Speaker 1: You got your Second Date podcast, and today we've got a brand new say Yes to the X.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't do these too often, so I hope you enjoy the segment.
Speaker 3: Maybe a reason why we don't do them often, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yesterday's second date really resonated with a lot of people. That's the one where the girl had all the videos of the falling kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she thought that was really funny. That was her humor. Yeah, that was it. So what were people saying about it? We got we can't judge her. If you're listening to this show, you like people falling too, Yeah, yeah we are. Hey, women need to be more direct. Why do you just go up and ask for a guy's number? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe if there was a video of her falling, she could have added it to her collection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love.
Speaker 4: To have that in the chamber. Yeah, share with people like, oh, by the way, here's me too.
Speaker 3: But most everyone's on her side. Okay, what was funny?
Speaker 1: After we finished the second date with her yesterday, jose and I spent about ten minutes watching videos of kids falling.
Speaker 3: It's so good, Like literally, there's an Instagram page.
Speaker 4: It's easy to find. There's a seven Millie, You're not the only one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure. Well, hey, thanks for your comments always. We love the discussions.
Speaker 1: About these segments and keep them coming because we've got your brand new Say Yes to the X starting right now.
Speaker 2: When you look back on any failed relationship, there's always gonna be things you wish you had done differently. Yeah, like listened better, or taking them on more dates, or stopped calling them mommy.
Speaker 4: Trust me, we get it.
Speaker 2: But for one of our listeners, there's one particular night that he wishes he could do over because it ended with his girlfriend running out of the bar and out of his life for good.
Speaker 4: WHOA, we didn't cheat or.
Speaker 2: Anything like that, But he does fully regret his choices from that night, which is why he's asking for our help to get one more shot with the love of his life. It's a brand new Say Yes to the X, and we're gonna do it.
Speaker 4: Next.
Speaker 2: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and it's time for another heart throttling edition of Say Yes to the X. Help one of our listeners reach out to an old fling to find out if maybe there's any residual flang left to be flung because you never know, and it's okay to wonder about your exes sometimes, Brook certainly does. The question is will they want to reconcile with you or just run away screaming?
Speaker 1: If you use that residual word, then it's going to be runaway screaming.
Speaker 4: Everybody likes to be flung every once in a while.
Speaker 2: And today we've got Evan on the phone hoping to get in touch with an old past relationship.
Speaker 4: Evan, you got some flang you want to try reflinging?
Speaker 5: Hey, yes, yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Answer.
Speaker 4: I like that answer.
Speaker 2: So tell us who is this X and just tell us about her and your relationship together.
Speaker 5: Well, it's my ex Abby.
Speaker 4: Abby. You are you really sad?
Speaker 3: I know I was gonna say, are you sad? Or you low energy? Right now? Maybe just nervous? You know sometimes that.
Speaker 2: Can be I'm sad actually, Oh, Bud, what happened with you and Abby?
Speaker 4: Tell us about your dynamic together?
Speaker 5: Well? I really miss her. I thought she was the love of my life.
Speaker 3: WHOA wow, Yeah that's.
Speaker 4: A tough feeling. Yeah, like you feel helpless.
Speaker 3: How long did you date for?
Speaker 5: Oh? We did about a year and a half. It was great.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I mean I get it, like it can feel that way, but then when you meet somebody else that feels the same as you, then you really know that's the one you should be with.
Speaker 4: Oh, Brooks talking about her exes again.
Speaker 3: Saying like it sucks. I get what you're going through.
Speaker 1: I've definitely felt like I was totally in love with someone and they didn't love me back.
Speaker 2: You know, Brook you know I'm in the room right This is kind of embarrassing for you.
Speaker 3: Definitely not.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of downer vibes going on right now. To tell us about some highlights from your relations with Abby.
Speaker 4: What were the good times?
Speaker 5: Like, Well, we met a couple of years ago at a dive bar trivia night. You know, we bonded over not knowing any of the answers, and we bonded like I felt so connected to her. Okay. I'm a big personality guy. I like doing loud jokes and goofy stunts okay, And honestly, I think she liked that in the beginning.
Speaker 3: Oh what changed? Why didn't she like it in the end?
Speaker 5: I know, like we have so many things. We had fun road trips, late night tackle bell runs, matching Halloween costumes.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, a.
Speaker 4: Lot of history there.
Speaker 2: And if you're just joining us, we're in the middle of a segment called Say Yes to the Ex. Our listener Evan is on the phone with us. He got broken up with it sounds like, yeah, it was a woman named Abby. So far, we've heard about what the relationship was like before the breakup, but let's get to was there a specific thing that ended your relationship?
Speaker 4: Like, tell us how that went down.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's so embarrassing, but I went to karaoke and I was proposing.
Speaker 4: So wait her, you were going to do a marriage proposal?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean I feel like a year and a half was time.
Speaker 3: Did she?
Speaker 1: I mean, had you guys talked about marriage? Did she see this coming?
Speaker 5: I was like, we danced around it at times.
Speaker 4: That's the issue, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this was going to be a real surprise.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right. I tried to sing Nickelback's how You Remind Me.
Speaker 4: Well, that's where you went wrong?
Speaker 2: Well that is that a special song between you two? Is there some history to that?
Speaker 5: No, but I changed the lyrics to make it sound like a proposal.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out how that would go, this is why you should marry me.
Speaker 1: Did she let you finished the whole song or did she cut you off and say no?
Speaker 2: Sorry, we don't mean to laugh about it. But I think we need help understanding how that scene went down.
Speaker 5: I thought it would be fun. She woke up mortified.
Speaker 1: You know, some people are really anti public proposals, like it feels like too much pressure to a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Oh, were you able to chase after her? What happened?
Speaker 5: Watch I'd call her and shin the voicemail. And the next day she texts me breaking up. Oh, in this long text saying I was always on, I did pranks the wrong time. She felt like super thing to stand up act.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, but would you change that?
Speaker 2: Has it changed in the past six months since you guys broke up?
Speaker 5: Absolutely the past six months. I've done the work. I can balance it now.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you backed away, but you still are you?
Speaker 3: Maybe better timing?
Speaker 5: Yeah right, I'm not over the top anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: I could see if that was something already bothering her, and then you used a parody song to propose that it like just tipped it all over the.
Speaker 3: Gosh, what if we do a parody song to get her back.
Speaker 4: You can help.
Speaker 3: You're listening to.
Speaker 2: What she maybe she has grown over the past six months to enjoy more of it, and you're gonna meet right in the middle.
Speaker 4: Oh no, if he's not.
Speaker 1: Funny enough, I don't think it's a lack of humor. It's just the lack of sincerity. Maybe it sounds like she was missing.
Speaker 2: He sounds really sincere on the phone right now. Sure, And has there been any effort on your part, Evan lately to try and get a hold of her.
Speaker 5: Well, it seemed like she blocked me after a while. And you guys, really are my last hope?
Speaker 3: Are you just a little mad?
Speaker 1: Like you're that far into a relationship, you're proposing and then she only gives you a text and not even anything else, like you.
Speaker 5: You know, I felt that way in the beginning, But then thinking back to it, there's probably signs that she was trying to tell me and I just wasn't listening.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I love a self aware man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a very mature statement, almost too mature to be aired on our show, But we're going to keep it, and Evan, you.
Speaker 4: Know how this works.
Speaker 2: Our producer was able to get your ex girlfriend Abby on the phone. She is there right now. We told her someone is waiting on the other line wanting to talk to her. She just doesn't know that it's you yet, and.
Speaker 3: She doesn't know the name of the segment either.
Speaker 2: She hasn't heard any of this. When we come back, we are going to bring her on and tell her that it's you and find out if she is willing to maybe give you another chance and say yes to the X.
Speaker 3: Oh, she doesn't hang out on to a proposal this time, though.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not my choice.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: We're gonna find out when we do say yes to the X.
Speaker 2: Right after this, we're in the middle of a very special say Yes to the X.
Speaker 4: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Don't laugh so you can't play this song.
Speaker 2: I sure can because we're trying to help out our listener. Evan get in touch with his ex girlfriend Abby. And this one's a little different than ones we've done before because their breakup didn't happen over a petty fight or from cheating allegations.
Speaker 4: It happened while Evan was trying to.
Speaker 2: Propose to her via Nickelback parody song Okay oh Man, which didn't go the way Evan wanted. Instead, she stormed out of that karaoke bar and straight out of their relationship altogether.
Speaker 3: The next morning, broke up with it a long text.
Speaker 2: It's been six months since that night, and Evan has been desperately trying to fix it. We are his last resort, which always feels good when people.
Speaker 4: Tell us that, I would you play Papa Roaches last resort next?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And even though you got basically rejected for your proposal, Elevan, I want you to know there is hope because Brook, how many times did you say no to your husband Michael's terrible proposals before you finally gave in and said yes?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: You only asked once.
Speaker 1: I always said one but but but, but you have to.
Speaker 4: Actually say it.
Speaker 1: Listen, what I think that we need to concentrate on is Evan. You sound like you heard what her problems were in the relationship and that you have tried to fix them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's big.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what relationships are all about totally.
Speaker 4: But they're not actually in a relationship right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's the part we're He's.
Speaker 2: Trying to change himself into the man he thinks Abby wants him to be.
Speaker 3: No, just a better man.
Speaker 4: That's what I said.
Speaker 2: So, like you already know, Evan, your ex Abby is already on the line. Hasn't heard any of this. She does not know the reason that she has been brought onto the show yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So.
Speaker 1: If she has a bad reaction, don't feel hopeless. I think we can come back from.
Speaker 5: That, all right.
Speaker 2: We get a lot of bad reactions when people find out they're on our show. So let us talk to her a little bit first, and then we'll let you come in and re swoop her off her feet all.
Speaker 5: Over again, I guess.
Speaker 2: So, okay, all right, try to keep your breathing a little bit quieter while we talked to her at the beginning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't interrupt us, Abby, there.
Speaker 6: Hi, Yeah, Hi, I'm here, he Abby.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being on with us. Welcome to Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so glad you decided to come on the show.
Speaker 6: Thanks for having me. But I'm a little confused, like why I'm here? Did I win something or no?
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna find out in just a second, because this is a segment that we do where we try to reconnect you with somebody important from your past. Okay, and you have four hundred guesses to try and figure.
Speaker 4: Out who that is.
Speaker 3: Hot or colder?
Speaker 6: Are you saying like a long lost.
Speaker 2: Friend or I guess in a way in some ways they may have been your best friend at some point, because we're talking about your recent past, only like six months ago. Because this is a segment, the name of it is called say Yes to the X, so that might give you a little hint of who I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: He didn't lead with the title because the O is what we were worried about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wow, this is awkward. Okay. So did Evan talk to you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You do remember him dated a year and a half, but that's a.
Speaker 4: Good sign that you haven't forgot.
Speaker 2: About Yeah, well, we don't know that. I will tell you that we spoke to Evan a little bit. He seemed like a really nice guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, I mean he was a really good guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, and equally bad at trivia as you are.
Speaker 6: That's actually funny. He would tell you that.
Speaker 1: We kind of went down memory lane a little bit with him on some of the highlights and most love memories.
Speaker 6: So do you guys think that's healthy? Like to have him blurred out on the radio, like all the stuff that happened before our breakup.
Speaker 3: He's probably not the word.
Speaker 2: We're not therapists, so we're not in any place to determine what is healthy or not healthy. But we do feel like there's a lot of feelings on Evan's side that are unresolved, and the reason that he reached out to us is he was wondering if maybe you might be feeling any of those same feelings. And before you even answer that, I should probably let you know that Evan is actually here himself on the phone wanting to talk to you directly.
Speaker 6: I mean, so I don't really have a choice, but okay, hi.
Speaker 5: Evan, Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 6: I don't know, to be honest with you, I'm just confused and a little shocked.
Speaker 5: I've been thinking about you. I miss you, and I'm honestly, I'm sorry it had to be in the radio.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that kind of sucks. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: We suck.
Speaker 2: No offense taken on our side, Just so you know, it's totally cool. It was.
Speaker 6: I didn't mean to offend anybody it's.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's okay, we're joke.
Speaker 4: It's okay, we'll cry later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Evan hold of you. He said that maybe you had blocked him.
Speaker 6: I didn't block him. I just I just felt like space was good.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, Evan's told us that you've had more than a few months of space during that time, and I'll let you know. He did not feel sorry for himself at all. In fact, he told us that he's learned to take some situations more seriously. But I mean, he could probably tell you better than me.
Speaker 5: Evan, Well, I really want you to know that I've done the work. I don't do armpit noises anymore. I still think I'm funny, but I can be serious though, and I think, no, I know you deserve a better version of me.
Speaker 6: Well, that's really sweet.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to let you know I might have taken a few things before this called to relax me.
Speaker 3: Wait is that a joke?
Speaker 5: No, No, it's not a joke.
Speaker 2: No wonder he's so even Keel, What do you take if you have any recommendations? Are stressed in this studio most of the day.
Speaker 6: Okay, I appreciate you, Evan being vulnerable. I really do, so I probably want to be vulnerable with you them. Yeah, there's something you should know about that night that you proposed to me at karaoke.
Speaker 4: Oh that doesn't sound ominous.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about.
Speaker 6: Well, when you started singing that song, it just triggered something in me, something I never brought up to be honest with you, but I actually stated one of the guys from nickelback a long time ago, and it was weird. But I couldn't have you propose with a song that obviously reminded me of my ex.
Speaker 4: This is how you funny.
Speaker 5: That's crazy, Evan.
Speaker 6: You Evan, you and I have talked so many times. I mean, you believe in signs too, and that that was a sign for me.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's fair. That's not fair to Evan.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know you think it's a sign, but what if it's not. What if it's just a coincidence in you?
Speaker 6: I know, but it just all kind of flooded me at the same time, you know, and I had been going back and forth in my head, like what should I do? Should I break this off? I wasn't really expecting a proposal that night, and then when it happens. I just shut down like a clam and yeah. Yeah, so you think.
Speaker 5: A Nickelback guy that's cool?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah you like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it's a real quick changing emotion there. We are running out of time though here and again. The reason that we do this segment called Say Yes to the X is to find out if you would be willing to, like, not even get back together with him, but just open up a future con station and meet up to see if there's anything still left between you two.
Speaker 5: I really like that. I don't think our story is over, so I'd like to go out with you so you can get to know the new me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me look how chill he is.
Speaker 6: I think it's a little weird for us to try again, But I mean I can do coffee. Oh but you have to ask the coffee shop please do not play Nickelback. I just I can't.
Speaker 2: It's a weird request to go up to the barista and be like, by the way, no Nickelback on their playlist.
Speaker 4: This guy looks too much like Chad Kroger. We're going to another coffee shop, okay.
Speaker 3: The bice is like, yeah, we got you covered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like she is saying maybe yes to the ex Evan, how does that sound to you?
Speaker 5: Sounds great?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: We got the door cracked open?
Speaker 6: Me was that I had.
Speaker 5: A joke with you a little to a.
Speaker 2: Minimum, please pit farting change yourself, bro, I gotta take more medication for that, but you do it, bro.
Speaker 3: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if we can call that a successful say yes to the.
Speaker 3: X his little foot just in that door joke?
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: At least she would agree to a coffee meet up with him, and all it took was him drugging himself so he could completely change his personality and agree to never make jokes and never be with an earshot of a Nickelback song ever again, Just don't be him, and he's gonna have the greatest.
Speaker 6: Life, you guys.
Speaker 3: She wasn't saying don't ever make jokes. It's just better jokes.
Speaker 1: I hate a ballance they niffle back, though there was no balance in that.
Speaker 3: That sounded like it was pretty yes.
Speaker 2: Bad luck and he chose that and she used to date one of them. I mean, but who hasn't dated somebody from Nickelback. We're all guilty of that, so raising.
Speaker 1: Her handsome were multiple people from the band, so we give everybody grace for that.
Speaker 2: But if you ever want help getting back in touch with an X or somebody who's just dating you, you can always email The show will help you out.
Speaker 3: Just go to breakin Jeffrey dot com.