Speaker 1: I'm not even kidding, like at this current moment in time, my tasty music is literally like the My Little Pony soundtrack. I'm not joking like my most like do you want to see my Spotify it's terrifying.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll link the playlist in the description to.
Speaker 1: Your No, no, it's so bad.
Speaker 2: All right, fable babies, Let's play a game. Two truths and a lie. All right. Number one My first acting job was a scene in a movie with Academy Award winner Helen Hunt. Number two I've broken both of my thumbs twice. Or number three, I have six nipples. Okay, what do you think, Helen Hunt? Broken thumbs, six nipples? Which ones the truths? Which one's the lie? You have? Your guests as it in Well, jokes on you because they're all true. And I am a terrible liar, unlike my friend Sophia Gomez, who loves to lie. Not like big, hurtful lies, but like fun, harmless little lies, you know, like cute little deceptions to keep you on your toes and make you question your reality and give you trust issues. By the way, I do have six nipples. Five and six are just very small. I'm will more gullible than a fourth grader McFadden. And this is hashtag story time brought to you by iHeartRadio. I'd love to hear a story if you have a storytime you'd like to share.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I feel like every moment of my life is just like not real.
Speaker 2: We are living in a simulation, so that.
Speaker 1: I mean, we very well could be. I think we are.
Speaker 2: The interesting The thing with the simulation is either we can't be in the middle because we as humans haven't made a simulation that the participants in don't realize that they're in a simulation. Does that make sense, Like we have yet to make a video game where the characters are fully aware and think that they're living, breathing, sentient beings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in SIMS four, you can make your SIMS play SIMS one.
Speaker 2: Whoa, maybe we are so.
Speaker 1: If I so that means we would be like SIMS like eight or something, making our sims play SIMS four, making your SIMS place INS one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what I'm saying is like we're either the first simulation or the last. We can't be somewhere in the middle because we haven't made the next wave of simulation. How do you know that, because I mean, the sims don't. They're not like, well, they're.
Speaker 1: Not like banging on the wall being like Gloomrio.
Speaker 2: But the sims aren't sitting there going like am I a sim? Or am I like A.
Speaker 1: Well, we're probably like just a few sims after.
Speaker 2: Them, Just a few sims. That's a good quote. We're probably just a few sims after them. Okay, first, last, best, worst. Let's say, I'm going to say concert. Do you have you been to a lot of concerts? There is at a bad category.
Speaker 1: No that I have been to a lot of concerts.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what was the first concert you ever went to?
Speaker 1: It was the Selena Gomez Stars Dance Tour Get It Fort Lauderdale, Florida. And I touched her ankle and I almost passed out.
Speaker 2: Okay, how old are you at this time?
Speaker 1: I must have been in like sixth grade? Okay, and I was pretty young in sixth grade, so older sixth graders like ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eleven, maybe, I don't know. I was late. I was a late bloomer.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was like seventeen and sixth grade.
Speaker 1: Oh well, no, I graduated high schoohen I was seventeen, so that just made me giggle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was funny, sime. I like take my time, Yeah, no, it's important. Rushing through middle school and didn't want to get all the info.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So my first concert was Selena Gomez Dance Stars Dance, and I touched her ankle.
Speaker 2: So what you were in the front row, she was in the second row. You reached over the front row to get the ankle.
Speaker 1: There was like a platform, right, she was like walking on. I don't know, I don't really have a whole lot of memory in my brain.
Speaker 2: But that moment, well, that.
Speaker 1: Moment is stuck with me for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Where your finger made contact with Selena Gomez's ankle.
Speaker 1: Through probably like four layers of tights and stuff.
Speaker 2: Was it a formative memory? Was this like a moment?
Speaker 1: I mean I love Selena Gomez, right, I mean I like even Okay, I moved a lot as a kid, huh. And sometimes like if I knew that I just wasn't going to live somewhere very long and like I was never going to see those people again, I would just lie about things. So I.
Speaker 2: Invented the question mark no.
Speaker 1: No, no, But like sometimes people just say things and you can either just like be like, oh, no, I wish that was true, or you could just be like, yes, that is true. Yes. For example, when I so I was in like used to moving, going to school for like a year, and then moving again and then never seeing any of people again, right, And this was like a little bit before social media. So it's not like any of these people would like keep in contact. I mean there was like Facebook, but like who was using Facebook in the third grade? My grandparents, But your parents had Facebook in the third grade? Yeah, Okay. Anyway, so I had just gone to this new school in Beverly Hills that I just moved to. Okay, after I had been living in Florida.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you moved for Florida Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was probably like seven or eight. I was in like third grade, and like it's Beverly Hills, Like no, it was Hawthorne Hawthorne Elementary, and like there's kids there that like were like related to famous people, Like that's not out of the ordinary. And so I was like, oh, are you related to Selena Gomez? And I was like, oh, yeah, it's just my cousin. I just lied about that for like three years.
Speaker 2: Because that lie hurts no one. Yeah, it's a fun just a little like, yeah, deal with it. And then that person thinks cool, I go to school with Selena go cousin. Yeah, they feel good about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's not my cousin. Well, my last name was Gomez.
Speaker 2: So I mean it's a good lie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My dad's been stopped at the airport before because he has the same name as Selena Gomez, his dad.
Speaker 2: I thought you're gonna say he has the same name as Selena Gomez.
Speaker 1: No, he has Selena Gomez and my dad share a name. Okay, and so he's gotten stopped to t s even like, I know who you are. Tell Slene, I say hi. He's like, I'm not Selena Gomez his daughter, and They're like, oh yeah, I'm as his father. I'm saying words wrong. R and I I just said daughter, I'm not Selena Gome as his daughter. Oh, well he's not that.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong.
Speaker 1: I know how to talk.
Speaker 2: You're doing great. Okay. So first concert, Selena Gomez.
Speaker 1: Touched her ankle, touched her ankle.
Speaker 2: We found out your pathological liar through that story.
Speaker 1: I'm not a logical liar. My only life. It's funny and it doesn't hurt anyone.
Speaker 2: I think that's the way to do it. Yeah, okay, so that was first. What was the last concert you went to?
Speaker 1: H So that is also a really good story. So no, this is a really good story. Actually I was talking to this girl because I like girls, and I don't know why I whispered that, but I was talking to this girl and I surprised her with tickets to an Ali and Aj concert, and then we got into a little bit of a predicament and I was like, m I never want to see you again. No, no, no no. I bought the tickets, so I just never.
Speaker 2: You don't get those tickets anymore.
Speaker 1: So, well, it's a it's I mean, it's a longer story than that. So I was like, hey, well I this is another situation where I lied. I don't know why I'm such a liar, but I was. I really really liked her, but I was too embarrassed. God, I hope she's not watching this, Please don't be watching this. I was too embarrassed to tell her that I like wanted to go to this concert with her, and I got her these tickets because they were like VIP tickets. I'm such a anyway, whatever not.
Speaker 2: My bride's really sweet, you know, thoughtful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I lied because I didn't want her to think I was like obsessed with her because it's weird. So I was like, oh, hey, like I just happened to have these tickets to the alien Age concert that I was going to go to with my sister. And then like, now she can't go. I even called my sister first. I was like, Bella, is it okay if I lie about this?
Speaker 2: And she was like, yes, go that's sweet exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, you got to make sure the web is like secure, Yeah, it's tight. And yeah. So anyway, she like couldn't even go, and then I didn't want to talk to her anymore. And then I was like, I'm not even gonna go to this concert. And then my roommate and best friend Rylan, this concert was in Orlando, by the way, Yeah, they didn't have one in South Florida, where I live near Miami. I'm pretty sure. So the only one in Florida was in Orlando, which is hours literally hours away from Miami. So I was just gonna not go to the concert, like whatever. But then Ryland was sad Rylean in my roommate. She was sad because her parents like don't like her and would not give her. Well no, she's like she she lives with me because her parents like kicked her out. I know it's rough, but long story there. But she was like, ugh, my parents will give you my medical history and I'm in and out of the er. My life sucks, and I'm like, you know what, I have vi IP tickets to the Alien Agent concert. So in that moment, we literally had three hours to get there and it was like a three and a half hour drive, so we just were like got it. Well. Also, I lived with my dad's. I was like, hey, Dad, I'm just gonna go WHERELANDA really quick. And he's like do you have a hotel? Like are you okay? And I was like now we'll figure out when we get there. We get in the car, we are on the phone with like the hotel as we're getting asking like we need a hotel right now, and they're like ohh. And then we went and and Aj who is one of the singers. She is in the show called Shira, which is a cartoon and she plays Catra and that character not just spoil the show, but they end up like being gay for each other.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wait is this Shira like Chan and Shira? Yeah? Oh yeah, so I am of the generation that grew up with Chira.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is like a new thing though.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, this is newer, right, but I'm like og Shira Ojihira. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But so anyway, they end up being gay for each other. Whatever. So I brought my little Pride flag because I always keep a Pride flag in my cart. I brought my little Pride flag to the alien Aga concert and they waved it and I was like wow and then maybe a little ankle touch No, but their opening act did DM me after? Oh yeah, well I think I DM them first. I'm just like, slay you guys, slay or I don't know. I made a joke because me and my me and my best friend were really funny. We're funny like that. So I was like, that was so.
Speaker 2: Sweet of you though, to just be like Ryley, you're sad. I got you. We're going to Orlando.
Speaker 1: I I'm so impulsive like that.
Speaker 2: That's a great way to live that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm going to Paris tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I know. That is a whole nother story or that'll be like season five five. Yeah, story time will be this twenty four hours in Paris that you're about to. Yeah, you should go to the catacombs. What the catacombs and Paris they have these underground catacombs that are just full of bones. Just it's like hallways made of bones underground.
Speaker 1: I like literally just threw up in my stomach.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe then it's not for you, real boat, you threw up in your stomach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in there there was like there's like a little version of me down there, who's like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Real bones, real human bones, full of it, just thousands and thousands and thousands of bones. Context the I think it was during the plague, the Black plague, theonic plague. Yeah, right, the bobonics, the Boobos. They were running rampant throughout Paris. This is a terrible thing to be doing. In a silly accent. The graveyards literally were overflowing, and they built these catacombs underground and they were just like taking taking bodies to the catacombs and dumping them in there and then making kind of ornate statues and it's very macabre, you could say statues. There's like pillars, and yeah, they're kind of arranged in cool ways. It's dark, interesting, But you have twenty four hours in pairs. Don't go to the catacombs. That was the worst advice. Oh my god, you're gonna be in Paris for twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Go crawl around in these bones raining when I'm there. That's kind of romantic too, though, No, I agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard of a show called Miraculously Bug?
Speaker 2: I'm here to say, have you ever heard a show called Definitely in Paris? I've watched it twice.
Speaker 1: You've watched Marcos Ladybug twice? Yeah, Miraculous lad Bug. Biggest fan right here, number one if you know you know umbrellas anyway.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we've done two concerts. We've done your first concert, we've done your last concert. Now let's hear about your worst concert, and then we'll end with your best. So it ends on like this is the greatest concert I've ever been to, unless you want to flip it.
Speaker 1: I've been to so many concerts.
Speaker 2: There has to be one that was just a shit show.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, okay, okay, okay, there was one that was pretty It wasn't necessarily a concert, but it was like a music festival, so I.
Speaker 2: That's just a big that's like a bunch of concerts crammed into one.
Speaker 1: So I, my little fifteen sixteen year old emo cell was like, I want to see twenty more pallets front row.
Speaker 2: Yes, fit, that fits?
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I was like I was dating boy at the time, which is funny because I don't like boys anyway, he knows that he was like one of the first people that came out to That's a whole nother story.
Speaker 2: That was season seven.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, season seven. Yeah, that's a whole nother story. But I was wearing like this chain belt on, like this white skirt, and we had gotten there like literally when they didn't perform it. They were like the last people to perform at like literally midnight ish. I don't know that could be a lie I could be lying to, but they were like the last people to perform, and so we got there when it opened and just stood at the front all day watching everyone else. And it was awful because I like do not like rap okay, and almost every single act that went on before them was like these huge rappers that everyone was like so excited for, just like this is awful, not like me, not for me at all. Like I listened to like I'm not even kidding, like at this current moment in time, my tastey music is literally like the My Little Pony soundtrack. I'm not joking, like my most I like, do you want to see my Spotify it's terrifying.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll link the playlist in the description to your.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's so bad. I listened to literally my friends music and the Mile to twenty music. Anyway, that's not even a joke, Like that's so serious anyway. So twenty one Pilots gets there and we're literally so close, and I turn around and there's a sea of people so big panic attack that you can't even see where it ends, Like there had to be thousands of people behind me. And this boy's poor little angel boy. It's like six ' three, I'm like five two. He's holding onto my little belt loop. He didn't even like twenty one Pilots. He just really likes you, so nice to me. Mind you LoVa is in Chicago in Florida.
Speaker 2: You you travel traveled.
Speaker 1: God, it's a long story anyway. So he's a whole holding on to my skirt and like we are being like pulled in like every different directionation. I wasn't wearing that skirt, Like there's no way we would have stuck together, Like I would have been gone. I would have died. And the girl in front of us is like offering drugs, like do drugs right, And I'm like, whoa, I'm sixteen in chill, chill, yes, please, No, I'm not. I'm not. I'm not that kind of person. Never have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are always like when and I'm like, I don't know, I don't want to die.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, you do.
Speaker 1: You scary it is.
Speaker 2: It is a scary world that, right, don't take drugs from strangers at concerts. That's the moral of the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, it was really scary. And then so but.
Speaker 2: That was the best, the way that was the worst. That was the worst, Okay because.
Speaker 1: Because because I was like sweating and crying.
Speaker 2: And there's a sea of undulating people.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's so warm, which is weird because it was Chicago at night.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also I mean I'm just picturing you and then the like front row through all these acts, these hip hop acts, and you're just like not impressed. I enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Like I when I say I listen to My Little Pony of music, like, I'm not joking.
Speaker 2: I believe you.
Speaker 1: Like that's what I listened every single day on the way to work.
Speaker 2: Friendship is magic.
Speaker 1: Friendship is magic. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: I also grew up in the era of original My Little Pony.
Speaker 1: What generation of My Little Pony was it?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what was happening when I was a child.
Speaker 3: Interesting, You're like you're ancient, No, I think first with like, I think it was one or two generations before Friendship his magic.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, I'm not like there's so much. I had a moment where I did a Shakespeare play called Midsummer. We did mids My Little Pony, and yes, I was a pony version of Lysander. Oh, and there was lots.
Speaker 1: Of like I would pay so much money to save to.
Speaker 2: Me prancing around and galloping. I'm yelling Shakespeare in like a boufont wig covered in glitter. There's pictures where was this? This was in Culver City in a park and it was like Shakespeare in the park.
Speaker 1: For I wasn't invited.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you were probably at that like twenty one pilot's show was probably when you're.
Speaker 1: When I was sixteen. I doubt it.
Speaker 2: It was longer than that. It was longer. It was like six or seven years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, they must have been living here.
Speaker 2: We'll restage, I'll redo it for you, please do Okay? Then, best concert you've ever been.
Speaker 1: To probably Taylor Swift reputation just because I.
Speaker 2: Okay, just lit up.
Speaker 1: It's like, yes, yeah, I have listened to Taylor Swift my entire life. Yeah, Like she grew up in a place that I have lived, and.
Speaker 2: So like there's a connection there.
Speaker 1: So there's a connection there. I like knew her babysitter. Apparently I don't remember that, but apparently I knew her babysitter.
Speaker 2: That's I mean, maybe the babysitter is also a liar.
Speaker 1: That's true. I didn't even think that babysitter. I've passed by her house like we like. It's it's a very small town in Pennsylvania, like Reading area, just tiny. You probably don't even know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I know I've spent time in Pennsylvania in reading.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was I don't know why I keep doing this reading. It's this tiny yourself anyway. Anyway, So I've been listening to her my whole entire life, and I had gotten tickets for the Red Tour and then my sister sold them for money. Evil.
Speaker 2: You gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Sometimes she's so silly. I don't know why she did that. But so I didn't get to go to the Red Tour, and so, I mean, I've been listening to Taylor Swift since I was you know, since I knew what music was. And reputation happened, and I finally got to go and it was just like, oh my god, she's a real person, screaming, crying, throwing up.
Speaker 2: How did How long does she does her show? Like? How long does she play for?
Speaker 1: Not long enough? Really, there will never be long enough.
Speaker 2: I know, but like does she play for like two hours?
Speaker 1: Or like I don't remember. Honestly, this was like years ago.
Speaker 2: Because I saw Bruce Springsteen in Italy in Rome.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, does musical theater kind of concerts?
Speaker 2: I don't think I can say yes to that, as much as I want to be, like yes, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Because I saw Hamilton the night before the Tony's with the original Broadway cast in New York.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, musical theater is more than a concert. It's a it's a whole show.
Speaker 1: It's Yeah, so that was That's probably the best like live music I've ever experienced in my life.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's not really a concert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just an experience on it. Really, I'm not I'm gonna I'm not that big of a Hamilton. I love musical theater in Hamilton. I feel like it's just a little over rated.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's I don't know enemies, I don't think I think it's I think it's rated.
Speaker 2: You think it's raided, don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's overrated or under it. I think it's rated. I mean I think there is a lot of shows that are underrated.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of Cats.
Speaker 1: Do you hate Hamilton? Why are you making that face?
Speaker 2: Straight? Straight? Rated?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like there's overwhelmed, underwhelmed. I'm just whelmed, just whelmed, quelmed. How do you feel like I'm whelmed?
Speaker 2: Just justicious. It's a little Yeah. No, have you ever seen Cats?
Speaker 1: No? I haven't.
Speaker 2: I saw Cat's opening night in the movie version. It's a fever dream. It's a Nightmare, Taylor Swift is in that she is one of the best parts.
Speaker 1: I know she definitely carried. I haven't seen it, but I just know she carried.
Speaker 2: There's a part where Rebel Wilson unzips her fur and to reveal that she has more fur on underneath and clothes, and it made me want to jump out of my own skin. It's there's dancing cockroaches. None of it makes any sense, Like the size of things. The whole time I was watching the movie, I was asking, like, how big are things? How big are cats? How bigger forks? Why is the fork so big it's bigger than the cat? How? It was just constantly hurting my brain. And I loved it and I've watched it many times. And I also saw the original because I went Opening Night like a weirdo. The CG like wasn't done and they're like their hands just looked normal, like they didn't have fur on their hands. Judy Densch had her wedding ring on. Oh no, somewhere out there, apparently there's a buttthole cut. Did you ever heard about this? No, where they like CG, they added like buttholes to the cats?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: And then the director saw that was like erase the butttholes, but like on a hard drive somewhere there's a butthole cut that where all the cats have computer animated be holes. And Okay, so we've I think we've we've heard all.
Speaker 1: We've heard the concerts, so many concerts, so many concerts.
Speaker 2: But I think you've also teased out many other stories.
Speaker 1: I just I literally like, I don't think I've had a normal week in my life ever, so I've had a chaotic life.
Speaker 2: But that I feel like that means you have to come back on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh I so well. I love talking talk for a living, so.
Speaker 2: Normally we do we love to do like a moral of the story and like what what what did what did you learn? But since we talked about four different concerts, maybe what what what? If you give the audience a little advice on like having a good concert experience if it's.
Speaker 1: A music festival, bring water, don't leave your drink unattended, buddy system, pee beforehand, always pe beforehand. Never pee in the middle of a concert. It's the worst thing you can do, true, No, literally it is. Make sure you don't need your voice the next.
Speaker 2: Day, right, so you can really belt it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when I was at the ali A concert, I had to voice act. Like the next day, I was like, I can't scream hello all right? No, I literally was just like I was so excited, but I couldn't scream.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh, you saved your voice. I thought you showed up to the voice actor.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get fired smart.
Speaker 2: That was that was very like responsible of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am. I am responsible.
Speaker 2: And then I guess I'll I'd love to know what's the next concert you're going to go to? Is it My Little Pony?
Speaker 1: I would love to I don't think they have My Little Pony concerts anymore.
Speaker 2: We got to throw one.
Speaker 1: Those are like the only voice actors I haven't met, or the voice actors from My Little Pony. If literally everyone else.
Speaker 2: In the world, if you, if you're a voice actor on My Little Pony, uh, reach out, we'd love to connect.
Speaker 1: You, especially Ashley Ball. If you voice rainbow Dash.
Speaker 2: Please Ashball, rainbow Dash.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite reach out. My hair's rainbow right now because of Rainbow Dash. I pulled up to VidCon in a rainbowe stucket. Oh yeah, it's embarrassing. I learned the electric guitar because I like Rambodash so much. I want to be a castAR.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is no.
Speaker 2: I'm so really.
Speaker 1: My first fish was named Dreambodash when I was six years old. I'm not joking.
Speaker 2: I believe it. You're not lying.
Speaker 1: This is no, This is no no, this is serious. Is a serious I love it.
Speaker 2: At the end of this whole attack, you're like, all of that was made up, none of that was true.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that would be so funny.
Speaker 2: Never been to any of those concerts.
Speaker 1: Sang, I am going to improv so like I could have just lied to you. Maybe next time I'll lie.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, perfect, Well we'll just have.
Speaker 1: To Maybe I won't. Maybe I'm lying right now about lying next time? Conception?
Speaker 2: All right, Storytime season twelve, Is it a lie or not? That's the theme? I love it? Okay, cool, that's all cool? Okay bye. Well that about does it for this week's episode of hashtag story Time. Huge thanks again to Sophia. Make sure to check out all her links in the description of the episode and take a second to hit subscribe so you don't miss next week's episode, or give us a call at this story Time hotline three two three e seven four one eighteen seven three E and tell us your story to be featured on an upcoming Listener Tales episode. And if you're enjoying the podcast, please leave us a review. It helps us out A ton and I literally read every single one of them. Hashtag story Time is produced by iHeartRadio and Curativity Productions. Hosted by Will McFadden. Sound designed by Tony maddox, written by Will McFadden Jason Shapiro, Produced by Jason Shapiro and Daniel Lamorra. Theme song by Scott Simon.