Speaker 1: We unlike the writers and apparently stars of this show have watched Sex in the City. She's sheen a me no me.
Speaker 2: Not hone yo yo yo, what is your challenge? I am a chucker. You know what's going.
Speaker 3: Down the floor like.
Speaker 2: Round, Hey, virgins, don't touch that dial. We got a sneak peek of our Patreon episode our bonus and just like that, recap is coming to you live. We got a snippet just after this and if you want the full episode, you can go to patreon dot com slash like a virgin and sign up. It helps us so much and you are the people that like make this podcast happen.
Speaker 1: So here's a little treat.
Speaker 3: So group therapy for and just like that viewers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what this is. This is group therapy.
Speaker 1: So the support group. The thing that and just like that is most effective at is making me want to watch of the City not being a good TV show because I fucking hated this episode oh so much. Wow, and you know a lot you know that this season I have been in many ways and and just like that apologist and have really been searching for the good and baby, there was nothing good about this episode.
Speaker 2: It was bad and the words of Ticket and Sarah. Where does the good go? Where did the god? What? Okay?
Speaker 1: Why do I do this with you?
Speaker 2: Okay, So not to be me, but I this is an episode that I actually really a lot. I'm not gonna lie I hate you, but you so you know. I actually thought you were gonna like it. Same thing with Barbie. I really thought you were gonna like it. I thought that we were gonna be on the same page again. But it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not. Let me little friend, and we are always going to disagree about everything.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna defend the Barbie movie. Let me be clear about something. I have no interest in defending this Like. This isn't something where I'm like it was amazing. It's just like, Oh, that was an episode of TV that did not make me, did not make my skin crawl from head to toe. Outside of the moment when Cynthia Nixon said lgbt QI a.
Speaker 1: Dating sites, I could I never needed to hear Cynthia Nixon utter that acronym, and I wish I could scrub my brain out so I didn't have to experience it. I am just so furious that they have been fucking teasing us all season about Aiden coming back. We've been teasing us for months, for almost a year at this point, and then he was in the last eight minutes of the episode or less potentially, and then there's only like three episodes left of the season.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's gonna be in the next three episode?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's going to be in the rest of them heavily. But the fact that he was barely in this one, this is the thing that I keep coming back to. Carrie Bradshaw is a tertiary side character in the series. She is the protagonist of and instead the protagonist seems to be LTW and her son and his slutty high school girlfriend.
Speaker 2: It feels like one of the reasons that Michael Patrick King decided to rename the franchise, right, it's not Sex and the City the reboot, it's a new show called and just like that. I think that is in part because he wanted people like us to like not compare the two and so like and just like that, I feel like it's go I know, right exactly, And I was like, I also feel like he's trying to make and just like that more of like an ensemble piece. So it's like about all these characters that we don't really give a fuck about. It's like, I don't care that Chadeas is now going to be working at like a pet adoption. Are you.
Speaker 1: That? Are you me? It was bad enough that last week we had Chay in a plotline with Harry, but now we're going to get solo scenes of Chay and it's about all like rescuing dogs. They every time they introduced a new side character who I'm not interested in, that character then gets like two other characters with them to create even more plots that I never want to see.
Speaker 3: I didn't even realize it was dogs. I thought it was like supposed to be like the lg ME tea setters.
Speaker 1: Well because well because you know, yeah, yeah, exactly yeah. And that Miranda, well okay, that was the one part of the episode that I did enjoy was the fact that Miranda's love interest in this episode it was played was played by Miriam Shore from Younger, which is another horrible show, but the one that I enjoyed a lot much more than I'm just like that. So her showing up is this lesbian audiobook narrator who does like Dike pride of Prejudice reads like I don't understand. To me, the math is not mathing there because like women who are horny for Pride and Prejudice are like horny for mister Darcy and not Mixed Darcy. So it just made no sense. And then I did I guess I liked the realism of her shitty little New York City studio, but it just I am so continuously confused and disappointed by this damn TV show.
Speaker 2: I have so many different things running through my head, but first and foremost, Phoebe, what do we think about Mixed Darcy? And what do we and do we think Miranda's a lesbian?
Speaker 3: I felt like at home in Sex and the City because it was yet another offensive portrayal of a lesbian. It's like the one lesbian, the first lesbian Miranda dates like steps in cap poop while they're making out, Like I.
Speaker 1: Just it could not be. It could not be more of a lesbian stereotype if I.
Speaker 3: Think lesbians know how to not step in their own litter box, like come on.
Speaker 2: And also what I did not I was like she was hot a flip it like this?
Speaker 1: What I did like about it was that it felt like an og sex in the city, romantic subplot like a boyfriend of the a a girlfriend of the week. You know, in this new world where Miranda is a lesbian, we don't know. I mean, I don't think Carrie should be making lesbian jokes as freely as she is. I mean, the streatest woman in existence, she's really like saying them with her whole chest. Oh yeah, and Miranda is clearly not deep enough in her queerness to be like, you actually can't say that, but I want her to stand up for herself. If you want to hear all of our thoughts about men just like that, go to patreon dot com, slash like a virgin and become a patron