Speaker 1: Play against You must have gone against.
Speaker 2: Brown a lot less.
Speaker 1: I do cook him weekly, Yes, I cook him weekly, Yes, hundred percent. You know, when you're a rookie, you're like kind of just trying to figure it out because the NFL is significantly different than college ball, and you're I mean everyone on the field, can you know, score a touchdown, which especially in this offense. So yes, just seeing his improvement since he first got here. Uh, he's a guy that listens. Actually. One of my favorite things is back in OTAs me and FREGI an opportunity to talk to the rookies right before we all leave, before the training camp the forty days away. And one of the things I always talk about is when you're a rookie, just be a sponge everything, Like, just look at what vets do, Guys who are successful, look at what they do, and also look at what people do not very well. And I think Gyr is a guy who listened to that absorbed a bunch of information. He does the things that really good ball players do, whether it's taking care of your body, the mental side of it, the extra film, talk to your coaches about stuff, and then taking every day seriously and practice to try to get better, and so that's why he was set up, you know, for his opportunity today which I'm very proud of him. Had a perfect passer rating. Yeah system quarterback right, It's crazy, you know, just a guy who uh another guy who's just taking advantage of his opportunity. You know, Brook's fantastic the way that he you know, shows up, shows up every single day. You know. I like someone asked him about his was his mindset and you know how it can be so aggressive and protect the football, and he talked about being a surgeon. He talked about having zero fear, and just that quote from him by itself just shows his maturity level and how he understands the game and what he what it means to play quarterback at a high level while being aggressive of taking care of the football. So that really made me happy to hear that. But then you just I mean, like he doesn't surprise me like he does that every single week. He does it every single day. And you can just tell, you know, playing football aggressively and having fun time to doing it makes a lot easier. How much more fun are you having after a game? Like I'm having a lot of fun. Man, great times, Georgia. You're entering a stretch here. How you're focused on just the next game, but the next three are all big ones? How important is this next few weeks? Very excited about Thursday night footballgainst Sattle Seahawks. Short week shout out to the Rams. Good job guys, good job Michael flir So. Thankful for them. But you know all that means is seat is gonna be a little angry, and it's gonna be a great game up there. It's one of my favorite atmospheres, one of my favorite places to play. They absolutely hate us, and I just what a great fan base to absolutely hate us. It's really fun. It's gonna be exciting game. It's gonna be a physical game, and we have to go up there and get get a win.
Speaker 2: Raised his arms triumphantly.
Speaker 1: Did I did? I missed it? Breaking moves?
Speaker 2: But two plays later those and worn I guess if you didn't see it. I was gonna ask you once you saw do that, did you sense maybe that was a mistake?
Speaker 1: Did he knock him down or something? He just blocked him block him successfully? You know what, I bet you Nick was just trying to not get a penalty or a fine for hitting a quarterback. That's probably what it was. But you know what the thing about Baker is, man, what an He's an absolute competitor and you can just tell by the way he plays, especially like this year with the Bucks, he's having so much fun and like especially when you have a great you know, when you have Mike Evans and you know Godwin, you have you have some elite receivers, and you can just tell he's having fun out there because he is a competitive dude. And yes, what if if it was my choice, I would probably not hit Nick Bosa, you know, just for you know, your own health and safety. But you know, that's just the type of player, uh Bakers. And that's why, you know, Kyle talked aout him so much his entire week about how he's just a competitor who's not gonna he's not gonna give up, and he's gonna he's gonna try his best to win the game. And those are types of guys you want to be on your team. Service nominee for your team, congratulations on that. Thank you. How important to you that you give back to the community and the military wise, that's such a for you. You know, the military it means a lot to me from I have family members who have served. I've seen the toll takes on you know, families when they're overseas and you know, they're gone from their families. Like I've seen that in real life. I've got a chance to work with wonderful organizations like TAPS, Emergen Invets and Players, Operation Freedom Pause, And just every time I get a chance to work with the military family or just an organization, all it can be is just thankful, because I mean, these are people who sacrifice everything from the person who is serving to their entire family, and like you know, a lot of them give the ultimate sacrifice, you know, for this country. And because of them, we're allowed to all do this. I get to play a football game, you guys get a report on a football game, and we don't have to worry about that stuff really, so, uh, I just I'm always just so thankful of them, And I just I don't feel like, you know, our military gets enough support and recognition all the time. And so I'm very happy to be part of you know, the NFL, who does a great job. And I wish it was a year long, but we give them a month and you know, being able to bring a bunch of veterans to football games weekly. For me and my family, it's it always means a lot, just trying to give back to them as much as we possibly can.
Speaker 2: We've all seen this season. For you guys, Now, where do you think this team is?
Speaker 1: You? Are you at where you have to be? Are you extending? I think we're taking steps in the right direction, but we're definitely not there yet. I mean where we had we had five players and out the first drive and you know, we started working a little bit and then you know, we weren't great in the bleed drill. At the we did a great job and the end of the second half, but the first half into the second half we weren't great. You know, our defense had to make some plays there and so it's just we're taking steps in the right direction, but there's parts of our game that we need to execute a lot better at. You know, getting penalties on first down. That's what I always say, is like, if you turn the ball over, I have penalties on first secon down. It's hard to be a good football tam. It's hard to stand on the field. And you know, our defensive played at a very high level right now. And uh that's allowing us, you know, to maybe cover up those mistakes. But that's definitely something that we need to continue to work at and get better very quickly at. About the red zone, the red zone issues, you're five thirteen less thirs.
Speaker 2: What are you seeing there that not finishing drives?
Speaker 1: How do we do today one of two or four? I mean I scored and Christian scored. Your math's not great right now, man, that is true. You're not a big math guy. No, I understand it's difficult for some people. Yeah, I know it's not it's it's not you, it's me again, Like it's just one of those things we need to be better at. You know. Thankfully, you know, we have a a kicker who's making those field goals. That's really important just to get points on the board. But when you're playing really high powered offenses and stuff like that, you have to score touchdowns. You just have to otherwise, you know, they're they're eventually gonna you know, do something against our defense, you know, to score a touchdown. Like every in the NFL gets paid to, you know, be a good football player. And you know, teams have explosive offensive weapons, and so we need to continually get better and be more consistent in the red zone, which you know Kyle's gonna be sure of that. And we'll just continually keep knocking on the door before we can just kick it in.
Speaker 2: Observe some of the send a few just for how gratifying is it for you to see him playing when he still playing.
Speaker 1: This season, I mean last like two and a half years. Brandon's only gotten better every single day. You see what he does at practice, every day, training camp, ot As shows up just ready to roll. I'm very happy for him. I mean I always talk about my favorite thing is just seeing guys take advantage of their opportunity. It's awesome, you know, for you could get the long such down in the NFL this year, nice seventy six, seventy six yarder. Brock's arm looks great. But you know, I'm just happy for him. He's a fantastic football player, runs routes the right way, is the right mindset every single day. So very happy for him and very happy for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: A much higher touchdown rate with is it are you open more with him.
Speaker 1: Or are you pressuring him? Yes? Well, it's a combina shift, bowllying and just being open open more now. You know, I think we just have a lot of opportunities because the way that Brock takes care of the football and the way that he is able to extend plays with his feet, and he just does a great job keeping his eyes up, and we're just I feel like we're just staying on the field for a long time and being able to take those long drives. And you know, when you're on the field for eight to ten plays and you get down to the red son and you know, the defense a little bit tired and they might mess up a coverage, which is I mean, I love being open on those nice corner balls. Those are fantastic, and Brock had a great job finding it. I mean, that's a combination of our coaching staff knowing that with that one motion that we ran, they're going to change their coverage and hey, I'm wide open, Brock knowing it, Brock setting and us executing that on Friday and we practice it. But you know, I do enjoy the fact that Brock thres so throw me the ball in the red zone. It's fun. Thanks guys,