Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Ped Welcome back to Coast to Coast George Norri with you our special guest, Dan Harrari. His book is called After They Came. His website is linked up at Coast tocoastam dot com. Dan, you were talking about your trip to James Gillilan's wrench in the state of Washington. I'll let you finish that.
Speaker 3: Up exactly right. So again to just to recap it a little bit, he had given a lecture at Muffon La about his ranch and showed very convincing videos and films of UFOs and the sky there. So I took a girlfriend and I we spent the three day weekends there. This was the fourth of July weekend eight, two thousand and eight. And again during the days there were guests, speakers and films and slide shows and things. And then at night, George, they built a bonfire in the field there and people, men and women would be dancing around a bonfire, playing guitars and playing tambourines. And believe it or not, at O eight, I still had one of those heavy video cam quarners. You know, they have on with the VHS, the VHS tape, so you know, they weighed what eight ten pounds, So I had that on my shoulder and we're looking up in the sky. The first night, Friday night, were for hours and hours and we're looking up in the sky. Nothing. Nothing happened. Okay, that's fine. The next day, Saturday, same thing, lectures, guests, speakers, seminars, all those things. The Saturday night, the bonfire, the guitars, the tambourine on my camcuarder on my shoulder. We're looking up hours and hours into the sky. Nothing and I'm getting a little nervous, like, you know, I don't think this is going to happen. The third and final day was a Sunday. More lectures, films and seminars, build the bonfire. I have the carder. I said to my girlfriend, I go, barber Igo, you know what, if we leave early, we can beat the traffic because there were probably three hundred cars there. No sooner, George did I say that? Than out of absolutely nowhere, I'd say, a medium sized craft, maybe fifty sixty feet long, appeared above our heads from out of absolutely nowhere. It was like a black teardrop. Shaped craft. It was very dark, but it was directly over our heads. And then the most amazing thing ever happened in my one of the most amazing things in my life. Under the craft, a very bright, dark emerald green light came on under the craft, bright as bright could be. It was the color like from the Wizard of Oz Emerald City, and it flashed on and off above our heads, maybe a dozen times, on and off, as if to say, hello, we're here, we love you, and we know you've been waiting for U. We're in the neighborhood. We wanted to say hello. And then George, the thing it just took off. It vanished, It just took off. I cried. I cried, everyone there cried, hugging, kissing, dancing thing. It was a profound moment in my life. And I can still feel in my heart the warmth and the love and feeling that I got from whatever that was. And I'm telling you that was not a man made craft. That was that was not man made, that was them.
Speaker 2: No wonder you can get addicted to UFOs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, when you have an experience that touches you. I mean, I honestly feel that I've become Since that experience, I've become a warmer person, a more open minded person, more caring person. I was maybe more selfish than before that happened. I feel dramatically changed as a human being because I had that experience. And what I would tell people young people now out there, you know, don't look at your phone all the time. Don't look down at your phone. Maybe take it afternoon to look up sometimes, you know, you never know.
Speaker 2: Any look out that's right. Yeah. What do you think of these balloons that we claim that we have shot down over the last several months?
Speaker 3: All right, so I have very strong opinion about this, and thank you for asking me that one. Okay, in February, as we all know, there was a Chinese, man made, Chinese balloon that flew over the United States, got on TV every night.
Speaker 2: And one may have just done it over Hawaii today too.
Speaker 3: I just heard that shortly. Yeah, I heard that a few hours ago. Yeah, I wonder what that was. Well, the one that flew over the United States was clearly man made, and they our government said it was Chinese. And I don't know about you, but I saw them on CNN. I saw them fishing it out of the Atlantic ocean. Still, you know, yeah, that was shown. Okay, fine, Chinese man made balloon fished out of the ocean. Okay, that's fine. We know it was man made. The week later, as you know, George and most of your listeners probably know, three days in a row, February tenth, eleventh, and twelfth, Three days in a row, the American military shot down UAPs. The first one was over Alaska, the second one was over Canada, third one was over Lake three days in a row. The pilots reported the first one as being the size of a car, of a small car. I believed the second or third one was cylindrical. And for whatever reason, the media and even President Biden I watched them on TV. Balloons balloons, balloons, well you know yeah, yeah, yeah, well the China balloon, the China balloon, and yeah, the other three, yeah, were probably balloons. I don't think so. I think the other three were remarkable craft. And George, they've never shown us the debris. They've never shown us the video from the pilots that shot them down. I'm sure there was video of the.
Speaker 2: Pilot shooting, and you know they've recovered.
Speaker 3: This stuff, of course. Yeah, that's another thing people say, oh, you know, they probably couldn't have recovered it. They got the China balloon out of the Atlantic Ocean. As far as I know, the Atlantic Ocean is pretty deep. They couldn't get at least one or two or three of the other three. Of course they did, they got them. President Biden went on TV and said, you know, yeah, there's been a lot of balloons going on, and then you know, the China balloon, and you know, and then the one over Alaska. I saw him do this. He said, the one over Alaska, we believe was a balloon hobby group out of Montana, and you know, and the other ones were probably balloons as well. George, you know, a good magician, a good magician does a magic trick and has the audience looking at his right hand. Meanwhile he's doing the magic with his left hand. And I felt that way. And Georgia was watching President Biden, who I actually admire, and I was thinking, Toman, Joe, you can do this, you can do this. All you have to say right now to the world, Joe is just say, we believe these three UAPs may not have been man made. That's all he had to say, may not have been man made those few words, he would have become the disclosure president, and so many wonderful things could have happened. He said, No, it's balloons, balloons, balloons. I don't believe they're balloons. A lot of people in upology that I've been meeting the last three months, nobody believes that those were balloons.
Speaker 2: But you're right, it has been very quiet after they went down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, where's the New York Times, where's CNN? Where's even Fox or MSNBS? Where are the major outlets? Why don't they go? Mister president? Okay, here's the thing that's two months ago, almost three months ago, mister president, you know what happened to those UAPs? Or here's the thing, George. A few weeks ago, as you know, doctor Sean Kirkpatrick did a talk that's right Senator Gillibrand, and I watched it and I was waiting for I'm like, come on, ask them about the UAPs. Just ask them, you know, did we recover the UAPs? Have they been studied? Do you know what? There's not one question, George, not one question about three UAPs that had just happened a few weeks ago. Why aren't the media or a politicians following up. There's no follow up China balloon, China balloon. These other three were not China balloon. So I'm very very annoyed and upset about that.
Speaker 2: You know, these other three objects could have been UFOs following the Chinese balloon.
Speaker 3: Can imagine? Could you imagine? Woudn't that be something? Yeah? I mean, whatever they were. Now, if they were Chinese or Russian, I believe our government would have said these were Chinese or Russian. Some people I've heard said, well, maybe they were our own craft. I don't think our military is going to shoot down our own craft. That's a stretch to.
Speaker 2: Me, not intentionally at least.
Speaker 3: Right right, Although whoever runs the UFO cover up black ops out of Washington, or if the descendants of Majestic twelve, or whoever it may be, perhaps they just fly Willy Nelly and didn't tell anybody else. I can't I personally, just in my heart, I can't believe that those were man made objects. We shot down three extraterrestrial craft, and nobody, including our president, had the courage to tell us about it.
Speaker 2: As a publicist, who would you say? Dan has been with some of the most influential people in Hollywood dealing with UFO movies and things like that.
Speaker 3: Well, my buddy Steven Spielberg would certainly come to mind. I actually had the honor of meeting him at an event in twenty ten.
Speaker 2: And it's a genius, just just.
Speaker 3: A remarkable guy. Let me tell you about that if I can. In twenty ten, Universal Studios had a rededication of their back lot because in two thousand and eight the backlot had been destroyed by a fire. So in twenty ten there was a big press conference. I was one of the publicists for that. Arnold Schwarzenegger was the governor at the time. He was the guest speaker, and Steven Spielberg was the other guest speaker, and George. We had media from all over the world. It was unbelievable, Like it was like the Oscars, and it's just tons and tons of and they cut a ribbon. You know. They reopened the backlot at Universal after the fire. After that, all this press, this huge line of press. Arnold Arnold, aren't Governor Arnold Swartz, Arnold over here, Arnold, let me talk to you, Arnold Arnold. Everyone there. George wanted Arnold. I'm standing there next to Stephen Spielberg. No one else, George, no one else was even looking at He wasn't literally standing in a shadow like he was shy, he wasn't talking to anyone. I'm like, there's Stephen Spielberg and me. So I went up to him that this is a funny story. Stephen's late mother, Leah Adler, had a kosher dairy restaurant a block from my house, literally a block from my house. It's called the Milky Way. And when my mother used to come to town to visit me in La my mother and I would have lunch with Leah Adler at the Milky Way many times, and she'd sit with us and tell us by Stephen did this, and my Stephen did that, and she would regale us with stories about her Stephen. So I went up to Spielberg in twenty ten, and as I'm walking up to him, I'm like, what do you say to Stephen Spielberg. Schindler's list was a masterpiece. Okay, he knows that I loved et all right, he knows that the Jurassic Park was scary. He knows that I go up, I go Stephen, my name is Dan. I said, your mother makes the best Blintzes I've ever had in my life. And George, he took my hand and he goes, you know what, You're right, she does makes the best blinz. And Stephen and I had a moment and that's when we bonded.
Speaker 2: I mean, he came up with some great UFO movies, Close Encounters of the Third kind et just remarkable work.
Speaker 3: Close Encounters. I watched that movie once or twice a year. I just thought again two weeks ago. And George, every single time I've seen it, I figure at least fifty or sixty times.
Speaker 2: Honestly, where's Dreyfus, by the way, hasn't in a movie in a while?
Speaker 3: Boy, that's a good question. That's a really good question.
Speaker 2: When I is he okay healthwise?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know. I do know that I don't know if I should say this. I do know that Jack Nicholson is not doing well.
Speaker 2: No, I heard that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a client who's one of his best friends.
Speaker 2: You know, Michael Levine, the publicist.
Speaker 3: I know who he is. We've crossed path.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a good guy too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But Steven, Yeah, with close Encounters. I mean, every time I watch that movie, I cry at the end. It's so wonderful and so imaginative. I love when doctor j Allen Heinech you know you you know that when he's there with his pipe.
Speaker 2: Yep, the real one, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he was in that movie. I recently met Paul Heinek at Alien Conn.
Speaker 2: Paul's a great guy. His son, Yeah, yeah, yeah. Have you met Jacques Valet, No, no, I've not. He is the one where in the movie Close Encounters, the French guy Lecombe right played his parts right right.
Speaker 3: Earl Gray Anderson is reading. I think it is a Jock la something volume five or some book that he just put out recently. It's supposed to be the ultimate book on the history of uthology.
Speaker 2: He does a great job. Well, let's tak some time to talk about after they came. It's a novel. But set us up. What's it about?
Speaker 3: Okay? So when I came up with this premise, I wanted to do something with benevolent aliens and a lead character who discovers that his late father was involved with the UFOs. That's the germ that came into my brain. So I came up with a guy. I based this guy on myself, but like an opposite land, like this guy turning seventy years old. The lead character in the book, his name is Jonathan Tuckerman. He lives in Los Angeles. He has a business that's failing. His children don't speak to him. He's unlucky in love, and he decides to commit suicide on his seventieth birthday by swimming out to the sea, the lp of Malibu. He goes to Malibu, takes a swim to kill himself. That's the opening of the whole book. He just wants to die and George. As he's drowning, an enormous UFO comes up from the Pacific Ocean right above him. Huge enormous, beautiful diamond shaped craft multicolored beams him on board slowly, then hovers over all of Los Angeles and arrives at Dodger Stadium. There it's met by media and police and fire trucks and ambulances, military vehicles because they've been following this craft across Los Angeles and at Dodger Stadium. Two magnificent tall, white Nordic beautiful alien seven feet tall, male and female slowly and gently beamed down to the Earth, long white, long, white hair, pale skin, blue eyes, shimmery robes, and they say, people of Earth, don't be afraid. We're here to help you. We love mankind. We've been coming to Earth for ten ends of thousands of years. We helped your civilization advance. We are your allies. We want to help you cure your insurmountable problems. And then they point to the guy that they just saved out of the Atlantic Ocean. They beam him down and he's naked and flopping around like a fish, and they say, believe it or not, we have a relationship with this man. This man is our conduit to mankind. We are going to work solely through him to cure your problems. So any problems you have on the Earth go to this guy. He's going to be your ambassador to us, and we'll use our technology to help you. The beautiful aliens get on the ship, the ship vanishes, this guy is lowered down to second base, and now he's the most famous man in the world. He's been on live global TV because of this craft and these aliens, and everyone goes, who are you? Who the hell are you? And he goes, I have no idea what's happening. I don't know. They take him to the White House. He meets the President, George. When I first wrote the first draft of this book twenty seventeen, Oprah Winfrey there was a rumor she was going to run for president. You might recall that.
Speaker 2: I remember that, Yeah, remember.
Speaker 3: So when I was first writing the outline, I thought, you know what if Oprah Winfrey was the president, wouldn't She's such a war wonderful person and everyone loves her. So I based my president on on on Oprah.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern, and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more