Speaker 1: There's no disrespect. What's no? You completely just disrespected Diamond And I can't say the comment on air, but it was disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Andrew.
Speaker 1: It's here.
Speaker 2: It's a bonus episode. Today's Wednesday. It's a prize inside.
Speaker 1: Can can I get up from under the desk? Yes?
Speaker 3: This is Serial Wheelers.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, I've been trying to find this cereal for quite some time.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been posting pictures about it. Yeah, I'm just gonna get right to it. Great, this is an emergency episode. So down here in the sack is all new limited edition toasted coconut cheerios.
Speaker 3: Love it and I love that they have a little uh bone umbrella there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so fun.
Speaker 1: I don't have big like I'm I'm not super psychic high hopes. No, oh god, please if I never hear that song again.
Speaker 2: I've got high hopes for it. I'm very excited because you know, over the years, there really haven't been that many like coconut cereals.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, what kind of coconut cereals are they?
Speaker 2: There haven't been. I mean there's lots of like healthy I'm doing air quotes healthy ones like granola and that coconut when I brought back from Santa Fe. But there's really no.
Speaker 1: I feel like coca puffs would be best aided by like a what like coconut.
Speaker 2: No, that's cocoas and chocolate, not cocoa as in nut.
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying like a coconut coconut and chocolate mix as well.
Speaker 2: All right, that might be good, but I'm just saying there's no like General Mills or Catalogs or.
Speaker 1: Anything coconuts, coconut cereal.
Speaker 2: I love coconut. I mean, I might be in the minority, but I really do like coconut.
Speaker 1: I would be a little afraid if I actually got on Survivor because that's all you can really eat is coconut and rice.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I would just crack them all day and eat them, drink them, eat them.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 3: Coconut milk just by itself is so nasty.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Let's see what it says on the back. Start your day with a tropical getaway. New Toasted coconut cereals brings the sweet, exotic taste of relax seeing tropical getaway right to your breakfast ball. It mentions Fiji and Hawaii and the Maldives and the Bahamas and Jamaica and Tahiti.
Speaker 1: All right, you're getting a little carried away there, trying.
Speaker 2: A way to paradise. And I will tell you, my friend, first of get off your phone. Do not money in that way. Boomer, Okay, Boomer, that was the name of my dog. You can call me Boomer all day. He's dead, but I love Boomer.
Speaker 3: Missed what you make things so awkward?
Speaker 2: Hey, that's what you get anyway. So everyone was like, eh, did you hear that this toasted coconut cheerios? Sending pictures and everything. I'm like, yeah, just so you know, we broke it back in August. I don't know if you remember, but I'm such a huge fan of the Box Tops program that General Mills puts out that every once in a while, I'll check the product list that has Box Tops on it.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And back in the beginning of August, the available products list said toasted coconut cheerios. And I was like, what because I know it wasn't old, because it was never out before. So I called it out back then and nobody responded to me. And you know what, here we are I'm so can we get a moment? Yeah, a moment. Let's get into this. I'm really excited for it. To give you a warning on the side, contains coconut, just just in case you're allergic. I you know, you wouldn't know from the front of the box, but you know, contains cocyla. I sometimes think I'm a little allergic to it. You're allergic to everything. You gotta cut the roof of your mouth. You're going to go in anaphylactic shock. The whole deal is all going to happen right now. I'm very excited.
Speaker 3: Cool. Yeah, thank you for the support. Can I smell it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Not overwhelming?
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's a nice coconut you smell.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's everywhere.
Speaker 3: A small port. Oh, okay, it is.
Speaker 1: We'll go down. They were using one percent milk from King Colin.
Speaker 3: Don't you know what that is.
Speaker 2: That's where I found the toasted coconut, cheerios and King Colin. I happened to be near one of those supermarkets with my daughter. We stopped in and there it was. I even posted a picture.
Speaker 3: You sent me the picture.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: So it's a supermarket chain. I've never heard of it on Long Island.
Speaker 1: Oh, maybe one or two in Queens on Long Island. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can't say in Long Island because you can't be in an island.
Speaker 3: Even though it's connected to the city, we can't be in it. Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, very excited. General Mills toasted coconut cheios.
Speaker 2: Very you know it's the o's. They're a little bit smaller. Look at the o's. They're a little smaller than your average cheerio.
Speaker 3: To be honest, it doesn't taste like coconut.
Speaker 2: I taste it, I own. What do you taste honey nut cheerios?
Speaker 3: I don't know, like a butterscotch. It doesn't appen.
Speaker 2: What do you my eighty year old grandma?
Speaker 1: Yes, I lot.
Speaker 3: This does not take me to Fiji.
Speaker 2: Oh she's also dead, by the way.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's cool. This does not transport me to Fiji. It makes me ask what's in the cookie box that clearly has yarn in it?
Speaker 3: You know those old cookie jars?
Speaker 2: Yes, the blue tans, string and needles.
Speaker 1: This makes me think of grandma's house, not necessarily the Maldives.
Speaker 3: I like it, though, I do like it. Like I'll give this three bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: I feel like after a full bowl of it, I might get the huz because that coconut flavor, when it's like that, it's a little bit gag inducing.
Speaker 3: It doesn't taste like that.
Speaker 1: I taste the coconut. I don't taste any coconut whatsoever, like peanut colada.
Speaker 3: I taste the coconut.
Speaker 2: So should it be pineapple in here?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Maybe a little?
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, not pineapple pineapp I just realized that's a disgusting flavor.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can use ram instead of milk.
Speaker 1: Do you know? I had a moment with a food like I've never had it before, one of my favorite things ever, from this Ramen place by my house. I ate it, and then I thought about it the next day and I got nauseous.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 1: I just got a notification Serial Killers has a new episode. Oh wow, what day is it? We don't even know what year this is.
Speaker 2: Whatever. If you're subscribed to it, you'll get that too.
Speaker 3: You have to turn your push notifications on.
Speaker 2: Wait, what happened? You threw U from Ramen?
Speaker 1: I wasn't here. I always get this stuff from Ramen. It's mas of and noodles are so delicious. But then the next day, I don't know why, but I just thought about them. I'm like, that was so nasty, and now I can never eat them again. What language are you speaking?
Speaker 3: You never had Ramen? No, I have you mos and brand.
Speaker 1: No, Oh, it's a delicious, like cold noodle that you eat.
Speaker 2: O Yama yama.
Speaker 3: No, you're just wrong, You're wrong.
Speaker 2: You don't even know what I just said.
Speaker 3: Is that one of the brands that you put in the microwave?
Speaker 2: No, that has nothing to do with Ramen. And I'm gonna tell you right now you'll be done with the Ramen story because I want to move on.
Speaker 1: All right, So so rude, but I wish I could just kick you in your stupid face.
Speaker 2: This is not the poor college kid Ramen podcast. I mean, don't look at it. I see your phone. It up, turn it over.
Speaker 3: Don't touch my phone.
Speaker 1: Turn it over.
Speaker 3: Things will break your face.
Speaker 2: So we can't just stop with one. I mean, yes, this is a bonus episode. I'm not gonna do a bonus box, but I will do an additional bo you we wait, the whole cup I did because it was really good.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Had a whole breakfast wrap this morning, and now you're just diving right into cereal. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: So while we're on the cheerios kick, let me go down to the cereal sack cere. We'll stay with the tropical theme. Oh okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: If it's what you showed me before, fruity cheerios. Can I just say, why would you think that's tropical fruit?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, hold on a second, before we get to that.
Speaker 1: I know nothing about life, but you just said fruit is tropical.
Speaker 2: Of course it is. You go to tropical islands, they got coconuts and pineapples and strawberries and crap all in the trees. They bring it over, they bring your fruit platters. Shut up, listen real quick. We're not gonna stay. We're not gonna stay in the tropics anymore. We're gonna take a quick trip.
Speaker 1: Come along. Sure, serial killers visits.
Speaker 2: The cereal great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So before when I said I Yama yama, you have no idea what I was talking about food brands. No, that's KFC and Taco Bell. You have no idea. So back in the mid to late eighties, we'll stay on the fruit fruity tip.
Speaker 1: Here for a second. Okay, fruity tipped.
Speaker 2: You definitely have never heard of this cereal because you weren't born yet and it only lasted like two or three years.
Speaker 1: I love that you finally have learned that I was born in the nineties. Yeah, because usually when it's an eighties thing, you'll just go and you might remember this and I have to go, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: This was a Rawston brand. Okay, Raston made it. They're not around anymore, and it was fruity and King Yama Yama was the mascot and his friend he he or something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, ya Yama.
Speaker 2: Squeeze.
Speaker 1: Rhode Islands has real apple bits on every island and jerry orange and lemon taste to please King ya Yama Yama.
Speaker 2: How does it taste?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: My King by Yama Yama Islands cereals pot of this complete red book. You can say it too, you can you can say it too. Let's say it together, a ya Mayama, I abstained. Well, there was a big deal like this is this is like a cult favorite back in the late eighties and people were so pissed when it went away.
Speaker 1: So is this what I think fruit is? Tropical? Because you used to eat the cereal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, fruit Islands.
Speaker 3: This is why, oh god, I can't even this is why the education system has failed us.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they had a bunch of contests and stuff to like enhance the sales, and it just never worked out and enhance the same it was all. They gave away lots of prizes, like really good prizes. I remember there was like a thing on the back and you had send away and it was prizes and what.
Speaker 1: You couldn't win it because you were in over eighteen.
Speaker 2: No your kids could. Parents had to give you permission whatever. And anyway, so Rawston made it, and Rawston also made cookie crisp at the time, so they were shaped, they looked just like cookie crisp, except they were fruit flavored colors.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Each one was supposed to represent an island or something like that, and apparently there were like little apple bits on each one. So you would have of course said I'm allergic, and it would have cut your mouth up and you would have hated it. So anyway, goodbye Fruit Islands, Cereal. King Ayama Yama, rest in peace. Let's get back to twenty nineteen fruity Cheerios actually have been around since the early two thousands. Originally when they came out, they were made with artificial colors. They do not have any artificial stuff in it anymore. That's why they're a bit duller than they were when they What do you Why are you grimacing? Look at your face?
Speaker 1: Because I just don't want to eat fruity cheerios. Why because they're either going to taste like fruit loops or it's going to be like overly sweetened.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it's really This was General Mills's response to fruit loops.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: It took them a long time, but they wanted to go up against fruit loops.
Speaker 1: Is this new?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Early two thousands? Remember I said that you are such a jerk. What you were jerking your stupid ninety day?
Speaker 3: What is it? The coupons?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that show was on again today. Yeah, Extreme, You are.
Speaker 1: A jerking that too.
Speaker 2: Why was I a jerk?
Speaker 1: Cuz you said something at like the register?
Speaker 2: I was trying to be sarcastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you said something to the cashier you really well?
Speaker 2: She said do you have any coupons? And I was like, of course I do. I mean the show is called Extreme coupon. He what a dumb question. I can't so, yeah, these are definite's.
Speaker 1: Way this was ever filmed, you would be portrayed as a big jerk. Look, so they look like dull fruit loops. They look like kibble is what they look like. That is very true, very much. But that's because they don't use artificial When they first came out.
Speaker 2: More whiskers like cat food. Yes, with whiskers anxiety. When they first came well, that's the next podcast. When they first came out, they were very vibrant and bright because they used artificial colors, but not anymore. If they smell, they smell like fruit loops. Yeah, they do smell like fruit loops. Yeah, yeah, yeah, listen what I'd like to do here? Grab your crunch cup over there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Our friend BJ, she's a great listener. She invented this with her husband. It's an on the go cereal cup. So she sent us a couple. So I want to try them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Same, Here's here's what you do. I read the instruction, so you don't.
Speaker 3: Have to great. Do you want to fill mine up?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: So put milk there to that line, it's like, uh, you know you would take it on the go with you.
Speaker 3: Was this on shark Tank? I don't think so, because it seems like a good idea for a shark tank.
Speaker 1: They're already a thing. I don't think they have to go on shark tank.
Speaker 3: No, they should go on.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so now put this back on. Close the top, put some cereal in there.
Speaker 1: This is the man who gets winded opening up a cereal box.
Speaker 2: All right, I put the white cat back. Okay, all right, fruity cheerios from General Mills, clip it back yet. Now what you do is put your mouth on this little piece here, okay, okay, and then that's where the milk will flow out of and you let the cereal fall into your mouth at the same time, and you put your finger over this little hole to control the milk flow. Let's see how this works.
Speaker 3: Were here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You got milk over yourself. I like the what it is. The hole regulates the milk flow.
Speaker 3: Forget everything I said. Fruity cheers are delicious. They're like little fruit loops. I'm a fam.
Speaker 1: They are pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big fam, this is good.
Speaker 2: I give it four bowls.
Speaker 3: I give it four bowls as well. This is delicious.
Speaker 2: Well you know what did I rate? I don't think I rated the toast of coconut cheios. If I didn't three balls in a spoon. That thing you gave it too awesome. So this has been a fun film. I really like that fruit cheerios.
Speaker 1: You're going to steal the box? Yeah right, I have to show it to my you understand, I just bring them to all my friends. Very cool.
Speaker 2: All right, So, I mean that was a great bonus episode.
Speaker 1: I liked all the cereals, both cereals. I should say, Well, thanks for checking it out. Sorry that we interrupted your week. Now back to your regularly scheduled work week. I wonder if people appreciate the bonus episodes. Probably not, if it's like one of those things where it just like drops and they're like, ugh a notification. Well you check the numbers and let me know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, sure, Well thanks for listening to Serial Killers. It's the serial podcast where we think inside the box.
Speaker 3: I'm really trying to make that happen and I'm praying for it.
Speaker 2: You know what. I heard it in a commercial the other day. There was like a PSA for something and she's like they're good inside the box and I was angry. Suit we have to trademarkt quick. So thank you for listening. Please follow us on all social platforms at Serial Killers PC. Yes you know, I went and checked the Facebook thing since you're nowhere near it, and.
Speaker 3: I posted today actually the new episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, it posted the episode, but I actually responded to people, So that's cool.
Speaker 3: You do so much. Wow, it's all about down to King Scott.
Speaker 2: No, King a Yama Yama, He's dead. I love you, Andy, I really do. I just want you to know that.
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes it would be nice if you showed it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to this silly little podcast. We'll see tell your.
Speaker 1: Friends about it, like and subscribe it.
Speaker 3: Leave us a rating.
Speaker 1: We have over one hundred ratings on the podcast website. Yes it is no, Yes it is one hundred ratings. Yes, not reviews, though I like the reviews. Okay, I want more reviews.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So actually there was actually a really good one. Somebody liked me but not you, but that's cool.
Speaker 3: Did they really say they didn't like me, No.
Speaker 2: But they just liked me instead.
Speaker 3: Oh okay cool.
Speaker 1: So what you decided to say was decided to take the criticism, or not even the criticism, to take a compliment and somehow also make it against me.
Speaker 2: Wait, I want to hear from the king again. Sorry, I like that.
Speaker 3: You too. You need to get a room, Yeah we do, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Thanks for listening. We'll see you on Friday. Have a great rest of the week. I we'll see you in two days.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is Serial Killers. We love you and until we see you again. Crunch Oh and check out our friends at the crunch cup dot com.
Speaker 1: Yes, crunch cups are great.
Speaker 3: We will use this in my car.
Speaker 2: Good good fun on the go.
Speaker 3: All right, that's a great endorsement. Once again, still not getting paid for anything. Bye bye,