Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now in.
Speaker 1: The air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny g Radio A happy Sunday to you when the final Sunday's the next to last Sunday before the National Football League takes over. And Danny g this the morning after the twenty twenty five Malor Meet and greet. We did it Vegas style, Baby Lost Wages, Nevada. There last night, well last afternoon, from three o'clock till five o'clock.
Speaker 3: And it went longer though it always does.
Speaker 1: I have so many stories I want to share, and I've actually been advised by Terry in England. He says, Ben, don't use the stories. Now, wait until next weekend to tell the stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well it makes a lot of sense because we still need to catch up on stories from last weekend.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. In fact, that's a great segue. That's a good jumping off point, Danny, because I do have a story, and we have the mail bag. Ohio Al is standing by, Ohio Al is standing by. But we must begin with this. So traveling on the blind side. Did any g traveling on the blind side? So my wife and I went on. We talked about this yesterday a little bit, the wild adventure, although all I pretty much talked about was the fact that we ran into the Dallas Cowboys caravan on the way up the coast. So we go on this wild adventure up the California coast the other other day. We had no plan, there was no itinerary's, we didn't use a pin on Google Maps. We followed the zen master, Phil Jackson, and Phil always had these witty zen like quotes when he was coaching the Lakers, and I was out there a lot, believe it or not, the Laker hater, I was out there, and I love Phil though Phil was unlike just about anyone else I've ever come across in this job, where he actually gave you an answer and just didn't give you a cliches, and so at least that's the way he made you feel. And so one of the things Phil used to talk about during the NBA season, which seemed like it went on forever, and that was back when players actually had to play in the regular season, and Phil talked about, you know, the way to live your life. He's enjoyed the journey in that context of the NBA. Enjoy that Wednesday night in Sacramento just as much as you would enjoy Game one of the NBA Finals against the Celtics. So enjoy the journey, not just the destination. So of course that's easier to do when you don't have a destination. Danny, we didn't have a destination. That's the whole point. The great thing about not having a destination is you cannot be late. If you don't know where you're going, there's no way to be late.
Speaker 3: You can't be late.
Speaker 1: We didn't have a hotel, room booked, we didn't have anything. And along the way we passed the Dallas Cowboy Caravan. Then we got out of La Proper. We went past the Fox Sports Radio compound and then came face to face one of the great monuments to human arrogance, and this is something close to your heart, Danny G.
Speaker 3: You have talked about.
Speaker 1: This on these airwaves, on this podcast, but I can now say that I have seen it with my own eyes. The I think it's the Liberty Canyon Wildlife Crossing.
Speaker 3: It's got some name on it now, but it says Annenberg on it. Now, all right, whatever, who cares whatever, that's the person who donated half the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever, It's called privately funded.
Speaker 3: Fine.
Speaker 1: This is the overpass that you've brought up, Danny, and we talked about here. It's in a gory. It goes right across the freeway there, Ventura Freeway, and it's like a sim City cheat code type thing. And they claim you said this is the largest wildlife crossing in the world, right, isn't that what you've said.
Speaker 3: Daniel right now? Yeah, Colorado is building one that's even bigger. As of now. This is the biggest and baddest and most expensive. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I saw I heard you talk about it, and you set me stories from the news in LA and I was like, well, this is the opposite direction of where I live. We live on like the opposite ends of the world here, and so it connects. It's like the Semi Valley Hills or whatever in the Santa Monica Mountain. I think that I know the Santa Monica Mountains on one side.
Speaker 3: And there's some other hills on the other way. I don't know it connects a gora in Calabasas.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's fine, so I can report boots on the ground Danny as an eyewitness. I did not see a mountain lion. I did not see a bobcat. I guess they can now, you know they can the freeway without jaywalking.
Speaker 3: So that's good. Again.
Speaker 1: I didn't see, though, any bobcasts, no lions, no bears. I didn't see a raccoon, any squirrels, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that.
Speaker 1: I didn't see a coyote with an uber eats bag. I didn't see anything. Uh, and I had the same vibe. I was like, I realized you said this was like mostly privately financeered.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, And so my question.
Speaker 1: Is to people really think that the animals are standing around there like it's a Disney movie? Do they do they think that like that's like Bambie's mom and Simba or planning a meet up there? Right on the bridge, you know, right across the one on one freeway there, and you know, I don't know, I just there had.
Speaker 3: To be some sort of research done where there were a lot of animal deaths in that area, crossing, trying to cross the freeway. That's all I can think of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's like we're building highways overpasses for animals. And again I'm like, they don't really no, like they don't know that's just for them. They don't even know like highways exist. They just are out and about. You know, it's you know, it's like some kind of Pixar fan fiction fiction the endnet. I'm not, Oh, you're against animals, but no, you hate an animal?
Speaker 3: No, they're delicious.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: Oh No. And now you can see, you know about the big fires that were here, yes, less than a year ago, and that's a solid piece of foundation now from one side to the other, crossing eight lanes whatever. That is total. So that could be disastrous in the future and not to be you know, Debbie Downer or Benny Downer.
Speaker 1: It did look danny like those hills were pretty dry, like it looked like I remember I was talking to the wife and we're like, man, they got to get some rain out here or something, because these hills are starting the ground starting to crack a little bit. And that's not good. That's that's a bad sign. Man, that's a bad sign. But any and it's like just a year ago they had the fires and all ready the hills were back ready to be ready to.
Speaker 3: Burn, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: But anyway, we kept going up there and went through Ventura, which was an absolute asshole of vent I thought Ventura. Last time I was Ventura, I thought it was nice. But I guess we went in the wrong part of Ventura. Holy where did you go in Ventura Main Street?
Speaker 3: We I don't know.
Speaker 1: We got off the freeway.
Speaker 3: We were like, we were.
Speaker 1: Driving down one of the big streets in Ventura, and I guess we went to the wrong part of Ventura.
Speaker 3: Oh you were somewhere on Ventura Road. Yeah, dude. They were like like crackheads. And I saw, oh, yeah, you were in East Ventura.
Speaker 1: Sent in all fold you know you saw that. I was like, whoa, wow that is I thought I was back on skid row. I was like, dude, this is beautiful, right, maybe the ocean.
Speaker 3: What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: And then we kept going and went up through Santa Barbara and all that stuff, and we we ended up getting to Pismo Beach. Now, Pismo Beach is famous for clams, for monarch butterflies, and that's what they they'll tell.
Speaker 3: You right there at Grover Beach.
Speaker 1: I would like to report, Danny, that one of those beautiful monarch butterflies kama Kazi deed itself will kamakazi mission right into my windshield, oh, much to the dismay of my wife, who was devastated that this beautiful, bright orange monarch butterfly had decided to commit butterfly suicide. One of the great wonders of nature.
Speaker 3: And now you know why they are building animal crossings.
Speaker 1: Can we do something for the butterfly? Can we put a net over the highway or something like that. So anyway, listen, Pismo. To me, those are all cool things. They have a really nice peer in Pismo. It's beautiful Central California, really cool. But for me, Pismo is known for one thing and one thing only, and that one thing, Danny, is the cinnamon roll Old West cinnamon rolls.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's the whole town. That's it. You can have everything else. You can have the clams, you can have the butterflies can flutter off. I don't care. This place is the in and out of the OUI gooey cinnamon roll. There's a line out the door. There's people buzzing around there like that beehive, Like a beehive, Danny.
Speaker 3: I would drink a cup of that frosting.
Speaker 1: Holy crap. And they really only sell one thing, now that I know, they have a few other items on the on the menu, but it's pretty much just five different ways to get a cinnamon roll. It's finger I don't care if it's KFC slogan or not. Finger licking, good napkin soaking. You talk about that sugar topping, Holy crap. Just awesome slice a heaven, you know, one of the things that you're just happy to be alive and and right there. And so we stopped on the way up, and we then doubled back on the way down because self controls overrated. Danny tastes like a touchdown in your mouth. And I actually sold my this is fun. I sold my wife because she was on the phone with the cistern in law and she was telling the cistern in law we stopped in Pismo again sinmin roles, and so my sister in law was like, oh man, I wish we had some. So I in my head, right, this is how I worked, how wired, Danny. I said, you know how I can get another cinnamon role. I'm gonna tell the wife, let's do a good mitzvah. Let's buy some on the way back to give to your sister. And so she was on board with that. So I was able to squeeze out another cinnamon roll on the way back down. Yeah, right, come on. But and it was it was disguised. It was camouflaghed. It's a veteran married man move. It was camouflaged as an act of kindness. But really I just wanted another cinnamon roll on my belly on the way back down. Tell me I'm down, marcell I don't even think Marcella knows what a cinnamon role is. So somewhere we were somewhere north, we went to hurst Castle. We love the beach at hurst Castle because there's no one ever there. There's a little pier, beautiful and it's like you know, lording over the Pacific. San Simeon, Yes, San Simeon, like the Gatsby Mansion right there. It's like, it's wild that this guy owned all that land. That the story of the newspaper empire, the Hurst Empire, and how he he bought all of that land. He anything you could see from that Hurst Mansion was was his.
Speaker 2: And uh.
Speaker 1: And we drove up to the seals, you know, the sunbathing seals up there. Have you taken cold to see the seals by the.
Speaker 3: Way, have you not yet? No? Oh, yeah, they're great.
Speaker 1: They lay around and fart and uh and throw sand on each other.
Speaker 3: And then we we.
Speaker 1: Drove for as far as we could drive, as far as we could drive. We drove up Highway one, and it disappeared literally into the ocean. It was reclaimed by mother nature near Big Sur, so we could not go past. We couldn't even really get the Big Sur because I've learned that mother Nature does not do eminent domain. She just swallows up whatever she wants. And this was the entire road I guess Highway one there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that Highway one has been jacked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we we turned around, you know, muttering like you know, okay, that sucks.
Speaker 3: What are we gonna do? Well?
Speaker 1: Highway one? I guess they had fixed it, and then within a couple of months it was back down and so.
Speaker 3: That was that.
Speaker 1: We went back on our way down I mentioned, we picked up the cinnamon rolls and we sashi ate our way across California, went all the way up to Santa Santa Cruz, well not Santa c San Luis Obispo.
Speaker 3: Slow that's what they call it, right, slow. I think they call it slow sand Loo's Abysins. So that was my trip. But I was so you guys stopped in San Luis Obispo. We did. We stopped there a little bit, and the Madonna In we did. We stuffed.
Speaker 1: Of course, my wife loves the Madonna so we stopped by the Madonna In and we wandered around there. Had a slice of cake at the Bandanna In, because why not they have this amazing cake there, and I went through the gift shop and it was sold out.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you guys did a food tour, did a lot of eating.
Speaker 1: You know, why not, don't eat much during the week, might as well enjoy yourself on the on the road. We have mailed Danny. We have actual mail, and that means you know what that means.
Speaker 3: Ohio.
Speaker 4: Aw, it's.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into this. These are actual letters.
Speaker 3: Eno.
Speaker 1: If you want to send a corresponds in you can email the show right now. You can do it later, tonight, tomorrow. You'll forget if you don't do it by later today or tomorrow. Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. Name and city please, otherwise we will not know who you are or where you're from. If you want credit. If you don't want any credit, just send a blind email and then we'll just make it up. A Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. First question up from Reggie in Motown. Reggie from Detroit says, Hey, Ben and Danny, it was great hearing Eddie call into the show this week. However, I did notice a number of the fans were triggered yet again. Ben, on social media, they are still blaming you for Eddie leaving the show. What do you think of this? That is from Eddie? From Reggie about Eddie. Yeah, Reggie, so my position has not changed. I will tell you it is flattering. I love the fact that there are people that have this passion, and I love the fact that there are people that think that I have that kind of power. I am flattered that you think that doing the overnight show at Fox Sports Radio, I am in control of the show, that I picked the people I work with that is outstanding. I am very flattered that you believe that. And I will be consistent though with this whole like this outrage over Eddie. Me and Eddie are friends. We love working together. I did not make that decision. Who was up to me Eddie would be back on the show. He did call in, he had met Sherwin, a listener to the show, And so I look at it like the way I look at sports. One thing I was told this by a Dodger executive thirty five years ago at a meet and greet with a Dodger executive. He said, listen, we don't care if you rip the Dodgers. We don't care if the fans rip the Dodgers. We don't care if they praise the Dodgers. We don't care about it. You can do whatever you want as long as you care. The one thing that we cannot have is apathy. And I go by that mantra. Reggie, like these people that are still upset blaming me, you're upset. I get it that means you care. It's not apathy. This is important to you.
Speaker 3: And so you're.
Speaker 1: Uneducated on what happened and you're misguided. But those are separate issues, and so I'm fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just shows passion.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and that's all. I just want to get passion, and I get it.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 1: I feel like when I was listening to radio and there somebody would leave a radio show or someone get whacked at a radio show.
Speaker 3: I hated it too.
Speaker 4: It sucked.
Speaker 1: It sucks at some corporate weasels at different places that make these decisions, and there a lot of them are just based on financial situations.
Speaker 3: I don't get.
Speaker 1: That's not my department. So before I get in trouble, Scott from Clearwater, Florida rights and says, hey, Ben and Danny. Back in two thousand, he says, uh, this guy, Scott. I did my broadcast journalism internship at WKYT and Lexington, Kentucky, and while there I shot some Bengals games on the sidelines. I also had to drive the Louisville a number of times. Now, back when they existed, I read newspapers every day while I ate lunch in Louisville. The newspaper was evenly split between Big ten and the SEC. For sports. Lexington is all SEC. I would propose to you then, that the college town of Louisville is the line, the point of demarcation between the Midwest and the south Cincinnati. That's two ends. One is north of Louisville, therefore it's in the Midwest. Also, I think when you sound out Cincinnati, it should be one N and two T's any thoughts there. I think that's the bigger injustice here. So it sounds to me Danny like Scott does not like the way I say Cincinnati, just not like that. But that's my tribute. Remember the show w k RP and Cincinnati. That's why I say it like that Cincinnati, because they used to say on the show like that. We've had this long standing debate. Is Cincinnati a southern city or is it a Midwestern city a northern city? And the people of Cincinnati get very offended when you say that they're a southern city. Yet when I've flown into Cincinnati's airport to change planes, it's in Kentucky, which I consider a southern state, the state of Kentucky, So.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I don't know that you really answer the questions got to you. Louisville so like the South the North South line cuts through through Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 3: So fine. I feel like I'm more confused now.
Speaker 1: I know, right, Alf from the Q Rights and he says, what's your favorite podcast Ben and Danny that you're not personally involved in? From Alf Danny, do you have a favorite pod that you listen to? We both work in audio content, so is there something that you listen to on your downtime?
Speaker 3: No, To be honest, I have my hands full with the podcasts I'm involved with. I'm usually listening to those to make sure that technically everything is sound. I don't have free time to listen to other podcasts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I try not to listen to too much stuff because I've talked about this Danny.
Speaker 3: You know, we work together for a long time.
Speaker 1: I don't want to take someone else's stick, and I'm always concerned if I listen to someone else in like sports radio or something like that, Well.
Speaker 3: It could be a non sports podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what normally will happen. I have a pretty long drive in from the north Woods when I go to the Mothership, which is more times than I used to go to the Mothership. And so I'm in the car a lot to and from and I do have some time where i could consume audio content, but I'm normally trying to, Like on the way there, on the way into the studio, I'm trying to think about the show. So I'm like thinking about what I'm going to talk about. And then on the way home, I don't want to think about anything. You know, you want to unplug. You just want to My voice is always shredded at the end of the show these days since Eddie left, and so I just want quiet. I'm like a Buddhist monk sitting there on the There's no traffic when I'm driving home, but I'm just sitting there and I want.
Speaker 3: I want to talk.
Speaker 1: And normally what happens alf is I will have someone will send me something like I'll have people like my radio buddies. Hey, you got to hear with you this guy was on like Joe.
Speaker 3: Rogan or something. You got to hear this, or there's.
Speaker 1: Some you know, people know I'm into a weird UFO crap, you know, the old art bell stuff. Art's long dead, And so somebody will send me some alien story that was on a podcast or something like that. So I'll I'll get that content and I'll listen.
Speaker 3: But you know, regularly, no, I might.
Speaker 1: I might have some music or something like that on in the in the background. Just kind of calm myself down a little bit. But how boring are we, Danny? I mean, my god, It's something we do for a living. So that's kind of like asking a football player, what's your favorite football game to watch other than the football game you were in, And a lot of players will be like, I'm full with the football. I don't need to watch it in my spare time as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I's like that OnlyFans model. You talk to, Danny.
Speaker 1: They don't want to parade around in their bikinis when they're not, you know, when they're not working. They want to wear their moumu when they're not they're not working. You know, I'm saying, they don't want to walk around for those onlyfan photos. Let's see what do we have here? What is next? We have Barry in South Carolina? Yo, Yo, Ma, Bennie and Danny g on the mailbag. He says, Hey, guys, Ben, do you think blind Scott really talks to all these other p ones. He says he does blind Scott or BS claims he speaks knows text with Alf the illan opiner, Mike de Leprechaun, Jed who fled Marked, the full Name Guy, and even new masshole Mickey. I am calling BS. He says, also any update on Angry Bill from Barry, So I'll take the Angry Bill thing first. Angry Bill has not been a regular caller of the last month or two months or so, has had some major health problems. He did call in and one time one time about a month ago, about a month ago, and he had mentioned he had asked some health problems, but he didn't get into it. Angry Bill is such a gruff New Jersey guy that you can tell he's going through a bunch of stuff, like things are not going well. He's had a tough life physically and things are not great for him. But he's also the guy that's not gonna bitch about it and complain about it. He's not your standard young person today that wants to wallow in victimhood like Angry Bill, but certainly claim man, I've had a tough life. I went to jail for robin a bank I've had to live, I've had to work into my sixties. Here my body's falling apart. But he hasn't done that, Like he just like, yeah, I got some crap, I got some things that are wrong with me and all that stuff, and he he doesn't complain. So I don't know. Other than that, I don't know what's going As far as blind Scott. The way I will answer that one is it depends Barry, which of blind Scott's seven personalities you're talking about, Like, there is no course blind Scott does communicate with other fans of the show, how much he communicates and what they talk about.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. I sit down, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I I do know that Scott has has just been absolutely carpet bombing my email to the point where I can't even go through my email because it's all blind Scott, blind Scott, blind Scott blind It's you know, him yelling at me for things that I'm doing on our show suck.
Speaker 3: He was always one of the funniest characters back in the day when I worked on your Overnight show.
Speaker 1: Oh, blind Scott's one of the great Overnight characters. And I have nothing bad it's his contribution to the show has been next level. Some of the other crap where he threatens to quit the show every week and thinks he's not getting enough credit for what he does and you know like this, and he he'll complain to me about interactions with other fans of the show Danny and my response, I wrote back, I said, listen, you know this is I forget exactly what I said.
Speaker 3: I was like, listen, when you're when you put yourself out there and you're you're.
Speaker 1: A character on the show, people are not gonna like that. People get jealous. Everyone wants the attention, but you got to ignore it. Just don't interact with it. That's what I That's why I don't go on I don't go on X anymore during the day because I don't want to deal with the bull crap.
Speaker 3: I'll go I'll go on.
Speaker 1: There because the company will ask me to send something out a video or I have something that I need to promote, and I call her a drive by, I'll send. I'll go on there, I'll click send it and I'm out.
Speaker 3: I'm done. I'm out.
Speaker 1: Skis you know, and that's it. Maybe I'll I'll check somebody sends me a private message. I might check that every once in a while, but that's it. So I'm not I'm not in that world. But anyway, JJ from the Bay rights in. He says there was a big debate online this week, and he says, Ben, I know you're not a music guy, but I want to know Danny G's thoughts. Who do you think should headline the super Bowl. It's here in the Bay Area in February. That's right.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be northern California. It's not gonna happened, But it should be Metallica. It really should. I mean they've they've done because they've done hip hop a couple of years in a row. Metallica have Bay Area roots that I think would be an amazing show. For years, people have asked for Metallica to do halftime at the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad JJ asked you, Danny, because my position on halftime is they could put anyone out there. I don't care unless they're showing their boobs like Janet Jackson.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go be.
Speaker 1: Getting popcorn or whatever at halftime. I'm I'm watching, you know, get my snacks at halftime.
Speaker 3: I'm not y yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, mister anti bumper music.
Speaker 1: Oh oh exactly exactly. Now, if Taylor Swift does it, that'll lead to the conspiracy. Well, the Chiefs are going to win the Super Bowl, Taylor Swift's going to be performing at halftime, that whole thing will pop up again. Mickey from Ohio right, since says, Hey, Ben and Danny, I know this is not a pop culture podcast, but Sidney Sweeney commented on the outrage over her bathwater soap, and she said it was mostly girls making comments about it, and.
Speaker 3: Mickey wanted to get our thoughts on that.
Speaker 1: I didn't see these comments, but I guess I guess she was saying that men didn't care about it, but women were upset. But isn't that that's like, not really surprising, right, Danny, isn't that.
Speaker 3: Kind of Yeah, women are caddy against other women who have big boobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're kind of jealous of other good looking women to get a lot of attention. I don't think that's new. I think that's kind of always been the way it is. And I yeah, all right, thank you for that. Let's see who is next, Kevin. Kevin writes in to the fifth Hour podcast Real fifth Hour, by the way, Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com and says a good idea, bad idea, guys. He says, there's a new smartphone for children that will automatically block nudes. That's Kevin, want to know what we thought about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how does that work? How does it know?
Speaker 1: See the twigging berries and all of a sudden they block it. They see the boobies and that's it. They see the bote and they say nay, nay to the butte finish here it is. Kevin sent the sorry finished phone company Human Mobile Devices, which also involved with Nokia Hansys. They developed the phone in response to widespread concern from parents about standard smartphones. So, yeah, I don't know, Like what's well, we as young guys, Danny, we had to go find porn. Like porn didn't find us. We had to go find porn, right, you had to whether it was national geographic magazines or or catalogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or the section.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, remember that there was that there were varying degrees growing up back in the Stone Age, like we grew up, Danny, where like you were always fascinated growing up, you going through puberty.
Speaker 3: About the the other.
Speaker 1: Party's bodies, and so you you maybe come across a playboy, like you had the uncle's playboy or something. But then every once in a while somebody would get access to a penthouse and that was danny. Yeah, that was next level. Oh that was we thought that was hardcore exactly. I mean, because you get like a playboy, you think, oh, boy, that's porn. But then somebody with some of the one of the boys would get a penhouse. Oh my god, what is that? You know, it was ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So Benny, my older brother, found a playboy at my uncle's and we had to do yard work outside for my grandmother. My grandmother's house is where he was living. We would like rake the leaves we were kids. We'd rake the leaves in every ten minutes. My brother would say, all right, let's take a break, and during the he would open up the playboy. We'd look at the pictures and he'd be like, all right, breaks over, and then we'd start doing the yard work again.
Speaker 1: They were giving you motivation. The photos were giving you motivation.
Speaker 3: They they really were.
Speaker 1: When we were in I think it was like sixth or seventh grade, one of my buddies who was a little sheltered a Mormon kid, not that that I mean, he was just religious where his family was religious, and he didn't get out a lot. And he I remember he figured out that they had a bunch of national geographics in the classroom, and he figured out that it had there was a couple of issues that had these women from Africa who did not wear like shirts, you know, and he was like it was amazed by this, and he kept he was obsessed with these national geographics to the point where the teacher figured it out and then ripped literally ripped the pages out of the national geographic that had the the naked women. There were a lot of boobs. There were a lot of boobs.
Speaker 3: So that was that was interesting. That was that was interesting for sure.
Speaker 1: Believer. Oh that's a great that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Play that again. Yeah, yes, that is from our friend Cowboy.
Speaker 1: Boo.
Speaker 3: Believer. Oh that is so good, I cowboy John.
Speaker 1: I am smiling from ear to ear. I am that is great. We'll do a couple more. Steven from Phoenix, right, since says, hey, Ben and Danny, I know you guys have talked about this restaurant in the past. Did you see that Cracker Barrel has a new logo for the first time in almost fifty years. Is this an upgrade or a downgrade?
Speaker 3: Not just a new logo. They renovated the insides and outsides of how these restaurants look now.
Speaker 1: So I saw the logo I have not seen I've not been to a Cracker Barrel in a long time, although every time I visit, I've only been there one time. But my father in law, who lives in North Carolina most of the year, now loves Cracker Barrel. So I imagine next time I visit North Carolina, we will go to a cracker Barrel again. Although there are cracker barrels in the area, the one in Santa Maria. I stopped in Santa Maria on my way up. I go to Costco and Santa Maria to get gas. When I go up to the California coast, they closed the Cracker Barrel.
Speaker 3: I don't like.
Speaker 1: I'm going thumbs down Dan on the new logo. I don't like it's too basic. I think it's it takes away the ethos of what cracker barrel wash was. The old guy, some would say, the Cracker Danny in the photo.
Speaker 3: There the logo. So I don't know. I just I don't like it. I think Cracker hands down the greatest cracker of all time.
Speaker 1: Yes, last one from Mike In Parts Unknown, he says, Hey, bandon, Danny, did you see the White House is getting a ticked page? Weren't they trying to get rid of TikTok? What is this about China? I'm not on TikTok? Are you on TikTok?
Speaker 3: Danny?
Speaker 1: G I'm not on TikTok? So I don't know what. I assume they're trying to reach people. That's why they're doing that.
Speaker 3: Obviously, I'm not on there either. I don't what do you want me to say?
Speaker 1: And it's it's politics. Everyone's a hypocrite and politics that's just the way it is. That's just how they operate. So that's that's all all right. We'll get out on that, Danny. I will be back tonight in the main main studio there in the Oaks in beautiful Sherman Oaks, And we may or may not have a rare and appropriate in studio stop by from a friend from Chicago who might be stopping by. I have not heard from him. I don't believe I've heard of him. I hope he'll be coming by. And uh, what about you guys, Corvino and rich Danny, you'll be back?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Is it a normal week now? Football season is about to start, so it's the vacation over.
Speaker 3: Or will you be doing some weird hours? No? Normal week. So we'll be on Monday for afternoon drive five to seven pm on the East coast. That means two to four pm on the West side in beautiful king City, California.
Speaker 1: Right or Kingman, Arizona. You do king In Arizona, Right, I'm route sixty six sorright. I'll be back tonight eleven pm on Sunday night in the west.
Speaker 3: That's two am early.
Speaker 1: Monday morning in the East. Have a wonderful, great Sunday and we'll talk all week and we'll see you then later.
Speaker 3: Skater got a murder. I gotta go.