Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft show, your war room for incenter news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: The Dallas Cowboys Click Tyler.
Speaker 1: Trip and now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: Today is Wednesday, April nineteenth, twenty twenty three, as we are now eight days away from the NFL Draft in Kansas City, just over a week and by the time we record tomorrow will be one week out.
Speaker 2: How about that? From the NFL Draft. It flew by. But we are here and.
Speaker 3: We've got back to back episodes Wednesday and Thursday this week to get you ready heading into the week of the draft. We've got the entire crew here in the SWBC studios today. Brian brought us, Bobby Belt, Zach Walchuk, Ayesha Morrison. I'm Kyle Yeomans. Everybody ready, Bobby, great to have you back, never better. Ready to go, man, locked and loaded.
Speaker 2: Who's the pick at twenty six?
Speaker 4: Go Michael mahyor Wow?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, tight end talk.
Speaker 6: I think it's going to come down to two. I think the I think Mayor is clearly in play. I think right.
Speaker 5: Darneld Wright from Tennessee.
Speaker 6: I think is in and I think if b Jon Robinson gets to him, I think they would take him.
Speaker 4: I think Will McDonald needs to be part of that discussion too. Yeah, I mean, honestly, it's like eight names. I feel like it could be potential there, depending on what breaks ahead of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think the Will mcdonald' stuff in two, and I would throw in Drew Sanders as well. Yeah, that's how open the thing is at twenty six. But if you asked me to handicap him, I think the Mayor.
Speaker 2: Pick is one that I would I would really look.
Speaker 3: At Mayor over Kincaid or is it you expecting not to beat?
Speaker 4: I think Kinkaid's the first off the board.
Speaker 2: So for them.
Speaker 7: Based on what Stephen Jones told us in one oh five three the Fan yesterday, the way that he was describing these tight ends, it basically narrated down to it and maybe that this is also the smoke you know, you got trying, Hey what's the bee as, what's the fluff?
Speaker 2: What's real?
Speaker 7: But the way he described the tight ends, it's you gotta be able to block in line and then what else can you do? In terms of being a pass catcher that to me eliminates Musgrave. And I think Mayor and Washington are the two best complete when it comes to blocking and pass catching ability. So i'd look at those two. But you guys know, I have Kincaid one. I agree with Bobby though, the way we're getting closer to it, I think it's likely you could have Kinkaid and Mayor both off the board. And I think you're right, Brian, because I don't think Darnell Right's gonna make it. Drew Sanders might very well be in play here at twenty six.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you mentioned Darnell Washington. He also brought up a name like Martell's Bennett.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The comparison, yeah, absolutely, And when you have Michael McCarthy here, yes, wait, you make me sick.
Speaker 7: Bob, that's a Super Bowl champ right, stop it, stop it.
Speaker 8: But no, like I was just saying, like, when you talk about tight end athleticism and all that stuff, he mentioned Martell has been it too, So I thought that was along the lines of the Darnell Washington think.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's been the comp I.
Speaker 3: Guess to him, do you think Darnell Right, do you think it hurts him or helps his case to be there at twenty six, the fact that he is not pigeonholed into the tackle spot because he does have that guard flex, that position flex that can either help your stock or it could hurt your stock. What does it do for Darnell Right?
Speaker 4: I think it helps him because I think it's one of those things where it's not viewed as like it's not the issue with Scaransky Right, where it's like you may have to have him play guard. I think with Right, it's we can also have him play guard, and so I think that the way they view it as they look at it as he has flexibility, not necessarily that he has to be kicked inside to have success or anything like that. I think that, you know, there's a belief throughout most of the NFL community that Right could play tackle. I would play him at guard, but I think most people probably feel like that guy can play tackle, and if he has any trouble there, then we can look at him at guard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think he is a tackle, and I think he's the best right tackle in the draft. I think he's the third best tackle overall in the draft in my opinion. Right Paris Johnson and Broderick Jones from Georgia. But I do think he would be Scarnsky is a guard. I have Scron's guard.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think he's far and away the best guard in the class. And we can get into that later, like if there's a player you trade up for. To be honest, he's the only one that I think I would He can be that big of an impact I think for the Cowboys, especially when you look moving forward about Zach Martin getting older, I think that there's a lot of value there. But right to me, I would be hesitanting because I think I would want to play him at right tackle immediately. I think he might end up being the best right tackle on the team. And I love Terrence Steele, but I think he's a more well rounded player. But the ability to kick inside and play left guard is certainly something that will help him.
Speaker 6: Darnell Wright's a better player than what Tyler Smith was last year coming out of Tulsa.
Speaker 2: I'd agree with that.
Speaker 6: I mean and so and you see what they did with with Tyler Smith, and but they were able to make that work. Darnall Wright is a mean human being and it reminds me very much of Ron Leary playing guard.
Speaker 5: Here how mean Ron Leary was.
Speaker 6: And if you want to get back to if Mike McCarthy's talking about running the ball and being stout up front and all that, Darnell Wright makes a whole hell of a lot of sense.
Speaker 5: We've talked about the guards, you know.
Speaker 2: You know from Florida or TCU.
Speaker 6: But I think to me, if you this guy's the nineteenth best player on my board, Darnell right, and if you had if you let me pick him at twenty six, I'm handing that card in and I'm going on because I know I'm gonna plug him in and I'm let him play left guard. I'm going to keep Tyler Smith at left tackle, and I'm going to have a mean left side of that offensive line.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 7: And as we get closer to this, Aisha, He's kind of becoming my dream scenario there at twenty six.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I mean, and also too, when you talk about some of the names we've talked about from the guard position that are later maybe later in the round, guys like a Via, you say to yourself, well with Darnell Right, in my opinion, like if I think you have a better I don't feel like a lot of people feel like you're reaching if you take a via twenty six. I don't feel like if Darnell Wright is there, I'm okay. I'm okay with it because I understand what he can do in the run game, especially establishing like the physicality at the second level a man, it's important.
Speaker 7: It is, and his ability to me against elite competition. I felt like in the big games he played better. You look at the year that Tennessee had, They're not having that without Darnell right out there. And what he was able to do against Will Anderson b j o Jaalai. We've talked about this and those are two of the premium edge rushers, not only in this draft, but last year in the entire country in college football.
Speaker 2: Darnell right handled him. That's why I think he.
Speaker 7: Is a tackle, but the position flex for the Cowboys, being able to plug and play at left guard.
Speaker 2: My gosh.
Speaker 7: I think it'd be a great value pick, and I think he would immediately help them come day one at training camp.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that he would dominate mini camps. In camp.
Speaker 7: We're gonna be like, Wow, this is awesome, Tyler Smith. We're excited about You're right, Bryan, This kid's better.
Speaker 6: I think mel I think mel Kiper in his last mock draft, had right already gone.
Speaker 5: I think he had he had right going ahead of the Cowboys. So our friend sixteen sixteen Washington commanders.
Speaker 3: Arncle And and Dame Rugler had to go twenty one too. I think there were a couple of spots where he was gone. Now, on the flip side of things, we've talked about offensive players at twenty six.
Speaker 2: For nine months.
Speaker 3: I mean that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but forever we have talked about offensive players.
Speaker 2: What does it say if the Will.
Speaker 3: McDonald's of Iowa State and the Arkansas linebacker Drew Sanders are the pick, Brian, what does that say about your current state of your football team?
Speaker 2: The fact that.
Speaker 3: Offense has been the pigeonhole pick for so long, but now it's okay, let's go with the best player available.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 6: It tells me a lot that Dan Quinn carries a big stick in that draft room because he went out there and you know he's worked these you know. The thing about with Sanders Sanders makes a lot of sense because I usual talks about this quite a bit too, with the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: If you look at like.
Speaker 6: The they're too deep on defense and stuff like that. Their linebacking corps has some questions to it. Yeah, And the one thing that you could do with Drew Sanders is we've seen his ability to rush, and we know that Dan Quinn likes to take linebackers and like make them have that ability to create.
Speaker 5: That opportunity to pass rush. Drew Sanders can do that.
Speaker 6: He can he he It's one of those guys that just doesn't come off the field.
Speaker 5: I don't think people are talking about him near enough.
Speaker 6: But I think to his ability and what he's capable of doing and how he plays would be a really good fit because Dan likes to use his guys in a lot of different ways.
Speaker 2: Drew Sanders fits that. Bill.
Speaker 7: The one thing about Drew Sanders, I think he needs to get stronger, you know.
Speaker 2: I feel like when linemen are able.
Speaker 7: To get to the second level they get on him clean, that's where he'll struggle to get off blocks. But Kyle and I we've been covering this kid since he was again Ryan being an absolute monster, so I've been able to follow his entire career.
Speaker 5: I love him.
Speaker 7: I mean, he's a thumper. When he hits you, he leaves remember me type of shots. The edge versatility is why I think a lot of people in today's day and age, especially when we've talked about this is a weak linebacker class fans would see or hear the pick of Drew Sanders and they'll think, oh my gosh, why are you taking off ball linebacker? He very easily could be the best, but the edge versatility that he brings you is something that we saw they were able to tap into with Michael Parsons. He shows that even more than Micah did coming out from Penn State, no doubt.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: My question for you guys though, is if you take a Drew Sanders in round one twenty six, what does that mean for Michael Parsons? Because when you start looking at Michael Parsons, I mean I've heard him numerous times talk about how many times him wanting to be more of a linebacker and be you know, have that ambiguity from where he was rushing from the DM position. We saw this past season he talked about getting his calluses and getting his mark.
Speaker 9: You know, playing that edge is not easy. So I wonder if they.
Speaker 8: Take you know, Drew Sanders first round. What does that mean for Michael Parsons? Is he going to be a d N more so or is he going to still have some of that linebacker flex or is that gonna be Is that gonna take him out of that position a little bit more?
Speaker 9: What do you guys think?
Speaker 4: I mean, the way Quinn I think calls defense, it would be a rotation of vander sh Parsons, Sanders, and they would all be disguised, so like it's different things where Parsons could rush or Sanders could rush, or you could have you know, Sanders looking like he's coming off the edge, Parsons is at linebacker, and it could be Parsons ends up rushing Sanders drops. There's different things. Sanders obviously is not. The comparison for me, pretty consistently on Sanders has been vander Rush. Actually that I mean, I think it's same size, same sort of athleticism you just get in coverage. Bill not as good in coverage, but he's better rushing the pass and wait. But it's the same question about getting off blocks in the facality. It's the same sort of issue. So I think they're similar players. I would to me, I think they view regardless of how they disguise it. They view Michael Parsons as a pass rusher, whether he's doing it from linebacker, he's doing it off the edge. Either way, they think he's a vgery.
Speaker 2: Sanders can run and chase though.
Speaker 7: Man, there was a play he tracked down Bryce Young when they were playing Alabama. I was like, Holy heck, this dude's got some fun closing speed. He would be a Swiss Army knife for Dan Quinn. I mean, I'd get excited about it. I got a second round grade on it. But when you're picking at twenty six, yeah, the likelihood of having a first round grade is not high. I don't think Drew Sanders should be a reach there at all.
Speaker 3: You didn't have a first round grade on I know, honestly, I have a first round grade bias, and I wanted.
Speaker 2: To put it. I just don't think there's a first round linebacker in this draft.
Speaker 3: He's the only one that's on my board. But I like him a lot in that regard. All right, we have, of course, one week until the draft. This is what Brian brought us as tabbed as lying season, Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's lying, Yeah you lie. We're not lying we're not even lying.
Speaker 4: How many media members did you lie to in your personnel days?
Speaker 5: You know I never did.
Speaker 4: Do you remember one where maybe I got somebody off the set?
Speaker 6: Soalth Palatonio from ESPN called me a liar when I was in Philadelphia twenty five you know, Sal Powell called me a liar.
Speaker 5: Twenty five years ago.
Speaker 6: I ran a draft in Philadelphia, and I got reminded of that when I was doing radio with you the other day because it's the anniversary of the Ryan Leaf.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir Manning, and that was the ninety eight draft.
Speaker 6: So twenty I remember doing a press conference before and talking about taking Trey Thomas. We really liked the tackle, and South Palatonio came up to me right afterwards just said, you're a liar, and I said, excuse me? Said he goes, you're a liar, And I said, what do you mean, I'm a liar? And he goes, you're lying about who you're going to take. I said, Sal, I'm not lying to you. You know, I had a chance to WP the radio station in Philadelphia that a guy named Gary Cobb. I think Gary does afternoons now with in Philly or does something. You know it does work still with WP. Cobb did an overnight radio show. I was sitting at the VET in Philly, the Old Stadium, and I was listening to his show.
Speaker 2: I was watching tape. It's probably three in the.
Speaker 6: Morning, just I couldn't just watching tape. And I heard it talking on the radio and he goes, He goes, I wonder who this Brian brought us is going to take.
Speaker 2: I called in.
Speaker 6: I told him we're going to take Trey Thomas. Is who we're going to take. He goes, no, man, you're lying to me. I said, no, I'm not lying to you.
Speaker 5: But that was before the era of Twitter and people like that.
Speaker 6: So if you were a truck driver or somebody a late night shift worker in Philadelphia, you heard who we were going to pick.
Speaker 2: Cause I told you. I told Gary Cobby put it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I told Gary Cobb, I said we're going to take Trey Thomas to tackle from Florida State. And he didn't believe me.
Speaker 6: And then time after I saw Gary Cobby's like, man, you you did it? You did And I said no, I just was you know, I didn't feel like I needed.
Speaker 5: To lie to you about that.
Speaker 7: Can you imagine if Bobby was in the front office. The amount of chum he'd be thrown in the water.
Speaker 2: Would be awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you would be king. Yeah, I might say that I was going to hire Condoleeza Rice as my head coach.
Speaker 9: Jail, Bobby Jail.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, the schefter got burned on that one.
Speaker 2: But that was a scheft dove climbing, that.
Speaker 4: Was a schefter report back of the day. Uh No, yeah, I you gotta you gotta stir it up a little bit, right, you got a sandbag a little uh and so I would imagine I'm stunned. You never once took advantage of it.
Speaker 2: Na, I didn't.
Speaker 4: He just rese psychology. You you made it sound so blunt that it had to be a lie.
Speaker 5: And really it's funny.
Speaker 6: We were smart, we were gosh, what was the kid's name, I can't remember. This was a draft and Larry Lacewell, it was a It was a kid that was from University of Texas. That was a safety. That was a Cornerten Jammer, Quentin Jammers. Gosh, good for young mind. That's good, good, good. Right, So we're sitting in the draft room.
Speaker 2: Real quick. Story time with Brian here today.
Speaker 6: Story Time but we're sitting in the draft room and myself and Larry Laswell and all the scouts are sitting around and we have the pick. It was Roy Williams draft is and we have the pick after we really like Quentin Jammer. Thanks for remembering the name. So we like Quintin Jammer, and uh, San Diego had the pick ahead of us, and the guy named John Butler was the GM and Laswell goes, I wonder what Butler's thinking about right now? So we're all looking at each other. He picks up the phone. He just hits a button and it goes to San Diego. He goes John, Larry layswell here in Dallas. He goes, who are you taking? He goes Larry, We're gonna take Quintin Jammer right ahead of you. And Larry goes, oh, okay, thanks, hangs up the phone, and we're all like Mandy, was he bluffing?
Speaker 2: Sure enough?
Speaker 6: He took Quinton Jammer right ahead of us. He just said we're taking Quin Jammer. And sometimes you could shock people that way. You just go ahead and say, yeah, we're gonna take whoever. You know, we're gonna take this guy. And you're really gonna take him, and people are going, there's no way. He just told us who taking.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that right after when Minnesota didn't turn their pick in on time and then everybody was running up like that. It was great.
Speaker 6: Well that No, that was the the Roy Williams draft was the one where we went down to two seconds on the clock.
Speaker 5: That's what Jerry had. Jerry had Kansas.
Speaker 6: City on one phone, in Minnesota on the other, and Carl Peterson. He got Carl Peterson in Kansas City, you woul admit who he was gonna take, which never happens.
Speaker 5: Did he got Frank gilliam from Minnesota to take who?
Speaker 2: He say?
Speaker 5: He goes, Jerry hangs up the phone because they're not taking our guys.
Speaker 2: Let's trade back which is the best pick?
Speaker 5: Kid?
Speaker 2: So we took it all.
Speaker 4: The way down, three teams to admit in ten minutes who they were going.
Speaker 6: Jerry got Carl Peterson to admit and got and got.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That the Quinton Jammer was before the draft, but that was the draft that quit that. Chris Hall we Chris Hall walks in the room of the draft room. He goes, did anybody call the NFL office to turn the trade in to send the PICKA send the trade in. Oh no, and it's Stevid Jones just immediately dives on the table.
Speaker 2: He hits the button. He goes it's Joel, Joel Bustard and he goes, Joel, we got a trade.
Speaker 5: We got a trade with Kansas City.
Speaker 11: And you can see the clock go five four, and then Robert Blackwell is in in New York, just kind of like going.
Speaker 5: He's like, and I hand in the car.
Speaker 2: He's like, I got no car, Almo. That was the same pass passed that they passed.
Speaker 11: So you pass, and then everybody can run their pick, yes, and it'll skip you.
Speaker 2: They can all skip me. You can pick at any.
Speaker 4: Moment, which is what happened right after that. You guys traded with Kansas City right right we trained. They got they took Ryan Simms, Ryan Simms, and then and then Minnesota didn't get their pick on on time. And then it's like two three people.
Speaker 2: Kevin Williams in that draft.
Speaker 5: It was it was crazy, but.
Speaker 4: Basically it's two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: I was, wait, you should YouTube that. It's pretty funny. It's incredible.
Speaker 6: We watched we were sitting there all like watching the car and then Chris Hall, God bless him, goes, did anybody turn the trade in?
Speaker 2: It's Stephen just spun and the table.
Speaker 11: Joe, we got a trade that the league called back, league called back and go Steven hit the button and goes, yeah, he goes, He goes Dallas and Buster comes and goes, Steven, don't you ever do that again?
Speaker 2: Steven's yeah, thanks, Joey, We're good man, We're good. Thanks, appreciate you all.
Speaker 11: But we were literally like the clock, I mean it's five four and that we don't have a card.
Speaker 2: I mean, everybody's thinking we hadn't you know what's going on here? And it was mass chaos the draft.
Speaker 3: All of this to be said, it is lying season, yeah, I mean lying season all the way through.
Speaker 2: So we have a little bit of factor fib around this draft. Okay, little factor fib. I'm gonna give you some. And Zach w took the sprinkle story. I loved it.
Speaker 3: We can we can push this to the third segment too, and we can get it extra in there too. But I've got these statements. I want you to tell me if this is a factor, If this is a fib. These are based off of recent reports around the NFL Draft and what could happen come next week. And I shall start with you on this one. Only two wide receivers will go in the first round of next week's draft. Is that a factor? Is at a fib two wide receivers.
Speaker 9: I think it's a.
Speaker 8: I feel like these tackles are going to go off the board fast FIB.
Speaker 3: I think morego, morego. I think if you had to put a number on it, how many you think it would go?
Speaker 8: I would say at least at least three, three to four at the very least.
Speaker 2: That sounds about right right. Jordan Addison, No, I.
Speaker 3: Think Jackson Smith and Jake Bow Flowers, Flowers, those would be Yeah about.
Speaker 4: John Flowers got invited to the combine means the NFL things he's going to.
Speaker 8: Flowers is one of those guys that people like I said, I think he's undenied. I think it's kind of hard to deny what you see on tape.
Speaker 2: It maybe hit that list I did.
Speaker 6: I was on the giants dot com the other day and all they were talking about was Jay Flowers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're looking at wide receivers.
Speaker 2: They're asking me about wide receivers.
Speaker 5: That's about corner.
Speaker 4: Have they not drafted enough joy sticky receivers the.
Speaker 9: Giants and they just let them go.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you that's right. That's it. They have a They have a team full of slot receivers, is what they do.
Speaker 2: But then Shepherd, but.
Speaker 6: They were talking about they were talking about Flowers. But I think it's interesting. I think your number threes. I think your number three is interesting.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 6: But you know, there's people some people say that it's just one I missed something I was like talking about, Yeah, just you know, But could you know Smith and Jigba.
Speaker 2: I wonder.
Speaker 5: I wonder how because I think if you ask teams around.
Speaker 6: The league, I don't think anybody has the same three wide receivers on the top of them.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think you give me your top ten receivers, and I guarantee you that it's not like the past where it was Chase Jefferson Lamb. No, uh, it's Addison, Smith and jig but Johnston. It's Smith and Jigba, Johnston, Addison.
Speaker 5: Flowers, it's Flowers.
Speaker 2: It's Flowers, Smith and Jigba. You know, yeah, some might have Josh downs in the mix.
Speaker 9: Some people think that Jalen High. Yeah, it's difficult to put your finger on.
Speaker 4: He told us he thinks some teams might have Tillman higher.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the then Cedric Tillman out of Tennessee is getting the most buzz right now of all the receivers. That one guy, the one who's falling also with side though, is Quentin Johnston.
Speaker 12: I blame you, Brian for what I blame I blame everybody because people want I mean, we're used to seeing some of these bigger receivers in the mix, and I think that they have to be in the like people are making them be.
Speaker 2: In the conversation.
Speaker 6: I was, I was, I was wrong about Joey Bosa now, but don't put this one.
Speaker 2: Joey bo I compared I compared him with Greg Ellison. Greg Ellis is a damn good player.
Speaker 6: I mean Joey bos Is like, I'm like, he could have the same sack numbers.
Speaker 5: Noah, Spence, you did like Spen Bobby.
Speaker 2: Hey, I've been doing this for twenty five years. I've been doing this for twenty.
Speaker 4: I've heard, I've heard you have the football the point to make.
Speaker 5: Where's my ring?
Speaker 2: Where's my ring? Where's where's it at? Uh, Zach, the Texans will trade over there. What do you do? Texans will trade out of the number two PIC next weekend.
Speaker 7: I think that's a fact. Oh wow, I think the Texans are moving out of that thing. I don't think it'll be the Cardinals, and the Cardinals are gonna get bleeped in this area. I think the Texans do not want to take a quarterback. I'm buying into some of this Tyree Wilson hype right now. I've been trying to talk to some of these Houston folks that I know. They don't they're not really true because Demiko Ryans is one of these.
Speaker 2: Guys that's lying. He's trying to pull everybody off sides.
Speaker 7: But I really do think their connection called the Liar, the guy that did go on and Brian, you've talked to me about this, Lance Zerline, Yeah, Lance Zuline. It was like a week or two ago. Mark's Tyree Wilson to the Texans. I started asking around some people that I know in Houston. They do like Tyree Wilson out of Texas Tech a lot. I think they're looking to bail and I think that they want to try and move back get some more picks because they're not in love with the quarterbacks. I think it's fact right now, if I have to bet, I think the Texans moved back from two.
Speaker 9: Host that quarterback right now, Davis Dennis Mills.
Speaker 3: Bye, That's the only question that I have is yeah, Davis Mills.
Speaker 2: But if you're not going to take Stroud or Young at one or.
Speaker 3: Two, there's a good shot you find a Levis or a Richardson or a Hooker, depending on how far you want to.
Speaker 13: They got another pick at twelve, they pick at twelve, they could probably have their pick of those three guys, maybe not one of the three, and it could just be you go from two to four with Indy, you know, or it's Tennessee.
Speaker 7: Tennessee's the sleeper in this that wants to move up from eleven for a quarterback, and they could stack up have back to back picks at eleven and twelve.
Speaker 2: M What do you think, Brian, you think they'd do something like that?
Speaker 5: I think I think he's onto something. I really do.
Speaker 6: Like Lancer lying down there in Houston. I think he is plugged into what's going on with the Texans. He has some crazy mock drafts and you know, but that's what the NFL is. It ain't all about chalk, It's about sometimes.
Speaker 5: You get to be creative.
Speaker 6: There's people already whispering about that that all these mocks that people have been doing are just gonna be ridiculously looked bad, probably because they're the teams are like, no, we don't see it this way. So if Zerline is telling me that they're not going to take it, I think that ownership And I don't know if ownership is strong enough to stand in there and say we got to draft a quarterback or do they really trust Nick to Sario and that crew there to make that happen.
Speaker 2: If you don't love one of those quarterbacks, why force that pick? Right?
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's I guess.
Speaker 3: And also not to mention you look at what could happen behind you too, because somebody could trade into three, somebody could do all these other things.
Speaker 6: And then I'll tell you this though, if I would have a hard time if I was Houston, because I know in my stack that I got Bryce Young is my second best player, I would have a hard time that if that, if that, if the Carolina Panthers didn't take Bryce Young, I would have a hard time passing on on Bright.
Speaker 2: That could be if I was, that could change this name.
Speaker 6: Because if if if Carolina makes some crazy pick that we really did they Okay, they've talked about Richardson, they've talked about others, you know, maybe Strout.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: But if they if they make some kind of pick where Bryce Youngsville, I ain't moving out of it.
Speaker 2: I'll take Bryce Young and here we go. Yeah, right with it from there. Do you think that Carolina takes Bryce Young or CJ. Strout? It's kind of seeming like it's funneling down to think I.
Speaker 4: Think Bryce Young right now at number one are minus twelve thousand in Vegas.
Speaker 6: You could have got it for plus two fifty and two weeks ago.
Speaker 7: All the rest of his pre draft visits to me, I don't think you do that unless Carolina has told you were taking or.
Speaker 6: Taking either that or you're trying to say that you know, you wonder you you know, in the top three or four need to take me because I ain't. You know, if you don't, if you want me to work out and all that, fine, but you know I'm done.
Speaker 5: I'm done with all that.
Speaker 6: I think maybe it's kind of like with Carter, you know, saying, listen, if you're not not a top ten team, I'm kind of interested in coming to visit you.
Speaker 4: More reasonable for Bryce Young to hold that position than Jayalen Carter.
Speaker 2: Sure, because that's going to be our next factor.
Speaker 3: Phil, Hey, how about this for a transition, Jayleen Carr or will not fall out of the top ten picks factor fib Bobby bill Uh.
Speaker 4: Won't fall out, won't fall out. Fact, he's not going to fall out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So now I wouldn't feel like I wouldn't feel comfortable staking a top ten pick on what it's clearly been a shoddy reputation with his work ethic and his off the field, you know, maturity and everything else. And so I wouldn't feel great about doing that. The Cowboys were in the top ten of the draft this year, I wouldn't feel good about any connection of Jayalen Carter to the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: I'm opposite of that, Bobby, because I feel like if I was in the top ten, I would have my FBI guys, my security guys, I'd had everybody there in Athens, Georgia trying to figure this kid out. The Film's too good.
Speaker 4: To be fair, though not just here in Dallas. Plenty of other places have sent their investigators. Felt good about a pick of a player, like putting it has gone.
Speaker 6: South, I'll go, I'll gamble, and that that's what the that's what the draft's all about, though, I mean, it is.
Speaker 5: Too good to Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 6: You don't want to sit there and pass on somebody that, like you say, if it's a bust. If he's a bust as a player, then you know what that's on.
Speaker 5: I deserve to get fired.
Speaker 6: If he's a bus because I didn't do my due diligence by sending my FBI guys in or my security team and learning about him or following him around or digging up information about him, then.
Speaker 5: Shame on me too. But I'm taking that shot.
Speaker 7: And he's like a position that he plays, you know, much like we've talked about tight end. There's so few game records at that position. I'm not passing on him. I'm gonna gamble, and if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to the top ten.
Speaker 8: I think, I think yeah, And if he didn't, I feel like, personally, I feel like I would immediately know something else, you know, what's going on. But to your point, I do think that the DT position specifically, just like the nose, is starting to become a not a knee, but something that people are looking for.
Speaker 9: And it's not that easy to find.
Speaker 8: It's not that easy to find sure guys that can stop the run and rush to do both. Yeah, I mean, it's it feels like almost either or at that position right now. So he brings a value that I think, like you guys said, people gonna look over it.
Speaker 9: People are gonna look over it and do what they need to do.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, I do think you have to do your work.
Speaker 2: I mean I do.
Speaker 6: I mean to me, if seriously, if I was in that top ten, and even though if I didn't feel like I owe it to myself to find out about this kid, I owe it to myself.
Speaker 4: Who's a player that you at any point had to like send research people and that you went, oh, yep, we're out on this one.
Speaker 5: Randy Moss, Wow, Barnacles.
Speaker 2: That's a big one.
Speaker 6: And that was Jeff Lurry's decision in Philadelphia. That was again twenty five years ago in a draft. I remember sending our FBI guy, you know, we went to Morgantown. Actually me to Huntington and then and did all that, went to West Virginia, did all that stuff, did everything about learned everything we could about him. And another one too was Ryan Leaf. You know, that was another one where we got a lot of information work out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: The thing with Randy Moss, and I.
Speaker 6: Remember the conversation I had with Jeff Lerry, the owner of the Eagles, was he goes, Brian, I just don't feel comfortable taking Randy Moss. And I said, fine, I go, I just want you to know that he is our number one wider receiver on the board. He goes, that's fine, We're good, We'll be We'll be fine. And I said, yes, sir, we'll be fine. And so we went into that draft and Randy Moss was not on our board. And when he went and we saw him keep going down, down, down, down, he got passed by Cincinnati twice, and you're like, going, were we right? And then he ends up in Minnesota and Randy Moss was nothing but a great player. But there were a lot of things about Randy Moss's past that some people in the league just did not feel comfortable with.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's interesting to really hear about in the past because you never know what's going to happen next week, because those same types of conversations are happening right now. All right, take our first break, we'll have a couple more factor FIBs.
Speaker 2: In the last segment.
Speaker 4: We'll sprinkle a couple.
Speaker 2: More in there.
Speaker 3: But when we come back, it's time for some Twitter on the twenty right after this.
Speaker 15: Hey, Cowboys fans, if you're looking for a full time or part time job, check out Liberty Tax, proud partner of the Dallas Cowboys. If you've got tax experience and want to help your community with their finances, you're the perfect candidate. No tax experience. We also offer in person tax school courses locally. Liberty Tax has seventy nine locations across DFW and two three hundred offices nationwide. Learn more about our job opportunities at libertytax dot com, slash hiring, or call your local Liberty Tax office today.
Speaker 16: Craving something flavorful, replace that bloated burrito feeling with Smoothieking's new Power Meal smoothies with three delicious flavors like cinnamon, banana, blueberry, raspberry, and spinach.
Speaker 2: Pineapple.
Speaker 16: You can fill up on flavor, not calories. Each meal replacement smoothie is packed with twenty grams of protein, seven grams of fiber, and twenty three vitamins and minerals, all under three hundred and fifty calories with zero grams of added sugar. So next time you want something flavorful, swap fast food for a powermeal smoothie. Order today on the Smoothie King app. Smoothie King the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 17: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I.
Speaker 2: Was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all time.
Speaker 17: I went to Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near, far, and between.
Speaker 2: Don't fumble your vision any long.
Speaker 17: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 2: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 14: What do you call a group of grown men and women with their faces painted silver?
Speaker 2: And Blue who get together every week to.
Speaker 14: Share a three hour long ritual of jumping, sinking, and toasting Miller Lite and Timm Gallon hats while yelling, how about them Cowboys? You call it Miller Time in Dallas. Here's to the Cowboys, Here's to the original Light Beer.
Speaker 2: It's Miller Time.
Speaker 14: Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty one, Miller Brewing Company, Fort Orth, Texas.
Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show Back.
Speaker 3: You're on the Draft Show presented by Miller Light, the official beer of the Dallas Cowboys. He's back here with Brian Brodes, Bobby belt, Zach Waltchuk and Aisha Morrison.
Speaker 2: It's time now for.
Speaker 5: Some Twitter on the Twitter with.
Speaker 3: Nice job, Jazz Marshall and Terrence William's running the ship for Chris Beam in the back. All right, Answering your questions, starting off with Steve and he says, how much does Jake Ferguson and Peyton Hindershot impact your decision to draft a tight end on day one or day two?
Speaker 2: Does it move the needle at all? Bobby No, not a bit twice.
Speaker 4: I mean they're good players, you like them, But I mean, look, I think you have clearly heard the way that Jerry and the fact that the offensive coaching staff was basically back in Dallas for the combine running install except for Londa Wells, who was there in Indianapolis working out the tight ends. I think they've shown that they believe they can get better there with this class, and so because of their ability to get better, they or the opportunity to get better there, they're not just going to pass on that in the name of, well, we like these guys, they can like them, and still I think approach it for position up. This is still an area where we feel like we could definitely get better in the first three rounds.
Speaker 7: The only thing that made me pause was what Steven said yesterday. I wonder if they just think, hey, we got two guys that are good pass catchers and Hendershot who can stretch the field. We saw what fergu was able to do, being able to leap the eyes in the open field last year. You know, that's why they're putting more of an emphasis on getting a tight end that's well rounded that can also inline block, because I think Ferdie can. That's certainly a weakness in hender shots game. We saw that specifically in the Titans game last year.
Speaker 3: And I saw this pop up on Twitter the other day though, But the numbers over the last eleven games for Peyton Hindershot weren't phenomenal.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like he was setting the world on fire.
Speaker 3: He had like four catches and I think eleven yards or something like that, and then one of them was off of his hands and it was an interception that was caused.
Speaker 2: So it's not like he was completely trending in the right direction.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying Peyton Hendershot's a bad player by any stretch of the imagination. I still think he's shown what he can do stretching the field. But if it's gonna deter you from drafting one of these special tight ends, I don't think that's necessarily the right thought.
Speaker 9: No, I don't think it has anything to do with them.
Speaker 8: I feel like the Cowboys have shown that they're gonna draft tight end and they're gonna develop tight end at a regular you know clip, you know, just to have guys in there and to continue to develop guys. And with this class being so I mean, we talked about the depth. I mean, I got to Leonard Taylor from Cincinnati yesterday and I was just like, God, dang, like it is it?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 9: Are it?
Speaker 15: Really?
Speaker 9: There really are a.
Speaker 8: Lot of tight ends in this draft that I feel like they don't they want to go early, like you said, Bobby, like there might be a guy that is like their guy early, but if they don't get that guy, I think they can find tight ends almost in every round for real.
Speaker 2: No, you're You're not wrong.
Speaker 7: I kind of feel like if Dalton Kincaid's my tight end one, I'm kind of down to Wight. Like I think Josh Wiley out of Cincinnati. I love Will Mallory's a guy from Miami that played with horrible quarterbacks, catches everything that was thrown his way. He could maybe end up being, you know, the Jory Kittle of this class, where he didn't you know, he didn't dominate in college, but he's got upside tremendously. There's a ton of athletic tight ends.
Speaker 2: It's deep. Paying Durham for Purdue.
Speaker 7: We're gonna go on and on about guys who could come in and be super successful. You don't have to take a tight end round one, but if they grade one that highly, this is a special, unique class.
Speaker 6: I kind of feel like though that if you want to take the guy that has the chance to be that elite tied in the past catcher, the down the field guy, because my boards kind of split that way when you we we've.
Speaker 5: Talked about all the guys at the top.
Speaker 6: But when you get down to the when you get down into that middle round, I'm Strange from uh, Penn State is a guy?
Speaker 2: Let me let me get to my my guys here. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, like I said, there were there were these guys that there were these guys that was Strange from Penn State, Wiley from Cincinnati, Lots from Alabama, Allen from Clemson. I have all these guys kind of in that fourth round there. You know we mentioned Kuntz would be a guy. Durham is the guy you mentioned there. If there's there is a divide between the two, yes there is. And and you know with the other guys, I think you're getting more of a kind of a when the Strange and the Wileys and the law two's and the Allen's kind of a they're good at blocking, they're good at catching, but they're not that next level type of a tight end that you would say, oh, this is a down the field weapon type of a guy.
Speaker 8: So are you looking for a guy to come in With that being said, are you looking for a guy to come in and immediately be.
Speaker 9: Difference maker? A tight end?
Speaker 6: You are?
Speaker 8: You don't think they're either one of those gentlemen that are on the team can be tight end one right now?
Speaker 4: Probably I think they. I think they can double up as a passable tight end coupling like I mean, and they can certainly grow into that, But they're like difference makers.
Speaker 6: Like you said, well it's split okay, Yeah to me, this is where this is where I kind of draw the line.
Speaker 5: If you're telling me, if you're telling me on these tight.
Speaker 6: Ends that I'm gonna draft Mayor Kincaid, Musgrave or Washington, plug and play, okay, Craft Laporta, uh shoemaker from Michigan.
Speaker 5: These are guys.
Speaker 6: Strange Wiley, the guys they just mentioned, those are the guys that probably are going to fit in and be rotational guys. But those four guys that I mentioned ahead, those.
Speaker 2: Are plug and play.
Speaker 6: But but Laporta, shoemaker, shoemaker from Michigan, Strange Wiley, Boom, those guys fit into Maybe you got Hindershot and Ferguson played before those guys. These other guys are gonna have to be I think rotational players.
Speaker 4: Schoonmaker and with the the guys who I think you.
Speaker 5: I like Schoonmaker. I like Schoonmaker. If I'm not taking they run the ball behind him. They do.
Speaker 2: Maker's good. Yeah. Same thing with Allen from Plempston.
Speaker 7: Like. Allen seems like to me, he's a Dulton Schultz type of clone. I think he gives you a lot of similar things. I'm going with Josh Wiley if I don't take one of these Cincinnati, Yeah it's from Cincinnati. I think this dude has a chance to be a big time player, can play on the outside of the slot. Tough catches the ball, high, low, big catch radius. At six foot seven, that dudees to me that I've kind of circled, could end up being the absolute gem among these tight ends.
Speaker 3: Just the stats specifically to give some context here, Peyton Hendershadow to the last ten regular season games, six targets, four receptions, thirty.
Speaker 2: Three yards and one touchdown. That's it. Four receptions thirty three yards. There are six targets.
Speaker 3: And then Jake Ferguson wasn't much better twelve receptions. He did catch all twelve targets for one fourteen in a touchdown those two final ten regular season games.
Speaker 6: Those two dudes are not keeping me from drafting a tight end though. No, I'm sorry, I've just.
Speaker 4: I'm also not trying to run him out of town. No, no, I want him on the stand. But yeah, I think you can absolutely upgrade that spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So here's a couple questions talking about trading up. We kind of mentioned this in passing last week. Uh, but this one specific. I don't know how to say in and am sorry, but he says if either b Jean Robinson Elijah Cansi from Pitt or Darnell Wright from Tennessee are still available around pick number twenty, is Dallas sticking at pick twenty six or would they pull the trigger and go up and get one of those guys.
Speaker 6: I don't think they would trade for Robinson. I don't see them moving up.
Speaker 5: I just don't.
Speaker 6: And to me, the guy that makes I don't think they'd move up for Kancy. I think that we're thinking.
Speaker 4: I would not.
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're.
Speaker 6: In that mode right now where they're gonna trade up for a three technique. I mean, I think if he's there at if he's there at twenty six, you would surely consider him. But I'm not moving up the guy that I would trade up for if he was that close, if I knew that I was going to lose him between twenty and twenty six, I would trade up for right because I feel like that I'm getting a first round tackle that I could play at guard, and he's close, you know, b Jeon Robinson, I'm gonna gamble. I'm gonna gamble that. You know that he you know, if he doesn't get to me, fine, I'll move on. I'll find a way to get you know, his teammate in the third round or something like that. I'm not I love Bjeon Robinson, Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 5: I just think the one guy that I think that that that.
Speaker 6: Tackle guard combination could really really help the running back could help you too. But I'm just if I had to move up, I think I would.
Speaker 5: Try and secure Right. Hey, gamble on the other.
Speaker 2: Two, ye I'm with you.
Speaker 7: I don't think and it's no, I'm not trying to rip on cancy good player. I don't think there's been a more over hyped player in this entire draft. Wow, from going to top ten, he kills the combine. You watch the tape, it just it just doesn't wow you like, oh my gosh, we're gonna move up and go get this guy. So I don't know, right, I love, but really the only lineman that I would consider going up for is Skearronsky.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, that's what you go up for. If he gets to like sixteen seventeen, I start making golf possibility. Yeah, I don't think. No, if he were to start getting into that territory call, there's a point, and.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Philadelphia might take ten.
Speaker 4: I think you're starting hear some chatter about Joey Porter sliding further that I don't know about to doubt, okay, sliding further than we had initially see like Dane referred to Joey Porter as mid to late twenties.
Speaker 2: Oh well, which if he starts.
Speaker 4: Getting to like twenty two twenty three, I might see.
Speaker 2: We did a little offense he did. Don't get too excited over there.
Speaker 5: No, we did a Love of the Star.
Speaker 6: We did a Love of the Star podcast this past Sunday, and we did the mock and it simularly and Porter got to us.
Speaker 7: I know you took him over Jackson Smith and Jigba, but I'd have done the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it. I sew you would now. But that's I think that if he were to get to a certain range, like early twenties, I might start calling for that too. I call up on Joey Porter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got Porter as my number eleven player in Jackson Smith and Jigba at fourteen, So I think I would join you guys in that regard.
Speaker 2: That one's tough, all right.
Speaker 3: What is the worst kept secret of the Dallas Cowboys draft process so far?
Speaker 2: Based off of the rumors that you have in particular, it's a great question this year.
Speaker 3: Uh, he doesn't specify, but we could do either one this year or in years past.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: I mean in years past, the worst cup secret was they draft off the thirty list, and that's not as relevant the last couple of years. It doesn't feel like I'm trying to some guys there no I know, but like their first pick with like it was alway knew it was somebody at the top thirty was not I don't think Parsons had one scheduled when they ended out picking it. Now, obviously that was that was not the COVID year was the year before. But like the year before, they hadn't scheduled Lamb for they were't going to schedule Lamb for a visit Mike, I don't think had a thirty and so they they haven't always done it during the mccarthyear. It hasn't been as hard and fast rule presently. I don't know what would be that. What's a what's a poor I feel like they're keeping secrets pretty well this time around.
Speaker 5: They're there.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you this, they're hunting running backs.
Speaker 6: That's a poorly, poorly kept secret is they're clearly going to draft a quarterback.
Speaker 2: I was sitting over here waiting quietly.
Speaker 4: But Howard, what Howard? If you're talking about if anybody, they don't pick one in the first five.
Speaker 5: Rounds, you think, so okay?
Speaker 2: There later than what? Okay?
Speaker 6: They went and they did a private workout and had a zoom meeting with Aidan O'Connell from Purdue.
Speaker 2: What do you think about him?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 6: I have him in the fourth round. I haven't bet ninety six, my ninety six best player overall.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: I was asking this because Dane berug Gonna asked me a question about He asked me about a quarterback for his mock draft and he said.
Speaker 5: Who would you Who would you.
Speaker 6: Think if they took a quarterback in the fourth round And I said, I said, aid O'Connell from Purdue. He said, he's gone on my board. He's already gone. So to me, if if Dallas was serious about an O'Connell quarterback Purdue, they might have to take him in the third round, that that might be it. Because they're doing some work on this guy. I mean, you know, we've we've seen oh well they brought in tune in this for Dallas day and all that, you know, whatever visits, you know, but the one guy that appears that they've done that, they're let's go out and work a guy out, kind of bit private workout, go out.
Speaker 2: They didn't want anybody else to.
Speaker 5: See him throwing the ball or what they were going to put him through.
Speaker 6: This might be one of the worst kept secrets that all of a sudden, we're sitting there at some point in time and aight, O'Connell's on that board.
Speaker 5: And they're gonna they're gonna hand that card in.
Speaker 3: Man, I think it's Clayton Tune and My same same deal, same kind of thing. But with Clayton Tune from Houston is kind of that guy that I have circled.
Speaker 2: And I think it goes to what they've looked at in quarterbacks in the past.
Speaker 4: They look for.
Speaker 3: Decision making, leadership, ability, mobility, which is a big thing. Is you know, Connell is a true pocket passer. He is not going to run it a whole lot. Clayton Tune can be mobile, he can kind of rotate. He's not the most.
Speaker 5: Comfortable moving around like that what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: But I you know, I tuned specifically.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with Tune, I mean he's not a runner, no, but he You're right, he can move. But both these guys are like, you know, five years starters. Yeah, Tune is Tune is a guariance, is there captain? Three time captain. We're starting to have a time in this in football where.
Speaker 5: We're you know, it used to be, oh well, let's take the.
Speaker 6: One year guy. You know, there's a reason why Hindon Hooker he is a six year senior. There's there's reasons why people. It happened last year with Brock Purdy. You know, all of a sudden, it's like you take a guy that's mature, that's played a lot of snaps, that's a captain. You know, that's that's what you get in uh O'Connell.
Speaker 5: In tune and Hooker and guys like that.
Speaker 2: They're there.
Speaker 6: You know, you're if you're you're drafting Richardson, hold on your ass, here we go. You know you're getting a guy that doesn't have a whole hell of a lot of experience. Man, he passes the eye test. But these teams are starting to look at maybe maybe the kids with the most experienced and the most games played are the ones that come in and.
Speaker 2: Do the best jobs.
Speaker 3: There's an analytical study out there, and I got to go find it.
Speaker 2: I don't know where it was.
Speaker 3: But it's talking about how quarterbacks that have at least one thousand pass attempts in college seemingly have more success. There's a higher percentage of success rate around those quarterbacks when they make it to the NFL.
Speaker 6: That s two two cognitive tests. It's a cognitive test. The Cowboys have been using that for years. You figure out who the top guys are that and the numbers I heard were that that Bryce Young was one of the top guys and C. J.
Speaker 5: Stroud was one of the lower guys.
Speaker 6: You know, and if you believe in that S two test, well you know that that tells a lot about these quarterbacks that.
Speaker 2: Is so far, it has been pretty pretty impressive there.
Speaker 7: And and both those guys O'Connell in tune, they've got the size like they're both six two six three. They've got that prototypical size you're looking for, which makes me feel bad about my guy, Jaron Hall, who is the one that I would probably like to tell but I like him too.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of Jaron. What do you like about him? Let's go, Yeah, what what do you think about him?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I like how he delivers the ball. I feel like I feel like his pocket presence.
Speaker 8: Is good and it's good enough to me, it's good enough for him to come in and be a guy into Brian's To Brian's point, we are in a league now where you saw more backup quarterbacks play than we I think we've ever seen have to come into play. But for this team in particular, when you talk about the quarterback position. I love Dak Prescott. I think he's a great quarterback, right. I think he's a good quarterback right now. However, he has had injuries this last couple of years, so you start preparing for the fact that you've seen what Cooper Rush can do.
Speaker 9: You've seen this, you've seen his his ceiling.
Speaker 8: Right, So bringing in another guy to me is it's about that time.
Speaker 9: I think it's about that time also too, keeps the competition fresh.
Speaker 8: But yeah, you're going to see a guy come in, but as far yeah, but yeah, that's how I feel about them drafting quarterback. Is it a problem? How are you guys going to feel about it? If they do draft a quarterback? There's I think it's great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Dak's not a guy. I mean, Dak's not Carson Wentz. He's not mentally fragile. He's not going to get rattled by this. If anything, I think Dak welcomes the competition absolutely.
Speaker 2: Carson Wentz.
Speaker 9: Don't know him like that.
Speaker 5: He's proven that.
Speaker 2: Thing out of the league. Right. Tuaish's point.
Speaker 3: Five quarterbacks were taken in Day three yesterday, right or not yesterday?
Speaker 4: Gosh?
Speaker 3: Last year, five quarterbacks were taken on day three. Four of them had to start at some point in the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had to come in.
Speaker 6: And this is not a bad group. When you watch Hayin from Fresno. Thompson Robinson, he's got people like him. I mean it's a drop back. It's like, oh look, god, we're gonna now. I mean, some of his best players are him running.
Speaker 2: He They're all him running.
Speaker 9: I was watching him yesterday.
Speaker 8: I was watching him, and I think, what's gonna sell people on Thompson Robinson? Also to looking at the shrine ball and all this stuff is a lot of the character off the field stuff. A lot of people are very high on what he brings to the locker room and just his calmness and all that stuff too.
Speaker 9: So I feel like it's a sure it's both.
Speaker 7: He's clearly put in the work every year because he improved every year in CLA. So I can understand and talk about starts. Most starts in school history there forty eight. But that throwing motion he's got from the hip, long winding.
Speaker 6: Motions crazy, I did not like, I know it's it's nuts, but I mean his ability.
Speaker 5: I mean I remember a long wind up motion. Randall Cunningham.
Speaker 6: He's like he had a buggy whip for all that thing, which that thing went, you know, he went way back and it comes flying through. But he's the mobility and stuff. I mean, we we you can, like I said, I watched Stetson.
Speaker 5: Bennett same way.
Speaker 2: I mean, tiny guy, but.
Speaker 5: All he did was win.
Speaker 2: Sure, all he did was win.
Speaker 6: And so you know that's if you're kind of looking for those guys in day three what you're talking about, you know, but I think the Cowboys, if I had to say, they maybe focused on a guy. And I know you, I respect what you're saying about to but that you know that kid at.
Speaker 2: Purdue is a guy.
Speaker 5: Keep an eye on that.
Speaker 4: Tanner McKee from Stanford first round prospect, right, Brian just cannot stop talking about the kid.
Speaker 9: He's a gamer. He's a gamer.
Speaker 5: Jared McKee, No, Jared, Jared.
Speaker 9: He just looks he just looks like he's.
Speaker 7: The guy that I would take. But Tanner McKee is not as good as anything. Yeah, Jared Hall, I love Jack Wilson, didn't do anything.
Speaker 4: Is going to need to like that. This is the time of system. Jared Hall has to walk into his West Coast because Jaron Hall is playing of time.
Speaker 2: I agree, good decision maker too. He doesn't hesitate.
Speaker 7: I Jared Hall, I don't think has the leadership question marks that Zach Wilson did. No, I don't think people respect Jack Wilson in that huddle. Oh and where were you last year we were.
Speaker 4: Talking about this guy.
Speaker 2: I was listening. All right, idots, that's it for Twitter on the twenty.
Speaker 3: We'll answer some more tomorrow when we come back. I got a couple more factor FIBs to throw out there, and then we'll wrap things up and get you ready for tomorrow's episode with more of the draft show right after this.
Speaker 18: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps away put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 2: For crypto pros, rookies.
Speaker 18: And anyone in between, blockchain dot com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot com Trust It by Millions, Trust It by America's team.
Speaker 10: In a stressful world provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and naanilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 14: What do you call a group of grown men and women with their faces painted silver and blue who get together every week to share a three hour long ritual of jumping, sinking, and toasting Miller Lite and Tim Gallon hats while yelling, how about them Cowboys?
Speaker 2: You call it Miller Time in Dallas.
Speaker 14: Here's to the Cowboys, Here's to the original light beer. It's Miller Time. Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty one. Miller Brewing Company fort Orch, Texas.
Speaker 19: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls with Star Sports Tours. You can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 1: Today is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: H Back, You're on the Draft Show final segment, but.
Speaker 5: Bobby can leave.
Speaker 4: Bobby Cross talk today. Were sounds like you're out of crosstalk today. You're your too lose.
Speaker 2: My god?
Speaker 3: Uh rowe Hit is how you say the guy's name on Twitter? On the twenty he just sent me a pronunciation guy. Thank you very much, ro Hit appreciate it. All right, let's do some more Factor phib. I'm gonna start with Brian on this one. Jamir Gibbs will go in the first round Alabama running back. I'm gonna go in the top thirty two.
Speaker 6: You're saying that's a I think that's a fib. I think that's a fib falls out. I think that to me, that yeah, and I think it's I think there's going to be a little bit of a run on these uh on these running backs. But I don't think if the one running back that goes in the first I believe it's it.
Speaker 5: Will be uh Robertson.
Speaker 2: But Gibbs. Gibbs is one of those guys that Shawn Johnson. Gibbs is just super, super impressive.
Speaker 6: But I kind of think second round Gibbs a Chain Texas A and m.
Speaker 5: Sharpano from UCLA.
Speaker 6: I think those are the guys you kind of can see, you know, maybe we get started into that the beginning of the or the I think Gibbs will be the next back, but I think he'll be early in the second.
Speaker 2: It's where he would go.
Speaker 4: Can I I got one that I'm curious about it. We discussed this a little bit with Jim Naggi the other day. Spears out of Tommy, out of bar goes in the first round?
Speaker 5: What there's buzz Who did milk?
Speaker 2: The who would take him? The Eagles at thirty?
Speaker 5: Who did milk?
Speaker 2: Did milk? Kiper mind?
Speaker 4: Kiper mocked out of Barri to the Cowboys about a month ago in the first round.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if you're not taking him as an edge, I think he has a lot of I think he has lipside.
Speaker 9: I mean, I mean, I'm.
Speaker 5: Thinking most people view him as a tackle that's a tackle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was looking at him as an edge.
Speaker 8: No, No, don't you dare Yeah, because it's definitely definitely skewed.
Speaker 5: Well, I think I don't disagree with her. I kind of felt like some of his best work was it tackle.
Speaker 2: I thought all the spash splash places.
Speaker 9: I don't think his best work is going to come from tackle.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch him.
Speaker 8: We'll come from d tackle because of the explosiveness and that small amount of space. I think that's what causes people problems with him, is that speed.
Speaker 2: Onto something here.
Speaker 7: I think the Saints at twenty nine, that's an interesting team to look out for.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And Naggie, Jim Naggie told us he was like that, people are you got? Media has been slow on him. We had somebody tweeted us on Love the Star that we were doing and they tweeted a comp that. Ever since they sent me the comp, I can't unsee it. When iked Michael Bennett, it's very Michael. You know, he's very Michael Bennett.
Speaker 7: I'll say this, I think he's going to be a better d tackle than Cancy.
Speaker 9: Whew, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Now that's a hot take. I would take him over Cancy.
Speaker 9: I don't believe it's a hot take.
Speaker 8: I don't believe it's a hot take because of the like, there's a viciousness that he plays with that.
Speaker 9: I don't see.
Speaker 2: And he's way longer.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't see.
Speaker 8: And there's an explosion that I think that he has that's going to it's gonna be a problem. It's gonna be a problem for sinners. It's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 9: I mean, we talked about it, and I know that Brian definitely.
Speaker 8: Was like, people are gonna go through how this guy, like I remember when we first started talking about him, month to go like, but he's he's somebody that is definitely gone kind of under the radar since the Senior Bowl, since he killed the combine, and I don't see.
Speaker 9: A lot of people talking about him as much.
Speaker 8: But I agree with you that guy.
Speaker 5: I don't want that kind.
Speaker 8: But the athleticism is just it's through the charge to be somebody that can play in the middle of the defense.
Speaker 2: Would you take him over can Sy? I don't think I would. I wouldn't either.
Speaker 6: You know what, though in a in a yeah, it's very that's a mess.
Speaker 5: Well, no, it's and.
Speaker 6: It's another one of those things like Brecy, you know from Clemson. I mean, figure these guys out. We got Carter that's got maturity problems. Brec does he play well all the time?
Speaker 5: Can Sy? Is he overrated?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: I mean you know I'm looking at I'm looking at Dexter from floor, I'm looking at all these guys. I'm like, man, I see flashes of really good play and they terrify it.
Speaker 5: And you know, when you.
Speaker 6: Guys were saying that he could be better than Chancy, I couldn't fire back at you and say no.
Speaker 2: Because I'm not.
Speaker 6: I think Chancy I've seen more behind the line plays, and I'm kind of projecting our Northwestern kid to play inside where I've seen Chancy play inside.
Speaker 2: But I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't, like shoot down what you guys are saying about him.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 4: It's interesting when you mentioned Bresy there. Yeah, I know we laughed at this a month ago, and if it happens, I'm gonna have to apologize to the CBS. Slappy whatever his name was, I forget.
Speaker 2: I can't even remember. I don't watch his work anymore.
Speaker 4: Christo Passo, Yes, was that you know? Kiper and had Miles Murphy sliding to the thirties.
Speaker 7: Yeah, see what the heck's going on with this? I think Miles Murphy's getting disrespected. I would take to he's your Lawrence replacement eventually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, interesting stuff.
Speaker 5: I have him over Nolan Smith, and I really like Nolan Smith.
Speaker 2: He's a more complete player. Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: All right, five quarterbacks will go in the first round, all five of them, Richardson, Hooker, Levis, and then the top two guys, Bryce Young and c J.
Speaker 2: Strath At all of them are going. Everybody's on the head.
Speaker 6: When you mocked him, I kind of was like, man, he's being really creative here. And then now it's like everybody's kind of caught up with the Hendon Hookers.
Speaker 5: And I think it's even more fascinating that there are.
Speaker 6: People that like Hndon Hooker over Richardson, which I think is interesting.
Speaker 8: I really really, you know what it's exactly.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's interesting to me because people are people are saying that Hooker. I think if Hooker wasn't injured, if he wasn't hurt. I think he would be over Richardson.
Speaker 2: I think I would talk about that too. I would take him, you would take him over Stroud. I don't think C. J. Stroud is going to be a good player.
Speaker 4: Wow, why is it?
Speaker 7: I'm just I'm going with my I gotta trust my eye. I saw him watch it. To watch that Georgia game. Georgia is the best game, the best game he played career.
Speaker 6: It's kind of like watching Smith and Jig play against Utah.
Speaker 4: When you watch Stroud do what he does to George, you're literally watching him playing that NFL defense.
Speaker 7: Yes, and that's me made me think, like, what in the world I'm so wrong about him?
Speaker 2: But I just got to stick to my gut and if I'm right to that and got.
Speaker 4: The one that's did you did you?
Speaker 2: Did you take it? Would you take Hooker over Richardson because of the experience and stuff?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I mean I would.
Speaker 2: In this watch, it doesn't beat.
Speaker 9: Now hand in. Hooker was a It was an interesting watch. It was a fun watch.
Speaker 3: He's mechanically sound, yeast six years taken in the first round with an A.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean we got to get over it.
Speaker 7: I think you social.
Speaker 4: I watched him play enough to know he's.
Speaker 2: Not Yeah, he ain't going on the first Sorry, guys, go mean green all right?
Speaker 9: Cop five quarterback.
Speaker 4: Definitely for I think that I.
Speaker 8: Think that people are gonna go quarterback and it's gonna mess up.
Speaker 9: That's gonna change the whole board.
Speaker 7: That's why the first quarterback slides.
Speaker 4: Somebody is a border line. They're going early.
Speaker 9: Why are you laughing? I do have a question, though, real real, real quick. Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 2: Beams? So we got a shot?
Speaker 9: Okay, no, no, no, ask you a question. Okay.
Speaker 8: So if if you didn't get Darnelle right, yeah, and you didn't get I don't know who's the next, obviously you wouldn'tet Scronski. Okay, where'd you take Matthew Bergeron in the second round?
Speaker 4: Right than we talk about Oh.
Speaker 8: I love that's why you want And when you talk about the fifth play and when you talk about maybe moving to guard would be.
Speaker 4: A trade back guy for early thirties, I would take you.
Speaker 9: Would take Bergeron?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 9: That's all I had to ask, because I feel like I was I've been.
Speaker 8: Looking at him for over a month now, but just seeing his feet and how it gets and he's.
Speaker 2: A maler and he's balanced, strong hands.
Speaker 9: Oh absolutely. When I saw him, I said, Terry Steele.
Speaker 15: That's you with some hair.
Speaker 4: When you say you think that, uh, Darnell writes a better player than Tyler Smith is right now, I agree with that, but that's more because of the polish. Like I think Tyler Smith's tools are better than what Darnell rights are. I think that Bergeron's tools are better.
Speaker 5: Than I'm gonna I'm a coward.
Speaker 2: I'm award agree with that, but I like Bergon a lot.
Speaker 4: Well, you're wrong, and that's okay.
Speaker 2: Evaluate line.
Speaker 6: I'm a coward on this one because I got Darwin Jones over Bergon, but I got him like right there next to each other.
Speaker 7: From Jones sloppy technique.
Speaker 2: Guy, I've got I've got.
Speaker 3: Jones and malk in front of Bergeron. Actually, so I'm not.
Speaker 7: I love Cody Mauk. Don't get me wrong, that dude's an absolute beast, But on the top.
Speaker 5: Of my I could be really wrong about him.
Speaker 8: I immediately looked at and thought, like, when you look at the effort, the finishing ability, the athleticism, that like all that stuff, the kickstep is there.
Speaker 9: I'm like, yeah, if I'm trying to run.
Speaker 8: The ball and deal with speedy d NS and stuff coming off that, this guy I think can.
Speaker 9: Get his hands.
Speaker 2: You're not too off about Dwan Jones. They's huge. I mean, he's so, he's so tough. She likes she likes burn better than Jones.
Speaker 8: Right I do, Yeah, I mean yeah, But I will say I don't mind. I think Dwan Jones, I think his size throws people off because he looks he seems really heavy.
Speaker 9: But when you look at his build and now he looks he's not.
Speaker 7: And he's more athletic than Orlando Brown Junior and.
Speaker 6: Curris Johnson on one side and him, and you're like, going, it's not even athletically, it's not even c J.
Speaker 2: Stroud never had a dirty pocket to deal with in his entire A bunch of.
Speaker 8: It's somebody I'm definitely keeping my eye on.
Speaker 2: Keep your eyes on a Burger bus.
Speaker 20: That will be somere Oh gosh, we've got some more hot takes tomorrow. Yeah, if you have more hot takes tomorrow, We've got more information tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We'll take some of your questions tomorrow as well.
Speaker 3: As we are one week away from the NFL Draft for Bobby Belt, for Brian brought Us, Zach Walchuck, Aisha Morrison, I'm Kyle Yemens.
Speaker 2: Also for Jasmine Marshall and Terrence Williams in the back. Very nice job always.
Speaker 3: We'll see you tomorrow with more of the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lite.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.