Speaker 1: To on the move, going deep speedways Peace do hell Peas from the Baptist Health Studio.
Speaker 2: This inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 3: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield. He's got my add hands in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: What is up Dolphins and welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, a short and sweet holiday episode of the Draft Time Podcast. Is my guest today, Wes Hodgwitch Frompackers dot Com, who might be my favorite team employee, my favorite person in the NFL in general, joins us today to talk about this very fun matchup on Thanksgiving night Dolphins and Packers. He will give us the perspective from Green Bay. I'll also make the week thirteen picks and that will be it, and they'll have the preview show tomorrow for you guys. But for now, for the meantime, from the bat this Hell Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is the Draft Time Podcast. Joining me today is a senior writer for Packers dot Com. You can follow him at wes hot He's Wes Hodwitz.
Speaker 3: Wes. Welcome back, man.
Speaker 4: I feel like usually these NFC games don't happen for like several years apart. But we just had you guys a couple of years ago, and here you are again, my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd love that I'm sharing all of our holidays with you here, Travis. We got to do Christmas in Miami two years ago, and now here we are Thanksgiving in Green Bay. Uh, maybe you can get back together for Easter or something.
Speaker 3: Little draft party.
Speaker 4: I mean, is it is in Green Bay this year or is that could make something happen for that Maybe we'll come your way and do some content up in the Great White North.
Speaker 3: That's not the Great White North, that's the what am I talking about? Close enough?
Speaker 4: I was just telling Wes we had the short weak gives us like a day to get three days worth of work done.
Speaker 3: So we are cruising right along on this podcast.
Speaker 2: West.
Speaker 4: Let's go ahead and talk about this matchup that it's kind of gonna say if the Thanksgiving Day slate. In my opinion, I think that the Lion should be able to take care of business aginst the Bears and then the Cowboys and Giants are going in the wrong direction right now, and Packers and Dolphins. Man, this looks like a fun matchup. I mean, this is for us. I mean, I'm sure you know this, like this is like the narrative killing game for the Dolphins. How are the Packers viewing this one as your sandwich between the Niners on Sunday. I'll be at a banged up Niners and a huge game next thursdaygainst the Lions as well. Well.
Speaker 2: This is a huge one for Green Bay.
Speaker 1: And I think if you know anything about Matt Laflour in his history with Mike McDaniel, I mean, he has so much respect for him, the program that he's put together in Miami, and really just the various threats that they have throughout both the offense and defense. Certainly Joe Barry, the Packer excuse me, the Dolphins linebackers coach now was the defensive coordinator here the last three years.
Speaker 2: Matt and him are credibly close. That was a difficult decision.
Speaker 1: You know, moving on and going in a different direction there, but so much respect for him inside this building.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you said it.
Speaker 1: I think this is going to be the primetime matchup everybody wanted to see on Thanksgiving. I have some mixed feelings about non conference games and holiday slates.
Speaker 2: I typically like.
Speaker 1: More of the rivalries and the you know, the Bears, the Lions, and obviously all the things that the Dolphins have going for them as well. But you know, all things considered, just an overall athleticism standpoint, quality of teams standpoint, I still view the Miami Dolphins is one of the best teams in the NFL. When two is on the field, I think it should be really exciting.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to it for that reason.
Speaker 4: And the Dolphins offense has really found this different approach to scoring points. I mean, the results are the same as they were last year when the Dolphins were going up and down the field with some more explosives, and this year they've kind of earned that through their shorter passing game, an intermediate passing game, and while the run game hasn't been in the last couple of weeks, it has been a big focal point of the entire offense. But I guess where I want to go now, Wes is every time McDaniel takes to the podium before a game, I'm like, how can I ask him about the opposing team? And I'm like, well, he had familiarity with this coach, And I'm like, that's every week in this league for coach McDaniel and for coach Lafleur as well. I'm curious if you asked coach Lafleur that, And how do you think the fact that these guys have you know, similar offensive backgrounds, the fact that you mentioned Joe Barry was the defensive coording to their last year linebackers coach here for the Dolphins, you know, there's so much familiarity there. How do you think that makes the matchup different, better, worse for a Thursday game.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it definitely adds to almost more of the common opponent. You know, we always hear about Thursday night football games. That's what makes it so difficult when you face these teams that aren't from your division. Is trying to scheme them up, trying to plan for them, and there's so many parallels offensively, especially between these two programs. One of the reasons why you know, Packers, one of the reserve running backs, Chris Brooks, was with the Miami Dolphins, as you know, for you know, one and a half years, and they felt like one of the reasons why he got so up to speed as fast as he did in this offense is because of that background. So they do things differently. Everybody always says that, you know, things are called a little bit differently. But I think overall the bases and the foundation there, whether it stems from the Shanahan tree or if it's just their own personal preferences with what they've brought to the table, I think there definitely is more familiarity there. The Christmas game, you know, two years ago now almost I thought that was a fantastic entertaining game all around, and I feel like this one especially, it's gonna be a little colder, but you know, all around it, I think it has the real makings for a very friendly matchup.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, It's you mentioned earlier. The you know, the move at DC and going to Jeff Hafley was one of the more interesting things that really happened across the NFL landscape and the college football landscape.
Speaker 3: And as a Washington.
Speaker 4: State grad, I am happy to see people leave the college game and come to our great league where the football is much better, and leave that stuff behind, because I too, am very bitter about the current landscape of college football. But we'll leave my personal fillings aside. But I feel like Jeff Hafley felt the same way with regards to, you know, being a head coach at Boston College, a major program, and he's like, I don't want anything to do with this, you know, nil business. Maybe that's not what he thought, but that's that's the sense that I get to jump to the league and then take over a defense and really put his flavor on it.
Speaker 3: Can you talk about that?
Speaker 4: But also just his impact on this Packers defense this year well.
Speaker 1: And that I think when we go back to his introductory press conference and everything him talking earlier in the spring, that's really was a big part of it, is that he wanted in some ways to just get back to coaching again. You know, he felt like there was so much time that was tied into the NIL thing and making sure you recruit your own guys and keep your own program together. That this allowed him to be able to sort of find his passion for football again. And you know, and Joe Barry did some tremendous stuff here and me personally, I'd give a kidney for Joe. I mean, he is one of the most salt of the earth, tremendous human beings that I've ever come across in this sport. But the Packers wanted to make a change, not only just at the defensive coordinator but scheme. I mean, when Jeff Haffley came in here, he brought in a four to three scheme, a little bit more of a vision based attacking front, and I think it's really given Green Bay.
Speaker 2: What they wanted so far. I mean, their twenty.
Speaker 1: Two takeaways this year is already well past what they had last season. I think there's, you know, bringing in a guy like Xavier McKinney has felt so well into the roles that that you know, Halfley had it envisioned for him and what the Packers thought they were getting when they signed him as a twenty four year old unrestricted free agent out.
Speaker 2: Of New York.
Speaker 1: They're just it is more complementary, I feel like in terms of just the all around scheme of what they want to do and where they want to go. It's allowed the inside linebackers to use some of their athleticism, getting involved in the blitz packages, the pressure packages, and despite not having you know, Jay r Alexander for various points at this season, they've still managed to sort of stem the tide and keep this thing going and are just on the fringe of a top ten defense. So I think Halfley's philosophy and just the way he coaches and sort of the energy he brings is really resonated with this locker room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you hit a lot of the points that I wanted to ask you about individually with this defense. Because number one, Xavier McKinney, I'll ever forget. My first assignment with the Dolphins was right before COVID happened. So my first year I was hired like two weeks before COVID shut the entire world down for you know, for six months was the Combine, And I had a chance to ask Xavier McKinney about practicing against two a tongue of II looan. He was like, he is a master at looking guys off and holding defenses with his eyes. But I kind of feel like McKinney's the same way on the defensive side with how he can bait guys. And you touch on the turnovers they've they've gotten that year this year, and I saw on SVP he showed the stat that the Packers have had fourteen points or more off of turnovers in four plus or four games this year, and that's the most in the NFL. So That's gonna be one of my big key when I do my preview episode tomorrow is taking a look at how the Dolphins can protect the football and hopefully, you know, get the win that way. But with regards to how they get the takeaways, what exactly are they doing to to create those situations? Because I saw on Twitter someone was talking about how they've kind of simplified I think it was Ben fel Fanelle, who does great work for NFL films and I think he works in CBS as well, but he was talking about some more simplified coverages that give the Packers a little bit more defined rules with how they can you know, bait and jump those players. You're seeing that from the defense and how have they kind of gotten that these massive takeaway numbers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think like any big marquee free agent doesn't matter if it's offense or defense. When you bring those guys in, you're kind of looking to build around them and kind of tailoring your scheme to them. And I feel like the Packers took everything that Xavier McKinney does really well and have just sort of amplified it and given him opportunities to sort of roam a little bit. He's mostly been back for most of the year. He's been playing the center field spot. They like to go single high if they can, you know, being able to move around their rookies. Both Javon Bullard and Evan Williams have played that spot alongside McKinney. And I just feel like so many times you've been hearing guys talk this season about just being able to play more free and just understanding what their roles are and not having to think about all the contingency plans to it. I feel like the less thinking that has been involved this year, it's been better for Green Bay, both upfront with their defensive pass rush, but then also on that back end as well. So, yeah, McKinney is such a heady player, man. And like you were saying with Tua, I mean, when you can you know, this game requires so much from an athlete, but when you can go above and beyond that in the intellectual level, I feel like that's where a lot of times you gain and edge. And I can't speak to Tua's habits, but one thing that I know definitely was instilled in Xavier, and maybe it's just part of his makeup. Maybe it's coming from Alabama, but he is an absolute film junkie. He looks for every potential advantage he can see on the film and on the tape, and he uses that. And I think there's been numerous times this season where he's talked about his interceptions being products of that. So last year, not enough takeaways, too many, and that wasn't just a scheme. I mean, there's too many times where guys drop passes, you know, knock on wood from Green Bay standpoint, But that hasn't really happened at all with McKinney, and in a few cases the defense as a whole. So I just think guys have been opportunistic, and as you said, they've been able to punch those into the end zone or at least get points off of him. Last week, three second half takeaways they got twenty one points and that's what really allowed them to roll in what looked like a very dominant win over the San Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Really put that thing out of reach.
Speaker 4: That film prep comment you made is exactly why that matchup with he and Tua is going to be so so good because Tua, I mean, I feel like it's almost a bad word to hit us about a corp. But he knows where the ball's going before the snap most of the time. But it's not because he's pre determining that, reez, because he knows what's going to happen to the defensive rotation. And McKinney's gonna do his best to make sure he can, you know, kind of spoil the punch bowl, as it were. Let's take a really quick break right here, come back on the other side and talk about this Packers offense. I love their quarterback and I want to ask Wes about him more. Next Draft Time Podcast, my guest is a Wes Hodgwitz. Draft Time podcast brought to you by Auto Nation. Back here with my guest today, Wes Hodwitz on the Draft Time Podcast talking about Dolphins and Packers on Thursday night, Thanksgiving Night.
Speaker 3: Huge game for the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: I think the Packers have a little bit more leeway for margin for air. But if Dolphins get this one, the run is officially on. So we're looking forward to a great matchup with two good quarterbacks, two good coaches, two fun schemes.
Speaker 3: Everything you want on a cold night in Green Bay.
Speaker 4: And let's go ahead and talk about that quarterback on the Packers' side West because this is a guy that I was in love with at Utah State, and I love the way the Packers managed his career and developed him on the bench and then brought him into the lineup and he just breaks out in a big way in his first full year starting. What's been because I've seen like kind of to talk about some turnovers and maybe some regression at times this year, but they're still like winning games and he's posting big stats. How has the second year evolution been for Jordan Love in his second year starting, I should.
Speaker 2: Say yeah, when he's healthy, it's been really good.
Speaker 1: I think one thing that hurt him is he ended up, you know, sustaining the knee injury at the end of the game in Brazil against Philly that cost him two starts, and then he comes back and he has the groin injury. He's finally off the injury report, and I think there's no it's not a coincidence that last week was where he finally snapped that turnover streak in the win over the forty nine ers. So he has every tool you can look for. And I think you've talked about a time and time again. I mean that twenty twenty draft class of quarterbacks and potentially where that group could go over the next five to ten years. I mean, you might be looking at that collection of guys being the ones that sort of usher in the next era of NFL football. And you know, for Jordan, there's no right or wrong way to develop a quarterback. Miami went through it itself, but I think that process has worked here in Green Bay. I feel like watching Jordan being able to, you know, have that time with Aaron Rodgers and figure out the things that Aaron did well that he wanted to incorporate into his game. I think one thing you'll notice, or at least they're going to try for in this game is you know, trying to catch the defense with too many men on the field, trying to you know, gain those type of free plays. That's one thing that Jordan has sort of amplified this year and taken to the next level. But just from a pure makeup standpoint, this guy at you know, six foot four, he stands tall in the pocket, he does not wilt under pressure, can make every throw on the field. The Packers made him one of the highest paid quarterbacks in the National Football League for that very reason is that they felt like that first year and what he showed, especially during that second half of last season, really you know, bode well for what his long term potential is going to be. Definitely still has some stuff to clean up as a twenty six year old quarterback. Definitely has to curtail the turnovers, but you know he's gonna take some chances with the ball. The thing that they need to eliminate was some of these pick sixes that happened this year, which were trying to make something happen at the very last minute and it ends up, you know, resulting in a big play in the opposite direction.
Speaker 2: Have to get that under control.
Speaker 1: But buying large Jordan love and just seeing the way he's grown as a leader with this locker room, you really can't say enough about it.
Speaker 4: I feel like the same way about the McKinney and TUA matchup, where Anthony Weaver has been awesome this year for us, and I cannot wait to watch the way he tries to, you know, confuse Jordan and create some of those mistakes that he's had and Jordan doing what he can to create off script to make the plays that he does every single week as well.
Speaker 3: This is a game full of fun matchups.
Speaker 4: Real quick, I have one last question, but real quick, can you just kind of give me the ranking and the hierarchy the Packers eligibles because they you guys have like seven guys that are great players and I'm having a hard time figuring.
Speaker 3: Out who is the like the pecking order there.
Speaker 1: Well, first off, I mean, Josh Shacobs has been a godsend for these guys and being able to control the run game. Last week became the first one hundred yard rusher agains the San Francisco forty nine ers I think in fifty four regular season matchups, if you conclude the postseason, I think it was Aaron Jones actually had the other one when he was still here in Green Bay. So Jacob's grabbing that baton and taking it forward I think has really been huge for them. But as far as receivers go, I mean, it can be any guy at any given week. I think Jayden Reid's probably the one you'll see more of the offense running through.
Speaker 2: They motion him, they orbit him, He'll carry the ball every once in a while.
Speaker 1: He's sort of become that Deebo Samuel type playmaker, all around Swiss Army Knight for this offense. Christian Watson unfortunately had a big drop at the end of the first half against San Francisco, could have been a forty nine yard touchdown, but a week earlier had a career Highe hundred and fifty receiving yards, six foot four, can run in the four threes, fast as lightning. I mean, that guy when he's available, he brings it. Unfortunately for Green Bay, Romeo Dobbs did sustain a concussion in that law in the win over San Francisco, so losing him potentially not having him on the field. That's one of the main guys that Jordan Love often looks for, especially in the moving the sticks kind of first down moments. So a lot of different options, a lot of different players, and obviously a tight end Tucker Craft is broken out this year as well as a team high six touchdowns. So that's the beauty of the offense. That's what Matt Lafleur, that's how he likes to run. It can go a number of different ways, and for Jordan Love that gives him so many different outlets to be able to unleash.
Speaker 3: The football West.
Speaker 4: I apologize if you see me just smiling on the call over here, because the Packers are kind of like my NFC team.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I love the way they're a bill, I love the quarterback, I love the skill spots, I love the system.
Speaker 3: I just it's such a fun team and it makes for such a fun game.
Speaker 4: And you and I get so giddy about these types of big these fun matchups when involves our teams.
Speaker 3: Real quick, we have like two minutes for West has a heart out here.
Speaker 4: I want to ask you about this tweet because I do the exact same thing on Sundays, and it's always the best. After a win, you get a snapshot of the stadium. I promote the hell out of my content while I do it. You had a better version of it. I thought you said this is my favorite version of lambeau Field. Whenever my ride ends, I'll carry these ones with me. The most hope you made to memories today. Tell it kind of set the stage for us. With the atmosphere on Thursday night at lambeau Field.
Speaker 2: It's second to none.
Speaker 1: As much as I enjoy the Miami weather, it's there's something special about November.
Speaker 2: Get the it will probably be in the twenties.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's any snow on the forecast, but it is the way football is meant to be played, especially when you factor in one hundred plus years of history here in lambeau Field and Green Bay, Wisconsin, one of the absolute mechas of the league. So yeah, I always enjoy those moments, very quiet, very solitude, you know how this business works.
Speaker 2: Were usually the.
Speaker 1: Last ones to leave, at least on the media side of things, so being able to just enjoy that a little bit. I think any Dolphin fans that end up making it up here too, one of the most friendly environments you're gonna find in the Nation Football League. They love their football team, but they're also incredibly welcoming too, and I think that's why any football fan, regardless if you like the Packers are not. Definitely at some point you need to make that trip to Lambefield because it doesn't get any.
Speaker 4: Better bucket list item. For me, for sure, I hope to make it one day. Not gonna happen this year around, but maybe down the road we'll find our way up there. Senior Byronpackers dot Com at Wes Hodge wet or Wes hodg Sorry, Wes Hodgwitz, appreciate your time today, man, get out of here, go take care of your busy, busy, short week, my friend.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Travis, same to you.
Speaker 1: I wish we could have chat a little bit longer, but you know how this goes, trying to get these schedules to the line one after another.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: You're awfully kind of make it work, man. I know you got a lot to do today. Thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: Thanks buddy.
Speaker 4: Wes is the kind of guy that when the Dolphins win a game, I don't care about anybody else's feelings for any of the team that they root for. But when we beat the Packers on Thursday night, I will probably think for one second Wes is bummed out. That makes me sad, But it only lasts like one second. He's just that good of a dude, So appreciate his time. In a very short week and a very crowded week for content here for Dolphins and Packers workers. I like, let's go ahead and take our last break rate there, come back and finish up with the week thirteen picks Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. Week number thirteen in the National Football League is upon us. I just realized that I'm going to do these picks. I'm going to spoil the pick for the Dolphins and Packers. Now let's go ahead and save it. I will save the Dolphins and Packers pick for the preview show, but I do want to get into the rest of the NFL as things are starting to heat up. And next week on the show, I'm going to go ahead and peel the curtain back and take a look at the other AFC competitors for the wild card position that we are playing for. And of course, if Miami beats Green Bay, I'm gonna go on record right now and guarantee Joe Namath's style ahead of the Jets game that the Dolphins will be playing a eighteenth game this year if they beat Green Bay. I am a firm believer that ten wins gets you in no matter. I just think the rest of the AFC. Do you guys know how I feel about Denver. Denver has Cleveland and Indy, and I think there's one more like not good team in there for them before they end with Casey, the Chargers and the Bengals, which I think are all gonna be three losses.
Speaker 3: I just don't buy it.
Speaker 4: They very much remind me of like some of the Tannehill Dolphins teams that were like, they can beat really bad teams that can compete with middle of the road teams. They might even show up once or twice against a big time team like the Chiefs, although the Chiefs play everybody close, including the Carolina Panthers. But do you think the Broncos can beat what you saw on Monday Night Football with Lamar Jackson?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Can they beat a Chargers team that hides their quarterback every chance they get.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: And speaking of that the Chargers, I guess I'm gonna do the podcast right now before next week. I do want to take a look at all those teams on a longer episode next week.
Speaker 3: But the Chargers without JK. Dobbins.
Speaker 4: Keep an eye on that because this is a team that pretty much wins the games by playing defense, run in the football, and then their quarterback misses big time throws in the second half of the game, and when he makes the throws, their receivers drop it. Weird had a chance in leak neighbors. I just don't like the Chargers, can you tell. I mean, I'm pretty pretty feisty. I'm kind of a little menace about those guys. But I think between them, I think the Steelers have a brutal schedule down the stretch. I think one of those two teams will falter. And I also believe the Broncos will falter below ten wins or if they get ten wins, Miami, provided they lose their only one game to an NFCFO would have the tiebreaker on the Broncos as well. So I think that ten and seven is a lock guarantee to get them in. I think there's lots of pretenders in this league.
Speaker 3: Even to this point.
Speaker 4: They're still winning plenty of games like the Broncos, and that was reflected in my picks this week. Even though I had one of my worst weeks of the year, I was eight and five this week. That us to one twenty nine and fifty three heading into Week thirteen, and again we're gonna reserve the Packers and Dolphins pick for the show tomorrow. Let's go ahead and cue the music and pick the rest of the games as we look to get back over seventy three percent in the win column. Right here, so I'm taking the I'm taking taking chalk. On Thursday, I'll take the Lions over the Bears. I think the Lions watch the I'll say this, then we'll see what happens, because I think I'm pretty sure I mentioned this about the Rams at some point, maybe the Cardinals at some point. It feels like or the Ravens. I picked the Ravens to go to the Super Bowl after their two and two start, and even though I changed that from the Chiefs originally, I feel like the Lions could run the table. They are such a consistently good football team that is built to win in so many ways that I think they might be somewhat impervious to like collapse and let down. And they've had a couple of games they didn't play it to their best and they could have been picked off in some of those spots, but they find a way to win. They've been dominant over bad teams, which I think the Bears are that as well. I think they'll confuse that young quarterback. I think Brian Branch will probably pick them off and take it back for six at one point in that game. I'll take the Lions over the Bears on Thanksgiving, Give me the Cowboys over the Giants in your post Turkey dinner celebration nap game. My goodness, what do we do and flex this thing out? I know we can't do that, but Cooper Rush versus Tommy Cutlets, I cannot think of anything I'd rarely watch less. Give me Blaze and the Monster Machines for three straight hours over that football game. I mean, it'll make Cam happy. Every time I get home, Cam goes a byce. It's the cues freaking thing in the whole world. No, Cam, we're watching Monday night football. Boy, he watches plenty of Blaze. Trust me, he's very loved. Not gonna pick the Thursday night game. I will take the Chiefs over the Raiders on Black Friday. If the Chiefs played that Raiders team with Desmond Rider close, it might be time to go ahead and throw some dirt on the coffin of the twenty twenty four Chiefs because you can't.
Speaker 3: You gotta beat that team.
Speaker 4: They are so bad, even like and then going from Minshew to Ritter, like, you gotta bury that team. The Falcons with the Chargers is probably my toughest pick of the week, But I just talked about how I think JK. Dobbins is a huge loss for that team, and I think the Falcons coming off of bye, I think that they're The Chargers pass rush has been kind of middling this year, with you know, Bosa and Matt going in and out of the lineup and not being their usual effective selves. I think that I think the Dolphins, or rather the Falcons, can score some points and off a short week on the road in a pretty good road environment there in Atlanta. I like the Chargers getting picked off, and if they do, that could be the beginning of their collapse. That the Dolphins need to have happened to take their place in the playoffs, Which wouldn't that be so freaking beautiful? By the way, to a tongue of by Lowa and Justin Herbert have the same number of touchdown passes this year. One guys played eleven games, one guy's played seven. Just saying Falcons over Chargers, I'll take the Bengals over the Steelers. I actually have the Bengals winning out. Can you guys believe that? Am I crazy? Am I just ignoring how bad their defense is. Joe Burrow has twenty seven touchdown pass eleven games, They're gonna beat some teams. I don't think the Steelers have the offense, even though they want to play like you know, Dave Wantstead football, which you find the theme and the teams.
Speaker 3: I don't like.
Speaker 4: If you play Wantstead football, I don't think you're any good. Let's just put it that way. And the Steelers, I think that magic carpet right comes to an end. They lost to the Browns in a devastating fashion on Thursday Night football. I think they get you know, two more against the Bengals here. I think the Bengals can pick them off twice. I have the Steelers finishing nine to eight and out of the playoffs, and it starts here with Joe Burr going up and down the field in those guys, and we'll just doing enough because I don't think that the Steelers' offense is good enough to take advantage of a bad Bengals defense. Cardinals over the Vikings, that's a tricky one there after that tough performance in Seattle. But I always like an athletic quarterback against a Brian Flores defense. I'm taking the Patriots over the Colts in an upset. I know that we just watched the Patriots play a really bad football game.
Speaker 3: But you pretty much have to.
Speaker 4: Guess whether or not you're gonna get Anthony Richardson splash plays or the complete negative all game long. He was a little bit of both on Sunday against the Lions. I think that he the Patriots can do enough, and then Drake may can do enough against a bad defense in a bad front with a good running game with a bad run defense, I should say to get that upset win.
Speaker 3: Seahawks over the Jets.
Speaker 4: I wonder if one more loss turns it in terms of Rogers to Tyrod Taylor ahead of our game next week. Either way, I'm not worried about them. I'll take the Seahawks in that one. Washington over Tennessee. Although the Cliff Kingsbury cliff has arrived and that offense has become a shell of itself, I think the Titans are not the one to do the job there.
Speaker 3: Houston over Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: That's an obvious one, even though Houston's playing some really bad football. I think Jacksonville does get Lawrence back, but they're just so such a bad football team.
Speaker 3: I'll take the Rams over the Saints.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna keep pounding this rams drum until I guess the wheels fall off.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just believe in them, even if they are not playing the best football right now. The Bucks over the Panthers, there's a no doy. Ravens over Eagles is my pick there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: The Ravens defense is struggling this year, but I just have so much faith in Lamar and Derreck Henry and the Eagles are a really good football team. They're the second by far, the second best team in the NFC. But I think the Ravens are ripe to pick them off right here. Buffalo over a you know, shambles Niners team. We'll see if Brock Party plays in that game, maybe maybe they can stack up a couple more losses and shut Party down for the rest of the year. Be kind of nice to see that for our Week sixteen game. And then Cleveland over Denver's my Monday night football pick. I'm kind of picking like what the Dolphins need, so I understand that that might be a little bit homersh, but I think they're One of the reasons that I'm so anti bo Knicks is because I watched that whole Week three game or was it week two? No, it was Week four against the Broncos because we played on Monday Night football, so I had Sunday off and it was like raining at the metal Lands and bow knicks like couldn't grip and throw a forward pass, Like he couldn't grip the football and throw a forward pass like it was so bad. And so I think about those games in Denver when the weather gets bad, and we just watched Jamis Winston literally have a snow day like a school like he was out of school for the day, running around having so much fun with his friends. I think that Wednesday and can play better than those elements. I don't know if it's it's gonna be like twenty five degrees in Denver. So give me the Browns to knock off the Broncos, and I think the Broncos are going to go into a tail spin here. So that's the picks for Week thirteen. We'll have the Dolphins and Packers pick for you guys on the show tomorrow. That'll be the last podcast before the game, so we'll have this one will come out today on Tuesday preview episode tomorrow early Wednesday. I'm hoping for the release of that and I hope you guys can hear it before Thanksgiving. Please enjoy your holiday with your family. It's the best day of the year in my opinion, football and family.
Speaker 3: What more could you want than that.
Speaker 4: We'll have that show for you guys on Wednesday, and then the recap episode will be up early Friday morning, and then we'll have an all twenty two review for you guys Friday evening that carries you through the weekend. It'll also exist as the Monday Podcast and we'll have a episode Tuesday and Wednesday kind of doing a bigger picture look at the Dolphins and the rest of the NFL, and then get right back into it for Jetsweek. So that's the schedule here on Draft time. Again, enjoy your holiday. That's my time on the show. You Please be sure to subscribe to the podcast, leave us a rating, lead us a review. You can follow me on social at Winkle NFL the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out Seth and Juice on the Fish Tank podcast. Check out the YouTube channel for media availabilities.
Speaker 3: Dolphins HQ.
Speaker 4: New episode this week, but welcome back next week for the Jets Week and last button not least Miami dolphins dot Com until next time.
Speaker 2: Fins Up Glan Cameron Daddy