Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys have now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: Everson Walls mugging for the camera here as we kick off the twenty twenty five season here on Mickshall.
Speaker 2: How long do I do this? Guys? How long do I?
Speaker 4: As long as you want your fans to see you? Just do you have a message for your fans out there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at the back of my head, it's great.
Speaker 4: All right. We are here and there are no football players on the football field, but there were football players in the locker room and at the start and Frisco earlier this morning. And I'm sure Mickey Spagnola was up bright.
Speaker 5: I was bright, and early eight o'clock you had some guys in there. They came in, started their exit interviews and kind of filtered through the locker room. We had a nice talk with Malie Cooker, I think Michael Parsons at the end wave to DeMarcus Lawrence came through and had a really good discussion with Demarvi and overshow too, he is just the best. He's got a big old brace on his knee, he's on these big metal crutches and as positive as ever.
Speaker 2: Just give me nine.
Speaker 5: Months the exit interviews today, So for him, how come I'm not in stereo. I just hear myself my right ear. But other than that, yeah, I can hear you guys. So yeah, there was there was guys trickling through some just kind of you know, shooting the ball.
Speaker 4: And now my understanding is it wasn't the the typical exit interviews this year. They were doing the position coaches and and the exit interviews by requests perhaps with the head coach whatever and so.
Speaker 5: But not lining up, not lining up for three ninety guys.
Speaker 4: Usually it's a it's a process where and in fact, I think they already know what their assigned time is or they sign up for a time with the head coach Monday Tuesday, sometimes it bleeds into Wednesday.
Speaker 5: And so that's sure they did that. There wasn't this long gauntlet today.
Speaker 4: Well, and the other thing that typically happens is Jerry talks to the team in a meeting on the day after the season and Jerry talked to the team in the locker room after the game yesterday, right, so that got sped up and what is normal, and that's why the whole postgame scene took longer than what it normally does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he did a deal with the assistant coaches probably for ten minutes or so, no Mike today, and then the players for a while, and then they started trickling in and out of the What.
Speaker 4: Time did the locker room open this morning for the media for the media eight o'clock and players were already in there now later.
Speaker 5: The coaches came out of their meeting in the team room at about eight oh five, and then the players went in and then they started trickling through.
Speaker 4: So it wasn't a long meeting at all with the head coach, it was not.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think we did it that way back in the day. Did they just start doing it with this.
Speaker 4: Interviews for it goes back throughout the Garrett time here, right, so at least the last ten to twelve years.
Speaker 5: Although back then at Valley Ranch, I think that Monday, when the season ended, however it ended, we weren't allowed in the locker room. We had to do interviews out. You remember those days, Yeah, in the parking.
Speaker 4: Lot, remember that. But I also remember being in there with cameras with players, trash bags up, getting that way.
Speaker 5: I just remember stopping cars kind of driving out. Somebody were but that somebody was just wait, somebody would roll down the window.
Speaker 4: That was after nineteen ninety six, I mean nineteen ninety six, Yeah, after the Michael Irvan. Probably stuff we the Michael Irv and stuff when we there were helicopters hovering over the parking lot in Valley Ranch.
Speaker 5: And then suddenly we had rules and live shots.
Speaker 4: We could no longer. We no longer had unlimited access.
Speaker 2: It's always small.
Speaker 4: Change we used to It was so much better.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: We used to be able to park alongside the players in the parking lots, you know at Valley Ranch, and we did that with the Mavericks to their practice facility out in North Dallas.
Speaker 2: You know it.
Speaker 4: He'd be right alongside Rolando Blackman, opened up my truck door and bang into his, you know, at stretching up his Mercedes.
Speaker 5: At lunchtime, somebody somebody was in the locker room selling jewelry, selling suits, selling.
Speaker 2: There. You know, Can I wash your car?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this is in the regular season now, on a Monday after a game, I mean, we would be out marketplace. If Troy Ateman tweaked the knee or an ankle in a game on Sunday, we would be out there with our mini cams, you know, at eight o'clock in the morning to get Troy on crutches or just limping in, and then we'd sit in the locker room for four hours until the team meeting at one o'clock.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know that was okay, you know it was cool, But there's a there's a there's always a problem with everything. I recall when we had our issues with Tom or whoever on the season or whatever. You know, the players trying to talk like, man, you remember this and that, and you know we're fussing about this and being kind of caddy of course talking about somebody behind their backs.
Speaker 2: And there was always Jim Dent trying to peek.
Speaker 6: Around, you know, he had his ear towards you, acting as if you didn't see him around the corner, you know, trying to peek in on our conversations.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a bunch of crap.
Speaker 5: Well, you should include Gary Myers in that group.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, myus too, Yeah, myus too. He bought Well, you know what, Marius wouldn't sneak.
Speaker 5: You would just go just go right up there.
Speaker 4: You Yeah, Jim was the guy that was sneaky.
Speaker 2: Maus, the guy just get on your freaking nerves, all in your face.
Speaker 4: And then on days when we didn't have access and Jerry Orr was up in the tree.
Speaker 6: Yes, and we're trying to it's training camp. That was a whole different thing because you got a cat just trying to sneak out and go, you know, go to LA and have some fun from Thousand Oaks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good stuff. It was good stuff.
Speaker 5: So anyway, they the uh and because it was just right after the game, they still had I only saw one or two guys with the trash bags putting stuff in to leave because they still had their game bay bags and they out and they were processing bags. They've got actual No, no, these were not to take home. These were the ones they take to the state. And they were taking care of the shoulder pads. Somebody was wondering, why are they pulling tape off the shoulder pads, and I go, it's two way tape. So the jersey sticks to them tight, so you can't yank the jersey get away with holding.
Speaker 2: You have to explain that to some people.
Speaker 5: Well, they they had never been around it was a young person, Okay, been around the team that much.
Speaker 2: You were mentoring, Yes.
Speaker 5: Doing a good I was proud of my two way tapes.
Speaker 4: Okay. So do we dive into the elephant in the room now?
Speaker 5: However you want to do it. You want to talk about the game, we can talk about it.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about the let's talk about the we got. We're going to go all the way till noon. Okay, So we'll talk about the game in the next segment. But let's get into what we needed and what do we need to know about the head coach and the coaching staff and the timeline and what do you anticipate is happening behind the scenes here at the Star as we speak.
Speaker 5: Well, after listening, well I didn't listen. I read the transcript Jerry Jerry. Afterwards, he had a.
Speaker 4: Couple of sessions with the media. Watch one that went beyond twenty minutes and the other one went about twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: He went forty five minutes. Basically, they kept asking questions and he's kept because he started off saying, Okay, let's do this and get you know, real quick here. Forty five minutes later, he's finally done answering questions.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't do things quick and and if you.
Speaker 5: Read it all, it's like, what's he talking about? I mean, you couldn't come to what and what I meant? He said meaningful stuff, but he didn't say what everybody was looking for. It like, well, yeah, Mike's coming back, or he's not coming back, or I'm making the decision tomorrow.
Speaker 6: So there was the word soliloquy come into play. He's like, all of his interviews turn into that.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have to sit here and see if smoke comes walking out of the window of his office.
Speaker 2: He just pontificates, right, what it is a lot.
Speaker 5: Of that And so the only person I think that really said what he wanted to do was McCarthy because somebody pointed out to him that, you know, you've been linked to other jobs, would you has he uh, well, with other openings? Okay, yeah, like you know.
Speaker 4: I mean just connect.
Speaker 2: Like no one officials.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where if he decided he didn't had enough and he's just gonna you know, he becomes a coaching free agent a week from Tuesday, week from tomorrow. Who has does he have prior relationships with? And we've talked about New Orleans he used to coach there. Mickey Loomis is a GM we've talked about or others have talked about Aaron Rodgers and the Jets. I mean, you know, but Aaron Rodgers probably didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't count that, right, so go ask Adams, right, but you just connect the dots with whoever he's worked with before.
Speaker 4: It's oh, that could be a landing.
Speaker 5: So his answer to the question was do you want to still be here? And he said absolutely. He goes the job's not done. I build foundations, I build teams, and we still have work to do.
Speaker 2: What was he doing before he came to the Cowboys. He was.
Speaker 5: Doing research and practicing for a year, watching tape to know that he would like to continue coaching, and he didn't want to lose contact with the personnel in the league. With what teams were doing.
Speaker 7: Well, how many years had just one one, one, one and a half?
Speaker 4: Well, it was maybe five or six games left in the what two thousand and eighteen season when he was let go in Green Bay, and then he had a group of coaches that lived in the area in Green Bay that he had worked with previously, maybe some retired whatever. They would meet during the season just uh, just like they would have coaches meetings, you know, just going over trends in the league and what's going on week to week.
Speaker 2: Because he was so he basically he was still hungry.
Speaker 5: The coach.
Speaker 4: Didn't have never like he's never lost the passion, and he's got it more now than ever.
Speaker 6: I think, Yeah, I guess I asked that because I would think that if we had to do a bill place sales thing, that he would be more prone to come back, you know, because you know, we're the ones that plucked him out of retirement so to speak.
Speaker 2: I would think that.
Speaker 6: But but with him being still hungry when we when we started uh engaging with him, uh, he would still you you're thinking, I'm asking you this, would he uh still have that hunger to coach if he were to be let.
Speaker 5: Go from he yes, no doubt, that's yeah, Yeah, yeah, I think he would. I don't think he's ready.
Speaker 2: To He wasn't.
Speaker 4: He wasn't like, yeah, no, no, he's he's on fire.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, that's that's the one like that and that may.
Speaker 4: Be and that may be what Jerry wants to figure out. And yeah, sitting down with him this week and watch his plan you know, going forward. You know, I look back, remember the whole before.
Speaker 6: They also, I wonder if if the comfort zone here would have a lot to do with him leaving, his feeling about leaving, if he were to get I mean, if he was.
Speaker 5: Uncomfortable he yeah, yeah, Oh, I think he's handled it awfully well. And I think he understands better than everybody else out there with this GM thing with Jerry. You know, somebody wanted today make a big deal out of when Jerry said that he was unaware that Cooper Rush had another two hundred and fifty thousand dollars bonus if he actually played the whole game coming his way, right, And he said, yeah, no, I wasn't aware that we were going to do what we needed to do. Well, he and I don't know how many times we have to say this, but Will McLay and Stephen Owns take care of the day to day business, right and then he you know, has to sign off on whatever decisions are made. But he's not sitting there, you know, analyzing every day how many dollars have been spent on the salary cap. He has an idea, he gets a report, right, but he's got a lot of other things.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't mean no one in the organization.
Speaker 5: Is it just like all that if Jerry did well, no one else well, yeah they knew about it, but you know so, but people that aren't around here on a daily basis just don't understand the operation. But he's the one out front and that's the way he wants it, and that's the way it's always going to be. So so yeah, I think from a coaching standpoint, I don't know if it's a quick decision or what I think he knows in his mind. I think he knows.
Speaker 6: Okay, So switching from him to Jerry, Jerry's always got He's a businessman.
Speaker 2: He's got back up playing he's a businessman.
Speaker 6: Well he should yeah, So what what do you think his thought process would be if he were to make a drastic move and get rid of McCarthy.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you what he probably wouldn't do is just hire a coordinator without head coaching, without head coaching experience, I think he wants a head coach. That's why the other day did I say it in here? Somebody asked me who do you want? And I was like, I want a head coach. And I said, well, well, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Nick Saban, Oh, you mean that, I mean a head coach. The last time, you know, he hired somebody that he either wasn't totally familiar with or hadn't been here or hadn't been a head coach was chen in the lasted two years. So he'll say that that was a mistake to get rid of him that soon. What he doesn't point out that Chan Gaily and Troy Aikman weren't meshing very well, and so you know, he had a different idea of the offense he wanted to run and it wasn't what Troy wanted to run. Plus he didn't he was he was tired of Michael Irvin too, by the way, So and then Michael Irvin got hurt and that was the end of that season because he needed Michael Irvin. I kind of wrote that, and he didn't like it when he exited. Oh yeah, I wrote I wrote basically the guy he didn't want was the guy he needed, and then he lost him that early in the season, and then they didn't have any wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And he was leaving. He was leaving the ranch last time, and I was coming the other way down the breezeway and I said one too many things. I said something like, uh, well, coach, good luck. Then I had to hope you think I treated you fairly, and he said you did until this morning.
Speaker 2: You had to make it about yourself.
Speaker 4: No, I just it just came out.
Speaker 2: You had he had the guild. It was killing although you know what.
Speaker 5: I ran into him one year at the Senior Bulls after that, and he came up and talked about me had been together forever, and I was dreading it when I saw.
Speaker 8: No, no, not again.
Speaker 2: You need to take some self defense classes. That might be.
Speaker 4: That was That was back when coaches read what the writers said about the teams, because they got clips every day with all the newspaper.
Speaker 5: They still get them, I believe me. I don't know if they read him, but they get briefed, which was Waite Phillips down fault. He didn't he didn't pay attention to what was going on out there, and then he got surprised, and then his answer was, well, I don't know. Go see, asked Jerry. He's like, no, don't say that.
Speaker 6: So then Jerry is not looking at some analytics type of guy to come in here.
Speaker 5: I don't look for some guy that hasn't been a head coach. That's my percent. Yeah, like, oh, this is the next hot coordinator.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, Nick Saban coming here would.
Speaker 5: Be pretty entertaining. It would be, well, what's he looking for?
Speaker 4: You've played for Nick Saban?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did, but I didn't play for Nick Saban head coaching. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that guy Bill Belichick was.
Speaker 6: He's he's totally different from from that defensive coordinator in Cleveland back then with Bill Belichick. No, he is totally He has morphed into something else.
Speaker 4: Now, how different would this week be if Bill Belichick was still out there? Oh gosh, if he didn't take it to North Carolina, he.
Speaker 5: Did us a fall of favor. He'd be reported that he's buying a house, right, somebody will say he's buying a house in Dallas, which was happening. Was it after Switzer or after Wade? No, it was before Parcels or something. Everybody was buying a house here.
Speaker 4: So what do you think is going on behind the scenes? Are there multiple meetings that take place with Jerry and McCarthy? Is it one meeting? Okay, well, let's meet at two o'clock Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday afternoon or whatever? What do you what do you think the process? I think And one of the reasons I asked this, you go back to nineteen ninety four, March of nineteen ninety four, the Jimmy and Jerry thing, and it was a week long process of meetings once Jimmy became known that Jimmy wanted out, and then they went back and forth. And you talk about a media circus and getting back to the access that we had at Valley Ranch back then, And if we had the same media rules now that we had back then, what we would be doing right now is the media would be lined up in the hallways here at the Star like they were at Valley Ranch. We would be lined up sitting in the hallway between the coach's office and Jerry's office, and anytime there was any movement, all the video cameras would get up on their shoulders ready to shoot. And it was a zoo where Finally, Jimmy walks to Jerry's office and how many people were in the hallway Probably there had It was a fairly narrow hallway. I mean, there were fifty media members that Jimmy had to walk to to get to Jerry's office. This was like a three day long process. Jerry got the end of his work day one day, and the media just this swarm. Immediate was like a courtroom where a store where a lawyer is coming out of the courtroom and cameras are backbeddled as Jerry's walking to his car, I mean.
Speaker 5: And there were five live cam the right side with the antennas all the way up so people could know when they passed by the ranch if something was going on, because the antennas.
Speaker 4: Will be either that or the helicopters hovering over.
Speaker 5: Guess what, And they all got it wrong.
Speaker 4: That's right, And so yeah, exactly, that's the point.
Speaker 5: They said that they were coming back for another year.
Speaker 4: They had called the press conference. They had called the press conference, and everyone's scrambling, Okay, which is it? Is he stay in or is he going? And I'd say ninety percent of them if you were guessing, if you were in the right side ten percent that said that they were divorcing. You were only guessing. You didn't have any source to hear.
Speaker 5: A funny story. So I got tipped off before the press conference, like half hour before it, and everybody had written that they were coming back one more year. Well and Lacewell had kind of brokened it, like okay, guys, but's you know, And so they thought they had it brokeered. And then I found out that they're going to have a press conference in Jimmy's leaving. And it was my first day at the ticket and they had the little hookup in my office. We had those little three offices right there by the door the player's entrance, and they were going on and on and on, and I was ready to do my first report and it's like, I need to get on this thing is starting at noon. I need to let you know what I know. And they finally let me have the microphone and I said it, and everybody was like, are you kidding me? I go, this is my first day on the job. Do you think I would hang myself on something I don't have confidence in?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: And so Hanson Dale Hanson Channel eight had to go do a live shot and and he comes and he goes, are you sure. I go, yeah, I'm pretty sure. He goes, are you sure, because I'm gonna go with it. I said, well, you give me credit and go ahead and go with it. So he did. So Jerry starts the press conference, and you know him, he doesn't just come out and say it right. He goes on and on.
Speaker 4: And on, and I'm.
Speaker 9: Jimmy is at the press and I'm sitting there die and a thousands of debts right and Dale is in the back of the team meeting room up there and he's going.
Speaker 5: Like, get to it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was like and he finally said it, and I was like, oh God, thank god. But because it was against what everybody had recorded, write all the headlines in the paper and was coming back and uh yeah it was.
Speaker 4: It was a scary scary I got one on that it was when Wade Phillips was let go. I had it. I knew that it had been told to the coaches, and so we went with it. And but until it became official, I was as nervous as I've ever been in my career because you don't know whether or not. I mean, he could change his mind. You know, you don't know for sure that it's there, and so you know, I was working with Babeloffenbergh. Baby you heard anything, No, I haven't heard anything. Well, I know that this is true, that it's happened, but I there's also possibility he could change his by it.
Speaker 2: You didn't have the confidence went with it.
Speaker 4: We went with just like Mickey I was. Everybody else is reporting faith. But well you had enough sources that that and he didn't change his mind on that. That was middle of the season.
Speaker 5: He already h oh middle of the season when they let him go, not.
Speaker 4: Who they were going to hire middle of the season.
Speaker 5: Because when they hired him that that was a long process, by the way, I think it lasted maybe to after the Super Bowl, if I remember, because they had already hired Jason Garrett as the offensive coordinator, but they hadn't hired the head coach.
Speaker 2: How do you do that?
Speaker 5: Because he had a deadline at Miami, Jason did. The owner said, you can talk to him, and if you hire him, you got to hire him not as a quarterback coach, as a coordinator. And you have until this day and inside because I think that happened Saban left to go to l s U. Right, he was one year. He went down Alabama before that, Yeah, that's right, l l L. Then before oh that was long cut. Yeah, And so that was the deadline. So they had to if they were going to hire Jason, they needed to do it. They couldn't drag their feet. Funny story about.
Speaker 2: You got a bunch of stories.
Speaker 5: When he was the quarterback coach. It was his first year full time coaching, I believe, and it was training camp and the Hall of Fame game was being played that weekend. They had practice like on Saturday, and uh, Jason, Jason wanted to go to Troy's induction and he was scared to death to go. Ask Saban if he can you leave on Friday be back on Sunday? Right, So he finally worked up enough nerve to say, hey, you know it's my guy. I played with him. He goes through the soul spiel and he said, I was just wondering if after practice on Friday, I can fly get the camp and I'll be back on Sunday. You think that'll be okay? And Saban's answer is, do you think we can't hold a practice without you? And you can believe that, right, I.
Speaker 2: See it all man, Just a dead pan look on his face too, like like what are you here? Man?
Speaker 5: It would be like the commercial on TV.
Speaker 2: But the people I don't want this, I don't want that.
Speaker 6: This, ain't this this say that that's perfect perfect, That's a great commercial too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right man. You gotta love him.
Speaker 5: So, okay, I guess we have to take breaks.
Speaker 4: Well, we're about ten minutes past. We're gonna work two breaks into the next half hour. Okay, I think we may even mention the name Trey Lance in the next half hour if you want to. South Good and Mixed Shots continues in a.
Speaker 10: Moment Cowboys football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks?
Speaker 2: A kickoff?
Speaker 10: Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday morning swack brisket in the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miler Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 5: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti store. Letter Rip Troy.
Speaker 11: All right, folk, let's get started with the Yeddie French Press and cover this Stay's hot for hours and French Press thirty four as for U six four with the Cruise Yetty French Press.
Speaker 5: What mixed waterproof bags?
Speaker 11: Bags of waterproof some Versta waterproof, Devil's waterproof bag bags forts, most of water shoul get a Waterprove YETI bag. Dont smell something cooking po new cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, cornback, commerce pop pine and potatoes. Next over, well three sizes of Yetty cast iron.
Speaker 4: Skillers, gear gifts and product experts.
Speaker 5: Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 8: Today.
Speaker 12: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Ruscott Kitchen slides for the first down.
Speaker 12: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 12: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Demict shuts.
Speaker 6: The Dallas Cowboys out of the legacy of Bob Billy through the Bob Lilly Award, presented by Ryan, awarded to the current Cowboy who demonstrates the highest level of achievement, sportsmanship, dedication, and leadership. Cash your vote now and help choose the player who best embodies the qualities that made Bob Lilly one of the greatest Dallas Cowboys of all time. Visit Dallas cow Boys dot com slash Bob Lily and cast your vote today.
Speaker 5: He and his wife Anne were on the sideline.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was crust just Oh my.
Speaker 6: I was up I was upstairs, you know, we were in the in the suite, and I heard the ladies.
Speaker 2: Talking about him.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Bob Lila was down there, And I said, uh, so, you guys think about Bob liloo.
Speaker 2: Oh he's handsome.
Speaker 5: You know what, he's probably still is to death.
Speaker 4: He Bob Lily is eighty five years young.
Speaker 5: Five.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: They probably probably thinks he's eighty two, but no, he's Bob. And I don't know how, you know.
Speaker 4: We have to educate so many people on who mister cowboy is and just how great Bob Lily was as a player. Eleven time Pro bowler, a member of the nineteen sixties and nineteen seventies All Decade teams, seven time First Team All Pro, NFL one hundredth anniversary All Time Team. And if you're talking about the greatest Dallas Cowboys of all time, it doesn't take long to call Roll before you come to the name Bob Lilli.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what, you know, how you get older and you how to maybe shrink or shrivel up. He's still this big, cool, larger life right.
Speaker 4: Six five, two hundred and sixty pounds was his playing.
Speaker 5: Well, I bet he's six five to twenty five.
Speaker 6: You know, he reminds me of rifle Man. I'll just be tall. You know, he's got the got the walk. You know, I can just see him with that big cowboy had on rifle Man.
Speaker 5: So we should talk about what we did this weekend.
Speaker 2: Cool cool.
Speaker 5: Bill Bates uh was in town for to be the Legend of the game. So you know how they have a former player sitting up in a suite and they show him and they got his picture and they're the legend of the game. Well, they Bill Bates in and here's the picture from Saturday that Everson got on his phone of the group of us, and you can see John Geesick to the left, Steve Berline, my hero Dale, Hellistra, Michael Irvin, Chad Hennings, Everson, Ed Werder, myself, Bradsham, and Bill Bates. And I think what everybody needs to understand is Bill has had health problems for the last I don't know four five years. Oh ct is at how we describe it, and.
Speaker 10: He was.
Speaker 5: From the time I met him two years ago to this weekend, it seemed like he was more aware, he was more touchy feely. Was he understood everything. Yes, he can't verbalize greatly, but you know what, when you hug him, he would.
Speaker 4: Say, it's good to see you.
Speaker 5: Yes, And it was I think. I told Everson this. I said, I don't think I've ever grinned from ear to ear and shed tears at the same tight because we were close to Bill right even afterwards, the things he did. He would always be available.
Speaker 4: For interviews gets back to when we had access in the locker room all the time. We actually got to know the players and they got to know us.
Speaker 5: So the cool thing. And I told Charlotte this because I found out how it all came to being. Steve Burlin went to her and said, hey, you should do this for Bill. They decided that they were going to fly the entire family from where Bill and part of them came from, austra Okay, and not send America. No, they sent Jerry's Lane times to Australia. Well, one group was one of the kids was living in Australia right. But when they took the picture at the game. I swear I started counting the kids, their wives, the grandkids. There must have been like twenty at least twenty people.
Speaker 4: Right, he's got five kids, kids, triplets.
Speaker 6: Triplets, and he's got twin grandsons.
Speaker 5: Wow, and they got grandsons and there's a three I think there was three or four granddaughters. Okay, and Denise his wife all this time. They met at Tennessee, got married when they got here. She is an absolute saint, is taking care of him. She's got to go everywhere he goes. And uh, when I saw Charlotte and come down to the sideline and they hugged, and she's starting to cry, and I'm going, okay, I'm going to start right. But I told her, I said, you guys have gone a lot of things that people don't understand what you do, but this one here might be the best.
Speaker 6: That's you know me, I'm always talking trash about Jerry. You know, it's no big deal, but this is good stuff. He did not have to do this, and I'm glad you brought this up because you know, even a broken clock is right twice as far as I'm concerned, Jerry got this perfectly right, sending the plane over there for those guys man, and you know, trying to because at first they came to Denise and like, well, we want to bring in your family, and Denise's like, well, I got people in Australia.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: One of the kids lives in Australia with his kids and of course her grandkids, and man, they.
Speaker 2: Picked them all up. Yeah, they picked them all up.
Speaker 6: Let's go, let's get it down, let's be They were waiting, you know, wherever it was supposed to wait. They had to get all the grandkids together and get the kids over there.
Speaker 4: And so there's such a great scene.
Speaker 5: And going to the station. So going to the sideline, what all them there? I was talking with Bob Lily, Yes, and I told them, I said, you know they're doing this for Bill. There they come to the last game of every season. His wife Anne told me and I said, you know they're doing this. And I said, I think the suite they're in is like six twenty. It's on the star level. And he goes, well, I'm not sure where we're at. And then I walked over there and I saw him and I went back to Lily and I said Hey, he's standing over on the other side. He goes, oh, I got to go say hi to them. So they walked over said hi to him. Ken Norton had been on the sideline when back for warm ups. He came back over to hug Bill just watching that, Zim came over over Stephen the whole family.
Speaker 6: I think that's what got maur Yes, I think that's what got him maur Mour because he was with us the whole time and he was just you know, happy, yes, but he wasn't overwhelmed until we saw him down on the sidelines and they showed the picture.
Speaker 2: But when he was.
Speaker 5: Sitting there and these guys are telling war stories, especially Berlin and Hellastro and Novtex, and he's sitting there and I can see he's he knows what they're talking about.
Speaker 6: And that's that's when Denise leaves him alone. She leaves him alone when she's there, and he was just standing there and it was as if he was talking, you know, as if he was engaging. But they were talking and he was he was engaging physically, yes, because he was just standing there. He wasn't sitting down. He was just standing there and you can just he was laughing. You could just see him laughing, and it's hard for him to do that, you know, it's hard for him to even make a a other a sound. So we said we were with each other, we were talking about something. Then of course we embraced several times yesterday, but we said something.
Speaker 2: I said something made him laugh and he said he more than uttered. You could actually hear it. And she said she was surprised.
Speaker 6: He goes, yeah, Bill, that's right, because he doesn't utter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he whispers.
Speaker 6: At this particular time, he uttered something and I forgot what it was.
Speaker 2: But you know, the small victories man.
Speaker 5: And the other thing I learned. So we've been here eight years now. Maybe they don't remember, he doesn't remember. But they took a tour of the Star in the morning Saturday morning, and basically Denise said, that was the first time we've been in here, and I said, get out of here. I said, did you see you know his name on the Pro Bowl wall and all that? Oh yeah, we saw that the pictures. So when I walked over there. You know how they have the Pro Bowls by position and they pick out one player for that position to highlight and then everybody else has their names. So I said, it's down by the locker room right before you get there. And uh, I said, well, I wonder if they just did a special teams like not punter kicker, but special teams.
Speaker 2: Uh want to talk about the weekend?
Speaker 5: And uh. And so I looked and there was an st special teams. It had Jim Schwantz there and then it listed Bill Bates. And I'm going, well, the reason Jim Swantz is on there because Bill Bates was the first one to get named to the Pro Bowl for.
Speaker 6: That possession, right John courtesy John Madden. Yeah, courtesy of John Madden. He always spoke with.
Speaker 5: So that surprised me because I see it. I don't analyze it right, but I see it and it's like, huh okay. But anyway, the reason.
Speaker 14: The guy has the pictures are the guy who has the most.
Speaker 8: That's that's why they have a picture.
Speaker 5: So when you get the most, you get a picture, which wants was only one year?
Speaker 8: Was he the first guy?
Speaker 5: It was his picture, That's all I know.
Speaker 8: I mean, Bill was first. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 14: I know that the picture turns into the picture of the person when they have the most Pro Bowls.
Speaker 8: For the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Well I thought it said Jim Schwantz nineteen ninety six. Then it had Bill Bates nineteen eighty four, so who knows. But anyway, I think in that case you should make an exception, right, no doubt. Are you up there with the cornerbacks.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what you're talking about. This thing you're talking about, I.
Speaker 4: Gotta find right we walked out.
Speaker 5: We're going to go take a look. But anyway, that was a very heartwarming, uh afternoon, and then during the game on Sunday when they had the whole family taking pictures with Jerry and the rest of the front office with the Cowboys, and it was pretty neat.
Speaker 4: We ran this last night, saw and Bill Ellis and Arnold Payne, the photographer, our photographer CBS and Arnold Paine with Channel eight.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: I know they were there. Maybe been others there too. They got an interview with Bill and Denise, but Bill talked for he said, I'm so blessed. Okay, it was really.
Speaker 6: I wish they would give him more airtime. I know he was crying when they showed it. I just wish they because you know, when they do Legends of the Game, they kind of they hold in on the guy for quite some time. I wish they would have just just a little bit more airtime because.
Speaker 5: They well they didn't do a live shot. They just did the picture right.
Speaker 2: No, No, that was a live show.
Speaker 6: Oh you know why remember was just in the stadium at the edge of the end zone.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's right, that's right. Yeah, that's when they because they were used to doing the guys up they had because they had the whole family, they had the platoon.
Speaker 2: And it was so cool.
Speaker 6: But watching Denise work, uh you know the way she works, uh and all she has to deal with pretty cool stuff. Her and chouell uh they always had some type of connection and uh so we were just cool that she called. She called us, She didn't called. I wasn't the one that was contacted. She contacted so to make sure things got done. So Chuelle myself and Cherished, my daughter. We hung out with him all weekend. Yeah, they finally met you.
Speaker 2: And that was that was funny. They met you. Hey, we met Micky. Yep, that's him. Where's Bill? He's gallivant?
Speaker 5: I didn't that was but that was that was That was really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really good.
Speaker 6: And that was good to see Michael Irvin show up. Uh, you know, he's got a lot of stuff not on time, but no, no, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Mike gets there, were happy to see him.
Speaker 4: I'll go back one more little Bill Bates for me personally, this was I just looked it up. The Monday night game September ninth, nineteen eighty five against Washington. That was the forty four to fort that was on Joe's Joseph Thismand's birthday, and the Cowboys win forty four to fourteen. I was covering that game as a cub reporter for the TV station in Lubbock, Okay, and that was the first time that I ever did a satellite live shot after the game. We were working for the ABC affiliates. So after the game, I'm live at Texas Stadium and we needed a player to join us. And who was it that comes out of the Cowboy locker room it joins me for a live interview. It was Bill Bates, who would have been I guess his third year in the league now that was that would be his second year, second.
Speaker 5: Year, okay, eighty five, eighty three, eighty three. Did you still have that picture on the phone. Yeah, no, no, no one with you guys. The Thurman s thieves.
Speaker 2: Oh no, his hunted hat the oldest, the oldest triplet.
Speaker 5: So they got all the guys with their hat, their gangs, and then there's one white guy in the middle, and we.
Speaker 6: Touted how all of us were trying to look tough at which we mostly did a terrible job at it. But Bill Bates at the top of it because he's close to the light. There's menacing shadow over his part of the poster, and he looks cool as hell. Dude, I've always said this, he's the scariest looking one on the poster. He and Victor Scott, those two guys are right next to each other. You're like, those are the ones that you sitting out there when you want something done, because they looked like real gangsters. Very cool picture.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk about the game, yes when we come back here on Mixed Shots.
Speaker 6: Star Sports two is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, Tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 12: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Scott slides for the first down.
Speaker 12: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 12: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, Tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas with Star Sports Tours. You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 10: Today Cowboys football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Mornings Swagger, Briskey and the Smoker, Miller Lyte and the Cook, the America's team playing America's greatest sports. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 6: Shuts the biggest names in tennis head to the Ford Center at the Start in Frisco this February. Witness the top ranked Casper Rude and former Dallas Open champion American Tommy Paul dazzled the court as the Dallas Open moves to a new home. Catch all the hard hitting action and watch the top players on tour compete.
Speaker 2: Live. Tickets are available now at SeatGeek dot com.
Speaker 4: Wow Can I see that first second? That's okay, We're Goody's a big Mickey's a big up celebrity program. Mickey tennis.
Speaker 5: It's always part of my celebrity needs to be a little level couple higher. I think I wouldn't like to go to that game tonight, but it's too cold.
Speaker 4: So the FCS National Championship Game, the North Dakota State Invitational.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: State, Yeah, they are right at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then as far as the weather in the North Dakota States here, Virtue for the last twelve years has been there about every year.
Speaker 5: And I bet Trade Lance will be on the sideline his.
Speaker 4: Brother is playing in the game.
Speaker 2: Which one are they playing the team that has the red field?
Speaker 4: No, that's uh. They were here once, Eastern Washington.
Speaker 6: Eastern Washington. Yes, they were here once. I saw the videos. Yeah, that's what they have. They do a good job. They got Eddie Robinson Award up there and the Dorris Robinson Award at the FCS Award Bank.
Speaker 4: Really they have.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was a part of that of course, uh for several years. Uh.
Speaker 6: They invite me to come back every year, but it's always on the d I can't do it. But no, I've you know, when you start talking about Eddie Robinson, I think it's Buck.
Speaker 2: Buchanan Award is part of that. Uh event as well. So Grambling has this stemp all over that award. So that's why I love it.
Speaker 5: So, Trey Lance, what did you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what'd y'all think?
Speaker 8: By the way, Hunter Lipke is probably going to be there as well. Just let's stop, by.
Speaker 4: The way, the fact that Hunter Lipke was.
Speaker 8: A bigger role in the Cowboys than Trey Lance said this year.
Speaker 4: Hunter Lipkey though yesterday wearing the number forty. I thought it was great to see him get some touches with Bill Bates number on. Okay, did I did like?
Speaker 5: And he ran well yep, so the deuce.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, the question was Lance, Trey Lance. Ah, I was so.
Speaker 6: Frustrated watching him play because you see how well he can play. You see the talent, you see the potential, you see the probably the best looking quarterback in the uniform in the entire NFL right now.
Speaker 2: But there are those moments that.
Speaker 6: Just frustrate the hell out of me, and he never fails to give me those moments.
Speaker 2: The pass to.
Speaker 4: Random Cook Brandon Cook's Okay, yep, yep.
Speaker 6: Man, come on, man, It's like, how do you how are you that egregious when you are so talented and the man is so wide open you almost hurt the camera man over there when he threw that ball on that flag route where Cook was just wide open. It's just a simple touch pass. You've seen Cooper and.
Speaker 5: Dak do it, and we've seen that route turn into touchdowns.
Speaker 2: All the time. It's almost one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: And for him to miss it as egregiously as he did that, just that just it just took me right back to the preseason game. Not only that, there was a time when Turpin was open on the scramble down the sidelines.
Speaker 5: He threw off one foot. Why he when he makes a bad pass, it's all over one. He can't throw on the run, which is weird because he's kind of a mobile quarterback right.
Speaker 2: And his arm is great for that. Now he proved that he could do that.
Speaker 6: At one other point in the game, scrambled right to left, he came back right the receiver, you know, at the first receiver.
Speaker 4: Worst completion of the game, the tober. He was on the move and.
Speaker 6: You could see, I mean he hit him as he before he even broke open. The anticipation was there and I could see that. I was in the press box with Doug at the time. I'm like, man, that's that's nice, you know, that's that's that's what we're looking for from him. I'm talking with Doug Williams. And but then when you see the the past the turpen, you brought the safety over there to him, you lobbed it to him. Not only that, and it was out of bounds. You didn't even keep him in bounds when you threw the ball. And of course the most egregious one was the miss to ric o'daldle.
Speaker 2: I just had to start laughing and I just went.
Speaker 5: And once again he was throwing on the run.
Speaker 2: Didn't stop lasting. He could have done a dag on triple option pitch.
Speaker 4: To the guy she was trying to aim it and short armed it. And because he was so wide open.
Speaker 15: One of the things that to me, that's a narrative, but not the excuse.
Speaker 2: It's not an excuse you because he's so wide open.
Speaker 6: That's why you should have made that play as simple as it was handed to you.
Speaker 5: One of the things we noticed in training camp before he even played any preseason games was his accuracy was probably not what it needed to be and his recognition. He would miss guys. There was a couple of times in the end zone. I think once it was turping, once it was I can't remember who else it was wide open, but he never saw it. And it's like, well you got to see that.
Speaker 6: And once again but when you have the basic plays, uh, you see the talent.
Speaker 4: But again you see the talent.
Speaker 2: Routes in there the right way it needed to be.
Speaker 4: But it's not just not playing football games. It's not playing football practices.
Speaker 5: Right, you know, because the third quarterback gets nothing right and if you get anything, it's with the scout team, unless because he's mimicking other quarterbacks. But think about it, had played a real game since well I got second.
Speaker 4: He is the same age as Bo Nick's, Jaden Daniels and Michael Pinnis. They are all twenty four years old. I added it up coming into this game. Bo Nicks College and NFL has thrown twenty four hundred and seventy four pass attempts in games. Jayden Daniels nineteen hundred and six, Michael Pennock seventeen hundred and fifty two, Trey Lance and this is going back to twenty twenty twenty nineteen. He's thrown a total of four hundred twenty seven passes in games one season in college and which was three hundred and eighteen passes. It wasn't even a full I mean, he's playing at North Dakota State where they're not throwing the ball like they do at other places, and in the NFL just over one hundred going into yesterday. Basically he's had one hundred and fifty now in the NFL now.
Speaker 6: And the only reason I say that that's not all of his problems is because we've seen him perform the way a professional quarterback performs in most normal cases.
Speaker 2: So to me, that part of.
Speaker 6: It is is that's proven for him. But that when you miss a pass the way you did with Cooks, when you miss it passed the way you did with Donald, that has nothing to do with experience.
Speaker 2: You just got to that has nothing to do with experience. That's something that's in here.
Speaker 6: You realize that that's an opportunity, and you make that play. I don't care how much experience you have. When you see that that's going to happen. Something in your brain, from your brain to your feet, to your arms, whatever, it says, Okay, that play is.
Speaker 2: A gimme for me. I can do gimmes.
Speaker 6: I don't need practice for gimmes, and those were gimmes.
Speaker 2: You understand what I'm saying. That's what I getse.
Speaker 4: Know who what trainer he works for? I mean, what does he do in the off season as far as like what Dak does with the quarterback school that he's constantly Patrick mahomes with Bobby Strope who's over in West Fort Worth. And I wanted to see Trey Lance get with one of those guys, trainers, quarterback guys and hone. If you do it right, you got something exactly, you got something there. But it's just it's the repetition of doing it over and over and over again. And I'm talking off season as much as in.
Speaker 6: So yeah, we're talking off season. Yeah, we're talking off season.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'd sign him, and I've never heard this done before outside of NFL Europe days. I would sign him at a reasonable price. Yeah, I mean a million and a half whatever close to veteran minimum. I would loan him to the Arlington Renegades and let play ten games on loan. We're still you're still on our payroll, but we are loaning you to the Arlington Renegades. Where you can play ten games this spring and by what you can develop something.
Speaker 5: But you know what, Yeah I saw that. Uh but again, if you if you look at what, I think, I've only seen one quarterback get elevated from playing that level to the NFL. It was that PJ. Yeah Walker Walker, because but offensive lines are so bad. It's like the skilled player.
Speaker 4: I want him just playing it.
Speaker 15: I want him playing regardless of I.
Speaker 4: Don't care about the results. I don't care about the results.
Speaker 2: Just play and I don't get hurt.
Speaker 4: And I want him under duress too. He's got a run, he's got to scramble and my throws on the run.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that deep ball to Turpin. When I went back and looked at it, he threw off his back foot in the air, and yeah.
Speaker 2: He was. He looked at him and he kept looking at him. I think you want him to stop running.
Speaker 4: But but the key on that is your NFL contract is not dependent on how well you do in the UFL. You can't. He can't go to the UFL. I just want him to get some experience. Come on, let's get some experience. How's he going to get any experience?
Speaker 5: Because back in the day when they had NFL Europe, you can do become him Hall of Famer. Which which of the quarterbacks that played baseball did the Cowboys do that with? It was the kid from Michigan, Drew Henson. I think he went It was either him or Chad.
Speaker 4: Chad Chad Hutchinson, d Hutchinson.
Speaker 5: One of them did it. And but when you watched, uh it was it was. I think it was Henson because Parcels was the coach and Parcells was basically like, you got to cut it loose, you just got it cut it because he wanted to see everything perfect right and he was scared to pull the trigger and quick enough, which is some of what he went through. But other than that, with three with six seconds to go, they were beating a playlayoff team nineteen to sixteen and had only scored one touchdown. Think about this, scored one touchdown since Lamb went out, he played two games. They've scored one touch on.
Speaker 4: Ready and their backup quarterback played better than.
Speaker 2: He was, diming man.
Speaker 4: They scored touchdowns on three out of four possessions, three out of four possessions of the second halfdown.
Speaker 2: He didn't just stumble into things, No, he was I mean even.
Speaker 5: The touchdown passed that was a dime.
Speaker 7: That was a right that was and the fourth th I don't think could have gotten that if he saw he was covered. I don't think he got if he was turned around, and I don't think he could have. Actually, it was just the timing and the positioning.
Speaker 5: Was and then the fake on the fourth and one.
Speaker 2: Oh I do.
Speaker 4: How about Hooker? Yeah, let's celebrate. Did you see Hooker? Yes, doing it.
Speaker 5: And then all of a sudden hook relayed. Oh, I got to save the touchdown here, I got to make a tackle.
Speaker 2: That was I never saw. I got to see the I never saw it. I didn't either I got I've never seen the replay.
Speaker 5: I've got to see it because I saw him making the tackle and I said, oh, it's a five yard loss.
Speaker 6: Great, great play, great play. My best players I've ever seen, well and my best players I've ever seen.
Speaker 15: He didn't scheme wise, they didn't have the ball and uh Micah bit down right right, and then lea foul was Leo there? Yeah, yeah, which was a shame because he played well too.
Speaker 5: They got something and Leo foul by the way, and I think Zim pointed out that they think his futures at middle linebacker the green dot. Yeah, and and the fact that it seems like in these days the middle linebacker doesn't have to be built like that.
Speaker 4: And I thought when they drift, look at Kendricks.
Speaker 5: He's not that big, but he's smart.
Speaker 4: He fits the profile of Eric SAMs.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: I thought when they drafted him that Zimmer probably saw Kendricks some Kendricks and Leophel.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, and uh, and he's played.
Speaker 16: Well we're twelve o three yeah, we uh, there's so so but okay, one last, one last, we're the only doesn't mean you can go all day just throwing it out that.
Speaker 4: We got up, because we're not until next Monday at Chris and tell me we got on prediction. Okay, all right, what are we talking about next Monday at eleven am?
Speaker 2: We're talking about Washington losing.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're talking about Washington losing.
Speaker 5: I think we'll talk about Mike McCarry being back.
Speaker 4: Okay, there we go. All right, that's what I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear you.
Speaker 14: Hutchison and Drew Henson both were out. The Cowboys sent them to the Ryan Fire.
Speaker 5: Okay, both of them. Both of them went, I was thinking one.
Speaker 2: For you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you to follow up on the conversation producers Supreme, the NFL europe historian.
Speaker 5: And we never pointed out that the Cowboys now have the twelfth pick in the draft.
Speaker 2: Okay, and who has the first pick all off season?
Speaker 4: The first pick? New England wins the game, so they no longer have the number one pick, and they fired the coach and Doug Peterson got fired.
Speaker 6: You had one job expectful exactly, Well, what do you expect from Mayo? Man, you're gonna fire this guy? What do you expect from man? That's a black thing. Man.
Speaker 4: As soon as brabel is, as soon as Brabell interviewed with the Jets, he got he got very high on Bob Crab's.
Speaker 2: Radar, crazy boy crazy.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you what. Aaron Glenn Yeah needs a head coaching Jay, and not just because of how he coordinates a defense, just who he is that I think it was just one year here, maybe two at the most. Yeah, first Aaron O three, I know he understood the game.
Speaker 2: So I got.
Speaker 6: I love the Trust coaching staff. I just love the whole staff. The guys are good they they're good. They all it's like they all believe together, right, you know what I mean. Dave Campbell, Dan Campbell Man, I just I like him all. I like I like the way Glenn coaches. I like that demir demeanor on the sideline. That that entire team they remind me of a college team. They remind me of college national championship team. That's that's how they they're built.
Speaker 4: They've built that thing in the last four years.
Speaker 7: Nice and their first round winning and passing, pretty good running backs.
Speaker 2: Yes, man, good stuff.
Speaker 8: You know what he used to do to me all the time.
Speaker 4: He's gonna keep gentlemen, Welcome to overtime.
Speaker 5: We're in overtime. It's either a touchdown or lose. Right.
Speaker 8: That one was for Douglas Barflow, just letting you know.
Speaker 14: He's been waiting for me to just play that every.
Speaker 8: Every day, like, hey, can you hit the hit the referee?
Speaker 5: Yeah, gentlemen, welcome to overtime.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: There was there was another thing we were talking about this Yeah, yeah, the hit that and.
Speaker 4: That wasn't by the way, it wasn't an errant.
Speaker 5: No, No, he was trying he.
Speaker 4: Was trying to do it was we all understand that, right, That's why I wanted to do a pinpoint accuracy. Yeah, all right, that does it for mixed shots and who knows what will be talking about next Monday at eleven am, No Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboy