Speaker 1: Yo, week before Thanksgiving, you got some extra games. You got a Black Friday game. So hey, this is your Ober promised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thankful for seventy kick ass episodes of this show.
Speaker 3: Episode seventy.
Speaker 2: Thankful for this guy right here, Dunce, Boy Cavino and Rich this is our bonus pod again. We're on two to four Monday through Friday right here on Fox Sports Radio five to seven on the East Coast. And this is the stuff we didn't have time for. And on his very special day, Rich, we celebrate there. He is forty eight years of Rocky Boa. But we're also going to talk about falling short of milestones. James Harden's in the news plus your pick for week twelve tonight, and let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Man, do you know how old Rocky is in perspective when you really think about when we little kids, when you were just a little boy, back to the future, went back to the fifties, that fell forever ago. Yeah, when you watched The Wizard of Oz that was nineteen thirty nine. So if you were a kidding in the eighties, there's fifty years ago. In two years, this right here, fifty years ago, fifty years old.
Speaker 2: But It's forty eight today, debut today in nineteen seventy six, winning the Academy Award, putting Sylvester Stallone absolutely on the map as the god man.
Speaker 3: You have to sell his dog buckets. Yeah, this s Bookers.
Speaker 2: That means a cuff and link must be at least fifty sixty years old at this point.
Speaker 3: He's crazy.
Speaker 2: He still has those turtles. That's a fun fact. But it's a legendary movie. It's a love story and underdog story. One of our favorite movies of all time. Absolutely, I love this and you know what, I know, it moves slower from today's perspective now, but I watched it recently with my daughter and she loved it. So that still holds up. Yeah, still holds up, stood the test of time. It's a classic, and it got us thinking with slying the News recently. You know, I think the whole Tyson fight was a fix. Absolutely, he deserves an Academy Award Oscar winning performance Iron Mike. Absolutely, he implied that he deserved an Academy Award for his performance. Sign the News and the anniversary today, how do you rank the Rockies? It's a forever debate.
Speaker 1: This is very telling I think you'll learn a lot about someone based on how they rank the Rocky movies. And we all have our own order, right, Like, no one's gonna have the same exact order. It's like my theory on Tom Hanks movies. If you tell someone give me your top four, you're mount rushmore of Hanks.
Speaker 3: No one's gonna have the same four.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone's gonna have the same Rocky order because I think right out the gate, it's like.
Speaker 3: Snowflakes and uh, all different and.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, So when you look at all the Rocky movies, I'm not even going to include the Creed movies, but I want to hear a fun fact. Yeah, the money maker this is you put your glasses on too.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm trying to see, you know, the rankings here.
Speaker 1: So total cost to make all the Rockies and the Creed movie.
Speaker 3: So that's nine.
Speaker 1: Overall blockbusters one hundred and eighty seven million dollars, just shy of two billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Wow, you're like, there's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: And stallone is in a rare category of multiple franchises, between The Expendables and Rambo and Rocky, only few have done it as big as Sylvester Stallone, so we salute you on this day on the anniversary of its debut.
Speaker 3: Was Over the Top of franchise.
Speaker 1: Over the Top was the most ridiculous movie when you think of the premise. Truck driver that was an arm wrestler.
Speaker 3: Was a little over the time. All loved it. The arm wrestled to get custody of this kid.
Speaker 2: But the theory is this, guys, we all love the Rockies, we love the Rocky franchise.
Speaker 3: We all got pumped.
Speaker 2: This kid's watching the movies shadow boxing in our kitchen and our socks sliding around. We all have that punching bag, probably with clubber Lang on one side and Rocky on the other. Right, Italian Stallion, absolutely, but we all have different orders of appreciation and mine is simple.
Speaker 3: So I'll go first.
Speaker 1: You know, HB four beauty. There you go to quote, uh, the old rookie.
Speaker 2: You might get punch in the nose because some people need to learn.
Speaker 3: The hard way.
Speaker 2: The Italian Stallion rest in peace. Carl Weathers, I'm going with the og. I know that's debatable, but you can't debate the original. It's the best. It won the Academy Award.
Speaker 1: If there's no Rocky, there's no Rocky two three.
Speaker 2: I know that other people are gonna be like, yeah, but the other one's better, isn't that. No, This is the first. It's still great. It's the one people talk about. It's the one. It goes down in the history books, all right. It led us to all these other ones. You can't beat the first one. Rocky, the Ogg, the Red Brain and all that stuff. Number one, Number one, My second favorite in the Rocky franchise, Rocky four soundtrack.
Speaker 3: Li in a mate. I mean they all have so easy, way have great soundtracks, right, all five.
Speaker 2: You just the craziness of it, the novelty of it. James Brown and Ivan Drago. It's the goofiest one, probably but the most entertaining. I view it as the Temple of Doom of the Rocky franchise meeting Indiana Jones and Temple of Doo might be the dumbest one, but it's the most entertaining. So Rocky four for me, everything he hits, he just thrus. I'van Drago against seen that in the theater as a kid. For me, that's right there. It could be number one, but it can't be better than the original, so it's number two. I got Rocky two at number three because it's great. Rocky two is arguably as good as the first one. So I got Rocky two.
Speaker 3: Next.
Speaker 2: I got Rocky three after that. Now this is tough because they're all good. Rocky three was good. Yeah, you know, I got the poofy hair. Now I got like poofy hair. I'm fighting thunderlips and clubber lang. Oh he insulted my wife. Absolutely no kill the real man. Yeah, so I mean, and mister t was the baddest in the land at that time. So Rocky three is next. Then I got Balboa because I thought Balboa was really good.
Speaker 3: Good movie. It is.
Speaker 2: You know, people don't like the sad undertones of the movie, but I thought it was great. If you slept on it or you didn't like it, I think you'd you should watch it again.
Speaker 3: I really actually enjoyed Rocky Buboa.
Speaker 2: So I got this at five, and I have Rocky five at number six on my countdown. And I see that respectfully because I know everybody says it's the worst, and it is, but it's the worst.
Speaker 3: Of awesome movies.
Speaker 2: If you watch it again, The only real criticism is, well, I don't like the storyline because he's down and out and poor well whooped he do he didn't.
Speaker 3: Write the story.
Speaker 2: That's the life of the k of Rocky's and that's the arc of a lot of fighters, right, So you don't like it, big deal. But the criticism is he didn't fight in the ring. If he fought Tommy Gun in the ring. But it's still a good movie. I promise you we'd all love it.
Speaker 1: I watched it within the last couple of years, and my big takeaway was, yeah, this isn't as shitty as I remember. But at the end when he's in the street, like go for it, it's not a corny yeah, Like even that part's cool. There's a scene where Mickey's giving him a motivational speech in black and white.
Speaker 3: Like about when here's the downside of.
Speaker 1: It too, when he thanks George Washington Duke instead of Rocky, like.
Speaker 3: It's Tommy Morrison in it.
Speaker 2: Look, and you got to give credit to Stallone for always casting former athletes in all of his movies, even in the Expendables. He's known for doing that, and in this movie you had Tommy Morrison, who was a legitimate contender heavyweight division. Right, he was a legitimate heavyweight fighter, and it was a good story.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: But in this story and I'm not well, I'm not saying he was punchy. He had what you caulle it like a relaxed brain or something. Well, his brain was really having ruggy yo dyl Sin who would remember Uncle PAULI was saying, yeah, he's stupid to see it ever, Yeah, but so I know it gets a lot of criticism. It's still last on my list, but it's not as bad as people say.
Speaker 1: But my list not terribly different than yours. Okay, you give Rocky one the top spot because it's Rocky, It's the og Academy Award winner. I'm ranking this based on if I were flipping through the channels or if I was on Netflix or Hulu, and I'm like, what would I actually be like, you know what, I'll keep watching.
Speaker 3: This because I have to.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, Rocky one would not be the movie in twenty twenty four that I'd sit down and be.
Speaker 3: Like, I'll keep watching.
Speaker 1: I am a firm believer that Rocky two might be one of the most underrated films of all time. There's extra training montages when Adrian is in the hospital, Rocky come here. If you don't, maybe you don't want me to mix it up with Creed no more, We'll find another way.
Speaker 3: And what does she say?
Speaker 1: Just win?
Speaker 3: And then what does Mickey say? What do we waiting for? Every stadium?
Speaker 1: Ship hits so hard? So I'm going Rocky Too is number one?
Speaker 2: Did you notice that, like Cobra Kai this season sort of paid homage to that scene.
Speaker 3: A little bit. I did notice that. I mean, if you haven't seen it, I don't want to spurl it.
Speaker 1: So I'm going Rocky Too is number one, and then bye the fault I have to put you know, look at the scene ween.
Speaker 3: What do we wait right now?
Speaker 2: Played at every stadium to get the fans fired up? Like all the montages are great, That's yeah, It's it's.
Speaker 3: Hard to rank. That's why everyone's gonna have a different list here.
Speaker 1: So I'm going Rocky two in the top spot, just at a pure you know respect, I have to put Rocky one, the original, in the number two spots.
Speaker 3: I'll go two one.
Speaker 1: Then of course the most entertaining Rocky Wall four Drago, you know, the Roe PAULI in his robot and you know, like going to Russia, Happy birth Day, polygy No, training in the mountains, Dragos, in the gym Drogo. So Rocky four most entertaining maybe the whole series.
Speaker 2: But then, by the way, that's when stallone is the most slick and the most rich. So you love that as a kid because in Roy remember I said Rocky three poofy hair. I was getting a little cut, you know, I was getting in shape a little bit. By Rocky four, he's so rooted out and ripped and rich. As a kid, you're like, oh my god, this is great.
Speaker 1: You know, I think it's hard to really debate my order two one, four, Then I'm going three.
Speaker 3: As much as I'm a Hogan fan. Here's my hero. As a child, I.
Speaker 1: Thought the Thunderlips thing was sort of cheesy. Clubber Lang was great, though I loved how he lost dies Apollo trains Rocky. There's a lot of good storyline in three, so hard to even say that's not a top three. But two, one, four, three Balboa underrated, and even though five is not as shitty as you remember, are still the worst. It's still the worst of all these. And you know what, I'll give Michael B. Jordan and stallone and everyone credit. I thought all three Creed movies fantastic.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 2: So if you don't have past weekend plans after week twelve of the NFL, maybe you go back and watch the Ease. Come up your your own order again. I'm Rocky, Rocky four, Rocky two, Rocky three, Balboa and five two one four three Balboa five. That's Rich's order. What's yours? Hit us up at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio hashtag Rocky movie?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you.
Speaker 1: Tag over promise our regular update anchor Dan Bayer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he hasn't seen Rocky. I know, I can't believe.
Speaker 2: I know one day we're gonna have to take him out for hibachi because he never had abaci and a night of Rocky.
Speaker 3: There's something.
Speaker 1: Listen, pick your things about people. Some of the people I very much enjoy their company. The fact that he hasn't seen Rocky, the fact that your girlfriend hasn't seen The Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 3: Like there are movies where like Who Raised You? I know, like comes Wove Come on? All right?
Speaker 1: Well, hey, uh, there was records broken in the NBA. The NBA's back. I know a lot of people pumped about this.
Speaker 3: Well, this was a cool story.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They also was a time stamp of man. James Harden's been in the league for a minute. Now you've I'm doing it on a high level for a long time. Used to be James not so Harden, James Soften. Yeah, now James Harden climbed up to number two on three point Leaders this week. Steph Curry obviously being pop dog right there over thirty seven hundred three point shots.
Speaker 1: Yes, Steph Curry's three point records are like Jerry Rice's receiving records.
Speaker 3: And no one's catching. It's like pun intended, no, for real.
Speaker 1: It's like when you look at Jerry Rice compared to the other greates like Randy Moss, It's like how what That's how Steph Curry, Like even the closest are not even close.
Speaker 2: So James Harden surpassed Ray Allen for three point shots.
Speaker 1: Made the surprises on there, Kyle Korver assassin number seven, It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Reggie Millarson still playing, He's on the list. Hillard's still playing, He's on the list. Reggie Miller obviously, you know he's on the list. Lebron James just for longevity reasons. You know he's there, but you're like, damn, James Harden pasted Ray Allen. He now has two thousand and nine to seventy five. Ray Allen had two nine seventy three, and you're like, dang, ray Allen came so close to three thousand. He'd be an elite company with Steph Curry.
Speaker 3: Mister three thousand. Listen.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people that come close to records or just benchmarks, and I know that bothers the hell out of a guy like Cavino.
Speaker 2: It bothers me because Ray Allen is one of the greats, and he's known for his three point shot, and he came so close. He came a half a season away, you know, of reaching three thousand.
Speaker 1: When you think about being a professional athlete, everyone's got those numbers on their mind, like three hundred wins, five hundred home runs, you know, so many touchdowns passing. They're legendary marks and when you fall just shy.
Speaker 3: You might say, who gives a shit? But it just looks funny.
Speaker 2: As a fan and as a kid who collected baseball cards, you would see these stats. You're like, oh, he's so close to five hundreds. So that leads us to based on the Ray Allen thing, and congrats to James Harden again at number two falling short of milestones. So who comes to mind when you start thinking of people or athletes falling short of milestones.
Speaker 1: These athletes may genuinely say, who gives a shit? But as a fan fans, you know, well, as fans we're more critical than the player sometimes. So these are some of the people that we're thinking in the back of their mind. They must say, man, I couldn't have played one more month, like two more games.
Speaker 3: And by the way, you nailed it.
Speaker 2: Perfect segue, because the first one that comes to mind for me as a Yankees fan, as a base ball fan is Alex Rodriguez. Now keep in mind, he didn't play in twenty fourteen. He was suspended, so seasoned down the drain in twenty sixteen. I still don't know how and why he only played sixty five games.
Speaker 3: He wasn't having his best season.
Speaker 2: He was maybe in a little hot water, right, so they just like ended his career at sixty five games. He ended up with six hundred and ninety six home runs for for short.
Speaker 3: Home run shy of seven hund though of seven hundred. So look, Alex Rodriguez, who lives for baseball.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he sleeps with that, you know, falling this short of a seven hundred home run milestone again being an elite company, He's so close to seven hundred.
Speaker 3: He could have still played. He should have had well over seven hundred.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know how many of those he was juiced up for, but still he would have had seven hundred six ninety six.
Speaker 1: There's a couple guys, and I knew one of them. This, two guys that were stuck at three hundred and ninety nine home runs. I know from baseball card collecting, Andrea Scalarraga three nine.
Speaker 3: You know, even with that.
Speaker 1: Altitude in Colorado, he couldn't pop out one more.
Speaker 2: All those Rockies were hitting bombs at that time. More, Yeah, three ninety nine, that sucks one more home run, and you're like, in a different conversation, a different category, so close to three ninety nine. And then a legendary ballplayer also finished at three ninety nine, even though five hundred is like the Hall of Fame of course landmark, but still you want that number, right, al Kline of the Tigers ended at three ninety nine. Legendary player for Detroit and there's a legendary photo of him too. Spot of him with like JFK in the background. Get all the people in this photo al Kline, LBJ JFK, Jimmy Hoffa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's a wild photo.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 3: On a throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: I got I got a couple of football on Yeah, this is one that satisfies your ocd Okay, John l Way exactly three hundred career touchdowns Like that's I mean.
Speaker 3: Like any went out with two Super Bowls back to back.
Speaker 2: I mean, talk about the best way to end your career. This guy did it perfect. Did you call this guy the finisher? I mean three career tuddies. There's dudes that are labeled mister almost a lah Mike Musina, right, who came so close to so many milestones.
Speaker 3: And then there's guy like the guy's like l Way, who just did it so perfectly and it's good to be la.
Speaker 1: I'm bringing this guy up because I know he still got guess in the tank even though they stink. The Jets Aaron Rodgers currently has four hundred and ninety two tuddies.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, he needs eight. I'm not wishing bad on Aaron Rodgers eight for eight, but I mean, who's this say he gets there? I mean, is he if he plays one more year? For sure? But the Jets are struggling.
Speaker 1: It's not like this guy's doing his old school Aaron Rodgers three tuddies a game.
Speaker 2: I'm like, who on, oh man, that's got to eat him up. I mean he played something anyway. I mean, we don't know, not at this rate. But yeah, four ninety two for Rogers. And of course, I know you wanted to bring up Warren Moon.
Speaker 1: Kov He's got seventeen now, so with that said, he'll get over five hundred just at this pace this year. But imagine, God forbid, he got a little banged up and he doesn't come back, so again falling short of milestones. Warren Moon Yeah, listen, he played in the Canadian Football leagu the CFL. He's a legend Hall of famer, but he's like one game, he's two games shy of fifty thousand yards. He's got forty nine, three hundred and twenty five yards.
Speaker 2: So yeah, when you combine his Canadian career his professional career. The guy's done at all, but still forty nine and change and then almost fifty thousand yards so close. I got one that I don't think I didn't tell you this. Yeah, but there are four guys that you know, Okay, lifetime average in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 3: Nine.
Speaker 1: Now this is an active player. Mike Trout has an opportunity to change that. So crossed Trout off. Three guys that are done that wrapped it up like great MLB careers, but their stat line to ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Which is again three ninety nine in today's world, right in today's world. That was fantastic, but still one point away from three hundred.
Speaker 3: Two ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Dustin Pedroia, oh wow, because he had a couple of bad seasons at the very end that pulled it down.
Speaker 2: Or his Big Poppy What did Big Poppy call him? He called him something else? Remember like something. He's like, why did he call you Dustin? I could be he He's like, that's my name. Matt hollidayne oh Man and another.
Speaker 1: We talked about the Rockies before Man the Rockies, Dante Bishett, imagine that you're like, man like, have I dropped three more bloop singles?
Speaker 2: And of course, the number one name that comes to mind when you think of falling short of milestones is Stan Ross aka Bernie Mack as mister three thousand, because he was known as mister three thousand, and.
Speaker 3: Then they realized, oops, there was a clerical error.
Speaker 2: He ended up with two thousand, nine hundred and ninety seven hits, came back to the bigs at forty seven, only to get two more hits, ending at two thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Of all the.
Speaker 1: Sports movies we've watched, wait, I've never seen it, Of all the major leagues and Field, the Dreams, and you name it, all the.
Speaker 2: Great movies, Slapshot, We Take You South in America, I've never seen that movie.
Speaker 1: Either one of us. Maybe that's our weekend watching.
Speaker 3: But the premise, do you go beso interesting? Mister three thousand?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't sure if he ended up with three thousand, but no, he was known as mister three thousand. Came back and then the story is he fell in love with the all over again as an older guy, and he had a chance to get three thousand hits, and he lays down a sacrifice bun or something for the team well, now.
Speaker 3: You gave me the premise. Now I don't have to watch it.
Speaker 2: Sold as hell Bright Austin Pas, Bernie mac aka Stan Ross, mister three thousand, just one hit shy of regaining the title, Well of mister three thousand before.
Speaker 1: You get out of here. Tonight some Thursday night football about the startup. So if you want a last minute wager, okay, DraftKings sportsbook code, see our show.
Speaker 3: I got a teaser that I'm not in love with.
Speaker 1: But then again, sometimes the ones I'm not in love with are the ones that hit easy. I know you think the Steelers, like you said earlier today on Fox, you can't see how they lose to the Browns.
Speaker 3: I don't see that happen.
Speaker 1: Short week, travel, everything, These Thursday night games are all They're screwy, as my dad would say. I mean, you never know what you're gonna get Thursday is. You know, it depends on the coaching, the travel, There's so many things involved. The visional game. The Browns are three and a half point underdogs. Make the Browns a nine and a half point underdog. They're not scoring a lot. I don't think the Steelers' offense is lighting up it's a lot more about their defense. So I like the Browns plus nine and a half under forty two and a half. The over under in this game Cavino is only thirty six and a half, so I'm even I'm going up and picking the under. I feel like this game. You know, this game has written all over sixteen ten, sixteen, thirteen.
Speaker 2: Thirteen ten, like Russell Wilson's Time to Shine. Do you think Thursday night game? He wants to light it up tonight.
Speaker 1: Love scoring shitty game, love scoring shitty game, and you gonna be like man Richie's right, sixteen ten Steelers and then you cover your bet.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: So enjoy Week twelve, your Thursday Night football, and of course the sakai to kai.
Speaker 3: Enjoy that this weekend perfect.
Speaker 1: We'll see then Ariba there Chi baby, see you in the over promised land better
Speaker 2: And then t