Speaker 1: Oh hey, welcome to Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, it's Monday.
Speaker 1: What day? What date?
Speaker 2: The twenty fourth of April?
Speaker 1: Is it the twenty fourth?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Camp, my birthday's in a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Wow, your birthday's on the thirtieth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Didny you remember?
Speaker 3: So this is your birthday episode? It should have been last one. We could have celebrated with the millennials for your birthday.
Speaker 2: No, what, I'm not eating twenty three year old cereal again.
Speaker 1: I have twenty seven year old cereal this day.
Speaker 2: Please kidding?
Speaker 3: All right, So this is Serial Killers. It's the podcast where we talk about cereal. Yeah, it's very exciting, very exciting. We are the number one serial podcast. You know there are really because there really aren't that many others. Yeah, and we have the most episodes, the most listens. You know, we've done the most serials.
Speaker 2: If we have any money downloads, we need.
Speaker 3: To actually figure out a number the number of cereals that we've done, Like we're well into the six sevent eight hundred of this.
Speaker 2: We were over six hundred last year, so now I'm guessing we're close to one thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe the millennial ceial to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Please never again never I have flashbacks.
Speaker 1: Okay, so is that new class? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just we're just gonna do cereals. Okay, it's not really new or classic whatever. This one's actually stupid. Okay, so we're gonna start the episode off with a stupid new cereal.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's dumb.
Speaker 2: Why are you?
Speaker 1: Well? Say hello to too can Sam?
Speaker 2: I to can't Sam.
Speaker 1: But there's no reason for this cereal?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: It's fruit loops.
Speaker 3: Mega mix ups. So basically it's large fruit loops and small fruit loops. Makes no sense, but it's a new cereal, so we must try.
Speaker 2: Is this their next thing?
Speaker 1: You know it's gonna taste like fruit lut loops? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, this like this, it's annoying because this is just Kellogg's being lazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah lazy. I agree with you. It doesn't make sense and there's really no point to it. Like what what is the shtick? Is that it's just big fruit loops. It's almost small fruit loops.
Speaker 3: It almost feels like every cereal company must have a quota to get an x number of new cereals on the shelf every year. Yeah, and when they can't think of anything new there's eh, just throw together something old and rebrand.
Speaker 2: It, I say. I also dislike this explore fruit loops world. Is there now like a serial universe like the Marvel universe, where it's like an interconnected story that they're all gonna do. Also, I feel we are just on the cusp of them making ceial movies. I feel like this is gonna happen with the mascots. I just have a feeling that they're gonna make shows something.
Speaker 1: Why don't we make a movie called serial Killers.
Speaker 2: And then we kill the Cereal Maxcar mascots.
Speaker 1: No, Joe, you think it's funny, Well, what are you doing? No, I don't think you are. You're tearing it.
Speaker 2: No, dear, that's tearing seriously.
Speaker 1: And look how lazy they were. Huh huh. Oh.
Speaker 2: You hate when it's the same box art front and back.
Speaker 1: It couldn't even change the serial colors. It's exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know, man, And yeah, like at least give it some type of fun shtick besides just big and small.
Speaker 3: There's been many incarnations of fruit loops that are just fruit loops. Yeah, you know, and you saw that one that by the way, that one that was going right online that every day.
Speaker 1: Everyone was tagging.
Speaker 3: Us, you gotta try this with that guy's eating that one giant fruit loop. First of all, that wasn't an actual fruit loop. It was a fake fruit loop from some other company, and it okay, great hahaha, like what I wasn't following for that.
Speaker 2: This has been another episode of Scott Everything. Scott's recommended things by our lovely listeners, and he poops all over this.
Speaker 3: It's not recommended. I saw it seven thousand times saw it and.
Speaker 1: What we're gonna eat you.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get one over on me. Listeners who listen.
Speaker 1: Let's open let's open up a box. There is one giant fruit loop in it. Ha ha.
Speaker 2: I think that would be funny and we could have done it on a bull chat.
Speaker 1: Why why not?
Speaker 3: Okay, here Andrew have some fruit loops, so there's regular sized ones in there.
Speaker 2: Te me, these aren't fruit loops. These are fruit loops mega mix ups.
Speaker 3: And there's some that are a little bit bigger. Like the fact that they changed them machinery just for this is just dumb.
Speaker 2: I don't think they even did. They just had the leftover shape. They probably had so many leftover big ones, because nobody wanted giant fruit loops that they were just like just throw them in.
Speaker 3: The extruder had to be changed. The little tip on the extruder machine had to be changed to make them bigger.
Speaker 2: What's that you just explained it. It's the thing at the end of the thing that pops out the things a Cereal die cutter, it's like, and how to make it bigger?
Speaker 1: Ready? Root loop?
Speaker 2: Root Loop? I mean, is this more money?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: I feel bad giving this five balls because I feel like it's just lazy. But at the same time, it's froot loops and I love froot loops.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you something, this rating right here will put our show to the test, Like if we don't give this exactly the same as we gave regular froot loops a thousand episodes ago, then we're giant liars or our.
Speaker 1: Tastes have changed.
Speaker 2: I like froot loops.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 3: It always reminds me of Sleepway Camp. I say that every time applejacks fruit loops corn pops reminds me of Sleepway Camp because they were the staples on the table.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't for me remind me of any of that. But I just like them, so I give it five five. I like, I'm not gonna give this like a bad rating because it's fruit loops. And if it's not, if it's the same price as regular fruit loops, just do this or get the regular It's not.
Speaker 1: Classic fruit loops with jumbo frut loops mixed in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the jumbo ones aren't also that gigantic where it like sometimes they're just really crunchy and that annoys me.
Speaker 1: But these are nice four balls in a spoon.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now, after this, I'm gonna go to Serial KILLERSPC dot com.
Speaker 1: Check out the ratings. Do it? Do it? See what we gave it. Also see how many.
Speaker 3: Different varieties of froot loops that they're having, because there have been a lot marshmallows, the tropical crappy one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the tropical one was so bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hold on, remember when two can Sam was wearing the Hawaiian shirt, he was getting all crazy?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, who's too?
Speaker 1: Can Sam?
Speaker 2: Really fruit?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Who's calling me from Cranford?
Speaker 3: Don't don't please it's f r o O T because it's not real fruit.
Speaker 1: Oh oh did you actually type f r U I T?
Speaker 2: Did you actually typed loops.
Speaker 3: Wow, you really don't belong on this podcast. It's insane that you put f R U I T. Calm it down, I can't.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: That was was that regular fruit loops straight up regularly.
Speaker 2: I gave it five bulls. You gave fruit loops four bowls.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I bumped it up a spoon then cool.
Speaker 2: It looks like I'm the consistent one here.
Speaker 1: Well because you tat fruit.
Speaker 2: Wait, what can you say the game fruit f R U I T. No, it's not f r O O T.
Speaker 3: And you know why, because they're fruit No cruz, there's no fruit in it, so they can't call it that.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, you probably said that in that episode.
Speaker 3: Probably, all right, shall we move on now. I was walking through the aisles of stopping shop the other day. I always troll the I troll the different supermarkets. Yep, I slowly walk up and down the aisles.
Speaker 2: You're painting a good visual right here. I'm just listening.
Speaker 3: I went toward the end of all the you know, regular brand stuff, and I was like, I see Cascadian form there, singular, and I'm like, you know, there's there's so many Cascadian form cereals on the shelf. I know we've done a bunch, but have we ever done this one? Because it didn't bring a bell and I looked it up and we had not done it.
Speaker 2: What did you look up?
Speaker 1: Cascadian form singular. Yes, they only have one.
Speaker 3: Farm now unless Newman screwed something up.
Speaker 1: We've never done this before. Multi grain squares.
Speaker 2: Ooh, it's like checks yeah.
Speaker 1: Like kind of.
Speaker 3: But I I searched. I searched under multi, I searched under grain. I searched under Cascadian farm singular. Because I could have sworn we've done this before. It's just a basic ass cereal.
Speaker 2: I thought it was called Cascadian Farm the farmland.
Speaker 1: No, that's just that's their thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's nice, so it's cool if they want to restore farmlands. That's fun.
Speaker 1: So here we go.
Speaker 3: This is a General Mill cereal. Okay, you know, masquerading is some healthy things. Masquerading, right, take off just take off the mask.
Speaker 1: General.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just picturing like a like a Marty gram.
Speaker 1: Mask on it. That's right, the General with the with the Marty. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would is there. I would like to see what General Mills looks like. Oh no, General No, no, it's not a thing.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not.
Speaker 1: No, it's a company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but maybe there was like an original general.
Speaker 3: No general, as in like it's just je oh you know, okay, nothing special, just general.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, okay, I love that fruit.
Speaker 1: Boop smells like cardboard.
Speaker 2: Great, just to be just to show smell cinnamon.
Speaker 1: Just I'm not tricking you. It's good till you know the end of this year.
Speaker 2: Thank you, because guess what these were from twenty twenty, from two thousand nine twenty.
Speaker 1: Actually from nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Great, even better.
Speaker 3: Out here go here's me, here's the drooling milk, the drippy drool. Yeah, thank you, using two percent good and gather from Target. Still no milk sponsor, Still no sponsor at all. Something we're not doing something right.
Speaker 2: We gotta get an agent.
Speaker 1: We keep saying that, but then we don't.
Speaker 2: Well ow ow ow ow ow what do you do?
Speaker 1: Hard movie about You're an idiot? Not checks. They're not checks at all. They're more.
Speaker 2: There's a sulking without the salt.
Speaker 1: No, it's not even close.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm trying to think of what they're Oh you know what, it's life cereal.
Speaker 1: No, this is most closely related to life.
Speaker 2: And that's an insult to life. Not checks Life Cereal is absolutely delicious. This is nothing of the sort. This is a two bowler for me. This has no flavor. It's way too crunchy. I cut the roof of my mouth. I might be bleeding right now. Many bowls, two bowls, I many have three bowls in a spom good. No, it needs more sugar, and that's what Life Cereal has.
Speaker 1: Does a touch there's just a touch of brown sugar.
Speaker 2: That should have touched it more.
Speaker 1: I taste it, well, it's supposed to be healthier.
Speaker 2: No, not good. Not a fan.
Speaker 1: I think it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I like the purpose, like I like that they're supporting the farm land. I don't know how they're doing that through General Mills, which is a giant company. Probably just a tax right off for them. But you know what, it's nice that they're trying.
Speaker 3: They are masquerading whole grain, wheat, rice, corn meal, sugar, sea salt, barley, malt, extra vita.
Speaker 2: Me. Yeah, it's not that good.
Speaker 1: It's not that bad. They got peaches and raspberries on there.
Speaker 2: Did you say that as a life joke?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: It's not that bad?
Speaker 3: No, Actually, you said it's not that good, So I said, it's not that bad, which is about the life reference.
Speaker 1: You don't even know what that is.
Speaker 2: I do. Mikey likes it, he does. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wasn't the guy a salesman in our company? He was? He was? Yeah, he worked actually worked here for a while. I don't know if he still does.
Speaker 2: Huh, yeah, he was the og Mikey.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and he worked here. Wow. Shall we take a break?
Speaker 3: Oh sure, cool, don't push anything, there's nothing there, Andrew, it's also you also didn't turn it up there.
Speaker 1: We go see you after the break.
Speaker 2: Here we're back. So for those that didn't eat the know what the last cereal was. It was Cascadian Farm singular multi green squares. Cool.
Speaker 3: So our friend Ramiro in California, he sent us those snacks that we had on last week.
Speaker 1: Remember, so we sent a box of cereal.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: They're all Mexican cereals. He sent them creepily, just like I used to do. Like the bag just had numbers on them, and then the box had numbers because it was too hard to pack the box. Yeah, all that. So everything he said was in Spanish. So I picked the one that I wanted to try most for this episode. Okay, he did send some chruro cereals, and we'll do that later on. We're gonna have a battle of the churo Cerealso so, since we only needed one here, I'm gonna do this one.
Speaker 1: Now. This is Kellogg's corn Flakes sabor.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: You know what it means? No, what do you think it means? Look at the box, Look at the art. Oh cinnamon, I thought so too.
Speaker 2: No, that's a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a thing.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Uh uh well, so I looked it up. What does it mean in English?
Speaker 3: A flat semi sweet cake made mainly of eggs, flour, and milk, fried in deep fat, and usually served with sugar and cinnamon or cane syrup.
Speaker 1: Huh so deep fat corn flakes.
Speaker 2: When you say that, it doesn't sound as good.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, how would they market that in the United States? Hey, get your corn flakes dipped and date fat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. At the Iowa State Fair, they'll fry anything. You know.
Speaker 2: Oh, be as your Iowa reference. You always gotta get one.
Speaker 1: Well, why not?
Speaker 2: Thing me me me me mean corn grind corn corn corn?
Speaker 1: Oh that smells nice?
Speaker 2: Oh it does that's actually really nice. I have a feeling this is gonna be incredible.
Speaker 1: See on the back they have it with a steaming cup of coffee. Coffee, I guess, is right?
Speaker 2: Can I say that the M and m's with the cold brew on the inside.
Speaker 3: What there's a cereal out somewhere coldbrew that has M and ms in it?
Speaker 1: What? Yes, that is not cereal anymore? No?
Speaker 2: What I want?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: I want to go to Brooklyn and get that croissant cereal that's fifty bucks. It's at that bakery, and I really want to get it.
Speaker 1: Very gimmicky.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I want it. I just want to try it. This is gonna be incredible, and I.
Speaker 1: Just know it because it's deep fat.
Speaker 2: Yeah probably that, and also because it's gonna not be like a churl. I have a feeling it's gonna be like a frosted flake dipped in cinnamon.
Speaker 3: It's that they call it cornflakes though, because corn flakes you think really healthy generally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not in Mexico.
Speaker 2: But these get your deep fy it ready?
Speaker 1: That's overwhelming?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Yeah, it's very flavorful. This is incredible.
Speaker 1: That's a punch in the face of flavor. Yep, it's almost too much for me.
Speaker 2: Not for me. This gets to buy bulls. What this is incredible? Holy crap, this is good. It tastes like a pastry like it's not said they were able to like do that.
Speaker 3: I'm not loving it that much. I can understand why you feel the way that you feel, but the flavor is just overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: My feelings are valid yeah, so yeah for that reason. Three balls.
Speaker 2: Oh that's rude.
Speaker 1: No, I can't do any more than that.
Speaker 2: No, that's rude, but it's I'll validate your feelings the same way you did mine, and I'll say I understand, even though I don't. If you find these someplace, you gotta get them, folks.
Speaker 1: You're only getting them in Mexico.
Speaker 2: Who knows, maybe at grocery stores here, if you go to certain grocery stores.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that they export these.
Speaker 2: This is incredible. This is so good.
Speaker 3: This hold up me, sperdos and duestras, hold on, eat and resitas tipicas a labramos, el sabor bunuelo. Pata celebra not tradisson day hun tarnos. It's it's yeah, it's celebrating the tradition of something de la cosina Mexicano.
Speaker 1: That's a kitchen in Mexico.
Speaker 2: Frosted miniweeds, cinnamon frosted flakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not even close. Cinnamon frosted flakes is not even close to this.
Speaker 2: I gave cinnamon frosted flakes four bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 3: Why would you be looking that, U when you should be looking up cinnamon corn flakes.
Speaker 1: We'll learn about cereal andy.
Speaker 2: Well, no, because I'm saying I thought it tasted like a frosted flake in cinnamon, so I wanted to look that up.
Speaker 3: Should lok up cinnamon cornflakes? That's the closest relative cornflake?
Speaker 2: Cinnamon got three point eight?
Speaker 1: Okay, overall? Would you give it?
Speaker 2: I gave it four bowls. This is way better. This is it has like a good sweetness to it. This is delicious.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for Miro much appreciate it.
Speaker 3: And some more Ramiro California and Mexican cereals will be coming in the coming weeks. I love that one of them is coffee related, and it's so coffee related that it is a foil silver foil Bago. You know, I'm gonna love that I wish we would have had it out when Poot McGee was here.
Speaker 1: He loves coffee. Cereals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Greg about cereal from time to time, every once in a while, whole like an episode. So I don't think he listens a lot, but you know.
Speaker 2: When he does, he likes what was the one that he liked?
Speaker 1: Coffee? No, he likes coffee.
Speaker 2: So we had a British cereal while he was here.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, that damn it. I forgot my child.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have over eight hundred of him, so I would.
Speaker 3: Like to do account and if you could give us account of cereals through today, I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: Thank you Newman.
Speaker 3: Of course I could go on the website and look, but I just don't have the time. So thank you for listening to Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: You don't want to do anything else.
Speaker 1: You want to do another box?
Speaker 2: I mean, why don't we do another one. It's only seventeen minutes. Let's give the listeners one more.
Speaker 1: Because we're like, we're wasting stuff at this point.
Speaker 2: Okay, then let's not. Well, thank you guys so much for listening. I feel like the last two episodes we did, we weren't very mean to each other and I like that.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I did try to kill you in the last episode and you didn't see that. Go to YouTube and check it out. Yeah, and subscribe and like and comment and do all the Actually, don't comment on the YouTube videos because I just get emails and it's so obnoxious. You set it up where I get emails every time someone comments.
Speaker 2: I could just go, look, you're that old man. This is the other thing that I don't understand are people who reply all the things and like, take me off this chain immediately.
Speaker 1: Yes, Scott has removed himself from this conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, don't be so dramatic, Scott.
Speaker 1: But I don't need to. I don't need every two second.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't the thing that all these people are commenting on on her videos.
Speaker 1: It's a great thing, but can you take me off the notification?
Speaker 4: I very much like review I don't like getting emails in inbox. Take me out and all of a sudden Russian her, I don't like email.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was you.
Speaker 2: Do you want to get ramen?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: I have a dermatologist appointment today. Oh exciting, I forget all kinds of things cut off.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, jeez, and one of those.
Speaker 1: I hope that girl's out there again. Whatmever that?
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for listening to this episode of Serial Killers. We probably will see you Wednesday because we're back in studio. Now, back in studio and as long as Andrew is bombarded with work from when the show was off, we'll be able to record something for you. So we'll see you hopefully Wednesday, and for sure again next Monday for an all new Serial Killers podcast, The podcast where we eat cereal and let you know whether you should or.
Speaker 2: Not, Scott's experts at serial Knowledge, and Andrew's just along for.
Speaker 3: The ride as long as you know your place.
Speaker 2: That's of course, of course.
Speaker 3: Check us out on all socials serial Killers PC. Check out the website serial killerspc dot com. Buy a T shirt like.
Speaker 2: In review the podcasting.
Speaker 1: I just got a notification.
Speaker 2: Subscribe on YouTube there or there somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yes, please all right, take care of everybody, say crunch Andrew.
Speaker 2: Crunch.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Bring I just got another one. Stop comment bring another one.
Speaker 2: Gybye