Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostick, and Scarlet Foo.
Speaker 3: The S and P five hundred post names in the index hired today three hundred and thirteen to the upside and Katie one hundred and eighty eight to the downside, two unchanged.
Speaker 4: Let's take a look at the sectors as measured by my friend the circle, and you can.
Speaker 5: See that again a risk on day.
Speaker 4: Look at Information technology that is bright green, that was one of your big gainers, say up about two point seven percent as a sector. Communication services also hire by about two and a half percent. Consumer discretionary industrials. The list goes on in terms of what didn't exactly perform today. On the downside, you have consumer staples, real estate and utilities. But again that too fixed into this risk on behavior that we see.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm going to go to the individual gainers.
Speaker 3: Let's start with Palenteer shares closing almost nine percent higher, its best day since April ninth. So that's stock a top gainer in the S and P five hundred, also the Nasdaq one hundred. Keep in mind they were down about eleven percent last week, but jumping in today's session. I will point out Michael Burie and his Scion Asset Management remember just revealing about one week ago in a filing at thirteen a half filing that at the end of September it owned a bearish put options on five million Palenteer shares with the value of about nine hundred twelve million.
Speaker 5: But there's been this back and forth evaluation on this one.
Speaker 3: Many say way way overvalued, and we certainly saw investors rethink it last week, but nonetheless investors coming back in a big way. Semiconductors I mentioned definitely some outperformance in the overall sector today. I got to mention Micron Technology. This was one of the outperformers, up about six and a half percent in today's session and a top gainer in both the S and P and Nasdaq one hundred.
Speaker 5: Micron two was up about six percent last week, even.
Speaker 3: Though the socks was overall down about four percent last week, but again investors continuing to move into it.
Speaker 5: You also had TSMC.
Speaker 3: Got to mention that one the ADRs that trade here up about three percent. That just bye posting its slowest growth in eighteen months amid the AI bubble debate.
Speaker 5: So that's been going on.
Speaker 3: And then I'm just going to mention L Beauty really quickly up more than eight percent after announcing today the brand's official launch at Alta Beauty in Mexico. And just because I don't want Romaine to get on me, I got to mention C three AI. That stock just a quick bump up as much as twelve percent intra day on the news from Reuters that they're exploring a potential sale or some other options, but the stock finishing with about a three point six percent gain at the close.
Speaker 5: So I'm done all years anything Romain. No, not yet, Tim, Let's look that can't wait.
Speaker 6: I want to go with Decliner's. Shares of US healthcare, insurance and hospitals fell, including Senten, down eight point eight percent today. This as lawmakers come closer to ending a government down without securing any extension of the affordable characters. This is actually the worst performer on a percentage basis in the S and P five hundred now. As part of the Senate deal to end the shutdown, Democrats were able to obtain a pledge for a separate vote on healthcare tax credits in the coming weeks. Oscar Health, did they fail for that? We asked this question actually to get a trays a little earlier. Yeah, and she's whether or not that vote would happen or if Republicans would you know, come to the table in good faith? And she said she's been that's the question she's been getting most from clients this afternoon.
Speaker 5: What does cal she say?
Speaker 6: What are the prediction mark? I haven't pulled it up, yeah either right now, but I know what it says. What does it say?
Speaker 1: Probably zero?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: Oscar Health an honorable mention, fell seventeen and a half percent in other health insurer today. Shares of American Airlines also falling today, down two and a half percent. The company said weekend operations were challenging amid the government shutdown.
Speaker 1: Challenging.
Speaker 6: I think challenging. Many people who were try to fly, regardless of the airline would agree that they were challenging.
Speaker 5: Fourteen. How bad it was?
Speaker 6: We're canceledlmost flew frontier?
Speaker 5: Oh almost almost? Oh wow? Wow? Did you almost?
Speaker 6: Did you almost fire up the jet Romaine? I believe me, Trust me.
Speaker 1: I was calling every friend.
Speaker 6: I had, anyone flying north.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 6: You could have done the show from the I was goin to like, you know.
Speaker 1: Stand outside, you know, Balm Beach Airport and just hitchhike.
Speaker 6: I mean there to be fair. Plenty of planes are going that way. I always think about that. You could have looked at an empty leg or something. Anyway, another few numbers here to just think about. American Airlines government shutdown canceling fourteen hundred flights. The company saw over fifty seven thousand delay minutes, according an email statement by David Seymour, the company's COO. They also said that two undred and fifty thousand customers were affected. Separately, Bloomberg's second measure out with some data that drew from a sample of credit and debit card purchases made by US customers, and it's said that transactions observed by Second Measures showed the biggest decline among airlines companies for the month ending October. That was America Airlines down six and a half percent from a year earlier, and finally met Sarah Schers, falling by close to fifteen percent today. This after Novo Nordis declined to further raise its offer for the company they make experimental weight loss drug. That bidding more between Pfeiser and Novo Nordists coming to an end, Pfeiser getting victorious. We spoke to Bob Langreth about this. He's got a great piece on the Bloomberg terminal about how this deal came together with a little help from the US Federal Trade Commission.
Speaker 1: We should point out yields actually slightly higher on the day despite what the market seems to think, which is that we are going to get some more rate cuts given the state of the economy and the potential of that government shut down to end. Meanwhile, we are keeping an eye on earnings. We're waiting to hear from core Weave, and we're starting to get a trickle of news right now on Paramount sky Dance. I don't actually have the numbers for you just yet, but reading through the shareholder letter that they've put out, they're talking a lot about the cost cutting and efficiencies that they've seen. The company says that it sees about three billion dollars plus in total efficiencies now. And what they're saying is the first one hundred days since they basically closed out on that deal. The company also talks about investing in the business. And get this, they're also talking about implementing price increases in the United States early in the first quarter of twenty twenty six. So, of course David Ellison, who is just now sort of taking control over this company, putting a stamp on it, looking to raise potential prices there on its customers and scale back costs to a certain degree. Three billion dollars in efficiencies. That's up from the two billion dollars that the company had previously telegraphed. And now learning that the company plans to reduce its workforce by an additional sixteen hundred employees.
Speaker 4: Let's put a pin in paramount right now and quickly talk about the real, real reporting earnings. Here you can see shares are actually soaring after hours. They boosted their full year revenue forecast. They also beat estimates. When it comes to the look behind, let's start there. The third quarter adjusted loss for Sure coming in at four cents. The estimated loss for Sure had been for five point six cents, so a little bit narrower then expected. Did you think about the look ahead to hear the real reel season fourth quarter revenue one hundred and eighty eight million dollars to one hundred and ninety one million dollars. The estimate had been for one hundred and seventy nine point five million dollars, so that range ahead of the estimate. You can see the real reel again. Shares now up about ten percent after hours.
Speaker 2: This stock moover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.