Speaker 1: News round up in Information Overload Hour. Here's a toll free telephone number. It's eight hundred and nine point one Sean if you want to be a part of the program. I have been telling all of you that this is the single most important midterm in our lifetime. And I'm only asking one thing of the twenty plus million listeners that we have to this radio program on seven hundred and fifty sixty stations whatever the number is, and that is this year. I am asking one thing that in your mind, you make a commitment that you are not going to sit out this midterm election. This is the biggest choice election you'll have in your lifetime. You elect Democrats and the result is going to be predictable, and that is that there's going to be endless investigation, rancor, hostility, madness the radicals now run this party, I mean the Mamdani Party. Or you're going to want America to continue to progress economically, to achieve a golden era of prosperity for every American, and you're going to want to progress and create freedom around the world with the Trump doctrine that I think is the perfect doctrine. You know, all of that is on the ballot. Now, I'm not really looking closely at polls. There was a good poll by inside or advantage last week Matt Towry our friend fifty forty six. The approval rating of the president. If you look at the mainstream media and the legacy media mob that that have never pulled Donald Trump right, they would tell you Donald Trump is at historically low levels for any sitting president. I don't believe them. I think they've been wrong again and again. Let's go to fake news CNN. Harry Enton says, no clear Democratic front runner or president. It's a downright clown car. That is what I said.
Speaker 2: This is just a downright clown car at this point on the Democratic side. I mean, just take a look here top choices for the twenty twenty eight dem pres nominee. You have a leader, but it's not really a clear leader. It's within the margin. Mary, I've news him at nineteen percent, and you have former Vice president Kamala Harris at eighteen percent. Quite a weak number for her, given that, of course she was the nominee last time around. Pete pou To Judge, who of course has run before, thirteen percent. Alexandi Arcasio Cortez at twelve percent. This is just a total clown car. It is a total mess. There is no clear front runner at this particular point on the Democratic side. Who the heck knows who the nominee is going to be in three two years.
Speaker 3: It's been a long time since we've had a Democratic race like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has been a long time. This is very unusual for the Democratic side to not have a clear front runner at this point, national early pole leader at least twenty five percent. Look at this this year we get the giant question mark no.
Speaker 4: One, no one, no one, no one.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty one, there was no incumbent.
Speaker 4: It was Joe Biden who.
Speaker 2: Was there, Hillary Clinton in both eight and sixteen, and Al gormbothousand and two thousand and fourth this point where at least at twenty five percent in the early ones, you have to.
Speaker 5: Go all the way back, all the way.
Speaker 2: Back from when I wasn't even an elementary school yet, not even in pre k yet to nineteen hundred and ninety two. That was the last cycle in which there was no clear front runner at this point.
Speaker 1: Very unusually, and what's interesting, after my big fight with Gavin Newsom, yesterday, Linda, did you notice after I kept hitting him and hitting him and hitting him, he was he went away all of a sudden, he got very quiet. I don't think he wanted to engage with me anymore. You think that maybe he realizes I am unrelenting when it comes to Twitter fights. I won't stop. And if you don't believe me, look at my history with ALC. Baldwin and with Jimmy Kimmel. Is it true if you engage in a Twitter war with me, it's over or an export to be more?
Speaker 6: I mean, I remember the Acosta days.
Speaker 4: They were rough. Oh yeah, bake news Acosta.
Speaker 1: But the event about him because they quit, they cry uncle, they give up.
Speaker 6: Well, I think, if we're being honest, we both know that de Niro and Newsom went home last night and gave each other a big hug and cried together.
Speaker 4: They cou'd probably right about that. Interesting.
Speaker 1: Mike Lee put up a post what is the best thing the GOP could do to boostp voter turnout in twenty six And you know, I think these are really good questions we need to ask, and I'd rather be asking them now than asking them the day after the midterms and saying, well, what went wrong? And I think to be introspective, self reflective, making course corrections is always a smart thing to do. For the first time since early voting began, the GOP has outvoted Democrats, you know, in this one particular district in the state of Texas, and I think that's very very important. Over five hundred and forty two thousand Republican primary ballots in just six days, and it's dramatically higher than twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: That's going to be very interesting to watch.
Speaker 1: And anyway, here's Harry Enton talking about how Gavin Newsom is flailing. I don't think his little fight with me dropping f bombs on me and me dropping him back helped him.
Speaker 4: But here's what he said.
Speaker 2: It seems to me that Gavin Newsom is flailing a little bit, at least compared to where he was prior. Because just take a look here, okay, chance Newsom is the twenty twenty eight Democratic nominee three months ago according to the cash prediction market. Look at that, it was a thirty seven percent chance. Now it's just a twenty eight percent down. He goes, he's definitely flailing a little bit. And I will note, John, I will know that. It also seems to me people are a little less interested in Gavin Newsom than they used to be. Look at this Google searches for Gavin Newsom down sixty three percent from the August peak. You remember back then it was when he started that social media right going after President Trump, there was a lot of interest from Democratic voters. But maybe that interest is waning off just a little bit. And of course you don't necessarily want to wane it off, chick Jeff, because I think we still have a lot of time.
Speaker 7: To the votes.
Speaker 4: Anyway, here to weigh in on all of this.
Speaker 1: And as we head into the State of the Union tonight, don't forget our coverage eleven o'clock right after the President and Abigail's span Berger. Don't worry, she'll speak for less than ten minutes and be boring as hell.
Speaker 4: But VORDA.
Speaker 1: Turnout for early voting in both Texas and Georgia are incredibly strong right now, in many cases also for Democrats.
Speaker 4: But what does it mean?
Speaker 1: Democrats historically vote early vote more than Republicans do, but I hope Republicans are turning out in numbers two. John McLaughlin's brother, Jim or with us from the McLachlan Associates group. Gentlemen, welcome back, Jim. It's nice for you to show up on time. I can't believe.
Speaker 7: It only for you, Sean, will I show up on time?
Speaker 1: Great to be here, yeah, but because John always shows up on time, I'll start with him. What do you make of this early voting? And where do we stand? You know, now what eight months away from these midterms.
Speaker 8: Well but by the way, thanks for the opportunity, and it's great to be here. But with Linda, this is really like a three on one McLachlin match with Sean Hannity's we get ready for Saint Patrick's month.
Speaker 4: That's what it takes. Three on one if you're going to battle against me, Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Oh well we have Linda on our side. That's when we have a chance.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 1: Now, Notice the two McLaughlin brothers hoping that the other McLachlin can bail them out, you know, the female McLaughlin.
Speaker 4: See, that's what that speaks. That speaks volumes about toxic masculinity.
Speaker 8: Yes, but to your point originally, there's a lot of fake poles out there right now. I mean when you look, the economist Yugo put out a poll today of one thousand, five hundred and fifty one adult citizens that you know, God knows who these adults are. They have only thirty five percent Trump voters in their poll. They have actually thirty nine percent Harris voters. They have They put out a poll with more Harris voters than Trump voters. And then we get fifty percent? Did we get fifty percent in the last election. They are submarining us with these poles, trying to convince us that Trump has the lowest numbers ever. Now, Matt Towery offered tracks close with ours, like our January poll had Trump with fifty percent job approval, forty seven percent disapprove, and Adams.
Speaker 1: It's almost a direct match of Matt Towery and you. Matt Towery, Robert Kahelly, the three people for three presidential elections, and rask me of some by the way, I got to give them a tip of the hat, the four people that tend to poll Donald Trump accurately.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then thank Heaven for Jim and I because we got to deliver those poll numbers to him, and he still tells me those aren't right. I have my best poll numbers ever, and I'm like, nah, you were best on election day. But that was the good That was good timing when he swept all seven battleground states and we won the popular vote because he made our polls right and right now, by the way, November, he's not on the ballot. He's not on the ballot. The Republicans for Congress are and they think that Donald Trump's going to lift him to get re elected. No, I mean, Donald Trump is succeeding as president. But they better draw a contrast election with the Democrats in November because you've got I mean, think about Donald Trump went after Joe Biden, Kamala Harris straight up was the better president. Won on issues where there was tax cuts, whether it was strengthening defense, securing the borders.
Speaker 7: He did it.
Speaker 8: The Republicans in Congress better go after the Democrats because the Democrats they voted against the Trump tax cuts for the largest tax cuts in history. They are now they are now defending illegal immigrants to stay in this country by going after ration enforcement officers. So that's an issue that analys Paul eighty seven to ten Americans favored deporting illegal immigrants, and the Democrats are shutting down the government precisely to keep criminal legal immigrants in this country. So the Republicans and the save AC voter id to vote in the United States, it's an eighty twenty issue and Republicans need to get that through the Senate. So it has passed. But the Republicans better have an agenda like Neuke Gingrich had in ninety four with the Contract for America, or like Donald Trump had in twenty twenty four versus Kamala Harris that we were able to win that election. It's a contrast election, and right now in the polls I was talking about, the Republicans are losing the generic ballot for Congress forty four to forty seven. We need to go. We need to go to Warwick. The Democrats have a good contrast election and win in November and bring the Trump owns back out.
Speaker 1: All right, we continue with our posters heading into tonight's State of the Union. Remember our coverage right after the President speaks at about eleven o'clock Eastern time. Of course we have the Democratic response Abigail Spanberger, but that's less.
Speaker 4: Than ten minutes. That'll be boring as well.
Speaker 1: But stay there because we're going to have great coverage analysis that you'll never get from anyone else in the legacy media mob right after the State of the Union around eleven o'clock Eastern time. Look forward to that tonight from Washington. I do think that Trump, in one way is on the ballot and that it will be a little bit of a referendum. And I think a lot of people need to understand that the president's agenda will be stopped right and its tracks if in fact Democrats got control of Congress, they'll be endless investigation, impeachment, and the country's progress will stop and will have nothing but endless distractions. And I think that that should be top of mind for voters. Also, Jim, what are you think?
Speaker 7: Oh, without a doubt. And I think Susie Wiles she gets it better than anybody because she said, we're putting President Trump and his common sense, successful agenda, We're putting that on the ballot in this election. And that's one of the reasons why the Republicans underperformed back in twenty eighteen during the midterms, because we literally had millions of Trump voters that didn't come out for the midterms. We need to make sure we get these folks out, and the best way we're going to get them out there is a contrast with these Democrats on the issues that people care about most. Just think about this. I mean, the Democrats are the party they want open borders. That's what they want. Literally, as John said, the first shutdown, it was all about giving welfare benefits to illegals. Now the new one is they want to They literally want to defund ice. It's just like you know, first they wanted to defund the police. Now they want to defund ice. The other thing is this is look, if God forbid we put the Democrats in power, Look what's going on. I think the Democrats are making a huge mistake tonight by having Abigail Spamberger give the response, because look what she did. She quote unquote ran as a moderate. Now she's governing as probably the most radical left wing governor in the history of the state of Virginia. She's come out supporting over a hundred new tax increases. And that's the kind of stuff that the Democrats are going to give us right now.
Speaker 1: And look, the American people are also going to see Democrats, many of them don't show up in the room, but that's great because he gives room and seats for American hockey players, the ones that won goal for the first time since nineteen eighty. I'm glad they're going to be in the room tonight. They deserve it. They make our country proud. And if they're not going to stand at all or cloud for the president at all part of their strategy, or at least telegraph strategy, what then we have another moment where they look like they have no conscience or soul because they wouldn't stand for the family of Lake and Riley or Joscely and Nungary.
Speaker 4: Good luck with them with that strategy.
Speaker 7: It's crazy and it shows the extreamism that we have right now in the Democratic Party. And you know, one of the things that's interesting was when we used to do focus groups during the campaign, we'd ask swing voters. We'd have swing voters, Okay, what's Joe Biden's greatest accomplishment? They would laugh at you, They would literally laugh at you, and they couldn't give you any of his accomplishments. But with Donald Trump, even some voters that voting Democrat for Congress, they will give you real accomplishments. When it comes to Donald Trump, they'll tell you, well, you know, he cut our taxes, or he secured the border, or he's making you know, city safer and whatnot. And that's going to be the contrast tonight. And I think, by the way, I think the Democrats are making a big mistake by with their counterprogramming and they're boycotting the State of the Union. I think it's really bad for the country, and they've said a horrible precedence.
Speaker 1: I don't really care if they come or not. I mean, if Donald Trump announced I am here to announce that we have come up with a cure for cancer, they would sit there. They wouldn't clap, they wouldn't applaud, they wouldn't celebrate a scientific breakthrough that's going to save how many millions of lives.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't care.
Speaker 1: Anyway, We're going to be watching tonight and we'll see what happens. Our coverage begins at eleven o'clock Eastern. But John, Jim McLoughlin, we appreciate both of you.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thank you, Suan.
Speaker 1: Every time we play that bumper music from John and Rassic Superman Hi for fighting. I just love that song. And he's a good friend of the program. He apparently was in Washington, d C. Didn't tell us why. He said he would share it after the fact, but I'm going to find out why. Unfortunately, I will miss him while I'm in DC tonight for the State of the Union, and I wish i'd see him because I think the world of him and I love his music. But every time we play that bumper music, I want to play more of the song because I really like it. Play a little bit of Superman.
Speaker 5: I can't stand to fly. I'm not dead nice, I'm just now to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bad a, more than a plane, more than some prettyfice beside a train. And it's nat.
Speaker 2: Easy to be he me.
Speaker 7: Wish the head I could.
Speaker 5: Cry fall upon my knees. Final wait life, but a home I never see. It may sound absurd, but to me nive even hears him not to leave.
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's wont you can see even hear us have the rot to dreams.
Speaker 6: It's not easy, super.
Speaker 1: You can BLEEPU.
Speaker 5: Or anything. I can't stand fly.
Speaker 1: By the way, is it you know what's amazing? I mean, it's the story of Superman. From Superman's perspective, I mean, and he takes it, he turns it into this beautiful song, and it's one of those moments. I never really wish that I had another life. I love the life that God gave me, but every once in a while, I wish I could do what he can do and be a great musician, songwriter and singer. But we both know, Linda, that I can't sing. You can sing. I don't know why you'd ever pursued professional singing, because I think it would have been amazing at it.
Speaker 4: You're really good at it. I mean, you did cover.
Speaker 1: Band singing for decades in your life, and you're good.
Speaker 4: You're great at it. How come you never pursued it?
Speaker 6: I did, Actually I did. I got a record contract, and I gave up my job and my car and my apartment and I bought uh stuff to move to LA And the day before I left, they pulled the deal.
Speaker 4: And that's a to the deal. You never told me that story all these years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a very depressing story. But yes, I got the deal and all the things, and then they pulled it. They decided to go with a boy band and the label only had room for me.
Speaker 4: Did you curse at them and make them mad. No, that was a dark time.
Speaker 6: But I went back to school and got my masters and just went a different.
Speaker 4: Direc forty master's degrees after that.
Speaker 6: Just I channeled it positively.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's so funny because we do have parallel lives in this sense. Is that I used to tembar at a wedding factor. I do five weddings every weekend. I became so cynical of weddings. It was terrible. I mean, I'd sit around with other bartenders and we'd be like, yeah, this couple's gonna last like five minutes.
Speaker 6: I mean it was well, listen, it's worse for me because I had to work with them all as the MC and the lead singer. And I would do people's first weddings, and I would do their second weddings, and I would do their third weddings because they liked me from their.
Speaker 4: First and their seconds. The whole the whole America was.
Speaker 6: Like, I recognize that dress, that's awkward, Okay, just you know weird.
Speaker 4: Oh they'd wear the same dress.
Speaker 6: There's so many things, Sean, honestly I should do like.
Speaker 4: All, isn't it terrible?
Speaker 1: I mean, I honestly wish that I did not have that experience of my life because you get so cynical.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know the cake.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And the good thing is I went from that to politics, which really lifted me up.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: And then you see like both families and you make judgments about the families. I know this is terrible, but I but I would do we would do this. And every family, I always say, has an Uncle Joe. Uncle Joe is the guy that would come up to the bar, you know, right after either the ceremony or right after you know, right is the receptions beginning.
Speaker 4: He'd hit you with a twenty and keep him coming, kid, keep him coming all night.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: And I'd be like, okay, I'm going to keep them coming. By the time that night ended, I had two hundred bucks from Uncle Joe. And he'd be the guy with the tie around his neck, his shirt half open, you know, sweating like a slob, and you know, to the song celebrate good times.
Speaker 4: Come on.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean what I will tell you. You've observed that I love a.
Speaker 6: Good uncle Joe, though, because he gets the potty started on the dance floor. People get a little nervous sometimes, and Uncle Joe already has his tie, you know, it's wrapped around his forehead. He's ready to go, and everybody else gets up. So sometimes I'm a big fan of that guy.
Speaker 1: All right, Because you want people to dance and be into music, I get it, of course. Okay, I just wanted people to come to my bar and give me money.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 6: Well, shout out to John Andrasic because he's back on twice. If you've never seen him in concert, go see him. He's fantastic. He puts on an.
Speaker 1: Immense So Democrats, there are some. David Axelrod is one. I think, m Rambo Deadfish is another. Jim Messina another. These are you know, former Clinton, some Obama people warning Democrats against this idiocy of defunding and trying to abolish ICE and with it the Coastguard and FEMA and a bunch of other government agencies. And here's what he had to say in his warning.
Speaker 10: People do want accountability for ICE, they want people held to action. They want smart enforcement of our immigration laws. What they don't want is to get rid of the federal agency that they think is responsible for keeping our borders safe.
Speaker 1: All right, So he's warning Democrats don't abolish ice. Then you have this idiot, mister Fengfang Eric Swolwell, there's nothing but a fraud to me, and he wants to be the next Gavin Newsom. I mean, could you imagine that your goal in life is to aspire to be Gavin Newsom? It was like that idiot of fake news CNN is his only aspiration in life was to be the next Humpty Dumpty, which nobody except really a few of us, know who I'm talking about. But you know, here's mister Fangfang talking about ice, and this is what he said, that he's not aware of any federal agency responsible for keeping our borders safe. Are you really this stupid?
Speaker 4: Listen?
Speaker 3: So, Jim Messina, who ran Barack Obama's twenty sixteen campaign, has a warning for Democrats who's say they want to see the abolishment of ice. Listen to what he says.
Speaker 10: People do want accountability for ice, they want people held to action, they want smart enforcement of our immigration laws. What they don't want is to get rid of the federal agency that they think is responsible for keeping our borders safe.
Speaker 3: What do you say to that?
Speaker 11: I'm not aware of a federal agency that is responsible for keeping our border safe. I have seen a federal agency who has publicly executed a nurse named Preddie and a mom named good And I see Californians that I represent terrified.
Speaker 1: Well, if you don't have people keeping your borders safe, you dope, then you're going to have known terrorists, murderers, rapists, child molesters, other violent criminals, gang members, cartel members in our country. Oh that's right, we've been arresting them. All right, let's get to our busy phones. Mike is in Kansas. Mike, how are you glad you called?
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 9: Hey, Sean, it's a gorgeous day in south central Kansas. We've got that.
Speaker 4: Means it's freezing cold. How bad is it?
Speaker 9: Well, we got sixty five degrees and hardly any wins, so.
Speaker 4: It's not bad at all. That is a gorgeous day. Good for you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hey, I thought you'd be interested in some data because I got my taxes done early this year. I got them back a few days ago, and I'm a retired educator, and so I got to take advantage of the of the Social security no tax on social Security. So I was just real curious. My twenty five taxes came back with a tax liability of five two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: And that hurts, doesn't it? I hate that?
Speaker 9: What your boy? And what? But wait, it doesn't hurt their as bad as what it used to. Because I just got curious. So I went back to twenty fifteen and I plugged in my night. My twenty five income, the same income that I just got back, and I used the twenty the two thousand and fifteen rates, the twenty fifteen standard deduction, and I would have owed twelve thousand and twenty dollars. So wow, the two Trump cuts of seventeen and twenty five basically saved me six eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad. Let me tell you something that's real money. Now, think of it this way. You know, the average price of a gallon of gasoline is down significantly since Donald Trump became president. The lowest the last I've read was what four years, five years, whatever, whatever period of time it is.
Speaker 4: And now, do you drive a lot?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: I chase grandkids?
Speaker 1: Okay, chasing grandkids can be expensive. I don't know what kind of car you have. I have a gas powered car, and I have my my Tesla. And but all I'm saying is when I used to go to the gas pump and I can afford it now at this point in my life. But when I would fill up my car and it was one hundred bucks, it drove me up a wall. And I could afford it, it still drove me crazy because my mind's in my in my mind's eyes still think like I did when I didn't have any money. I mean, that's a lot of money for people.
Speaker 9: Filled up for two thirty four today, and I still fill up. Every time I fill up for an amount like that, I think, Dang, I'm glad it's not four dollars four to twenty five like it was years ago.
Speaker 4: It was terrible. I mean, I don't know everybody.
Speaker 1: Just this is why I hope people are paying attention and they go out and vote. Anyway, my friend, appreciate it. Eight hundred and nine foot one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program.
Speaker 6: So, Sean, I just wanted to say, I just wanted to say one thing to you before. It's actually perfectly with that last caller. We have been getting tons of phone calls about the no tax on tip, no tax on Social Security, no tax on overtime. And I just wanted to say, for all of you that are calling in and cursing out Katie because Sean didn't say it right, please talk to your tax you know person, your accountant, whoever you used to do your TAXI.
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't say it right.
Speaker 6: Well, what they're saying is it's not true that there are tax and so up to a certain amount it's tax free. There are still a percentage of Social Security that can be tax based upon your current income, if you have some sort of other income, if you have other things on your tax return. So it's not a hard and fast rule across the board. There are there is fine print, as there is with everything. The no tax on tips, no tax on Social Security, tax.
Speaker 1: Goes up to a certain I think it's twelve dollars, but I may have gone into Well maybe I just haven't said it recently, right, I mean.
Speaker 6: We're saying, we're saying the platitude. I'm just letting the audience know. Nobody's trying to put it to astray. You know, talk to your tax you know person, talk to your accountant, and please.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm being criticized by Gavin Newsome again today.
Speaker 6: I'm not criticizing you. I'm just asking folks, was.
Speaker 1: Enough yesterday getting you know, the F word dropped on my head by a governor.
Speaker 4: Data Califordia hurt my feelings and everything.
Speaker 9: It's turt.
Speaker 1: I hope you can get over It didn't hurt at all. And that's when wrap things up for today. Don't forget President Trump is State of the Union tonight, nine eastern Hannity on the Fox News Channel. Democrats will be penchiling children. Those that show up. They have promised to sit in their chair anyway. That's more room for the Olympic gold medal hockey team. The men's hockey team is going to the State of the Union. All right, that's nine eastern. We'll be on right after pan Berger gives her five minute lecture about radicalism. But we'll have the best post State of the Union coverage. Hey, DVR, we'll be on around eleven o'clock Eastern. We got a great lineup of guests. We'll see you tonight. Back here tomorrow. Thank you for making the show possible.