Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Show, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and he.
Speaker 3: Arms Yet, Hey, Michael, did you see that text just came in from the White Flash.
Speaker 1: There you go, live from studio Ceasing York, deep within the dirty, stinking bowels of the Armstrong and Giddy information Complex.
Speaker 2: This is the Armstrong and Giddy Show.
Speaker 1: Live this Friday. Jack would be saying, frid ya if you were here, But I'm not a child. October fourth, of the Year of Our Lord, twenty twenty four. Exporting laboring under the tutelage of honorary General Manager the dock workers whoops, never mind, nope, uh, not totally working under their tutelage as they have ended their strike and presume both importing and significantly exporting.
Speaker 2: Look, everybody, it's Jack, all right, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: What First of all, I had a comedy bit prepared, but I forgot the press send on my text.
Speaker 2: Do you ever do that?
Speaker 1: Um?
Speaker 2: Forget to press send?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I type up texts all the time.
Speaker 1: And then and then like I don't get a response or anything like that, nothing happens, and I go back to it, and I realize I never pressed send. I don't know why I do that so often. Anyway, I did that here. I typed it up like fifteen minutes ago. I never press send anyway. So I'm not here. I walk in the door and then I say, all right, I'll do it. And I can't talk about any of this stuff anymore. So I sitting in my car, just thinking, oh, I don't think I can do it today. I don't think I can do it today.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 1: I can't talk about the freaking election. I can't talk about any of this stuff anymore.
Speaker 2: I just I just can't.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the latest poll numbers in Wisconsin? Oh my gosh, like the old ones. I can't talk about the world coming apart. I can't talk about the election. I can't talk there's new jobs numbers.
Speaker 2: I can't talk about any of this stuff anymore.
Speaker 1: Now, I know that. Feeling this, I know well, looking at that, thinking there's music everywhere. You can listen to music. That's what you ought to be doing. What are you people listening to this for?
Speaker 2: Listen to music for naan sake? Enjoy your life? What are you doing? Jack? You get one's seeking the truth. They're seeking understanding. You used them, You get one life. Is this how you want to spend it? Jack, I gotta pick my car. This is the worst marketing ever. I can stop. He's lost his lines.
Speaker 1: You get thirty six thousand days on average on this planet Earth, and you're gonna spend.
Speaker 2: It talking about the election?
Speaker 1: Really needs somebody to run in with a glistening hypodermic needle and sticking real quick like a mental patient.
Speaker 2: Are you Are you familiar with the joys of classic rock.
Speaker 1: Taking care of business as fresh today as the day it was released, or mindless pop? Come on, seriously, there's got to be some There has got to be.
Speaker 2: Some news fatigue going on.
Speaker 1: There just has to be, or people are willing to push themselves to the point of cracking.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I agree with both, and I feel no need to spout the inanities that the rest of the media spouts.
Speaker 2: We need to chart a new.
Speaker 1: Course, a different course, off the beaten paths, like the brave pioneers of old have something. You got to be a certain age, I suppose, but you don't have to be that old, because this is fairly new. It didn't used to be like this. Oh yeah, just the endless every single day. It's the highest, this, lowest that, and most devastating that more people killed than ever because of this, just every day in the world. The other aspect of this, I happen to be at a social gathering last evening and I was chatting with a couple of neighbors of mine who are very very different people, both good guys, but one was an actor for a long time and the other is an attorney who deals with you fairly dry business transactions. But were I related your story about talking to your nanny about the fact that when we were her age, which was not terribly long ago, nobody had any idea of anybody's politics, and the idea that you would like run into a cute girl and kind of hit it off and there's obvious chemistry, and you would like ever talk about politics.
Speaker 2: You might be married and have three kids by the time it came up.
Speaker 1: And she said to you, yeah, oh no, that's the first thing you ask, the first thing. She couldn't believe it when I said every girlfriend I had in college, four girlfriends something like that spread out over college.
Speaker 2: I don't have I never I had.
Speaker 1: The slightest idea what their politics were at all, Like, I don't even have a guest really, but it was interesting that both of these guys with their varied life experiences and interests, and they were.
Speaker 2: Just astounded by that, astounded and horrified.
Speaker 1: Well, the nanny girl who's twenty two, twenty three, something like that, she looked at me wide eyed, like what, No, that's the first thing you ask somebody. Wow, So you would meet somebody you find very attractive, they seem to be interested in you, and there's.
Speaker 2: Anything else that matters.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that finding somebody I'm interested in who's interested in me. I thought that was the top level of things that matter at that moment. I didn't realize it was oh boy, you know, we might fall in love, we might have saxonight, all of these things are off limits, not even on the table. If it turns out you vote a different way than me, that's so crazy. As a young person who's liable to change and be fickle and the rest of it, right, you know, this is this is yet another example of the the weird double edged sword, all sorts of double edged except sabers. That's a heck of an important caveat.
Speaker 2: Well, I just I don't appreciate the what is my hallmark, Michael, what is it yelling the staff? No, it's not, it's accuracy, you idiots.
Speaker 1: So but on the one hand, I'm so interested in what I'm observing, just from a sociological point of view. On the other hand, I'm horrified to be in the midst of it. But given the politics of most of the twentieth century.
Speaker 2: And really yeah, the early.
Speaker 1: Part of the twenty first century, the difference between the parties was significant at times, but there was so much overlap and gentle minliness and gentle womanliness, civility in short, was prized in politics, and anybody who departed departed from it came off as a jerk and amaniac and wouldn't get any support. Now that changing to a highly polarized, bare knuckled you're a communist, you're a Nazi, blah blah blah. That I can understand, and I get that, But the fact that that would interfere with the mating urge to the point that people aren't I never would have guessed that. I wonder, are you kidding me? What is the matter with you? Turn off your TV and have sex, you stupid young people. I don't even have a driver's license yet, so I don't know how to get to the bar or the store to get some. And I'm twenty six. My parents said I need to be home by eleven. So yeah, I know. I wonder how much of it's driven by the women. It's kind of most of it. It's kind of still, it's still got to be true that most dudes would be like, I don't care if you tell me you're a Nazi. You're hot and you seem interested in me, so yeah, look, I'll talk you out of the whole Nazi thing eventually.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll worry about it someday or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know the number, And we had this this poll from one of the big dating sites fairly recently. But the number of women who consider you know, your political leanings a deal breaker is at as I recall, it was at least double the number of young men who said the same thing.
Speaker 2: At least.
Speaker 1: So yes, it's militant, you know, aimless, purposeless young women. Yeah, yeah, so that was the young dentity list, I guess is the problem. Yeah, one woman I know who's probably around forty, I guess I don't know our age. She does the online dating thing and said, oh, yeah, that's right at the top of everybody's You get that out of the way right away. And if it's not on there, then people ask you, like, why don't you have that on there?
Speaker 2: What are you so?
Speaker 1: I don't know, And this is probably old news to most of you, but it's been pretty well explained that if your politics are your identity, anybody with different politics is attacking you were identity, your self image. You wow, the idea that like you would look at a crowd of I'll speak as a man, since I am one that I would like be at. You know my picture in college, Gladys, you still play you were you were a dock worker. That's right, Gladys. She was on strike. Now she can go back. She's playing the harp.
Speaker 2: She doesn't have to.
Speaker 1: Show up at the docks. Like half of that union on any given day is not at work. They get pay for not working. So she plays the harp here in the studio fas I'm picturing the college apartment complex where me and my roommate lived and the pool there and then just be full of young people on a Friday afternoon like today, and I'm thinking, well, so I look out there, and of all those women, I'm thinking, is there one that's not a Democrat?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 1: So I guess I'll just stay in my apartment, not go talk to any of the girls and see if I get anywhere because we don't have the same politics.
Speaker 2: That's so crazy. I mean, you talk about something that couldn't have been further from my mind.
Speaker 1: Oh though, although, again in fairness to the statistics, there are some guys like that, but it would be much more like you go down to the pool and the girls say, oh, there's Jack. He believes that the people identified as women at birth can give birth, and trans women shouldn't be in men's sports or women's sports or whatever.
Speaker 2: Don't even talk to him.
Speaker 1: I remember one particular gladys one more harp in the opening end. I remember one particular girl who ended up being my girlfriend, who said to me. She was working at the clothing store and I was looking at clothes Mary chatting hum and she said, Hey, you want to meet and play pool tonight at the.
Speaker 2: Bar where he played pool there in the college town.
Speaker 1: And I suppose in the modern world she wouldn't ask me that, she'd say, what's your stance on women's reproductive rights?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, jeez, we should start the show officially. There's a lot of unofficial stuff. Good, I'm tired of the official stuff. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe getting on this Friday, October fourth year, twenty twenty four where I'm strung getting we approve of this program. Who and I read the other day said calling abortion healthcare is like calling slavery human resources.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's pretty good. That is pretty good.
Speaker 1: All right, let's begin officially now, according to FCC rules regulations, whether Jack kwanst or not at Mark.
Speaker 2: And could Today's world, I'll cripple you. I will cripple you. And you have no idea what that means? There you go. I got half an idea. I mean I think I know what you're hitting. The hitting that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh man, how does a mail bag look? That's decent enough. We have clips of the week first though, and that's just a humdinggger. He didn't even need to cripple the country. He got solved. Tom imagine what did the Democratic Party give him? He's got a bigger yacht now, yeah, yeah, and the White House and the Secretary of Labor both put their entire meaty hands on the scales, never mind their thumbs a lot on the way. I hope you can stay whether us text line four one five KFTZ armstrong YETI hel I's going to Butler, Pennsylvania tomorrow, actually gonna be at a Trump rally to support his man, the richest man in the world.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Oh and Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 1: I saw the headline yesterday Bruce Springsteen makes his choice an endorsement.
Speaker 2: I had to go click on the story because I was wondering, who is the boss going to endorse? Talk about that later. Yeah, I'd love to.
Speaker 1: I have more to say on the previous topic too, but let's let's stick with the pattern, the plan, the playbook, at least for now.
Speaker 2: We have some really good.
Speaker 1: Mailbag coming up freedom Lovely Quota today. But first, let's take fun look back at the week that was. It's cow Clips of the Week. We are in uncharted territory and I just don't know what it is, and particularly.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, we had a lot to get to. Noura Hargart, Thank you, Tim. I think you got a tough job here. So I've become friends with school shooters. Now, I said that was probably only the third or fourth dumbest comment Tim Wolves made that night town that you rode your bike with your buddies till the street lights come on. And I'm proud of that service. Definitely use a lot of fancy words, and I'm a knucklehead at times. That's what I've said, and from that I learned a lot. Thank you, Governor.
Speaker 1: I just wonder if that Harris people are thinking maybe we should have picked Joshapiro. The major headlines in this filing, the ones that we have not seen before, we're on right now.
Speaker 2: We're sorry, Yeah, I don't know, you're so distracted by going home?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean I want to say, there isn't a lot that we haven't really seen before. Private acts, not official and therefore not deserving a presidential immunity.
Speaker 2: And this comes across as his closing election argument.
Speaker 1: There's something wrong with Kamala It only a mentally disabled person could have allowed this to happen.
Speaker 2: She's a stupid person. There's a lot to discuss. We have to move on.
Speaker 4: He's really have said that they have launched the ground incursion into southern Lebanon.
Speaker 2: We do need to look for ways to de escalate the tensions.
Speaker 4: The United States should help Israel drive hesblah to the mat and choke it out.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm dead, I'm dead. I'm leanly dead. Tonight Israel is under attack from Iran.
Speaker 1: This is another round of rockets or missiles coming in at this point.
Speaker 2: This must stop. We absolutely absolutely need a cease fire. Fame on him. This guy is a clown. We have a lot to.
Speaker 6: Get to ahead, gentlemen, on many topics.
Speaker 2: They've never gave a shout us until now.
Speaker 6: They want to nearly eighty percent raise in wages over the next six year contract, and I know want to share.
Speaker 2: I will cripple you. I gotta fish share. We gotta build back better.
Speaker 1: The build back the better, the better bar to bed, build back to better.
Speaker 2: Can't you can't believe it's not bothering them.
Speaker 7: Reap out and in a Baker late career at.
Speaker 1: The line the thing, Wait, get a text from somebody who said, yeah, back in the day, I wouldn't have cared about their politics, but if she was a Raiders fan, it was a deal breaker.
Speaker 2: Or you know that sort of thing. You're a d fan or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, uh, I was just thinking during the commercial break. It's a songwriter by the name of Billy Bragg. He's very talented, but he's a communist. I mean he's actually he'll tell you he's a communist. And a couple of his songs are love songs more or less, but in the lyrics it makes clear he's saying his girlfriend. Can you give it a rest or even a minute? Talking about these incredibly ideological women.
Speaker 2: And it's a phenomenon.
Speaker 1: I mean, fewer women are having kids, and that's fine on a societal level. I have some definite thoughts about it. On an individual basis, Please live your own life, be happy. I have no right nor inclination. I have no right nor inclination to judge you.
Speaker 2: But this is true. This is true, and it's been tested by research.
Speaker 1: If a woman does not have a baby, she will either have a purse dog or Carl Marx.
Speaker 2: Those are the choices. A baby perse dog.
Speaker 1: You know, two or three cats can substitute for the dog, that's fine. Or Carl freakin Marx. Those are the choices. Apparently, here's your freedom living quote of the day. It's one of my favorites from Alvis Hutchley. It's brilliant. The surest way to work up a crusade in favor of some good cause is to promise people they will have a chance of maltreating someone, to be able to destroy with good conscience, to be able to behave badly and call your bad behavior righteous indignation. This is the height of psychological luxury, the most delicious of moral treats. It would seem to be the case, which is an odd aspect of human nature.
Speaker 2: So we didn't get the mail bag. Let's do it when we come back. Got nothing else to do. It's a plan.
Speaker 1: There's some news to talk about, which we will get to. How about the Garth Brooks story. I've heard that huh what uh?
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty a little forgotten area for us. There's probably maybe one hundred homes that are damaged on the Kataba River here in part of Lake Wiley and Mountain is on Lake.
Speaker 7: And then basically there's major damage in this small area and we just feel like we're being forgotten. We haven't received any response from FEMA.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got to get that. Other cliphants and that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: It was a guy saying, how come you can't get any helicopters out here. You can get helicopters all around the world, but you can't get a helicopter here with American citizens who are dying on them, are standing on the roofs that are gonna die if you don't get a helicopter here. Which is becoming a political story man, because there's absol I know friends on the right. The two angles are all the things you do for illegals, the endless money and resources you have for illegals or homeless, but here we are are US tax paying citizens and you can't get people to us. That's one angle. The other angle is you got helicopters going.
Speaker 2: To Ukraine and all around the world.
Speaker 1: Trying to help people out, and you can't get a helicopter to my house to get.
Speaker 2: My kid off the roof. That's another angle that's going.
Speaker 1: Whether it's fair or not, I'm not saying, I'm just saying that's a growing vibe. As long as we are on this topic, Michael, if you would play US forty three please, I think you'll recognize this voice.
Speaker 5: We are meeting the immediate needs with the money that we have. We are expecting another hurricane hitting. We do not have the funds. FEMA does not have the funds to make it through the season.
Speaker 1: The Federal Emergency Management Agency has spent more than one point four billion dollars since the fall of twenty two to address the migrant crisis, which was the result of laying the borders wide open. And now there's no money for American hurricane victims. Well, we also have to do the back to back of Mayorka saying, like four weeks ago, we have where prepared, We're completely prepared. It's what we do for the hurricane season. Then the first hurricane hits and you're out of money. What are you talking about? Yeah, you know, I shouldn't indulge in the joke, but it's a pretty good joke. I saw the Twitter link to this article, which happens to be in the New York Post. Said they're feeding the dogs, they're feeding the cats, they're feeding the pets of the people who live there, saying we're spending enormous amounts of money on these so called migrants. Since when are they not immigrants? And now there's no money for FEMA. Okay, A couple other thoughts still bother with the mailbag music. I got this text from an old friend whose company headquarters is in Asheville, North Carolina, hardest among the hardest hit areas of the weird hurricane that just kept going inland and up into the mountains and stayed crazy, crazy strong. I have about two hundred employees there. All are accounted for and safe, but it is utterly devastated. One of our buildings was destroyed completely. I have several employees who personally saw people swept down rivers to their deaths.
Speaker 2: It's really really bad.
Speaker 1: Nothing you all might want to get the word out, nothing in particular, but just how really bad it is. I'm getting the pictures and it's shocking. I don't think the news outlets are capturing the level of the catastrophe.
Speaker 2: Because they can't get in. That's part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the terrain makes it more difficult than you know, showing up to Florida.
Speaker 2: And I saw a woman on the news last night.
Speaker 1: And as we've talked about before, because Joe and I worked in North Carolina for a while and I went to Asheville a lot. I was single and childless, and you went out that way in the mountains and drank and skied and did all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: But the last thing that would be on your mind up there would be a flood.
Speaker 1: And I saw this woman on the news last night talking about we'd never even considered flooding. And then the water rose up and it was at their door, and they had the door shut, hoping to keep the water out, and then the door got busted open, and she said, in thirty seconds, it was up to their chests. In a place where you couldn't even imagine a flood, it busts open your door and the water's up to your neck.
Speaker 2: In no time. Holy crap.
Speaker 1: Only two percent of households in flooded parts of Georgia and North Carolina and South Carolina had flood insurance because of the unlikelihood.
Speaker 2: Of it, right, same reason. I don't have bare insurance at my house, right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if you don't know anything about this, you're in Wherever you live is rated as a flood risk by the federal government. In some places, it's even required to get flood insurance by your mortgage holder or whatever. But anyway, yeah, these people, in fact, in dozens of counties that were devastated less than one percent of the households had any flood insurance through the federal program. Anyway, then we got this email from Dean from Dallas as a hurricane ian survivor. Oh, the topic is that nation has your back, Joe Biden as a hurricane ian survivor, I can verify this is just bs. My home sustained two hundred and forty thousand dollars in damages, and the government help was they offered a four percent Small Business Association loan with lots of strings attached. Thanks the FEMA program wouldn't even tarp my home because it had a tile roof, like eighty percent of the Florida roofs, but not eligible for some reason. I am currently working with a group of like minded seniors. We planned to buy it, both, throw away our IDs, and land on a US beach to claim Haitian privileges and demand a month at the Hilton.
Speaker 2: Then a couple of grand wish us luck. Wow, good one. You know. I guess that's it shows my view of politics.
Speaker 1: So it's important for governors and presidents to show up to these disaster areas.
Speaker 2: Politically, we've all learned. But that's interesting.
Speaker 1: It only must work for a certain crowd, the crowd that believes in a big government and seize politicians as their daddy or whatever. Because whenever I hear a president say, and it doesn't even matter who it is, when I hear a president say, we'll be here to the end, and whatever you need, you've got it, I assume that's crap.
Speaker 2: I assume no, you're not.
Speaker 1: You're gonna forget about it as soon as that's out the news. And two, whatever I'm trying to get would it will take a year and will be impossible to get.
Speaker 2: I just assume that, right.
Speaker 1: Well, the attention to these things, and therefore the political significance of these things, the disasters like this only last a couple of days, maybe a week if it's a really bad one. Therefore they engage in their their phony show of compassion and efficiency and readiness. And then by the time everybody's not paying attention, the poor sons of bitches have been, you know, beset by nature or whatever.
Speaker 2: They're on their own more or less.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and what you end, Or there's and you may recognize this thought out of my mouth, and or there's stay and their county and their town rallies together, right, because that's where effective governance happens.
Speaker 2: Quit worshiping the federal government. Right. Yeah, that's interesting. I had never really thought about that before.
Speaker 1: Some people hear that when they hear Joe Biden say whatever it takes, absolutely everything you need till the end, they feel comforted. I think that means nothing to me. I assume, yeah, well, you're a cynic slash realist. Why don't we hit quick word from our friends in Simply Safe. Then we've got some really good mailbag. I want to get to. You know, that sense of unease as you leave your home, maybe for work in the morning, maybe going on vacation, whatever, hoping your stuff is safe, not to mention your loved ones. Well, you can do all the research you want, you're gonna end up at simply Safe Home Security. They've been helping folks just like you, just like us, protect our homes for years now, and they are surpassing expectations. So a bunch of different organizations have named Simply Safe the best home security systems for years, best customers. It's easy to set up. I did it at my last house and I moved to a bigger house. Needed to get some more sensors and camera and another camera and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Super easy to order, set it up myself.
Speaker 1: There's no contract because simply Safe is confident you're gonna use the service and like it, as opposed to trying to lock you in for two years knowing you're not gonna like it. And what's really great about simply safe is it's better and less expensive. With fast Protect monitoring and lifeguard protection, simply Safe agents can act within five seconds of receiving your alarm. I can even see and speak to intruders, stop them in their tracks. Pricing is transparent and affordable, less than a buck a day, no hidden fees ever, no long term contracts. You can get fifty percent off a new system right now, plus free indoor security camera when you sign up for fast Protect monitoring. Just visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. So do you think this is a political thing that matters? And it would be because but North Carolina be in a really tight swing state. It doesn't need to matter nationally whether it moves any votes. It mattering in North Carolina could make all the difference. Yeah, that's so hard to say. As we discussed yesterday, you have the you know, growing disgusted with the federal government on the one hand. On the other hand, a lot of red counties are so devastated. Nobody's quite sure how they're going to get the voting together, how they're going to physically conduct voting. They get a month, though, and people could be really motivated to want to send a message hoping.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Moving along a little bonus mailbag here, Greg writes on the topic of old Man Coach Waltz's character. I agree that Walt's statement that he was in China for the Tien Men Square thing is not important per se. But you can tell a lot about his man from a lot about a man from his response when called out for a mistake. He was given the opportunity to show his character. Sadly for him, he did. I wanted to believe that Wallt's was a basically decent Midwestern guy with very bad ideas, but he's not.
Speaker 2: I think he's a con man. I don't I'm a knucklehead at times. I don't think I would do it. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: But you were within a couple of weeks of being in China during one of the biggest stories in world history. I could see how you decide what how differences make For the rest of my life, when I tell this story, I'm gonna claim I was there. Wallow was happening. It was really interesting. Yeah, it's insane, right, And if somebody somehow and how the hell does this happen. This guy's in the newspaper like every two weeks, old man Walls. It's funny because you can go back and well, well, he claimed he was in the National Guard. Here's a picture of him fishing with a buddy in the Minneapolis Times.
Speaker 2: It's funny how often this happens. But mind your own damn business.
Speaker 1: Anyway, if somebody did bust it, beyond the details, it's so easy to say, oh, yeah, I guess I was a month off. I did get there right after it. We were paying attention to it home and they're in Hong Kong. Everybody's talking about it. But yeah, I just I didn't get there to August anyway, go through the weird stumbling, bumbling deer in the headlights, panicked rambling, you know, not even an explanation uh. Stephen Eugene says, break up the dock workers union. The union wants an unreasonable series of raises. Well, they got most of it. They want to prevent the use of advanced port automated technology. Don't care about the effect those things have on the shipping industry in our economy in general, prices will go up, our ports will fall behind. The port owners need to find a way to upgrade the ports in spite of union threats.
Speaker 2: Don't give in.
Speaker 1: Start small, find smaller ports, and make the modern show they work better, faster and cheaper.
Speaker 2: You really don't need to do that, because it's.
Speaker 1: Well, we have the only mobbed up union y ports in the country. I wage we were getting smoked in the world. I mean, sorry, the days of mobs to run union should be over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I read a great piece about all this yesterday. We'll have to talk about later applying it to other UH industries. I mean, if you're gonna go with the that people should still be writing down license plate numbers by hand and not automating.
Speaker 2: Well, more on that later, right indeed, and particularly.
Speaker 1: The topic of fake zoo animals, dogs painted as pandas. For instance, Guys, this is Steven writes the absolute best fake zoo animal is at the six Flags Park in Vallejo, California. The Bobcat enclosure has a Bobcat tractor rather than a small wild feline.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking funny.
Speaker 1: If you had a good zoo full of dogs either shaved or painted to look like other animals, I would knowing that it would be fantastics your ten million dollar idea here. It is fantastic because people love cute dogs and.
Speaker 2: You haven't looking like other animals, it would be awesome.
Speaker 1: Jack armstrongs Yeah, Jack Armstrong's painted dog zoo welcome painted and shaved.
Speaker 2: Wow. Let's see. We ought to get to that eventually.
Speaker 1: Finally, this along by Alert Sailor listener al Anonymous, the Navy is warning San Diego sailors to avoid the following places due to anti Israel protests coming up. Of all things close to October seventh, when Israel got horrifically attacked by savage barbarian terrorists come and people who sympathize with them are celebrating that attack because they're anti semi lunatics. But the Navy is said there will be a lot of anger, and some of it can be might be directed at the US Service personnel, So probably don't be out in uniform or have any sign that you're a service member in San Diego, California, the United States of America. You've got to be guides. You've got to be kidding. I am not kidding at all. That is crazy. We got to talk about that more later too. We got a lot Katie's headlines are on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 4: Another thing we're going to talk about today.
Speaker 1: If you're old enough to remember the Menendez brothers and that whole big story, one of them was in prison just like right over here for decades. Gascone in La who I generally hate everything he's doing, is reopening the case because of a letter that has surfaced that makes it clear or possible that there was way more sexual abuse from the father than was known before for those kids before they decided to kill their parents. So they're reopening the case, and wow, take another look at it.
Speaker 2: Pretty interesting. Maybe we'll get to more of that later.
Speaker 1: The Big Netflix I think it was on Netflix, the big Netflix series on that that got a lot of attention. And if you've been talked into having big time sympathy for the formerly striking doc workers have a couple of perspectives you might find interesting, to say the least. Stay with us right now, let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green, Katie, Hey, you guys.
Speaker 6: NBC News is reel targets presumed a new hasband little leader in massive burroot strikes. Iran's leader issues warnings.
Speaker 1: In speech they had to get together yesterday of all the higher ups and Hesbela to elect a new person in charge. And they blew up the new person that was going to be elected and everybody who elected him.
Speaker 2: And way I thought.
Speaker 1: We had trouble getting good people into politics. It seems pretty clear that Israel had it dialed in and was just waiting for them to all gather for the vote and then blew them all up.
Speaker 2: At the same time, yourself, we'd like you to run for leader.
Speaker 1: Of hesblat did I loved it? It's such an honor, such an honor, you would ask me, Really, I feel like I should spend more time with my family and alive.
Speaker 2: From Breitbart.
Speaker 6: FEMA does not have the funds to make it through a hurricane season, but six hundred and forty million dollars allotted for illegal immigrants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding, it's an emergency of your own creation, Alijandro, You lion pis like, hold me back.
Speaker 2: Fox News.
Speaker 6: US economy added two hundred than fifty four thousand jobs in September, well above expectation.
Speaker 2: Sore, What does this mean? That means the economy's hot.
Speaker 1: So maybe they shouldn't have done a rate cut, or we'll do fewer rate cuts. S Yes, that one. Okay, so that's terrible news. The good news is the worst.
Speaker 2: News from NPR.
Speaker 6: Garth Brooks accused of rape and sexual assault.
Speaker 1: In lawsuits by hair and makeup artist. He vehemently denies that. We can get into more of the details coming up. I would just say, you never knowing anyone, You never know a famous person for real.
Speaker 2: But this would have happened when he was fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Just seems unlikely that he would go through his whole life till age fifty nine being this kind of guy and we wouldn't know it. And his statement I found to be as persuasive as any.
Speaker 2: I have ever run into in a case like that.
Speaker 1: Accuser accuser has a very vivid imagination if it's made up, because there are a lot of details, so we'll get into.
Speaker 2: A later from Hollywood.
Speaker 1: For one, one, we'll write novels that are like fourteen hundred pages long, straight out of their imagination. Side Yeah, I realize, Yeah, yeah, Jack siding with the blackmail or just for the record on no, no, we need to move on.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, Hollywood four one one, twelve thousand calls made to Ditty abuse claim hotline in twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: You know, if they find a picture of Garth Brooks in a hot tub with p Diddy, that won't help though, that'll.
Speaker 2: Change my reckoning. Yeah, for what it's worth.
Speaker 1: There's a big lawsuit against Ditty now accusing him of sexually assaulting twenty five miners young people, including a nine year old, and it absolutely could be true. On the other hand, the floodgates are open, so predators will be coming out of the woodwork, you know, on the trying to get some money side too.
Speaker 2: It's ugly.
Speaker 6: Billboard in latest political fight over alleged gang activity in Colorado. Oh, apparently what you drive when you enter Colorado from Wyoming, there's a billboard that says Venezuela.
Speaker 2: Ahead, be prepared. Wow, Oh, put that up.
Speaker 1: Whoever they are, I congratulate them. Do you need a few bucks for the cause?
Speaker 6: From the New York Post, McDonald's Big Mac Chicken to debut in the United States.
Speaker 2: A Big macmade with chicken. Yes, okay, that's perverse. The meme of the day.
Speaker 6: Joe sent this one to us and it broke the entire staff. It's a traffic It's a lit up traffic sign that says high deer area. And then below it, it's a deer smoking a joint with's.
Speaker 1: Red eyes saying so oh h like, just more deer in the area, intoxicated with marijuana.
Speaker 2: It's a play on words. You're exactly right, boy.
Speaker 6: And finally, the Babylon Bee, fearing for her say, Kamalo will only appear in public behind soundproof glass until election Day.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Oh soundproof Yes, because I heard words. Yeah, we we tease a whole bunch of stories. We ought to get to an hour too. If you don't get Hour Too, grab the podcast. Look for Armstrong and Getty on demand. Subscribe by don't You Armstrong and Getty