Speaker 1: It's The Armstrong and Getty Show featuring our podcast One More Thing Downloaded.
Speaker 2: Subscribe to it wherever you like to get podcasts, which has been in the last few years.
Speaker 3: I feel like that they've started breaking down intelligence into different groups. Yeah, it used to be smarter dumb, but now there's different kinds of intelligence, including emotional intelligence.
Speaker 2: And I ran into a guy who had very low.
Speaker 3: Emotional intelligence or whatever ability it is that some people have or don't have to read a room to read other people's body language or faces or whatever, right, and it's amazing. I mean I have run into several people. I know some people that are very high on that, Like I think Trump is extraordinarily high on that. He probably actually is genius level when it comes to emotional intelligence. I think a lot of successful people probably are. But I've known some really smart, successful people that seem to have like zero I mean, they're like imbeciles when it comes to emotional intelligence. And I met one on vacation, as I said, the world's least humble marine, And yes, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, do you think a decent description of emotional intelligence is understanding how the other person is receiving an exchange.
Speaker 3: Perceiving that absolutely, And it seems to me the people that are really bad at it have never even considered the idea of wondering.
Speaker 2: How the people are reacting to them.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like, truly, the uh, you have no idea how bad you or the more dumb you are, the smarter you think you are, one of those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone asked their question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the whole incompetent people don't know they're incompetent. And I guess that's true on all topics. And my experience with military people as we've Joe and I have done so many things with so many military people over the years, and we both have family members in the military. Military people tend to be pretty humble just the way they are, and the higher up the food chain you go in that the more likely they are to be humble, Like Special Force dudes, super humble guys you would never know there. And most Marines I've ever met in my life were like that also, except for this guy. So I'm on vacation and my son and I is actually going to be both my boys and I were going to take this boat trip. It's like this inflatable boat probably fit fifteen twenty people on it, maybe a couple of motors, and you're going to go out on the ocean and it was described as a pretty rough ride and then you ride around in the ocean and then there's going to be some snarkling and then a ride back and has a pretty long trip. It was like three hours total. But anyway they made it clear is really rough. And then my youngest son decided he didn't want to do it, and thank god he made that decision because.
Speaker 2: He would have never been able to handle it. It was grueling. I mean it really grueling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had to have your feet underneath these straps and then you had to hang on with both hands to these other ropes.
Speaker 2: Have you done this before?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 2: And these boats are not a smooth ride.
Speaker 3: No, no, super rough and you like had to hang on and really hard with your legs and your arms to stay in the boat.
Speaker 4: And it was.
Speaker 2: Hours of this.
Speaker 3: And it is a pretty physically grueling thing to do. And it was fun, but I mean you'd go over waves and land and boom.
Speaker 2: And it was just like such a jolt to your spine.
Speaker 3: I mean it was it was wrong AnyWho, So before we got on the boat, there's a young dude in a bucket hat, sunglasses, and a this is on the fourth of July, a red, white and blue speedo.
Speaker 2: And he's a super.
Speaker 3: Fit guy, like big guy, guessing like six two two ten, very fit, very muscular dude.
Speaker 1: Just to clarify, the bucket hat, the sunglasses, the speedo and nothing else.
Speaker 2: Correct, Okay, all right, he had flip flops on, well, grandam of a pair of flip flops, red white and.
Speaker 3: Blue speedo and and uh, you know, there's a variety of groups so like husbands and wives or boyfriends and girlfriends, or like me and my son. And then he's by himself and they talk about before we're gonna get on the boat. The captain who is a super cool dude, really really cool dude. He was six years in the Coastguard and then he's run other big ships around the world and he piloted this thing and he went in and out of rocks. I mean, he's like one of the most confident people I've ever been around in my life.
Speaker 2: I wish I was like him.
Speaker 3: He was military, so that factors into the story because he was like your regular military guy kind of humble and you know, not trying to show off or anything like that. So he tells we're all to sit on the boat, and you know, if you really want to smoother ride, sit in the back. It gets rougher as you go toward the front. And then if like you're really worried about this, sit in the middle pillar. And so there are some older people that sat in the middle pillar. Some girls did and then kind of spread out, and my son and I were up toward the front. Marine guy takes fronts he I'll take front, And guy said, okay, cool, you're sure, said, I'm semper fie man, I don't worry about it. Oh so right off the bat, Marines never freaking tell you you're the marine unless it comes up in conversation. The fact that he just said that right there is the first time I've ever heard that in my life. At the guy in the speedo. So he gets up there and he's sitting toward the front, and uh, we take off on the boat and he's just non stop talking the whole time, never stops talking, talking to the captain, talking to all the girls around him. Of course, non stop chatterbox caught it. I don't know how many times you mentioned he was a marine or he was simper fie. Wait, too many times not hanging on to any of the ropes. He would just fly up in the air and land and kind of balance some stuff. See, I don't need to hang on. I'm semper fine.
Speaker 2: And I hate him already, I know, I know. And it gets worse.
Speaker 3: So they're going around, and so they start handing out The captain starts handing out gloves. He said, you're your your your knuckles are gonna get rubbed bloody holding onto the ropes against the canvas of the boats.
Speaker 2: Let me guess.
Speaker 3: So if you want to wear gloves, you can get him, he said, I don't need him. And the captain CD, I didn't know you'd take any captain city.
Speaker 2: The captain is already tired of this.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: You can tell.
Speaker 3: Captain says, uh, yeah, I didn't figure you'd want to. Of course, not sip for five. We don't use gloves. Okay, we get it. Dude, you've made it clear to everyone on this tiny boat who's hurt you already. You are in the Marines. He's actually stole the Marines. But you're a tough guy. We all fully understand.
Speaker 2: The whole dynamic of what's going on.
Speaker 1: We just stipulate that move on, get it, and it's neat.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So we're on this boat ride and the captain points out a couple of hikes and swims that people do in this touristy area on the ocean, and he talks about this one. It's a seventeen mile hike and swim. Not very many people do it. Do it?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 3: It's really really hard to do. It's really grueling. You have to be like an expert swimmer. Marine voices, I just did it, did it yesterday. I didn't think it was that big a deal. I'm not kitty, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 5: Oh you go ahead, he says, when you go, whoops and accidentally just donkey kick him off the side of above.
Speaker 1: You know, if only his dad had told him like once, I'm proud of you, son, or a good job.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, you think that's it? Uh, that could be it and not a shock that he was by himself. But so he had done this grueling like seventeen mile coastal swim or whatever. And the captain, the coastguard veteran guy, was pretty person. He said, wow, you did that, and he said, yeah, I didn't think it was that much. And he said, I don't know how many people have done that? Were you with some people? Says by myself. He said, man, that's not a very good idea. I usually suggest that people are going to do that swim they have a boat with him or nah, says a marine guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, we get that going.
Speaker 3: But here's the ending of my story. This is my favorite part of the whole thing. The captain, super cool guy, has a big speaker on his boat and he's blasting music the whole time, which made it kind of fun. And he's got like a bunch of different cool songs, so Jimmy Buffett tunes and different stuff like that, and just you know, kind of songs that people would like. And then this song comes on Michael, So that song starts and the marine says, hey, you know what I call this song? Captain's like, what Freeballin'? Oh no, He's like, what freeballing? You haven't ever heard that term freeballing. It's like when guys don't wear underwear, we call it freeballin.
Speaker 2: And I wanted to say to him, everybody got it, dude.
Speaker 3: We all understood from the first moment you said that you're pun.
Speaker 2: You You're fantastic pun.
Speaker 3: We just thought it was like coursing uncool, and there's there are a couple of they're not children on here, but there's a couple of like high school girls or whatever, not appropriate content for them or whatever. So then when it gets to the chorus, the chorus comes on and he stands up. So now free balling, like, really, emphasize again, freak on everybody's free balling? Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you teschnicles Michael, You're right, Yes, you're good.
Speaker 3: I actually thought at one point, are you a Saturday Night Live bit?
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask, are you in the background of some jackass ish video you're reacting to?
Speaker 2: That's wow? It was amazing.
Speaker 5: This guy sounds cringe from start to finish. Every part of this.
Speaker 2: I hate jack.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was just it was tough and I didn't know if my son was picking up on it or not. But when we got off, the buddy was like, God.
Speaker 2: That guy was an ad you know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, everybody and the captain just trying to ignore it.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you call it? Free Ballin' Okay, do you get it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: We all get everybody gets it. See the problems. And that's where I come in with the emotional intelligence thing. I mean, it was clear all of us looking around that we I mean, we're all looking at each other.
Speaker 2: We all felt exactly the same way.
Speaker 4: And I would like to It's like an experiment as a sociologist to talk to the guy and say, are you really not picking up on any of the use that everybody on this boat is giving that one?
Speaker 3: They're tired of hearing you talk too. They don't think your course jokes are funny, like you really that hasn't sunk into you at all.
Speaker 2: Was he drinking? No? Okay, Do you think he was a real marine or was he just being a marine? I definitely think he's a real marine, and he had all the They talked a lot about what base you been on and when you get out and blah blah blah, and he had too much knowledge about it. I think his marine.
Speaker 3: I just think he I think he's a super stud athlete, really good looking guy. So the uh the there's a captain and then there's another person who's like the tour guide and talks and takes lots of pictures, and she was like twenty five and super attractive. She went up to the front to sit by him at one point, like when we first started, because I think she was thinking, here's a single guy, good looking guy.
Speaker 2: I'm good looking girl talking. She was up there like five minutes, went back to the back of the boat.
Speaker 5: Okay, from the department of this is why you're single, dude?
Speaker 2: You know, uh number number one one?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll skip to this second point reminds me of a dude I ran into in Lama's classes when Judy was pregnant with her first and it was so obviously a case where a big stud dumb ass found himself some hot dumb chick and the two of them got together and pretty quickly started to make each other insane. And he is so clearly headed for that sort of future he is. He's got to be in the outermost, like three percent of utterly clueless.
Speaker 3: Right, And man, imagine how difficult that is to make it through life if you can't read other people's reactions to you at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're standing on a boat screaming, freeballing, right and in a family setting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it wouldn't be It wouldn't have been funny if we'd all been nineteen year old dudes.
Speaker 2: It's still yeah, we get it. We got it right at the beginning. You don't need to sing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was no way for the captain to make him accidentally fall overboard.
Speaker 1: Huh well, I was just gonna say, Karma really demanded that when the boat flew up in the air, he smacked down hard, maybe on them, you know, Karma punishing him for his uh well, the aforementioned sins.
Speaker 3: And I thought kind of what you were thinking there is like, how many women have fallen for this good looking studley dude and how long did it take him to figure out?
Speaker 2: And or is the reverse? Is this the really dumb hot chick that guys put up with for a while. I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: I see him connecting with either the and forgive me for referencing it anyway, but the hawk twak girl who was viral for a cup of coffee or the two stupid good looking chicks who stole the girl scouts money who had played the clips of whoa WHOA right many times? Well, they had the money and I wanted it. He'll end up with one of them or both of the.
Speaker 5: Speaking of a hawk two egg girl, I just want to let you know. I was at a bar over our vacation and my husband was elsewhere. So this guy came up and stood next to me and went, Hey, I just want to let you know. You look just like the hawk two ey girl. Oh, And I said, first of all, no, I don't. Second of all, is that your opening line? That's what you're going up to chicks now and saying. So anyway, I'm apparently the other hawk two ey girl.
Speaker 1: I got a marine, buddy, I think you should beat it to you and get along.
Speaker 2: Great Jack Armstrong and Joe the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 1: Here's we're talking about the neo Marxist trying to subvert society and what Americans love and are proud of and the rest of it. And a lot of people go along with them because they think they're doing the right thing. Here's a Democrat led town in Connecticut. This state trooper was killed by a hit and run driver last week, young Man family. The whole tragedy story that you've heard, you know too many times. But several of the council people wanted to fly the thin Blue Line flag in his honor and explained why they wanted to and what a fine fellow he was and what a tragedy it was. But several of the council members said, no, we can't do that. It represents racism and antagonism to many, many people. And if you don't personally believe that, and you fly it at your house and think it means something to you, that's fine, but we can't do it because again, it represents racism antagonism to many many people.
Speaker 2: Here's how this works.
Speaker 1: The flag, which has always indicated support for concern for love for police officers. During the heyday of the defund the police movement, the Black Lives Matter movements, which are both neo Marxist movements, they're trying to tear down the West.
Speaker 2: They've admitted as much.
Speaker 1: While they were in the midst of that fervor, they convinced people that any support of police police is racist and antagonistic, even though it's not and it was never intended to be. But they convinced a bunch of people that a legitimate expression of support for police is racist. And so now you have people saying, I've heard that's racist.
Speaker 2: Right, or at least controversial. Right.
Speaker 1: That's how that works, as James Lindsay has put it, Really, James Lindsay, if you want to control something, call it racist until you control it.
Speaker 2: Here's another brief example. Here's a North.
Speaker 1: Carolina teen, North Carolina, you ought to be better than this, suspended from school for using the term illegal alien in a classroom discussion. An administrator likened that to saying the N word. Sixteen year old Christian McGee, Right, wow, right, and so now is this here's the difference between the N word and illegal alien.
Speaker 3: I can say illegal alien over and over, just like you did, teacher, illegal alien, illegal aid.
Speaker 2: Try saying the innword. You'll notice the difference quick.
Speaker 1: Well, and check federal statutes, so you will find the term illegal alien all over the damned place. So is this school administrator an activist, a neo Marxist activist?
Speaker 2: Could be? There are a lot of them.
Speaker 1: Are they just a soft head that has been swept up in thinking, Oh, that's I'm told that it's it's racist to use that term.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna punish anybody who does.
Speaker 3: Probably that one the useful idiot, right, it is in no way which is why it makes me so crazy that now you hear even Fox News using the term migrant.
Speaker 2: How did we decide.
Speaker 1: To go from illegal immigrant to immigrant to migrant. It's because activists on the far left insisted on it and said, if you don't, you're a racist.
Speaker 2: And people said, dud, I don't want to be a racist, so I'll do what you tell me to do.
Speaker 1: How about a little independent thought, folks, Goodness, before we get to that too quick?
Speaker 2: Things on.
Speaker 3: I just looked up at the Twitter machine and there is something on there about young people in New York talking about how they all got punched in the face because of a recent TikTok challenge in which the thing was to just walk up and punch people in the face, and some of the morons do it. I want a TikTok challenge that is, it's the uh, leave your parents' house, get a job and support yourself challenge, the follow the law, pay your taxes, and raise your kids right challenge.
Speaker 2: See if that catches on, it'll be waiting forever for that. God.
Speaker 3: I saw one the other day where there's a whole bunch of iterations of this of like it's just abusing old people scaring them basically, and.
Speaker 1: It's just horrific, harsh and draconian penalty act, like somebody broke into the house for grandma and then and you know get her reaction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because she's an old woman who thinks somebody broke into her home. That's why she reacted that way. Why is that funny? You freaking moron. You should be in jail just for this.
Speaker 5: You know, it's concerning the people who do that and the people who laugh at it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this one was a I guess this was a Jackass thing originally from the Jackass movie.
Speaker 2: I saw this on TikTok the other day.
Speaker 3: It was you push a stroller with a baby in it, a fake baby at toy the doll.
Speaker 2: Doll is the term fake.
Speaker 3: Baby, Yeah, and bother sh and like, you know, the stroller you accidentally trip and push it into traffic in a car hits it or something like that, and then you get the reaction of people who are horrified that a baby just got ran over.
Speaker 2: Why is that funny?
Speaker 5: Or you get the people that run out into traffic trying to stop it. Right, there's another guy that's going he went viral the other day that was going through like walmarts and targets and going up to people that had full carts, families, I mean everything, and just pulling the cart and knocking it over and knocking this stuff everywhere and then running away for no reason at all other than to be.
Speaker 3: A dick, right, And then their friends film that and put it on TikTok, and then people watch it, and I think that's okay.
Speaker 2: I guess I. Well, I had them with the algorithm. Is the more attention they get, they get paid.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you're young and complaining about this, because when Joe and I complain about this, we just sound like, you know, old men about modern culture.
Speaker 2: But this is a change in society.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yeah, well you're complaining about it. I'm even now sketching out my plan to form a vigilante group that's going to find these Internet scoundrels and hunt them down and.
Speaker 2: Give them some real world ass kickings. Oh I know what it was.
Speaker 3: So you take the car carrier thing that you put your baby in, like when you go into the grocery store, and then come back and snap it into the car seat. The person puts it on top of the car. It does some stuff and then drives off with on top of the car, and then you film the reactions of everybody freaking out that you drove off with your baby on top of your car.
Speaker 2: I do love it.
Speaker 5: In New York, there is a hashtag I punch back, and there are a series of videos.
Speaker 3: Of people I'll tell you what you come and knock over my cart full of stuff with my kids there. I'm gonna have to fight myself to not tackle you.
Speaker 2: And we're rolling around to find out.
Speaker 1: Oh god, dang it, all right, Well, this is troubling and disturbing in the world is ugly and full of evil anyway. So it turns out a giant cargo ship took out a bridge in Baltimore on the day that we are recording this podcast. The death toll is yet on unknown, but at a terrible disaster and incredibly dramatic video as well. This posted at Armstrong and Giddy dot com Tuesday, March twenty sixth Anyway, got this.
Speaker 2: Note from twenty thirty two. Very good.
Speaker 1: I'm speaking to you from the moon colony. While Jack remains on Earth. Trump is in his fifteenth term. Finally, finally, one party rule, as we dreamed of secret all those years we were talking about the Constitution. So Al the Mariner, we'll just call him Al Anonymous. I don't think he'd mind, but does this sort of thing for a living, big ship shipping, and has corresponded with us through the years whenever something in his realm comes up, and he's quite knowledgeable and appreciate the note. But i'll read you parts of his email to us. I watched this with my captain and cadet. I don't know what a cadet is. Apparently that's something on a ship, and from what we can tell, it looks like they lost the plant the ship's power and or propulsion and collided with the northern span of the bridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually twice they lost power.
Speaker 1: She meaning the boat most definitely had at least a harbor pilot on board, and may even have had a docking pilot on board too. Harbor or bay pilots get the ship from the sea buoy to the port, and docking pilots park the ship. Driving a conning a ship or driving it isn't nearly as simple as most people think it is. I don't think it's simple. It's probably really hard. Oh I thought it was hard, and it's harder than I thought. This ship has a bow thruster one, so okay, whoo. I'm trying so hard not to laugh. I don't want to give him the encouragement.
Speaker 2: That was great, Jack, Thank you for that. Child.
Speaker 3: God, my child is right, my son who's twelve, and I don't think he knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: Drop to That's what she said on me the other day.
Speaker 3: Because it's popular in school, and I don't think they most of them know what they're really talking about.
Speaker 2: But I don't see that gives me hope for the next generation. It really does. Were they discussing China on the playground? Oh boy?
Speaker 1: So the ship has a bow thruster just like Jack, one slow speed diesel engine, and one fixed pitch propeller. In order for most of these types of ships to reverse propulsion, the engineers first have to have to unclutch the shaft I won't good, shut down the engine, stop the shaft from spinning, restart the engine backwards, and clutch in the shaft. These ships are built to run most of their lives going forward as efficiently as possible, so they are incredibly inefficient trying to make way a stern backing up. In a perfect world, it would take a few minutes to start backing down. Well, this isn't a perfect world. Wow, I didn't know they could start going backwards that fast. I figured it took longer than that, longer than what. No, in a perfect world, it would take a few minutes to start backing down. But this is not a perfect world. With ships, you can't just put it in reverse. First, you are trying to take off ten of thousands of long tons of momentum. It's a term I'm completely unfamiliar with, with the added delay of the plant going through its process of getting the stern bell going. So for the most part, mariners have to maneuver their way out of an open moment. If you don't have power, you can't move the hydraulics involved with the rudder to push your stern over most cargoes, vessel pivot point is a third of the ship's length from the bow to the so even if we were able to start a turn, the ship may still have hit the bridge on the side of the vessel like a glancing blow. Also, with a fixed pitch prop, you will back up the opposite side. Your screw pins oh, back up to the opposite side your screwpins. For example, if your prop spins clockwise going forward, this is called the right handed propeller. While you're trying to back up, your stern will get pushed to the left. Then he goes into how the rudder works. But the point is it is a nightmare to maneuver these things, and you've got to be extremely good at it because there's so much energy, that much weight in motion.
Speaker 2: Well, I know you're seafaring people, Katie.
Speaker 3: Your dad has a boat and everything, But if you've ever driven a boat at all, you know how difficult it can be to, you know, go a certain direction or stop from going a certain direction if you miscalculate.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and everything takes extra time. There is no immediate maneuver on anything.
Speaker 2: On the water.
Speaker 3: And then so our Joe and I's friend Dave, who lives on a boat down San Diego. Last time I was with it, I guess it was last Friday, fourth of July. So we're on his boat and we come back and he lost motors. He lost one of his motors, so he lost the motor on one side, so he could only navigate one direction and man we ended up having a bad thing happen.
Speaker 2: But we are all on.
Speaker 3: One side of boat, trying to keep us from smashing into all these other boats and smashing his boat up against the poles, because once you start drifting, and he got no motors, like that guy was talking about, if you've got no power, you're just going the direction going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I don't know if you guys saw that video where it's sped up where you can see where this ship is heading towards the bridge.
Speaker 2: I mean the power goes out twice.
Speaker 5: So they're clearly having some big issues, let alone trying to maneuver this thing.
Speaker 1: Right, And I'll get to that in just a second, but he points out the description of how the rudder works that and anybody who has a boat knows this.
Speaker 2: You can't turn a boat that isn't moving right. It's got to be.
Speaker 1: Moving to turn, and if you need it to turn quickly, it needs to be going fast.
Speaker 2: If you've driven on snow or ice, you know this phenomenon also, right.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so they had that problem, and it takes a long damn time to move a ship like that significantly, especially at the speeds they were going.
Speaker 2: Then he says.
Speaker 1: All of that being said, the loss of power adds a massive delay to try to make any corrective action. In the video you can see the lights cut off and back on again. We timed it. It took well over a minute to get power back on. The regulations say that the emergency diesel generators should only take it most forty five seconds to restore power to the emergency systems.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that reminds me of the text we got that said I didn't know Boeing made ships.
Speaker 1: Now, uh yeah, yeah, uh. With this, you'll probably hear why didn't they just drop an anchor? Well, it doesn't work like that in the movie Battleship or Contraband. In order for the flukes of modern anchors to fetch up, you have to be going almost one knot. I had a captain tell me one time, never run aground with two anchors on board.
Speaker 2: They don't do. But it makes it looks like you tried everything. Oh okay, So.
Speaker 3: That said, just first of all, I didn't think of the anchor thing. If I'd thought of it, I would have said that myself. Why didn't they drop the anchor? But don't run aground without having dropped both anchors, or at least it looks like you tried.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 1: Things like this can have a number of things go wrong, ranging from misjudgment from the pilot, of miscommunication between the pilot and captain, or a mistake in the engine room that caused a loss of power and or propulsion. Shoot, it could be all three. I highly recommend keeping an eye on the YouTube channel what is going on with shipping. The guy there does a great job at explaining maritime and navy stuff, and he'll break this down as soon as he has info.
Speaker 3: So these great, big giant tanker ships that got all those containers on them, and railroad cars and stuff like that, or trailers for semis. I mean that gives you the perspective. It's the only way you can get any perspective on these things. As they're sitting out in the ocean with nothing next to them. You look at those things and think he's one of those is like a train car or a container or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you think, oh my god, that's a giant ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But remember so we were at a port in West Sacramento where they ship lots of rice in and out from around the world. Remember that guy telling us stories about those giant ships that come in and there aren't very many people on those ships, and how weird they all were. Yes, that story, I do one undred percent you've ever heard this, Katie before. But they're out there for months, and a lot of people that work on these ships are very strange people, because you're somebody that wants to be on a ship with no other human beings and like no entertainment or anything like that for months by yourself down in the dark of a ship.
Speaker 1: It's these guys, uh, don't even have visus, so they can't come off the ship, so they'll dock in the US or dock in some port. That sounds interesting. They're not allowed to get off the ship. They just stay in their dark ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was special kind of personality for that job. That was Frank, right, wasn't that his name? I don't know. That was super interesting though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And whenever I see those ships, that's what I think of now. Got some really strange mole people living on that ship.
Speaker 2: Romanian mole people must not be allowed off.
Speaker 5: It comes out of my mouth every time we go on the boat with my family, because we'll go out of the estuary and we're down on the sea level looking up at those things, and I'm always like, how do those how do they float?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, there're you know, some terms are overused. They are quite literally bread taking to see from anywhere close to them.
Speaker 3: Well, they displaced more than the weight of the water technically is how they float. But that's hard to imagine that that even happened. Yeah they what Oh.
Speaker 2: Keep your shaft oiled? Yeah, am right, I'm right wow. And a clip from shaft. Yeah, that was just all sorts of enterpa. It was a multi media presentation you gave us there the Armstrong and Getty show, yea or Jack or Joe podcasts and our hot lakes full of texts before we get to Joe, why Joe hates Canadians. I do not hate Canadians. But that's what you said.
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't paying attention. I have to share this, says a texture. I took my six year old granddaughter to San Francisco. While we're walking to lunch, a group of men rode buying their bikes absolutely naked. My granddaughter said, Nana, who is running this place? Out of the mouths of babes?
Speaker 2: Yep. Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Sort of thing you will see in San Francisco, completely naked men on bicycles, and some people think that's wonderful for some reason, that that's like progress for some.
Speaker 2: Reason, I'll never understand. A bunch of twist tooids.
Speaker 3: Also mentioned at the end of the radio show on the twenty first that it was my birthday, and for some reason, I've never cared less about my birthday than now. And I'm not exactly sure if it's wisdom and maturity or depression and I've lost the ability to enjoy life. But we did get this text your birthday. Everyone has when you're not special.
Speaker 2: Geez wow, Well thank you for that. All right.
Speaker 1: That's that's a person I really pity. Yeah, imagine being that unhappy.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. I don't even know.
Speaker 3: When I see that sort of stuff on social media and you see a lot, it's always like, wow, first.
Speaker 5: Of all, Jack, happy birthday. Second of all, that person, wooh there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that has nothing to do with you, obviously, I know you know that Jack.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, boy, that's that's entirely about that person.
Speaker 3: When I come across that stuff on social media. Really honest to God. The thing I think is I need to make sure my kids don't end up like that, to where they're so miserable at the with the lir lives that they have to strike out at anything that might be pleasant or happy for someone to get through the day.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jesus, it's so awful.
Speaker 5: Or someone that that maybe isn't so miserable that they do that, but does.
Speaker 2: It for joy? Yeah? You know there are those.
Speaker 5: People that that, I mean, you see them all over the Internet that create these accounts just to.
Speaker 2: Troll people because they enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I've only known I've only I've only personally known two trolls, but they both had the same attitude. So I'm just assuming that that's kind of common among the troal community. They really get such enjoyment of there's somebody happy. I'm gonna try to take some of that. And it's just think it's so weird. I've never had that feeling. You know, somebody somebodysickness, somebody got somebody got a new car, and I say I heard they suck or just something like that.
Speaker 2: What what is that like?
Speaker 3: Why? Why?
Speaker 1: Well, as I've always said, people who are too dopey or lazy to build things. The only satisfaction they get is from breaking things. It's again, that's pathetic. Yeah, it's like the person who vandalizes the playground equipment. I mean, it's the same sort of thing.
Speaker 2: It's just awful.
Speaker 1: The only effect they will ever have on the world before they are dead is to break things and hurt people.
Speaker 2: So that's what they do. And and again it's it's just painfully pathetic. And what is a birthday dinner for you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna go eat steak tonight and probably some sort of ill advised dessert'd be my guess. It's more for my kids than me. I don't know if I would even leave the house tonight if it w birthday. Bang Bang Oh boy, that sounds like a challenge stake five push ups. That's the that's the deal. A bang bang is back to back meals of completely different kinds. So what do I follow steak with pizza? Stop and get a pizza?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh, steak is a dense, dense first blow. It's gonna leave a mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, following up steak something completely different, nice uh Ramen restaurant or something that's a little hipster for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe Italian though in the noodle the noodle realm.
Speaker 2: Well right, let's go raman adjacent i like the spaghetti and meatballs. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did an accidental bang bang with my brother when he was in town when I had cancer. We ate a pizza not knowing my wife was making dinner, and then we got home and she had made a big dinner, like a big homemade dinner, because my brother was in town and so you can't, you know.
Speaker 2: So she colums the word.
Speaker 3: We had stuffed ourselves with pizza, but then brought it hard for that homemade dinner.
Speaker 2: Also, well, wait, a man up. Yeah, I commend you for that. It's just the polite thing to do.
Speaker 4: M