Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of the show.
Speaker 3: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll get access to our full shows, unedited, ad free, and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 3: We need your help to build the future of independent news media and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com. At the same time, we got to take a look at an insane crypto shitcoin scandal sweeping Argentina and ensnaring personalities here in the United States, like Dave Portinoi's called Libra. Let's go ahead and put this one up there on the screen. So Javier Malay, the literal president of Argentina, has been ensnared in this mean coin scandal Libra, after promoting it on social media. When he promoted the Libra coin on social media within quote five hours, over four point four billion dollars of market cap was erased in a classic pump and dumb scheme where it went from basically worth nothing to a couple of dollars worth a coin where insiders were able to have a rug pull were able to sell for hundreds of millions of dollars by their own admission, several secret insiders and others who are involved. The tail is traced back to some American citizens, it seems, and other kushety characters, one of whom the person who appears do you want to help me with any of this? Appears mister Hayden, who is orchestrating this entire thing behind the scenes. But what's unclear to me is how many other people are involved with his firm. It's like his father and his brother and their secret investors. Coffee Zilla, friend of our show, interviewed them. But anything you want to fill in.
Speaker 2: Before this dude is one of he describes him. Coffee describes him as one of the big four creators of Libra. Now, he tries to say in this interview with Coffee like, oh, I was just like, you know, making the decisions on behalf of I'm not really the guy I'm like taking all the key, but I'm.
Speaker 4: Not really the guy.
Speaker 2: But he also, you know, he cops to a lot in this interview, including this just very nihilistic view of effectively, well, these are all scams, and I'm just getting mine. And if you're you're just pissed off because you're not an insider and you're not the one who's getting cash in these meme.
Speaker 4: Coin scam pumping them.
Speaker 2: So I truly recommend you watch this entire interview if you have any interest in this subject, because he really does admit to the whole thing. Yes, he really does admit to the whole scheme in this interview with Coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let's get to actually that insider quote in particular where Coffee still oppresses him on the structure of all this.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 5: The idea of insiders, to me is always bullshit because every meme coin I've ever known, or vested in, or been a part of, like the people that benefit are the people that know like the people that benefit the most of the people that structure the deal. Similar to any other business in the world, people that are closes normally make the most money or lose the most money, one of the two.
Speaker 6: So I don't.
Speaker 4: I think that's a bit of bullshit.
Speaker 5: And that's just like crypto people that are angry that they're like, there's always an unfair there's an unfair advantage if you're a genius on chain and you know how to game the system on Meteora, and there's thirty guys in the world that know how to do that better than anybody, so it's like there's no.
Speaker 6: Wa wait, there's unfair games. Right. There's people who know everything about socks.
Speaker 7: You can be Warren Buffett, but there's a difference between being Warren Buffett and being a guy with insider knowledge on like Pfizer pharmaceutical and trading on your insider knowledge. So I think the frustration is people are frustrated that not that you're good at trading, but that you knew something, know what the public didn't know, and you trade it on that information, which in the public markets it would be illegal be insider trading.
Speaker 5: Right, But on meme coins, A, it's not, and B that's what happens on every single deal, I mean every kol every single one globally. That's how their main money gets made. They know about a deal, they agree to a deal, and then they make money on the deal.
Speaker 3: So Kol is key opinion leader. I've had to learn that from all of this crypto bullshit. And the thing is about Hayden is he's one of the most honest brokers in this entire thing, in that he's an honest crook. There are text messages and others that have come out from Hayden being like, Yeah, let's just pull it all. Let's pull as much as we can out of these idiots. And we were debating this before the show. I'm of a couple of minds to be honest at this point, if you invest your money in a meme coin or a shit coin, I don't feel bad for you, and you're an idiot and you deserve to lose your money because every single person who is involved in this should know at this point that the structure is always the same. You have insiders who hold like twenty to thirty percent in this case, it was like eighty percent of the coins. Then Libra, you have some guy like Javier Malay do the pumpin of the classic like, hey, guys, check this out. Here's the contract address, so you can all get involved. And then the people who got in at the beginning, sell, not even necessarily at the top, but they sell once it's exploded. They take a tidy prophet and you're the person left holding the bag. But in general, the people who are doing this, from what I can tell based on Portnoy and all the other Robin Hood bro day traders and others, they're just trying to do that to other people. They're just the ones who are caught before. They're the ones caught holding the bag because they were not insider or fast enough to be able to sell the contract. I think it's despicable and it's disgusting behavior on the part of Hayden Davis, but the honesty behind it is one which belies so much of American financial life at this time that I have of heart. I have a hard time at this point feeling bad for a single person that's involved.
Speaker 2: Well, but the thing is that you Hayden Davison's interview was like, yeah, it's all a scam and only then siders make money and that's the whole game. But that is not the way that they portray these coins at the time. I mean, there's a reason and why so we've mentioned Portnoy, so Portnoy is brought into this. They originally they told him about beforehand and gave him millions of tokens in order to promote it. He gave back the tokens, but he did buy in with his own money, and I think posted about it as well. And see, the thing is that they take advantage of the fact that there is so little institutional trust and what people have instead is these parasocial relationships with like trusted creators and personalities. So they use these celebrity endorters to make it feel like, oh, well, Kim Kardashian or Deve Portnoy or the freakin talk to a girl or who or Javier Malay, the president of Argentina, who is an icon for many of the like you know, libertarian right, including Elon Musselman that's running our government right now.
Speaker 4: Will they back it?
Speaker 2: So it must be real, right When Javier Malay is posting about this, he's not saying this is a scam you know I'm getting mine, or you know the insiders are getting He's saying, this is a phenomenal opportunity for you to get wealthy and also for people to invest in Argentina's small business creators.
Speaker 4: Blah, blah blah.
Speaker 2: So people are getting lied to and they're getting taken advantage of. And you know, it is the case that whatever you have actually number one big technological transitions, which is we're in the midst of and also break down an institutional trust trust. It becomes a golden age of scam artists. And we have never seen like in world history, we have never seen scams on the size of what these crypto mean coin rug poll scams are on a routine basis. And one of the things that's important to note here is that the same characters, some of the same characters who are behind this crypto pump and dump with the backing of Javier and Malay, we're also involved with the Millennia coin launch, which also has lost plummeted and lost the vast majority of its value, leaving almost all of the retail that investors completely high and dry. Coffee asked Hayden this question directly. He's reluctant to answer, but ultimately he does answer. Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 7: A lot of people have linked you to the Millennia launch, and that is a big question on everyone's mind, mine, especially which is were you part of the Millennia launch and was that sniped as well.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I think that I mean, I told you, like beforehand this but before this started. I mean, I'm happy to share the truth, but uh, I mean, you're you're, you're, you're, you're asking a question that's it's just I mean, I'll answer, but it's uh, factually going to put me into a lot of danger, which is fine, I'll answer. I was part of it. I think the team did want to snipe it because of how big the snipe was on Trump's and we weren't the We definitely weren't the big sniper. We were not. That was what we were trying to avoid. And we didn't make any There was no money made from the Malania team on any We didn't take any liquidity out zero.
Speaker 7: Okay, wow, that's shocking news. But I want to zoom in on that point. We said, like, well, we didn't take any liquidity out. One of the wallets we traced to the Portinoy thing, the Portannoy United thing, your wallet or not, I don't know if it's your what Whoever's wallet that was sent money to a wallet which had like got sent one point five million dollars of Malania token from something called Milania Dash liquiditytwo dot sol and then that while it seemed to sell Malania tokens that it received for free.
Speaker 6: So you said, y'all didn't sell any liquidity, but I.
Speaker 5: Didn't didn't didn't swap liquidity, didn't swap liquidity, didn't swap into single sided. I didn't say there was no there was no money sold. There's a difference between swapping the liquidity and selling liquidations. Those are two different things.
Speaker 7: Okay, So y'all swapped, you didn't sell or the other way around.
Speaker 6: No other way around, other way around sold, you didn't swap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that dealed on.
Speaker 1: What he's saying is a little bit lost with me.
Speaker 2: I think that I was reading about there's a way you can pull out just the cash and leave like the token in which tries to to maintain the market so that people don't see that you're just completely selling out and tanking it. And I think he's saying we didn't do that when they're talking about sniping. So you can imagine, if you know the coin is about to drop and nobody else knows, you buy it immediately, and so at part of the other. So he admits not only is involved with Milania and with Libra, the Javier malay one, that he was part of this market manipulation tactic of sniping, where you buy a bunch at the beginning, you pump it up, and then what happened both with Milania and in the case of Libra is then once the market sort of hits the top, you start selling out.
Speaker 4: The whole thing.
Speaker 2: Crashes and that's what makes it a rug pole. Now he claims, Oh, we weren't the biggest snipers on Milania, and we saw with Trump that there were all these people that got in that were market manipulation. So we didn't want, you know, we didn't want to be left out basically of the fun. So so he admits that they engage in this market manipulation with the Millennia coin and with the Libra coin, and it's just incredible wasting, fraud and scams all around.
Speaker 3: More on Trump that they admitted to the insider trading aspect of people being told at that crypto ball here in Washington about some of that.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 6: You kind of were like, hey, people should think about these things.
Speaker 7: Should they think about from your perspective, like what what is going on on the inside.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the best one to look at, like from ah because I know, like like both money was raised and the most amount of money was made was on Trump. I think that's the best example, just being honest, because you know that, right, you know that people were able to buy in at five hundred million.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah yeah, like people snipe that coin too, you.
Speaker 5: Mean no no, no, no, no, no, like at the when before it launched, at some private dinner that they gave people special access to buying it.
Speaker 6: What yeah yeah wait wait what yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Who who get who gave that? Who? Who gave that?
Speaker 5: But that was that was I mean, that was what I was told, Like there were people at a some sort of crypto event in Washington, DC.
Speaker 6: Uh if that's true, I don't know if that's true. But if that's true, that's I don't I told Okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, see that was the biggest one to me about that five hundred million buy into the Trump shit coin. That pube was posted immediately after Trump became president, leading to the immediate sell off and all of that.
Speaker 1: We don't have a ton of time because they have a guest standing by.
Speaker 3: But it's like I said, I certain point, I don't feel bad for these people anymore, every single person involved, from Portnoy to Hayden Davis to any of these others, people who are buying in the seventy five thousand or so people who bought in. It's like, look, you guys are trying to do a get rich quick stream and you got burned. It's like, well, you know, listen, idiots, the path to wealth is out there.
Speaker 1: You can buy s and P five hundred. People don't want to do that. They want to do single game parlays and do all of this. It's like, well, you get what you deserve at a certain point. What's the point.
Speaker 4: Stupid people deserve protection too, soccer.
Speaker 1: This is the capitalist country again.
Speaker 2: But they're taking advantage of the trust that people have in a Dave Portnoy, in a hobby or Malay in these other creators and influencers. That's why they get these like twitch streamers and whatever to promote these things. They're taking advantage of that trust and they're scamming people who are ripping them off. And I think it should be illegal. I think it should be I think it's really wrong. I think it should be completely I mean, these things are just brazen pod these schemes.
Speaker 4: I don't even understand how it is legal.
Speaker 2: It is such an open pyramid scheme, that's all it is.
Speaker 4: There is no value here.
Speaker 2: It's just this imaginary bullshit thing pumped up by whatever influencer or President of the United States or First Lady of the United States or president of Argentina. So I find it just the whole thing to be so dystopian, so grotesque, should be illegal, and I don't really understand how it's not. But you know, like the people like Hayden Davis, they're getting rich well.
Speaker 1: On the presidents side, and I couldn't agree with you more.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, this is what I don't get. I'm just a silly YouTuber. Somebody came to me with a pump and dumb cryptos game. Even if it was enough to retire, I would never do it. It's like, dude, you're the president of Argentina. It's like, presumably you're gonna get filthy rich off of this, right, especially with all of your connections.
Speaker 4: Why well, what's the point we should say? For the lawyers.
Speaker 2: He deleted his original post, and he claims he really didn't know, and he claims he didn't benefit from it, But this president here certainly did know and did benefit from it, etc.
Speaker 3: Even if you take Marley's explanation at face value, considering all of the recent just two month track record of Hawktua, Trump, shit Coin, Milania and all of this, why would you ever put your fingers on any of this stuff? Do you have no judgment? Like up here it sounds like, why do I have better judgment than you?
Speaker 2: So my thing is how to expect ordinary people to be more savvy about this than you know, the freaking president of Argentina it was like a global celebrity now, and these libertarians are I just.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to do in a society where people are desperate to legalize get rich quick, Like we were talking about sports betting, they want to be ripped off. That's what you Every single time that people use sports betting app, you're going to lose in the long run. If you're a winner, they'll just ban you people. I was just talking earlier today, Mark Cuban's got a new credit card.
Speaker 1: Out there, secured by your car equity.
Speaker 3: Amazing, But thirty percent thirty percent APR people are signing up left and right for key locks and balloon loans.
Speaker 2: But the be sure with sports betting isn't to make it more unregulated. The answer, as you laid out in the big momologue you did, is to make it.
Speaker 1: More They don't want that. Don't put the.
Speaker 2: Guardrails on and make sure that people are actually protected so they're not losing their whole life savings and you know, killing themselves in the worst of circumstances or having their entire life ruined, et cetera. It's not to just be like, well, let's a fair I guess, let's just let everybody get If.
Speaker 3: You put it to the ballot box, it would pass by eighty percent. To make it, they want to make it even easier to place bets. They want to place bets on every play, every touch some people.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm not sure how it would fare at the ballot box. I'm not sure about but is at least somewhat regulated. This is you know, he's just admitting brazenly like insider trading and manipulation or whatever.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's going to face any legal trouble.
Speaker 3: I actually do think it face legal trouble because he admitted to literal insider trading now under the current SEC regime and all of that exactly possible times.
Speaker 2: And they're there is to let guys like this steal your money.
Speaker 3: So they actually disagree because you're a crypto person. They're the people, the real crypto insiders, the bigcoin ETF guys, the winkle Vine and all that. They hate these mean coin shit coins stop because it makes them look bad. Because they want to they want more integration to the financially not.
Speaker 2: Really any different. I don't hate that's what Hayden Davis says.
Speaker 1: That's not true. He's talking about mean coins.
Speaker 2: We talked about bitcoins specifically in this interview as well.
Speaker 4: Just last notes before we wrap this up.
Speaker 2: Number one important Portnoy got paid his money back.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, I mean at least so you got that's screwed.
Speaker 2: But don't worry. Hayden Davis made sure to make Portnoy whole. And yes they did disclose it and his own the open but that is grotesque because Dave Portnoy has plenty of money. He's going to be just fine. But they made sure to make him whole.
Speaker 4: Okay. And then the other thing is that.
Speaker 2: Javier Malay is actually if they're looking at like impeachment and charging him with corruption and fraud whatever, I don't know if any of that goes anywhere. I have no idea that you know, argent justice system, et cetera. But this has been a massive political scandal for him. I don't think there's any doubt about it. Yeah, that was a big problem for him because the very people who you know were hurt the most by this were the biggest believers in him, and it's just such a brazen scam that Yeah, I think it is a genuine political problem for him in Argentine.
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 3: I looked this morning on how the Argentine Argentine press is covering it.
Speaker 1: But I have no idea. It's not like you have the greatest track record in terms of their judicial system. That's right though.
Speaker 3: About Portnoy, it's absolutely I mean, he disclosed it. He's like, hey, he paid me back five million or whatever. But that just gives you some insights. So listen, if you're out there and you're watching a Twitch stream and somebody's trying to encourage you by coin, but I know nobody will listen. What's the point. But you know what, joy shit coins and enjoy your single game parlays. Yeah, I'm gonna keep put my money in the S and P five hundred.
Speaker 2: When the trumping launched, you saw something, Oh we're all getting rich, blah blah blah, like people bought the Just don't, guys, just don't.
Speaker 4: Hayden Davis told you.
Speaker 2: The only people who make money or the insiders, they're just trying to fool you and rip you off.
Speaker 1: Please. Same with the sports gambling companies.
Speaker 3: The only people making money you're FanDuel and draft can here stock is up by chwe percent in the last month off the Super Bowl. Thanks for your coin, coinage money. That's the only thing that they're telling you.
Speaker 2: Very fortunate to be joined this morning by April Verrett. She's a president of the SEIU. They've been involved in a number of actions against this current government and their illegal behavior.
Speaker 4: Great to see you, April. Welcome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, so we can put this first hair sheet up on the screen. I know you all have been involved in some of the lawsuits about accessing data at Department of Labor, at AHHS, at CFPB, also at the Treasury just talk to us a little bit about your thinking and your decision to get involved in these lawsuits.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, there has been such an extreme amount of chaos and uncertainty since the inauguration on January twentieth, and working people have had enough, and so we were proud to lend our voice, along with others in the labor movement and the progressive movement, to try to put a stop to this outrageous overreach. And we believe that what the so called DOGE is doing is highly illegal. Going into personal data of folks is just unwarranted, unnecessary, and we're happy to do our parts to put a stop to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you hearing from your members because one of the one of the debates that Zager and I've been having here is about how much this is landing with working people since you know, Social Security hasn't been cut yet, Medicaid hasn't been cut yet. We'll get to more on that in a moment. Medicare hasn't been cut yet. So far, it's a huge spectacle. Is this giant power grab? But maybe it's not biting and hitting people's pocketbooks just yet.
Speaker 4: What is your sense from your membership?
Speaker 2: Of how engaged they are, how concerned they are, or do they feel like, oh, well, they're you know, making the government more efficient.
Speaker 4: Who wouldn't support that.
Speaker 9: I don't know, knowing my Social Security number or yours, or having access to my tax returns or yours or billions of other people in the country is making the government more efficient. Not only that, we have folks who have filed complaints wage in our violation complaints against companies owned by Elon Musk, and that data lies inside of the Department of Labor, and so for him to have access to everything, including information about folks who have filed complaints against him, hmm. I think American people, you know, have something to say about that. It just goes against the tenets of our democracy and just what's fair and right.
Speaker 2: So one of the things that I wanted to talk to you about is, you know, they've taken these actions so quickly and made Elon Musk, I mean basically like this sort of ceo dictator of the country, and they're betting on it all happening so fast that the system can't really react. And you know, obviously Republicans in Congress have just sort of laid down they're just going to go along with it, see their own power to the executive. The Democrats in Congress seem to be struggling to figure out.
Speaker 4: What exactly they can do to deal with the situation.
Speaker 2: So you're only really left with the court system, which I know is why you got involved with these lawsuits. Have there been broader conversations though, between you and other labor leaders about maybe some more creative or more coordinated actions with the labor movement and the you know, all of the millions of union members that exist nationwide.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think we have to remember this is I lose count of the days, right, but there's certainly far more days ahead of us with this administration than we have behind us, and so we have to pace ourselves. This is going to be a marathon. It is absolutely not a sprint, and they seem to be throwing everything and the kitchen sink at us. But I expect there's going to be a lot more to come, and so it's important that we all take a deep breath, that we pace ourselves, that we are strategic as we possibly can be, that we choose the smart battles to wage, but that we have to stand up against what is un American and just not right. And so I think we will see in the coming weeks and months ahead a much more strategic, escalated, coordinated pushback not just from the labor movement, but from all corners of the country, where we seek to continue to build the power of working people, to break this hold that this administration seems to have over our country, to bridge the gap between us and others who may not share all of our political beliefs, but wan a country right that actually is one that has a vibrant and healthy democracy, and to you know, and to begin to fix and heal I think some of what's wrong in the country right now.
Speaker 4: I know you also have been involved.
Speaker 2: Your union's been involved in pushing back against looming Medicaid cuts. We can put E two up on the screen. Your Republicans are getting their sort of budget proposals together. Piece of that is a giant for jrillion dollar tax.
Speaker 4: Cut for the rich.
Speaker 2: Another thing that is a major priority here from House Republicans are cuts to Medicaid. According to The Hill, they say they put that at the top of their list of budget cuts to help pay for their wide ranging agenda that spans tax cuts, Energy Production, and border security. Put the next one up on the screen to your point about some unlikely bedfellows. Here, Steve Bannon is actually warning Republicans about this move.
Speaker 4: He says, Medicaid.
Speaker 2: You got to be careful because a lot of magas are on Medicaid. I'm telling you. If you don't think so, you are dead wrong. So talk to us about some of the efforts to your union is making a push back against these cuts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so we have to know and remember eighty million Americans depend on Medicaid for their health care coverage in this country. Most of those are children, half our children, and a lot of them are seniors. And so it is just incompatable to believe that we will take away health care access and coverage for the most vulnerable among us. And I don't ever say this, I think maybe the first time ever, but I agree with Steve Bannon. Medicaid is not a blue issue. It's not a red issue. It's not right or left. It's American, and it's Americans health care coverage. And so we know that Republicans and Democrats alike depend on this program. Red states and blue states. Thirty percent of state budgets is Medicaid and health care related costs. And so if you make those types of cuts so deep into state budgets, it doesn't just effect Medicaid, it affects every single part of a state budget. And so we need to raise our voices. We had over three hundred people on Capitol Hill a couple of weeks ago lobbying Democrats and Republicans alike on this issue, because working people are not going to stand by and watch this type of devastation happen to our communities.
Speaker 2: Last question for you, April, what do you make of some of the political trend towards Republicans among union members, and specifically towards Donald Trump, who's made a pretty concerted effort to appeal to some union members.
Speaker 9: Look, union members are regular, everyday people, right. We don't have a country without working people, and that includes folks who belongs to unions. And I believe that folks want lower prices, they want more control, more agency over their lives. They want to know that they can take care of their families and keep a roof over their heads, and send their kids to college, and hey, maybe take a vacation every once in a while while. And I believe that's what folks thought that they were voting for. But we are, you know, almost a month in and I haven't seen the price of the eggs get any lower. I haven't seen people more certain about the stability of our country. All that I've seen is chaos and uncertainty. And so I think if they continue to do what they do, folks will know what the truth is, and that is that they voted for someone who is not really on the side of working people. It is clear he is on the side of his billionaire cronies and the corporations that they lead, and it's time for us to take our country back and make sure it's one where working people stand a chance to get ahead.
Speaker 2: April Vert, president of a Service Employees International Union. Great to have you, welcome, Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Joining us Now is front of the show, Ali Betstucky.
Speaker 3: She is the host of Relatable and it's great to see you.
Speaker 8: Great to see you too.
Speaker 3: Thank you all right, So Ali's here to horseshoe people into traditional values reacting, it seems to this Elon musk saga. Let's put this up there on the screen for those who have not yet seen the news Ashley Saint Clair.
Speaker 1: She's a conservative influencer. I guess you would call has.
Speaker 3: Had claimed now to have had Elon Musks thirteenth child reveals she sat down for a tabloid interview here a life of secrecy after a whirlwild romance with a down to earth billionaire.
Speaker 1: What we learn a little bit more.
Speaker 3: From this entire saga is that there's been some disputes between miss Saint Clair between Elon Musk about paternity, it seems, in terms of his responsibility, and it spawned a lot of discussion online amongst the conservative intelligency. I guess over having a child out of wedlock, about these arrangements for her family and what is the ideal outcome if you want to live a good and a happy life. So let's put her statement here where she says, five months ago, I welcomed a new baby into the world, Unmuscus, the father of not Previously you disclosed this to protect our child's safety and privacy, But in recent days has become clear the tabloid media intends to do so, regardless of the harm it will cause. Initially, she was saying there it's a tabloid story. However, she did participate later in that report from the New York Post. So, Ali, what do you make of all this as participating in the discourse?
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, So when I saw this news, I was so shocked by it. I literally woke my husband up out of his slumber, and he didn't. He was like delirious. He was like, I think I'm dreaming. There's no way that you're telling the truth. And as it started unraveling and we were digging more into it, we realized it is very much true. And I have a lot of conflicting feelings about it. I mean, I know exactly where I stand when it comes to marriage and children and families, formation of families. We need not just more babies, we need actually stable families for society to survive and thrive. And so I know Elon Musk is a part of this, like desire to repopulate the earth, like Genghis Khan. I think he's even said something like that before. Yeah, but we don't just need more babies, we need more stability. And from my understanding, this was the intentional creation of a child that they knew was not going to have a stable to parent home. And because of that, I couldn't participate in the celebration and the congratulation. It's not that I think that the baby is it valuable. Of course, the baby is so worthy of love and celebration and all of that. Absolutely, but this seems to be a very sordid and purposeful situation, and I just don't think that I can publicly be a part of celebrating.
Speaker 2: That well, and part of you know, we had a debate internally that I don't think zacher My may revealing.
Speaker 4: Of like should we cover this because it is does feel.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, it's like it's tragy, it's like, you know, it's very personal, all those sorts of things. But to your point, first of all, Elon Musk is one of the most powerful people on the planet at this point.
Speaker 4: And number two, to your point.
Speaker 2: It does speak to this like ideology that he has, so I think it is important to dig into it, not to mention. I think the legitimate points people have made of like if this was Barack Obama, people would certainly be covering it totally. But what did you make of some of the response from the right that was like, oh, she's winning it life, She's secured wealth and good genetics for her baby. That one makes me very very uncomfortable when you start talking in this language of like genetics and that that should be the sole goal of procreation, is having like the perfect baby with the perfect genetics. Obviously that's a dark road to go down. What did you make of some of that reaction?
Speaker 8: Yeah, because there were some different motivations behind the celebration. So I have a lot of pro life, very solid, socially conservative friends who congratulated, and we might disagree on that, but I do not doubt there since your values. They see it as I'm just celebrating the existence of a baby, and that's all they're doing. But then there were those like you said that were like, who cares, The world needs more babies. This is a good thing. We need more based babies. I saw something like that, and so we should just be happy for them. But clearly this is not a happy situation. That's first of all. We can see that. We can see that from Ashley's responses, some of them she deleted. This is actually a very sad, complicated, messy situation, and this little helpless child who didn't consent to any of this is right at the center of it. So I think we should actually be sad that this whole thing happened. But then also when we look at the conservative values of the right, you made a really good point. If this had been Barack Obama or a number of other kinds of people, no one would be celebrating. We would be calling it degenerate behavior, irresponsible, the problem with society, part of the breakdown of society and the breakdown of the family. But baby Mama, culture, I guess is okay when it's Elon Musk, and I just can't get on board with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're absolutely right, and you know, to your point, this is deeply void and sad. So let's put this up there on the screen. You know what you were talking about. For some of their back and the forth, you can see here, she says. Elon, We've been trying to communicate for the past several days. You have not responded. When are you trying to going to reply to us instead of publicly responding to smears from an individual who just posted photos of me in my underwear at age fifteen years old? Like you said, she eventually deleted it. But this is not a happy situation, and so I guess, like bringing it back in terms of how we should all look at this arrangement, the eventual sad outcome where you have bickering online while yes there's an innocent child in the midst of all of this, and what the cultural takeaway should be in terms of celebration and or using it as a lesson for everybody out there for their personal lives.
Speaker 8: Yes, well, I think that it is an interesting picture at what the right is now, what the Republican Party is now, And we knew that when we kind of grabbed on to the MA movement, which includes a lot of amazing people that I agree with in a lot of ways, but who are also very socially liberal or moderate, we kind of rearranged the right to be a conglomeration of all different types of fundamental values, Like we agree on important things that want us an election, but we never got down to the basics. I mean, we disagree on fundamental things like the definition of marriage when life begins, the sanctity of life, if marriage is even necessary obviously, and so in some ways I think these debates are productive. I see my role in others like me to be an anchor on the right to move the overton window as much as I can, and to hopefully show people that it's not just about having traditional or old values but doing what works. If we really want society to win, if we want America to be first, we have to have a stable family unit. And we also have to know, in my opinion, where all of that comes from, which is from a creator who created objective, universal morality and all of that. I'm a Christian where I stand, but at the very least just looking at it pragmatically, this kind of stowing your wild oats when you're a fifty three year old going after I don't want to say going after, but being in a relationship. I guess with the twenty six year old conservative commentator, it's just not the way to go. If everyone did that, If everyone did that, then we would all be at a world of her. It would all be a mess. So maybe we should think about what is best not just for us in the moment, but for society in general as well. It's interesting you bring up Mahan Rfk Junior because my husband woke me up in the middle of the night when the Olivia Nuzzy Rfk Junior affair came out, And you know, I mean one of the questions I have for you is like, has this ship sailed in a sense when well, Trump himself is how many times divorced and kids with all these different you know women, and R. K. Junior is by his own admission, serial philander. You know, the history with him and his ex wife who was now deceased is deeply dark and horrifying.
Speaker 2: You know, has that ship sort of sailed? And I'm not saying those things were celebrated in the same way. I think that's part of what's different about this particular dynamic. But was the road laid out by celebrating certainly those individuals, even if those particular choices were not part of what was inherently celebrated.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that's a fair question. But then you also have JD. Vance, who I think is being heralded as a hero rightly by a lot of conservatives, not only because he's just so strong and he's not afraid to say the truth, but also because of his clear family values, because he is so insanely normal, and it feels like a really long time that we've had a normal young family in the White House or you know, in d C. And so I think that really Trump and Elon Musk and RFK they were simply seen as the people who could get it done. And I still have hope that those who have come over to the right and who have changed a lot of their values over the past few years, that they can still change their values even more to come even further over, because I hear from a lot of these very influential Mahak people who tell me privately, you know, I used to be ardently pro choice, and now I'm rethinking that. So I think that there's an opportunity, and I think instead of compromising those of us on the social right over there, we really have to hold the line and be as persuasive as possible.
Speaker 2: Ali last question I have for you is how does this fit in? Like I feel like, you know, with Trump and with Elon and with RFK Junior, there's like a nexus with sort of like the Andrew Tait version of masculinity, where you know, philandering and you.
Speaker 4: Know, getting a lot of women and having.
Speaker 2: Like basically a hair like this is sort of like celebrated as that's part of what makes you an alpha male. The Trump administration is now trying to pressure Romania to, like, you know, I don't want to get into that whole thing, but let the Tate brothers off the hook, et cetera. Like, how do you Because I think that's part of what is intension with the direction you want to push the party in. Is that part of that definition of being an alpha and being a male has come along with that view and that approach to women and parenting, etc.
Speaker 8: Yes, so part of it is true this kind of masculinity. Being tough is masculine. Saying what is true while being unafraid to do so is masculine. Being strong. All of those things are masculine. But what I think is, like maybe piauk masculinity or one of the key parts of masculinity is self control. And when we have someone like Andrew Tage who can't even master himself and yet he is talking about conquering the world by impregnating a bunch of women, yeah, I mean every loser forever has done that. But if you can't even control yourself and your own based passions, then you really know better than an animal. So I understand why parts of Andrew Tate are like, wow, he's really unafraid to speak against feminism. But of course, I mean he is no better than any you know, degenerate that has ever lived, and I do really I'm very troubled and very worried about the lionization of someone like Andrew Tait on the right. I see that even growing now, and yeah, that greatly concerns me.
Speaker 3: Well, Ali, I respect you so much. I think you're so consistent, and I just always enjoy talking like you. So I really hope that you come back to the show. And it's been just been great hearing your perspective.
Speaker 8: Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much for watching.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you, and we'll see you all on Thursday.