Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and jettiet and now he Armstrong and Jetty. We can probably retouch on the big Binance story. A word that I'm not sure I'd ever heard in my life, or if I had, it didn't register with me. It's a big deal, the Binance story. Wall Street Journal exclusive. Not only is Iran getting plenty of money through Binance allegedly, but also might factor into the Trump family getting money. So not those two things aren't connected, Like that wasn't on purpose? But or are they? Probably not? Speaking of Israel, I want to do this a little bit later, inside Israel's high tech campaign to track down and kill every last person who took part in the October seventh attack. If you're old enough, you remember they've done this a couple of times. For instance the seventy two Olympics, when a bunch of their athletes were murdered by radical Muslim nut jobs. Israel spent decades hunting down everybody involved with that and taking them out, including some people that weren't involved with it by accident. But they don't mess around. Yeah, boy, I saw that October seventhiece and who. I also read part of the documentation of the sexual violence that happened on October seventh to twenty three, and I do at least want to touch on that, and how the animal Hamas, Oh yeah, yeah, some of the most horrible things I've ever read in my life, and how the Hamas friendly New York Times at least Nicholas Christoff, that's his name, Nicholas right two days before the report came out, concocts this ridiculous Yeah. Israeli's regularly rape people in prison, including trained rape dog's story to cloud the water. So everybody's thinking, God, everybody's accusing you, everybody of rape. I don't know what to think. It's obvious that that's what they were doing. Is utterly despicable. That's uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: It is uncomfortable. A quick question speaking of money, not binance and not trillions of dollars. So as a plan in a golf tournament, nice weeaking. And I was staying with my friend Parski not his real name, nickname, and he had this unbelievable coffee machine. And Jack, I know you're a coffee fhreak. But then so, oh my god, this coffee is so good. It's just a cut above anything I've ever had at my home, and I really am lusting for it. It's expensive, It's like take a deep breath expensive, right, But I know I love it. But I couldn't pull a trigger because I thought, no, Joseph, I'll tell you about me. You want to know about me. I can be decisive in the face of danger, fear, and uncertainty.
Speaker 2: Danger, fear, and uncertainly. All three of those are bad at oh please two of them. I lafe at all three. I guess still I write through it.
Speaker 1: But the downside of that is occasionally decisiveness turns into hastiness.
Speaker 2: I am, I have been.
Speaker 1: You have been guilty of being a tad hasty once or twice in my life. So I thought, all right, I know I love this machine. I know it functions great. He's had it for five years, it's been problem free, blah blah blah blah blah. But shouldn't I like look at a bunch of different competitors and read reviews I benefits and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I ascually, Actually, I was like the first time I ever really used chatbots, you know, in this price range. Give me the best four and the upsides and the downsides and blah blah blah. That's right, that's what I'm gonna do. You can justify the price. You don't drink coffee out, so it doesn't work for you. But for anybody like me who occasionally fairly regularly would get a Starbucks or stop at a coffee shop or whatever, if you stop doing that and do it at home, it pays for itself fairly quickly. Sure, yeah, yeah, but I make coffee at home now with this machine, and I haven't. The really cool people don't have automatic coffee machines. You go through all the work, you tamp it down and you do the thing, and you may I have a job exactly. You do it manually, and it's very very cool. And oh, there are endless videos about this way, if you want to go onto YouTube, endless people that are so good with the reviews and really quite entertaining. Actually, AnyWho, I got an automatic machine, but you pour the beans in the top and it grinds the beans and then it makes the I do an espresso shot every in the morning and then in the afternoon and almost every single day I say, God, this is good. I mean, it's not just okay, it's just this is fantastic. And part of it is because I don't drink anymore, so I don't have anything like that. I can't try new wines or beers or anything.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, okay, thanks for that excellent consumer advice.
Speaker 2: That's all I will do. I was at any point though, what did I do this for?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I will like drink it every single day of my life. So all right, It's not like I've decided I'm going to be a surfer and I, you know, spend five thousand dollars on a surfboard and I try it once and hate it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not one of those make it to becoming a free solo climber. I'm gonna need a lot of gear, not one of those.
Speaker 1: So I think you know this that the world, the face of warfare is changing very very rapidly, and we, the greatest superpower on Earth, are trying, I think bravely. It's one of the things I think Pete Heath is doing very very well is getting rid of the hide bound, stubborn, slow pentagon culture. Trying to anyway, so we can adapt to technology a lot more quickly and wads.
Speaker 2: That's the great piece. Pete Heggsath from Saturday Night Live impersonation.
Speaker 1: Ah uh yeah, Pete's well, I won't get into that tangent because it's less interesting than this.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Walter Russell me to freakqu he writes for the Wall Street journalis and editor at large. I think they call him really smart, interesting wise guy got some years on him. I love reading stuff. But he just spent a bunch of time in Ukraine, and it's reporting on all the aspects of the war, including how there has been fatigue and discouragement, but there ain't really now. In fact, you have kids enlisting to operate drones and stuff like that, and they really feel like they're on the front foot and they're going to keep their country, and there's patriotism and they're cleaning out the last of the kleptocrat class that they inherited from the Soviet Union. They're really really positive things happening, which I thought was cool. But he's talking about I'm just going to read a little bit of it.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: The nature of war has changed and is changing much faster and more radically than most observers and most of the world's militaries yet understand. Rifles, mortars, and tanks appear to be going the way of sword fights and cavalry charges. Evacuating the wounded from the ever expanding drone infested gray zone that separates opposing armies can take weeks, in some cases up to two months. It's because teams have drone and unmanned ground to vehicle operators must struggle to maneuver coffin shaped evacuation platforms against swarms of hostile drones on a winding path through the war zone.
Speaker 2: I had a warm one. I don't think you were here. I think I was talking about this when you weren't here on Thursday. Did you see the video. There's lots of videos out there like this, but it was a video of a couple of Russians being chased by the drones. I just saw a series of those videos. Oh my god, that sound, I'll bet if in warfare in the future, that's gonna be the sound of Holy s. I'm gonna die. Because they were out in a field and it was nice and quiet, and then you hear that and they're all like, why right, other they say things in Russia and they start running as fast as they can, and it just gets lighter. More of these drones catch up to them in a holy crap.
Speaker 1: Why I saw a series of them that were discovering Russian barracks and Heidi holes and going into buildings and guys running behind rubble and the drone just pulls up to him.
Speaker 2: Then kurb blewis over and over again. There's something about it being not human that makes it more terrifying than if a guy were with a gun. We're chasing you. Oh you can elude a guy with a gun. That's the terrifying part of it. Drone, You're You're just screwed anyway, so he writes. More fighting is done on screens, un less in the trenches. Almost every assumption about what armies are and how they fight is being challenged and reshaped daily. Second, the changing technological balance of war is tilted for now in favor of Ukraine or defenders. In short, the fundamentals of drone warfare favor of the defense over the offense, meaning that Ukraine's smaller armed forces can hold off larger numbers of Russian attackers while extorting a high price for every acre of ground gained. That could change overnight, as both sides are adapting as quickly as they can, but the costs of gaining even a small amount of territory are astronomical now. And I came across this blog post from a guy who writes about military technology has for years, years and years. Actually.
Speaker 1: He includes a twenty thirteen post a link to it about the advent of drone warfare that he says is still probably the most prophetic thing I've ever written, and man, did he nail it. So I've become a fan of this guy, Noah Smith, and he's talking about the next step is going to be something I have been talking about for years because I'm so fascinated and terrified by it, and that is the swarms of quote unquote drone insects, microdrones that can be controlled through AI that are are practically unseeable. They're so small, they're certainly unhittable, and as long as they have enough battery power to sustain themselves over long flights, they'd be an unstoppable weapon.
Speaker 2: Anyway. And just you know, the mind war weres thinking of the possibility release them into a building.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh my god. Well, and the scenario I was raiding, and hell, it might have been this guy who wrote it. Come to think of it, the time is about right. He got these microdrones that might be the size of house flies. It's you know, it remains to be seen where the technology goes. They could they could fly in the ventilation system of a building anywhere.
Speaker 2: But then what do they do because they cracks under doors, they can't carry guns or whatever. What do they do to you? Oh? They could explode?
Speaker 1: They could depending on you know, how small they are and how many there are. The one scenario I read is that they would fly into your lungs. Well that's nice, yeah yeah, and then kerblwi just flow up your lungs. It wouldn't take a lot of them to kill you anyway. So yeah, this is absolutely horrifying. But I wanted to get to this part. And he mentions interestingly that in the second Nagorno Karabak War in twenty twenty, drones were used extensively but nobody was really paying attention. But Ukraine's intensive use of drowns has allowed them to inflict casualty rates as high as five to one on the Russian Army in recent months, well, giving up little or no territory, and about ninety six percent of those casualties are estimated to be caused by drones. I didn't realize that ninety six percent of a five to one ratio five but I didn't know is practically all of them. And in just the past year, Ukraine went from using just a few thousand FPV drones per day to using around sixty thousand a day.
Speaker 2: Sixty thousand drones a day. And remember the sixty minutes piece from a couple of weeks ago. They update the technology weekly, right, I mean, what they're doing today is different than what they did last week.
Speaker 1: Then he gets into the fact that they are incredibly inexpensive compared to traditional armaments, and that China has the capacity to build two point eight billion or two point zero eight billion of them per what month year? I'd have the roll the video, But we need to increase our manufacturing capacity for the tools of war, but quick in a way that mankind has never needed to do. You can convert a Ford truck factory to a tank factory in the course of quite a few months. In nineteen forty one, two but fast enough for the war of that kind. Can you imagine if tank technology was changing every six weeks, what then.
Speaker 2: What does that even look like? It barely changed in six years? Probably? Yeah, yeah. Anyway, there's a lot to read.
Speaker 1: I will post this wheel, post this at Armstrong and getty dot com if you want to read more about it. It's long and detailed. But if you're into the sort of stuff, it's absolutely fascinating.
Speaker 2: Holy cow, and that's scary. Yeah. I hope we're as good at it as China and Russia and whoever else or some you know, three hundred pound guy sitting on his bed like Trump once said about hackers. Hi, for one, welcome our insect, drone overlords, individual criminals trying to do whatever they want to do. Yeah, that's some good stuff. Let me check my phone, rope think stand by. I promise something that's not right.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk to Katie Green, our newsperson, who's a new mom coming up in a little bit. I hope you can stick around. I don't know if you know who Chris Silisa is. He's mainstream slash left columnist. Anyway, and I'm not gonna get bogged down in this story because I got some funny things. But he tweeted out yesterday about the so called d NC autopsy report. It's one hundred and ninety two pages long, and he's a Democrat. There's not one mention of Joe Biden's advanced age or the strategic decision to shield him from a public that thought he was too old to continue as president. Unreal. Yeah, pretty much all you need to know about the autopsy. There's no commentary about the whole trying to pretend something wasn't true that everybody knew. So maybe maybe it's so big it doesn't need to be commented on, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, not likely to be repeated, don't I don't know. I'm making excuses, I mean, and Kamal is incompetent and just transgender stuff. None of it's in there.
Speaker 2: AnyWho. A couple of Babylon b things that I came across that I thought were pretty funny. You can just check in with them anytime you want if you want to laugh. Pretty much. Zillow adds a new feature for California homes, showing whether they're currently on fire or not. He's got a picture of a one point three million dollar home and says this home is currently on fire. I like this one, and this is based on I gotta admit I fell for this from myself. So as commenting on this, what do you call it? Survey chart? Good survey? What's a pole poll that came out and it showed that the youngest and poorest among us, which goes together because when you're young, you tend more likely to be poor are the ones who eat out the most and use door dash the most. What the hell is that you got no money? You're complaining to everyone about you can't come inequality, can't The American dream is dead, man, The American dream is dead. But you're eating out and door dashing. Okay, not exactly sure how that fits together, but but this is pretty good from the Battle on b and it's got a whole bunch of old people, gray hairs, men and women with the arms crossed with a scolding look on their face. Generation that put Nation thirty nine trillion dollars in debt, condemns gen Z for spending irresponsibly, no devastating. That is pretty good. Boom headshot, that is pretty good. Yeah, where do we get? Hey? I know how to handle money. I eat at home. I'm not eating out every meal. I'm also voting for people who continue to spend more money than we take in cycle after cycle, my whole life, all right, finally vote for whoever promises me the most of it. Yeah, and then finally this from the Babylon B. I didn't read the whole thing, or I'm not going to read the whole thing, but it's pretty darn funny. It was review. It was a review from a one year old, and it's got a picture of the one year old city sitting there in a shirt like in the corner. Bathtime review a torrid, pointless affair from a picture the one year old with the blank expression you through the reviewer. I try to keep an open mind. I'm always trying new experiences. But it goes into how they didn't like the bath and at the very end, uh, I rate the Bathtime one star, though I wish I knew of some concept lower than one to rate it. I'd love to hear that whole thing. That sounds cute. It is pretty funny. And speaking of that sort of thing, we're gonna talk to Katie Green, part of the Armstrong and Getty Show. Who just had a baby a week ago. Uh, coming up a little bit. I wonder if they've had their first bath yet. I don't remember when you have your give the baby the first bath, do you. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's cleansing, certainly, but a quote unquote bath. Yeah, I don't remember when that starts.
Speaker 2: Put them in that little plastic thing that you buy that sits kind of over your big sink. One hand on them in old times because they're slippery as a seal. And the first the first time you give your first baby a bath, you're like horrified at the getting the temperature of the water right, and then falling out and all kinds of things. Oh stressful. And then you know, as more kids come along and by the time you by the time you're Elon Musk and you got your twelfth kid, you're giving a bath in the sink. Anything, guys, is nothing our third kid, do you l any? We just sprayed her with a hose. You're clean enough, Get back to work. Sorry, it's cold. Life is cold. Get used to it. I wish you were listening, right, So we'll talk to Katie. Coming up a little bit, and then we got a lot more stuff a lot more news to get into. We got to explain to you binance if you don't know, because that's going to be v word of maybe the next two years. If you miss the segment, it's podcast Armstrongandgeddy dot Com Armstrong and Geddy. Gavin Newsoon, the governor of California, just posted on Twitter that all Californians should boycott Chevron and not buy their gas there. And the pushback is quite enjoyable and hilarious. Oh I can't wait, So stay tuned for that.
Speaker 1: But first, the most important interview we will do today.
Speaker 2: Nay, this week, Nay, this month, nay, he says, like a horse this year. It's Katie, Katie, the baby lady, joining us from her home. Hello Katie, Hey, going guys. Easiest interview question in the hy for your mankind. How's being a mom?
Speaker 3: It's so great. It's one it's exhausting, but it's so wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's he's he's growing quick, which is really good. The doctors are happy about it. And I am healing. My doctor what he called me a wolverine the other the other day.
Speaker 2: He's like, the hell cool?
Speaker 1: But you know that's funny. I'd not been fully considering that. I remember our third was delivered via c section, and there you've got a new baby and you're recovering from major surgery.
Speaker 2: That's a hell of a hell of a deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's been difficult, but luckily enough, Drew has been so wonderful and he's been, you know, kind of making me rest because I was getting really frustrated. I don't I don't rest well. So, uh, he's been taking care of a lot of the stuff. But I've been helping out, and little Donovan's doing great, so great.
Speaker 2: When when when one was Donovan born?
Speaker 3: He was born at seven fifty seven PM on.
Speaker 2: The twelfth, the twelfth, so it has uh, it's been ten days and we're trying to remember, because you forget these things. When do you give a baby their first bath? Have you done that yet?
Speaker 3: You can do sponge baths right now. His umbilical cord is still attached. You can't like put them in the back yet, all right, Yeah, so just a little sponge bath.
Speaker 2: And you got a cinder with the hoods that.
Speaker 3: Have animal animal faces on them.
Speaker 2: Oh man, so cute.
Speaker 1: You got to send her that The link to the Babylon b article one year old reviews bath Time.
Speaker 2: Yes very funny. Yes, yeah, the baby did not give it. The baby gave it one star. Oh no, yea, what is happening to me?
Speaker 3: He has that look on his face constantly. What the hell are you doing?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: It's like a permanent face.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm used to a much quieter, more placid joint than this one.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I don't know what kind of crazy ass house you people are running, but my old place very dark and quiet.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask to be born, yeah, exactly. So ten days into parenthood, anything surprised you so far?
Speaker 3: You know what? Honestly, his ability to recognize certain things. So I noticed the other day that when Frankie barks, he doesn't even react, And so I was talking to the doctor about that. He's hurt Frankie in the womb. So there's like little little things like that drew in my voices. And his ability to like see us. I mean, he can't see a whole lot, but when you bring him real close to our faces, he smiles.
Speaker 2: Frankie is Katie's younger brother. If you are not a he barks for some reason. Right, Katie has a rare condition. Katie has a dog named Frankie obviously, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, sorry, my dog Frankie. When he barks, Donovan recognizes it. And then also my body is I mean, it's incredible. Since the tent or since the twelfth, I've lost thirty pounds.
Speaker 2: Wow, yikes. Yeah, just I.
Speaker 3: Mean just that it was all water weight, blood volume obviously the baby and all the stuff going on, but just kind of the ability to like bounce back.
Speaker 2: How is most of that transferred to me? I wonder over the last ten days.
Speaker 3: It was, Yeah, I signed a piece of paper, I said, give.
Speaker 2: It to that. Yeah, does little Donovan have a nickname yet? What's the go to for you? And Drew? And we've been called grandma and grandpa.
Speaker 3: We've been calling him Van.
Speaker 2: It's cool, that's that's a cool well, I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Van, Or currently, whenever he's feeding, mister mad monkey Man has been the uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 3: Takes his arms out and he shakes his head real hard and goes a to get licked the milk. It's very funny.
Speaker 2: I hope you're only giving that baby baby formula from the grocery store. Like Joe and I grew up on because the government wisely told our parents that the worst thing for a baby is the natural breast milk from mother's milk. No, use this from a factory instead.
Speaker 1: The twentieth century. Yeah, yeah, so go ahead.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Oh no, no, that that's what we're doing, just straight out of the box, not even mixing it with liquid. We're just giving him powder.
Speaker 2: There you go, so mad monkey man? Is that what you.
Speaker 3: Said, mister mad monkey man. Yeah, when he's feeding, he goes, he goes crazy, and it's very funny. I'll try to get a video of it because it's Yeah, it's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Our oldest Kate was born tightered in the Watchspring and and we always we often refer to her as Bel's a baby. Oh boy, that's pretty good. The pictures you had yesterday, Katie of a little van in various beanies was fantastic. In it reminded you have babies and baby clothes or toddlers in their little clothes. There's nothing cuter than that. It just it's absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got an absolute kick. So we've been having him in like onesies and stuff just because it's it's super easy. But the other day, well, Yeah, that doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 2: It has little ducks on it. That's sweet. Yeah, oh are they?
Speaker 3: Is it a footy Onesie does that little duck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cozy, cute, cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been sticking to the onesies. But the other day I came out of the nursery and I held him up because I put pants on him, and I thought it was the coolest thing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely pants, He's got pants on. That's fantastic. That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: So back to the whole recognizing Frankie's bark in you'r and drew his voices and stuff like this. I know you don't need to hear this, but you know, just to anybody who's who's gonna have a kid or might have a kid or whatever, the best and most thing you will ever do is, instead of staring at your phone when you take him for walks or whatever, to look at everything and name everything and talk about everything you see, the trees and the flowers and the birds and the squirrels and the grass and everything. It's just it's the best thing you can possibly do for your kid. And it's it's more fun. I think it was more fun for me than it was for the kids. I just loved doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's actually that's really I love that we did. We did a little bit of that yesterday. What was our first big outing without you know, a doctor's appointment involved. And we took him to the grocery store and everything he was looking at we were like, oh, yeah, those are cookies. Those will make you fat, but.
Speaker 2: Get some, you know, fantastic protein. My body protein is what you want exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But he's he's just he's wondering. Oh. And that's the other thing, the amount of sweet little old ladies that stop and talked to us, and yeah, talk to Donovan.
Speaker 2: What's hilarious, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh there he goes, he's yelling. He just said hi, guys.
Speaker 1: Oh fantastic. Well say hi to him for us and grandma and grandpa and the whole family.
Speaker 2: All right, say hey to Drew.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we'll do. And I miss you guys. He'll he will keeps sending pictures of the baby and hats.
Speaker 2: Cool, thank you, gay and pants if possible. Michael's got a question, Frankie, is he jealous of the baby or is he like like him?
Speaker 3: Frankie has been amazing at first he wasn't too sure what the heck we brought home. But now I mean for feeding, for changing anywhere we take Van, Frankie follows and he sits there and he likes to kiss his little toes, which is very Yeah, but like right now I'm sitting on the couch and Frankie is leaning up against me with his face kind of drooped over the bath net, just looking at Van at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had that experience with babies and dogs where the dogs completely get into the hole. Okay, this is something I need to protect and watch after mode just automatically. It's really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, part of the past, and that's exactly what's going on. And I was, you know, every I think that's something that every new mom worries about too, you know, like, oh god, how's the dog gonna ring?
Speaker 2: I was going to tell this later, I'll throw it. And now we had two dogs. One did that, the other one did not. And then we had to put him, put him down, my dog, Boguard, who was at the end of his life and kind of losing his mind and everything like that, and he was a danger around the baby. And there's there's no there's no wiggle room on that. So wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that I didn't think that that was going to be the outcome. But I also, you know, you never know, because that's you know. They there are sometimes where Frankie will get like real piss around the house and I was like, oh my god, this can't happen with the baby. He is he's completely in love and it's it's really nice. It's very gooch.
Speaker 2: It's a good boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good boy.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, great, great to talk to you. Go take care your kid and stay in touch.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, absolutely you guys, I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Say. Yeah. I remember my dad saying when Sam was born, our first keep them away from those animals, because you know, we had several dogs in the house. And uh, and the one was not doing well at that point. Great dog his whole life, but he was at the end of his life and and and I probably shouldn't even have waited to see, but uh, he was not going to work out. Tried him outside for a while, but he tried to bite me. And so anyway, so but the normal behavior of the dog, the dogs that I've seen now twice is yeah, they fall right into Okay, this is a member of the pack. We need to protect. Lay there next to him when they're sleeping, alert you sometimes when something's wrong. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've learned a lot in recent months about dog dementia, which is.
Speaker 2: A real thing. Clearly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're trying to figure out what some of Baxter's symptoms and tendencies were at the end of his life, and we're investigating that possibility. But yeah, it's absolutely a thing. The poor dog is full of fear and confusional. Yes, that's why bullet was. He was terrified, and that's when he tried to bite me. It's just like, you know, who are you? Why are you in this house or in the garage or whatever? And uh and like happens with people physically perfectly fine, even though he was old, but his mind is no longer worked. Yeah, yeah, it's too bad anyway. Uh he turned on a sad note. But that's a happy note. Her dog is protecting the baby like it's supposed to. Like normal things happen right again to review. She's got a dog named Frankie and her brother's name is mister Wolf Wolf.
Speaker 2: I was trying to come up.
Speaker 1: With a good ridiculous dog name. What's a good ridiculous Only a dog would have it name? Michael, help us.
Speaker 2: Out here, Fido?
Speaker 1: Yeah, can that's my dad came up with that one too. But I don't know, mister Spingles. Most of the people I know who have dogs, they name it with a person's name these days, yep, and.
Speaker 2: So lots of Maxes. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My neighbor Lee was smart. He named his dog Buddy because he realized that I called back. I called the Baxter Buddy all the time. You might as well call the dog buddy if you're gonna say, call here.
Speaker 2: Buddy, right. You know, I had a friend whose dogs name was already already already the one dog party. Now that's branding. Okay, we got more in the way to stay here. So we did not get into the fact that the governor of the biggest state in California, where Silicon Valley is and all the tech that you've heard about is based the AI stuff, he signed some sort of governor executive order putting companies on the hook for laying people off if they're using AI. Can't even imagine how that's supposed to work. This meaningless grand standing drivel, it's unimplementable. It is. I'm yeah, Well, just imagine in general, the idea of you're going to make it illegal for companies to use the latest technology that will make things more efficient. That'd be good for America. Virtue singling nonsense. So is this Gavin Newsome, Californians, if you're hitting the road this weekend, be sure to avoid Chevron. And that headline got me like, wow, you're telling people to You're boycotting a big giant gas company. Suit now Chevron now pro tip. Unbranded gas comes from the same refinery, storage tanks, and pipelines, and it meets the same state standards to keep your engine running clean, even if it doesn't have a fancy name like Techron. I've never paid any attention to that stuff. I turn into the gas station that's on the corner so I don't have to make a left turn. I've never paid any attention to it made with Techron or has this additive or whatever. No, I've never paid attention inout my life. Gavin goes on to say big oil is already making billions off of Trump's Iran war. Don't let them rip you off even more by overpaying for the brand name. Among the pieces of pushback Kevin Dalton, who is great at his commentary. First of all, I asked Grok. He said, hey, Grok, is it the tekron or the taxes in California that make gas significantly more expensive than everywhere else in the country. He goes on to post Californians, if you're hitting the road this holiday weekend, be sure to avoid California. Gavin Newsom and the Democratic super Majority gouge you at the pump and literally make more money than the oil companies do off of these gas taxes. Gavin Newsom is already making billions for the state off the gas tax and wasting the money. That is true. That's so good, And lots of people are hammering him just for the idea of boycotting a perfectly legitimate company out there that has, among other things, I personally am always willing to pay if you know it is true about that. I try to avoid left turns and traffic. I'll do the one on the right. But if I can do one of the big name brands that it's clean, and I know they've got a working bathroom and they're actually paper towels in the holder and liquid in the windshield wiper thing. I'll pay three cents extra for that. And that's what Chevron is or has better selection inside the store if you go in there to bike rap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's not leave out the fact that Gavin Newsom and his buddies have been demonizing the oil industry in California, including the refineries that grew up the special blend that California has to burn, been demonizing them and driving out of business, thereby necessitating importing oil and gasoline at a much greater expense to the environment from some of the dirtiest extracting regimes on Earth.
Speaker 2: I forgot to mention that a lot of horrify, a lot of the pushback was the California Chevron actually responded with, Hey, the gas in California that Gavin Newsom wants comes from other countries and is actually dirtier than blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: What you were just saying, Yeah, we wish we could refine good clean oil extracted cleanly locally, so it's not happening to be transporting around the world. But Gavin won't let us anymore. If people want to hurt you signal.
Speaker 2: If people pay a couple cents more because they want a nicer convenience store, which is what Chevron is, and everything else that goes with it, then then that's the free market of work, and people either will or they won't. Gavin. But as some political people pointed out and their replies, this is just a it's pretty clever. Actually, it's to make it about Chevron and gas companies and big oil and all this sisister's different sort of stuff to distract from the fact that California is so much more expensive with their gas in any other state, and they waste the money on crap, goes into the general funding just gets wasted. Yeah yeah, but sure, make it makes Chevron the bad guy, not the the high tax blue state that California is the whole preemptively clouding the water strategy. We've excited it a couple of times.
Speaker 1: The ridiculous Israeli rape dog story that came out a couple of days intentionally just before the Humanitarian Group released the horrific, practically unreadable review. Never mind the videos of the systematic rape and sexual torture of Israeli women, men and children by the forces of Hamas and the Palestinians.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they trotted out this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, israelises Israeli uses systematic rape in the prisons story just to cloud the waters before that release. It's it's a strategy now, Yeah, and as you said, it's disgusting, but it is fairly effective.
Speaker 2: Can be Gavin Newsen releasing this boycott Chevron thing the Friday of Memorial Day weekend, when people are going to drive and fill up their tanks. Is this Yeah, it's a preemptive move. Yeah. So you're standing there at the gas station angry at big oil and not or the war in Iran, as he pointed out, and not California's ridiculous taxes.
Speaker 1: If Gaffy and his evil henchman wife Jennifer sebel Nuisance, Uh, if they had the power to jail dissidence, they would, Oh heck, I'm quite certain of that. They would brew up some context. She would she would write out the uh, the uh, the indictment or the you know, disappearing papers about you know, transphobia, islamophobia, god knows what else, and yeah, we would be in dissident prison right now.
Speaker 2: So on the waning seconds of this hour. You talked earlier about you might buy a fancy coffee machine. Yeah, you gotta try that civic cat stuff I keep swearing to, but I keep forgetting to. I'm you know, just a small amount because it's super expensive. Well, I don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 1: I have my own civit cat, and I feed at coffee beads and then squeeze it to get it to.
Speaker 2: And then you go to the letter box and ye dig through the sand exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, kind I use a little strainer and then pop them right in the coffee machine.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm getting I'm getting notes of I'm not even gonna say civin cat ike. Mostly if you miss a segment of this here show, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. If you subscribe, it'll just get fed to your phone or your computer.
Speaker 1: And you automatically get Armstrong and Getty one more thing which never airs. It's secret and sometimes we use naughty want words in it to very music.
Speaker 2: So subscribe, won't you? I think you'll enjoy it. Armstrong and Getty