Speaker 1: It's time for the Bobby Bones post show.
Speaker 2: Here's your host, Bobby Bone.
Speaker 1: Hey, Abby, if you want to make your way, there's headphones in a pack in here, because you know we're gonna have to talk about it.
Speaker 3: You're gonna make your way in here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, just because I know we might as well do this and get it on. Get it well, the whole thing we talked about on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh so, Abby, call your driver, pick you up, bring you over here. Hilarious, that's funny. I like that. So yeah, we'll let Abby get situated.
Speaker 1: A man was arrested for trying to break into Will Smith's house, a spokesperson for the Malibu Sheriff Station tells Page six Tuesday. Police responded to a call of a suspicious person May first at four oh six pm. Bro, don'tn't try to break it at four six pm?
Speaker 3: Why still daylight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but these actors, aren't They like people are still active, and you would think these celebrities have more than like they don't They have people at their house all the time.
Speaker 1: You would think so, but sometimes not. Keepers four six pm, deputies were first told the suspect was in the vicinity of Will Smith's residence, but then received a second call the informed officers they had made it onto the movie stars property. According to TMC, Smith's security team intervened er on the ordeal, detained the man, and then held him. Suspect, who is identified as thirty seven year old Robert Ogden, was the rested for trespassing.
Speaker 3: Page six. That's scary. Yeah, but like The Bling Ring.
Speaker 1: You got to watch that show lunch Watch you watched the documentary The Blame.
Speaker 5: No, I never watched him, but that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a movie. It's a documentary. Yeah, I watched the movie. It was terrible.
Speaker 1: But those were famous people that weren't at home.
Speaker 4: They were and they would leave sliding doors open, like that's simple.
Speaker 3: There's a documentary too, there is. Did you watch that. Yeah, it's a dude that did it actually talking about it.
Speaker 1: So then, but was fans people leaving their house and they were just gone, right, nobody was there.
Speaker 4: Correct, middle of the night, middle of the night, and they wouldn't they would steal stuff, but like they would mostly just kind of sitting there and like drinking the bars in the house and like put on their clothes.
Speaker 3: Paris Hilt, that's funny the monk play with a monkey.
Speaker 1: That's not funny, but that's funny that it was about the experience, yeah, more than like a robbery ring.
Speaker 3: And then they wouldn't buy friends over, have a party and everything.
Speaker 1: That's so, what was the most trouble they got into. The dude definitely went to jail, but he was out talking about it. So a couple of years of jail.
Speaker 3: Did they steal a lot of stuff?
Speaker 1: Was it the initial bling ringers that stole or they bring in how you should do this with this?
Speaker 3: And I can't believe you still? Oh god, that was the point was there? Was it to take stuff?
Speaker 1: Or was their idea to steal immediately? Yeah, they just stumbled upon it. I think they had a couple of drinks and they were hiking those trails and they didn't realize that the trails were kind of behind all these celebrities houses. And then one time they just jumped the fence and went a little bit farther and actually tried the door and it actually worked. And then the other time they realized it was Paris Hilton's house, and then they knew they said they could always guarantee Paris would have money in one of her persons that'd get a couple hundred dollars and that it should always have drugs. So they went to hers probably ten to twenty times, and she never even realized she was getting robbed.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, man, what a life to never know you're getting robbed. That's when they got the busted though. They got greedy.
Speaker 1: They went for like expenses, watches and stuff, and that's the one that broke the news.
Speaker 3: So they didn't say, let's have a gathering. Now here's the plan.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go start robbing people's houses are going in So it just kind of, oh, this seems fun, and it slowly elevated.
Speaker 3: Correct, and then they're just doing it every weekend. It was just a thing to them.
Speaker 1: She has a video of Paris Hilton. She had on like a dress or wedding dress or something, holding the baby, hold her baby.
Speaker 3: Morgan to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and her baby's it's baby called it's why it's pale, and she's in spray tan. It's copletely different she was. She was being funny. It also made her seem like a human. It was very humanizing because she was like, can I spray tan? My baby because she didn't didn't match her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because they looked like very polarizing different colors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I watched that and I was like, oh, Persilton's.
Speaker 3: Kind of likable.
Speaker 7: I thought she was funny.
Speaker 8: Everybody's been really mean about it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought it was funny too.
Speaker 6: No, like people are like mad that she said, oh baby, but she was serious.
Speaker 3: That's true, that's true. Are you talking about Drake at all?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 3: Do you see Drake's security guard got shots his house? Yeah? Yeah. Do you have anything to do with that? The beef like that? Kendrick Lamar, Dude, this is crazy.
Speaker 4: My son was asking me about it, and I was like, Hey, this is the whole Tupac Bigie thing like, but.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is probably like, hey, you're going to start a beef? Sure and do dis tracks back and forth.
Speaker 1: Drake's Toronto mansion was a scene of a drive by shooting early Tuesday, but the Canadian rap Sensation is safe and cooperating with the police investigation and yet has no motive.
Speaker 3: This is from the Hollywood Reporter.
Speaker 1: Toronto police said the shooting at Baby Avenue and Lawrence Avenue left one man's serious injuries. And treated at the hospital. Could be just coincidence, could be a part of that, but I don't know, man, I just don't believe anything anymore.
Speaker 3: Really now. When it comes to media, everything set up, But when someone gets shot, it's not really set up, though, right, I hear you? And if it was with this, then I'll believe this. This is real.
Speaker 1: But I believe it could have been many things, or wrong place, wrong time, or I don't know, or somebody just mad for Kendrick.
Speaker 3: You're sure a lot of things.
Speaker 1: I believe that everything is artificially hyped until you convince me otherwise. Speaking of which, we have a press converse today at two pm.
Speaker 8: Is it artificially hyped?
Speaker 3: Who knows? Speaking though two pm?
Speaker 1: We're doing it at my house two pm Central time on my Instagram, mister Bobby Bones. I don't know why that all came to my mind at the same time, but possibly just something you know?
Speaker 3: Or is it?
Speaker 1: Am I doing the opposite by saying artificially hyped? And it really is something big?
Speaker 3: Who's invited? There are members of the press that will be there.
Speaker 8: Yes, Oh interesting, I thought I did not. I thought that maybe you're going to use that that filter that gives you microphones.
Speaker 3: They have a filter that does that, yeah, or something like that.
Speaker 8: I feel like I've seen that. You get in front of it, like a that's all these microphones.
Speaker 1: See if you can find that. Okay, Abby's back in studio. Abby, So on the show, we found out that you're making twenty thousand dollars. I'm very proud of you. Don't be embarrassed. I can tell you're like embarrassing. Yeah, why are you embarrassed?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 9: It just that's more than I've ever made on anything.
Speaker 1: So, so what happened was Abby got a DM. You correct me if my events are wrong.
Speaker 3: Abby got a DM. She was like is this even real? I think? She took it to Eddie and was like, what do you think? Is this real? And then Eddie was like yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Then it was sent over to me and I was like, well, let's just get the person on the phone. Let's talk to him. Turns out the person is the person at the venue. And they said they DMed Abby because they wanted Abby to come out and host and perform, but to find a headliner. And the total budget was fifty thousand dollars. So and Abby came to me and I was like, here's who you know, here's some options.
Speaker 3: Reach out to these people.
Speaker 1: Obviously we love George Burgh, close close personal friend. However, got a number one about to have another massive hit, and so we're like, you know, these are people you can call. So I didn't know was George burr u ttil you said it today. And so of the fifty grand, thirty of it goes to George and twenty of it goes to Abbey. And I'm so happy for you because it's not like you created the entire situation. But that's not how all success works. You were presented something and you made the absolute most of it. And let's just say follow me here, follow me, follow me, follow me. If for some reason this goes off as a great success, they sell a bunch of tickets, I would be willing to think other people would approach you to do the same thing, because the way to continue success is to be able to show past success. So don't be embarrassed, don't be ashamed. It was presented to you, you took it and ran with it, You used your resources, and now you.
Speaker 3: Just got to go and do it. F fill it. And that's so cool, and you're gonna make twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 9: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna open the roo up. Let's have a littleress conference here, Let's go to a lunchbox.
Speaker 5: Any I think it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't think you deserve twenty thousand dollars. I mean, I guess you deserve it because they gave it to you. But I feel like they got the smallest fish in the sea.
Speaker 5: And I mean, I just don't know what their Their marketing team should be investigated.
Speaker 3: So what would you have done?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Had you got the DM, I would have booked someone who I don't know.
Speaker 3: Who would you have booked and how would you have booked them? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Same thing, Abby, we had done have like, guys, I'm about to make some money, and then you guys would have helped me get an artist.
Speaker 10: What do we Yeah, it was hard to get availability for the day and the budget that I want.
Speaker 5: So I didn't say it was easy.
Speaker 9: Okay, anything. You would have done stuff?
Speaker 5: But Abby, so what I mean the same thing that Bobby did.
Speaker 2: He gave you artists that he would have should have gone after he gave you his representation.
Speaker 5: Tom helped you book it.
Speaker 9: So he did not help me.
Speaker 5: He didn't give you connection.
Speaker 9: Me advice exactly gave me advice.
Speaker 3: But there you go.
Speaker 9: I love the artists.
Speaker 5: That that's what I'm saying, So I would have given me advice.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, Abby.
Speaker 4: From this experience, do you think that you've gained enough knowledge and it hasn't even well that's part of my second question, but have you gained enough knowledge at promoting? I guess it's a concert promoter, right, is that what's called? She hadn't promoted, but it's this is called the concert promoter.
Speaker 3: Was learning about the business?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeahs do you think you kind of gathered enough information to do this again?
Speaker 3: If this all goes off?
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, let's go. I'm ready.
Speaker 10: I think I did learn a lot, Like it's about booking a show and like what it takes, like all the equipment you need to also equipment.
Speaker 8: She's getting the advance of the money because you would have to front the money because we all watched or I did Mike and I did Unsung Hero and that didn't go well for the small bones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like if somebody wants to hire me to do stand up, they'll go Okay, I'm gonna go rint this theater for a dollar, and I'm gonna pay him fifty cents. And I think by the time I pay him, he'll sell enough tickets that I can make a dollar seventy five.
Speaker 3: And so it's a risk they're taking.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I get my guarantee of fifty cents and I go and perform the show. Usually and there's some back end to it. If it sells over a certain point, you get a percentage after that. And so with the tickets and the drinks and all that, promoters trying to make over the dollar and fifty cents that he spent on the venue and myself to get to that dollar seventy five.
Speaker 3: So there's risk involved, got it. She's not having to do that.
Speaker 1: They reached out to her and said, we want to hire you as a talent, but also like a.
Speaker 4: Talent scalt So, so is Abby kind of a booking agent with that kind of well she booked yourself?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Abby, what are you do? You know what you are?
Speaker 9: Yeah, booking agent, let's say that. But also, like the hotalent and opener, what.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna do as a tour manager? Don't or like a like a.
Speaker 10: I'm all on my own, like when I was turning things in because they needed like a hospitality rider and a technical rider like what you want like in the green room and all that. And I was just doing all that by myself. And then George had his people that represent.
Speaker 5: Who's gonna play guitar for you?
Speaker 9: Great question?
Speaker 10: That's a little bit in the work still, So I'm either like George.
Speaker 3: Is, hire a player.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was gonna do that, like someone would.
Speaker 3: Take your own.
Speaker 1: I would take your own player, okay, or find one there I would. I would find a player though, maybe here, and you can practice. But you have to pay it, right hey, yeah, you know, three hundred and fifty bucks for under box plus their hotel plus their flight. It gets to be expensive. That money starts to eat away, I can tell ye. But that's part of it. And in the end, after everything is done, you know, you're grossing twenty thousand, you'll probably make like twelve clear after everything, and that's awesome.
Speaker 8: Well, and you're gonna have to pay taxis Oh you kind of that? Okay?
Speaker 10: Okay, So yeah, still working on guitar player because I'm not ready yet for me, No, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think anyone is asking you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, but I would get your own and not even bother George and that team with it. You just want to let them do their thing because who knows you and George to the world together?
Speaker 9: Oh, oh my god?
Speaker 3: Oh the Abby George Tour.
Speaker 8: Okay, like their race circuit a kind of race?
Speaker 9: Is it legit?
Speaker 10: So it's like it's the Firestone the Grand Prix of Monterey, So.
Speaker 3: It's nots Yeah, yeah, I think so. But it's not like NASCAR.
Speaker 5: I can't believe they're gonna pay her that much money to play cover songs.
Speaker 10: I mean no, no, Hey their home yeah, Hey, their hometown will be on the list.
Speaker 3: Vacation, Yeah, vacation.
Speaker 8: Ray are you in? Do you so when you're on the road? Do you think performing this in Monterey? I don't know. This might be stupid, but should should you customize? Hey, their hometown to fit the.
Speaker 3: Yeah? That work home?
Speaker 8: You don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know something you don't It feels lame and where the jerseys? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sometimes too much pandering is like, Okay, do you not have any friends at home?
Speaker 8: Firestone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you definitely won't want to do that all moderate though it could be once like at the end you do it. Maybe at the end you do over which talk, but at the end you're like ooh.
Speaker 9: Moderra, Yeah that's the very end.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 1: You're also the opener, so it's not so respectfully people aren't in just price still a little day light.
Speaker 3: It's the opener.
Speaker 1: Is not the like the big get because you're playing by yourself, do you Ordia have a band with them and stuff, right, so you don't have the pressure on you to have some great performance. You're just there to get people warm, playing some songs, collect your check, get out of there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because last year they do like a cover band, that's what they do, so that's why this is kind of different. They get a little bit of cover songs and then they get the headliner.
Speaker 1: Whatever happened with Hey their hometown and the TV commercial?
Speaker 9: Oh dang. So yeah.
Speaker 10: They reached out to me probably a couple of months ago, and they were like, we really want to use your song in a tourism commercial that would air in like Texas and ask a surrounding states to get people to want to come to Wichita.
Speaker 9: And we had this whole deal.
Speaker 10: It's been like two months, like I've been going back and forth with other publishers from the songwriters that I wrote with, and they all have to come up with an agreement of like a cost, and it was above the budget of Wichita.
Speaker 9: So it's no longer.
Speaker 1: Well they wouldn't come down, they wouldn't move for that for that really Yeah, after all of that, what was you know, the budget that the commercial was trying to have?
Speaker 10: That was the hard part because they usually need you to come in and like give a range.
Speaker 3: What were you guys asking for a lot?
Speaker 9: A little too much?
Speaker 1: Probably, well, yeah, obviously much before Well she got this gig again, it's like she won't even make a bed for it.
Speaker 10: So this is what they say, Like generally, if someone just came off the street and they were like, hey, I want to use this song in my commercial, and they also wanted me to rewrite thirty seconds to personalize it more to Wichita, So it was like rewriting a whole song. And so the publishers said, if someone did that off the street, it would probably be like one hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's true. What, I don't think that's true at all. Actually, I don't think that's true. I very much know that's not true. I think, man, I think you.
Speaker 8: I would have taken one hundred thousand, Like maybe if it's like a number one song, yeah.
Speaker 4: Well no, you can also write songs for oh. I think some of these publishers think like they're no. These are like Morgan Wallen.
Speaker 3: Prices, I mean and name you're You're right, it's crazy.
Speaker 10: But then the one of the other publishers, they were way low and they were in the so it was just it got really confusing. I think for which time they were just like, this is too much use. I would have taken ten bucks.
Speaker 9: I was so excited.
Speaker 1: That would have been cool. Man.
Speaker 3: It's like they they got no money. I know they negotiated having no money.
Speaker 9: I even said that. I was like, you know, I'm not Carrie Underwood, right.
Speaker 3: No, it's not even that.
Speaker 1: It's like sometimes for lesser things you lower rates, like oh, I'll give you an example, a smaller town that we're in. Let's go not super small, but Dayton, Ohio. If a plumber comes to me and goes I'd like fe to do a commercial on the Dayton station only, not the national feed, the Dayton station only.
Speaker 3: I don't go.
Speaker 1: Now, my usual cost. Is this for the for my national fee? I go, yeah, what's the Dayton fee?
Speaker 3: Thirty bucks? Great? No problem, okay, And I.
Speaker 1: Do that all the time because that's not like if money that isn't may that's that's low. That's lost money, man.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 10: That's why I wish there would have been some sort I'd ask them several times, like what their budget was or what the range was, and I tell.
Speaker 4: Them, you mad twenty thousand dollars a concert, though they probably knew that, Abby bit you in the butt.
Speaker 3: No, she's too expensive for us.
Speaker 9: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: One to ten, How jealous are you ready? I'm not jealous at all. I am shot eye rol shocked.
Speaker 1: You started saying, all just and make copies during the show. That's jealousy. That's hatred coming, not jealousy. The truth of the matter is she has no experience in this.
Speaker 4: She's never done this before, and it's a crazy jump to do what she does on the daily to jump to this concert booker promoter and get twenty thousand dollars, that's a huge jump, Bones, and I'm just shocked. I'm not jealous. I'm happy for you, Abby, but that's a huge jump.
Speaker 3: Is he jealous?
Speaker 8: I don't know what it is. I don't. It's also Abby does so many.
Speaker 3: Things, so many so you're not saying this is a big jump.
Speaker 8: I think Abby's very capable, so it's not shocking.
Speaker 3: Abby.
Speaker 4: Are you a little nervous about all this stuff going right?
Speaker 9: A little? I mean there is pressure obviously, cause I want it to go.
Speaker 3: Well, A big pressure though on big things. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is that this is uncharted territory for Abby and she just did it.
Speaker 1: What about when you got on the show and you've never been on a radio show before ever?
Speaker 3: It was slow? It was not Yes, I was that was just the camera man. You went from no, stop it, yes, I'm on the freaking picture. When we first started this show. That was crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but again that was crazy and a lot of my friends are like, dude, that's crazy, and.
Speaker 1: You're like, no, it's actually I can handle.
Speaker 3: No, I would say, I know it was crazy. Well, I mean I am lunchbox. Any jealousy, No, just shocked. Like Eddie, that's different. That's different.
Speaker 5: It's the exact same. It goes from copying to I mean I did not use copying.
Speaker 9: You give me no credit for anything I do.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 5: I said, you got water for Bobby? You make copies and you answer the phones?
Speaker 1: What did.
Speaker 8: She comes up with segments? She is stuff segment producer. She helps with the podcast network. Like, there's so much.
Speaker 10: That I do prep for this show every night for the next day that don't we all do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's saying she's like you guys, didn't say she's better than you. She's also doing some of the things that you do.
Speaker 8: Right, But I mean things that there's plenty that she does that none of us do.
Speaker 5: And you there's a lot that we do that she can't.
Speaker 8: You want know how to do?
Speaker 1: I would get you the Abby knows everything that you do, but you don't know everything Abby does exactly.
Speaker 3: That's pretty easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So wait, so no commercial?
Speaker 9: Yeah, no commercial.
Speaker 10: They are also going to have me sing with the symphony, the Witchita Symphony, Like there was a lot.
Speaker 3: Happening, but let's write a new one and sell that to them.
Speaker 1: How about so pretty when you're in witch Titty, I don't know that that's.
Speaker 3: You know, like widgitty nights, that's all we're doing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, nights.
Speaker 1: Okay, So are you going to do the other versions of pay their Hometown?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I wanted to. Yeah, can you give me a list of cities? What city should I do?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 5: Why does everybody have to do it for you?
Speaker 3: She literally asked a question.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, hey, she's asking, like, based on the knowledge of our show, where it's syndicated and popular, where would we what? What cities we put in there?
Speaker 5: Hey there?
Speaker 3: A hey there, Hey there a.
Speaker 11: T X.
Speaker 1: Three syllables. Yeah, a t X would be good. Austin obviously. Uh hey there in Boston, Mass.
Speaker 3: St.
Speaker 1: Louis, Boston, Boston, Mass. Hey there, Saint Louis.
Speaker 3: That's tough. Thirty syllables. Hey there, Saint Louis. Does that work? Yeah? I think so? Hey there, Saint Louis. There, Saint Louis.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Hey, there's actually the way she says wichita is almost like two syllables.
Speaker 10: Wichita, Oh, Saint Louis, you'll always wichita wichita.
Speaker 4: Which it's almost said, Saint Louis work.
Speaker 3: You gotta kind of drag it a little bit. Let's see. So if you were to just do four, I would say a t X.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, do you want to do Boston, Mass.
Speaker 3: Mass is good?
Speaker 1: There, Hey there DC friends.
Speaker 3: Washington, d C. Hey they're sat. I think St. Louis is still good. You just make it work. Hey there, Hey.
Speaker 4: It's whoa, whoa whoa hometown and it's whoa Tampa Bay.
Speaker 8: Denver, Denver, Cow.
Speaker 3: You can do all the Florida ones Man Port, Saint Lucy, WHOA?
Speaker 1: I like Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay, at X.
Speaker 3: You should go wet Bakersfield.
Speaker 4: Bakersfields perfect, whoa or Northern col or something like that.
Speaker 3: You cover them all.
Speaker 9: But California whoa.
Speaker 8: West Texas?
Speaker 3: Whoa bakers I mean Bakersfield is good.
Speaker 9: It is good.
Speaker 3: At X, Tampa Bay, Bakersfield.
Speaker 4: Whoasa sts interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't think you do any more Texas. You're putting too many eggs in that basket.
Speaker 8: I'm from Texas.
Speaker 3: You did at X.
Speaker 8: No, but I keep thinking of Texas cities.
Speaker 3: Oh bones, you look at the map? Yeah, how we kind of have to spread it out a little bit. Okay, good? Cool? What have we not touched? What about New Mexico, Albuquerque? Albuquerque? Oh my god?
Speaker 8: What North Farmington?
Speaker 3: Really? U?
Speaker 8: North o Farmington? Where is that Farmington? New Mexico. We're on the air there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I knew that. What we're talking about major metropolitan area farming Phoenix, but that my sister only at night. Okay, whoa, it's not time Phoenix. Whoa Phoenix eatings?
Speaker 1: I think at x Ampa Bay, Bakersfield, whoa Boston Mass, Boston.
Speaker 8: Mass atx But what about atl.
Speaker 1: Not there, not on there long enough, But Syracuse we're still on there.
Speaker 3: I don't know Syracuse.
Speaker 1: I think Boston Mass is probably good. We don't have the Boston Mass.
Speaker 3: Is Boston General.
Speaker 8: Hum like a TV shirt?
Speaker 3: You mass? Whoa you think Boston Mass has? Like Austa? Whoa San Francisco? Well, okay, how about okay see whoa? Okay, see that's good, like Oklahoma.
Speaker 9: City, Oklahoma City.
Speaker 1: No, okay, see all right, we gotta do it a mid role here, Abby, congratulations, everything, thank you, hold up, we'll be back. I saw Marvel is going to at least fewer movies and fewer TV shows. And we got two Marble geeks here, Morgan Morgan and Mike.
Speaker 3: Yes, Mike, what do you know about this? Yeah?
Speaker 12: This is kind of what they're already doing this year. There's only one Marvel movie coming out, they here Dead Pull Wolverine.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 12: It's because when they whenever they came out with all the Disney shows, people started to become disinterested and people were feeling like they had to do homework to just watch one Marvel project.
Speaker 1: Because if you haven't seen everything else, you feel like you can't watch the new.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because the TV shows are connected with the movies. The movies are to the TV shows. So if you go and like, I need to watch six movies just to enjoy this.
Speaker 1: Was there a bit of oversaturation at all?
Speaker 12: Yeah, definitely, because it was just one show after another after another.
Speaker 7: They did like three or four movies in a year.
Speaker 12: It's too much to keep up with, and with they're all trying to interconnect and create a new Avengers. It's just too much for even me that I love Marvel.
Speaker 1: And I really like Marvel as well, and I stopped watching the stuff because I was like, you know, I can't really keep up, so no need, so I just kind of chilled.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I even dipped out on a couple of other shows because they were.
Speaker 3: Kind of boring.
Speaker 7: They don't really go anywhere.
Speaker 1: I did, like, you can come back into mind, okay, Ray can take it back over. I like the one that was black and white at the beginning.
Speaker 3: One division, one division. What about the nochi one.
Speaker 6: Lokey, no food, no food, I thought that's weird.
Speaker 1: I never watched even low key scenes really good. I like Season one, I liked that a lot, and just never I don't know, I just forgot about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would say WandaVision and Loki are definitely the top tier TV shows of there.
Speaker 9: But I watched all of them.
Speaker 8: I enjoyed all of them.
Speaker 6: It was like I constantly had a flow of you know, back when like Friends was on TV, you always had something to watch. That's kind of how Marvel was for me with all the TV shows. I just always kept them on. There's a new one coming out all the time.
Speaker 1: It did seem like there was a new something coming out all the time. But they're just gonna do that. I haven't been on Disney Plus in a while.
Speaker 6: They haven't released too many new things. They really a new movie like Wish was a new one that came out, but they really haven't been releasing a whole lot of like big blogbusters.
Speaker 12: The best thing they have in Marvel right now is X Men ninety seven on Disney plus what just happened?
Speaker 7: It's an animated show, so there.
Speaker 8: Was a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't watch the cartoon even like the Spider cartoons.
Speaker 3: It is a cartoon though, right, what do you call it?
Speaker 7: It's an animated show. It's for people my age who grew up with this X Men show in the nineties.
Speaker 12: That show ended in ninety nine, and they're picking it up right where I left off.
Speaker 3: What is Looney Tunes? What is that?
Speaker 7: That's it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exact animated show, isn't it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's an animate animated show. I don't like it's like it sounds.
Speaker 3: For children, like Cepst cartoon.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I feel like you like belittle it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't either watch No, I mean I don't really watch car I don't if I only have a certain amount of time to take in some content. I usually don't pursue cartoons, Okay, unless I'm very familiar with the characters already, like since it's the family guy. But I've had them in my life forever, since I was a kid. It feels like, but I know I'm missing out, like the Spider Verse one, I'm sure that's awesome, I think yeah, And I'm not at all be literally I think that I would. I just if it's like what am I going to do with my time? I just don't really want to, you know, pop on a cartoon because.
Speaker 12: Like Japanese anime, like for them, it's like primetime television, like shows come on, like everybody watches it.
Speaker 7: It's just a different form of entertainment.
Speaker 3: I like beafs Buthead is that coming back? It?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 3: It already did come back on the way again? I think because they did the SNL sketch where the beams but ended up behind hilarious.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even so much about Beefs and Buttthead. It was just the beefs and butdheaded were in the background. It was so funny.
Speaker 3: Did you see it? I just saw pictures of people dressed like Gosling was one of them. Another who's that? Okay?
Speaker 1: So it's it's literally like a c SPAN talk show and they're like, so how do you feel about And all they were doing was changing camera angles. But as she was talking behind her, it was like, butthead just sitting there watching. He wasn't even doing anything.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Keithan was there to talk about AI and it is distracts like.
Speaker 1: He looks like but somebody behind you look like butthead, she's like huh and then he's like huh, all right, he's got the exactly human though it's Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Ryan Gosli And so then there's like a right, So they make them leave and the person it goes back and there's nobody in the seat. It goes back and then it comes back in the seat filled it, but now it's Beavis. And then put him together and they're laughing. So they broke character and they're broken. They can't stop. She's laughing so hard. It's really one of the funny ones I've seen in a long time.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think it's their highest rated. SNL showed a long time too.
Speaker 3: And it really wasn't about beeps and butthead.
Speaker 1: It was just that they were there. They weren't like doing a big beabs and butt heead sketch right, No, it was ith. Yeah, I like beeps and butted, And I don't mean to be the a little it. If it comes off that way, that's on me. I don't think you are just but I also don't chase foreign language film. I don't watch a foreign language film if I'm just looking for content.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 4: My son asked me if he can watch Parasite, and I'm like, you know what, I think you can.
Speaker 3: Why couldn't he?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, like I'm sixteenth rated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you gotta be careful with stuff like that. He's sixteen, Yeah, but habited.
Speaker 8: I don't remember what.
Speaker 3: Even happened to.
Speaker 13: That movie is bad like killing yeah, violence, Yeah, And then you know when they're by themselves and that's nothing, and then there's like a you know, like I can whenever I have kids.
Speaker 1: They're gonna come out of the woman watching our our stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I imagine that stuff doesn't even matter. I imagine that.
Speaker 12: Were you restricted at all as a kid, because I mean, like I wasn't.
Speaker 3: Nobody cared to put rules on me. Yeah, either all three of you guys. I could go out. I had no rules. My parents even know where I was. They didn't even care. I get that. The only time they knew I was there, but wasn't asleep on the couch out And I hate that for you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I think both like I got good from it and bad, But I got a lot of good too, because I had no rules ever my entire life in any way for them, whatsoever good and bad.
Speaker 3: I think people.
Speaker 1: Need to have boundaries. I think people need discipline in certain ways. I defined it in other places, but there were no rules because nobody they weren't even.
Speaker 8: Around kids feel safe with rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I could have used some rules.
Speaker 3: But no, I didn't have any. Dude, I was freaking.
Speaker 4: And it is kind of cool that my son asks me, like instead of being like, rule you have on no, but he could literally like I wouldn't ask my parents and be like, I'm just gonna watch this while they're sleeping, not my son unless.
Speaker 3: He's playing you. And it's so funny. He's already everything's lost, Like he's like.
Speaker 1: Literally like shooting dirty movies and stuff. I'm gonna watch this one.
Speaker 8: And he just said everything's lost so he can't watch it without it out.
Speaker 1: Of your mind if you think he can't get to whatever you have locked. He's a smart kid. It doesn't matter. He's a smart kid.
Speaker 4: Because you know what he even has to be like, hey, well you unlock the TV upstairs so I can watch he's playing you? And how did he turn it on? Without the remote control, which I take with me.
Speaker 3: He's playing you, dude, because he's a smart kid. He is, but he's a cooperative kid. He's like, dad, do you mind if I flip the page on this book?
Speaker 8: Cooperative till he turns the first time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he can watch whatever he wants it that.
Speaker 4: I believe his brain will eventually get to that point, but I don't want it filled with all this stuff right now.
Speaker 1: He's a good kid, smart kid. He's doing whatever he wants. You just don't even know it. He's so smart you think he's.
Speaker 3: Like putting that in my head. Dude.
Speaker 1: Hell on you wait, a listener. Send me a really nice gift here. Rick Ernest sent me this is Arkansas. He played for Arkansas. Billy ray Smith played for the Chargers too, but all American at Arkansas eighty one eighty two and is in the College Football Hall of Fame. They sent me this jersey. I thought it was super nice. I got a box yesterday with an Nolan Ryan baseball?
Speaker 3: Is that your friend?
Speaker 8: Was that from? Chazz?
Speaker 3: I didn't say who was from. There's a name on it, Oh.
Speaker 8: Then it's got to be there. Two balls in there?
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, yeah, that's from Chazz and then tickets to a tribute to the Beatles. But the show was like two weeks ago.
Speaker 8: Is it the tickets signed or something?
Speaker 3: No, Well, I have good news for you, Paul McCartney.
Speaker 8: The show was two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: We had April twenty seventh, twenty twenty four at the Fisher Center, Belmont.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, because he works there now. So he used to work with Amy Grant, but now he works at the Fisher Center. Let me see what's up with those tickets?
Speaker 4: Bones worry no more. You can go to a Leonard Skinner cover band. Tuesday's gone, Tuesday's gone with me this week?
Speaker 3: Rain attribute to what's Where's rain? Though? And there's rain? Their name is Rain. Here comes the Sun? No, he comes to Rain? Is there there's no rain? Rain? What? There's a song called Rain?
Speaker 1: That's the song they I don't think it's big enough pop culture related Rain?
Speaker 3: I am the one. No, I don't know. I don't think I know that one. I don't either.
Speaker 8: I don't know what's up with those tickets.
Speaker 1: That'd be fun to go to. Well tell them, I said, thanks, Okay, He says there was no there was no name or anything on there. I thought that was super nice. Though, what are you going to do any after dark?
Speaker 8: Oh? Also, did you know that same person? Just in case you're looking for dealers?
Speaker 3: He collects dealers for what.
Speaker 8: He said here he goes. I used to collect autographs, mainly presidential or historic. I have tons, and I thought my kids might want them someday, but they don't. He's like, he's like, I might, I may start selling off my collections. So if there's anybody you're looking for.
Speaker 3: Nobody has babe Ruth. He has like a document with everything in it. That'd be cool.
Speaker 1: I don't want to like go to his house like you would do like going to some you would go into people's houses then you go get the points.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And I was trying to Yeah. I was newly married and we had no money, and I was trying to.
Speaker 3: Don't no, don't hit us with that. But we didn't tell me what you did though.
Speaker 8: We didn't tell him what you did. We didn't tell him what you did.
Speaker 1: We didn't tell him what you did.
Speaker 8: He's making more in one year.
Speaker 3: Tell them what you did, Okay.
Speaker 8: Also, and my husband, he was like a captain in the Air Force. We did not have money. So I was like trying to fly to see him somewhere, like go to North Carolina or something. And I was like, oh, if I buy you could on craigslist people would sell their Southwest points and book a flight for you. But it's their point, so they have to be the one that books it and you have to like have your ID and you're not. So I don't know why I had to be present. Like looking back, I'm like, could this have been a phone call or something? But I went to this guy's house to use his points that he was selling on Craigslist, and then he invited me into his home, into his office and I sat there and we booked the flight.
Speaker 3: She went all the way into the house, went all the way into the office.
Speaker 8: That wasn't smart. I wouldn't. Everything was okay, but me now would not do that.
Speaker 3: Did it feel shady at all while you were doing that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: But looking back I can see how it was not smart. I mean, he was a safe person, luckily, luckily, But if he wanted to, you know, lock me up and throw me in the basement and no one would ever be able to find me, that could have happened. Because I don't even think I told anybody the location of where I was going.
Speaker 3: Right, so or like you went into the person's house and you wanted.
Speaker 8: A room, but I think I got a round trip flight for less than two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: It worked out, okay, But yes, they could have been a phone call. And that's what felt shady about it. It was like, you need to be at my house, come on it.
Speaker 8: You have something about the points, and like you had to be there in person because he had a bucket.
Speaker 3: You could have told him that on the phone with the end of your information.
Speaker 8: I don't know this. Yeah, well, hey, maybe he changed his mind. When I got there, he was like, eh, I sat down, I don't want to eat it. You know, we're good. So everything worked.
Speaker 3: Out, Eddie.
Speaker 1: I made a note here, says and I don't even know what I made the note about. It's like when you write something you can't recognize your handwriting. Okay, you and your wife got into a huge argument about this.
Speaker 4: We can do a huge Oh, this is a big one. It's a first big argument in a while. So we were at the park and all the all the kids were there, and one of my boys finds a twenty dollars bill like in the grass. And I'm like, that is awesome. And then my wife says, no, no, no, you need to put that back. That's not your money. I'm like, what are you talking about? Like he found twenty dollars in the grass, and she said that's not his money, so put it back.
Speaker 3: And my sons was watching us argue like, well what do I do? Cash?
Speaker 4: I said, no, cash a twenty dollars bill. I'm like, that's yours. Well I put it back. I was like, that's yours. Put it back. So I want to ask you guys, like what would you do? It's twenty dollars bill in the grass, Like I'm talking about ten yards away from the wilderness.
Speaker 11: Cash kazash, which is mullah untraceable, and anybody could claim it is different than a card, It is different than any other sort of currency.
Speaker 1: You keep it, you look around, then you go to you see if anybody's looking for money, right, but otherwise, what are you gonna do to leave it there for somebody else to take it when it's not there's either.
Speaker 3: And there was no one there. It was just us. We're the only ones there.
Speaker 4: And I told my wife like, look, the rule is if someone has a chance to get this money back. Like if we're at the store and I can give it to the person in the front, they can be like, hey found twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: Whatever, Fine, I'll do that.
Speaker 4: But if there's no chance that they're gonna get this money back, and the wind blows in two seconds and it takes it into the woods, keep.
Speaker 1: That money or somebody else is gonna find it and keep that money.
Speaker 3: It's gonna get wet. That's what my wife said.
Speaker 8: Money can get but maybe they need it less.
Speaker 3: That's what I said.
Speaker 1: No, but you can't assign maybe to who finds the money, because I.
Speaker 3: Said, like, what do I need it?
Speaker 8: You don't need it?
Speaker 3: You don't know that, Yes I do. We can all need we can all use twenty dollars.
Speaker 8: Sure, good, Sure, but somebody is good.
Speaker 3: I see good.
Speaker 8: Sure, but I don't know. I feel like i'd leave it in case the person's going to come back looking for it.
Speaker 1: But what if it rains or like an animal eats it's then it's wasted. I I'm on your side and your animal eats it.
Speaker 3: You don't know that. I've had I've had dogs get money before.
Speaker 8: Money can get wet.
Speaker 1: Money gone by lunch box your opinion.
Speaker 2: Oh, your kid keeps it. I mean there's no there's not even a discussion. I mean it's a dumb discussion to have because no one has rights that money. It's out in the middle of a field. Who cares. I remember finding when me and my brother were kids. We were behind the tennis courts west over the Park and there was a twenty dollars bill, a ten dollar bill, and two ones. I found the two ones. My brother found the twenty and the ten, and we got to keep them. And I'll never forget it though, but he got the twenty and ten.
Speaker 5: Dang I got two to one.
Speaker 1: What a vivid memory for something that I was like four. Yeah, I mean, that's crazy to even remember anything at four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he remembers everything.
Speaker 1: Uh so what happened happened? What happened happened?
Speaker 3: We left the money, No really, and we left the money. He really left. You've got to check us out.
Speaker 4: We left the money and then I drove back by the park like a couple hours later.
Speaker 7: What's gone.
Speaker 3: Of course, somebody that needed it less probably took it.
Speaker 2: Hut that one clog just dealt with the wrath of your wife your wife is gone.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of money, Amy does something to reach out to you about bitcoin.
Speaker 3: I know nothing about bitcoin.
Speaker 8: Yeah, A listener said, tell Bobby to hold on to his bitcoin, because did you say something you mentioned that you were going to sell it or something.
Speaker 1: I know nothing about it. I know when it like bottomed out. I bought a very mild amount. Apparently it had a resurgence, and I just happened to log into this thing. I never log into my Robinhood account, and the money had grown exponentially, and I'm like, holy crap, a coin. And so I said I should just sell it and like buy something because it was But now are we gonna believe?
Speaker 3: An email ran an email?
Speaker 8: Well, so her name is Beth, and I don't know, maybe she works for crypto dot com or something, because she goes Amy, tell Bobby not to sell his bitcoin. I think he'll regret it if he does. Do some research and get in on it yourself. And then she put crypto dot com sincerely Beth, And now I haven't click I haven't clicked the link though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what that's probably just I'll just go myself.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna learn in there? What's the what's the win?
Speaker 8: She said, that's the link she sent me to do research and learn from myself. I'm google I'm googling Bones.
Speaker 4: One of the basketball teams though, like in the playoffs right now. One of their sponsors is like Crypto dot Com.
Speaker 1: Right, I see it on the court and the arena in l a is Now that's what it is. Okay, So it's legit learn.
Speaker 8: They have a learn tab learn Build. Oh, I can go to Crypto University build my knowledge about going back to college. I am meeting with someone today about because my house stuff, you know, like I don't know, this is just stuff. Like I've been a been and I bought our first house together. The first house I ever owned was as a newlywed, so we bought it a couple of years after we got married. Maybe so two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight, I bought a house. I've been a homeowner for quite some time now, but never really been involved in anything. I don't even know. So now I'm to be selling a house all my own, even though we've owned five houses, because I mean military moved you do it. Yeah, I feel like I'm a forty three year old yeah, young, But I mean, I know there's people who are forties owning their home for the first time. But I just I guess I'm embarrassed that I've gone through this process five times but never been involved at all. So I have a meeting today to learn more with this financial person and I'm going to ask them about crypto.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I don't think it's the same type of expertise.
Speaker 1: However, I will say that I think it is awesome that you're talking about that because you had We have roles in this job and our relationships.
Speaker 8: And right in my role, I didn't like opening mail or who does saying Bill's and been even shared with.
Speaker 3: It, and he was a bit more detail oriented.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but he said when we got married. We talked about this sort of recently in last year, like around the divorce time. He said, what's crazy is he goes I thought, oh, yeah, I'm gonna be married because he was deploying half the year and he's like, now someone to like help with opening the mail.
Speaker 1: Because he would come down, she would open a single envelope.
Speaker 3: I don't know, did the bills while he was over there?
Speaker 8: I did not. I did not like he would have to set up like I don't know, I have like Bill I had, I've worked through it. I had bill anxiety or something, and I just had this like motto of like avoid the money and it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: And you never had to So why would.
Speaker 8: You, right, well, money, I think.
Speaker 1: Like you never had to like do that that part of the job. Being in a relationship. He did, So why would you?
Speaker 8: He was looking, he was right. I said, oh, he said, oh yeah, before you deployed, he said, I didn't even remember this, but he said for the first time he employed. He was going over like things that like would be helpful, and I was like, oh, I don't. I don't. I don't do that because I was I was scared I was going to mess it up, and so it was fair.
Speaker 3: The fact that you're doing it now is awesome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She has to do it, I know, but no, she does that. She could always pay somebody to do it.
Speaker 8: But now it's amazing. It's empowering to know, Man, I don't all.
Speaker 1: My bills go out to my busin manager, like even your light billy everything.
Speaker 3: Why that's amazing, house, gosh, I need that.
Speaker 1: Well because I have so many percentages I have to pay out to people, like if we're tour and or I got to pay my agent who negotiating my contract, or my management the twelve percent there the So it's like I can't. I'm not doing that because I'll do it wrong.
Speaker 4: But what about like the lawn guy, like he usually he cuts the grass and the knocks on your door, like your business manager comes over and pays.
Speaker 1: Point is, once you want you hire them to do it, they don't. They want to make sure nothing's done wrong because it could be put on them, so they just handle all of it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've always wanted a driver, Like if I became a billionaire, I'm gonna do that, but.
Speaker 3: You have to pay them.
Speaker 1: I pay my business manager of five percent of anything I make period. All five five percent goes right to her. That's her fee for taking care of everything.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And it was weird to go I got to pay somebody to I don't even want you to look into howmuch money I have. It's a really weird process. But I was screwing up paying people wrong percentages all the time. Or we do shows on the road and I gotta pay people, and I'm like I don't forge who I have.
Speaker 8: Paid, and also time wise, like that's.
Speaker 1: Aunt to twenty check books at once.
Speaker 8: People are filing like ten ninety nine's with you, and like you don't need to be in.
Speaker 1: Different states that I'm touring in and I have to pay taxes separately for every single state.
Speaker 3: That I've toured in. Wow, no idea. And so that's where that came.
Speaker 1: I thought it was so bizarre that I was paying somebody, though to like do now it definitely makes sense because I would done it wrong.
Speaker 3: I'd be in jail, you'd be willed you and they were paid a bill. Taxes would be wrong.
Speaker 8: We just sort of part of my childhood little tea. My trauma around the money is my dad like had a lot of highs and a lot of lows and like went bankrupt and one of his partners served jail time because like there was my dad got involved in some stuff where he was like he swears he didn't. I mean, my dad didn't go to jail. He didn't serve time.
Speaker 3: We went to jail in Middle East.
Speaker 8: Well that was for something different. I screamed that that was for something different. But but I mean, as a child, like we I saw the the the highs and the lows of it to where I was just like, oh, I don't really want to deal with money because and then I thought, well, my dad he was just risky. He took a lot of risks, but then also trusted people too much. Oh yeah, let's go get a bookieas to man. Yeah, Like after he moved out, my mom would find money hidden places. One time in the like in a gardening glove in the garage there was like five hundred dollars cash, like just but it was gambling money. It wasn't for anything else. But I think that was where the fear started. So that's why I was like, Oh, if I'm in charge of it, we're going to go bankrupt because that's just what I saw, which is crazy because once my mom became single and got a job, saw that, Oh I've worked through this, and yeah, I worked through this in therapy and I'm on the other side of it now. Of like, which my cousin, my p ssecond cousin, she's the one that came to me even two years before. I wasn't even separated or anything. At this point, didn't think divorce would ever happen. To me, and she came to me and said, I won't you need to get your finances in order, like you need to start being involved because she felt like I was about to get you know, like my life was going to change to where I needed to understand what was happening.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be though, like me going up to I'll just pick somebody random Eddie and going like, man, you really need.
Speaker 3: To get in shape.
Speaker 8: But she didn't really know that. I wasn't. I didn't talk about how it wasn't involved, Like.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that's such a general I'm not saying you even you specific, I'm just saying how I would justify that person, how that worked. I'd be like, there's no way that could have been because she was psychic. I'd have found a way right to go, no chance. I'd have been like, well, that's a general thing. You could say that to anybody I go to lunchbox, like you get your finances in order, and something's going to happen in the next year two years where you could look back on that and go mmm, because.
Speaker 8: It's such a broad but it's a pretty big.
Speaker 3: That's what I would do to untangle that unfairly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but yeah, I remember when she said it. I was like, no, I'm good now.
Speaker 3: She said that seems I get the D.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, only two options there, oh my later tonight or divorce.
Speaker 8: I think she felt that that asked my cousin. I don't think she wanted to say that to me.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, she knew that was coming. You know, the D was killing I don't know.
Speaker 8: I guess so anyway, but you can do it whoever's listening right now and doesn't think they can do whatever they've been scared to do for however many years.
Speaker 1: My point is you could pay somebody to do it, but I'm proud of you for just doing it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you could.
Speaker 1: You could keep that trauma and just have some just hire somebody to do it. But I think it's cool that you're doing it and sharing that you're doing it, and that you don't know what you're doing, because nobody knows what they're doing it till they do it right.
Speaker 8: And I'm like, Okay, well, I'm not going to go bankrupt, and I'm going to make good decisions and I do want to take some risks this year, but that is me selling my house.
Speaker 4: Nice so I can hire someone to do my bills for five percent of my encore.
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, that's what Bobby does. You could probably hire someone. They may charge you like thirty bucks an hour.
Speaker 1: The reason I even went to this person is because I was overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: I have to pay.
Speaker 1: I had to pay like nineteen people one month, and percentages and grows versus net and I gotta They send me tax forms from every state that I ever tore in and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, I do not know what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: I'm I don't know anything about money, right, And so part of that deal is they don't.
Speaker 3: My business manager is very close to me. You all know her.
Speaker 1: She is like, okay, since we're watching making sure that we're paying all your percentages, and we're also going to make sure that your bills aren't screwed up, so you're it's just not coming to our address and we're just going to pay those two.
Speaker 3: So the light goes out.
Speaker 1: It's on her yep, or to me if I have any money, but she'll tell you that, she'll let me know.
Speaker 3: I call hers and I was like, hey, can I are we cool? Can I buy this?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 4: She's like your wife. I mean like like I am to my wife, Hey can I go play golf today? Like it's fifty dollars. Yeah, Hey, you're good. Okay, you're a business manager. It's a weird thing. It's hard for me to to it to go.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I'm paying somebody to pay money to people.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, though, dude, because like a lot of people don't have to.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's it's so hard, Like I get to keep getting an email to get my license to play renewed.
Speaker 1: But I think you're missing the point. That's the very very very smallest part of it.
Speaker 4: But still though, dude, it's it's bothering me, and I'm like, I needn't get to that.
Speaker 1: Like an assistant, then hire, like pay pay somebody at college kid to be assistant.
Speaker 3: How much? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just got the phone off the phone, me and Morgan number one.
Speaker 3: We're on a zoom. I'm hiring.
Speaker 1: I went spoke to the University of Arkansas and so I'm hiring like one of their seniors. She's gonna move here and work for me for three months. That's cool as a podcast and video editor. I just said, here's here's my mamial address. Anybody needs anything, hit me up. So one kid hit me up and was like, I want to do music management, or at least see what that's about.
Speaker 3: What can I do?
Speaker 1: I said, give me two days come to Nashville. I'll put you my management company and you just see if you like it. It's not as glamorous as you think, but it may be for you. And then another one she was like, she works for like the Sports University of Arkansas, sports, the campus whatever, and I was like, you can come to an internship. This company doesn't all the internships anymore.
Speaker 3: I said, screw that.
Speaker 1: You can do independent work for me, independent contractor. I will pay you for three months that you're off and you'll work. So we got off and it was all good. So she's gonna move here for three months and do podcast video editing and it's awesome. So I was like, we can create a crazy cool name for your job. So on your resume it says head of podcast development for whatever.
Speaker 3: You know. She want to do my bills too, go in for an extra twenty bucks a week. That's only it's only here three months. That's only three sets of bills.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, you're right, My niece is coming here for eight weeks. So she's at University of Colorado or whatever. She's business strategy major or something. I don't know if she needs an internship. So she's gonna come live with me for eight weeks and help me with a lot of different things. You gonna pay her now, I'm going to give her a cool title. I got to think about what that.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can assign her whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're gonna be God of Strategy, God of Strategy.
Speaker 8: Something. Yes, I'm gonna pay her, and I'm giving like she's she wants to come and spend some time in Nashville too, and she can. She's gonna stay with us the whole time, and it'll be fun for her to bond with her cousins. I'm excited about that.
Speaker 3: But that's fun I'll have.
Speaker 8: If anybody needs anything, she'll be around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bills, I don't know about my license late renewal, that seems like a lot of he's got one.
Speaker 8: Besides going to be here eight weeks and then I'm back at it.
Speaker 1: You only got to do that renewal once in a year, you know, get that done.
Speaker 3: You're good. Yeah, all right, we're done. Thank you guys. I appreciate you. We'll see you tomorrow by Buddy