Speaker 1: Good morning in Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo Charlamagne the God Peace to up playing.
Speaker 1: It is Friday, Yes, it's Friday. It is Friday.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: No need to see there and act like we're not tired just because we're on BT. The weekend is here, the weekend his Head is going to be an amazing weekend. You hear me, an amazing weekend. Judy Bloom's documentary Forever comes out the day on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 2: I believe it is.
Speaker 1: I'm excited about that because you know big Bloom energy over here. The Black Effect Podcast Festival is tomorrow and Atlanta at Pullman Yards that sold out, and then Ryan Garcia and Jevonte Davis fight tomorrow night. So it is a great weekend. A lot going on this weekend, lot of content, well at least for me.
Speaker 2: Yes, in my world.
Speaker 1: Last night I got a full night sleep. It felt so good man, twenty hours you get I went to sleep put like his ice sy. None of the games I've seen half the next game, So talking about let me tell you what happened.
Speaker 4: So yesterday was my daughter's first day in school. Yeah, her first day in school. She's seventeen months okay, so it was her first day in school.
Speaker 1: So I guess school really burnt her out and she wasn't trying to do nothing.
Speaker 2: So at about seven o'clock she was knocked out.
Speaker 1: That's all you need, and that's what I needed right then and there after when she got home, she ate and she went out. Only rookie parent, my goodness, only rookie parents stay up, stay up after their kids go to sleep. When you learned that when you got young kids, when they go to bed, you'll ask you to go to sleep. Yes, my my iPhone tells me that at seven twenty that my bedtime is in the hour, you knowing the kid's bedtime is.
Speaker 2: Around the same time. Yeah, my kids a bedtime on.
Speaker 1: They washed up and they eating and in that bed. I'm right behind him. And I did stay up last night to watch the ketchup on a little Dickey Dave effects, but I was only that that was only till about nine fifteen after that knocked out. That's what life has come to people, You know what I mean? How many hours of sleep you get last night eight dropping the clues bombs for you. Okay, you got seven to eight hours of sleep last night. I respect you on a whole different level. You got your priorities in order.
Speaker 4: All I know is, boy, that school put my baby to sleep. Boy, and she had a great day of school. That was her first day. She had a great day. I love it because I could watch you on the cameras all day long.
Speaker 1: But good.
Speaker 2: When I picked up, she was tired and I needed that. She needed it, but I need it.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: We're bright out in bushytail. We want to enjoy the day to day.
Speaker 1: Okay, because I was talking about my tailor, I read this morning that Isaac Newton said the end of the world will be in twenty and sixty, so we only got about forty more years lost time. Let's enjoy every day. Well, let's get the show crack. And we got a bunch of people joining us this morning. Chloe Bailey will be joining us. My cousin Chloy will be here to talk that new album in pieces and Pieces. Yes, praise the movie and a whole lot more. You say that the movie, I don't know about all that. And also Jim Jones Capito will be joining us. He's been in the trending the news recently talking about how he feels between Drake and jay Z and also push the t shit and be in the top fifty and just the projects. And just know that whatever Jim Jones says is just his opinion. That's correct. Correct, it's just his opinion.
Speaker 2: Correct. All right, we got front page news. Next it don't move figure out.
Speaker 1: That's right. It's the Breakfast Club the Morning. Oh we got a worldwide exclusive too. I haven't heard it.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's listen to this together.
Speaker 4: This is the Weekend and Future and it's called Double Fantasy. It's the Breakfast Club Morning Morning, everybody. It's the j Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. That was the Weekend and Future Double Fantasy. That's a little skating ring bop.
Speaker 1: Okay, I haven't skated in years, but that song definitely is a roller ring music. That's the kind of music make you write a little letter. Whill you go with me?
Speaker 2: Yes and no?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Check a box? Yeah, a little bop, little bob.
Speaker 4: All right, well, let's get to the front page news.
Speaker 2: Start off with sports.
Speaker 1: Now, the next beat, the seventh oh sorry, seven to six is beat the next one O two ninety seven. The Suns beat the Clippers one twenty nine, one twenty four, and the Warriors beat the Kings one fourteen to ninety seven. Okay, Warriors, see they're back at home now, Warriors can win at home. They have trouble winning on the road. A good road team this year for whatever reason. And of course Draymond Green didn't play because he was suspended. Now what else we got, miss Testling? Figure how you feeling?
Speaker 6: First of all, I'm feeling good. I am in Atlanta for the first ever Black Effect Podcast Network Festival. Okay, and flew in on Southwest and I noticed you guys wait until I left yesterday to throw all this Southwest Airline shade for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that dude from Orlando that was on the Southwest. Was any crying babies on your flight?
Speaker 5: Test?
Speaker 7: It was not, But that had nothing to do with Southwest. It was that gentleman that called, well, not gentlemen, but that idiot that caused the problem.
Speaker 6: But I shout out to you for throwing that shade when I left, though.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you made it safely on Southwest. You one of the blessed ones.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 4: Now, let's talk about this former pro wrestler. Now he's charged with welfare fraud.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 6: While House Republicans are trying to cut food stamp benefits, which we're going to talk about later this morning, rich people in Mississippi are running welfare scams from the food program. Former professional wrestler Ted Teddy the Bias junior of Madison, Mississippi. Yes, the million dollars, million dollars worth of schemes. He received, sham company contracts and misspent millions of dollars of welfare money that was supposed to help some of America's most needy, most neediest people. The indictment is the latest development in an ongoing Mississippi corruption case involving wealthy and well connected people receiving contracts from the state Department of Human Services from twenty sixteen to twenty nineteen. Now, according to the indictment, Davis directed funds from the Emergency Food Assistance Program and the Temporary Assistance for Needed Families to buy a vehicle, a boat, and for a down payment on a house, among other things. He is charged with one count of conspiracy to commit wirefraud and to commit theft concerning programs receiving federal funds, six council wire ruh, two counts of theft concerning programs receiving federal funds, and four counts of money laundering.
Speaker 7: Now, when I.
Speaker 6: Read this story, it reminded me of the great Fannie lou Hamer and what she said about Mississippi in nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 3: Take a listen, Mississippi is still a very rough place. No, people is not just walking up like they used to do in the past, walking out, No shooting a man down or getting maybe two or three hundred people carrying you out and linking you. But it's it's in a small settled way.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, they let you starve to death and not give you jobs. These are some of the things that's happening right now in Mississippi. See, Mississippi is not actually Mississippi's problem. Mississippi is a miracle's problem.
Speaker 2: Mm mmde.
Speaker 6: That was fifty five years ago. Uh, Fanny lou Hamer was talking about Mississippi. So this is another examples. So if he is convicted of this, he will face five years in prison for the conspiracy count and up to twenty years for each wire fraud count in ten years for the count of theft concerning programs with federal fun.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you, Ted Dbossi, Rick Flair would never And what makes rich Americans think that if they cut welfare that's gonna work out for them? Like if people can't eat, if people can't afford food, who you think they're eventually gonna come after? They coming where the wealth is at You jeopardizing your own safety and your own well being because those same people that's starving gonna find a way to survive, and that survival is gonna come from taking what you got.
Speaker 2: Best believe that.
Speaker 6: Yep, we're gonna talk about that more next hour about how they are trying to cut the food stamp program.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you, Tess. We'll see in a little bit.
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest is next eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, Get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast, it's Ted Deboxi's son, Teddy Jr. It's the junior at the Junior a million dollar So okay, a million dollar son. Yes, all right, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: How you feeling?
Speaker 10: I'm better now, how are you doing?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 1: What's monny, Mariah?
Speaker 2: Talk to us?
Speaker 10: Uncle Charla?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what's happening?
Speaker 7: Oh wow?
Speaker 10: Okay, So I have to have some things to get off my sat. First, I want to say I appreciate, Charla, how you put one or support. I am a very very stressed over word teacher in Georgia, and I just want to say I need people to just having a better level of respect for us because it's really really hard out here.
Speaker 12: But also I.
Speaker 10: Need people to respect on my bank account. I'm working way too hard to be as broke as I am.
Speaker 1: My mother My mother was a school My mother was a public school teacher, and she the most she ever made in Berkeley County Monks Corner was I think thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: She said, wow a year.
Speaker 12: Oh sweet tears.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's about the equivalence too. So yeah, I just want to deal with that because the I R S is that's be coming from me because even as a brokere I owe I need to tax you, and I don't know how that happens.
Speaker 1: I feel like teachers should be taxing them. Don't you feel like teachers should be teaching them if you work at a public school, I think so.
Speaker 10: Yes, my life will be so much easier.
Speaker 12: But you know, here we are.
Speaker 10: And the second thing I want to say, if I need people to get rid of this rational idea that family is supposed to just ride or die no matter what. If family is jeopardized in your piece, they can go just like the next person.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's exactly right. My therapist tells me the same thing. I've been realized that way before therapy, thor that that's part of boundaries.
Speaker 2: Family some of the first people you end up cutting off in your life.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but then I'm the bad guy when I speak up for myself. But I'm just over it. I got a really badball call from my brother yesterday. That's just one question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you when you pray to God to take negativity out your life, He's not swinging at uh, you know, just just things. He's swinging at spirits and energy, and sometimes that spirit and energy consistent people in your family might be your brother, your mother, your sister. It is what it is.
Speaker 10: Oh, kah Oh. I needed to hear that.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yes, what grade do you teach?
Speaker 11: Marian?
Speaker 10: I am an eighth grade history teacher?
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody Georgia history and let me tell you very problematic.
Speaker 12: But here we are.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna buy you lunch today. Mariah, what's your cash app? Tell us your cash.
Speaker 10: App, Uncle, Charlotte. My cash app is, of course, the money signed Riah r I A H and lex.
Speaker 1: L e x r I A H and the letter what lex no l l e x like lex at ryo oh money signed Riya lex Mariah Colon, I see you.
Speaker 10: Hello, wait, put some respect on me on.
Speaker 1: Puerto Rican, Mariah Cologne. I'm gonna send you some money from lunch man. Enjoy your day.
Speaker 10: Honestly, I love the lunch. But what's up with this podcast?
Speaker 12: That's abbot to Moore.
Speaker 1: I'm here you in Atlanta. Yes, Eddie, get her email, man, see if we can get Mariah some tickets. I know we sold out. I don't know what we got, but I'll see what I can figure out. Eddie, get her. Make sure you get me Rid's email. I'm talking to our producer Ddie off the air. Hold on.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put your hold. Okay, yep, thank you.
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Good morning, the breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who this?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 8: Good morning bro?
Speaker 1: What the hell was that.
Speaker 10: I was drinking water?
Speaker 1: I'm about to say, don't call up here. You know, you and your boyfriend doing what y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Canky on a Friday.
Speaker 12: Leave us out of it.
Speaker 8: Okay, glad you, good morning, and how much I appreciate that. And that's where it say about a halfy Friday. And also sala Mani, I want to get your advice or something. Yes, sir, well, I'm know Salamni, you're always talking about all black kings and this is you know, just try to keep those black people encouraged. And so man I wouldn't read I'm gird, you know, trying to get into spiritual walk and everything. And I want to ask you, chalae man, how you ever read the second page of the Bible?
Speaker 1: The second page?
Speaker 8: Yeah, not Genesis. There's a page on the second page of the Bible. If you got it in a free time, would you read that in your spare time and just give a feedback on the radio window you whenever you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the chapter though?
Speaker 2: What's the chapter in verse?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What did it?
Speaker 2: Just read the second page of the Bible?
Speaker 1: That's random?
Speaker 8: Yeah, right after the first page that says a whole about the second page. It's a letter address. And I buy flip when I seen that. This page says something about how the American government don't supposed to run this land because I'm all about the injustice here that goes on in the ward and for I believe that, you know, the world is so corrupt because we as black Americans didn't get a fair shot to knowing God, Like we got God through slavery and everybody else got God through love. And we know that God is good than the Kingdom of Heaven of love, and we know slavery is not love. And I think because of that, our our race is just like this is an aftermath of like lying on God when we know God don't lie. And if God say I'm building the Kingdom off of love, you know, who gives the Europeans a right to put us a slaves. They call it God love.
Speaker 1: I feel what you're saying, and I do. I do feel like America is never gonna, you know, get get on the right track until it takes care of its original sin it has. It has to have atonement for its original sin, which was the enslaving of Africans. I agree with that. Hello Indigenous people, Hey, this is from two level.
Speaker 2: Hey, lamar, get it up your chest.
Speaker 1: Tugalo, Mississippi.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I wanted to talk about the welfare with Ted wi Ashen Junior man. It's been going on longer than than the twenty sixteen I think I heard about it before. Was a round back in two thirteen. It seemed like all of white want to just take over the money from Mississippi, even though we ain't got that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, that's the same thing with Brett fav You know he was you know, remember all the hot water he was in for his connection to the welfare scandal. Was that seventy seven million dollars of money that was misappropriated.
Speaker 12: Yep, Yeah, I'm gonna make me feel better about people getting TVP loans out of here.
Speaker 1: The only difference is we go to jail definitely when we do our fraud and our scamming for PPP loans, they don't.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. If you need e vent you can hit this up when we come back. We got your room and report. We got to tell you about.
Speaker 1: Designer, Remember Designer Panda Panda pain and the pand dependent.
Speaker 4: Well, uh, he exposed himself on the plane. We'll give you the updates to what happened with that, So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club on the et the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Show me that video early day with that teacher in Rocky Mountain, North Carolina. I see what happens putting hands on that student and drop on the clues bonds to that teaching. What happened the student put hands on the teacher because the teacher took her phone and she got mopped up, telling all the other students, y'all just gonna sit here and let her do this to me, You damn damness putting your hands on that grown woman.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, well, let's get to the room.
Speaker 2: Let's let's talk blue.
Speaker 14: Checks or you gossip chatting? God, this is the Rumer report.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: If you went to your Twitter yesterday, you probably realized that the blue checks are gone for most of you all right now. Twitter removed blue checks from damn near everybody from all the legacy verified accounts, including Beyonce, Lady gat Got, Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, Oprah, myself, mine is going.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Charlamagne's is going to.
Speaker 1: Look. I don't be on Twitter. I ain't been on Twitter in like five years.
Speaker 2: Yes, look, and if you want that blue check, they want you to pay.
Speaker 1: Let me see if my blue check gone? Uh turn on notifications. Yep, I ain't got no blue check.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Well, look, care let's Lebron James does? Did get his blue check?
Speaker 15: Back?
Speaker 2: You paying for that?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 4: People assumed he paid for it, but Elon Musk insinuated that he's personally paying for some of celebrities blue checks, like Lebron James.
Speaker 2: So Elon Musk played for Lebron's blue check. I can care less about Twitter.
Speaker 1: Twitter.
Speaker 2: It's not good for my mental health. That's why I got off twittered.
Speaker 1: Five. Let me see what time I have been on Twitter twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, something like that. You know, I let I let like if I'm promoting the TV show or promoting something, I let the you know, people have access to it to post that. But other than that, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Now, there was a Kanye West sighting. Now Kanye West and his wife were at the Fair of God's show at the Hollywood Bowl Wednesday night. He was dressed up at fully massed out.
Speaker 2: He still got a blue check.
Speaker 4: I'm not show if Kanye got a blue check. But and and his wife were fully masked out. You couldn't see him. Know, they were those funny outfits where you can't see none of their face at all, and they got to look through like a sheet or something to see through.
Speaker 1: Every day is Halloween?
Speaker 4: That yet pretty much so he was at that fashion show. If you were looking for him, and he was looking now, because you know, there's a sighting every once in a while, they'd been like, where's Kanye, Where's Kanye?
Speaker 2: Well that's where he was.
Speaker 4: Now Designer Kanye's ex artist. He's seeking some mental help now. He was having problems as he was on tour out in Thailand and Tokyo. They said he was feeling sick and they gave him some pills. Well, on his flight back, they said that he exposed himself on the plane.
Speaker 1: What do you mean exposed? That's all.
Speaker 2: Let's saying that he.
Speaker 4: Exposed himself like pulled his meat up. That's what I would assume. You're told that he was exposed. He exposed himself and was scolded by a flight attendant. Well, this is what he posted yesterday. He said, for the past few months, I've not been okay, and I've been struggling to come to terms with what is going on. While overseas for a concert I performed at I had to be admitted into a hospital. I was not thinking clearly. They gave me meds and I had to hop on a plane home. I am ashamed of my actions that happened on that plane. I landed back to the States and admitted himself into a facility to help them. I will be canceling all my shows and obligations until further notice. Mental health is real, guys, please pray for me. If you're not feeling like yourself. Please get help, Designer.
Speaker 1: That's right, man, Listen, it's okay to not be okay, yeah, but it's not okay to know you not okay and stay that way. So I respect that brother for going to get help. Yeah, shout to Designer. He wasn't arrested or anything for exposing himself, they said. When the plane landed, police did come and speak with him, but he wasn't arrested.
Speaker 2: But I'm happy he's getting the help that he needs.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Shout to design.
Speaker 1: Don't blame that on just you know, some people like will blame that on just being our rockstar lifestyle meet out anyway.
Speaker 2: Nope, man going to get out. I respect it now and more. Wis L trial news now.
Speaker 4: Defensive attorney was arrested for carrying prescription drugs they believed they was carrying in to give to one of his clients.
Speaker 11: It has been brought to the court's attention that mister Manetta's has been taken in the custody this morning due to that particular issue. The Court's going to go ahead and sever mister Farley on its own motion. I'm doing that based upon a couple of cases Hill versus the State at two thirty nine Georgia two seventy eight, as well as Harrington versus the State at three point fifteen Georgia Appeals one on one, which basically state both cases read and tandem save for the proposition that as the trial court have discretion to sever even on my own motion prior to trial, and since we have not paneled the jury and haven't been sworn, I'm going to exercise that particular discretion on the court behalf.
Speaker 4: They believe he was allegedly sneaking drugs in court for his client. They said, we have increased the security protocol because they're saying that drugs have been an issue during the trial.
Speaker 1: There's no way this is a real trial. This is an episode of power Man fifty cent Courtney Kemple behind this. There is no way. How much could you possibly be paying your lawyer that they gonna sneak you drugs into the trial? Ain't no way in hell. What is the name of this law firm? I don't know what I was yelling, cat, No, that's not the same lay. Oh well, we'll say allegedly.
Speaker 4: But you know what I've been noticing, especially in this case, It seems like to me that a lot of these brothers that are locked up are going through withdrawal because maybe they've been taking these polls all the time and they haven't been able to get it in jail. And I guess family members, friends and attorneys even are trying to help them out with this situation.
Speaker 2: But that's what it seems like. I think you're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: But if that's the case, how come these guys just don't say, look, man, I need help. Why don't they send these brothers to rehab. I know that they're in the midst of a trial, but you know, if you're going to keep putting them in these facilities and calling them correctional facilities, how about trying to, you know, correct some of these issues that these brothers have. Like why can't these brothers be going to rehab while they're, uh, you know, facing trial?
Speaker 2: I agree, Like.
Speaker 1: Why why sit in your jail cell and go through with draws? Just admit you got a problem. And I wonder if those jails do have those facilities to help. If they don't, I know the state does, maybe because they're pretty much in holding sales while they're on court.
Speaker 2: They're not you know, but I hope that they do.
Speaker 1: But when you see somebody trying to pass stug drugs and you see this happening and people are willing to risk it all to get those drugs into jail, it just seems like a bigger problem, that's right, So go get them. Them brothers need to admit that they need help, you know what I mean, whoever they are. I don't know who the drugs are for, but they need to just admit that they need some type of help and go get it while they're sitting there, you know, and fighting.
Speaker 2: Try all right, all right, Well that christ is your room or report. I'm sorry, you just don't mean to bring you in this. I know you ain't got nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: All right Now, when we come back, we got your front page news tesling figure Out will be joining us, and let's get on this joint you.
Speaker 2: Played earlier today. It's a worldwide exclude.
Speaker 4: It's the weekend feature in Future Double Fantasy, and it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 4: Introducing the game a new single from the locks, Rickross and Fat Joe. This track is more than just a tribute for hoops culture. It's a lifestyle. Find out more at DraftKings dot com. Slash the Game available now on all major streaming platforms. Pointing everybody is dj MV Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Now we have to testing. Figure, go back with us?
Speaker 9: What up?
Speaker 1: Test?
Speaker 7: What's going on? Family?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, let's start off with some sports.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: Last night, if you were watching the NBA, I didn't get a chance to check it out, but the Warriors beat the Kings one fourteen ninety seven, the Suns beat the Clippers one twenty four, one nine, and the seventy six is beat the next one to ninety seven. Now, what else are we talking about this morning? Where you wanna start? We wanna start with the food stamps.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's start with the food stamps.
Speaker 6: On last hour, I played a clip nineteen sixty eight from the great Fanny lou Hamer about how they will try to take your food away, and that is exactly what is happening right now. Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy is pitching changes to the federal food stamp program that will increase the number of people who have to show their working in order to be eligible.
Speaker 7: To receive the food stamps now.
Speaker 6: The proposal is a part of a larger legislative framework to raise the nation's debt limit for one year while scaling back on federal spending. Right now, many people ages from eighteen to fifty who rely on food stamps are subject to work reporting requirements. McCarthy is looking to raise that age range to fifty six now. Advocates worry that if that happens, more people will be shut out of the program. The SNAP, director for the Food Research and Action Center, Ellen Vollinger, says, is pretty feasible that this is going to lead to more food hardship and that it doesn't do anything to improve people's employability. It will just take away from people that are unable to meet the documented requirements. Now, more than nine point five million adults age fifty and older rely on food stamps, and if Republicans in the House pass this, it faces an uphill battle in the Democrat controlled Senate. So in other words, this is highly unlikely that this would pass the Senate. But I still wanted the family to know what is being.
Speaker 1: Proposed and just know the first law nature is self preservation. So when you take people's food stamps away and crime goes up because of it, you know, just because people out here just trying to survive, don't be surprised and don't use that as an excuse to be tough on crime, because you shouldn't have cut their food stamps in the first play.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And I just want to say this note. I was an employer in Florida maybe about a decade ago.
Speaker 7: I had three hundred employees.
Speaker 6: And I know there's you know, folks that are going to say, well, they should just show you know that they're working. And one of the things that I want to point out that is not always an easy thing to do, particularly if you work part time, if your hours are unpredictable, If one week you have, you know, a certain amount of hours, the next week you don't. Right now you have to show that you work twenty hours every week. And so what happens is that they don't have that documentation in on time, then it prevents them from getting programs. And actually I challenged the NBA during the NBA lockout in twenty eleven. I came up with a program called Assist the Bench and It was one of these things very similar to this, that was showing that if these part time employees are people that don't have consistent work, they're not able to show documentation to federal programs, they lose access to a full stamp benefits.
Speaker 1: You know, I understand that. I don't understand if the economy, you know, the way the economy is right now and inflation being sky, should you be making she should be making it easier for people to get government assistants instead of harder.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, especially when we consider how much money it's going to Ukraine. Let's make sure you know that we feed our American citizens. So hopefully this won't make it through, but it's still important, you know, for folks that know what is actually being proposed.
Speaker 4: That's right, all right. Now, let's talk about the workplace tas.
Speaker 2: You have a work at a.
Speaker 4: Workplace where they got somebody in there that bothers you all the time and bullies you all the time.
Speaker 2: You ever work in a place like I.
Speaker 7: Haven't worked in a place like that, but I'm familiar with one me too.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about this toxic positivity in the workplace.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm glad, I'm glad you asked that question toxic positivity and how it's bad for your workplace now. According to licensed clinical psychologists and therapist Lauren Cook, toxic positivity is an unwavering devotion to optimism that can minimize or disregard when someone like dj mby is in emotional pain.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: In other words, toxic positivity makes you believe that you should have a positive mindset no matter what you're going through. And I actually I want people to think about this in their personal relationship as well, platonic and romantic. It's something that causes you to disassociate from your negative feelings and pretend that it's all rainbows and butterflies when it is not. Now, you may recognize phrases like goodbvibes only.
Speaker 7: Look for the silver lining.
Speaker 6: Well, those are phrases that typically gloss over genuine problem in the workplace.
Speaker 7: They may have good intentions.
Speaker 6: When they say that, but what it does is it dismisses negativity that can create a false positive facade. Now, in a survey, nearly sixty percent of respondents say that they have experienced toxic positivity from someone in the previous weeks, and more than seventy five percent of respondents admitted that they ignore their own emotions in favor of being happy. So I want to give you a few side effects on how toxic positivity affects your mental health, and then I'm going to tell you a few things what you can do to fix it. So number one, it invalidates employees feelings and experiences. Number two, it creates a culture of avoidance. And number three it triggers feelings of shame.
Speaker 7: Now, what you.
Speaker 6: Can do, DJ and B to avoid this toxic positivity is one, you can start setting up some boundaries and speaking up to Charlottagne.
Speaker 2: I'm set boundary right now. You don't this air force one.
Speaker 1: Buther Lord that no toxic positivity in this workplace continues.
Speaker 2: What else can I do?
Speaker 7: Two? You can call it out when you see others doing it.
Speaker 2: Stop doing it, Charlamagne, We do that all the time.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 2: Go to number three.
Speaker 1: That's what three test.
Speaker 7: Number three.
Speaker 6: Understand that it's okay DJ MV not to be okay.
Speaker 1: And by the way, that's the first thing you learn in therapy. It's okay to not be okay. And when you go to therapy, the therapist is gonna tell you to feel your fields. So it ain't no toxic positivity in here, because on nobody in here bite day tongue.
Speaker 2: When we feel a way about something, we express it.
Speaker 16: You fulfill your I'm gonna push back because when DJ he lost his jury, you know he was he set up boundaries, he spoke up, he came in empathetic, uh you know, and you said, you know, hey, look on the bright side, you're still rich.
Speaker 1: So that was an example of I think that you should apologize and get me a hug. I don't think that was an example of toxic positivity. I actually laughed when he lost the jury because I thought it was funny that that's how that.
Speaker 7: Was regular toxic bnic.
Speaker 2: That was just plain old tox toxic.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 2: That's all that was.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Teslin, and you have you have a great time out in Atlanta this weekend.
Speaker 2: And how can people follow you? Give me your Instagram and all that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, come follow me a testim figure on Instagram and subscribe to the Straight Shot, No Chase of podcasts and guys, Uh, my podcast every week is centered on what I cover here on the front page news. I take your calls, I get your feedback and go a little bit deeper, and I give you a lot of good stuff that you can use. And I always say use the loser can't make it.
Speaker 1: Choose it.
Speaker 7: Subscribe to testimfigure all dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right, see you this weekend. Test actually after you today? Yeah, see today, that's right? All right?
Speaker 2: Now, when we come back, trying to hug me, but you kept trying to hug me. I think you should apologize and give me a hug.
Speaker 1: I'm not apologizing and I'm not giving you a hug. Those are called the boundaries. I'm gonna catch you and do that when I feel like I'm gonna catch you in the hauling.
Speaker 2: Got it great from behind? Got that doesn't sound right?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 4: When we come back, Chloe Bailey will be joining cousin. She has a new album called In Pieces. There's a lot going on with us. She's head it on tour. She has a movie at now, and we're gonna talk to her when we come back. I don't move Chloe Bailey. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: On b E T. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. We got Nyla hanging with us this morning.
Speaker 4: Yes, and we have a special guest who Charlamagne claims as a family. And we say this all the time because when we announced that your album came out, he didn't even know your album came out.
Speaker 2: And I forced him not.
Speaker 1: True by because that is not true, and we played the song. I played the Missy record and the Chris Brown record that morning, but I had to make him download the Reckless.
Speaker 2: He didn't even know. That's not true. I don't know. Now, that's right.
Speaker 1: You said you bought it, right, We don't download, but you said you bought it. Listen in pieces is out right?
Speaker 2: Now? Okay?
Speaker 1: Did you buy it all right? Did all your people's online complaining making noise by it?
Speaker 2: I streamed it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: This morning I feel great. I'm so happy. Like the past two days. I've been feeling like great, to be honest, the week and a half, Like before, it was like a little hockey, but tour kind of been getting me out the funk because the shows have been amazing. They've all been sold out and everyone's singing every lyric to every song. So I'm like, the love is real and real life. So I've been feeling good.
Speaker 1: Why were you in a funk? I know you wasn't letting these digital heads on the internet. Gas.
Speaker 5: I mean like you're like, we're all humans, so of course some things are going to bother you. And I think when you put so much time and effort into the art of everything, and it's really a conceptual album. My executive produced it. I produced on twelve out of the fourteen songs on there. I had a lot of incredible, amazing talent on the project. So I was just like, it's okay, come at me, bro, So I'm ready for it's next to be honest.
Speaker 2: What's the title mean? In Pieces?
Speaker 5: Yes, so in pieces it's kind of like a double entendre. So in pieces represents the pieces of my heart that has been left broken from life situations, relationships, things like that people saven you in the back. And then it also means what's left in pieces is the box that people try to put me in on who they think Chloe is, and you know, I just have to speak for myself and break through it. That's what it means. It's like the simp side. And then the place of powers has.
Speaker 1: To be difficult.
Speaker 4: Yes, these people seeing you grow up, so it's like seeing you as this young girl. So now when you break it out, into your own. It has to be difficult for your fans. I guess right, maybe maybe not.
Speaker 5: I'm really proud of my sister and I because we've been branching out on our own successfully and people are getting to like know who we are individually. And I'm so blessed that I grew up with her in life so we could go through everything together. And it came to a point where we were so dependent on one another, like we were Siamese twins. So what forced us apart was her going to London to shoot Little Mermaid and you know, me being in la and especially with the pandemic the travel restrictions going to another country was crazy. So as stressful as it was for the both of us, we both had separation anxiety. It like forced us to figure out, Okay, who's Chloe, who's Holly. So now when we come back together, it's going to be even stronger because now we also have a great sense of self.
Speaker 2: Did y'all recognize the growth in each other?
Speaker 1: You and Holly? Like when y'all finally did get back together, did she see grow from you? Did you see growth?
Speaker 12: Friend?
Speaker 5: Yes, the crazy thing is growing up. It was me who was afraid to speak up, so like she would be the one speaking up for me, and like she's the aries, yes, she's the like, don't mess with her, and it would always be me like, oh my gosh, I like I don't like confrontation things like that. And so because of that, I had to force myself to speak up for myself because I didn't have my sister right there doing it for me. So now I'm very independent and very vocal and I say what I mean and I mean what I say, and she's recognized that. She's like, well, you're like a completely different person. I'm so proud of her because she's confident in who she is as an individual as well. Like we both were missing that and now we both found it. So it's like we're stronger.
Speaker 1: Did that change because you missed your sister or was it a relationship that made you change it? Was it write in your music that made you shake? What was that change?
Speaker 5: That's a great question. I think it was a combination of everything. I think it got to a point where I realized, if if I don't fight for myself, then I'm just gonna be left in the dust. And if I don't speak up for what I want and speak up for who I am as a human being. Then like it's just going to fall on deaf ears and clothes. Mouths don't get fed. So you know, throughout the music, I was finding my strength because I was saying things that I was afraid to say or speak up to certain individuals. And then from there it just grew. From that, it was like it just kept growing and growing and now it can't really stop.
Speaker 17: I feel like, growing up as women were taught to like not be so vocal. So now that you are being vocal, do you feel like you're being a bitch? Like, do you feel like like you have to turn on a new version of yourself?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not. It's not about what you say but how you say it. You can command a room without having to bark so loud, and as long as you believe in what you're saying and you don't change in that for anybody, people will respect you.
Speaker 2: Was was pray Away based on a true story?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: So I wrote that song with my girl Jassy, and I kept seeing her like three four times that week at event, and I'm all about signs like I don't feel there are any coincidences in life and I was like, so the final place I saw her.
Speaker 2: Now it's gonna be a gonna finding.
Speaker 5: Signed. It's too crazy, but I was like okay. So we passed each other going to the ladies room at the studio and I was like, I got back in my session, I said. So I texted her. I was like, can you come in here? And she played me a few demos and it was the skeleton of Pray It Away. It was originally called Church. I was like, I'm in love with this because I loved how open it was. It was completely raw and honest, and for me, I've always learned to just be the bigger person and turn the other cheek. And it's like sometimes you do want to get down and dirty and get on that person same level, but I will never give anyone that power over me. So it's like, you know, I'm gonna pray it away. So it was quite easy to finish out the song because there has been people who have tried me and I love it. I really did.
Speaker 1: When the last time you really wanted a person hurt, because that's what the song is. That's what the song is about, you on a person to pray it away.
Speaker 5: I think the last time I felt like I wanted somebody to hurt five days ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah days?
Speaker 5: How long? Yeah hurt?
Speaker 18: Though you don't really mean hurt. You just mean like you want them to feel how you feel.
Speaker 5: Yes, like, But the thing is, we never have to do the work like karma speaks for itself, you know, So never give someone power to get you out of your characters.
Speaker 17: But you've never been like or you don't believe in like Spike, like I got to get my get back. I don't because I don't want it to come back to me in turn, so I just let them dig themselves in a ditch.
Speaker 1: Well, wait a minute, there's a recond on the album that pisses me off, and it's cheat backs off.
Speaker 5: Okay, so why is it? Why does it piss you off?
Speaker 18: That's cruel double standard.
Speaker 5: This is hypothetically speaking an alternate universe. You're with someone she continues to cheat time and time again because you love her so much, and she keeps saying she's gonna change you stay. But at a certain point, aren't you gonna want to get something back? So you don't feel like a yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I'll just break up with her, though.
Speaker 5: Will you? We're cancers. Okay, okay, see my point.
Speaker 1: But have you ever been in that situation where you had to get your you say it's not revenge, but revenge that way, because that's revenge.
Speaker 5: So I have been cheated on a few times, and it's like, in my head, I feel like I got them back after the fact, after the relationship, and I'm like, hot, you'll never know. It's just for like a little internal Damn.
Speaker 1: How did you kiss the person cheating? You said a couple of times, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the two times I've been cheated on social media and social media evidence?
Speaker 18: Why'd you? Okay, what on social media? Like it was it such and such?
Speaker 5: It was like, yeah, it was multiple things on social media and then evidence like panties and hairtops.
Speaker 1: Jesus question when you asked him, did he reply yes, ma'am.
Speaker 5: No, they try to deflect.
Speaker 18: Damn, that's my sister's or something.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 18: Did they lie and be like that's my sisters and my cousins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know how.
Speaker 1: Cousin. They really said that was his sisters and cousins.
Speaker 18: It's a little something woman that was brown, but not another woman.
Speaker 2: Did you break up immediately or did you feel I.
Speaker 5: Did good for you, and I block because we're cancers, so I don't want to see my phone blowing up. I don't want to see loving long text messages because I don't want to be a simp and crawl back and.
Speaker 1: Hard that when you do, it's dirty, it's a rap.
Speaker 18: Yeah, do you double double back at all?
Speaker 5: I did one time and I was like nope, it ended for a reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, how we got more with Chloe Bailey when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 2: It's to Breakfast Club, Good Morning Ing.
Speaker 4: Everybody is DJ MV Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now that Simone is here, she's kicking it with us, and we're kicking it with Chloe Bailey.
Speaker 2: One of your favorite records is Body Do Right Now?
Speaker 17: Yeah, my favorite one is body Dude. I feel like that should have been the single like that one. That's a good especially that the weather's.
Speaker 18: Getting warm and stuff like that.
Speaker 17: But why did you start the record like that? Why do you ever wonder who else is being okay?
Speaker 5: So I wrote Bodydo after I found the panties. Yes, And it's like, you know when someone's not good for you, but there's something within you that just misses them, You miss their touch, you miss like the connection that you have. So what I really I wrote that song in five minutes because I was quite angry. But I love the juxtaposition of how fun it sounds like it's just shaking ass, but it's quite toxic and sad. And it's like, I can't trust you as far as I can throw you. I can't trust what you tell me, but I can trust what that body do because you're right in front of me.
Speaker 1: Language.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's like what goes on behind closed doors. I think they were They were nice. I never her. I never fault the other woman because I'm not in a relationship with her. I didn't do that. I didn't touch her, smell they're not I don't know, I didn't attention.
Speaker 18: I like that you said that.
Speaker 17: I've heard a few men say, like, why why do they never be mad at the woman for knowing I have a girl and they're doing X Y because and I don't agree with that sentiment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's I don't like how society has taught us as women to compete with each other. Like if you flip it again, if two dudes find out about each other, they're not calling each other, going back and forth. Oh so let's compare stories, right, they're just moving on because they're not you. Yeah, some of the immature ones.
Speaker 1: But I don't think no dude's gonna leave a sock and be like I want this other dude to find my sock or whatever.
Speaker 5: Some men are petty men.
Speaker 17: Do a pull up, though, but definitely pull up. Try to make it awkward or something like that.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's never happened to me. Has that happened to you?
Speaker 18: That hasn't happened to me. But I watched it different.
Speaker 5: I'd be sitting there with some popcorn.
Speaker 1: Why did you say the panties were nice?
Speaker 15: Though?
Speaker 17: Like?
Speaker 16: They were cute?
Speaker 2: She left at that she wanted.
Speaker 1: I was scared the hell out your your woman, be like, I found some cute pai. I found a cute pair of panties.
Speaker 5: And I know they're not mine.
Speaker 2: Whoa was he quick on his feet at least? No, what can you say? There's no answer to their mind.
Speaker 5: The thing about women, you know, that's the good.
Speaker 2: If he said they're mine, they are mine.
Speaker 5: I've been like, you know, baby, do we need to discuss some things?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad you have that conversation might be easier than the other one, you know what I'm saying. I'm just saying, now, what was it like recording I want you to feel Me cry and make it look easy, because both those records felt very personal.
Speaker 5: So this album is quite toxic. To be honest, feel Me Cry as emotional and sad as it sounds, it's actually a quite sexually liberated song. It's double meanings to feel Me Cry would make it look easy. That one was the most personal song in the record. I went into the studio trying to just like forget what was going on in my life, and I thought I was just gonna make some fun and I heard these simple chords and I just started writing. Usually I'll go in the booth and freestyle a bunch of melodies and then like Frankenstein, it together. But I was just coming up with the melodies and writing it at the same time. And I was crying while I was writing it and cutting in the booth. And even after listening to the demo to hear if I wanted to fix anything, I couldn't listen to it for a while because for the people who know me personally, like it's a way deeper meaning, like with hidden messages and what certain things mean within the lyrics. So I'm really proud of myself for being so open and honest. And I was like, I can't create a conceptual album about heartbreak and being left in pieces without being completely honest, Like, yeah, I can talk about relationships and friends stabbing me in the back, but it's like, why not talk or cover the other things? Because mental health is real. Anxiety is real. Feeling like you're not good enough is real, Feeling like you don't want to be here anymore is real, and I've been through all that. So I was like, if I'm saying, I'm going to be honest and I should put it within the music. And I didn't really care if it sounded like a single or anything. I just wanted to speak my truth.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Are you off the Internet as much now? Because I know you're on it?
Speaker 15: You watch it.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing, because I show your therapist says that's the major thing you got to stay off for sociation.
Speaker 5: She does as well as my god mom, she's trying to still she sees me going on it. For me before it was easier to just like delete the apps off my phone. But now I'm on tour, I'm trying to promote my album. Like I can't just get off of it like I want to. It's a part of my business. So I have to like monitor myself because you can get down the rabbit hole and things like that, and I'm not going to sit up here and lie and be like, oh yeah, like nothing bothers me. I'm great, because that's a lie. But at the end of the day, it's like you have to fall so you can get back up and be stronger, and you dust your shoulders off and you get back up. And when I would see people say, oh, she does too much or she over sexualizes herself. I'm gonna be twenty five in like a couple months. I'm a grown woman. But I think because people grew up with my sister and I when we were younger, they can't get past that. But I'm like, you know what, I'm grateful that I'm breathing and whatever I'm stressing out about is not that big of a deal.
Speaker 1: So you said you became that, So what you started being more overly sexual on purpose or.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, I was changing myself. I was trying to cover up I was trying to be on stage like oh, because people like just have the mic and sing. I was like, okay, but I expressed with my body. You know, I grew up and dance when I was younger, Like it's a form of expression. I don't want to be predictable. I don't want to be mediocre. I want to be extraordinary and be like something you've never seen before. And it's shocking.
Speaker 1: And then it's strange because I remember the first video that went viral. It was the busset Chace and everybody loved you and then and then after a while, I was like, Okay, now she's doing too much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the crazy thing. Like even before Cis and I got our own Instagram pages, like that's what I don't like when people try to pit family against each other or compare sisters, like we're two complete individuals. We will not be the same. And if you go back and watch performances within the group, I was still the same, passionate.
Speaker 18: Moving, Oh there's some funny video.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah yeah yeah, and before people would like praise that, and it seemed like once I found confidence and my power within that, people would then try to weaponize it. Because no one ever likes to see a black woman be confident within ourselves.
Speaker 1: Speaking of pitting people against each other, the inter and OEt the internfl like Beyonce should have done more in regard to promoting your album.
Speaker 2: What do you What do you have to say about that?
Speaker 5: I love b and she supported my sister and I since we had our little locks on YouTube, So it's all love over here. I love her.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like the label could have supported more and push more?
Speaker 1: That's what nobody talking about. Everybody want to blame Beyonce. Where was the label at Well?
Speaker 5: I feel like it's all politics. But this is what I'll say. God's plan is always greater than any plan I could come up with. And I'll tell you why I shot Swarm and Praise this last year. I didn't know when those were coming out. Swarm, whether it's negative or positive. Everybody had my name in their mouth maybe a week or and a half or two before my album. Then I was able to use because praise. This is with universal shout out to Will Packer and Tina Gordon. I love them. I got to do this whole full press junket go on, all these morning shows go on all these talk shows, Jimmy Fallon, Drew Barrymore, all these great things to talk about the movie, and because God is so good, I was able to finesse that and also promote my album. So I am grateful that I have multiple avenues and multiple ways that I can make money and promote myself. And it's hard, but I love it. And because of that, that shows me that what God has for me will be for me. And I think that's what we all have to realize when we're fighting for ourselves and fighting for a dream, that no one can stop what God has for you.
Speaker 4: All Right, we have well with Chloe Bailey. When we come back, let's get into joint, body do. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, but with barely warning. Everybody's DJ MV Charlamagne the Gud.
Speaker 4: We are the breakfast Club. We have not listen on here. We're still kicking it with Chloe Bailey.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 17: So you talked about stepping into your sexuality on the album, and obviously we've been seeing it in the music videos and stuff like that, but swarm that clip that was trending on Twitter. People were making it sound like I'm getting clos like, did you see did you see it?
Speaker 18: I'm like, I guess, I go look at it and then I look and I'm like, it's really not that.
Speaker 5: It's two seconds.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's really not that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Christ for a fall, but that's like ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is man, y'all.
Speaker 2: Don't ever think about us, know right?
Speaker 5: I never think about us because God is good, lessons are flowing. I'm an actress as well. What I love about acting is that I'm not Chloe whenever I'm playing that certain character and shout out to Donald Glover, Jenny Neighbors, Dominique Fishback and Damnson, like we had the best time. And when I was shooting on that set, I fell more in love with acting. I barely wore makeup. Everything was shot on film and music. You win and thrive off of being this image of perfection or whatnot, Like you get clown for messing up or tripping or falling on stage or looking a hot mess on the carpet. But with acting, that's where the beauty is, with all of the flaws and you know, the imperfections and things like that. So I fell in love with the script. Now I totally like, didn't even connect oh, I have to do a sex scene. I've never done a sex scene before, and I was like, okay, well, I'm not the focus of the theme. It's really about the shock value of Dre and Khalid watching each other and like you see the obsession between the sister's form at the beginning.
Speaker 18: Was it awkward shooting?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: You see me for two seconds in the mirror and and you did not see titties. You did not even see crack. You saw everything. You saw everything that you see from me on stage, Like, let's keep it real.
Speaker 1: Did you have to call like when you told your dad, Hey dad, this is the scene or you know, how was that conversation still gonna be a dad my daughter's I don't care for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I feel like dads will always look at their little girls like they're still little, and that's totally fine. I one thing I will say about my parents is that they know this is our job.
Speaker 1: And so what was it called you called the Hey dad, Hi baby?
Speaker 2: How you feeling? I just finish shooting? What did you shoot?
Speaker 10: Go?
Speaker 5: Okay, So it wasn't about the shoot. It was about when I first got it, and you know, when the agents will call and be like congrats, da dada da, And after I got it, I think my dad read the script and he's like.
Speaker 18: Oh okay, it's like yeah he deleted twitter O.
Speaker 5: No, it was just me. I had to hop on a flight right.
Speaker 1: After I met you the in and that doesn't realize how much more money they make you because a two seconds scene called them to lose their mind. Like that, all that's gonna make other people saying, Oh, we gotta get clothe in on movies, We gotta get cloth, gotta get Cloe endorsement deals.
Speaker 18: I like how you're saying.
Speaker 17: It's working when you say, like acting, you can be imperfect and the music has to be perfect. Why can't you bring the imperfections to the music because I think, like like with dope about Cardi b is that you could hear she's from the Bronx, you know what I mean? And like the spanglish she uses sometimes like why can't.
Speaker 5: It be both? Well, I do do both, but that's what people ridicule me for being imperfect, not being the type of image they want me to be. People say they want certain things and then when you do it, that's what they used.
Speaker 1: To pick on you. The weirdest thing is when people say things like, she don't know who she is, she's not being herself. You don't know her, thank you, you don't even know her.
Speaker 5: I'm sure they'd like me if they meet me. I'm a really nice person.
Speaker 4: I wanted to ask, you're on a solo out tour. Yeah, does that mean that you're not going to be a special guest or that you are going to be a special guest on somebody else's store coming up?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm definitely. I'm definitely going to see the show for sure. And it's been exciting, like seeing what I've been doing for myself, Like I've never headlined a solo tour orrever sis and I never got to do it for On Godly Hour because we were in the midst of a pandemic. So I really didn't know what to expect going into it. Like when I announced it, even before the album dropped, I was a little nervous, like would people want to come? Things like that? Every night I'm like telling my god MoMA and my team, I'm like, what do you see out there? Like people out there? Like for some reason, it doesn't click that people are there to see me. Correct and it's sold out. And I think when you're constantly used to people telling you otherwise, a part of you, as much as you don't want to begins to believe it. But then when I step out on that stage and I see it and I hear it, it's not like people are just watching me being quiet, like they're singing the words back to me. They're giving me that energy and that love. You can't fake that. You can't buy that and make up numbers, you can't do that with that. That's real. So as long as I'm connecting with the ones who love me and I'm doing what makes me happy, that's really all that matters.
Speaker 1: It was also okay to have you people say, don't ask me no Beyonce questions. I love Beyonce when I'm my own entity as right, cause I mean, I'm sure Kelly Michelle, everybody's gone through that that is standing next to that great person.
Speaker 2: He called Beyonce.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know tell yeah, I mean, she is Beyonce. Everybody wants to know about her. So I'm just like cool, like I don't really look much into it.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna be open enough for her?
Speaker 1: Exactly? About Beyonce?
Speaker 5: My family, let's practice.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna be opened up for Beyonce?
Speaker 5: I plead the fifth don't okay, okay, no, no, no, no no. I'm nice and you're my family now I do cuss.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna be opening up for Beyonce?
Speaker 5: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Gonna take that clip doing questions was gonna everywhere?
Speaker 18: That would be great.
Speaker 1: Now with all the critique you get from being by the way, she.
Speaker 2: Said she didn't know. She didn't say no, she said, she says she's not.
Speaker 1: We heard. Just all the critique you get from being a music artist, does it make you just want to stay in acting because of because of the freedom that you're getting.
Speaker 5: That's a really great question. In this past week, that crossed my mind a few times and I got over it like two three days ago.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, And I was like.
Speaker 5: When people make you doubt, and especially as creatives, we already doubt everything we do, so you begin to think like, oh, well, maybe this isn't for me, But then I would be going against the exact reason why God put me here, So why like pray it away? Never lessen yourself to please somebody else. And that's in everything, not even just me, not people in the business. Not it's with everything, and I think why I love make it look easy so much. I was in New York a couple months ago, and this was when I was like listening to the mixes and like, I'm so technical, I will obsess over the two empty seconds at the end when it comes to mastering. Anyways, I was listening to it and I saw a single mom with her child. I saw a man who kind of looked really sad with his briefcase, and I saw a homeless man. All while like make it look easy, make it look easy, to make it look easy was playing, And in that moment, I said, Okay, I'm doing what I've been praying for. That I healed through my music because it's bigger than me, Like when I leave this world, I want my music to make a difference when people come to me and tell me. Because I'm open about my mental health journey, and you know how I was struggling with even staying here. They say that that saved them because they felt less alone. So that on its own holds so much more weight than anything you could ever put in comparison to that. When you get stuff like that, numbers don't matter. Awards don't matter. I'm not doing it for that. I'm doing it because it makes me happy. It's literally like my favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 2: Well, I got to ask you about Iheartland for me.
Speaker 5: I did like a five song concert, okay, and it was amazing. I got to do it in front of an audience like one hundred and fifty people I think of like my closest fans. And this was before the album even came out, so it was the best. It was me with a band and it was great, So I actually really love it. It turned out really nice.
Speaker 2: To be honest, it is this Friday, seven pm. They haven't told me where it is.
Speaker 1: Charl know it is iHeartRadio dot com slash Iheartland. I just want to tell my cousin that, you know what she knows I love her, and you know, I want to tell you it's better that It's something my therapist told me. Actually, it's better to be slandered than ignored, right, and all the noise is the price you pay for all of the good you do in the world.
Speaker 18: I love that word.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You ain't download that, I know, shut up?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 5: Did you download the album? I okay? So what was your favorite song?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Now you got them, now you got it?
Speaker 5: You keep one of the bus No, no, tell me your favorite song.
Speaker 4: I'm a DJ, so I played the records in the club. So which one?
Speaker 5: Which one did you play from in pieces? Because have Mercy isn't on in pieces?
Speaker 3: It might.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Chrody Bailey, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys, I love you always.
Speaker 2: And it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Is Chloe Balley?
Speaker 4: Yes, morning everybody, of course we are to Breakfast Club. Shout to Chloe Bailey for joining us.
Speaker 1: If you want to see the full interview, you can hit up the website breakfast Club online dot com and we're gonna play cheap back with future we do going into rumors right now. That's right, Well, let's get to the rumors. We're talking about your ex president Donald Trump name or you've.
Speaker 14: Gossip been when you chatting. This is the room report.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess were on the Breakfast Club. This is where the tea spells right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Now, former President Donald Trump was on the Full Sime podcast and they did some questions where they did like fire off questions and he had to answer about Joe Biden, Elon Musk, and a couple of others.
Speaker 1: We want to end off with a little rapid fire. We have a couple of names. You say one word about them.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, which one?
Speaker 15: Smart?
Speaker 7: Joe Biden, dumb, Kim Jongen, interesting, Kim Kardashian, dis ingenuous, Ice Spice?
Speaker 15: Who the hell is Ice Spice?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: No, no, you've heard the song because plays you on the charts.
Speaker 1: But but I like it? Okay, I like it. Man. Let me tell you something. If those guys would have known Ice Spice's real name and told him that whoa, that would have been hilarious. That would have been good because her real name is right.
Speaker 2: That would have been good.
Speaker 1: They would have let him hear much and explain to him what munch is and then asking if he has ever been a munch? Can you imagine the ex president of the United States of America discussing Kungo lingas.
Speaker 2: That would have been good.
Speaker 4: All right, now, we got to get into something that I don't necessarily like.
Speaker 2: You're my fan.
Speaker 1: You're my fan. Put your fan out, man a story for us before pull your fan out. Just a fan might not be fan worthy.
Speaker 2: This fan worthy now little Uzi vert.
Speaker 4: You know he changed his name right now, he's going as the name Leslie Chowd.
Speaker 2: What that's his new name. He's going by the name Leslie Child.
Speaker 1: Clues mouse for a little Uzi my fan for a little Uzy because little Oozi is a sassy savage like myself.
Speaker 2: All right now.
Speaker 4: A girl on uh Instagram left the comment and said, JT, you're really taking city girls down talking about Dayton Leslie Child, which is little Oozy vert right. She left the comment says JT like city girls are down right now, basically saying that you know she's dating little Uzzivert who changed his name.
Speaker 2: To Leslie Child. I don't have enough, so the girl JT.
Speaker 4: She clapped back right okay 'letna tell you how she clapped back. I guess JT went to the girl's page and said, baby, I looked at your baby, and your baby looks like for next two times, okay, girl, please.
Speaker 2: Leave me alone. I'm not bothering no one.
Speaker 1: Okay, well for next two times, responded, just don't know. I'll throw you in the air and break you before you hit the ground. I guess she's mad because I said I can't do nothing with no skinny holes. All right, okay, well for next two times, a girlfriend says, JT, who man you calling ugly?
Speaker 2: Have you seen yours man?
Speaker 1: You calling ugly? Okay okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, just a little bad, but just more okay.
Speaker 2: So that that was that? That the that story, that story story, What was the story?
Speaker 1: That was it? They were just calling each other ugly and this that and the other. It's just interesting, all right now, Coiler lil Uzi said his name is Louis child.
Speaker 2: For that two times just called it straight. Okay, ready, but what's this now? Coiler Ray is mad at Lotto.
Speaker 4: You know why because she feels like Lotto is body shaming her.
Speaker 1: What did Lotto doodo?
Speaker 2: Little Coiler rayto did a song and this is how the song went.
Speaker 1: He said with fifty cent says I got guns the sides a little bit, those big ass guns. I don't think the blunts biggest coileerrae. That's a big ass blunt.
Speaker 4: Well, Coiler Ray didn't like it. She says, if you don't like me, support me or f with me, don't mention my name period. Ish don't make sense. I don't know none of you holes in real life.
Speaker 2: Stay in yard lane and.
Speaker 1: Leaves make everything funny.
Speaker 4: Stay in y'all laid and leave me out of the bull crap. I'd be minding my business and showing real love on line.
Speaker 12: Oh man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it looks like they've been. They're going back and forth. Folds make everything funnier, regardless of what gender you talking about. I don't love him. None of you hold okay? Oh you holds out here using Beijing to die you bibs? There you go, you stand up for that one. Who you talking. I don't think that was a dist though. I mean, I can't tell the way how to feel, but it does remind me of the fifty cent And he said I got guns the size a little bow Wow, And you say I got blunts the size of coiler Read. That's a big ass blunt, just like that would be a big ass gun. I don't think it was a diseason. But she's entitled the feel that you feel. But guess what you feel right rop about it?
Speaker 2: That's true. It's back.
Speaker 4: And lastly, we got to congratulate Martin Lawrence. Martin Lawrence yesterday received his Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Speaker 1: Yes we did this.
Speaker 2: Star on the Hollywood Walker Fame said what happened yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we reported that he was getting one, and I feel the same way as it's like, what took so long for Martin Lawrence to get a damn start in Hollywood Walker Fame?
Speaker 2: That is Martin Lawrence. You know what type of allegend.
Speaker 1: Martin Lawrence is man from the TV show to the stand up specials to the movies, like Martin Lawrence after positively revolutionized comedy. That's right, there's so many comedians out here who's who Martin Lawrence is the blueprint.
Speaker 4: For Yeah, yesterday, Steve Harvey was there, Tracy Morgan, I've seen Michael Blackson there and the host of others at the event. He spoke about that it was an honored He said, I'm very honored and very thankful to God for making this possible. He also shared that he is praying and wants to send a love to Jamie Fox as well.
Speaker 2: So, congratulations to Martin Lawrence.
Speaker 1: I saw every comedian and named Mama at Martin Lawrence's ceremony yesterday, So that shows you what what type of level Martin Lawrence is on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we forget I think how many things Martin Lawrence has got.
Speaker 2: Don't like.
Speaker 4: Martin Lawrence has been in so many shows besides the sitcom, besides the movies, besides the comedy, so many different things.
Speaker 1: So Lawrence, man, that's one of them. He was the first time I met Martin. I'm like, I'm going right over to state with upthing Martin. That's Martin Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: From the first time I ever met Martin. First of all, I met Martin was at the Wrinkling Time premiere when they would do when they did first put out Wrinkling Time.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, now he did Life movies. Man, shout them a larn salute to him.
Speaker 2: Oh Life is classic? Yes, all right, well that is your rumor report. Now who are you giving that down?
Speaker 1: KA two? Then for after the hour, I need Rocky Mount, North Carolina police to come to the front of front of the congregation because they got this one all wrong. All right, salute all the public school teachers out there. I'm riding with you, all right.
Speaker 2: And then when we come back, Jim Jones will be joining us. And don't move. It's the Breakfast Club on b E T.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 4: Introducing the game a new single from the locks Rick Ross and Fat Joe. This track is more than just a tribute for hoops culture, it's a lifestyle. Find out more at DraftKings dot com. Slash the Game available now on all major streaming platforms.
Speaker 2: Damn he hogged, It's time for donkey.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to beat dounky today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not pople do these.
Speaker 2: Things called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off.
Speaker 1: Scars damn Charlamain. Who got the donkey out of.
Speaker 2: The day today?
Speaker 1: Well, Jess hilarious Donkey of Today for Friday, April twenty first goes to the police and Rocky Mountain, North Carolina, because y'all got something all the way wrong. Okay. First of all, salute to all the public school teachers out there dropping the clues bombs for all the public school teachers out there. And I ride with all the public school teachers. My mother was a public school teacher for well over thirty years in South Carolina, Charleston County, Berkeley County.
Speaker 2: Public school teachers.
Speaker 1: Just like our military veterans, our national treasures, and we don't treat them with the respect they deserve. Okay. Think about the fact that we entrust our babies, our hearts, outside our bodies with them every day. We should be making sure that teachers are well taken care of. So mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally they are good. Oh and how can I forget financially? Okay, teachers are overworked and underpaid.
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 1: My mother told me the most she made it the teacher was thirty thousand dollars a year once. Okay, and guess what that money should be tax free if you ask me, right, teachers should be tax exempt. That's the least we could do for the folks who help shape our child's minds and prepare them for the future.
Speaker 2: But now that we have established how I.
Speaker 1: Feel about public school teachers, you will understand why I feel the Rocky Mount Police are getting the biggest heat had Because Rocky Mount Police have charged both a student and a teacher for a fight at Rocky Mount High School, and of course it ended up on social media. Let's go to h I forgot who it is for the report police.
Speaker 19: Rocky Mount Police say they're investigating now a fight involving a student and a substitute teacher at Rocky Mount High School. A profanity laced video has surfaced and shared online multiple times. It shows the pair arguing over a cell phone and then everything turning physical.
Speaker 1: Take a look.
Speaker 20: Hee situation continues to escalate.
Speaker 19: Obviously to this moment, both the students of substitute teacher swinging at each other. Within seconds, the students on the ground restrained by the shop disturbing all the way around. It is important to point out we do not know what happened before the recording started or how that incident ultimately ended. Police identified the substitute teacher as Xavier A Steel. Nash County Public School System is telling us that she has worked with them since twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: The student was only identified as a juvenile m That news report was courtesy of wral By the way, now, let me tell you something. I don't know what y'all saw, but I saw a substitute teacher, a Xavier Xavier Steele.
Speaker 2: I think you pronounced her name.
Speaker 1: I saw her, you know what I'm saying, with no draws on doing her job, all right, It's not your business why she didn't have draws on because you don't know what the weather is in Rocky Mountain. She may have been letting to breathe for a number of reasons that all equate to us mind in our business, okay, but she wouldn't have had to be in that position if that young lady she had to defend herself against knew how to act.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 1: She took her phone for whatever reason, and that's due that wanted her phone back. Now, so she have explained why she took her phone, and not to other students maybe, okay, but one thing's for showing two things for certain. That young lady had no business putting her hands on that teacher, Okay, substitute the otherwise, all right, respect your elders. And the reason that little girl so quick to put hands on that teacher is because she probably putting hands on some adult in her life, and said adulte has never hit her.
Speaker 2: Back because she family.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, But what you don't want your kids to find out the hard way is that outside is not like in the house. All right. You're not my child, you're not my niece, my sister, my cousin. You go out here putting hands on strangers the way you're putting hands on people in this house, You're just gonna be an eye all right, period. And the first law of nature is self preservation. So stop expecting people like Xaveria Steel not to be human. Okay. This poor woman lost her as fooling around with this little girl, not because of stress, because the little girl pulled him out.
Speaker 7: Listen, that young lady attacked me and she went for blood.
Speaker 6: She took out an inch of my hairline all the way to two inches back.
Speaker 7: She was in my space, she was behind the disc. I follow protocol now.
Speaker 1: Hardly just to get two inches in your handline back. Don't make me take off my hat and show you. Okay out here losing edges because y'all don't know how to raise y'all damn churn. Okay, Zaveria, I'm no, I'm pronouncing your name wrong, but you did not deserve that, okay, And I can hear some of y'all now, shu man, what if that was one of your kids? Look, man, I cannot say this with one hundred percent confidence, because hey, you never know, but I can say it with about ninety eight point nine percent confidence. This would never be one of mine, Okay, why simply because I've talked them better, all right, because I let them know constantly that there are consequences to your actions. And I'm old school with it, all right, born in the nineteen hundreds, nineteen hundred and seventy eight, to be exact. I tell them like adults in my life told me, don't start nothing, won't be none, all right.
Speaker 2: The best way to.
Speaker 1: Keep your piece is to not disturb the piece of others. And that woman definitely had her piece disturbed. Now I have to salute the Christie Show. The Christie Show blesses us ever so often with some words from Miss Shirlene and Miss Shirlean able word yesterday that brought a tear to my eye.
Speaker 2: Can we listen through y'all?
Speaker 3: Children getting slammed on their head by these teachers is your fault.
Speaker 5: These big brandy children thinking they can talk to people any kind of way, do what they can do, whatever they want to do.
Speaker 16: They're out of order because you found and discipline your child.
Speaker 3: They think they can, uh, try to intimidate an adult, try.
Speaker 5: To threaten an adults. That's such a two teaching and even now the underworld, that's how much she didn't care that's how much she almost didn't make it.
Speaker 7: She she didn't put no underworld.
Speaker 1: She didn't care.
Speaker 17: So you think she gonna have a little restraint when your daughter, who thinks she grown, come bucking.
Speaker 1: Come on now, come knocking, bore ready to fight.
Speaker 6: She treated I like somebody off the street, because why she was acting like somebody.
Speaker 7: Off the street.
Speaker 1: Lord, have mercy.
Speaker 5: We act wrong, wrong.
Speaker 18: Things happen to you.
Speaker 5: We act like adult.
Speaker 7: Don't treat you like an adult.
Speaker 18: That's why people always tell you gotta stay in a.
Speaker 7: Child's place, Wickles.
Speaker 2: That's some.
Speaker 7: That's some protection there.
Speaker 6: There's some prediction there, that's some compassion there, that's some nurturing there.
Speaker 1: The moral of the story is stay in a child's place because it's safe there. And most importantly, think a teacher today. Okay, thank a teacher today.
Speaker 2: I have no more to say.
Speaker 1: Please let rimy mab give the police in Rocky Mountain, North Carolina the biggest he hull.
Speaker 5: He ha, he ha, you stupid mother?
Speaker 2: Are you dumb?
Speaker 1: M I ain't hear nothing but the word this morning, That's all I heard. Why she ain't had no underwear on? No, there's none of your business. Then did you stay in the child's place. Now, you need to stay in a child's place. Mind your business now.
Speaker 2: You know how sometimes we cash that people.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: No, you don't know why that woman had no draws on. You don't know what's going on with her? Stopping now you being to you being being to being too now just being too you want to stop? Now stop?
Speaker 2: You don't know why to lead that woman?
Speaker 1: Okay, what our situation is women don't wear underwear for a number of reasons like what, I don't know. Let it breathe, okay, all right, manya damn business chafing, Oh, leave it all kind of stuff could happening to lead people to the Lord, you know. And I'm not even gonna have this conversation. That ain't our business. There ain't no women here to talk about. Why ain't no woman? Why women nowhere and underwear? We're not gonna have that conversation. Well, thank you for that dog here today, point no, thank you for that dog in the day. I said, yes, ma'am, you have a underwear on row. Yes, I'm a lady, okay, just making sure.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we come back, Jim Jones will be joining us. We're gonna kick it with Jim.
Speaker 4: Jones compo and shot out to b e T you guys have a great weekend. Everybody else, Jim Jones will be come back at the Breakfast Club the morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: More thing. Everybody's DJ n V Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club on b ET and we got a special guest for us this morning, big legend Copbo Cockbo is here.
Speaker 2: Jim Jones so patrolled.
Speaker 1: What's uth?
Speaker 15: Jim still giving up?
Speaker 1: Hell early, bampfe you're just going to sleep?
Speaker 9: Definitely, definitely, just definitely got an hour of sleep before I got here.
Speaker 15: But it's good.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling, man, I'm.
Speaker 1: Feeling pretty good. I mean, for what it's worth, man, somebody told us to day for whatever reason, I thought it was longer, but it say you've been in the game twenty years more than that. That's what I feel like. I feel like it's more than twenty, right.
Speaker 9: Cam goun Son in ninety seven, Yeah, I mean he was outside. We've been outside for a long time. But yeah, besides, saw the ninety seven, So what's that?
Speaker 15: Twenty six year six?
Speaker 1: Still making quality music? I feel like nostalgia's back. It is like you know what I mean, which because it was a classic timeless era, so I feel like it never left. But I feel like it's a whole new generation on that way, especially with Dipset.
Speaker 9: Musically always goes musically just three sixty like everything else in life where goals comes back around and things like that. And with New York music is there for anybody else's music, you know what I mean. So we got like our own sound sonically and things like that. And just to hear like the people starting to rap again and they going on aggressive beats and things.
Speaker 15: Like that makes me feel It makes me feel good. In New York. We we we've been out the loop musically for a long time, and right now.
Speaker 9: It feels good to see the resurgers that we have when it comes to us again inside of the musical race, you know what I meant, Just all the artists that's popping out here right now and putting on from New York City, I tip my hat to you.
Speaker 15: I know it ain't easy.
Speaker 1: What if it feels like nobody can perform in Harlem now without bringing somebody the whole dip set out. We actually was in the building of a night when Cam was performing oh you did.
Speaker 9: Okay, Okay, Me and jo Wells was in the crowd watching the show. We came out to support. Mysteriously, Cam came out.
Speaker 2: Do you know what's coming out? Always a surprise to you too.
Speaker 15: Super surprised. Everything with came to me is a surprise.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: It ain't like it used to. It ain't like I know this moveses and things like that. You know, what's my bast what's the best to them and all those in depths and things like that. So he's doing sports show right now.
Speaker 1: Y'all got the craziest relationship because I swear sometimes I feel like sense on tour everything is cooting and it's like, no, I had no idea it was coming out because even with the Drake, it all came out together for the Drake Show. And how was that when when Drake reached out and called and said he wanted your guys to be a part of it.
Speaker 9: That was Dope shouts and Drake shouts and chubbs. I got a great relationship with him. I got to speak to him earlier about that. You know, I think I put it out there there You're coming to all them, bro, He's like, oh, we gotta go up shouting them boys. That was a hell of a moment for us, for diplomats, for Harlem all over, we put in for all the years, vice versa.
Speaker 15: You know what I mean? Pretty dope, Pretty dope.
Speaker 1: Even with that Drake is a branch off the family treat though, because you know, I think people forget, you know how Wayne was running around.
Speaker 9: With your money and and Wayne and Wayne is our buzzing your herd, shouts da Wayne Man shouts the whole cash money washing Wayne the other day inside the Apollo. Forget how many hits that boy got, Yeah, did like two hours worfor straight just hits with a band in the back of him.
Speaker 15: Pretty dope man shouts the wheezy.
Speaker 1: I saw you get back in your director bag. That was dope, shouts the drama man. That was dope.
Speaker 15: Call me one day like are you still directed?
Speaker 9: I'm like, yeah, but I usually direct all my videos or videos from my artists and things like that, like I got something I want you to director, not necessarily a video.
Speaker 15: And then he told me.
Speaker 9: I was like, oh man, that's crazy, Like I want to shoot some scenes from Juice over and I got all the artists, I got all the actors from the original movie. You know, like you got Tupac to be like get Get, but I got everybody else, So you know, well directed, Directing Queen lot Tifa definitely was the highlight of the whole thing for me.
Speaker 15: You know, you get to direct the queen.
Speaker 9: That's that's big right there, and not just taking that away from all my apps and you know what I mean. But I'm just saying, Queen Latifa, this Queen Loti for my absolutely.
Speaker 2: Now I heard you talking about doing a dipset TV show a movie.
Speaker 15: I wanted to.
Speaker 9: I want to go to start to create a show called five Ah, which is my life in five Ah before we actually got.
Speaker 15: The fame and went on to beat being dipsetted.
Speaker 9: So that whole time inside of five Ation cam and make sure everybody was living me and selling my grandmother's apartment and things like that very instruing to our success. And it's so much wild things were going on inside of that five Ation department. I think people will be very enthused to see some of these scenes about our history coming up loosely based on loosely loosely based you don't get nobody and.
Speaker 1: Show the statute of limitations up, I will hope so.
Speaker 9: And that was a long time ago on the produce of five AH, But yeah, I mean we got so much history and with all of these shows, with the Wu Tang Show and all these shows picked in the hip hop culture and things that went on in the past, and all the stuff that we've been into, especially for New York City.
Speaker 15: I think it's only right.
Speaker 2: Well we get a dip set documentary.
Speaker 4: I would love to see you know, you guys meeting and how y'all got on and the relationship with Mace and how y'all signed and do the trials and tribulations and just like all of us, like five.
Speaker 9: H that's all a high school and just graduating out of high school err and things like that, and Cam Mace go in the same high school, Me and Kim living on the first on the same sign and they being from the I said, like all that was around the high school with the five AH stays, and then when Cam and Mace went to college, they both got kicked out. When they got kicked out from school and end up coming to live with me at my grandmother house.
Speaker 15: Used to be passed away. Yeah, both of them.
Speaker 9: Wow, So Cam Mace Dwells a few other famous artists that made it pretty successful. When this game all came out my grandmother house, she provided the shelter for us, so we would have to be in the streets, that and other.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 15: So that's what the whole five age story is about.
Speaker 9: Exactly what you're talking about, the very humble beginnings of who we were before we became diplomats and Jim Jones and Killer Can.
Speaker 2: What's so, what's your relationship with Mace now?
Speaker 4: It's weird to see that at one time you would be with all these guys when they would in your grandmother's house.
Speaker 1: Yes, y'all grew up with each other, like y'all lived with each other, Yea saying.
Speaker 15: We definitely live with each other. We definitely grew up with each other. We know each other. As we got older.
Speaker 9: We all kind of separated when out on ways and things like that, but we started together wholeheartedly. Don't care for mix too much, he tell Mace. Say some prayers world up you heard like Deck made them style.
Speaker 18: That is what it is.
Speaker 1: Is entertaining though what it is what it is? Show I like it? You do the weather match them?
Speaker 2: Do that like the size of your personality it is.
Speaker 9: They definitely, they're definitely very funny or the groop of comedians. I can't take that away from them. And they're very knowledgeable about basketball. They both grew up playing basketball. Mason's cool camp was definitely us had a chance to go to the NBA. I can't say that without with no hate and nothing in my heart. Boy was dumb nice and since he was younger doing playing starting the rock at age fifteen, they called him Camon all American him and makes to the championship in Massion Square Guarden and things like that for Mahnd Center.
Speaker 15: And stuff like that. So there was some ball. There were some ballers. So see them on the television show What Is It?
Speaker 7: What it Is?
Speaker 1: It is pretty dope. I hope they get a check for that, you know, and you know, you got to back in My Prime album would Hit Maker?
Speaker 2: I love that title. Do you do you feel that way? Do you feel like you're back in.
Speaker 15: Your prime for like the third time? But yeah, it feel good.
Speaker 9: I mean, I've been through so much and still be able to make me it got this capacity end, still be in the game, still getting records played on the radio, Still making top forty hits and things like that. I've seen a lot of people coming go, especially with being in the game so long, or get to a stance a stand still. I'm blessed to be able to keep going and keep being able to make this good music. Shout to on my artists and bg v L all the youngsters that be around me to keep me, keep me in tune of what's going on.
Speaker 15: It's a medium. You gotta have you know what I mean, Like you gotta we gotta guy each other. So that's what I'm met.
Speaker 1: Where was Where was Coppo's first prime? What would you consider it as a solo? It's solo. What would you consider your first rount? Because you say it for like the third time.
Speaker 9: Our first prome was when I was in the streets. That was music, that was that was musically. My second prime was when I was able to do the music. My third prome is where I'm at right now.
Speaker 2: Was it was it balling or certain five gangster Balling?
Speaker 9: I will say I reached certified. Gangster was my introduction. I was kind of hot off the intro stuff like that. But I think that moving into Ball of the Hustle's poems kind of like me moving into my first prom and when out was at the top of the game at that time, and.
Speaker 1: Things like that.
Speaker 9: And then they build you up to knock you down. If you're not strong enough to persevere, you won't be here next year. You know I'm still here, So God bless.
Speaker 4: All right, we got more with Jim Jones when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Put everybody is DJ Envy Charlomagne. He God, we are to Breakfast Club on this Friday. We're still kicking them with Jim Jones Charlomagne.
Speaker 1: Now they push your tea, reach out and push your tea reach out and say, Jim, you bug it on top fifty.
Speaker 15: I don't think push your te will reach out to me. I'm not the type of person who will reach out to me about my opinion.
Speaker 1: You hear, y'are not cool?
Speaker 9: I mean I ain't cool with him like that. I don't know him like that. I know him to say, what's up? Give them a pan? You did, and I wasn't trying to diss them, and just they asked me a question. You all get it very exciting and things like that. But I don't think my phone ain't the line to be calling it?
Speaker 15: Tell me anybody.
Speaker 1: I wasn't trying to dism but Jim said he's not top fifty. I don't think he was selling drugs a crack like that, like I mean, Ji not his own dope.
Speaker 9: I mean, maybe I might take it a little bit fall, a little bit fall. I could have said something else to give my point across. And I don't want to sit up here looking like we're using pushing T for the butt of our jok and things like that. But I mean, it's like it is what it is, man Like, we're not going to sit up here and go back and forth about I don't really care.
Speaker 15: I don't do you know? Can can you sing along the five push your T records? Right now? His records?
Speaker 1: Yes, his records? Nostalgia U push your T?
Speaker 12: Fair?
Speaker 15: I didn't know you had fans like that? Can you name five Pushing T records?
Speaker 1: His records?
Speaker 15: But can you know?
Speaker 1: But can you wrap the five push?
Speaker 15: Can? I?
Speaker 2: I can't wrap five?
Speaker 1: All right? Can you can you wrap the five?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait? Wait?
Speaker 9: Can you wrap five Pushing T? Five Pushing T records? Not the records he's featured on. If five Pushing T Records came on right now? Could you wrap them?
Speaker 2: You could rap five PUSHD records?
Speaker 1: Could you?
Speaker 9: Could you wait? Could you rap five Pushing T records right now? If they started playing what.
Speaker 1: Do you like the hook? Could you sing them verse they came on like certain joints like No, no, sir, I'm.
Speaker 9: Saying because you rapped all right because you wrapped five j versus if they came because you wrapped with five Drake versus as they came on.
Speaker 2: No, you lying, But I've never been a big I've never been a big braake.
Speaker 1: You're lying because you work at radio.
Speaker 15: With five Drake records came on right now, you can be rapping them record because they play on the radio all day.
Speaker 2: The rapp the lyric like I could do ja, I couldn't, but he still don't and just.
Speaker 1: His foot before you did that.
Speaker 9: I'm just gonna say that because I don't want to get it because Jim Way Way well and shouting to push and Tea.
Speaker 15: I love your soul, my dog. You're not in my top fifty. You might be in Charlemagne's top fifty and things like that, but you haven't done that much for me in my life, like I didn't never want to be like pushing. I didn't.
Speaker 9: I never had to push the moment in my life. I never thought like you did. Like where I'm from, you want to be like you if you was really that dude in that rapping and things like that, it's like he was influence by push it. Yeah, okay, cool?
Speaker 2: Why I pushing the misteric me two records?
Speaker 1: Okay cool? You're a very strong pushing teeth. And I don't care.
Speaker 15: Because people are like, look at Jim talking.
Speaker 9: He is nowhere near top fifty, your top nine hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: You carry that, you think, I don't really care. I would say to push you had you know, I went to school in Virginia where push it was from, and I know push a long time. All right?
Speaker 15: Could you five five Jim Jones records play right now on this radio?
Speaker 1: Could you could you sugar along to them? Yeah?
Speaker 15: Five Jim Jones.
Speaker 9: Records play right, five Jim Jones records. You can't tell me five pushing te records, but you could tell me five Jim Jones record. You can't tell me five pushing Tea records, but you can say five. So what we're talking about. You want me get into the real semantics in this, like what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: I think push the top fifty man, all.
Speaker 9: Right, cool, but you can't. You can't put on let's start playing something, pushing T records. You said he's nice. I'm not saying nice. He's not not well that listen.
Speaker 15: Being nice and being in the category is two different things.
Speaker 1: That's what I rake the top rappers on. I wring him on actual rap, like who can really spit? And that's I got.
Speaker 2: I gotta put in the top fifty for rap, just rap.
Speaker 15: We're talking bars, So this to what we gauge in the top fifty on?
Speaker 2: It just rapping.
Speaker 15: Anybody can slap, so anybody can slide in there.
Speaker 1: I don't be knowing what these lists you were talking about. Somebody's supposed to be the top fifty greatest of all time?
Speaker 15: What are we gauging it on.
Speaker 1: That's true, That's what I want to hear. It gotta be it gotta be everything.
Speaker 9: You can't just because he could he could rap nice, Well, we could go a bunch of battle rappers that could rap nice right now and go crazy they nice as hell?
Speaker 3: You heard?
Speaker 9: Or what else has he bring to the game that did Did he make people want to dress like him?
Speaker 1: Did he have some slang that everybody was talking like him?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 15: There would be the girls, all the girls wanted to do him, Like what is the you.
Speaker 1: Did you the created slang? Which one? Sorry, I'm trying to come home like in this era with all of these rappers, who what like did he create? That's an acronym?
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 15: Nobody even know the acrom.
Speaker 2: Besides, like, we can't forget your clip like the Clips was?
Speaker 15: Now the Clips was the Clips.
Speaker 1: That's a different, amazing group. That's different.
Speaker 9: Hard that's different. The Clips are dope. They had the record grinding, they had what happened to that boy?
Speaker 1: You did?
Speaker 9: Like? So I'm not It's not like I don't know the music. We're not gonna sit here and say that. But the Clips and Push your T two different things. I would think you would like pushing I just say.
Speaker 1: I don't you make a great album. I never listened to one whole Push your T album.
Speaker 9: Let's push out man does never I've never listened to a whole Push a T album. He just had an album that wanted to Grammy, do you all know any of the records on that.
Speaker 1: Album nominated the last album? Okay cool? Do y'all know any records on these on these Grammy nominator? Yes, what colbum is almost dry? Crampton, roll my neck, my wrists.
Speaker 15: Listen to basically because I never hear it nowhere.
Speaker 9: You heard like I never heard nowhere like no disrespect, like like you did, Like like let's get like, people don't Cruisi because let's not make this about me and him, because it's not about hearing him, because you're like, it's not about me if I'm just so like, that's just why I don't want to do no more interviews.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do no more interview Jim.
Speaker 9: Let's just Mann, I'm the local for your label, right, Yeah, it's a local phone label, Sho said everybody out here that's a rapper, man.
Speaker 15: I mean I don't try to I'm not trying to this nobody. Ain't you know.
Speaker 9: I'm a bit of a comedian that time. So man, so it surpart me for that. It is what it is, man, But just don't call my phone. This ain't the type of phone you want to call for any type of smoke you heard that's just a smoke. Detective, you better leave that phone alone. You heard you better continue to give me high fives when you see her. That's all I'm about. This is good energy. Let's continue to throw this love out there. You heard Champagne toss.
Speaker 1: And all that.
Speaker 15: We all live a pretty good life.
Speaker 2: Man, What time Jim called me? Jim called me, I said something you didn't like?
Speaker 1: Jim was like, what was that?
Speaker 2: I'm like, my bad.
Speaker 1: I can tell you, do not listen to it. Do not listen to it.
Speaker 15: I'm not the type of person. I'm a very loving person.
Speaker 1: Done some wild stuff. I see Jim say, the first comedian to walk out the building.
Speaker 2: I said, Damn, I said, I'm not walking out the building.
Speaker 1: I'm a comedian.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: I was terrible. Man said what was that? You don't play with me like that? Because if you play with me like that, then everybody's gonna take to play with me like that. They don't play with none of y'am. Yeah, like thennis day, we got that.
Speaker 9: We got a problem, like yo, like, let me stop, man, this God, damn, I grew up hard.
Speaker 1: Man got a part of me.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 9: I don't know, man, but right now I'm in the place of love in my heart, and and and it kind of gets twisted when people asking me, asking me these difficult questions, and I don't know how to answer him without honestly you know, you know what I mean, that's okay.
Speaker 15: Can we believe it that this is just my opinion.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 15: I don't want to push your t smoke. I don't want to end up in none of his raps.
Speaker 2: You dig.
Speaker 9: I say he's nice, right, the boy you know how to talk about some cocaine talking about Pablo Numbers.
Speaker 1: You're heard like that boy talking about you understand it?
Speaker 15: God damn it. I ain't even saying that he ain't nice.
Speaker 4: Well, the album is out right now back in my prime. Make sure you have the albums playing now.
Speaker 15: Shots a young Bird one of the most incredible producers out there.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 9: I was very blessed to be able to do this album. Very dope album. Shouts to Chrisy. This album is pretty much written about her in so many different ways. I would say, let's go with Gunshot Gunshot featuring.
Speaker 15: Being but I thank you'll, man. I just want to tip my hat to y'all.
Speaker 9: Y'all keep doing things for us to look at and be inspired by your bet move yell are the new building.
Speaker 15: Y'all got thrones that you're sitting on, You know what I mean? What could be better than this?
Speaker 9: But I seen yo, I've seen your grind the same like say what y'all see me grind and things like that. From the beginning, I know things wasn't as good as it is now coming up and things like that. But y'all continue to break down barriers inside of this journalism game and when it comes to being on the radio and things like that and taking number one morning shows and oh man, chapped yourself in the back some time.
Speaker 1: You heard, oh Man, I appreciate Youren.
Speaker 2: It's Jim Jones. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning on BT The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody's the j Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's a Friday, so you know what that means. We do a segment called Past the ox I instead of doing the rumors. Our girl Nila Simone comes up here. Who are I busted her ass last week?
Speaker 3: And that was.
Speaker 1: The callers said, she said, you won seven to three?
Speaker 2: She won last week.
Speaker 18: He was definitely in your bag.
Speaker 2: You had me.
Speaker 1: First of all, don't feel any pressure. This man was born in the nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: He actually did mixtapes when they were on tapes. Okay, so you shouldn't feel bad about that. She did her thing.
Speaker 2: You know, we we love nah love here and this is where we do past the past.
Speaker 4: The ox is a segment where now has a playlist and we pretty much go it's on her playlist right of Some of it is new music, some of it's old music. Some of his music that we need to know. So she puts us on and that's why we have nahlahead today.
Speaker 17: Yes, so today I'm gonna start with a Jake Dila record off of his album Donut. Now, I was familiar with Jay Dilla as a producer, but I really wasn't familiar with all the records that he produced, and he produced a lot of my favorites, D'Angelo, Ericabadou, et cetera. So there's a new documentary on him on Hulu and FX that kind of just told the story of Jay Dilla and his legacy. So after that of Seme on a Rabbit Hole and the record Time that's on his album, Drake had freestyle too on one of his early projects, maybe come Back Season, But it was just cool to hear it.
Speaker 18: So first up on Past the Oxes, Jay Dila with time m.
Speaker 1: J Dilla. Yeah, for people to ask. And I think he passed away from cardiac arrest at the age of thirty two. I thought he had, like I don't know them so young. I thought he had a disease or something with me.
Speaker 2: They said that he had a blood disease, but I think I thought that cardiac arrest. I thought it was a rare blood disease. I thought it was kardiak resh.
Speaker 17: He got that soul in his production, which is fire. Absolutely not everybody can do that. So next up, we're going to keep it wrapped and let's get into HD Bendo. He's signed to rock Nation and he just dropped this new joint called locked In.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, where's he from Brooklyn?
Speaker 18: Ok Yeah, he's going crazy out here, so shout out to him. I like that record. And then lastly, I love their project.
Speaker 17: Actually it's a group called They, and they just dropped the new product but today, and.
Speaker 2: I'm serious, what do they identify as? Does that have anything to do with it?
Speaker 18: I don't. I don't know. I've never two men, but.
Speaker 15: Or just the group is.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking because that's a that's a very you know.
Speaker 17: I think the group identifies as well. I think individually they both identify as him. Hey, i'll find out next week.
Speaker 1: I want to know if that's anything to do with it.
Speaker 17: But they've been running with day before pronouns became like that.
Speaker 1: An acronym is an acronym for something or that.
Speaker 17: I just mean it's more than one, I think probably because it's more than one, but it's only two, Okay, So it could have been like it could have been we could have.
Speaker 5: Been we all right.
Speaker 17: Anyway, they just dropped the new They just dropped the new project called New Moon, and they got some bops on there. Honestly, if you're a fan of like R and B, nineties R and B, modern R and B, they kind of give you a little bit of both.
Speaker 18: So tap in you really don't got to skip anything on it.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 18: Yes, But the record that I'm gonna play today is called Riptide.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 12: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that energy Now. One of them is from Colorado. One ers from Washington, DC. But I guess they formed a group in La.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but the DMV claims it.
Speaker 2: The claims it.
Speaker 18: Okay, So that is my three for Past the Ox this week.
Speaker 17: Definitely makes you guys download the playlist by clicking the link in bio or you can search it on Apple Music.
Speaker 18: Past the Ox and tell.
Speaker 1: Them about your Amazon shows.
Speaker 17: Yes, it definitely makes you guys tap into Amazon Music Twitch every Wednesday night. We actually just had Sean Garrett on and we had a really good conversation about how the bar has been solo for a long time in hip hop, and you know how we got a hold each other accountable to raise the bar.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, yes, well, thank you for joining us and y LA.
Speaker 17: Yes, of course, thanks for having you guys, and congrats on be et, congrats on everything.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 18: You got to doing dope things.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. First of all, call me a guy again without asking me what I identify as, and see what happens.
Speaker 18: What is happening today?
Speaker 1: Throwing pronouns around. Your generation should know better. Don't just be throwing pronouns around without asking. Shut up, Wow, shut up, tell data shut up because.
Speaker 18: You called her girl today.
Speaker 5: I mean him a girl.
Speaker 2: You just said, you guys are doing big things.
Speaker 18: I'm supposed to.
Speaker 2: Don't just assume.
Speaker 1: Doing big things. Don't just assume my pronoun nihlis is crazy. All right? When we come back, we got the people's choice. Makes me throw it back on a Friday, so don't move. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Good Morning.
Speaker 18: I'll throw it back on a Friday.
Speaker 2: Wow, now you shaming you throw it back on Friday.
Speaker 1: You got the girls crazy?
Speaker 2: Alright, it's the breakfast Club, Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Your mornings will never be the same. It's stup to find that right person, especially when it comes to hiring for an open rope. But zip Recruiters matching technology makes it easy to find and invite great candidates to apply to your jobs. Try it for free at ziprecruited dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash Breakfast Owning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's theej Envy Charlamagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Shout to BT. This was week one, right, Yes, this is week one to bet. I feel like I've been longer than that.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's because they've been here practicing, and we've been you know, well, they've been here for a while.
Speaker 2: They've been in the building a while. Before we started this week on.
Speaker 4: B two right, Yeah, practicing and getting things right. So shout out to the whole be Et staff.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you guys, and don't forget you could catch us on be Et every morning at nine a m. Just to turn.
Speaker 2: In salute everybody in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Man, can't wait to see y' all tomorrow at the first ever Black Effect Podcast Festival. It is a sold out event hosted by myself and my good sister Jess Hilarious the eighty finish I told jes don't eat no seafood today. Oh boy, Jess, when just is not eating no seafood today because we need her stomach to be right for tomorrow, because we need her to be there tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Eighty five South Show will be on the stage.
Speaker 1: Horrible Decisions, Reasonably Shady, The Big Facts Podcast, we Talk Back Podcast with their special guest Porsche Williams. We got the Black Effect Marketplace where it's gonna be a bunch of local businesses from Atlanta, plus merchandise from some of your favorite podcasts and merchandise from Black Effect. You know what I'm saying. We have the Black Effect hats for sale and all types of stuff man, So we'll see you tomorrow in the at l Pullman yards Man sold out event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it for me, all right.
Speaker 1: And tonight Judy Bloom documentary comes on, Baby, Judy Bloom forever, Big Bloom Energy. Can't wait to see that.
Speaker 2: You better boy, you better show you. Yeah yeah, Union Netflix and Judy Bloom tonight ain't Netflix? Is Amazon Prime?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 2: Well? Amazon Prime and Judy Blue. That's why you're bed on growing on the right side.
Speaker 1: That's why you got to use the shoppe the color your bed in on the right shod don't have to use it, you know, saying exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: But woo, I'm gonna watch you. Maybe Judy Bloom can get my bed growing back right woo it would?
Speaker 1: You might learn something I must, I must, I must increase my Beijing.
Speaker 2: That's what you need to do, is okay? Positive note when we come back, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. It's dej Envy Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club, reminding you guys on a twenty eighth of May, I'm gonna be out in Memphis, of course for my car show. We're doing it for young Dolf, of course. So we're gonna be celebrating his life. We're gonna be having his whole fleet there. We're gonna be doing the museum there and a host of others. Is gonna be rides and games for kids, kids fiving under a free and celebrity cars, regular cars. This is gonna be a dope event. And if you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets. And now it's time to get up out of here. You got a positive no charlamage, yes man, the positive notice.
Speaker 1: Simply this. I told y'all man, thank god teacher today, because a good education could change anyone, but a good teacher can change everything. Breakfast club, bitch, is you yn't finish or y'all done