Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move then today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepga and I'm joined by Bloomberg's Breaking News editor Louise Moon. Good morning, Louise. Let's start with shares in Puma, which are doing really well. There is talk of m and a.
Speaker 1: There is, indeed, so China's Anta is one of the companies that's said to be weighing a bid for Puma. So Anta is one of China's largest sports companies. That there's kind of three or four that cover the top ones in China, and Anta is one of them that's been on quite a big buying spree in recent years as well across the globe. So it's listened in Hong Kong. It's said to be working with advisors to evaluate a potential bid for Puma, and if it does, it could team up with a private actually firm to make that bid. There are other bidders that they also being named, so Leaning is another one that's another Chinese company and Asex also a Japanese company. So, as you say, Puma sees surging on this news, up as much as fourteen percent this morning in Frankfort. Before that, they had dropped more than sixty percent so far this year. So they've been trying to kind of revamp themselves under their new CEO. So they've been kind of a lack of enthusiasm for a lot of their products in recent years from consumers. That and as I say that, they're revamping themselves. As part of that, they're cutting jobs, about nine hundred jobs. They're sharpening their focus on kind of their core and revamping marketing efforts as well, so telling their stories in a better way. So, yeah, shares haven't been doing well, but soaring on the back of this potential M and A that could be coming. So we'll be keeping an eye.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I don't know and toer the brand, but apparently basketball trainers are huge and they still have massive souls if anyone's wondering. This's also well continue a bit of the retailer theme. Boohoo a firm with a name change on the horizon.
Speaker 1: Really Yeah, so they brought up Debenhams, a while ago, and they've been talking about changing their name to Debenlam's Group, and they say that that is finally gonna happen. So this came alongside their first half results and shares a swing on the back of those, up about twenty four percent at one point this morning. So revenues did still drop. So first half revenue dropped twenty three percent, but it was narrower losses than had previously happened for Boohoo. They also spoke about that their Debenham's brand in particular being very strong. Debt is a bit lower and for your guidances is above what some analysts had expected. So some positives as they turned themselves around. They've been embarking on a huge turnaround plan. They say that this is gathering pace and doing well and starting to reap those results, so looking forward, things are starting to look more positive. They also announced a new management incentive plan kind of a longside or as part of this turnaround. So yeah, some positive indications ahead for Booo, which has been struggling in recent years.
Speaker 3: Lastly, student housing Unite nearing a load today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've issued a profit warning this morning. As you say, the student accommodation provided us. So they're saying that a weak market will push their earnings down by as much as ten percent this year. So this is reflecting what they're saying, This is a reflecting lower occupancy property activity and rising finance costs. So student housing had kind of been a bit of a bright spot in the wider sector, but it's been slightly weaker more recently. There's been doubts over demand from international students, some overbuilding in some areas as well, and of course the budget yesterday there was a charge for international students for universities, so the charge per student as well, so that potentially could also could also weigh So Unite Group issuing this profit warning and yet shares hitting ten year.
Speaker 2: Loansmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.