Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 4: And the official Dallas Cowboys at.
Speaker 5: Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola, Well the.
Speaker 4: Lady And this is regulous fall fight song.
Speaker 3: All those fs.
Speaker 4: My, Yes, this takes me back to thirty to twenty eight He didn't come back? Was born Rogers Staubach against these San Francisco forty nine ers in the playoffs on December twenty fourth, nineteen seventy one. Yes, it takes me back to all those great moments in Cowboys forty nine ers history.
Speaker 3: Good and bad.
Speaker 4: Mickey, can you think of any other moments in Cowboys forty nine ers history?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Micky Imscheek ninety two, ninety three.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good?
Speaker 4: Ever see can you think he were the moments in Cowboys forty nine ers history?
Speaker 3: No good moments?
Speaker 4: See?
Speaker 1: How nice I am?
Speaker 3: Well? You weren't here?
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was you were here? Bill was here?
Speaker 1: Were you pay?
Speaker 3: What were you? What were you working?
Speaker 4: I was actually in Lubbock, Texas.
Speaker 3: My first TV job yep, So did you talk bad about me?
Speaker 4: Actually, what did you call me out?
Speaker 3: He didn't know any better than he called me out. He probably called me out.
Speaker 4: I was like two months into the job. I was, I was, I was.
Speaker 3: You gotta throw somebody under the bus when you got young, I got to make.
Speaker 4: If you just had better vertical, they could have gotten.
Speaker 3: The white guy. I'll jump vertical.
Speaker 4: So here it is. It's the latest installment of the series. It goes back over a half century, the Cowboys and the Niners. I can't wait for Sunday Night football.
Speaker 3: Me neither.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 6: You know what, I was supposed to do an interview with somebody from San Francisco.
Speaker 3: I forgot all about that.
Speaker 1: The guy might be voting for a Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: I thought yesterday?
Speaker 3: My bad, bro, my bad. Ah. There it is.
Speaker 1: Who's it with?
Speaker 6: Uh K, f F and ESPN. Okay, no, no, that's a survey. That's the survey.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: One thing I've noticed this week is the tours have seemed to get larger this week. Here at the start Frisco.
Speaker 1: If you know what, it was great advertising.
Speaker 3: Exactly what?
Speaker 1: So? They asked Jerry about it?
Speaker 4: I know that's why.
Speaker 1: And he said, I told him right all you want, because now everybody's gonna know we got tours.
Speaker 4: It seems to have worked.
Speaker 3: He can't help but falling uphill. It's just the way it is.
Speaker 4: I just just had a big tour that came by the s w b C podcast studio and they.
Speaker 1: Well, Everson and I were walking down the hallway behind him, and the guy guy said, move over to the side, got personnel.
Speaker 4: We were personnel, and they did announce. I did hear. I was in the hallway at the opposite end of the hallway. I did hear the tour guide. They that's former Cowboys great Everson Walls.
Speaker 1: And about me, former former.
Speaker 6: I'm a Cowboy great beat by the hear this Hi Eversince Sam Loveman produced the morning Roast for a ninety five point seven The Game here in Frisco. Love to talk to you on Friday morning, but that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: So the roast was what they do or what they drink morning coffee.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's it's that probably drink.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but a Cowboys weeks, they're going to roast everything.
Speaker 3: Walls, Yeah, man, I snuck by, didn't call anybody.
Speaker 1: And you know what, these people on the tours are aware of what took place, because they Everson was like, okay, hurry up, go, we're behind you get going. This lady just started laughing.
Speaker 4: They're aware, they're aware, they're aware of what.
Speaker 1: Of the story?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of the about the tour.
Speaker 6: Oh oh no, they everyone's so giddy now on my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that they were welcome to the club. I told you.
Speaker 1: Eric tried talking to me Brad's brother, Eric Sham, Eric Sham, and he said something I don't know what he might. I said, hey, do not disturb my concentration. I got a podcast to do, and everybody busted out.
Speaker 6: I think everybody's giddy on these tours. Hey, let's see how we can screw things up. How much of an impact.
Speaker 3: Can we make?
Speaker 1: Can we be a distraction?
Speaker 4: That's right, I tell you. Like the way Jerry answered the questions all this morning, and I wonder if that'll get some run now that Jerry says he liked, likes the fact that their tours this is, this is more people will be participating in the tour, more money.
Speaker 6: And still there is no distraction. I'm sorry, it's all right. That's like really reaching for a story. I mean, we feel like that they reached all the time. With us, there's always these worst case scenarios.
Speaker 3: You know, with five games into the season, I think it was four games this season.
Speaker 6: Are the Cowboys gonna make the playoffs? Dude, we're four games into the season.
Speaker 3: Everybody, chill.
Speaker 6: Why are we the topic of conversation when you've got other teams out there that just having the same amount of problems that we have going on right now?
Speaker 4: How about how about the Rams last Saturday? The Rams were one in four last Saturday, and they beat the Raiders on Sunday, and now they beat last Saturday, the Vikings were unbeaten, and last night they get Pooka back, they get Cooper back, and now they've won two in a row. They're three and four and by the end of the weekend they'll beat They could be a half game out of first place in the UNFC West.
Speaker 6: And we're looking at the same thing here. But we need our players back. That's the difference. We need our players back because otherwise, whether we were game and a half.
Speaker 3: Out, yeah, that's nothing right, and not especially.
Speaker 1: Washington, the teams in front of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and by the way the Commanders. Jaden Daniels was not seen on the practice field today the media portion of practice, and so it looks like Jayden Daniels may not be going for Washington on Sunday against Caleb Williams in Chicago, so they could be later.
Speaker 3: That would have been a good trial.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a reason that CBS has that in the three twenty five window on Sunday with Nancy Romo calling that game. But now it looks like it'll be Caleb Williams versus Marcus Mariota.
Speaker 1: And the Bears will have a week to get ready for Marcus Mariota. So whatever he did last week, now they know who's playing, or at least they got to think they and.
Speaker 4: The Eagles go to Cincinnati on Sunday, and there's a Cincinnati team that's trying to get its legs again and probably will. And so it is still so very early.
Speaker 1: Eleven games left.
Speaker 4: It's a whole college season basically.
Speaker 6: Yes, or at least a former old school I don't want to keep saying this, and we're like fourteen games, we got four games to make up. No, Yeah, so we don't want that, all right.
Speaker 4: So you heard Jerry this morning. You heard Dak talk yesterday in the locker room. What's on your mind, Mickey h.
Speaker 3: What are they talking about? Facts? Tell me what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Well, Jerry kind of behaved himself.
Speaker 3: Oh that was no fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't make me laugh, make me think a little nervous.
Speaker 4: But Dak was talking about getting married.
Speaker 1: Dak'st how he was going to propose, I heard, I haven't known.
Speaker 6: I'm sure they asked him about getting right. He could just bring up.
Speaker 4: Well, I was told.
Speaker 1: How did you spend your by?
Speaker 4: How many? How many questions were asked about the forty nine ers of Dak?
Speaker 1: I had to leave early.
Speaker 4: I was told, But not twelve minute, twelve minute session with the media, and not a question was asked about the forty nine ers because they ask about the tours. You got to asked about Jerry's comments on the radio, You got to ask about your engagement, and there weren't action with c D Yeah, that route running Aikman, So.
Speaker 3: How did that? How did that? You know?
Speaker 6: I guess I can bring it up. Troy was He sent out a post on x I think I'm pretty sure you guys saw it, and it talked about the an aptitude.
Speaker 3: About receive it.
Speaker 1: Well, he did it on the on the ticket, Okay, talk to me that that's what that's how it got out, okay. And he was saying that they aren't running good routes. They don't get off the line of scrimmage fast enough.
Speaker 6: As opposed to when he compared it to the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 1: Right, and and that at the top of the stem or whatever, the cuts aren't accurate. And well, I don't know that I'm a route expert. I can tell when guys are open or not. You know a lot of times they're not open. Uh. McCarthy kind of knocked it down, uh initially, and then he talked more about the routes and how precise we have to run them, and and I think what you also have to consider. I think we talked about this one of the days you weren't here, the fact.
Speaker 4: That numerous days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh.
Speaker 1: He came back and pointed out, or he didn't point out, I pointed out that you got a lot of young, inexperienced wide receivers out there. Now. He and Dak included c D in some of his route.
Speaker 3: Run Well, Uh, Troy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean Troy, not Dak Troy, sorry and and so. But yeah, I mean there's a reason why the connections haven't been there if the routes aren't what you're expecting. Even you know, the interception in the end zone, his route wasn't precise. Now Dak got a little greedy instead of checking.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course he did. That was a bad throw. It was it was. It was up.
Speaker 6: Bad to say it was up. But it was up to your receiver to come and help them with you that right, I mean, that's what he's out there for.
Speaker 1: And he should have written wrote, written, run the route deeper into the corner of the end zone and not allow that guy to drop back.
Speaker 6: But even if he uh tried to run the route deep into the corner the end zone, I thought the ball was still flat.
Speaker 1: Well maybe he would have thrown it differently, Yeah, okay, which allowed the corner to come off or the safety to come off.
Speaker 3: Now the corner came off.
Speaker 1: The corner. He was a corner, but he was covering the out route to Tolbert.
Speaker 3: It was it was a cover too. Yeah, it looked like a.
Speaker 1: And he dropped off and it's like you're not expecting he's you're when you when you probably look at more video, you're supposed to be covering that. What are you doing back there right now?
Speaker 3: He made a heads up play, heads up play.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, so it's a combination of things. But the quarterback is always gonna take responsibility. That's their job, right, That's why you get paid so much, no doubt, right. Uh. I told the story today on On on the Fan when they asked me similar about Dak always you know, being positive and going forward, I said, that's part of the job of the quarterback. The quarterbacks the face of the organ.
Speaker 3: I've never heard Troy or blame any of that on anything.
Speaker 1: The worst I've seen the worst I've seen, and I think it might have been this past game Mahomes somebody dropped a pass and he did an eye. They had a facial shot of him and he rolled his eyes like seriously.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, catch that all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't say it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I have I have an opportunity to have the right to be a little upset about that.
Speaker 1: It was like maybe twenty eighteen and Dak was talking about how he needed to be better and his passes aren't here or there, and a lot of it was drop balls, tip balls, guys not catching the ball the way they should.
Speaker 3: And let get the inside position.
Speaker 1: Right, not crossing their face right. And so he was walking off after all that, and I kind of was looking at him. He goes, you're looking at I said, I'm looking for stabbings. Yes, exactly, That's what I told him. And he kind of smirked, and he goes, I'm the quarterback. Yeah, and that's what they got to do.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I to me, it's I hope I'm not oversimplifying things.
Speaker 3: We needed CD in camp. Thank god Dak was in camp.
Speaker 6: What if he would have held out, Yeah, yeah, that would have been really crazy, and he could and.
Speaker 3: He could have.
Speaker 6: I don't know if their contract situation was the same. Did CD have a year left on his deal?
Speaker 1: CD was franchised, Okay, okay, Dak had one year old, but he was guaranteed right right, he's gonna make seventeen million.
Speaker 6: I think they needed they needed the work. They needed the work, and it is it is. You can see it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: And so you say, Okay, CD's not here, I'm going to work on my connection with cook. You got Cooks here who was doing his job in training camp, but then he was overworked. Now you come into me. So he got two three games in. Now he's not here. And that was the guy that you were working with the entire UH training camp, trying to get a rapport with, and it was a good one until he's not there anymore. So now you're dealing with the receiver who's you got a great connection with last year to potential MVPs. He had a chance to come into camp, he didn't and now you're you're depending on the guy who was not there in camp.
Speaker 1: And number three is now number two, number two four and five.
Speaker 3: Number three four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the number one wasn't in camp, so.
Speaker 6: You gotta I don't know if what's going on with he in the tight end, but just like with Troy Aikman and Novcheck, just like with Romo and Witting, you gotta go to Ferguson.
Speaker 3: You gotta go to Ferguson.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 6: They're not going to him enough. He's not he's not getting the looks that he should get. And I'm pretty sure he's running some good routes because I've never seen anything but good voutes from him, and he's a guy I would go for the fifty to fifty ball.
Speaker 3: I mean, even if he's.
Speaker 6: Covered, but he's got position, he may be still covered, but I still got to take a chance and give him an opportunity to show his athleticism. And that will take a big burden off of you, big burden.
Speaker 1: Off, especially after the way he runs with the ball after that.
Speaker 3: Thank you man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's one of the matchups, not a matchup, but one of the intriguing.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Two of the intriguing personalities in this game. Jake Ferguson for the Cowboys and the tight end for the forty nine ers, George Kittle.
Speaker 3: Now Kittle is he playing? They've got issues, just.
Speaker 1: Like Jerry Port says he limited practice so didn't playing. Yeah, he's playing. Did not practice limited practice?
Speaker 4: Guy, look at this guy.
Speaker 3: There's no doubt. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. And and I think that from and not to get distracted.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Two guys did not practice. Givens the backup defensive tackles from elite Collins and Juan Jennings did not practice. He didn't play last week, so I bet he's probably out. Jake Moody, the kicker, is probably out. They signed onto the practice squad. Carlson and is it?
Speaker 4: And Carlson kicked last week for them.
Speaker 1: Right, kicked a short field goal and then the onside kick and then messed up.
Speaker 4: On site Carlson kick and then in a position where you get to see him.
Speaker 3: Driving together on site.
Speaker 1: I really do you think he's been practicing? And then Deebo did not practice in yesterday. He was limited, but that's still I think a fifty to fifty thing. And to come back from I mean, how good could this conditioning be if you had water on.
Speaker 4: Your long experience as a doctor? Is that probably? So you're looking at.
Speaker 6: You're looking at a team that's just about as decimated as I was is and you know, I look at this us just having a good chance here.
Speaker 3: We got to we have to rely on the guys that.
Speaker 6: Show us the toughness. You know, We're going to have to rely on our running back. We're going to have to rely on Ferguson, Yeah, because we got to show them something. You know, Uh, the trenches with all these injuries and the specialism, the trenches are going to be extremely important.
Speaker 3: In this game.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's going to be one of those past happy games. They're running for what over one hundred yards a game. They're going to try to pound this ball down our throats until we can show somebody that we can consistently stop to run.
Speaker 3: They're having like one hundred and twenty yards on the ground.
Speaker 4: Even without McCaffrey, without mccaffe.
Speaker 1: Averaging nine many. Well, the guys the second leaning rusher in the leading Jordan Mason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he didn't even play the second half one of the.
Speaker 1: Games because they were so far ahead.
Speaker 3: No, no hurt.
Speaker 4: And so then Girndo comes in and he.
Speaker 1: Goes right, he ran for ninety seven yards.
Speaker 4: On four cars and those are actually and is that Mitchell is out too, has been out, and so Mason was actually their third running back and Girndo's their fourth running back.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about the the Uh.
Speaker 4: Let's do that after the break. Okay, what are we going to talk about after.
Speaker 6: The talk about the effect of effectiveness of blocking without a star running back?
Speaker 4: Okay, I like it, and we'll do that when mix shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregames, sideline access, and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win. Slid for the first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 4: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kick off. I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 1: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction.
Speaker 4: Miller lt is brewed to be less filling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 3: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less filling. That's not what my script says. Hell mindset.
Speaker 9: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm Vishine legal guy, Celebrate responsibly. Lawalukee Wisconsin Beer amty six thousands to be point two grams cards for twelve bounces, Fewer cowsand cars than Canium regular beer.
Speaker 5: Shots.
Speaker 1: H so uh.
Speaker 4: Speaking.
Speaker 6: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your Connected TV.
Speaker 3: Catch up on all Cowboys content.
Speaker 6: Like player interviews weekly TV shows, podcasts, docuseriies like Deep Blue where we won an Emmy Award with twenty four to seven that's not included in this and much more. Download The Dallas Cowboys now app on Amazon, Fire, Roku, and Apple TV.
Speaker 4: By the way, I meant to I mentioned this to Mickey later in the day. I meant to celebrate your day yesterday?
Speaker 3: What's that it was?
Speaker 4: It was October twenty fourth, twenty twenty four. It was eversin Wall's day yesterday, twenty fourth, Wow, twenty fourth day of the month.
Speaker 3: Only you will come up behind.
Speaker 4: I thought that was that was gonna welcome you back.
Speaker 3: Forgot man.
Speaker 4: It will never happen again, never until next month, twenty fourth.
Speaker 3: The next month, yeah, will we be here? We would be working. We would be working.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe not if anyone gets a copy of this one.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean that I met Christmas Eve or something. I don't know. Okay, thanks Giving, all right.
Speaker 1: It's game Day November twenty fourth, so we won't believe it won't be at least not doing a podcast.
Speaker 4: I've got one thing before you go to what you wanted to talk about, which was.
Speaker 6: The effectiveness of the guys in the tranches our offensive lineman and defensive lineman's course, but in this regard, like.
Speaker 4: I said, I got one thing. Before you get into that, you got one thing. I got one thing. George Kittle and Jake Ferguson, Yes, okay to uh, I think that when you look at these two guys, Jake Ferguson is a lot like George Kittle. He's just four years younger than him. And it's interesting George Kittle, his dad, Bruce Kittle, was an offensive tackle at Iowa, and then he's got a very interesting story. He was out of football and actually was a lawyer, and then he became a pastor. And then like twenty years later, in about two thousand and nine, twenty ten, his old college teammate roommate Bob Stooks, hired him as an assistant coach.
Speaker 1: At Oklahoma Oklahoma Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: But what's interesting with his relationship Jake Ferguson is Kittle. Kittle's dad worked at a major law firm in Madison, Wisconsin, and he was actually born in Madison, Wisconsin, across the street from Camp Randall Stadium on a college football Saturday, and they were looking out and he actually as a kid grew up dreaming Barry Alvarez. Jake Ferguson's grandfather was the head coach at University of Wisconsin. Then yes, and he actually is early on he yes, yes, and probably listening right now, shout out to Barry Alvarez. Great guy. But Kittle actually wanted to be a Wisconsin Badger and then they moved it back to Iowa. And then when Iowa offered his dad's alma mater, it was a no Brainery's going to Iowa. Whatever. But anyway, there's a connection there between the Fergusons and the Kittles in Madison, Wisconsin, and that's where Ferguson grew up in Madison, Wisconsin and went to high school there and stuff. But I just think that there, even their personalities are similar and there sort tattoo they can have an eccentric personality at times. And uh, and you know Kittle. In fact, Mickey, you were in there yesterday. Will McClay was doing a telestrator segment for the Coaches Show and he was one of the things he was talking about was Kittle and just how smart he is, and he says he's up their top five blocking tight ends in the league. And I think Ferguson has that potential. He's a smart guy. And on this Telestrator segment, Will was talking about just look at at Kittle in the run game, how important it is. It was a run to the left, and you could see his mind at work and just picking out who he need, who he needed to block.
Speaker 3: It was the most dangerous person right exactly.
Speaker 4: There was a corner route much like the interception that Dack threw to CD, which you saw that one, and the adjustment that Kittle made on his route undercutting the cornerback who was laying back just like uh in the on the Lamb game, and and he was, but he still was able to maneuver his route to get back to the pylon where he knew that the quarterback was thrown to the pylon and adjusted his body and made a catch for the touchdown.
Speaker 6: I saw that that was caliber play.
Speaker 1: He kept the dB behind him.
Speaker 4: Right and he basically out.
Speaker 3: Like a basketball basketball play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and those kind of cerebral plays. And Jake Ferguson's got that about him too. And so anyway, that's what I wanted to say about those.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought you were going to say his father was Ron Kittle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, White Sox baseball player, get what the white you can't get?
Speaker 6: You get Oklahoma, White Sox. You guys are drowning in the lord. Yeah, legendary stuff.
Speaker 4: No, but to get back to in the trenches. Now, let's get in the trench.
Speaker 3: What's important? Uh?
Speaker 4: And by the way, to set you up on this, what are the Cowboys? Uh? They're running the ball. They are thirty second in the league in rushing on offense.
Speaker 3: How many teams in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Last count, they were thirty two defending the run?
Speaker 3: Well, why did you just say lest eighth in the.
Speaker 4: League in defending the run?
Speaker 3: Damn that's bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and yet I have more confidence in our offensive line than our defensive line. For some strange reason, I think we could put together at least.
Speaker 1: The projected starters are there well.
Speaker 6: And plus you put together some games to where the running game wasn't overwhelming, but it was enough to keep the defense honest. Right, And we're not just talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers game. So you see San Francisco with that offensive line and with a what third and fourth team running back, and they opened the holes for anybody that's back there. I don't know much about Party in regards to his scrambles, but I would imagine they held the rush off enough to where he can make that decision because some people were being covered down the field. Their wide receivers right now are not getting open, just like our wide receivers are not getting open.
Speaker 1: Well, he's averaged I mean four point five of carry h.
Speaker 6: That's because everyone's playing man the man and he's taking off.
Speaker 3: And now there you go.
Speaker 4: There you go in seven games.
Speaker 3: So I don't want our quarter back doing that.
Speaker 6: I mean, we know why, but I do want our offensive line to understand that you don't need a great running back in the backfield to have a great running game.
Speaker 3: So we'll I'm looking forward.
Speaker 6: That's why I always look forward to Daldo doing well no matter what we have upfront. I look forward to Zeke coming in and making something happen, regardless of what we have upfront. But I'm not the one that needs to believe in them. They're the ones that need to believe in them. So to me, I think it's doable, but it's up to them to believe it.
Speaker 1: You know, he had against the Rams ten carries for forty one yards. Party so he's been pulling it down a little bit more than that.
Speaker 3: And I'm not worried about the distance. I'm worried about how many times it moves to change.
Speaker 1: Four for thirty three.
Speaker 3: That Arizona seventeen seventeen. That's that's huge because.
Speaker 4: I mean, you look at Jayden Daniels, you look at Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson. They they're tops in the league and rushing first downs by a quarterback, and they're in the twenty to twenty five range. So party's not that far behind. And to put it in perspective, he only had fifteen last year in seventeen games.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, we were not aware of this aspect of his to do it as much as he's doing it.
Speaker 3: That maybe he never wanted to run last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, And part of that maybe he doesn't have that McCaffrey to dump.
Speaker 3: Them all off to.
Speaker 4: He's having to do it himself at times. And the other thing about San Francisco's offensive line is they are healthy. They've been healthy. Uh. In fact, until Trent Williams got ejected from the game last week against Kansas City. It was late in the game. He missed nine plays I think I totaled up on their offensive line. They only had missed a handful of snaps with their starters on their offensive line. Something this season.
Speaker 3: I don't think he might getting kicked out of the game. He's kind of tired.
Speaker 1: He walked out of the previous one. What happened through a punch? He got got it flag. I want you to count how many times he's not on the line of scrimmage. Okay, that's your job.
Speaker 4: This is a Vicky Keeve shot.
Speaker 1: And and the fact that he grinds his back toe into the ground and they never.
Speaker 3: Get it off fast. He gets off fast. What is that early? I'll say.
Speaker 4: So, you don't think he's the first ballot Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure he'll be. He's pretty good. But I think he gets away with stuff.
Speaker 6: Oh he's he's He reminds me of Eric Williams back in the day. Yeah, that's exactly reminds me of old Eric Williams.
Speaker 4: Not the one we know now, the one that it's one of the final thirty one. What they call it, what they call you semi finalists? Is that the semi finalist yet? Okay, your quarter quarter?
Speaker 3: I think because you go from I talked to him.
Speaker 1: I don't call it that, but Eric's only halfway there. He's one of fifty.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's right, because he's in the he's in the modern he's he's not an old timer.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 4: Tarvey Martin guys.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's what he still dies. He's had frosty tips and all that.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I noticed yesterday that Ed Too Tall Jones is one of the new members of the being inducted into the Texas Sports Hall of Fame, along with the Richmond Webb out of Dallas Roosevelt and Miami Dolphin great late Cedric Benson as well.
Speaker 6: I think Lockwow's going into the Texas Black Sports Hall of Fame all right soon.
Speaker 3: I think that's going to be next year.
Speaker 4: My question is, how could have taken this long for Too Tall to get in the and Richmond web for that matter, but especially Tutah going back to the set for him going into the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. Shouldn't have he already be.
Speaker 3: All this Hall of Fame stuff is crazy.
Speaker 4: Like years ago, Everson, are you in the Texas Sports Hall of Fame?
Speaker 3: I am in Texas Sports and okay, good.
Speaker 6: And if I was gonna say, what's not fair, I'm going in for him. I mean I got got thank god, I had time, you know, to get in.
Speaker 3: But I don't know why they look at things the way they look.
Speaker 1: At the College Football Hall of Fame, right.
Speaker 3: You no, no, no, no? Is he a yeah?
Speaker 1: No black college Football Hall of Fame?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So your picture is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: It is for that, yeah, because that's our home.
Speaker 6: They had to put me in there, because when they put all of us in there. But they have a nice little there's a display one. They just set one to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And Ron Springs is on one of the slide shows.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: One of the things I think on the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. And I know this was going on when maybe when Emmett or a very well known player was going to be inducted. It was obvious he's going in his availability and whether they can make it two waygo on whatever date it was going to be. And so there can be a delay as far as that goes on players.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: But over the course of three decades, I would think that two would.
Speaker 3: Have way down. Yeah, you get older knights.
Speaker 6: I think he's got gout, man, you know, And now it's like, hey man, I might not feel like going I got gout.
Speaker 3: Come on all.
Speaker 4: Right, we have our picks to click and who's gonna win on Sunday night and when we come back on mixshots.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 7: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated. Colster King who comes in clutch this year? You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetie dot Com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you.
Speaker 1: Wincot slides for the first.
Speaker 8: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas with Star Sports Tours. You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today to mixed shots. The Cowboys take on the forty nine Ers in Santa Clara on Sunday, October twenty seventh, so we're hosting another free watch party presented by seventy eleven. Join us at Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium to watch the game with Cowboys Nation, Q Thunderstruck Spags because the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders are performing and rowdy will be there too.
Speaker 1: That sounds like watch.
Speaker 3: The game, Grab a slurpey and cheer loud.
Speaker 6: Get your free tickets at Dallascowboys dot com Slash Watch Party.
Speaker 1: There you go, and not a mixed shot.
Speaker 4: A shot Sunday Night football this week Cowboys and the Niners doesn't get much better than.
Speaker 1: That they were counting on. They probably weren't counting on three and four and three and three.
Speaker 4: That matters it even more important, makes it more important.
Speaker 1: Well, when we had to fill both teams something before the season and they wanted to pick out like the game or the critical game, this is the one I picked because of the situation they're both in right now. Just that, with what the forty nine ers had done to the Cowboys, I figured this was going to be a good litmus test to see just where they're at, and you know, see if they can get over the hump against that team. Well, that team's not that team that we thought, and the Cowboys aren't either, So kind of a strange irony to the importance of this game, not for who had supremacy, but who may survived.
Speaker 3: Yes, there you go. That's a good one, right, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: And knowing what the Cowboys have coming up after this, that this is when it looked like five games in a row, well this is the only one against the team with losing.
Speaker 3: Record, wow, of all teams, of all teams.
Speaker 1: So yeah, pretty pretty important game.
Speaker 4: It is a very important game for both teams. And it's time for us to unless you get something else you want to share before we make our picks and our picks to click and all that good stuff. I know you've given it a lot of thought.
Speaker 6: I have, and I know that you guys have already chosen the person that I was going to use.
Speaker 4: How what makes you say that because.
Speaker 6: I haven't talked about him already. Oh, we both talked about them glowingly.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 1: Bill would have picked it.
Speaker 4: I've got my reason for picking it, But I'll let you go ahead and make that pick, and then I'll tell you why I'm picking him. All right, But I gotta go with a second, a secondary one.
Speaker 3: I was I thought you mean in the secondary Oh okay.
Speaker 4: Well you go, you go with a secondary one.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with my boy number thirteen.
Speaker 6: That's over shown right, That's who I'm gonna Yeah, he's gonna have a whole lot of opportunities to make some plays.
Speaker 4: Gonna get into this game. You think.
Speaker 6: Down Al also gonna be the guy who's gonna be playing downhill on the on the San Francisco forty nine ers. I'm hoping our defensive line comes through and and Mozzie Smith plays the way he's supposed to play. Be more consistent is what I'm looking for for Mosic. But it's gonna really help out over showness and see him filling those holes that he needs to feel. Like I said, going downhill, he's going to get i'd say a fumble recovery. Okay, that's just how strong this guy is.
Speaker 3: Going to be playing. He's going to be lights out.
Speaker 4: About a scooping score.
Speaker 6: You know, I think he would be the guy that probably caused the fumble. Okay, I don't think he'll be the one to return it, but I'm going to give him at least nine tackles in the game. Game forced fumble in a set. Cowboys win twenty to sixteen, twenty to sixteen, twenty to sixteen. All right, I like it. No right, Makey is looking over his notes.
Speaker 1: I had a something that I wanted to point out.
Speaker 3: No, man, it's too late for that.
Speaker 1: Bro. Can I can I double down on my guy? I want to put that microphone up where you picked a click in the Detroit game.
Speaker 4: Who I don't remember who that was, but.
Speaker 1: It was Cavante Turpin. Okay, because he was because he gave the most kickoff returns, because he had so many returns.
Speaker 3: Right, that's a damn say.
Speaker 1: But his his receiving numbers have gone up. He's had two consecutive four catch games. I think he can make a difference, and I think that the forty nine ers will be foolish enough to kick two and so watch out for Cavane.
Speaker 3: The natural gass natural grass.
Speaker 1: And since I can't, I've gone back and forth on this one. And as I told the guys on the on the the fan, I said, can I pick a tie?
Speaker 4: I can't decide.
Speaker 1: So I think I'm gonna go Cowboys twenty three, Niners twenty one.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna change mine, Okay, only because twenty to seven.
Speaker 4: I don't trusty to sixty seventeen seventy seven.
Speaker 3: I don't trust.
Speaker 6: Their kicker to make three to make three, So I'm going twenty.
Speaker 4: That's an extra point or something.
Speaker 3: Well, damn, he's that bad if he's actually I.
Speaker 4: Think he he missed one last week, I think, but.
Speaker 6: That's his first kick, his first extra point, okay in a long time.
Speaker 3: All right, I think he's practicing this week.
Speaker 4: It was a twenty eight eighteen loss to Kansas City, so something was funky about their score.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they probably didn't trust him. Yeah, he missed an extra point. There you go.
Speaker 1: He was ozer for one.
Speaker 3: So maybe twenty six I'm going.
Speaker 6: I'm staying with seventeen. Let's say twenty to seventeen, Yes, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: All right, here's what the game is going to come down to. Okay, there's going to be fifty eight seconds left, okay, and the Cowboys are going to be faced with a third and three the forty nine yard live six yard line, the six yard line. Yeah, Cowboys are going.
Speaker 3: To be how'd you get down?
Speaker 4: Fifty eight seconds left? Forty nine? I think the Cowboys are going to be faced with a third and three at the Niners six yard line. Dak Prescott's going to be flushed out of the pocket to the right, to the right, to the right. Leonard Floyd is going to be in his face and off his back foot, He's going to throw a pass to the right corner of the end zone and soaring above the cornerback is going to be number eighty seven Jake Ferguson for the touchdown that wins the game twenty eight to twenty.
Speaker 3: Who's gonna scrow it?
Speaker 4: They don't have a twenty four on their team, so twenty four on their running back, right, So I guess it's gonna be okay, So it's twenty eight twenty seven. Wow. It will be forever known as the Cowboys catch Jake Ferguson, number eighty seven.
Speaker 6: The Cowboys catch you like it? That's not bad, So it does not bet he put he put a little button, a little bow wanted and everything.
Speaker 3: I like this.
Speaker 4: Everson Wall on the Cowboys charter will come back? What time you arrivee back? Probably four thirty and Everson Walls will be at the airport to greet Jake Berson as he comes.
Speaker 9: Off the planet to take a picture together.
Speaker 4: That's right right last.
Speaker 3: You like that? I like it.
Speaker 1: You only get that stuff on mix shot.
Speaker 3: No, you want to get that stuff, am billy.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for that, that moment on the arm.
Speaker 3: That would be hilarious.
Speaker 4: If we get down there, will you will you go to the to the arrival and greet Come on, you gotta do.
Speaker 6: It's gotta be a more important but but if it does regular you need to be there with a camera.
Speaker 4: We'll have a camera there. Well, I will wake up.
Speaker 1: I will be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, I know you.
Speaker 4: I'll be there even if it's with my iPhone week at you greeting week.
Speaker 6: If we get back there in January, okay, then we're good. If it's a January game, even if it's a regular season, I would be that.
Speaker 4: I'm not full of confidence this is gonna happen in January.
Speaker 1: And that's because you don't think both teams are going.
Speaker 4: To have Yeah, because the Niners are going to be what and five after this?
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so call it that.
Speaker 4: You saw those Rams played last night, So.
Speaker 3: I got that. They gave me hope. Gave me hope. All right.
Speaker 4: I think that about does it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got you did it?
Speaker 1: You good sports, good sports.
Speaker 4: Night in there. The uh one other thing. I love the tight ends in this game. And I love the fullbacks in this game. Kyle us.
Speaker 3: You know what I should have used how to.
Speaker 4: That's who I was going with. If you were taking Ferguson, I was going with Lipkey. And but it's it's a throwback. It's a throwback to it's gonna be the Johnson Moose Johnston versus Tom Rathman back in the nineties when these both these teams. I want to do.
Speaker 1: I need to get some rain. So it's a muddy field.
Speaker 6: Oh I think the field it's already it's I guess it's an okay field, but it's grass. Yeah, it's grass. But I think they wanted out a little bit, which is good.
Speaker 1: But at least it's not below see.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean say it was mushy. I just said one out mushy. Yeah, it was mushy back then.
Speaker 1: It's polite actually there.
Speaker 4: I mean I was thinking there's similar stories on both sides, even when you compare Dak and Rock Purty when you look at what they did at their in college. I mean Dak was the best quarterback that Mississippi State had. Rock Party at Iowa State, I mean he had a great college career at Iowa field ground. What Iowa State's doing now, a lot of that has to do with what Party was doing for four years.
Speaker 1: There variants running back.
Speaker 4: You got the running backs. You got Jordan Mason, who is undrafted guy out of Georgia Tech. And you got ric o'dowdell was undrafted out of South Carolina, and maybe.
Speaker 1: Bigger backs, and maybe some guy named Cook.
Speaker 4: You got two left tackles from Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: I'm home and Cook plays, man, I really do.
Speaker 4: You got to two left tackles from Oklahoma, Trent Williams and Tyler Goydon to future Hall.
Speaker 3: So what's up a guid man? Is he gonna play?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He's back there. They're back where they all belong.
Speaker 4: So when's Dalvin Cook gonna get on the field.
Speaker 1: Got a feeling I don't know about get on the field, but I got a feeling active mm hm, which is.
Speaker 4: Step if he's got he could be active and not get on the field.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 6: You know when you look at what they're doing with him, is he getting any runs in practice?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well we don't get to see all that because I'm you know, I don't know. I'm hoping he is, because you just don't want.
Speaker 4: And what do you do with the game day roster if.
Speaker 1: Well, one running back has to be in active then.
Speaker 4: Right, Well Vaughn has been inactive here lately, even without Dalvin Cook coming up. So can you have Dalvin Cook and Zeke Elliott? Who are you doing anything on special teams?
Speaker 3: Three of them?
Speaker 6: Well, we'll have to be considered hate special teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, you probably can find another linebacker to be active.
Speaker 4: Well, the other thing, they got a roster spot with John Stevens, he'll be going on I R right, and so someone's going to be taking that roster spot when comes out tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It could just be empty and.
Speaker 4: They could, but I mean there is a there is a spot where they can ye put some somebody.
Speaker 1: But I mean I don't know if you're going to elevate somebody from the practice squad.
Speaker 4: But you have you have Deurn Bland, who is on I R right, who could take the John Stevens rosters right when he's whenever he's ready, but that may be a week away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they did not put Parsons on I are right, So he's expected to come back then, so well maybe next week, but he's on the roster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've ruled him out. Oh, when the injury report comes out today, he's going to be listed as doubt doubtful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would think so they won't.
Speaker 4: Rule him as out because Macarthy said, Saturday is a big day.
Speaker 1: But think about it, you've been out three three weeks, four weeks month. This is a fourth at the end. He hadn't practice in pads, head and practice. But maybe once if it's Saturday and it's not a full blown competitive practice.
Speaker 3: Is IR four games or four weeks?
Speaker 1: Four games? But he's not on IR.
Speaker 6: I know, maybe he should have been. Well, I mean you're talking already four weeks.
Speaker 1: It's just one less guy you got to have in active Gus on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're gonna go Oh, man, all right fifty one, yep it is. We're way past time, so we will be at the airport to greet the Cowboys when when Everson Walls greets Jake Ferguson, and we'll be here to talk about it at noon on Monday. Here one go, Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I tell you this has been.
Speaker 2: A production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football clubs
Speaker 4: Assass