Speaker 1: Hi, everybody. Welcome to another edition of Packers Unscripted from Packers dot Com. I am Mike Spaffer, joined as always by my trusted colleague Weston Hadco. It's coming to you hear from our studios at lambeau Field and West lambeau Field will be the host location of Sunday Night Football. We are here to talk about the Packers against the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs. It's a big one for both teams. The Packers have gotten themselves back in the mix a little bit here in the NFC. The Chiefs are chasing that loan first round. By that only the number one seed in each conference gets under the lights. And maybe they'll be a superstar in a music superstar in a lambeau suite somewhere. I guess we'll find that out at some point. But this is about football, and this is gonna be a really, really exciting, entertaining and highlyticipated game.
Speaker 2: Do you know something I don't know about Mick jaggerbying here or something? I got jokes? Bad dad jokes.
Speaker 1: Swifty Night Football is what some people might be calling this.
Speaker 2: That's me, but you know, I get it, understand it. I'm a part of it. I enjoy Taylor Swift music. But I got some goosebumps in the locker room on Wednesday, and it had nothing to do with Travis Kelce or Taylor Swift or pop culture. Had to do with John Runyan. And I was pushing you big on the John Runyan Press, you know, the press scrum yesterday. But Runyon had a moment near the end of his scrum where he got to talking about Sunday night football and Sunday night football specifically in the month of December. And the thing that he sort of have to remember is his first two years here, NFC Championship game, Big year in twenty twenty one, number one seed, a lot of Sunday night action. And he said, you know, there's a lot of young guys in the scene that haven't felt it yet. But there is something special when you walk out on land Field and you see your breath, you get those kind of chills, those fall late fall, early winter vibes. Yeah, and there's something that just brings it adia and him doing that it almost kind of to me was like when people describe like baking a cake or you know, Thanksgiving dinner like it almost. It got me revd up because this game in it itself, it sells itself. Yeah, Green Bay Packers, surging offense, coming together five and six, very much alive now in this playoff hunt. And then the Kansas City Chiefs. I think when you look at marketability branding, this team is the face of the National Football League, defending Super Bowl champions And it's not just Patrick Mahomes, it's the guys that have gotten the light put on them. Beyond that, you know, I think of a guy like Chris Jones. I think of, you know, these players that have been making an impact, but more importantly have been winning football games. So as you talk to me about this and we preview this game here coming up, I'm just so excited to be back in December and obviously have a very meaningful football game in front of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, looking at the Kansas City Chiefs and the season that they have had coming off of their second Super Bowl title in the last handful of years. They started off with a loss in that Thursday night kickoff opener to the Detroit Lions, but then they bounced back from that. They won six games in a row. They were six and one. But now They've lost two of their last four. Now. Granted, one of those was a big Monday night game, you know, under the lights against the Philadelphia Eagles, the top seed in the NFC. Really good game, came right down to the wire. Those kind of things happened. But there have been a lot of questions about the Chiefs offense this year because it hasn't been the explosive point producing machine that it has been under Patrick Mahomes with Patrick Mahomes at the Helm in recent years. But I tell you what, Wes you know. I know the Raiders have had, you know, their share of ups and downs and everything this year, and they have the coaching situation going on there and all that. But the Chiefs last week, they were behind fourteen to nothing out of the gate to the Las Vegas Raiders, and they ended up winning that game in a runaway. They scored four touchdowns in a span of five possessions and absolutely blew out the Raiders. After a slow start. I think the Chiefs are getting to where they're answering some questions about the offense and getting to where maybe this offense is going to start revving up for the stretch run. Right when and where Kansas City wants it to, and this is going to be a big time challenge for Green Bay's defense to slow these guys down.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs are in an interesting position in two different ways. One, you obviously want to win as many games as you can, you want the number one seed. But I think from Kansas City's perspective, with as much confidence as they have in Patrick Mahomes and that defense, they're thinking more about how do we set ourselves up here to propel ourselves into the postseason to try to make this back to back run. But when I look scifically at the offense and I look at Mahomes in this thing, in a lot of ways, Mike, it sort of even reminds me of those Brett Farve years after the Super Bowl, after Mike Holmgren, where it was like you knew you had Brett Farv. You might not have known all the other names around him, but you had Brett Farv and you were going to be able to score points, and you're going to have production, maybe a few too many interceptions for your liking, but you're going to move the football with no disrespect to him. But the Antonio Chapmans of the world, sure not to say the kansadate's in that predicament, but it's Travis Kelcey and it's a wide variety of receivers that are around him. There is not a Tyreek Hill that's going to command one hundred and ten receptions. It's going to be a little bit of sky More, it's going to be a little bit of mvs and obviously the Rashi Rice who's coming on here for them lately as well. Yeah, and they're all dangerous. That's my main takeaway from where they're sitting right now is you can't take them for granted in that because, as Kenny Clark was discussing strictly speaking with Patrick Mahomes, he's one of the rare quarterbacks that can beat you from the pocket and with his feet, and when those two things come together, it makes it really difficult in terms of a defense trying to contain that weapon for four quarters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting. I did a little bit of research with regard to Mahomes because he is he is the offense's second leading rusher Kansas City behind Pacheco, who has I believe it's six hundred and sixty nine yards and five touchdowns. That's correct. But what I did is is with Mahomes being the second leading rusher on the team, he's officially he's averaging five point eight yards per carry. But I went back through the Chiefs play by plays and counted up all of the end of game, end of half, or end of game usually end of game kneel downs by Mahomes, And when you take those out, he's had fifteen kneel downs for minus seventeen yards this season. If you take those out, he's averaging eight point five yards every time he takes off and scrambles. That's a chain moving scrambler, is what that is. He You know, he can absolutely kill you on third downs where you can defend that offense for five or six or even seven seconds as well as you could possibly defend Kelsey and Rashie Rice and MVS and all these other guys, and then Mahomes will still find a way to move the chains because when he takes off, he finds a lane, he maybe makes a guy miss, he has the angle just to get to that first down marker. That's where where I think this Packers defense that has certainly shown some growth and some progress. You know, yes, there was there was some bad run defense against Pittsburgh, but Kenny Pickett didn't do a whole lot in that game. The Packers contain Jared Goff. They haven't faced a quarterback like this, who who can be so dangerous when you defend the offense so well. And I think that's gonna be something to keep an eye on come Sunday night.
Speaker 2: Something else I thought was really funny. You were the one to bring it to light for me about how much at the end of these second quarters they've been scoring.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, that's and that when I was doing the research on the kneel downs, I'm looking through their play by plays, and it's like, every time I look at the second quarter, I'm like, oh, the Chiefs scored again. Oh you scored like, you know, a field goal on the last play of the half or a touchdown with five seconds left in the first half. That's the other thing I was going to bring up because that prompted me to look up another statistic.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs have.
Speaker 1: Scored more than half of their points of the entire season in the second quarter. Yeah, one hundred and thirty two of their two hundred and fifty six points have come in the second quarter. To be this many games into the season and to have more than half your points in one quarter of play, that's like almost unheard of. It's uncanny. But so the point is, if the Packers and Jordan Love and the offense, if they're going to put together a you know, fifteen play ten minute scoring drive, make it in the second quarter, so Mahomes doesn't have quite so many chances to score points. Anyway, I'm sorry I interrupted you. We're going to make a point.
Speaker 2: That was basically my point. I mean, just to quickly put this out there. One hundred and thirty two points in the second quarter. The Jets have one hundred and sixty three for the season. I mean, this is a unit that plays well and it plays to its strengths. And if I may just to kind of give you another preview of when you have confidence and you have a core in a nucleus with their offense, defense, and special teams. Last week we were talking with Detroit about how Green Bay got off to that fast start and they used the complimentary phase of football to basically ice it right. Kansas City, look at some of these statistics on them, Mike. They've returned five kickoffs this season. They don't return kickoffs. They don't return kickoffs. I mean when you look at Travis kelce Travis kelcey seventy receptions for seven or and thirty two yards, five touchdowns. The guy's thirty three to thirty four years old now at this point in his career. I made the case an insider inbox. In my money, he does this for another two three years. You're talking about the greatest tight end of all time. Yeah, with all due respect to Tony Gonzalez, another great Kansas City Chief But defensively, they have six takeaways in terms of interceptions, Like, there are ways to beat Kansas City, and if you look at the games in which they've lost this year, the three of them, it's because of those things getting away from them. So for as dynamic as they are, I don't want to call them predictable because that'd be doing a disservice to all this. But there is a very clear blueprint for how you beat the Chiefs. The question for the Packers is can you play to that level in order to achieve it? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean when you look on the other side of the ball, this Kansas City Chiefs defense, and I'm not pretending to be an expert on the Chiefs and this run they've had.
Speaker 2: With you before we walked in here, you told me you were an expert on the Chiefs and this run that they're currently on.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I'm not okay, But this run that includes two Super Bowl championships, three AFC championships in the last handful of years, this might be. This might be the best defense that they've had. During this run. They are third in the league in points allowed, fourth in the league in yards allowed. They've reacked up thirty seven sacks. Steve Spagnolo, this defense is all about generating pressure on the quarterback, getting you into you know, the tough down in distances that force you to throw, and then Spagnola will dial up, you know, these exotic looks, these crazy blitzes, and make you react to them on the fly. George Karloftis leads the defense with eight sacks of those thirty seven. But the engine in the middle of that defense is Chris Jones. You mentioned his name before. He has seven and a half sacks, but that doesn't even begin to illustrate what he means to this Chiefs defense. He is a massive, massive dude in the middle of that defensive line. And even sometimes as big as he is, they'll still line him up almost more in an in an ad rushing position or even a five technique type of thing. He's not necessarily on the interior all the time, but man, he is a handful and and he you know, he just he plugs up the middle, run and pass and gets after the quarterback. Like you know, he's like an Aaron Donald in a sense. But he's but he's Aaron Donald with a heck of a lot more size and h and just a guy that you have to game plan for. And I'm very curious to see how the Packers can handle him on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's not like he's six six three forty. He's about six six three fifteen in that range. And if you want to see the difference in that Kansas City defense, and when we talk about like quarterbacks, right MVPs, you know, what do the Chiefs look like without Patrick Mahomes? What do the Miami Dolphins look like without Tua? Look at what this Kansas City defense looked like and against Detroit in Week one when Jones was still holding out, different unit. This guy is the playmaker He is the centerpiece. He is everything. When you talk about defensive line play and versatility, he exudes all of it. And as I was talking with Kenny clarkabouk because one of the questions I asked Kenny on Wednesday was you know how much he studies other defensive tackles, And he studies them all, and he isolated three things with him that stand out. It is the size. It obviously is the length, but it's the hands. And when you are that big and you can keep people off of you the way that he does, it doesn't matter if you're getting triple teams. Sometimes the guy's violent enough with his hands that it makes it very difficult for another three hundred pound human being to stay in front of him for any sustained amount of time. Chiefs did the right thing. Things did not go well defensively against the Lions. They missed Chris Jones in that game. They took care of him financially, they found a way to make it work, and since he's been back, he's been exceptional. I'll just throw out there too, George KARLOFTI, even though I'm not a scalp by any means, he was one of my favorite guys from the draft a couple of.
Speaker 1: Years ago coming out of Purdue.
Speaker 2: And he's developed into more of an all around pass rusher. That's been the biggest difference I think I've seen with him this season. Yes, he gets the sacks, but he's doing a little bit more of the little things too, with that linebacker corps behind them. When you talk about front sevens, I think right now in the National Football League, Kansas City's as good as they come, regardless of how much Steve Spagnolo is pressuring.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, this is a defense that has proven tough to beat throughout the course of the season. One other note I'll throw out there with regard to the Chiefs on special teams, Harrison, Butker hasn't missed a kick all season. He's twenty eight out of twenty eight on his extra points, and he's twenty out of twenty on field goals, a couple of those being from fifty six and from sixty yards, So it's not like he's perfect on field goals with just a bunch of thirty five yards. And in kicks he's made some long ones. Yeah, so a couple of really long ones. And he's a big piece of this Chiefs team as well as I said the number of times, and I wish I had actually counted it up because I was obviously working on another statistic. I wish I had counted it up when I was looking at it. The number of times that Harrison Bucker has made a field goal on the last play of the first half is crazy. This year. It's it's happened. I would I'd be willing to bet it's happened at least six or seven times in their eleven games based on when I was going back through their.
Speaker 2: Play You just look at the special teams coordinator, the unit that they put together there with Town said, the operation. It's all consistent. It's you know what you're getting day in and day out with it, and they've been doing it together for years. And correct me if I'm wrong here. Again, I wasn't researching this as thoroughly as you did. But I think Buckner even had an injury earlier this year that he might have been playing through a little bit. I mean it could be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not I'm not entirely familiar with what his situation was.
Speaker 2: Help was being able to be as consistent as he's been and be putting some of those situations and embrace it the way he has. We're entering this stretch mic where you're you're getting You don't, you don't, you don't expect perfection, But it seems like NFL teams are it more now from their yeahers Yeah, and with somebody like Bucketer, Yeah, and with how many opportunities you're gonna get when Patrick Mahomes is your quarterback. You need a good kicker in Kansas. Kansas City certainly has one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you mentioned earlier there's a blueprint to beat the Kansas City Chiefs. I want to give you a chance to outline that blueprint, but we will do so right after our sponsor business. Here Serious XM NFL Radio delivers hard hitting analysis and up to the minute NFL news that true football fanatics need twenty four to seven, three sixty five. And at Cousin Subs, we have something for everyone like our Wisconsin cheese curds, mac and cheese, golden fries, and creamy shakes, all paired with your favorite sub or sub and a bowl Cousin Subs fifty years of better. All right, Well, it's keys to victory time. You mentioned the blueprint outline it for us. How do the Packers win this football game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, coach Wes Hodkwitz over here with my middle school background in football, No, there's three things that I see with this. One is as dangerous as Kansas City is. They are erratic, and they've had big drops this season. I don't mean to throw mvs under the bus with that, but certainly you go back a couple weeks ago and that was the difference between a win and a loss for them. They can hurt you, but they're gonna give you some chances. They're minus five right now on turnover margin for the season. I think that ranks like twenty fourth in the National Football League.
Speaker 1: That's amazing to be minus five and turnovers and be eight and three.
Speaker 2: That means here, what do you gotta do If defense gets the opportunities, you have to convert them into points. And Lastly, for as much as this is always going to be about Mahomes, Kelsey and these weapons, the run game is such an interesting part of this equation. For Kansas City, Isaiah Pacheco was a fantastic find for them, and late in the rounds, I believe there was a local scout here from Green Bay. That was the one that was responsible for that a number of years ago for Kansas City. But when they don't run the football, that's the blueprint. When you can stop them from having success and putting them in third and law, that's the blueprint. Watch any of the losses that they've had this season, that's when they get in bad situations. And you know, Kadarius Tony had a really rough game you know, earlier this season under those circumstances when we're trying to convert third and lungs and drop passes turned in interceptions and in some cases I believe a pick six. So stopping Pacheco, stopping you know, whoever they throw at you, whether it's McKinnon or Edwards Hilaire, just being able to make sure they don't get as much room as possible they're keep them in third and lungs. Yes, this will game will be in Matt Patrick Mahomes' hands. It's just the way that this thing goes. Yeah, but you don't want to make his life any easier. I hope I answered your question.
Speaker 1: No, you did. And for me, I the two things that stand out to me in this game. If you're looking at keys to victory for the Packers. The first one is it's all about protection, protection of Jordan Love. And I say that not just because of you know, the game two years ago in Kansas City, when you know, when Love was thrown in there, when Rogers had COVID and he had just a couple of days to prepare, and then Spagnolo blitz the heck out of the Packers and you know, kind of wrecked their offense really for three and a half quarters. It's not because of that, it's because of how this twenty twenty three Chiefs defense is playing. Because watching, for example, the Monday Night game a couple of weeks ago against the Philadelphia Eagles, you know, a Super Bowl rematch and everything, and a super Bowl that was very high scoring, that game became a defensive slog for a while. The Chiefs were not doing much offensively, but that defense was making life really difficult for a while for Jalen Hurts and that Eagles offense because of the pressure up front. Because of all of the disruption, the Packers have done a really good job in recent weeks against Aaron Donald, against TJ. Watt, against Khalil Mack and then obviously this last game against Aiden Hutchinson. These are the elite of the elite, and Chris Jones is another guy who ranks right up there, and the Packers have to continue what they've been doing to neutralize that guy in the opponent's defensive front who is the most disruptive and has the most potential to wreck what you're doing. The other thing for me, aside from the protection of Jordan Love in this game, then, is just to limit the big plays defensively the Chiefs. The Chiefs have shown this year they can put together ten, eleven, twelve play drives and go down the field and score. But that's what you have to make them do because if they hit you for the big plays and they score quickly, then that is when their point total can get up into the twenty eight and the thirty one and the thirty four point range. And I don't think the Packers want to get into that kind of a game with the Kansas City Chiefs. Limit the big plays, make them go the distance. Maybe they make a mistake. They are playing on the road. You know, we'll see what the weather is like and everything like that. On Sunday night, you know, you gotta tap Travis Kelcey. As soon as he catches the ball, you can't let him turn six yard passes into sixteen eighteen yard games with broken tackles. That kind of thing is what I'm talking about in terms of limiting the big place. So for me, those are the two things at the top of my list. Protection and cutting down on explosives.
Speaker 2: And if there was ever a game for the Green Bay Packers to get back some of these injured players on the defensive side of the ball, this is the one because you know, I give a lot of credit to Isaiah McDuffie for how has stood in there this season for absolute Walker and Campbell. But if Devondre Campbell and Kay Walker are both out there, that makes life easier if you're in base against the Travis Kelcey, if you have Darnell Savage there, if you potentially you know where. However this shakes out at cornerback, there is a domino effect to the rest of it. With Jyry Alexander. So I just think it's a critical game and it's a big moment for Green Bay. I have implored people my biggest message in this thing is regardless of what the outcome is, maybe other than a tie. But regardless of the outcome, win or lose, you can't get too high or too low with this. Yep, the Packers win it, it's not the super Bowl. The Packers lose it. You have five games coming up here, and honestly, Mike more I look at this thing. I think it's going to take seven good victories to make the playoffs. The Packers need to bring as many of those together, whether it's beat in Kansas City or Carolina. You have to put some of these victories together and keep building on what they've done well here in their last three games.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely. We'll take a quick look here at some other games around the NFL in Week thirteen. Actually, there's an important one in the NFC. Tonight, Thursday Night, Seattle is at Dallas for Thursday Night Football. Second straight Thursday game for both of these teams that both played on Thanksgiving a week ago. The league seems to have gotten into that pattern that the Thursday night game after Thanksgiving is two teams that had played on Thanksgiving. So, yeah, you know, that seems to be.
Speaker 2: The computers just rebelling against the system. I guess so.
Speaker 1: But that's obviously a very interesting one in terms of the NFC playoff picture. A couple others that I think Packers fans will probably have their eye on Sunday before the Packers and Chiefs kickoff on Sunday night. Detroit is at New Orleans, Cleveland is at the Rams. So those games involve some teams that are in the mix there with the Packers. And then the biggest game on Sunday in the afternoon anyway, is San Francisco at Philadelphia, a rematch of the NFC Championship from last year when Brock Purdy got hurt and the Eagles kind of cruise to that victory to get into the Super Bowl. Man, how many times, speaking of the schedule and the computer spitting things out, how many times has there been a Super Bowl rematch and a conference championship rematch within a span of like three weeks.
Speaker 2: Or where it's been.
Speaker 1: That's kind of crazy when you think about it. But anyway, so Niners and Eagles, I think we'll all be watching the finish of that in the press box before Packers and Chiefs kickoff. Your thoughts on any of those games here in Week thirteen.
Speaker 2: Well, the New Orleans one is very interesting to me because as we've been talking about the Lions, you know, take nothing away from them, that was a very you know, hard fought game last week, but the Lions are kind of going through some things right now. They haven't really been hitting on all cylinders like they were even before that game against Green Bay. So seeing how they match up in the Superdome against the Saints, who have proven to be basically it's kind of a coin flip with them every week, it feels like, I mean, they certainly are a much different team with Alvin Kamara, there's no doubt about that. But trying to figure out them has been a really big challenge. You know, they they're so unconventional offensively with what Taysom Hill continues to do. I just in any given week, I don't really know what you get, and in most cases it ends up being around five hundred, right So seeing how the Lions responded that is going to be major. But I mean it is all about San Francisco and Philly and seeing how you know, Hurts has been kind of banged up. You know, the forty nine ers kind of went through some doldrums there, but now they've kind of pulled it together. Yeah, you talk about being a repeat of you know, the past NFC Championship game. I'm sure Kyle Shanahan the way he's looking at this is this is our measuring stick. This is where we got to get this team to. If we're finally going to solve the Philly problem, There's going to be five other problems in the playoffs and the NFC side of things. But you go back to the years with San Francisco and Dallas in the nineties, this is how these things go. So, uh, I'm sure they're going to tackle this thing, you know, very you know, with that much vigor and seeing if you know, they could finally pass that test. I do have a quick question for you, because I still don't really understand the flex scheduling for Monday night football. Okay, is there any party that was surprised there wasn't movement with Cincinnati and in Jacksonville or was it just too late because of the Borough thing?
Speaker 1: I think I think the I think the people really want to say, I think the Borough injury might have happened, might have happened too late in that Yeah, that's that's that's my best guess. But that being said, you know, Jacksonville. And I know Jacksonville doesn't have the market size and the fan following, but Jacksonville is a playoff team. They were last year. They're leading their leading their division and everything right now.
Speaker 2: So did you watch that Bengals Steelers game? Though? Last week?
Speaker 1: I watched a good portion of it. Yeah, it was that was pretty rough.
Speaker 2: I was looking for some leaves to rake or something, but I kept watching because the only reason I even bring up the Monday night football thing is because it keeps getting asked an insider inbox about the Packers Monday night game against the Giants. Against the Giants, I don't expect there to be any movement, especially since the Jets play there on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, and the the deadline has passed now anyway, But I always thought from the beginning, because the Jets have a home game at MetLife on Sunday afternoon, and then they scheduled the Giants for the for the Monday, I mean, how are I mean? So, the only the only way to flex it is essentially to then move the Jets to the Monday night game, which I don't know if that's any more attractive, because you know, Aaron Rodgers is back at practice now, but he's not act if he's not going to be playing.
Speaker 2: We've watched a game, yeah, the Jets.
Speaker 1: The Jets were put in a lot of big spotlight games for for obvious reasons, and then uh, and then with Rogers injury, those those haven't turned out to be the games other than when they beat the Eagles, which is the Eagles only lost this season. That was the one the country was watching, and and uh, you know, and that was what, uh, the game that everybody thought, oh, maybe the Jets are going to be all right here, but they're you know, they're not. I'll say this with regard to the Eagles and the Niners, it's gonna be I think it's gonna be a fun game to watch the and I know mathematically nothing will be decided, but man, if the Eagles win this game, they basically have the number one seed. I mean they're not you know, yes, mathematically it won't be official, but they're going to get if they win this game, they're going to get the number one seed. They're going to get the buye The only chance for in my opinion, for the Niners to actually steal that number one seed and the bye is for the Niners to go into the Link on Sunday and get that win and tighten things up.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like the marathon when you have the person that's out front by a couple miles. I mean, the Eagles closed the season giants, Arizona Giants. I mean, if you're gonna get them, you better get them quick. Yeah, I don't know if i'd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Niners could win this game, and the Eagles could still get the number one, absolutely because but you gotta help you currently have the one loss. I mean them pulling off that overtime victory when they were trailing throughout the game, trailing at the end of the fourth quarter, even trailing in overtime, but they pulled out that game against Buffalo to still be sitting there with just the one loss. You know, the Eagles are sitting in the catbird seat.
Speaker 2: As I like to say, as you like to say. It's a big Spoffordism.
Speaker 1: Should be a good game tonight, though, Dallas against the Seahawks. The Cowboys obviously trying to keep pace with the Eagles. The Seahawks, they've hit the skids a little bit. Kenneth Walker has been injured. A lot of Packers fans will be watching to see if the Cowboys can hand Seattle a sixth loss.
Speaker 2: More than anything. Gino Smith versus that Cowboys defense. Yeah, that Cowboys defense. You thought they were going to lose something earlier this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they lost one of their best players. But but yeah, look here.
Speaker 2: Comes Blank just out of nowhere, being like, hey, I'm gonna return every interception for a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Touchdout and set set an NFL record. That was something too. I didn't realize when he got that fifth pick six. The last time somebody had four pick sixes in a season was thirty years ago. It was nineteen ninety three. It was like, Holy Cole. I didn't realize that it had been it had been that long. But I guess that just shows them.
Speaker 2: Getting Well you think about it too. I mean, how often is it that a guy either has that much speed or is just that far removed from everybody else to be able to take it? You know, like, yes, there is a Dion Sanders type skill towards it, right, but a lot of times there's so many other variables that go into returning an interception right, And.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you can't have any You can't have any of your teammates block somebody in the back either, which happens a lot on interception returns. But when that doesn't happen, obviously you're you know you got a chance to to take it. But yeah, it should be a good one Thursday and at a big game in terms of the NFC playoff picture. A lot of Packers fans will be watching leading up to Sunday night, and with that we'll call it a rap on this edition of Packers Unscripted. Be shure to follow all of our coverage of the team and everything from Sunday Night's game against the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs. We will have it all for you on Packers dot com. For Wes, I'm Mike. Thank you for tuning in everybody. We will see you next time.