Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Convino Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching a f SR. Hey, Merry Christmas, everybody.
Speaker 1: A live out those locals.
Speaker 2: Happy Holidays past everybody, Jinglin and Janglin. This holiday week, it's Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio, broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Well Riches, Danny G, Sam Prefet Spotty, Everybody's there. I'm here in Idaho for the Sweet Potato Contest. Oh actually, I'm just happy to be here, Rich and our show sponsored by a DraftKings sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL and NBA, And right now use Promo Code CR Show to claim your special offerings at DraftKings. Again is Promo Code CR Show at DraftKings. The crown is yours right now. If you miss any of today's show, but shame on you. But no, you can catch it anytime. Danny G puts up each hour and the best of but better yet, watch our show.
Speaker 3: Watch what you hear at YouTube dot com, slash at covin on Rich FSR.
Speaker 1: That would mean a lot. That would be your.
Speaker 4: Little merry Christmas gift to the covene on Rich show.
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 1: You know what? Rich? I'm glad you said that because live chat.
Speaker 2: Not only could you watch what you hear, but you could chat live and chop it up and talk some smack. Adrian Reys already there talking smack nkk n KK four two o seven dp RSR, A lot of people chiming in. Evan, thank you, Wes, the usual suspects, everybody there chating live. We appreciate you and thanks again for being part of it. So we have lots to get to today, prizes, holiday gifts to give away, hot we got broke iron, Mike stopping by to do some trivia, so stick around for that. We'll talk some NBA, we'll talk some holiday classics. But first and first mostly I do want to say happy holidays again, thank you to all, and to all a big thank you and yeah, Merry Christmas for sure, Happy chinooka and Rich, congratulations because your forty nine ers look unstoppable.
Speaker 1: To quote my Niner gang. The City Baby.
Speaker 5: Rich carried the whole team last night.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, the City.
Speaker 2: They looked really Look I'm outside looking in, right, I'm not a forty nine ers guy, but I pay close attention because my buddy Rich likes Subcity.
Speaker 1: And what is it?
Speaker 2: A no punt November and December for these guys. They're unstoppable. Their offense looks insane.
Speaker 6: Their last punt was the very end of November. They did have a buy in there, but it's still a great status to say they haven't punted since the month of November.
Speaker 4: More's head and Morse, they're just dropping the mall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he looks bored, doing.
Speaker 4: Weird stretches, like he's just hanging.
Speaker 3: And I will say this, I'm not all sold on my Niners yet, but I will say they look explosive.
Speaker 1: Hey, bro, I know you don't want to jinxed them in any way.
Speaker 2: You're get too ahead of yourself, right, you don't want to be braggadocious and boastful after a big win. But dude, I'm telling you, I don't think anybody could have beat them last night. Philip Rivers looked great in his return. I thought he did a great job. Those picks at the end for both teams really didn't matter much. Rivers showed a lot old man Rivers that was fun to root for.
Speaker 1: Props to him. He did everything he could.
Speaker 2: Their defense couldn't do anything against the forty nine ers offense. I'm not sure anyone could Kittle. You know, Kittle actually had that other touchdown. They didn't even give it to him.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm watching with the sound off.
Speaker 5: That was no.
Speaker 3: Kittle was out of the game with a you know by that point, resting on that ankle.
Speaker 2: I'm schmoozing here in Idaho, but I'm watching the game with no sound on. Will everyone's you know, singing along to the Holiday classics?
Speaker 3: They just give me doing Christmas karaoke while he has the game on in the background.
Speaker 1: Dude, other families do sing along. Cards have all been said.
Speaker 2: Board games and everything that's not my ste lo. So I was sitting there watching the game, playing an old maid with his mother in law. No, no, no, I'm watching the game sound off, and I'm saying hi to everybody. But yo, they just have this knack of moving the ball down the field. When I saw Purdy and Rivers connecting at the end of the game, I see a young party saying, hey, man, I watched you growing up. It's the non or playing with you as he quoted. But for a rivers, I see him saying, hey, dude, you're the real deal kid. You know you got some real skill and it showed he's the perfect fit.
Speaker 1: For that team.
Speaker 2: I never want to hear any criticism against this guy again. They look solid, and I'm saying this all on behalf of rich because he doesn't want to sound bost.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to solid.
Speaker 3: I didn't even want to wear forty nine Ers gear today because I felt like it would be a little too mostful because I'm I'm ily optimistic because they do play. Dude, it's just as much their season as anybody else's, and they're last on the list as far as teams that people bring up. People are quick to bring up, you know, the Bills or the Patriots. Dude, the forty nine Ers are right in that mix, like DJ Khaled bro in the mix.
Speaker 1: A big game.
Speaker 3: Next Sunday night Primetime NBC, forty nine Ers are hosting the Bears.
Speaker 4: They beat the Bears on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Then I feel like Danny is it safe to say then I could say, all right, I'm buying in more like I'm not. You know, just last night they were just moving the ball where I looked too easy. I am too easy, So easy, bro, he scored at will I'm concerned about one thing, and I think Danny may know where I'm going. Without Nick Bosa, without Fred Warner, they're just putting no pressure on the quarterback. They scored forty eight points, so it was like, oh wow, they won by twenty something. Yeah, they gave You know, Philip Rivers is one hundred and forty four years old and he was sacked what once, Like there's no pressure by a rookie.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And there were even times where Philip Rivers rushed a couple of his passes and you could see afterwards he was upset, like I had a little more time, I could have put my feet down better.
Speaker 3: The only criticism for a really good night as a forty nine Ers fan is I don't know if you get away with that versus Caleb Williams. I don't think you get away with that versus Sam Darnold and other teams in the NFC. In the playoffs, you got to put pressure on the quarterback, and Philip Rivers was dude, it was.
Speaker 4: Great to watch. You know, it all worked out if you're just a fan of football.
Speaker 3: My team looked great, but I didn't want Philip Rivers to accumiliate it.
Speaker 2: So I think it was the best of both worlds for me. My team looked awesome, and.
Speaker 3: Philip Rivers really showed the world that yo, man, you're never too old. And I was really happy for him and Danny g putting on something funny.
Speaker 1: He said his wife Brenda's.
Speaker 3: Like, look at his Look at all his friends and family in the luxury booth in the box.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's just his immediate hiling.
Speaker 5: Those are just his kids.
Speaker 4: Is that wild?
Speaker 2: And you know what if you heard the tail end of the Great Dan Byer Sam played this farewell montage to Philip Rivers because maybe they were all there to say goodbye to his dad's return. Well, because they're out of it now, right, We're almost mathematically right. I mean it's they're out of it unless like Houston or the Jags lose out and something crazy happens, which won't happen. So you got to ask yourself, is there a reason for Philip Rivers to touch a football again. No, there really isn't why I put his health at risk. He came, he saw, he didn't conquer, but he looked great in the process. I thought he looked really good for especially for a guy in the age I didn't play for five years.
Speaker 3: If you're going to try to beat the Seahawks and the forty nine Ers back to back to keep your playoff hopes alive, I don't know if any backup quarterback in the National Football League could tackle upun.
Speaker 2: Attended that that obstacle. I mean, if you said, hey, Philip Rivers, come in, we're playing you know, the Cardinals, and we're playing the Jets.
Speaker 4: Then you're like, all right, well we could do this.
Speaker 3: Did you think any backup quarterback Danny in the NFL is coming in to beat Seattle in Seattle and.
Speaker 2: Then beat the forty nine ers. That's a really tough ass. That's a tall order.
Speaker 3: I think Philip Rivers did everything possible. In fact, there were all the signs that it was it for him. Not only did he have his whole family on hand. Afterwards, he waited around to give a little bro hug and wap up de Winters, who intercepted that pass, which, by the way, I'm not making excuses for old man Rivers, that was not his fault.
Speaker 4: That tight end.
Speaker 3: Totally telegraphed that so turnaround, he did no help in selling. He oversold it where he gave away the play like he turned his head around. He let d Winters jump that route. Terrible play by that tight end.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: It didn't help Rivers by any means. But I think we all reaped the benefits of a fun, high scoring Monday night game. We saw Philip Rivers play hard and not get embarrassed. I don't think anyone wanted to see him get embarrassed unless you hate the Colts or Philip Rivers for some weird reason, and you saw the real deal of an offense. You're right, Rich if your team makes some defensive tweaks, they're right in it, man, Yeah, right in it. And that was a really good showing for brock Party. He's back his past few games. He's back. They're clicking at just the right time. They're gelling like Magellan as they said in the nineties, and or as doctor Schulz said in the nineties, they're jelling at just the right time.
Speaker 1: Collective soul style.
Speaker 3: I think a big task that I think we all know it's happening. So let's just put a little extra highlighter on that Sunday night game Niners hosting the Bears. If the Niners win that game Week eighteen against the Seahawks will be for the one seed.
Speaker 2: That's a great game, man, which is I'd be shocked if the Bear and now the Bears again, I've been looking good. We just we've been under a them all season. I was just really sold on how hard your forty nine ers were clicking. If their defense could stop the Bears, they win that game. I think there's another factor. How bad is Kittle's ankle?
Speaker 3: He downplayed in the post game, saying, hey, listen, it's not a high ankle sprain, but yeah, I'm in some pain and we will see, Like, uh, profet, is there any update on Kittle's ankle?
Speaker 8: Funny you should say that. I just saw that that Fowler is saying Kittle is dealing with what is being called a quote mid to low ankle sprain right now.
Speaker 3: So maybe as a decoy, maybe he rests up, maybe he gets some reps. I think against the Bears at home, such a game of importance, like, well, again, this is the the importance is so high. So if Kittle could play, he'll be out there. But I guess you just got to put him in one of those cryo chambers for the next five days and don't bet his his ankle feels better, tape it up, a little brace or something.
Speaker 1: You need him, You definitely need I mean, of course you do.
Speaker 3: He's such a part of what makes that offense work, blocking, catching passes.
Speaker 2: George Kittle, Sam, I know you're a fan Iowa boy. He's the heart of that team of beast.
Speaker 4: He's so tenacious, he's.
Speaker 2: That he's got that typical tight end quality. A great tight end has to be a gamer, and he's he's the epitome of every of what every team should want in their tight end for sure. So yeah, let's just hope he's okay because that just makes everything more exciting. Rich I feel like we've downplayed the forty nine ers for a long time.
Speaker 3: Well, but you know what, because, as I believe Trey Aikman and Joe Buck even pointed out, when Nick Bosa and Fred Warner went down and Big Trent, Big Trent Williams talked about this after the game when he sat down with Scott Van Pelt. When a guy like Fred Warner goes down, who's essentially your quarterback on defense, he's your team leader, everyone in the locker room gets down because the reality is you're feeling like, oh, man, like we're good, but we just lost, like the best player on our team. And he said, Kyle Shanahan is such a great coach that he will He has done such a great job of telling this team like no, no, no. While Fred Wanner is the best in the game, you guys could still do this. And props to Kyle Shanahan. As brock Party said last night, he pulled out the whole Shanahan playbook. Last night they didn't have to punt once. So I'm done hanging from my Niners suavos. But I do have a question for you. After the game last night, I.
Speaker 2: Saw I said no to giant Jenga because I don't do that. Oh after the karaoke they broke out the Jenga.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, I don't do that. Would you kidding me? Playing apples to apples, this cavino, this category, No, I don't do that.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I watch about what they busted when they busted out the UNO cards.
Speaker 5: You were first in.
Speaker 2: Line, though, Now you know what, Danny, those things just make me. I don't know, they make me feel so awkward inside. Like family fun time like that.
Speaker 3: It's just not my val I don't care why family fun time with your girlfriend and her family would be weird if they said, just I.
Speaker 1: Just I don't know. I feel extra vulnerable. Like you know, I don't like it.
Speaker 4: You makes you feel vulnerable?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like it. No, I don't have the attentions of it. I really don't. I get so bored. I get so bored from those games, dude. That's why they're called bored. Game the hell out of me.
Speaker 3: If I told you you were playing charades or something where you really had to put yourself out there and act out something, that's one thing.
Speaker 4: But you know, makes you feel vulnerable.
Speaker 1: I hate. I don't like kind of what my here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I don't like playing with my own family, let alone like someone else's family.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: No, thanks, dude, yo, you you get anxiety to drop like a draw four on her dad or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like the whole vibe. Of it, and and they're in my girlfriend's family.
Speaker 1: I love them. They're great.
Speaker 2: They're listening on ninety nine to nine Idaho right Fox Sports Radio, Idaho. And they're a big time board game family, Like, let's bust out the board games.
Speaker 3: Let's you know, my pal that I work with at serious XM to call her family every time the holidays hit. I see on like her ig story, like they're playing Yatzi and Monopoly.
Speaker 2: And some people I say Nazi. No, thank well, don't say Nazi.
Speaker 1: I don't mean it.
Speaker 2: I don't mean an as. I mean I think you should it to start ot z. Yeah, well yeah, not that kind.
Speaker 3: But yeah, some people are board game families. Some people like to just chill, have a drink and listen to music. Other families, you know, you could say, equally boring is a bunch of lumpy dudes like your uncles and dad's not talking, just sitting scratching their belly watching a game.
Speaker 1: That's sort of boring too, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm a good audience. You know, I sit there with a drink and chat and laugh. You know, call me old fashioned rich, but I'd rather sit there with old fashion and share a fun conversation, you know, so that's what I did after the game.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so you were onto something.
Speaker 3: So after the game when Cavino was saying, yeah, don't I don't do Jenga and you were trying to dip away. I saw two legendary running backs, Christian McCaffrey, beast and his beautiful wife and daughter, Like who's living a better life?
Speaker 2: And that guy man Olivia Colpo McCaffrey power couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just he's so great.
Speaker 5: Rich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really great game and as you saw last night, like I said, I couldn't I could see, but I couldn't hear anything.
Speaker 1: You ever had it right out there with the greats?
Speaker 3: You ever have those debates like nature and nurture in the world of sports, right, Like like.
Speaker 1: His dad, Ed.
Speaker 3: McCaffrey, great football receiver back in our childhood, Have you ever seen what Ed McCaffrey would have his kid do we saw we saw on receiver am Mara Saint Brown's dad's like the most militant he's been kids doing push ups and bench res when he's five. McCaffrey was always told, like you have to have an early bedtime. This guy's been Christian McCaffrey from a time he was a little boy. Always knew that he wasn't gonna be a party kid. He wasn't gonna be drinking and drugging. He knew that he was going to go to sleep like eight pm every day. He's going to work out. From the time he was a little child.
Speaker 1: He puts the work in and it shows.
Speaker 3: Everything from his diet, Like this kid was probably on a nutrition plan when he was nine. So you see McCaffrey out there and he's wapping up in bro hugging Jonathan Taylor and they do a jersey swap, and it seemed like a really beautiful moment.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: What happens and how often do you think it happens when somebody of I'm.
Speaker 2: From Jersey rich That's when back in the day, it wasn't like we didn't exchange shirts.
Speaker 1: We exchanged gold chains.
Speaker 3: Bro, Oh, that's the jersey swap. Yeah, you exchange Italian gold horns back in my nineties Guido days. Yeah, but I really do want to know, I said, sut of probably embarrassing, but how do you work your way out of the request for.
Speaker 1: A jersey swap?
Speaker 4: But it's not someone of a high enough magnitude.
Speaker 1: You're not saying that, You're not implying that's what happened.
Speaker 2: No, I think these are two these are two guys with the jerseys say that's a great one right there. But I feel you that's why that happened recently. Bro, I'm pretty sure that happened where someone got denied. Danny g double checked it. I feel like I saw that recently, or I thought I had that thought.
Speaker 3: Like if you see a Steph Curry and like a Giannis or someone I don't know doing a jersey swapp or in the NFL, it happens more because they play each other less.
Speaker 2: But if you were to see it's got to be a mutual respect.
Speaker 3: If you would have see like some let's say some young tight end that we don't know, or some young defenders like yo yo kittle jersey swap, Like could he be like, yeah, nah, can you say no, it's dam that's really you know, it paints, it paints, it paints you.
Speaker 2: Will I'm good, weird, No, No thanks, I'm good, No thanks, I'm good, thank you.
Speaker 5: Tim.
Speaker 2: You know you could respectfully decline the offer. You really could. It's like, I don't know how to how to put it, like, Rich, your time is of value, right, Can you go and hang with everybody that you work with?
Speaker 1: No, you can't, cove.
Speaker 6: I do remember last season in the NBA, SGA denied a jersey swap with Miles Bridges.
Speaker 1: See you I remember that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember that being a headline.
Speaker 1: So I feel like it has happened before.
Speaker 2: But my point in saying that was like, there's just an unwritten understanding where let's say a higher up at Fox Sports Rich invited you to a holiday get together, You're probably gonna be like, yeah, you know, I gotta make time as higher up or a colleague of yours, of on the equal playing field. Right, If Stu Goats or Dan Byer or somebody here Colin invited you to a holiday party, were like, yeah, I'm gonna have to make time. But if so, I'm young kid is having a little get together at his apartment or something, you might not be as willing.
Speaker 1: And it's not because you don't like it sounds a little big timing.
Speaker 2: It sounds big timy, but are you I'm just trying to put it in everyday terms, right, Like you're really not gonna make that same attempt to make it happen. You might do your best, but there's an understanding that you might not be able to do that because your time is of value. It's not because you're too cool. If so, you're not gonna just jersey swap with everybody that requests it.
Speaker 3: If THEOV or Joe Rogan was like, Yo, come on my podcast, you're dropping everything. I mean, if Joe Schmo's like, hey, man, can you do my podcast, you might be like, yo, I'd like to, but let me see if it works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't just it's a little big timy. But you can't just say yes to everybody. Hey, when you say yes to something, you're saying no to something else. If Sga is saying yes to this guy, he's saying no to someone else who.
Speaker 1: Might be a little more worthy.
Speaker 2: And when I say worthy, I mean like James Yes, someone who's paid their dues, someone on.
Speaker 1: That level worthy.
Speaker 2: Hey, as the game goes, as they played last night, apples to apples, rich, it's got to be apples to apples. Yeah, it can't be someone who hasn't. It's got to be an honor.
Speaker 1: For the other guy. What does the other guy get out of it. Yeah, I know what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Like if it was like Christian McCaffrey and the backup, backup running back for the Colts, it'll be like you're gonna give McCaffrey keep.
Speaker 2: A charity situation, Like, hey, that guy's got to earn that.
Speaker 6: Do the players have to have like a list in their back pocket of Madden ratings?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what, here's how they have to approach it though. Right, let's say it's a special team nobody. Hey McCaffrey, I'm a big fan. I'm I really adore and admire everything you do, Like there has to be a little more to it, like, hey, I'm only in the NFL because of you, and you're making that dude's childhood dream come true.
Speaker 1: You know that's really it.
Speaker 2: You have to really humble yourself to expect that in return.
Speaker 1: I know it sounds.
Speaker 2: Crazy because people don't like hierarchy in today's world, but there is one. I'm sorry, that's just how life works, and I know people don't like that. It's like these a lot of and I'm not calling out the weien Eels, they're great, but they expect to be on on Well, it's actually the bottom of the totem pole because the bottom is the more powerful, right, But they expect to be right up there playing in the big leagues without putting their dues in. You got to put your dues in, man, That's just really what it is, Just an interesting thought.
Speaker 1: I saw.
Speaker 3: I saw the jersey swap, and I'm like, that's a nice equal jersey swap.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's times where a player's like, oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: And you know, we all start off, dude, I would never expect that as a young man coming up.
Speaker 1: You got to earn earn it. You got to earn it.
Speaker 2: At least those are the rules we were taught and we played by young people have different expectations and every path is different. But uh, I think you respectfully decline unless there's no unless there's no one, if you're not giving it to anyone else. Maybe I don't know your thoughts. You know, no one likes to hear those things. But like, let's say you're at a club in Vegas when you're a younger guy.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, like.
Speaker 3: They bring they let the hot girls in. They don't let the dudes or the ugly girls. It's you know, like there's there. Yeah, yeah, r everybody right. Nobody likes it, but just how life works.
Speaker 4: No one needs to hear those things, but it's true.
Speaker 1: It's kind of true.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, we have more covin on rich. Congrats to the forty nine ers last night, putting themselves in a category now of like, ooh, teams that you might be scared of going into the postseason.
Speaker 2: I think they solidify themselves in the conversation for sure.
Speaker 1: Man, I was.
Speaker 2: I was really impressed with what I saw. Just like I said, they made it look really easy to move the ball down the field. It's like every play they executed, every play, man, the only weakness is zero pressure on the opposing quarterback.
Speaker 1: And I'm talking about the offense.
Speaker 3: And we'll see how that works out against Kayleb Williams next week. That is your game of the week by far. So we'll get to uh, we'll get to that. We'll talk about some Christmas classics. Cavino has a dilemma. He's not playing scategories tonight. But no, there's a uh.
Speaker 2: What's that other week one that people that Shannon brought and she brings all the time. What's that other one that people love to play as a newer one. Oh what does it mean?
Speaker 1: No, that's the other one.
Speaker 2: Uh oh man, what is it called? Spiny knows what I'm talking about. I don't play any of those games.
Speaker 4: It's that's the dirty version of apples to apples.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 1: A yeah against humanity?
Speaker 4: Talks against humanity?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, thanks, man, I'd rather, uh, like I said, rather have a conversation than play these awkward games with people.
Speaker 3: Well, Cavino has an old school dilemma, and I think you guys are gonna love it, and and it somehow ties into classic sports. We'll get to that. Ben Simmons, the Fisherman, We'll get to that. Somebody random stories today, we'll get to all of it right here. Cavino Rich on Fox Sports Radio two days before Christmas.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Hey Rich, quick time out, Holiday upgrade, Check time out?
Speaker 1: Hold us still watching the games on that old small.
Speaker 2: Weak ass TV. If you are, you've only seen about half the game and all your friends are making fun of you. That's why you need to hop on the bandwagon that we're on. TCL the QM eight k QD Mini Led that's the real MVP you're looking at it Ultimate brightness, ultimate black levels, the ultimate experience, pictures so clear you could taste the turf. And it's not just foosball. I'll be watching a holiday classic tonight. Maybe we'll tell you about it. Movies look cinematic, games feel smoother and yes, everybody, all your company, the in laws notice, even ours. Here's the play guys. Holiday Savings at TCL. Go premium with the eight with the QM eight K which I talked about. That's the ultimate choice or the versatile QM six K for an elevated game day experience.
Speaker 3: And don't overthink it. Just lock in the Ultimate Savings epic bragging rights all season long. Get it while supplies last.
Speaker 2: TCL, the official TV partner of the NFL. Find TCL at all made your retailers TCL bigger, brighter, better holidays, select models, limited time. See all major retailers for the detailers TCL dot com.
Speaker 1: Polly Foods Go ahead with Tony Foodsco.
Speaker 7: Yeah, as everybody knows, we're the hosts of the award winning Polly and Tony Foodsco.
Speaker 5: Show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but instead of us telling you how great we are, here's how Dan Patrick described us when he came on our.
Speaker 2: Show, quick, knowledgeable and funny, opinionated.
Speaker 1: What what are you doing? Were interrupting our promo? Yeah, you wasn't talking about you.
Speaker 9: You took those clips totally out of context.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, well after this promo, I'm gonna take you out and beat you.
Speaker 1: Let me put this into context. Shut up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, anyway, just listen to the Paully and Tony Fusco Show on iHeartRadio, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yea, hey, hey, Happy holidays. Yeah, Buddy, Coavio and Rich. I'm live from Idaho for the big Potato drop for New Year's Here for the holidays, live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Everybody else Danny g Sam Purfet, and of course spot in Dicky Davis. And with the success of our college basketball bracket challenge each March, we decided to do a bracket challenge for college football playoffs. Now that there's eighteen outstanding, it's Bracket Challenge time, competing against our Fox Sports Radio hosts, Cafino and Rich and more and against fellow listeners to see who has the best college football playoff bracket. Play for your chance to win one thousand dollars one thousand dollars. Visit Fox Sports Radio Playoffs dot iHeart dot com to register, get the rules, and fill out your bracket.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 2: Fox Sports Radio dot iHeart dot com. Playoffs antres will be open just before kickoff is seven to thirty pm Eastern on New Year's Eve. Again, fill out your bracket Fox Sports Radio dot iHeart dot com for your chance to win a thousand bucks spot.
Speaker 3: Hey, they didn't point out that playoff drop last night, and they downplayed it. They made it seem like, oh, you hear it a couple times a year. I feel like in sports radio and TV you hear it all the time.
Speaker 2: For the last I would say, playoffs in practice practice, those are like the two the top two playoffs.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: And I'm a man, I'm forty practice. What does a ton of them?
Speaker 5: Not a game?
Speaker 1: So practice?
Speaker 2: We talked by the way rich practice, I know how we said, I'm.
Speaker 4: A man far Yeah, you just played all the most popular ones.
Speaker 2: Jersey swaps have to be sort of a mutual respect sort of thing. I just hit up Rob Parker and we're gonna do a ross dress for less sweatshirt swap right after the show today.
Speaker 4: See that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: You fore, I gotta I gotta give credit to Dandy G for that one Daddy G produced.
Speaker 1: In the last behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Uh, but yeah, we're gonna do that eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox Coke, you know, and Rich Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Now, Rich, hold on, I'm in the middle of playing a game. You know that new the name game thing on social media. Here, hold up.
Speaker 5: As as trash trash, ass ass trash and.
Speaker 4: It just pictures of Gino and Pete Carroll.
Speaker 1: Asrash trash. You know what I'm doing? Actually, you know I'm a big fight thing, right. Sorry.
Speaker 2: I love a nice heinie, I love the holidays, and I love a good fight.
Speaker 1: Do you know the stats came in. I gotta throw this out.
Speaker 2: There because we're fresh off this Jake Paul Anthony Joshua fight.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Do you know that Jake Paul is part of two of the top three most watched boxing matches of all time. So say what you want about the guy. I'll give it to you real quick, just to put it in perspective. Top five most watched boxing matches of all time. Mayweather McGregor. They started the spectacle off right, the circus fights, four point three million people tuned in.
Speaker 1: I remember where I was. We watched it in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Rich four point three million people tuned into that McGregor and Mayweather fight in twenty seventeen four point three okay, number four Mayweather pokiow Everybody waited so long it finally happened. Four point six million tuned into that in twenty fifteen. Get this coming in at number three most watched boxing matches of all time of the twenty first century. Jake Paul Anthony Joshua this past weekend thirty three million.
Speaker 1: So I just want you to see that the jump that it made.
Speaker 2: Mayweather POKIOO four point six, Paul Joshua thirty three million. All right, Number two Canelo Crawford forty one million, and the number one most watched boxing match of all time Jake Paul Tyson last year one hundred and.
Speaker 1: Eight million in peace damn.
Speaker 4: So you know, hate him, love him. Jake Paul brings the eyes.
Speaker 1: He really does. Man, it's changing the game.
Speaker 2: Like when you're talking four point something million, that's like baby games compared to the forty and one hundred million that we're tuning in for these other Netflix events still Paul Events, and now I want to talk about things that we have to watch this holiday season. Can I first just say this Rich, because I forgot to mention this on our Patreon today. Shout out to the Carls of Patreon, the Covino and Rich listeners on our Patreon.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be on the History Channel tonight. Yeah, buddy, what he talking? What do you know about history?
Speaker 2: Not a whole lot, but I'm making it and I'll be on tonight with a brand new episode.
Speaker 1: Danny Trejo's Oh Mysteries Unearthed.
Speaker 3: I think you're going to talk about that time President taff got caught in a bathtub.
Speaker 1: You're not doing that special on the History Channel. No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: So tune in tonight the History Channel just for something to watch because I forgot to mention it earlier today and.
Speaker 3: I forgot to mention that the Road to Milan runs through Saint Louis. See Ilia milanins Alyssa, lou and Amberg Line compete in the twenty twenty sixth Priviaging US Figure Skating Championships.
Speaker 4: That's January seventh.
Speaker 1: To the eleventh.
Speaker 3: If you're interested, be there as the twenty twenty sixth US Olympic Figure Skating team is named Live tickets available at US figure Skating dot org.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, look at that man. So thank you guys again for hanging out with us, but look out for me. Tonight on Found Fortunes is the episode called Found Fortunes on Mysteries on Earth with Danny Trejo History Channel. And then after that, right after I boast in front of the in laws and hey, look at me, as I point at myself, gottnardos DiCaprio, I have a question.
Speaker 3: Do you let them though you're on or do you just casually put on the History Channel and wait for like your father in law to be like.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Truthfully, I'll probably I'll probably be at the beginner. If you know what, man Rich, I wish people cared. Nobody cares, Nobody gives it deadly squat. Imagine if your dad was on TV or someone you knew growing up, the whole family would be around to watch.
Speaker 1: No one gives a turd about your boy.
Speaker 6: I think Covino runs to the bathroom, puts TV makeup on, sits down in the same outfit that he's going to be on the TV show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, strangers at the bar, Matt are going to care more than people that know me, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So there there was a funny time. Can I just tell a quick story. We'll go to Profet's update after the script story and now, no, we're going to.
Speaker 2: Talk about what you need to watch tonight. Okay, classic, Now we did.
Speaker 3: We did a TV show for ESPN and it would air at different times. Now We're never, Now We're Never, and Dandy g. Covino and I had to record the show earlier in the day because we were traveling for Fox. We're trying for ESPN at the time. We were at the airport bar waiting for our flight to board, and boom.
Speaker 1: We look up at the TV.
Speaker 3: And it's us and the guy we're talking to at the bar is commenting on us, like, what are these doingiots talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking to a professional wrestler.
Speaker 5: I remember.
Speaker 2: I forget who it was though, is it what's her name again? The girl with the black hair. She's kind of pale, she's kind of hot. They made the movie about her.
Speaker 3: I forget, but yeah, we were interviewing her on the show and these guys were talking about us to us, and the guy didn't realize it was us until the very end.
Speaker 1: We were about to boil the fight, like you know that's us up there, and he's like, holy yeah, so true story.
Speaker 4: People's heads are up their ass is the point.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares. Nobody cares.
Speaker 10: You wanted that guy to be like the dude from The Fugitive who's reading the newspaper and he turns it over and he sees the picture of Harrison Ford, doctor Richard Kimball, and then he looks up and he's like, oh, that's the Fugitive, late doctor Richard Kimble. And then he gets up and he goes in and tells a cop.
Speaker 1: I guess my point.
Speaker 3: I woulday it would be like if I'm talking to you at a bar and I look up and there's you on the TV. You would think I'd put two and two it together. People's heads are up their ass. It's like Bob from La Bamba.
Speaker 2: Remember when Bob was watching Richie on TV and the bartender shut it off.
Speaker 1: He's like, that duel is my brother?
Speaker 2: That my brother cares. Guy's like, yeah, I'm your white Irish uncle. Get out here, buddy, listens. Yeah, five hundred dollars aren't listens. I know what, let's go to Let's go to profet for an update. We'll come back and Kendo's got a fun dilemma tonight. What's up for fet?
Speaker 8: All right, guys. Pro Bowl rosters were announced today. We have nineteen first time Pro Bowlers, including Cowboys wide receiver George Pickens. AFC quarterbacks are Justin Herbert, Josh Allen, and Drake May. NFC has Matthew Stafford, CM Darland Dak Prescott. Four teams have six Pro Bowlers, the forty nine Ers, the Ravens, Broncos, and Seahawks. Although I got to say forty nine Ers and Ravens both juicing their numbers a little bit. The forty nine Ers are sending special teamer Luke Gifford, a long snapper, and both the Ravens and forty nine Ers have their fullbacks and their probably last teams to the feature full backs Kyle Kylie Uchchecking and Ricard for the Ravens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kyle us Check of the forty nine Ers will be a Pro Bowler every year because I think he's the only quote full back in the NFC.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a dying group and we're still getting guys, to the full back position. We're trying to kneel down this game here at the Bush's Baked Beans Boca Raton Bowl twenty seven to twenty two, Louisville over Toledo. However, things have gotten progressively more nasty as late hits are happening, fights over the kneel downs, and we're waiting to see what is going to happen with the venerable Boca Raton Bowl and its reputation. This fight really tarnishing those things. MRI results reveal Vikings quarterback JJ McCarthy as a hairline fracture in his hand from an injury he suffered on Sunday. Kevin O'Connell says this puts him out for the Christmas Day game against the Lions. Max Brosmer is in line for the start. Vikings also claimed Brett Rippen off Waivers. Brown's head coach Kevin Stefanski said quarterback Deshaun Watson will not be activated off the pup list and he will not play in the twenty twenty five NFL season. The Pirates and All Star first baseman outfielder Ryan O'Hearn are reaching an agreement for a two year twenty nine million dollar deal and Commander's quarterback Marcus Mariotto is held out a practice for the second straight day. He remains in concussion protocol. Guys, back to you, Thank you, proeses me. Sesame helped raise all of us. Now it's our turn donate this holiday season at sesame dot org because the world needs Sesame and Sesame needs you.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what I always say, Cavino, who want you?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 4: Four, five, six, an, eight.
Speaker 1: Nine, ten, eleven, twelve. Thank you, guys, Smiley, thank you aka Rich Davis.
Speaker 2: I'm Steve Covino, And you know what, I'll just pose this question for now and then I'll explain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the holiday season, right, got that holiday vibe in the air.
Speaker 2: I'm in Idaho for the holidays, friends and family, all that good stuff. It's a wonderful life as a classic, but does it stand the test of time through the eyes of younger people? And we're gonna tie that into sports, So think about the classics and think about that question. Does this still hold the test of time or do we just hold it near and dear because we grew up watching it. It's a wonderful life. We'll explain. Plus we got prizes and more. Next hour, just stick around, we got more Cavino and Rich Next isn't there a whoop do you do? And Hickory dock in there? I believe there is. Hey, that's Uh's my favorite for Steve Cavino Holiday, Steve on Christmas Eve Eve, Rich Davis, you got CNR and last night as.
Speaker 4: We talk about Steve the forty nine Ers.
Speaker 3: Last night, it's time for our Fox Sports Radio tireract Play of the Day. And let me tell you the Niners defense. While I do worry about the pass rush. D Winners put a little icing on the cake last night.
Speaker 4: The Rivers out of the shotgun, takes the snap, quick throw.
Speaker 6: Them the middle of something day or day, Winner's going the other way.
Speaker 4: Winners to the.
Speaker 1: Forty twenty five thirty No, what's gonna touch him? Not's it but the tailights. It's up. Pick six forty.
Speaker 4: Nine Ers City Baby, first pick six of the year and.
Speaker 1: D Winters was all over that and caught Philip Rivers slip it wow.
Speaker 3: D Winter Wonderlands last night a little pick six courtesy of k NBR forty nine Ers Radio Network.
Speaker 1: That's a tyrack.
Speaker 3: Play in the day and for over forty years, Tyreck's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and.
Speaker 4: Where they drive. Ship fast and free.
Speaker 3: Free Road has a protection all the convenient installation options you could wish for with Santa tyreck dot com the way tyer Buk should be.
Speaker 2: Thanks again, ty Iraq, thank you for the sports radio Nation Cove. Yeah, before the break, I know you got this great deep thought about it's a wonderful life.
Speaker 1: Stop over hyping it.
Speaker 2: It's just not a great the greatest, It's just the question the greatest.
Speaker 3: No profet the sesame street read and I threw in the old classic twelve twelve.
Speaker 1: You know who?
Speaker 9: This big Mike Wills in here and he's like, do you know who sings is?
Speaker 3: I knew, Yeah, you actually do know who's Yeah, the monkeys, that's not the bunkies.
Speaker 1: I started discussing. I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, if I was in studio and I said, I do Mike any other brainbusters and I guess, yeah, I get my guess.
Speaker 1: I think I'm right.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let's let's SAYIM go well, then I'll write it down, because then you're gonna be like, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Know right now hold on, Chaka con No, I have one more guess. Yeah, the Partridge Family. Nope, my guess. I said, like the Jackson five or something. He's like clothes but not really the.
Speaker 1: Pointer sisters, Pointer sisters. Yeah really yeah yeah dude.
Speaker 2: See, man, you think I'm not You think I'm on the History Channel for nothing. Man, Maybe he does know things. Yeah, I know a bunch of useless nonsense. I was in the disco Realm at least you know, yeah, you're singers. I said, like Donna Summers, I said, I said, I I thought Donna Summers too, I said, in the family Stone, I said a name and all the Rando retro acts, and he's like close porn sisters.
Speaker 1: I believe Mike.
Speaker 3: I pulled the old fashion, which is not a dirty move. The old fashion, I said, where you don't look something up, you believe the guy at the bar. Remember those days where some guy would just say something you believed them, like I have sisters, so here it is, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Fact check it later out of respect. You don't fact check it at the bar. It's kind of like like a white family trying to be ethnic.
Speaker 5: That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: Partridge Family, Sesame Street Cove all right, hit us up with your with your dilemma for tonight, because I think this is actually interesting. I know you're trying to downplay, but I think this is a really you put yourself in a pickle, I think, so go ahead.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: First off, I want to say thanks to all the feedback on the YouTube chat Covino and Rich f Sr, Michelle m and Russ and Scott for Mayer and Kay Rain and Joey Elbows everybody, Mike, Oliver Paige is right. Page is who I was talking about before Rich du wrestler fighting with my family soriah. So anyway, I'm reading the feedback because you know it was Page. Now I am with my girlfriend's family in Idaho and they're a little younger than me, and I was shocked to find out they've never seen It's a Wonderful Life. And now I'm scared because they're like, let's watch it because I'm the guy that suggested it, and I don't want all this unnecessary pressure in case everybody hates it, like it might be too slow moving for young people's eyes. So now I'm thinking does it stand the test of time? And if this is too old feeling for them. What about classic games and moments that we.
Speaker 5: Grew up with.
Speaker 1: It's a great thought. We'll go there.
Speaker 3: It's a wonderful life, and you're us ex sports moments. Will discuss next right here, Cavino and Rich