Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getti and no He Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 3: So we have millions of people, most of them are bad, to be honest with you. And by the way, if Republicans don't get them out, you will never win another election as a Republican. If you don't get these these people are all opened.
Speaker 2: So they vote and.
Speaker 3: They make Alda's crap with the voting. Oh well, you can vote, you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I mean, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: How you can get these people to vote. And if we don't get them out, Republicans will never win another election.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't want to spend a lot of time on this, but a lot of your news outlets are leading with it, because Troy, you don't have time to worry about the constitution. Jan Trump did what he did does yesterday, trolled mainstream media and everybody who hates him. He said on that podcast with Dan Bongino that the Republicans should nationalize the elections.
Speaker 2: So that has gone crazy everywhere. New York Times.
Speaker 4: Trump and an escalation calls for Republicans to nationalized elections. Blah blah blah blah blah. People nuts people, there's head to exploding. Mark Alpern his newsletter today, Should you take this literally or seriously?
Speaker 2: Neither. I agree. It's just he's just trolling, and it's just what he does. Whatever.
Speaker 4: Although you know, you know, January sixth happens, so I can understand how I think sometimes he says something maybe I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 5: But there have been a couple of really good opinion pieces lately. One was entitled Trump Not Unchained. I think that may have been the Wall Street Journal editorial board and the Free Press has been talking about how some of the proposals that are out there that shouldn't get through, they don't right the market or the bond market, or the Republican leadership or the courts or our allies say nope, and then it doesn't happen. No, it is unprecedented the extent to which Trump will troll. Joe Biden did a lot too, with like the loan forgiveness crap that was never going to happen. It was unconstitutional. But yeah, I'm not really worried about this one.
Speaker 4: No, God, no, the number of things you would have to do, get various Congress and states and all these different things to get on board with just never going to happen. I find the Dan Bongino story kind of interesting that he was a really successful, out there fringy conspiracy theory, hardcore red meat right podcaster, and then he got drafted to do a real job to rescind some of the things he'd talked about in the past and stick only to facts and show up in a tie and be told what to do.
Speaker 5: And he did it for a little while and thought, I want to go back to doing a podcast. First of all, paid better. Oh yeah, vastly better, vastly better. Right now, he's unbound by what's true. He can just say whatever he wants and entertain his audience. So anyway, good for him. Government work is who not for everybody. So speaking of being a I hesitate to use the word journalist, provider of content, content creator. You got America's bitterest fruit, Don Lemon.
Speaker 4: We missed the hym coming into the Grammys as a clip yesterday. Did you see that standing ovation everybody cheering like crazy when Don Lemon was announced being there?
Speaker 2: You know, I already hated the modern world and the world of the Grammys.
Speaker 5: And now you've you've somehow stoked the fires of my hatred to like consuming a city level.
Speaker 2: Cause you're lifting up Don Lemon as a hero, all.
Speaker 5: Right, who busted in with a bunch of marks and screamed and yelled and intimidated a church service into stopping. That's your hero, Don effing Lemon. I want to look for another line of work. I'm gonna have a heart attack. This is too much, too much anyway speaking, you know what, I can hardly restrain myself from from using naughty words that people should not hear.
Speaker 2: Well, he's out of jail now, right though.
Speaker 4: He he got he got jailed, and now he's out, and now he's gonna be charged with some sort of crime. And is this gonna be your daughters, I mean, your son's don pact on the streets.
Speaker 2: Wow. I had to do something to improve my own mood, all right. I had to amuse myself.
Speaker 5: I had to switch off the bitter the bitter pipe and turn on the amused pipe.
Speaker 2: Yes, Michael, it amused me too, thank you. But so is this gonna be? This is good?
Speaker 4: Like we talked about last week. Kind of an interesting constitutional question, oh beyond it, like if I can, like, you know, do something crazy and then immediately I got my cell phone on. I'm a journalist, so hey, you know I can do whatever I want. Yeah, Rubinfeld does a lot of writing.
Speaker 5: He's a professional constitutional law at Yale Law School, free speech lawyer. He writes through the Free Press, among others. And so the question is is Lemon potentially criminally liable for invading the church service and forcing it to stop, which is absolutely clearly a First Amendment violation, or is he constitutionally protected as a journalist. The short answer, there's no such thing as journalistic community and criminal law. So yes, he's potentially criminally liable, but proving he committed a crime will be quite difficult. And he points out many journalists seem to imagine that they can't be prosecuted if all they're doing is covering the news. And usually that's true, but reality's not so simple. By his own admission, Lemon met with the Cities Church protest group in advance, knew a lot about what they were planning to do, when and where they're planning to do it, kept those facts secret, and then entered and film the event while it was taking place. Now, imagine a journalist did all that, but the event being planned was a murder instead of a church service invasion. If you're an accomplice to a crime, videotaping the criminal act and streaming that video does not make you immune from prosecution. That would be a get out of jail free card. And given the fact that everybody has a phone and the means to disseminate what they record, there can be no immunity for journalists, on the other hand, dragging this to court and indicting them under US Code Title eighteen, section two forty.
Speaker 2: One conspiracy against rights.
Speaker 4: Well, on the other hand, would be you can't have journalists afraid to cover any story where people might get arrested, because they could just get arrested too. So you know, journalists all of a sudden can't what cover protests or anything or right right, that wouldn't be any good.
Speaker 2: But I'm our old news guy Marshall Phillips.
Speaker 4: He'd have been good to ask about this because he got arrested once as a journalist covering a green Peace story. And it's a very similar Don Lemon sort of thing. Because he was a journalist covering the story when they did something.
Speaker 2: I forget what they did. They broke into a I don't know, a place where they're abusing.
Speaker 4: A toad or something. I don't know, some water pipes or something or other. But he also was in agreement with their cause as a journalist, so he was like half an activist and journalist. But he got thrown in jail with the rest of them, and I don't remember how it turned out, but similar sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the laws are too vague. This is heading for the Supreme Court probably in thirty seven years because they delay as long as they possible.
Speaker 4: Okay, the idea of a major Supreme Court case being named for Don Lemon hurts my heart.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you'll remember in Lemon they ruled.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, I'm back to being bitter again. I was fine there for a second. Now you've made me angry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody agrees that.
Speaker 5: No, there's not some sort of blanket immunity, some get out of jail free card, blah blah blah, But nobody can figure out how to untangle it. If the test seems to be and the indictment actually that was filed seems to be leaning on several acts Lemon engaged in that look a lot like intentional assistance. For example, while live streaming before the event, Lemon kept his distance while the protesters were strategizing to keep critical information hidden, thank them and reminded them not to disclose the target of the operation on the live stream. Arguably that's knowing, encouragement and facilitation of the conduct, an attempt to help them succeed. Indeed, it seems Lemon was giving them advice to help them succeed. Yeah, clearly he is guilty of a vague law, the so called face freedom of access to clinic entrances, which makes it a crime to obstruct people in a church with the intent to intimidate or interface with anyone trying to worship there. But obstruction is defined narrowly. It means completely blocking an entrance or exit or quote, rendering passage to her from the church unreasonably difficult or hazardous.
Speaker 2: Did he do that?
Speaker 5: No evidence we've seen suggests he did, writes mister Rubenfeld. He could still be guilty as an aider or a better but so the law says. As long as I say, now, remember, folks, the exit is right here. And you should feel free to use it. I can just run into any church service I want and scream and yell obscenities.
Speaker 2: Are up with Marxism or down with Ice or whatever.
Speaker 4: Since we're talking about Ice, two things ice adjacent. Obviously, at the Grammys the other night, that was a hot topic. I didn't realize the Lady Gaga stuff we played where she got up there and condemned Ice and all that different sort of stuff. She was doing it live from Japan, one of the hardest countries to immigrate to in the entire world. They allow basically nobody who's not Japanese to come into the country. Screaming and cheering for open borders in America when she says, you know, we should, nobody could be illegal and all that sort of crap. So in the country she is in, absolutely nobody can come in. But yay for your country. Letting whoever the hell end all the time. And California introducing a bill that would bar ICE employees from becoming cops or teachers anywhere.
Speaker 2: In the state Illinois.
Speaker 4: If you ever worked at California, if you would ever work California or Ice, if you ever worked for ICE, you can't be a copper. A teacher in California would be that is.
Speaker 5: So patently idiotic and I can't even summon the energy to comment on it is performative and it is what we do now, which is just waiting.
Speaker 2: Well, that's one word for it.
Speaker 5: I wonder if Lady Giga would say, I would prefer this actually she were to say, oh, yeah, I know, I know it's ridiculous, but our young audience they all believe this crap.
Speaker 2: They've been taught it in school.
Speaker 5: So if I say something like that, they see me as like their friend andtor and all. But of course, yeah, nothing could be more ridiculous than advocating what I advocated from Japan.
Speaker 2: It's hilariously ironic.
Speaker 5: I would prefer that sort of dishonesty and cynicism to the simple minded, you know, stupidity that I think it probably is. On a completely different topic word from our friends at Prize Picks. They have a special max discount for the Big Game, The Big Big Game.
Speaker 2: It's live on the app right now.
Speaker 5: Drake May needs just one passing yard for the max discount to win. Just add another player to your lineup and if your pick's hit, you can cache in so it's essentially a freebie.
Speaker 4: One passing yard and a cinnamon roll, which we'll talk about coming up next segment. Yes, you should download the Prize Picks app. You know you can copy lineups from winners with a single click. Yeah, you come across somebody who think is just really good at it, follow the Prize Picks partners and it's with one click. It's a super cool way to do it. So download the Price Picks app today to get involved.
Speaker 5: Among pleasures that include being clothed, a cup of coffee, and a cinnamon roll.
Speaker 2: Is it's right at the pinnacle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So download that Prize Picks at today. Use the code Armstrong. You'll get fifty dollars in lineups after you play just a five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: That's the code Armstrong.
Speaker 5: They give you fifty dollars in lineups to play around with and have fun with after you play just five dollars lineup Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 4: So Drake made the big quarterback for the Patriots. Him and his wife very the very nice story. I thought we got a talking about his wife's bake goods. That's how he got into the zitnam n roll thing, and then then another new thing that's gonna happen with the Super Bowl on Sunday. If you don't like their halftime show, there is a there's another option, which makes us even more divided.
Speaker 2: That seems to be the theme of the week. Lots of stuff on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 6: Rank the center old snickerdoodle. She just made those for the linemen this week. That's my number one. Puppy Chow. I'll put puppy chow number number three. Gustachio Brad. I think it's good.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan.
Speaker 6: I'll put that a four in the crumble. Coffy Casher fie up with that too.
Speaker 4: That's Drake May, the quarterback of the Patriots, asked to rank his wife's baked.
Speaker 2: Goods one through five.
Speaker 4: Oh, because she has a she has an Instagram thing where she she bakes. And I thought, well, first of all, I'd never really heard him interviewed. He's very like normal seeming guy. They've been together since they were twelve. Wow, him and his wife, And I thought, okay, is this one of those athlete things, you know, like some of the football player's wives are golfer's wives. Were they're super hot and they and they they start their own career as a hottie. No, she looks like a mom and a wife in the kitchen showing how to bake cinnamon rolls. So she's got a thing where it's all about baking and stuff.
Speaker 5: All right, So she's not an enormous breasted bikini model, you know, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I assumed it was.
Speaker 4: Well, she's not dressed in such a way that you would really know, but that there's anything wrong with bucksomeness. Yeah, I mean I'm kind of turned off by the whole athletes. Okay, Now, your hot wife has got her own career being your wife, and where the bikini and the influencers. I thought it was a very nice, cool night. It seemed like normal people thing.
Speaker 2: So what's puppy chow? Do we know?
Speaker 4: I don't know what that baked good is that. I'll bet it too. I'll bet it is too. Two other super Bowl notes before.
Speaker 7: Move on, one to combat what I guess they think will be a super Bowl not for them, Bad Bunny the halftime show and Roger Goodell, who's the commissioner of the NFL, came out yesterday and he said he he has been talking with Bad Bunnies people and he doesn't expect there to be any controversy, just a good halftime performance by the number one streamed music artist in the world and etceterat cetera. Okay, say that if you want. I think there will be some politics.
Speaker 5: I wonder because I know the NFL has full approval of everything that happens, and I'll bet they hold a big chunk of change back.
Speaker 2: Yah, maybe they do that.
Speaker 4: If I'm bad Bunny, just to make sure you're total line. If I'm Bad Bunny, I just focus on my music.
Speaker 2: But that's me.
Speaker 4: But if you don't, if you don't like that. Turning point, USA is having a counter programming halftime show at the same time that they're putting together, including Kid Rock and a couple other.
Speaker 2: People that you can watch if you want to do that. So there we go. So now we're gonna.
Speaker 4: All watch our own individual politicized halftime shows, and you have even fewer. We want to get rid of that last common experience that we can talk about. Yeah, let's get rid of the last common thing that we all watch, shared experience, right, get rid of them all. How about I just talk to my friends and eat and drink too much, and then this one you'll kind of only get if you're a forty nine Ers fan. I got this text from a Seahawks fan friend of mine yesterday. We're corresponding back and forth about the Epstein files, which I want to talk about coming up later. But he said, oh, and by the way, my Seahawks are going to win the super Bowl in the forty nine ers stadium and you can't stop us. That is a pretty good flex if you're because that's quite a rivalry. That's quite a rivalry. We're gonna win the super Bowl in your stadium. You aren't there, well, you're you're well, all right, I'm rooting for the Patriots because of the Cinnamon rules.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not only did we spank you and send you home, We're gonna come into your house and win the.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl and hoist the trophy. So enjoy that, oh, you bastard the Ospreys. Oh, there's a fair amount of angst.
Speaker 5: By the way, in San Jose, which is Santa Clara's might as well be to say.
Speaker 2: It's all part of the South Bay and very close to each other.
Speaker 5: All the festivities, all the sexy stuff is happening in San Francisco, which is, you know, quite a drive if there's any traffic at all from Santa Clara as.
Speaker 2: Opposed to in beautiful San Jose. How long have they taken traffic?
Speaker 5: The San josers is the inhabitants are known are saying, what's happening there.
Speaker 4: Ontown San Francisco to Santa Clair. How long in traffic? Hour and a half in traffic?
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably you're probably looking at two hours.
Speaker 4: That's not exactly. If you're on the East Coast, you'd be going through three states.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, anyway, there's another Super Bowl note I wanted to get to or it doesn't matter. Oh hey, can I squeeze in one more thing about the Don Lemon thing? Number one, Don Lemon ought to be in jail or getting ass beaten. But certainly we never encourage violence in the Armstrong You Getty show, and that nobody should. That may be the only legal recourse. I'm not sure an ass beating is quote unquote illegal recourse, but I almost left out. Eric Rossbach, who's Vice president Senior Councilor at the Beckett Fund for Religious Liberty, said this, neither journalists or protesters enjoy any constitutional right to invade someone else's private space.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: By Lemon's logic, the KKK could claim a First Amendment right to storm a black church during services and stage of protest. Wow, that gets the First Amendment completely backwards. You defenders of Don Lemon, help me understand how that's not exactly right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't see a logical flaw there off the top of my head.
Speaker 2: We can talk to Laura any thoughts.
Speaker 4: Text Line four one kftc Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: Trump allies and Iron Hawks are putting pressure on the White House in the wake of the Iranian regime's deadly protest crackdown.
Speaker 8: President Trump, you said, help is on the way. That has to be real. It has to be real soon. You're Reagan. Plus, this is the defining moment in your presidency.
Speaker 2: Stand by the people.
Speaker 8: The Iola falls, the region changes bigger than the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was Sunday and Lindsey Graham. I think appealing to Trump's place in history, which is, you know, not just a Trump thing. And lots of people have done that with presidents, whether it's Abraham Lincoln or Prime Winston Churchill or whatever people appealing to the w Bush sure, I'm sure your role in history with this big decision to make before we get a little more of the where things are now with our negotiations with Iran in Bremer tweeted out last night, Trump is demanding far more than the old nuclear deal in Iran is unlikely to agree. That leaves force in the risk of a wider war with real consequences for oil and geopolitics.
Speaker 2: If the us h's Iran's leadership, which I think.
Speaker 4: We would, oil spike markets will react in Russia and China will be paying attention. Unlike Venezuela, this is going to be very hard to keep a local history has got so many examples of this sort of thing, where you know, you overreact or underreact the most recent event and then things swing wildly the other way, and like, so we had this incredibly huge success in Venezuela with the military build up and no fallout, no loss of life and all that sort of thing, and then you start to feel a little invincible, and then maybe you know, hitting Iran turns into a like the history of many many wars, much longer and more difficult than you thought.
Speaker 2: It was going to be.
Speaker 5: I would certainly hope we're working our Gulf state frontemies behind the scenes as vigorously as possible.
Speaker 4: God, I hope so too. Why wouldn't in Saudi Arabia like want to join in. Let's do in Iran once and for good, your main enemy, let's.
Speaker 2: Just finish them off. I think a you got two things.
Speaker 5: Number One, if I assume they're being sincere, it's a desire to avoid chaos because you never know what's going to happen. They feel like Iran is contained, it's weak. We can live with the status quo, says NBS.
Speaker 2: For instance, right now.
Speaker 5: But it's also possible that it's insincere that they and this is the longtime story of our quote unquote partners in the Middle East. Behind the scenes, they say, yeah, we totally get it. We know what you got to do.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and do it.
Speaker 5: But you understand, we've got to be out saying this is an outrage, this cannot stand. We are against imperialism. We're not going to do anything about it, but to keep our people quiet, we've got to act like we're against it.
Speaker 2: And maybe what's going on.
Speaker 4: Here, here's a little more of Jennifer Griffin on Fox laying out what's happening right now.
Speaker 1: After a warning from Syentcom, Iran now says it has no plans to carry out live fire exercises in the Strait of Hormuz, despite announcing last week the IRGC Navy would be holding drills in the Narrow Strait. In the Red Sea, the guided missile destroyer USS Delbert D. Black conducted a joint military exercise with Israel Sunday.
Speaker 4: Oh, Americans should know that if they start a war this time, it will be a regional war.
Speaker 1: President Trump said he plans to give negotiations a chance.
Speaker 2: Right now, we're talking to them.
Speaker 3: We're talking to Iran, and if we can watch something out that'd be great.
Speaker 5: And if we can't, probably.
Speaker 2: Bad things would happen.
Speaker 4: Probably bad things would happen. We have a lot of firepower there right now, and we're bringing more in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is really a unique set of circumstances. I mean, Iran's power structure is weird. Nobody quite understands it. If we were to hit them hard and the possibility of a regional war looms, what's the IRGC gonna do? Are they going to break off from the Ayatola and having no desire to see their incredibly profitable fiefdom undone, they'll reach out to the Trump administration quite possibly and say, look, we're ready to do business. We got rid O, weird beard, or you helped us too. Let's say all come to hell down. We don't need nukes.
Speaker 4: Who knows how religious are they? I don't think anybody really knows that.
Speaker 5: It's probably a mix of fundamentalists and you know, just materialists, greed heads. How about the people? Where do the people of Iran flow on? This depends on the nature of the attacks and how sustained. I mean, they can send rockets to and fro in a way that will hurt people, kill people, and damage a hell of a lot of property, including some of our best and brightest kids. And I don't want that for a second. But beyond that.
Speaker 2: What are you going to have like the.
Speaker 5: The Republican Guard, the Iranians army attacks Saudi Arabia in an effort to I don't know something, uh it just I mean, if there are a hell of a lot of potential conflicts in the world that if you know anything about it, you can guess.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're either going to do this or that.
Speaker 5: There's like, you know, I hate to indulge in the cliche, but they're like you know, riddles wrapped in conundrums, wrapped in you know, mysteries with Iran and how they might react.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, I was thinking about it. You abutsuaded me the other day.
Speaker 5: Warhawk Jack Armstrong with the status quo is awful, and there's no indication that the status quot will get less awful except maybe in the near term because they're scared, and so they're going to pretend to negotiate for a while like they've done a dozen other times. But Iran's going to keep Iranan unless something changes fundamentally.
Speaker 2: It's tempting. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was doing a deep dive on the Punic Wars yesterday. I was listening to a podcast about Hannibal invading the Roman Empire and that whole story and either know it or you don't, But I don't Carsage Carthage, right, And that's what I was going to bring up, is Carthage, which was.
Speaker 2: Carthage in my knees.
Speaker 4: It's all worn out, a little area in North Africa that was and this this is the only reason I bring this up is just all empires fall. We will at some point, they all do, and when it happens, you know, who knows. But Carthage was the mayor, major player in that area of the world for.
Speaker 2: Six hundred years.
Speaker 4: But then finally, you know, a new power like China or whatever, the world changes, and that was Rome absolutely just laid waste to the place, eventually just destroyed it. There's still ruins there, but I mean, it just never even grew back as a city.
Speaker 5: I couldn't have told you what continent Carthage was on. I assumed it was in Europe somewhere, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a North Africa Tunis was right across like a glorified lake from europe Y, which is part of the reason for their immigration problems obviously. Yeah, short boat ride and they would go over there and ruled by that whole area for a very very long time. But and then this is a side. This has nothing to do with anything other than I thought it was interesting.
Speaker 2: One of the.
Speaker 4: Greatest blood lettings in the history of warfare on the planet is Hannibal, and I don't forget which battle it was, but he ended up surrounding the Roman army and basically destroyed the Roman army. They killed they think between sixty and eighty thousand Roman soldiers in one day. They had him so with swords. Can you imagine what a physical job that would be.
Speaker 2: You'd get so.
Speaker 5: Tired from hacking people apart. I mean you'd have to go rest for a couple hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did have to rest.
Speaker 4: They had to rest for days, which played into them not moving forward to Rome and ending up taking over the Roman Empire and then Rome fights back blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But you know, take a history class you want to learn that. But just unbelievable.
Speaker 4: The writings about what that was like, in the hot heat and the blood everywhere and everything, just stunning.
Speaker 2: God, the world is gruesome. It is. It is.
Speaker 5: It's horrifying, and it's difficult for modern people, with our technology and our comfortable lives and our sophistication to imagine.
Speaker 2: And we all act like it's in the past.
Speaker 4: Right, and it could happen again so easily if you don't have somebody that keeps the order like the United States has for the last eighty years.
Speaker 5: That's what the help of Europe I've got another philosophical question about the nature of empire is after a quick word from our friends at Roughgreens, which is not a dog food.
Speaker 2: You don't change your dog's food.
Speaker 5: You just add Roughgreens and rough Greens does all sorts of things to address common nutritional deficiencies found in processed dog foods. It's all about reducing oxidative stress, supporting immune defense, slow age related decline, helping your dog stay active, mobile and alert as they age.
Speaker 4: Yep, you just add a scoop of Roughgreens on top of your dog's food. It is that easy, and you can try it for just the cost of shipping. Just add Roughgreens by offering a free Jumpstart trial bag to you right now to cover shipping. Use the discount code Armstrong to claim your free Jumpstyle try bag and they'll give you a little choice in there to cover the shipping.
Speaker 2: And then that's that easy. Wow.
Speaker 5: They let me try it free and all I have to do is cover the shipping. Excellent Roughgreens dot com. That's Ruffgreens dot com. Use that promo code Armstrong. Don't change your dog's food, just add rough Greens and watch the health benefits come alive. Roughgreens dot Com use the promo code armstrong woof.
Speaker 2: So I am no warmonger.
Speaker 5: I think I just understand that armed conflict will never go away from humankind. You got to be smart, You've got to be judicious. You cannot spend lives carelessly. That's an obscene thing to do. On the other hand, can you imagine describing to any sort of political expert or historian. Okay, here's an empire that wants to keep its empire and has been primarily a very benevolent empire. Like what it tries to do is spread peace and prosperity. But this empire finds itself in a place where if it isn't sure the outcome of something, it doesn't do anything.
Speaker 4: It just plays safe. Bets how long lan empire prevent defense? You might see it all on Sunday?
Speaker 5: Yeah, how do you like their chances? And now that's not an argument for recklessness or spending lives unnecessarily. But you've got a maligned force like Iran, which has proved for fifty years how rotten and evil they are, and they're the weakest they've ever been. You know, beware of parallels in history. But I'm reminded of when uh Elois Chickel Druber. I don't want to get the bell, when Hitler's army was way overstretched and was in the Sudate and land. In any decisive blow by the britz Are the French would have ended the Third Reich right then.
Speaker 2: But they're like, eh, not exactly ready. We're not sure how it and maybe we negotiate more. I don't know.
Speaker 5: And Hitler took that time to reinforce his troops and on it went to the horrors that we all know.
Speaker 2: So tough stuff.
Speaker 4: So the clapbacks against Billie Eilish continue, and I'm enjoying all of them. I'm enjoying all of them because it is give me one of the dumbest things an adult has ever said out loud.
Speaker 9: No one is illegal on stolen land.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, go clean your room. Okay, clean your room. The adults are talking. Or play me a fine meloon because you're good at that, but lay off anything that involves critical thinking. But anyway, I've got a little of that and a bunch of other stuff on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here, Armstrong Engetti.
Speaker 10: Eilish's multimillion dollar home is located on tribal lands. A spokesperson for the tribe tell the Daily Mail, we do understand that her home is situated in our ancestral land. We do value the instance when public figures provide visibility to the true history of this country.
Speaker 4: So that was a very nice way of the Indian tribe saying, oh, yeah, if it's stolen land, your house is on behigbout you give us your house.
Speaker 5: And at the same time the notion that you know, my ancestors hundreds of years ago used to hang around here, so it's essentially mine.
Speaker 2: What No, it's not.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, so this person calling Wright commented on this, and this is this is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Is Billie Eilish saying no human is illegal on stolen land.
Speaker 9: No one is illegal on stolen land.
Speaker 4: Which is you know, really ranks and the crowd cheered. So all of those people need to be held to account.
Speaker 2: Those of you jeered, Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: You've got to bring back up that James Lindsay analysis of that sentence, how it's a very reminiscent of maoist slogans because it doesn't really make any sense, but you think, what yeah, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the way it appeals to pleasure centers in your brain in certain ways these slogans, but it's confusing, so.
Speaker 2: It turns off your logical Yes, yes, that's so. What's so interesting?
Speaker 4: And we've all had that experience even if we're you know, Ramrod straight enough to ignore it and know you're not gonna get me with this, but you can feel in your brain it's like, Okay, it's got some nice words in there that sound pretty good, and I don't quite know why, but this is wrong. It's weird. It's weird how that stuff works. Anyway, this guy tweeted out, you cannot simultaneneus believe simultaneously believe these two things. One all borders are fake and should not be policed, and two that land can be stolen. Those things can't go together, right obviously, right, It just doesn't work either. Land belongs to everybody who's on it just because they're on it or the people before on it, and the other people ought to be kept at bay by.
Speaker 5: I don't know a border right, right, God, the internal illogic of it is so amazing. And again, the fact that anybody can be that nutty or dumb doesn't surprise me. But the fact that an auditorium full of people will cheer it wildly without spending a single second thinking about that contradiction and how dopey it.
Speaker 9: Is illegal on stolen land.
Speaker 2: That makes me insane. You know what we need, You know what we need right now?
Speaker 5: We need Ricky Gervas, the Great Ricky Gervas from twenty twenty at the Golden Globes Ricky hit It.
Speaker 2: Thirty two. Michael, if you do win an award tonight, don't use it as a platform to make a political speech.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: You're in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thumburg. So if you win, right, come up, accept your little award.
Speaker 3: Thank you, agent and your god.
Speaker 4: How he Ricky Travay's actually retweeted that after the Grammys and said they just don't learn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I don't know. Somebody ought to get to them.
Speaker 4: Somebody needed to break through the wall of the sick of vans and the handlers and the people who profit off of them and say, hey, this is actually doing you more harm than good people are. The bulk of people hate this. You're cutting off half of your customers for no gain. I know they're cheering in this room, so you think, oh my god, the whole country wants to carry me around on their shoulders. But that's not actually what's happening out in the real world. And the people who are cheering you were already on your side, so you've gained nothing, right, Yeah, ah kill me. Do you understand this story? They got a lot of attention yesterday.
Speaker 5: Elon must just plotting going to some Irish village and saying, you know, I own this place. My ancestors hundreds of years ago they owned it, so it's mine.
Speaker 2: I'd get a chille eley up my watsuo, yes, and that would be unpleasant, right up me McGillicuddy.
Speaker 4: So Elon is combining a I with space X, creating the world's most valuable private company? Do we understand what this means? Seemed to be a big deal. Elon. His argument was the most valuable private company in the world. He's rolling his whole AI thing into SpaceX together. But the e idea is there's just no way you can come up with enough energy on planet Earth to run what AI is going to require, because it takes so much electricity. So he's going to combine the two and in space he's going to build these electric generation power plants. He's going to build power plants in space because he can't do them on planet Earth. And that's going to run the AI, and that's why he had to combine SpaceX with AI. That's what I said yesterday. And it's supposedly a really really big deal.
Speaker 2: And then what do we do? Run an extension cord to Pluto. I don't know how that works, but.
Speaker 4: That'll be something if an individual batteries back and forth, not a country which has been doing you know, most of the big stuff in space forever. And now Elon's obviously made his own debt, but ad guy might build the first giant power plant in space that's maybe biger than anything that's on Earth to power his own stuff, which would be his only.
Speaker 2: I've taken it. What cost, no idea.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's a visionary and I'm not so I wish him well in the endeavor, but that seems loney tunes to me. And all of this while raising thirteen kids, it's just incredible.
Speaker 2: I got two kids. I barely have tersary change in diapers. I have two kids.
Speaker 4: I barely have time to tie my shoes, and Elon can do all these things quite amazing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well so.
Speaker 4: That is a very soh chat GPT is gonna go talking about going public. Do you think I'm thinking about investing in one of these? I'm want to get in and like you know, Nvidia took off. I wish i'd gotten in then that five years ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I could see taking a flyer on something like that if you can afford to, you.
Speaker 2: Know, have it go away. Yeah, why not? I don't want to be left behind.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 4: I was reading the other day about all of these AI startups that have been acquired in the last year or so as the Googles and the Opening Eyes and everything like that don't want competition, or you come up with a good idea that they want and they just throw so much money at these things. I mean, you can come up with an idea and in six months they give you twenty billion dollars to buy it from your just insane amounts of money that are getting thrown around the new gold rush in Silicon Valley. Wow, Wow, wish I weren't.
Speaker 5: So coming up with gender bending madness update The Cruel experiments on confused children may be coming to an end, but the woke crowd is not going away without a fight.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty