Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back. We're extra black today we're brown.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: I'm like like Waite from Andy's Jump, and She's look like me, like, where are we going with this?
Speaker 2: No, because I was just sitting here kind of like I'm still buzzing from our conversation with today's guest. Y'all. I think I might have had you know how Tiffany always says that Christina and a Mon were like her life changing, life changing episode of Brown Ambition. I feel like Terry was my life changing episode of I have so much work to do, but she truly has inspired me to actually now she has helped me see I know stuff about trading. I know some things. Okay, I'm ready to take it to the next level. And I feel like Terry just was so I don't know if she's so calm, and she is so the antithesis of anything I've ever thought or seen when it comes to people who trade. Yep, Like I didn't know people like Terry existed.
Speaker 1: She seems she's kind, she's knowledgeable. I just think you guys are gonna like love when I say love this interview. It's the type of interview that you were going to want to share. You know how we always like make sure you share with your friends, make sure you share in group chat. You were not even got to say all that, because you're going to want to because it is transformative. Make sure you listen to the end, because we are partnering with Terry to do something really fun with our BA listeners. Child, it's gonna be transformative for the lives of some of our BA listeners. And I think it's just going to be super.
Speaker 2: Exciting, awesome. And do we even say who we're talking to today, We're just like Terry Gyoma. It's how you pronounce it, Terry Jyoma. She is the founder of Trade and Travel and listen. Everything you need to know is in the name. This woman has become a multi millionaire just in the past few years, right Yeah. Not only has she been trading her way to wealth, but she has been teaching in such a wonderful way. I mean she has the number one or had the number one course unteachable? How much all still does the number course unteachable?
Speaker 1: Like? How many courses are there?
Speaker 2: She has taught hundreds of students from around the world how to earn supplementary income with trading. They're living their best life, and with Terry's course, hopefully so can you. But we got some free advice from her today and kind of learn more about her her investing philosophy. And I think the best thing that I learned that I learned from Terry was how small you can start with and how you don't necessarily need tens and tens of thousands of dollars to make a little bit of money that can truly change. It can certainly help you reach your goals and ultimately maybe even change your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just excited for you guys to hear because it's just it's a departure from you know, like the bro culture sometimes that investing can be. So it's here from this amazing woman that's literally kicking ass and taking names. I would say that Terry's not She's so Christian, so she's not gonna say ass like me.
Speaker 2: And taking names, saving lives with the money that she's earning.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, She's just amazing. So I just cannot wait. So without further adode, we've got mine save Nijerry and Trader, she's here. We've got Terry with Terry from Trade and Travel. If you don't know Terry. I'm sure you've seen folks holding up plaques that they've been able to trade to make a thousand dollars in a day. That's one of her goals. So she has for her students, and Terry is amazing. I decided when I took my six weeks off, it's one of the things that I did with my time that I invested in the course. I called you, Mandy member. I was like, Mandy, I'm going to be a bit jillionaire. Remember, I was like, trade.
Speaker 2: Aren't she supposed to be on vacation, But okay, I'm on.
Speaker 1: Board, and so yeah. It's what I really love about Terry is that not only is she like a dope sister who's teaching stuff to everyone that we might not normally have access to. I also love that, prior to this, like myself, she was an educator. So when I took her course, I could I could see it, and I could feel it, and I was just like, oh, this is from someone who understands the learning process of adults, you know, because I didn't feel overwhelmed. So welcome Terry.
Speaker 3: Hey, Tiffany and Mandy, how are you.
Speaker 2: We're doing great? It's so nice to meet you. I do feel like Tiffany is one of your many fans who I have just that I've been hearing them rave about you and I started following you on ig and I love you. Just seem so positive and you make it seem so possible. You're like just casually Manah, I made one hundred grand today. I'm just gonna go to McDonald's now and grab some dinner for the family. I just made that up. I don't know if you actually eet McDonald's.
Speaker 3: But dude, like McDonald's. Their chicken sandwiches are on point. The nuggets, I'm not sure that's real meat, but it's the same.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's not, you know, but yet delicious. What I am dying to know. How did you get into trading? So you I think you and Tiffany have this in common. You both have a background in education. Is that right? Tell me about Terry pre bajillionaire status trading every day all not all day because you've somehow been it'ed to still have a life, which really goes against the image I had in my head. You know, you try to tell yourself a story so that you talk yourself out of something like Trading's not for me. I don't want to be tied to a computer all day. I don't want to like not see my family and be stressed out all the time. But you're doing it in this phenomenal way where it still seems like you have all your marbles and you're able to have this fun, whole, you know, life. So I'm excited to hear about that. But let's start at the beginning. Where did you Yeah, how did you get your start in trading? And what were you doing before that?
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy. I actually learned about trading in high school. I did this program called Lead and it's where they like take kids who are doing really well in school and they put them into business school. So I went to Northwestern University and they showed us how to trade stocks. Well, actually they showed us all kinds of business stuff. Before that, I wanted to be an architect. And then they took us to the business school and they were like, okay, guys, these are all the things you can do in business. And they took us to the Chicago Stock Exchange. So that was really my first introduction.
Speaker 2: No one ever says that about school, I think, I mean, I built the paper rocket in school. That was the highlight of my That's amazing.
Speaker 3: You know What's crazy though, Like my senior year, Google had their IPO, So if you can imagine, Google was just coming out. It was eighty three dollars a share, and I had just heard in this like summer program about stocks and trading. So I went to like every teacher, every like I went to my grandmother, she'd be like, girl, we ain't got no money on it. We'll talk about. But then I went to my teachers and was like, how do I get into this? Nobody knew anything. And it's kind of cool because out full circle, I'm teaching people, and I'm like, if my first of all, if I had known what to do, I would I'd be so much further ahead now eighty three dollars now it's over two thousand, or it goes kind and back and forth. But like, gosh, like how much different could my life have been? But then again, like what if my teachers had known what to tell me when I went to them interested and trying to do something different and trying to improve my life. What if they knew like, oh, the first thing you do is open a brokerage account. Okay, you don't have that much money, but eighty three dollars Tracy or my name is Terry Lutree. So that's what my teachers would have called me back then in high school. But they would have been like, Okay, if you keep your job at j. C. Penney's because I was. I was a j. C. Penneyes girl. I worked at the watch counter. If you keep your job, you can take I know, right, you can take that income and just put it into a brokerage account. Like what if they knew how to tell me that, But they didn't, And I ended up going in my tee for undergrad because I still wanted to know, just.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, let's go to the pols. Just slip that in and my tea, what did you study at M I t management?
Speaker 3: I was going to manage. All the engineers got it. Yeah, they were like, nobody knows that MITS like has business school. They always think it's just for engineering because engineering is number one. But at the time we were number two for management too, but nobody like really talked about that. But yep, went to Sloan for undergrad, interned on Wall Street at Morgan Stanley and that's how I learned more about stocks. But I'm like you, Mandy, when you were like I don't want to you know, like everybody sees finance and they're like, I just don't want to do that, like it's so negative and bad. But the thing is, like I thought that way too, Like after the internship, they were like, Terry, do you really want to work here? And I was like, you know, this is up the devil. I'm about to go do something else. Like I literally said that in my final interview, and that was not the right thing to say.
Speaker 1: Oh no, wait, was not at all? What about it?
Speaker 2: It was of the first of all, I love that expression. What about it was so bad? What was turning you off?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: The the honest truth was the actual job was good. So the whole sentence that I told them was I used to think that this was from the devil, but now I like it and want to work here. They didn't hear the second part of the sentence, Like clearly they didn't hear that part. They just heard the first part. But I think it's like it's a mindset thing, like in our households, we're not taught that money is good we're taught that money is bad and we're taught that, like you don't want to work in a building for twenty four hours a day, and it's you're never gonna have a life, like, you know, we hear all these things about Wall Street. So that's where that thought had come from. It was really just like a concept in my head. It wasn't the truth. It wasn't the truth at all.
Speaker 2: So what in that interview was, so were you were you wanting a career at that point or were you just like ready to you know, just say, you know, this is not for me, Thank y'all very much, I'm moving on.
Speaker 3: I'm Nigerian, so of course I wanted the offer, but I already had in mind that I was going to go into consulting. Like I wanted them to be like, yes, I will give you millions of dollars, and I wanted to be able to be like, nah, that's okay. I already got this job in consulting, and like literally that's what I did. Like I had a job in consulting at Monitor Group and that's where I was helping businesses and one of our clients was teach for America and I went into this long ten year track in education. From that, I worked at in consulting and then went over and moved into the administrative side of Teach for America, helping teachers learn how to teach better. I did the operation sides of the teacher trainings in Houston. We shout out to Houston Institute if anybody was in Houston Institute. And then from there I went to Like, my my journey is very weird. I went to seminary after that, like, I worked for TFA for three and a half years and was like, I'm gonna go learn about the Bible. I've always wanted to do something fun. And then worked for a ministry and then came in was an assistant principle of an elementary school and in that yeah, girl, old.
Speaker 2: You look to be about twenty five, and yet you're telling me the life of someone who's had like fifty five life lifetimes and one whoa okay, good night.
Speaker 3: I will take that. I will take that all day. Give me an extra ten twelve years, okay, but yeah, all of that. And then when I was assistant principal. I know this is the longest story, but to tell you when I became assistant principal. I thought that it was everything I wanted it to be, and it was not. I was stressed all the time. I was crying in the bathroom. I was like literally like dragging to go to work in that building every day because of the administration, and I needed an excess strategy. And for me, I went back to where I had come from ten years ago, that little hobby that I had of trading stocks, and said, I think that I can make this a real thing. If I could just make three hundred dollars a day, I can replace my assistant principal and come. And I started working towards that, taking classes, practicing trading every day. And when I got to that three hundred dollars a day, I quit and started living my real dream, which was traveling all over the world and trading stocks.
Speaker 1: When was that?
Speaker 2: How long it was? How long ago was that when you quit that?
Speaker 3: I was twenty seventeen, AO, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So were you scared, Terry? You know, like when I made the lead from teacher to budgetista, I was really afraid. And I kind of always had like I can always go back to becoming a teacher in my back pocket. Low Ki, I still say that now. But you you know, I didn't have a choice in making the leap, but you chose. Were you scared, you know, during that time, or were you just feeling like, you know what, the world is my oyster and you know, and I'm gonna I'm just going to dive straight in.
Speaker 3: I wish I could have said that, girl, I was so scared. I was so scared, Like I was scared to the point that, like I knew I needed to have the conversation with my principal. When I was quitting and I hid in my friend's hospital room, I like pretended he was my boyfriend and he was not. I was like, you know what, he's not feeling good, and he's my boyfriend and I've got to be with him every moment of every day. And my principle was like, but the phone works inside the room, and I was like, no, it doesn't work in here. I didn't say that for real, but really I did, Like I was so afraid to have the conversation to leave because like this was a cushy job, Like I had worked so hard all year so that the next year was going to be easier, like I had like I had done all the things, and now I was gonna leave and start training full time, like no, And then on top of that, like I was so afraid because I had said that I wanted to travel, but then like I got scared of that. So I got a lease. And I'm a God girl, so like I fully felt that God was telling me, you should go travel and you should train. But I was like, Okay, God, how about this. I'll do one of those but not the other. I will trade, but I'm gonna stay right here, close to home, so if anything goes wrong, I can go back to my mom or I can go live with my aunt because I needed a comfort of a blanket, a security blanket. But do y'all know I lived on the twenty fifth floor and that apartment flooded.
Speaker 2: Wait, wow, someone's pool leaked. What happened?
Speaker 3: So apparently I found out from the janitor. Apparently somebody was like cooking drugs two floors above me on the twenty seventh floor. The sprinklers, I know, right, the sprinklers went off, and then something happened where the sprinkler pipe didn't work gray and it flooded just my corner of the building. So all of the units on my corner were flooded out and I literally had to like give up everything and only had two suitcases left to my name.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I mean you said, and this they bring God into it. I'm like, that's pretty biblical, that feels.
Speaker 1: And you know that strikes again. Wasn't there a.
Speaker 2: Meth lab in the Bible? And I can't remember the one I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: I went back in the old Testament yep.
Speaker 2: That one, very old testament?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, girl, it was Man, it was crazy. So for me that was the Okay, no matter how afraid you are, this has gotta be bigger than you. You better go. How much.
Speaker 2: Do you mind answering that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I actually had thirty five thousand that I had moved over from my old retirement accounts. So in that like remember I told you, like I had quit this job and then went to this job, Like, I had money left in those old four some of them are four or three b's and the four oh one K and I moved those over it to self directed IRA. So I had thirty five thousand in that account.
Speaker 2: Was that all on your retirement money or just like the leftover you put not that that was just your four one K you cashed out?
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, Well because remember while I okay, I didn't tell you guys this, but I had been trading as a side hustle while I was still working in all those education jobs. So I was maxing out my four excuse me, my four oh one k, like I and one job. I was putting in eighteen thousand a year one year because I didn't need the money, got it?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So I had that like about eighteen thousand, and then each company had matched like when I went up to five percent, then the companies had matched that too. So to me, thirty five thousand for like a lot of money at the time, because I was only making like sixty thousands. So I was like, I got half my my income saved up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I was just asking because it sounded like you had no money left, like you took your only four one K and you were just living off of that money while you quit your job. But you actually had like other other retirement accounts and investments on the side that were also sustaining you. Right, am I getting that wrong?
Speaker 3: Great question? It actually was more like I was investing with thirty five thousand and I might have had I had some money from insurance, like after the flood. Then I got some insurance money, so I was living off of that, and then I had the thirty five thousand in my retirement.
Speaker 1: Okay, mm hmm, So you.
Speaker 2: I still don't get it. I'm confused. No to shout, but I need to understand.
Speaker 1: No, So you had money in your retirement account that you withdraw instead of rolling it over to another retirement account, correct, Terry.
Speaker 3: Yes, I had first put it into a self directed IRA and then moved it from the IRA to cash account.
Speaker 1: Because you said, you know what, I can do better with my money than my retirement account can do with my money. But yes, you had other money that you had saved that you were actually living off of.
Speaker 3: Yes, but not a lot. To tell you, guys, the truth, I didn't have just a whole bunch of other money. This was definitely only a faith move.
Speaker 1: So you were like dangerously right. That's why, man, He's like, wait a minute. You was just out here like, oh these traits.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting for the part where you said you had saved two hundred thousand dollars. No, I'm kidding, but no, So you took that thirty five k, and you were like, this is my trading money. Let's make some magic happen. Because up until that point, how much had you been working with us in terms of your trading, Like how much were you trading at a given time?
Speaker 3: Still that that same thirty thousand. So the goal was I have thirty thousand, I'm trying to make one percent of it on a regular basis, that's three hundred dollars, and I would keep that base amount and then live off of the money that I make.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you had been using that for some time. It wasn't like you left your job and you you had already been using that money to trade with to make your two hundred bucks and three hundred bucks a month, And once you were like, okay, I'm really here. Let's let's rock and roll and just do this full time.
Speaker 2: Yes, gotcha? Okay, So from that three hundred goal, you level it up to a thousand bucks a day.
Speaker 3: Yes, as I've been as I was trading, so it's stayed at a three hundred until I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, my mind, I'm liking the three hundred. I feel like people, you know, you haven't lost me yet. Like that sounds possible. It's very like it wasn't like some you know, like incredibly you know, high goal to start with, you know, like you really it felt it feels to me like you were starting at like a reasonable pace. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I tell my students to try to make like one percent of your cash amount, and that's doable. When you think about a lot of traders, they'll give you the extrava extravagant like I want to go for the maserati, I want to make a million dollars. No, no, just do one percent of your cash amount. And there's five trading days in a in a week, so that's five percent return a week if you can be consistent. Now, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. So like this is a goal and an average. It's not like I have to make this every day, but it's a goal. And even if you do that, like just say you did that five times a month, that's still five percent a month. That's that's twenty percent in four months. Now our goal is twenty percent a month. But you don't have to work that hard. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: It does? You're such a teacher. I was like, oh, she checked.
Speaker 2: She slowed all right down.
Speaker 1: For me checked understanding. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: I was like, miss Woodruff, Miss Woodruff, are you following?
Speaker 1: No? And honestly, that's such a realistic goal. And I'm glad you shared that because I think, I mean, Mandy and I have definitely seen and I'm sure you have to terry that. You know, as a result of like economic uncertainty, quarantine pandemic, everyone has been racing to trading. I never heard this many people, regular regular people talk about trading the way they are now, and but everyone's thinking that they're going to get like the masariety and the mansion and whatever right away. So to hear you give a realistic explanation of returns, it's good. I think people can say, Okay, one, I can do it too, and two that doesn't seem so crazy one percent a day, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, And I think people need to put it in perspective. The average return for like a longer term investor is eight to ten percent a year. Yeah, So for me to say, try to aim for one percent on a regular basis, Like, even if you do that eight times within a year, you've met the average. Now if you can do it a few more times than that, you're beating the average. So when people say, oh, you know, I'm going to start with two thousand and make forty thousand, like that doesn't even make sense. Making the first two thousand would be one hundred percent return when the average is eight to ten percent. So don't go for one hundred percent return. Go for small, bite size returns that you can you know, add up over time.
Speaker 2: So when you are someone, I imagine a lot of the students in your in your class which has been incredibly I think you have it's unteachable. It was like a number one class on teachable or something. Congratulations, that's amazing. So I bet a lot of your students probably are wondering, you know, how much of my money should I be trading with? Well, you have, and what's your advice to them, especially if they may have other obligations you have mortgage, or they have other goals or retirement and maybe some student loan debt. How do you help them figure out where to start and how much to start with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, trading is a skill set, so let me start there. It's something that you need to grow to become better at. So when you're first starting, I think you should start with just enough to open it brokerage account and then trade with a simulator, which is fake money until you become good. So I'd say start there. You don't have to put all your money in. I have one person. She reached out to me. She's like, Terry, I got forty five thousand dollars, I'm ready to invest. Where do I put it? I was like, girl, you know what, you leave it right there for a minute, and I'm gonna ask you to take just five hundred of it and let's start there first. Then I know right. She's like really, I'm like yes, because it's a skill set, like you got to get good at it first. Then from there after you see that, Okay, I'm learning trade and travel, I'm learning Terry's method with invest with Terry method, then go to two thousand. At two thousand dollars, one of the things that we work with is things called margin account, and that can be very risky, I understand. But at two thousand dollars, you can open that kind of account and have access to more tools from a broker. So two thousand dollars is the next goal, and then you're trying to still make just that one percent return. So you're trying to make twenty dollars on a regular basis. If you can get good and be consistent, that means you're making one hundred dollars a week four hundred dollars extra a month, which I will say with smaller amounts like two thousand, is a little more challenging but doable. After that, once you're seeing, okay, Terry, I think I'm getting good at this. I'm seeing my one percent return on a regular basis, then you can start putting more money in your account and that'll be up to you, depending on what your goals are.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense, No, it does. I love that. So my sister Carol is she's like our resident investor, but honestly, for the last like a year and a half, she was using the simulator accounts because she was so nervous and scared, even though she's been like investing since like college. I remember when she was telling us about this new company called Tesla, and I was like, girl, what are you talking about. Let's try the cars. Sounds crazy to me, and she's like, well, I'm putting fifteen hundred dollars in and I think at the time, Terry, it was like thirty dollars a share, and then it went up to like sixty one hundred, and she's like, you should do it now, Tiffany. I was like, no, not me. And then and now we all know the end of that story. And I look back and I'm like, why didn't you tell me more? She's like, girl, I told her. And I remember her coming to like Thanksgiving and saying like, hey, cause she's an engineer. So she was really excited about, like, you know, the advent of like you know, and a viable electronic car and like, so it really was her field. And she's a mechanical engineer. So yeah, so so she really wants to get into trading, but she was nervous and she so she's been doing a simulator for a year and a half and so finally she over the last couple of months, she jumped into like actually trading with her real money. But she's like one of these super super nervous Nellies. But she as her engineering job. She was let go during the pandemic because they just, you know, they just could not afford to keep really anyone. And she's like, you know what, She's got two little kids, they're six and four, and she's like, I actually don't want to go back to work, you know, like I want to be home. And so now because she's like a really good savor, all of us really are well except for Lisa boo on. Lisa's a baby, and I.
Speaker 2: Ain't gonna call out lisas that's very nice during to say, yeah, I used to list people, Oh my god, like oh no, she's She's Noterian, so that's not all you talk about.
Speaker 1: So so, but I'm really proud of her because to your point, Terry, she's really just like, Okay, she she took it really slowly. She practiced practice practice, she built her skill set, and even now the amount of money that she's investing with is not nearly like all that she has saved. And you know, like she'll call me every week and be like, oh my god, I'm mad two hundred dollars. Oh my god, I lost two hundred dollars. So like, I'm really proud of her, and I really can see herself in the next six months to a year really rocking and rolling. And so I'm praying that she doesn't have to go back to work, but it can really be so life changing. Can you share with us like some of like the amazing like life changing stories of people that you've helped with your trade and travel course and how you know they were able to just live a different life as a result.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's so good when you have a goal too. I think that makes it so much better. So, like I have one student, Crystal, and her goal was to renovate her kitchen, and her husband told her like, well, this is all the money you gonna get, like you either use this renovate the kitchen or whatever. And so she said, well, Terry, I decided that I was going to trade with the money to make the money to renovate the kitchen. So she actually had I think her kitchen was going to cost her about thirty thousand. So I will say, you can start making like bigger returns when you get to that twenty to thirty thousand range. I wanted people to know that because some people are going to say, well, can I make a thousand dollars a day with five thousand, It'll be a little tougher. You can, but it's tougher. But she had about I think she said thirty thousand that she was going to use for the kitchen renovation. She put it into an account, and she actually traded within six months and made the same amount of money for her kitchen. So she used the money she traded with to renovate the kitchen. And then she has the money in her account still to like do another project. Yes, so so cool. And then I have another student she actually like paid off all her dabt, Like I paid off my student loans, but like when my students do it, that's more important. Like she paid off one hundred thousand dollars of student loan debt with trading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing and life transforming, like not just waiting around.
Speaker 3: Yes. Then then there's smaller goals, like those are big ones. But some of the smaller goals is I have one student. He just wants to pay off his car notes so that he can have whatever car he wants and not have to worry about his wife telling him no. And so like he pays three I think it's like two seventy four. It's his payment his car payment every month, and he just makes enough trading to pay for the car. And then I have a couple other students, like one of them she's getting chemo treatment and so she's been actually trading while she's in the hospital, so she's like, it keeps my brain moving, it keeps me energized and motivated. So it's it's small things. It's learning a new skill, it's making sure that you're taking care of little things so that your wife doesn't have to worry about it, or even just like bigger things like paying off debt. So it's it's been really cool.
Speaker 2: I know when Tiffany mentioned, you know, your sister coming and talking about Tesla for me, and then Terry what you said about having a goal in mind, I feel like for me, what's really what can be stressful is when you're kind of caught, whether it's on social media. Just yesterday, there was a an investing influencer that I follow and he was he was kind of taking a dump on one of the ETFs that I had bought last year, which I'm doing fine and thank you very much, but he was like, oh, this ETF is not performing.
Speaker 1: I told you all, ha ha ha.
Speaker 2: And I feel like those those comments from friends or social media, they can sort of they make you feel like, oh, am I missing out on something or do I not know something? And for me, what I feel like I'm personally missing with my because I do trade. We have about ten thousand dollars. Well, we started with like five thousand dollars and now it's up to like fourteen, and I feel like what I'm kind of missing. Well, thanks, what we're kind of missing is like a strategy. So I hold myself back. I don't really know what my strategy is other than like, oh this sounds pretty good, or also I like pelotons, so let me get some stock, or people are using technology, so I'm going to get that technology easy, you know what I mean. So strategy wise, where do you how do you help people figure out the strategy and what's like a simple way an entry point to stock trading.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think it's really important to have a trading plan. That's where your strategy comes in. And then my strategy includes like it's four big pieces, but then like I can, I can even go a little further for the more advanced. But the first thing is you got to have some criteria around what stocks you're choosing and when you have like each person may have some different criteria, but part of mine is I'm looking for healthy companies. I'm not a penny stock girl. I'm not like a skeptical Oh I heard somebody say this in the bathroom, and I'm just gonna like pick that up. Like, No, the companies that I'm trading are the same ones. I don't see y'all laughing, But it's like not the bathroom. But sometimes you do hear the random people are the beauty show and you're like, oh, maybe I should try that one. No, like there's some set criteria around how to pick the right company. Then there you have to have some criteria around when do you take money off the table, Like what's your risk management plan? And for me, that includes how am I calculating my reward to risk ratio? How am I calculating how many shares that I take, my quantity size? How am I calculating even when I take the trade? Like your entry point makes so much difference, and so that's like another part of my plan. I'm looking at charts to determine my entry point. And that's going to be as people think about their strategy, Like when do you enter a trade If I get into Apple at one hundred and thirty dollars and you get into Apple at one hundred and fifty dollars, we're both in Apple, but I got in at a better time. So I'm using charts to figure that out, right, And then we're figuring out so then I have the whole little trading plan. But like when do you exit a trade? Are you a long term trade that never exits because you just believe so much in this company? Or are you exiting when you see a certain thing happen in the chart, or are you exiting when you hit a goal? There's like a whole exit strategy. So I personally have a seven step strategy. But those are some important parts that are included or should be included in your plan.
Speaker 2: So that's seven step strategy you can you can find out by getting your course, I imagine right travel.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I'm not a C minus student right about now, but I also love that part. I'm a part of my plan, my plan.
Speaker 3: But get the week four because that's when we put it all together.
Speaker 1: In week four, I would to say that I'm like, at the very beginning of week I was like super a gung ho, and then man it was right. I was like, Giry's supposed to be on vacation, So.
Speaker 3: What happens happens, and it is true, because I too was like, are you on vacation? I'm so proud of you, and you're like, I'm in the course.
Speaker 2: Stivity in the course. Is it all simulator though? Is it fake? Like you're playing with fake money to start with?
Speaker 3: Actually is going to be up to you as a student. Some students are are super like I'm getting in right now. The way I learn is with real money. I of course encourage you to start with with the fake money first so that you can, you know, learn and become good. But some tudents in.
Speaker 1: Girl, please you know me, I'm a scarny girl. I'm still simulating it. Get it, get.
Speaker 2: It like that makes me less scared. I just assumed with a course like that that you would want people to put in real money. Meanwhile, it's so silly because, like I said, like, what was it last week? I didn't realize I had money because I had made money on my trading account through my brokerage, Like you know that that money I talked about. I think we had three thousand dollars that we could put back, and it's just been sitting there just doing nothing. And I was like, oh, let me go on up there and go shopping. I bought some apple and I bought some other stuff and I can't remember now, Oh yeah, I got some solar energies. I'm trying to I like alternative energies now because you know, I own a TESL, so I'm obnoxious that way.
Speaker 3: Just drop it in there. I never wanted, but.
Speaker 1: We always anyway. On our fifteen hundred hours, my sister made over thirty thousand, and that's what she used to be for her wedding.
Speaker 2: I was like, stories like that are amazing, but they're you know. That's why I'm like tear, yes, you know, I mean I think that's lucky, right, but it's hard to teach luck, you know what I mean? Right, Yeah, And so that's I think that's it's fun to have. It's even like I had thought of my my trading money as my play money, but I even think of it's not so much I'm not playing with it. I'm like, I invested. We opened that account a year or two ago. We chose our stocks, and I was just like, let's ride it, you know, long term. That's how I get out of having to trade. I'm just like, oh, I'm a long term investor. I don't touch it. That's my strategy. Isn't that smart? But in the it's almost like having play money on top of that to try to like get those what do you call it, like exploratory or like you're speculating, like you think it's it's like having even a separate bucket for that, you know, the one off stock if you think it's going to be hot. You just can't happen all the time, you know, Mandy.
Speaker 3: I think the big thing though, is that even when people say that they're long term investors, they need the skill set to know when is a good time to get back into another stock, or get into the same stock again, or reinvest cause like the last couple of weeks, I'm not sure when you guys are going to hear this podcast, but like in the end of September of twenty twenty one, like a lot of the tech stocks fail a lot, and that would have been a great time to start reinvesting or getting into some of those stocks that you've been wanting to have, like I've been. I've been following Adobe stock for the longest time, but it was just running. It was way too expensive for me. But in the last in the last month end of September it came down one hundred dollars. Wow, that's a great time to enter the company. It's still a great company. Nothing about the fundamentals of the company has changed, just the market had brought it down. Even for a long term investor like those are the kind of things you need to know from strategy that says, hey, flag alert, this is the time to invest your money, because otherwise you'll have just you know, oh, I got a little extra money. Things are at all time highs. Let me put it in now instead of a strategy behind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny you mentioned that because the ETF that I was talking about that this influencer was taking a dump on was a tech one, and I was like, yeah, it's down a lot of tech. It's got you know, it's top major holding is Tesla, and right behind that is another tech company. It's all very tech. And at least I knew enough.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 2: I get when when someone is talking about a moment in time for whether it's an ETF, because in ETF is like a stock. I mean you can trade it like a stock, right, so it can go up and down throughout the day, which is different. I tried and I was proud that I did check and I was like, How'm I doing? But I didn't make any decisions. I didn't decide to dump it because for me, I mean, that is like a long term goal and I feel like, are the companies in this? Are the companies do I do? I still believe in them and believe in this fund, and you know, I stuck with it. But that little jerk, you know that that that social media tug, it was definitely it was definitely giving me.
Speaker 1: A social media just be tearing apart lives, goals and dreams. But I want to brag on Terry for it like a moment because she's being like super humble. So one. So if you guys have like you don't have my online school, it's it's hosted on think gifig and Terry hosts her online school on teachable. She is the very first school on teachable to cross over the ten million dollar mark, right, Terry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually I'm the first school to coss the twenty five million dollar mark.
Speaker 1: Million, so Keen was in twenty twenty, right, mm hmmm. And then what twenty twenty one is that when you made Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Crossed twenty million and then recently Teachable took me out and they were like, yeah, so you're the first one across twenty five million.
Speaker 1: So no, now to be clear, is it ten million in a year, twenty five million a year, or like come, come, come.
Speaker 3: Lifetime lifetime twenty eighteen that's when I started teaching, So since twenty.
Speaker 1: Eighteen made don't be giving us because we crossed those a twenty million mark.
Speaker 3: I don't forget any take it out to Dinna.
Speaker 1: Think if it tap tap tap, where's my my clams and chowder? You know what?
Speaker 3: I felt that way with what's the one that gives those plaques click funnels? I was like, come on, Teachable, I need some like big record label plaques.
Speaker 1: Yeah too too.
Speaker 2: They get like that, well yeah YouTube girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Because I was looking the other day, I was like, okay, we crossed twenty.
Speaker 2: I don't because they must be taking a cut.
Speaker 1: Girl, right. So that's just incredible twenty five million, But it certainly took us longer than it took Terry. She's slaying. But what I really really really love, bigger than the earnings component is I saw the story. You know, I know how much your faith means to you, and I saw the story about how there were some churches in Texas, remember Texas had those terrible storms Mandy like and.
Speaker 2: So yes, I know it seems like always sadly, I know.
Speaker 1: And so I saw that the story about a pastor that was thinking terry because she donated of her own money five hundred thousand dollars to churches in Texas, and I was just like wow, like for so many people who think that money can be like this like tool for death and destruction and evil, you know, But what I really love is that for you. You know that yes, you make you know, a bunch of money, but to be able to do something like that must have been so transformative. How did that feel?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I absolutely love, Like that's the blessing part of being able to have wealth, like you can then bless so many people. And I know that literally that's what I'm called to do. Like the reason why I've been able to gain money is so that I can then give it to other ministries and other people doing good in the world. Like literally I see myself like there's this one guy, his name is Joseph in the Bible, and I think he gets put in jail like his whole story is crazy, but at the end of the day, like family comes to him and he's able to make sure that everybody's fed. And I see myself in that position now, like I feel like the Lord has allowed me to have this blessing so that I can help other people when they're in need. And that's that's been amazing. It's just been incredible.
Speaker 1: Right, So, well, are you familiar with a woman named Farnush Terry? No, huh.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Farnush is one of me and Manny's like old school og financial friends. And I went to a conference once and she was speaking like on a panel, and she said something that really transformed the way I thought about money because I'd been scared to make a lot of money because I thought, I don't want to be a bad person, And isn't that with money when you make too much? What that means? And she said something that's really powerful that speaks back to what you just shared. She said that if everyone doesn't have the ability or the opportunity, I'll say to achieve great wealth. And if you do, you ought to go forward because there are children that you will help, there are causes that you will serve. As a woman right, She's like, there are opportunities that you'll pour into that other people will overlook. And so as you grow wealth, you are able to be that person to say, you know what, I want the kids in Detroit to go to college. You know what, I want my village in Nigeria to have fresh water. You know what. These are opportunities. These are you know, challenges that other people it won't interest them, you know, but just because it doesn't touch them. And so it's what put that battery in my back to say, go ti f neigo because you know, like I felt guilty about having Now I don't anymore. I'm like girl by, but I did at the moment. You know, it been helped to put the battery in my back to say that one of the tools for great wealth is to be able to help in ways that other people might not have not not be able to. And so I think, you know, when I read that, I was like, I'm gonna put that on my vision board. To be able to donate a significant amount of money in that way, that's that's transformative to a community.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I do want to clarify because sometimes in social media the numbers are all are are gone wrong. So I've given over five hundred thousand, but it's to nonprofits and the churches, so I wanted to make sure that that was clear.
Speaker 1: No. I think that's just amazing and it just speaks to your to who you are as a person, your clarity, your Terry and I am Mandy. We chatted. I think I said it on the podcast once. We chatted maybe like a couple of months ago, and I was like, we were talking this is maybe maybe this is a year ago, but we were talking about like projecting, like, oh, what do I want to make you know, the next year? And I said, oh, I think maybe twenty million, you know, and Terry was like I was thinking fifty. I was like, wait what. But you need those kind of conversations because I limited myself because I was like, there's no way I can do that. And when Terry was like, well, I mean I think I can do it, I was like, well we too. I mean, let me let me erase my vision more. You know, I'm gonna put me down for fifty as well, please, And yeah, I didn't you know, I didn't make fifty this year, but just not that you know, not yet, but I do truly believe that I can and I will. But because I look at Terry, she's regular, you know, woman just like me, Nigerian, black, like kind fun like. You know, like when you meet Terry, you're not you don't think to yourself like this is someone who's untouchable. And so to have an example of someone who is able to achieve, you know, this level of success just makes it more palatable and real for someone like me. So I just I just thank you for showing up fully.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you so much. I really appreciate that. And you know what, the only reason that I can show up is because I've seen other people show up. Like when I seen like you and Danielle Leslie and Rachel Rogers all talk about like your first million dollar months, I was like, oh, that's what we're doing. Now, Okay, we're doing million dollar months. Cool, let's go. And then it was like, okay, we're doing ten million dollar years. Okay, got it. That's got it, let's go. So when you see other people that are doing other things and they have these bigger goals, I think that gives all of us something to aspire to. And now it's like, okay, sis, I see you. Good jobs, keep shining. Let's go okay, like we need each other to be able to do things that are bigger.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's big goals.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously it's such a huge heart. And you said that your faith is really important to you, and I'm and I don't think it's I don't think it's that new. I mean I feel like there's definitely I've read the articles and I might have written one back in the day. The financial advice that is buried in the Bible, not buried, but it's there. So can you talk about your faith? And I know you wanted to talk a little bit about, you know, bringing your faith to the table, bringing your full authentic self to the table, because you know, just as much as your knowledge about the market is a part of who you are, you know your faith also comes with that. And I'm sure that's what draws some of your audience to you. But yeah, talk a little bit about that and your journey and feeling more comfortable and embracing that side of yourself publicly.
Speaker 3: Thank you Andy, thanks for asking me about that, because I so. One of the things that I sponsored, as we were talking about like me sponsoring things, is nonprofit called Polished and they help women who are in the workplace in corporate America to be able to talk about their faith. And they just did this really cool conference called Boldly and I was one of the speakers, and I talked about talking about God and social media. And I think so many times we're afraid to talk about God and social media because we think that like if we say God, then we won't have people like us. We won't you know, we'll lose our followers, or if we say God, then our growth will be limited or stunted because we won't attract the same audience or will turn away people. But one thing I've seen, even in myself is when I talk about God, I draw more people to me. I draw the right people. I draw the people who want to hear more about And maybe it is they just want to make sure that there's morals and values in finance. But we draw the right people to us when we're really able to be our authentic self. So I'm so thankful that you asked me about that, because because, yeah, it's been an important part of my journey and I've got to give God all the glory for everything that's happened in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we're just at this time now where it feels like you're one belief in something. It's almost like people can extrapolate, extrapolate a whole identity based on the fact that you know, you believe in a certain thing or you don't believe in something, and it is it's very it can feel like it can feel like people just take for granted that you have certain beliefs, that you have certain prejudices because maybe you have faith and that is certainly not my experience. And but I totally get what you're saying. It almost it scares people. It's like one of these topics that has become sadly enough, like as often weaponized as it is used as a tool to help people and lift people up. You know, I think we've seen a lot of, you know, a lot of examples where religious religions has been used as an excuse to treat people not so great.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And at the same time, That's why I'm like, yeah, Terry, if you have a compassionate, you know, wonderful, true, like you know, version of faith that you can share with the world and show that you can still be a badass that makes the money. At the same time like that to me, let's have more of that. That's great.
Speaker 3: It's true because a lot of times people will say, like, like this whole idea of a Bible in money is a big issue because there's some people with faith that'll say, well, you know, if you're really making a lot of money, well why don't you do the Christian thing and just give everything for free? Why are you selling anything? And then there's some people that are like, oh, you know, money is the root of all evil. But then there's people like me, and I'm like, I'm the woman in the Bible, Like there's this one one story where it says that there were women that were following along with Jesus and the disciples, and out of their resources they were paying for everything. I'm like, I'm that girl. I'm married with the alabaster box, and alabasta's expensive, but the one that's like breaking open the alabaster to like annoy God because because she had it, but she's giving out of her resources. And I'm hoping that I'm able to encourage more people to do that, like we're able to build wealth so we can really impact change in the world. Because I think Tiftany I've heard you say this before, but like changes made it when you have a seat at the table, and a lot of times you can only get a seat at the table when you have the wealth to be there. Ye, Like we're making sure that we're going to get a seat at the table and that we're really able to impact change with our with our wealth, but also our mindset because we can raise our hand in those rooms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sure. I went to Terry So Terry has like a tour where she has this great new documentary where she shows her move to Mexico, Puerto Rico, my back Puerto Rico. It was it was awesome to see, like the nervousness, the transition to change her house is absolutely it's like empty MTV cribs time. Some of y'all too young us.
Speaker 2: Well, you're full time in Puerto Rico, you live there now, I am. Yeah, her house this year it's by a house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, insane, her house is insane. But then I saw that you also hit a milestone aside from moving to Puerto Rico, where you traded and made a million dollars in Uno Dia. That's one day for y'all who don't speak those Spanish. You know, we're all bi lingual here, a million dollars in one day? That's crazy? Could you ever have imagine that? Like Terry, you know, a principal, assistant principal. Terry's sitting there like, you know, it's too much. Like but like a million dollars in one day. So I have a question how to make a million dollars in one day trading? How much did you have to trade in order to hit that goal? Meaning, yeah, what did you have to use?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I've actually done it a couple of times now, so the excuse for me. The first time it was about eight hundred thousand, so I made over one hundred percent return. But I did have to invest a lot to be there. So for those people who are like, oh, I want to make it, do know that you have to come to the come to the table with some money to be able to invest. But I was investing in Amazon options and they jumped within one day. Actually I did a swing trade though, because if you buy it and sell it in one day, that's a day trade. But I bought it and then sold it the next day, so yeah, so it was a swing trade. It was Amazon options. Loved it. I invested eight hundred thousand. I did it again though, and I had only invested three hundred thousand, So this is yeah, so same. I did it with Amazon options, but I had better timing. So this is when, as you become a better trader, you start learning, Okay, how does this move? When is the best time to get into this? And you're able to have bigger returns with less amounts?
Speaker 1: So yah, did y'all know? She just said she used three hundred thousand dollars to make one million dollars. That's like, you know it's accessible? Oh, terry. Honestly, people I know are foaming at the mouth like a ret rob How do I get me some of the trade for y course? How do they sign up? Honestly? And like what's best practice? Like when they signed up? Because I know people sign up for things and sometimes they don't take action right away. So share with us, like how can people sign up? And then what do you suggest, like how do they start so they can stick with it?
Speaker 3: Yes, So I actually have a free webinar at trade and travel dot com. So you just type in trade the whole word and A and D travel dot com and that takes you to the free webinar on how I teach people to make a thousand dollars in a day. I think that's the best place to start because it teaches you what I teach. You get to see if you like me as a teacher. Start there and then I'm not sure if you guys are going to have a link on the podcast, but that might be the best way for them to actually go straight to the course. Yeah, and then when they're ready, they can click that link and go straight to the course.
Speaker 1: Awesome. I love that too. This is how you know, like a teacher for real, because I love to do that too. That It's not about the gotcha got to give me, give me, give me. It's like, well, first take this free class with me, because you might not like my teaching style. You might not, you know, you'll learn something enough to be like, you know what I can continue I could not. This is why you're you're doing so well because you know, like you can easily. I mean, I've seen people hard sell so much for that. I always tell my mentees that, like, if what you have is good, since you don't, you don't have to throw it shove. You don't have to shove ice cream down my throat. I will eat ice cream. It's yummy, girl. We love it over here.
Speaker 3: I love cokick and cream. I don't know about y'all, but imagine a.
Speaker 1: Hard sell like girl, get you this cookies and can be like, oh, but when something is really good, allowing people to get like a taste of it to see if it's a fit for them, you know, that speaks volumes about integrity and character and just how good your product case. And I can say as someone who's in it now just because you know, I'll be doing the most. But I was. I was really enjoying myself because I was like, okay, Literally there were things and I was like, oh, is that what people have been saying the way you explained it. I was like, that's what that means. Okay, And so yeah, I did. The first few weeks I have like literally have my trading notebook, and then I fell off and my sister Kara was like, not me, I'm still here.
Speaker 3: Who's who's your trading partner? I feel like everybody has like their trading partner. They're like, oh, you know, a boo a Boo is in the class and he made six figures, So I'm about to make six figures, and so it was in the class and they made okay, you know.
Speaker 1: Mine, So I guess carry. My sister is my trading partner. Although she hasn't taken your class. Although she didn't ask me about it, she was like, how's Terry's class? I said, really good? She said, hmmm, okay, because she's someone like you who like she takes courses, so she's like, I really want to learn learn. So she was like, okay, maybe I'll invest in that class next because she's like, you know, I want I want to be able to provide for my family in a way that's you know, for me, for her, it's not just about oh I want a ton of cash, it's I want to be here while they're young, to enjoy them at this age and not have to worry about taking care of them. So no, I'm just so grateful that you're here, Terry, honestly and just a shining example of what's possible. And I'm so happy because so many people don't want to talk about numbers, especially in our community, because you know, anybody trying to get God, but also too sometimes people see it as like bragging or whatever. And I struggle with sharing numbers, but I share numbers because I want you to see. We'll Tiffany is silly and crazy and regular regular, so her behind can get here. Child, It is available to all of us. So I'm so glad that you show up fully so everyone can see that like they too can achieve. You know what you've achieved with work, obviously in consistency, but it is possible.
Speaker 3: Thank you. And I'm actually so excited for your sister because I feel like she's gonna love the course. Like when somebody's like already been trying to trade and then they take the course, it just accelerates like what they're doing. So I just can't wait to see how she does. That's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: And she becomes richer than me that I'm gonna be like, girl, So all the vacases are on you now.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna come to y'all can come to Puerto Rico, class Mexico.
Speaker 2: We know that those are not the same places. You know, ignorance, It's okay, don't come for us.
Speaker 3: Don't come for us. I do not.
Speaker 2: I wish she had so much more time. I feel like I have a million more questions, but I I I want to thank you too, because I think I've been looking forward to this conversation. We've had you booked for weeks and weeks, it feels like, and I have really been looking forward to it because I am at that Carol phase. I mean, I haven't made thirty five g's on anything I've invested in, but I'm definitely like ready to put in the time to start taking it to the next level. Can I tell you all my goal so I can speak it to the universe, please please? My goal is to trade my way to where I can pay my mortgage with my trading income down the line, so that we can just like pay this house off. That's my goal. I And you know what, you make it sound not so crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like, I don't know if you're afraid to put the number out, but can you put the number out?
Speaker 2: So my mortgage is about three thousand dollars a month? Yeah, so I know you need a lot of money to get there, But even if it's like an extra five hundred towards the mortgage, do you know what I mean? Oh?
Speaker 3: Sorry, go ahead if I want people to know my mortgage payment on the show or not.
Speaker 2: But you can know it well.
Speaker 3: But like my thought was, like the way to break break that down now, it's like you have three thousand dollars, divide that by twenty. That's how many trading days are in the are in a month. And then you say, okay, well actually that's only like one hundred and fifty dollars a day. Okay, yeah, and you.
Speaker 2: Have fifteen fifteen thousand to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is good. As I said, you had fifteen thousand, so you're your one percent actually will get you to being able to make your mortgage payment. And then like your thought would be like, okay, so am I gonna try to do this on a daily basis? Or am I gonna swing trade it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: Okay, one hundred and fifty dollars a day, that's about well four hundred a month, I mean a week. Am I doing that right? No? No, I'm a little low. One fifty day, three hundred every two day six so seven hundred and fifty dollars a week. So like you can actually do some swing trades and try to get seven hundred and fifty dollars a week or just one hundred and fifty dollars a day, Like you can totally do this. I'd love to.
Speaker 1: I'd love to Vegas girl. Yes, I'm like, maybe you should be my trading priner. We should, we should we seld take I'll start from the beginning, Harry's course for real.
Speaker 2: Me if you're just in play money, oh girl, you know me.
Speaker 1: I am skinny pants girl. I still have my piky toe and talk about who's hot.
Speaker 2: I've been sneaking. I've been like buying things without telling Enrique because he doesn't really know that we have extra money to invest, and I'm like, buy some more.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's like, honestly, if you want to check in weekly and take the course, because it does feel like I always feel like Carol's like way ahead because she's like you're you're far behind by I'm like whatever, because we even started like a WhatsApp and she'd just be talking and I'm like, I don't know what those words to be. So I would love to start at the beginning for real, because I I do have access to like a ton of money. There's times when I make six figures in a month take home, and I'm like, I mean, you know, and I just imagine, like I can't.
Speaker 2: Be talking to y'all making twenty five million dolls.
Speaker 3: Can't look the group guys with fifteen k.
Speaker 1: No, that's fine, because I want to be able to do, you know, because I want to be able to say I want to. I want honestly, one of my goals is I want to be able to pay for my two nieces, Lily and a million enrollment. I want to. I've already my husband and I have already set aside. Alyssa's my stepdaughter. She's fifteen. Her college fund is paid for. It's fully funded. Like my house is paid off. I paid off my parents' house, I paid off my student loan debt. But I'm like, the last kind of like thing I really want to do for my family is to pay off like their college funds, like let them be fully funded. And then, you know, so like if I can in the next five years to say, cause let's just say it's two hundred fifty thousand dollars per kid, you know, so it's like if I can trade my way to you know, just one hundred a million dollars in the next three well, honestly, there are at like six and four and three, so we have plenty of time. But you know what I mean, but that would be a goal of mine. But also, oh two, I want to trade my way to not only funding their college fund. I told you know you before, Mandy, that I want to adopt I start adopting kindergarten classrooms in under you know, in economically challenged neighborhoods, to tell parents, if you get them to college, I will get them through college, and to pay to set aside, Like, okay, how much is ten kids times this amount of money per college. There's a woman who did that already, and like with her, you know this one classroom. Well, I think she's done a six or seven by now over the last thirty years. So I she inspired me, and I want to do that, you know. And so how do you get that kind of money? I know, I'll get people who will donate money, you know, to that cause, But how do I provide for those kids in that way? And so, you know, trading It's the thing like that, you know, I needed like a battery in my back because I feel like, you know, I make enough, more than enough money for myself, but like to go for more, sometimes you just need that extra push. And so now I'm like, you know.
Speaker 2: Here's extra reasons why it's hard for me to look past my own child than my husband, like the fact that you're thinking of my siblings don't have any kids yet, but I'm like nieces and nephews, they'll take care of themselves. They got daddies and mom. But no, I mean thinking beyond yourself and think. You know, I think it's wonderful that you are thinking so big and putting a goal to the number, because otherwise it just feels like the money is It's like you said, like what is the money for giving it a purpose?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is really awesome. You so much for being such an amazing guest. Where can people find you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Where are you? And where can they find you?
Speaker 3: Thank you for asking, because girl, these impersonators on Instagram so many people. Yeah, so it's at Terry Egoma. But let me spell that for y'all guys, because people spell it wrong. So T E R I I J E O m A. There's only two eyes. There's somebody out there with three. That's not me.
Speaker 1: My sister's name Ejama, that's my sister's name. Oh yeah, it's very good travel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it mean it's good journey and so like it's meant to be. But yep. So that's my name, Terry Joma and you can find me on Instagram there or on YouTube or or Instagram as well under Trade and Travel. So find you're important.
Speaker 2: To and you just see a happy black woman walking around.
Speaker 1: Her best life. If you Terry, where can I watch your documentary real quick? Because they need to see that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so subscribe to the YouTube channel. It's YouTube dot com slash Trade and Travel. We'll be launching it there soon. It's not out publicly yet, but subscribe to the YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: When y'all see this house, you're gonna be like, oh, this is where Harriet Tubman met.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not my dingy little Zenden basement. Okay, fine, Oh Terry, it's been so fun to have you on. I cannot wait for y'all to hear this show. We'll have all your links in.
Speaker 1: The show notes.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Take care, Thank you, Terry,