Speaker 1: Uh, do you want to go? Or should I go?
Speaker 2: You go? Girl?
Speaker 3: More More, more, more better, more better, more, a little more better more.
Speaker 1: Welcome to More Better Podcast, where we stop pretending to have it all together and embrace the stuff, the whatever. You know. We're gonna work on this opening guys, We're gonna maybe mix it up, We're gonna judge it. But if you are just tuning in, that's most of Marrow and that's Stephanie Beatrice and uh We're we do this podcast because sometimes, you know, the world is kind of full of crap and we'd like a little corner of the internet for your ear holes. That's like kind of nice and more.
Speaker 2: Better, a little bit of joy and.
Speaker 1: A little bit of maybe some deep depth stuff sometimes maybe, but we'll stiffly no promises, no promises at all.
Speaker 2: My friends.
Speaker 1: I'm okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know what I've done lately that's more better?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I do, really, I don't know. I don't know. I went to a protest that was good, that's great. Uh yeah you yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I feel like we are all in this space of like are more better is just like getting out of bed every day and being a good person and I are trying to be are we all there though, Melissa, just trying not to completely disintegrate under the crushing weight of everyday life and the world right now. My more better lately has been I've actually been very disciplined about uh, working out, moving my body, and like eating good stuff because what I want to do every day is scream at people, drink tequila and eat shitty food. But I know that that will just make me feel even worse. But that is what I'm like, the urge I'm fighting every day for sure.
Speaker 1: Like the lower conscious level you would make your choices so that they could numb she could numb out, yes, But the higher consciousness you is like, let me try to take care of myself, Let me do these things for myself, let me let me try to have consciousness around this moment as opposed to numb out, because the numbing out is just going to make you deal with it anyway later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but really, all I want to do is fucking numb out. Numbing out sounds great right now. I don't blame myself for doing it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, no, like we all, yeah, sometimes it's what you can do in that time. Sometimes it's what you're capable of that time in your life, you know.
Speaker 4: And yeah, listen, there have definitely been nights where my husband's come home.
Speaker 1: And I've been like, we're making cocktail.
Speaker 2: It's like three pm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've been very supportive in my yeah.
Speaker 4: So, but for the most part, I've been making good choices, which feels like a fucking victory right now.
Speaker 1: It's really amazing. And the hill battles sometimes so good.
Speaker 2: Only thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: More better.
Speaker 1: What are we talking about today?
Speaker 4: Oh man, we're talking about big resets, big resets, little resets, resets, which uh one of our producers picked this topic, shout out to Leo.
Speaker 2: And I really like it. I like the idea. I feel like it's something that actually you and I are forced to do a lot in just on a line of work. Move to this new city for five months now, moved back now. Yeah yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's something that I've never really thought, uh in depth about.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: You know, I think about it a lot because probably because of our jobs, because of you know, for at least most women, and I think like a lot of people are dealing with diet culture. I think about it in that way a lot, because you're sort of sold this idea that like if you reset yourself and do all these like new things, then you'll solve all your problems, right right. There's like the lie of the big reset of like if you just reset yourself, then everything's going to be fine. And then there's the resets that you're kind of forced into, which is like when everything starts over or feels like it starts anew because like you know, you have a baby, or there's a pandemic, or your job ends and or your marriage ends, or you know whatever. There's like so many reasons that it's kind of forced upon you. I like the idea of doing it for myself as opposed to like having it done to me, right, And I would include like like diet resets as like a that's something that's happening to me because like I'm not choosing to. Well, we can get into it, we can get into ami.
Speaker 2: We can because I have a lie.
Speaker 1: I have a lie as a person who has struggled with body image and disordered eating, Like I just have so many thoughts about it and who has a pretty healthy relationship with food. Right now, but like you know, things slide around. It's not linear, right, Like That's the other thing about these reset moments. It's like your growth as a human being is not linear. Your growth it's like up and down and backwards and forwards and byways all these bits to it, and collectively those bits will create what the shape of your life looks like at the end of it. To you, it's up to you, a dear listener, to decign how that happens. But sometimes it just happens to you, which is also like you don't have control over.
Speaker 4: That, right Like right you have to move to a new city for a job, or you have a surprise pregnancy, or.
Speaker 1: You or like you give yourself a birth plan of like I have a friend who she had this plan and she was gonna have the baby like bath water boop a boop, and like had a guitar, Like I think I've told you this. She had like a like a like a friend of theirs was going to play like classical guitar and like probably like a few hours in her doula was like, ah, this is a danger You're in danger zone. You gotta go to the hospital. And they hadn't planned for it at all, so like she didn't have a doctor in a hospital that she was like, it was an all emergency situation and then oh god, that's so scary a cesarean. So it was like her entire experience of the reset post baby was not what she thought it was going to be, right, and so like it was coming to terms with all of these things that she didn't want or plan for.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: She didn't choose to have a cesarean. It was something that happened for her safety, but like it's not what she wanted, right, Like that was a reset that she was she just it happened, right, or like just today, I was having coffee with a friend and she was like blah blah blah blah blah. You know when I had colon cancer. And I was like, oh my god, that's right, that's right. This sweet friend of mine that's like roughly our age had colon cancer, right, and like her whole life had to change because that happened. And here she is like in front of me, you know, fine in remission and like having coffee with me, you know, And like even the way I think about her has reset since I first met her, because when I first met her, I was so intimidated by her. I thought she was so cool. She was she's like incredibly talented, and I was very like, I don't like her, and like part of that was my own insecurity about women at the time, about her being in my same job, like she's also an actor, incredible singing voice just like and even just the way I've known her through the years prior to her even getting cancer was like, oh, I totally reset like who she is to me in my mind. So right, anyway, there's like a lot there's a lot of ways to think about this topic. There is can you tell my coffee that I had with her as tin?
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: I love caffeinated Stephanie.
Speaker 1: What a Chelsea proti uscation called coffee cranking?
Speaker 2: I am a coffee cranking. Yes, you are karanking. Is that coffee that you're downing right now?
Speaker 1: That's an espressotonic? Side note? Did you know? I did not know that an espressotonic is basically a soda.
Speaker 2: What's an espressotonic?
Speaker 1: It's an espresso shot or two? And then they with carbonated water had an espressotonic. Melissa, I don't know that I want bubbles with my spersonic water. You'll love it. You'll love it. You'll love it. I don't even like watered down the coffee. You'll love it.
Speaker 2: I well, next time we record, I'm going to get one and we'll say, whoa, I don't like. What's the other?
Speaker 1: Like bullshit coffee drink that they just put hot water in?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: I'm an Americana America, but that's garbage. That's it's garbage. I don't want water.
Speaker 1: I don't want coffee flavored water. No hot water in my coffee.
Speaker 2: Why I don't want that?
Speaker 1: No, unless we coffee concentrate. And now I'm having a cup of coffee. Anyway, should we do an episode on coffee guys?
Speaker 2: Let us know, okay? Or what would you say is the last big reset that you did?
Speaker 1: I mean, I had a hard week last week.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I did what I used to always do, which is I let myself get really really down in the dumps. I ate all of the things that I know that don't really serve me, meaning like not great for my digestion, not great for my energy, not great for like you know, in the moment, they feel so great going down. Yeah, and also and also as somebody who used to be a binge eater, there was an element of like I want to get so full that like this is what I think instead of everything else, right.
Speaker 2: And I also I'm very it's self aware and insightful.
Speaker 1: May well it would have been more self aware of I just like put the dorthiaz down, like that would great, But I didn't. I ate half athias from my favorite place, home state. But what are you gonna do? But you know what, knowing why you're eating the dorthias is half the battle is half the battle that's growth.
Speaker 2: The other the tortillas.
Speaker 1: Girl, not me, like dipping them in nacho cheese, and like, I mean it was what I needed to do in the moment, listen. But the reset is that there was like a couple of days of that. It was like maybe four days of that, and then I was like, I don't feel great, Like I don't feel this way either. This isn't really helping me. So on Monday I went to Pilate's class and I, you know, drank some water.
Speaker 3: I mean, like.
Speaker 2: It had been days without days, I was.
Speaker 1: Probably getting some kind of hydration from something. Be it the pizza or the garlic sauce that I was dipping it in. I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: There's moisture in everything, in the air and everything, you know, just take some deep breaths.
Speaker 1: That was the last reset. That was That was the last reset. And I feel like the thing that I really learned was I wasn't giving myself like I had a lot of rage. I think a lot of people right now have a lot of rage. I wasn't giving myself any space, so like get it out of my body. Yeah, and it's just and like it's still kind of just like sitting there. So I'm like trying to figure out, like what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Like do I like how do I work that out?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: And I think ultimately the reset part of it was like this isn't working right if it's like a self, if it's a choice, right, it's like, this isn't working. This thing that I'm doing, I've done however many times, isn't really working. How do I reset myself so that like I can make I can choose a new path of something that does work for me, right, Like that's the self. That's the sort of like self guided audio tour of your reset in your brain. Yeah, but sometimes you can't choose right. Sometimes it just it just happens to you, like it happened to your friend in the middle of her birth. Yeah, it just be Yeah, it's just the guitar players, Like, I can't go on. You're you're gonna die if you stay inside that uh inside the inflatable pol You need to put some pants on.
Speaker 2: And go to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Should it play some jazz? Would that help?
Speaker 2: Would that help you get dressed faster?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine he just starts playing like a faster be god to help her move?
Speaker 4: What was the last big reset that you did or had happen or oh man, you want to discuss I definitely similar to You've been having a lot of like mini resets as I have sort of like slogged through this past month of just waiting to hear anything about how the show is doing and the possibility of having a job for another year or if I've got to like get back to the hustle. I just like it's the one part of our job that I'm not good at. I'm good at I'm pretty good at everything else.
Speaker 1: Like the one I don't know, Melissa, Wow, things that are out of our control. Like I don't think any are good at that, Melissa, nobody is good at that. That is a horrible thing that we have to deal with.
Speaker 2: It's it sucks.
Speaker 1: It's that donkey dick, excuse my language, but.
Speaker 4: I feel like I know a lot of people that are able to like remain positive and be like, I know, I got a good feeling like we'll see, like I think we're going to be back.
Speaker 2: And like, you know, I don't know, that's a nice day out loud, yeah and then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're right, you're right. I just feel like very tortured. So I've had a lot of like mini resets, you know, where I, like you were just describing it, had a bad day, had a bad day, and then the next day I was like, all right, I have to like be very present conscious today in the moment, choose what I eat, choose what I drink, like move my body, like do you go through the things that I know will set me up for success that day, and then just like every day try to do that. But I guess like the biggest reset was coming back from Atlanta after like five months of you know, being away from the family, living in this apartment that was like very minimalist and empty, which was also kind of wild, and then coming home to a house of toys and stuff, and yeah, I went. When I got home, I kind of went through like a reset of our house and did all the closets and throughout like bags and bags of shit, and like bought new containers to organize closets and jodelers. And I think I sent you a picture of my junk.
Speaker 2: Drawer that I reorganized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did.
Speaker 2: And I'm also.
Speaker 4: Maybe gonna like buy some new furniture and get rid of some furniture. And I don't know what that is about, other than like I think, I think David and I moved so many times before having kids, and this is like the longest we've ever lived somewhere, and I think I just still get an itch every few years to like switch stuff up. But I'm not going to sell my house and move, so I do it by like getting rid of furniture and maybe buying a furniture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing crazy, just like I just feel like it's not working. It's like energy, right, like yeah, like stuck energy, Like you need change.
Speaker 2: I need movement. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite pilate's teachers at the studio. It's not like a Woo Wu studio, but she is kind of what's a Woo woo studio?
Speaker 2: Describe?
Speaker 1: You know, when you finish the workout and like, okay, so this is a total sidebar. But like for me, if I'm gonna pay money, so go do a workout somewhere, I don't want ten minutes of my workout to be like okay, now calm your breath and that deep belly breath in. I'm like five minutes, babe, five minutes and I can stretch five minutes by myself after class, Like I don't need your Woo woo. I came for pilates, not yoga. Okay, right, so even in yoga, I'm like, do not Sometimes I don't want to hear your layoff floor.
Speaker 2: You're not my guru, babe, You're not my guo or that's my guru. That's so she is not Woo Woo.
Speaker 1: But at that what I really appreciate is like after class is over, she'll encourage us to stay in stretch and then she'll light a little like bundle of something and it's not safe, it's something else, but she'll light like a little bundle, like walk around the studio, like move the move the air, because you'll be in those workout classes and sometimes people be like fucking crazy, like crazy energy is coming off of people.
Speaker 2: And yeahtimes it's.
Speaker 1: Like mad competitive or like I remember taking a class one time where it was like, oh my god, we're all in this class is not a private Like you can't keep stopping and having the teacher explain everything to you. You should have taken an introduction, you know what I mean? Like, oh no, so she resets the room and she resets the energy, you know, And like, I think that's the same thing that you're talking about. It's like you came back from this big job. You see your house with fresh eyes. I did the same thing when when I came back from the last job that I was in, I like was like, oh, this closet is too full of clothes. I need to get rid of stuff. This is yeah, why do we have all these toddler toys? She's not a toddler anymore, you know?
Speaker 2: Right, Oh my god, I got rid of like five bags of toys.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 4: It was great because we definitely had a jump and even I asked Axel. I was like, Axel, can I donate all these paw patrol toys or whatever not patrol PJ masks?
Speaker 2: And he looked at it. He was like, yeah, like I don't.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's I don't want to care about those guys anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't care about those guys. I'm not four. I had five.
Speaker 1: Miss Meanwhile, ros went to a party that was a a what are they called the mask, PJ MA the PJ masks. It was like PJ mask theme and she was like enthralled because you've never seen it before. And I was like I'm starting now, Honey, Like, sorry about it. You gonna miss out on that boat?
Speaker 4: Baby?
Speaker 1: Nope, no, no, no oh.
Speaker 2: But the theme song is so catchy. Don't you want it to be stuck in your head for days on it?
Speaker 1: I absolutely don't. I would prefer any Disney musical, any Disney musical, I would prefer if any of you know that about me already, you're not surprised any Disney musical, any of them. You choose Hercules, Bless my Soul, hercusan a roll. Do you have to pay rights for that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: What about like toxic people or situations that you want to escape. Like what about like resetting a friendship? Can you reset a friendship? I don't know if you can. I think I think I've tried, but I definitely have not seated in our friendship.
Speaker 4: Oh like like oh like resetting the friendship, like this is not working and we're going to try to improve it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very I have succeeded once in that I have to.
Speaker 2: Actually I just saw have one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a very hard, honest conversation. There were a lot of times, yes, but it really has helped me see this friend in a totally different light and like give her a lot more grace. And I think she was able to give.
Speaker 2: Me more grace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we're sort of honest about like I don't like when you do this, or I I don't like when you do this. It doesn't this feels hard to me or whatever, like and you know, a lot of our friendships, I think a lot of people's friendships and adulthood are based around like work relationships. So it's to be tricky too, because like sometimes the sometimes there's like an inequality and like power there maybe like someone sure end of your boss or like you know, you're underneath them, yeah.
Speaker 4: Or someone's like killing it. Yeah, And yeah, it can be tricky. It can get tricky. It can get really tricky. Yeah. I found though, since I had a friendship reset once and it was a very old friend and it was kind of after I became a mom, and I sort of felt like the friend wasn't.
Speaker 1: Ingrained in my new life, right, like I same thing that happened to me. I was like, yeah, where'd you go?
Speaker 4: And it was very telling that with some people, I was like, well, that's not surprising, like they've dropped off, you know, they've disappeared. But this person, I was like, this is very upsetting to me. And that kind of told me that that was a friendship I still cared very deeply about. That was very important to me. And so I had the like hard conversation being like, Hey, I feel like you're being a shitty friend. I feel like I've gone through this big life change and you don't know anything about it and you don't know anything about my kid, and yeah, you know care and it feels gross and.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 4: And it was a really hard conversation and the person was a little defensive at first, and it took actually another friend of theirs outside that doesn't even know me at the time. Wow, And they said to them, oh, well, she's just mostly just fighting for your friendship, Like she's just trying to fight for you to be back and like her life in the way you've always been. And then that's what made the person go like, oh, and then we have another good and then it was great after that, and then they came out to visit and spend time and like our relationship has been what it used to always be ever since, you know, And I find that it is that if you have that like whole of like I can't I want to say something. It's gonna be so hard, it's gonna be so uncomfortable, but like I cannot let go without saying the things that I feel like I need to say. And then there're some friends I feel like, especially as I get older, I'm like, Nope, I do not.
Speaker 3: Have it in me.
Speaker 4: It girl bye you never Yeah, I'm gonna maybe ghost a little bit, and but or like just like not try as much and I send you many blessings.
Speaker 1: I'm not like trying to send any bad jus.
Speaker 3: You your way.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, God, that's so funny. Oh, bless her heart, I send your blessing. I send her blessing. That's so funny, God damn it. But also yeah, it's it's I'm okay if I don't see you. You know you really said it, though it's like you were that person said it. Mollis. Is fighting for your friendship right, like a reason that you choose is you choosing to go I'm going to fight for something, right, I'm going to fight for that yes, thing that I want. I'm going to fight to clear out five bags of my kids toys of yeah, PJ masks. I almost said Pa patrol that. It wasn't like I'm going to fight for this friendship. I'm going to fight for this like you know, new way of dealing with my emotions or whatever, or I'm going to fight against this like I mean, I'm thinking of my friend with that crazy birth was like I'm still going to fight to have Like I'm not going to take this as like a failure on my part, like oh I failed, you know, I didn't have the birth that I wanted. But I'm still going to like use this moment to go like, well, there's not like Pollyanna ing it and like going like there's still just look at the positives, but like, okay, well, what else is happening here? Like what else is in this moment?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Like it's still the birth of your child.
Speaker 4: It's still an incredible, amazing event that made Yeah, was she able to reset in the in the middle of it or do you know?
Speaker 1: I think she? I think it was, Like honestly, I think it scarred her because when I was coming up with a birth plan, and for those of you don't that don't have kids, a lot of doctors and doulas and people that are helping birth a baby will tell you to come up with like a plan of like what you want to have happened? What's your ideal situation when you have a baby, Like I don't want to feel anything, and she just slides right out in ten minutes, you know, Like that would be an ideal situation, a great birth plan. Is it realistic? Probably not if it's your first baby. But like when I was coming up with a birthlan, she was so adamant that I.
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 1: She well she wasn't like adamant, but she was like, I don't know if you should get induced. I don't know if you should get in and do this because like a lot of inductions end with the cesarean, and like, I just don't want you to have to have a cesarean. And I was like, there's no controlling this, Like there's no there's no real controlling this. There might be a situation in which that is what ends up happening, and like I don't I'm not signing up to have one necessarily, but like I'm not. I just want to come through this. I just want to come through this. I just want to come through this. And so like maybe at the end, yeah, And she kept talking about like how much recovery it was, and I understand, it's a lot of recovery. I actually don't understand because I didn't have one. It is, but you know what, your vagina is still intact after the sea section. Shout out to my C section sisters. Shout out to those of you that can still poop like you used to be able to poop.
Speaker 2: I did not have a C section.
Speaker 1: But and that's another episode next week. I'm more better, just kidding. You know all this, you know some people, I get it. It is a it is a rougher recovery, but yeah, I think she's your vagina still looks the same. So there are pluses and minuses on both sides. Listen to all things, to all things. I think the reset of like having a baby is a big one, you know, huge huge.
Speaker 4: That is a huge top to bottom reset, top to top to booty, top to booty too.
Speaker 1: You can cut that out if you need to. Guys, just talking to our producers, they're probably horrified right now that we're talking about this.
Speaker 2: I do feel like.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's about having the understanding that like it's not so this is where this is where the deity stuff comes in, right, Like I on one hand, it's cool that we're all interested in like longevity and having our hearts work well and not having a build up of cholesterol in our veins and and you know, having systems that work well and support us for living as long of a life as.
Speaker 2: Aging gracefully whatever that means or just.
Speaker 1: Plain aging like that would a privilege to get old, right. But like on the other hanging and I remember doing like juice cleanses and stuff, and you know, it's like I'm gonna reset my system, and like maybe that's the case for you if you're doing a juice cleanse. But the case for me was like I want to lose some weight and like, right, I don't know, like that kind of reset is not I don't I don't know that that shocking your system and being like hard on yourself works for everybody. It does work for some people. I have a friend who's a trainer. I have a friend who's a trainer, and he had this fantastic birthday party the other day. It was like in the backyard and it was just a bunch of pizzas and a cake and giant bowls of candy. It was amazing. It was like being at a lot of kids party, Like they were like get back so he could fill with candy. Cu like, Tony, how do you eat like this? You know, like this this can't be good for you? And he was like, oh, I've been on a diet for three months. And I was like, oh, that can't be good for you either, Like all right, I could never, but Tony can you know? And he like that's like there's some kind of like it's like those people that can do like ultra marathoning and stuff sometimes where they're like I have a goal for my body. I'm going I do this so that like I can get to this gool like to make myself stronger or whatever. And that's what he's doing right. Like that, there's a difference of like I have a goal that's a number, and I'm going to reset myself to this number, and like everything's going to be great. My whole life's going to be perfect, because like news flash, babe, Like you could do every reset ever and like unless you'd be resetting your soul, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's just not are we doing just outward work or are we doing in or to outwards? Sometimes it's just outwards. Sometimes it's just outward. Like people think they're going to overhaul their like whole life by you know, losing ten pounds and that's such a or by getting into a relationship or whatever, yeah, breaking up with someone. And sometimes that's true. I will say, like there was a big reset for me when I got into this relationship with Brad my husband. I don't know if you know, I'm married Melissa and my husband's name is brain what, But there was that a big reset there because I really felt like, for the first time I felt like oh, I really deserve to be happy, Like I deserve to be happy.
Speaker 2: I remember that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's not like he was the one that was like that was the reason I was happy, But I was happy, and it was just kind of feeling like, oh, I can be in a relationship that's like kind of functioning and I feel good and I feel happy and we're not fighting all the time, and it's not like I don't have to change everything about myself to like fit into this idea of what this other person wants me to be.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the thing I remember being like a big aha moment for you when you first met him, was like, oh, I can just like completely be myselfself.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and not have.
Speaker 4: This feeling of wanting to shift or change anything to accommodate, which had maybe been something you had done in the past. More maybe I threw out something being huge short shorts because the person that I was with was struggling with my butt out for other people to see.
Speaker 2: So yeah, more better.
Speaker 3: Motter.
Speaker 2: So oh, I thought this was interesting.
Speaker 4: The Stanford end of the History Illusion, they did a study and they found psychologists found that people consistently underestimate how much they will change in the next decade compared to how much they've already changed. Like they just think, well, this is this is it that's so weird, right, Like it's so weird to me because maybe and I mean, this is something you and I have always had in common. Why we even started this podcast, why this is even like the topic of this podcast is, like, I have no idea who I'm going to be in ten years. No, At the same time, I feel like I'm very much, in a lot of ways the same person I was ten years ago, right in a way. And I think just in terms of like core values and like, I don't think my personality has changed that much since like ever, but I think that I've grown in ways I could not have possibly imagined. I think I'm more resilient and tougher than I could have ever imagined.
Speaker 2: Like I thought I was so tough when I was younger, and I look back and I'm like, you were a sheep.
Speaker 1: But I looking ahead, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I have aspirations, hopefully of who I'm going to be in ten years. I widen my eyes at the same time that you said aspirations and I just want you to know that that was not because you said aspirations, but it was because I was writing down twenty thirty five and I was like, what, how how is that a real number that we are gonna hopefully be alive for, you know, like we're.
Speaker 2: Going to be alive. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the idea of just like, oh no, I'll just be this but ten years older, I don't know. There's something that kind of makes me sad about that mentality. But also don't you remember being like eighteen and being like, well, I guess this is it.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is.
Speaker 1: As this is it. I'm going to be like this is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or I remember like freaking out about turning thirty goding like right, and it was so the beginning of so many things.
Speaker 2: I hadn't even broke booked Brooklyn when I came through.
Speaker 1: It, Like I mean, think about brag. But how I know everybody has to go through it. They have to go through their own little like oh god, I'm so terrified it's turning thre you know, I understand that, But from the other side of it, it's like brah, you know, like it's great, it's awesome, It's there's nothing to be scared of. You can be dead inside when you're seventeen, or you can be the fullest, most alive version of yourself when you're eighty seven. It's all about like how you're holding that inside, you know. Yeah, I just I wrote down twenty thirty five, two thousand and forty five, twenty and fifty five, and then I'm going to write how old I'm going to be next to each of them. But then I stopped doing because my hands started sweating. My back's also sweating when I'm thinking about this, So apparently I'm also nervous about these resets that are coming up in my life.
Speaker 3: More Better.
Speaker 1: Anyway, what'd you learn today? I learned that I'm terrified of the future. Jesus.
Speaker 4: I learned that I think I've been through a lot more resets than I ever thought about. And it's all okay, but it's all like good. I think most of the resets. I mean, of course, there's some. We didn't even talk about bad resets. Dealing with bad resets.
Speaker 2: We don't need to.
Speaker 1: This podcast is called More Better. It's okay, you know, let's keep it pause. But yeah, but that like I think, I think, I really like the idea of a reset.
Speaker 4: I think I like the idea of it being an option as a way to like move forward or have some or feel just movement, like I'm in control of changing the narrative, or I'm in charge, I'm in control of reframing the situation right, because that's what sometimes a reset is, is just reframing the thing right to help yourself work through it or get on the other side of it, or process it.
Speaker 1: Take the cartridge out blowing it, put it back to blowing it. If you get that reference, we love you so much, gen Z is not going to get that I love you so much. You're in the right spot.
Speaker 4: If you don't get that reference, Good for you for being here, because I did not.
Speaker 1: Seek out this type of narrative when I was your age. So welcome, welcome. Do you feel a little more better? I always feel a little more better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I'm with you, Okay, I'll talk to you next time. Then next time, bye bye, more and more better. Do you have something you'd like to be more better at that you want us to talk about in a future episode.
Speaker 4: Can you relate to our struggles or have you tried one of our tips and tricks. Shoot us your thoughts and ideas at Morebetter pod at gmail dot com and include a voice note if you want to be featured on the pod. Ooh More Better with Stephanie Melissa is a production from WV Sound and iHeartMedia's Mikudura podcast netw hosted by Me, Steffie Beatriz, and Melissa Fumero.
Speaker 1: More Better is produced by ISIS Madrid and Sophie Spencer Zebos.
Speaker 4: Our executive producers are Stephanie Beatrice, myself, Melissa Humero, along with Wilmar Valderrama and Leo Clem at w V Sound and ISIS Madrid.
Speaker 1: This episode was edited by ISIS Madrid and engineered by Sean Tracy and features original music by Madison.
Speaker 2: Davenport and Hello Boy.
Speaker 4: Our cover art is by vincent Remy's and photography by David Avolos. For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: See you next week's suck Us.
Speaker 1: Bye