of the house, in the house empty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: Throw the ball man, listen, And that's the most important part, especially if you're serious about winning, if you're serious about winning, especially coming off for ten to seven season.
Speaker 1: So listen, here's might roll. Well, this was a this was a methodical process.
Speaker 2: This happened in twenty thirteen. Wait the who when Seattle didn't give that ball to beas more that into Seattle because they started dismanted, like oh, Joe, piece by piece, cam leaves, April leaves being at leaves, every piece, sharm leaves, earl lea. Yeah, boom, there's no more legion the boom that was there. Now those receivers they start to uh, what was the one that.
Speaker 1: What eighty nine? What's his name? Doug Bowling? We had some boom.
Speaker 2: He starts to leave a lot of boom, and you see, O Joe systematically be smold gone, russ gone, piece by piece.
Speaker 4: It's the nature of here we are. It's the nature of the venice. It's a slow leak, and you never notice it until all the water is gone. And that's exactly what they hit. Now all the water is gone and you got one dude, Well, this is what y'all left me with.
Speaker 1: Oh and and remember they ended up let it be wags go. Malcolm Smith gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they did let Bobby go down to the commanders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mm hmm. That's crazy. So that was that was the beginning of the end.
Speaker 2: I used to have a podcast podcast called Miles and Off and I'll never forget it. O Joe, I said it that that was the son that went. I said, they will never be the same. That said it's over. Yeah, never gonna be same. You were right then, I go believe they're not gonna believe. They're not gonna believe. They're not gonna trust Pete anymore. And Pete and them had a tendency. They threw the ball down there on one hundred percent of the time. And that situation where three receivers on the field, they didn't break tendency. Dang, gotta break tendency. Sometimes you have to scout yourself. I mean we would always after every so often we take time to scout ourselves. Oh, Joe, and this formation we're eighty percent of this. We've got to break tendencies. And this formation we're ninety percent of this. And this formation we throw the ball one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 1: We got to run it. Some guys, you got this.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you have to scout yourself, and you don't want to have to do it after something catastrophic has happened.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Probably they go back and look at it. Man, that three receiver said, one man, we throw the ball and you run. That moment, the moment that slot receiver is pressed, you got an audible Yeah, I mean listen because because because he's not gonna be able to push up feel to make the corner of the outside guy bubble, he has to make him bubble. If he does make him bubble, oh Joe, he has a straight line and he's gonna beat.
Speaker 1: Your guy to the ball every time. Every time.
Speaker 2: Once you saw because normally you see it because when you get a formation like that, one guy needs to be off and one guy needs to be pressed to make sure you don't get picked. Right. That's why if you notice a lot of times they're like, hey, one of us got a press. One of us playoffs so we don't get picked. Well, if you go back and look, Butler was off, Brandon Browner was in the slot he pressed.
Speaker 4: I would have came up off of that so fast and understanding what was Brandon brown the strength.
Speaker 1: He gonna hold. Yeah, what are you gonna do? And her.
Speaker 2: You already in a tight alignment. Where are you gonna go run into the tackle? He knows that you got to push up yep, because how many times you think he saw that when he was in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Come, I'm black.
Speaker 2: So now slot half pressed, he doesn't get off. Butler right there, don't have the bubble. Everything went well because o Joe, more time than not, he the guys ain't catching that ball. Oh Jo, that's point blank.
Speaker 1: Think about it.
Speaker 2: Think about how close that was because they're on the one so as let's just say if Russell take a three step drop, so that's only six yards and Russell is firing the ball, he's coming this way and the ball's coming that way, and he catches it. He catches it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's crazy, it is.
Speaker 1: But Seattle, I hope y'all guys know what y'all doing because that division.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I think it's all gonna be contingent on what happens with a party. I'm sure they're gonna try to get him done. The Rams look good. They got Davonte, now, they got Pooka, they got Kyri Williams. Stafford is back. They got us defense defense is really really good.
Speaker 1: And you know how difficult it is to go from well, Cooper Cup that Cooper Cupp hasn't been released and hasn't been traded yet.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, what happened if they keep cut up? But they can't with that cap number? Right, with that number, I know, you know.
Speaker 1: How hard you're gonna take a pay cut.
Speaker 5: You know how hard it is to go from one route runner to another.
Speaker 4: That just that just is good, if not better, and bringing Davonte Adams in in the right type of system.
Speaker 5: M man, it's gonna beautiful over there.
Speaker 2: The volume mhm