Speaker 1: I never thought that Dick Down and Dallas would do what it's done.
Speaker 2: You know, Like today I saw on the global viral of Spotify the song's number one right now really is insane.
Speaker 3: Dude, we puffed your shit on on this podcast, and obviously I've never never heard of it, and it's like, it's hilarious.
Speaker 4: You gotta fight, fight, You are right.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Busting with the Boys. The Boys, as Wills likes to say, as we all like to say, episode eighty, we'll oh, we almost just dropped an F bomb right after I just said I don't want to drop anymore F bombs? Did you see that I said? But I don't want to say it. You know what I'm saying. I asked for a hot I asked for a black coffee. I really wanted an ice because you're like, I don't know what it is about my sensories. They don't do well with heat. Sometimes I just go into food when it's just super hot, and I'll burn my roof of my mouth. I'll begin a meeting with the suits and they'll be like telling me about you know this and the other. Will your futures looking pretty broad if you just keep doing X, Y, and Z and I'll be like eating some pats high and I'll burn the almost said the S word. I'll burn the top of my mouth through that. So thank you for the Black Coffee boys. I'm learning though. I'm twenty nine turning thirty in twenty twenty one, and it's gonna be special. Bust with the boys, you guys. Honestly, every single week, I just get so excited Monday comes out and you see the chatter on the bust and accounts. Alex does a great job of doing that, getting everybody hyped up for everything. And it's crazy how much the ebbs and flows go of when we win and when we lose, because when we win, it's hype trained city, right tennessee it Talian's twenty twenty twenty twenty one super Bowl Champs. That's a bit of a mouthful, so she said, twenty one twenty super Bowl Champs. And then you go and you play a game like the Green Bay Packers game, and it's like, up, we're the worst sea that's ever lived in the history of living. Of teams. People that have pulses, they now no longer have pulses, which means they're dead. And the Titians should kill themselves. That's the kind of that's the kind of fluctuation that we kind of deal with on a on a week's week basis here on Bust with the Boys, and it kind of goes with the podcast, right, But the Bust with the Boys is a separate entity from the Tennessee Titans. We're not worth you know, seven hundred million dollars yet, but we're on our way. Well certain low thousands for now, but we're on our way for sure. And I think you guys think that, you know, we're just not going to do podcasts when we lose. But guess what. It's Monday. Wait, it's Tuesday at three, two days after we got absolutely donkeyed by Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers. And it happens. It's it's part of sports. And you guys can live and die on your swords of lies of you got your Tennessee Titans, fat head. Remember Javon curse. Remember McNair, Oh, Eddie George would have never been held for ten rushers for a ninety eight year Just let's let's just bag it. Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna start a new phrase in twenty twenty one, and it's and I want you to follow me along because it's gonna be very vital for every single one of you out there. And it's simple. Okay, that's all we're doing, right, And you might what do you say? What do you see there? Okay, that's all I'm saying. Now I'm gonna slow it down. Okay, that's all we're gonna say. Right now we're gonna do. We're gonna do role playing. Let's see Alex say, just say, Hey, the Tannsey Titans suck. You guys are never gonna be worth anything.
Speaker 5: The Tennessee Titans suck. You guys are never gonna be worth anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, see, And now I don't have to argue with Alex because it doesn't matter. And I think we've learned in twenty twenty that we just kind of give too many opinions, right, we fucking don't. No, I did it? I set an F word? How far am I into this podcast? Not oh four seventeen dude? And I am in an F bom. Alex told me I suck. I could tell him why I don't suck, but Alex doesn't care about my opinion. He only cares about his opinion.
Speaker 4: So guess what.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, Okay, hey Taylor, I hate the way you dress. Your tattoos are stupid, your kids are ugly. Okay, like it's fair, it works on every single face.
Speaker 4: Hey, did you know that Joe Biden is this is uh?
Speaker 3: It helps China and he gives information to China and if he's an informant. Okay, right, Hey, you know I actually.
Speaker 4: Don't believe in what me just male and female.
Speaker 3: I want to be at unicorn. Okay, like we you know, we do for anything. It doesn't matter what side you believe in or what this.
Speaker 4: The Titans suck.
Speaker 3: Guess what next week? Aaron Rodgers is gonna suck because he's just not as good as Tom Brady or whatever. And that's what we just gotta deal with.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: We gotta figure out the of life, right, Okay, So we're gonna do from now on, We're gonna deal with Okay, we're gonna maybe in twenty twenty one, we're gonna take a nice little step back. We're gonna sit down, and we're gonna sit in front of keyboard, and I hope Garrett learns this lesson we're gonna sit in front of our keyboard and we're gonna think, well, maybe I shouldn't tweet that because maybe my opinion really doesn't matter as much as I think it does. But a Dori Jackson, well, maybe.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna tweet that out because I've.
Speaker 3: Never played corner before, right, I maybe I should tell this us USC cornerback there was Draft eighteen overall he's trying to.
Speaker 6: But I've never played corner at USC, so maybe I shouldn't say anything at this moment. Now, this is my podcast, and I will only people only want to talk when I ask them to. So if someone's having their mic right now in front of me, they need to, they need to A Dori A Dory.
Speaker 3: Is I probably shouldn't say that, and what we have said about that, Garrett, Okay.
Speaker 4: Same.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: It's such a simple reference.
Speaker 3: And I think social media is so beautiful right literally everyone here in behind the cameras and sitting in the in the chair, we all have jobs because we get to expose our stupid opinions and what we want you to go into your Sarahbellum right, get in there, dude, mess almost did it again? Messed around in your sarahbellum, your brain, your emotion category and tell you X, Y and Z. We can do that. Why because I have a blue check, I can do whatever I want. Right once you get the blue check that a robot has told me I'm worth it, and that is okay for me to do. But if you don't got, If you got, let's say you got thirteen followers. If you're following six thousand and you have thirteen followers writings in the wall, right, you probably okay, that should probably be most your tweets. You know what I'm saying. Okay, let's just.
Speaker 4: Fucking just spend it.
Speaker 3: Hole, damn it, I did it. Oh there was another one. Spend your day, dude, spend your day. I want you guys to tag me, all right, it's okay. Just if there's something ridiculous, even if it's not ridiculous, guy's blue, it doesn't matter, right, and go anywhere your will your dog's ugly, right, fat? Okay, that's fine. That's what Will should have said. The whole thing, and then the whole thing was over. You know the beautiful personality, right, and nobody painted personalities before. If you understand, right, dude, you're so right, let's see. But I'm glad I got that off my chest a little bit, dude. It was it was needed, and it's there's so many beautiful things about social media because you can do and say, like when I was ten, there was the social media, and now there's now I do so much social media. It's like when I first got in the NFL, you would get almost laughed at for doing media, like you get in trouble, you get fined as an offense line and to go do media. I love doing media and I still tell the boys, oh I hate doing media. I love doing media. I love talking to people. I love having my personality out there. I love doing those things and you should too, and that's beautiful and that's all right. And even like my opinion, right, you're listening to mine and you think that's stupid, like everything you're saying, Taylor, and now all I have to say to this is okay, right, because my shit doesn't matter either, it doesn't. But social media's beautiful because like just was it last week or the week before, Will Compton goes viral right trending on Twitter. This is because of you, guys. This is because of the bust one of the boys Faithful and Tennessee's definitely stolen our identity on their social media platforms. So also the Tennessee Time's Faithful, which is kind of warned the same but still two different entities. Right, See how we went back to that one two one two and then two two one to one, and the United States was trending. I think it was like, what was it, one hundred and fifty two thousand tweets? Now not all of them were about Will Compton and his dope a play on the goal line against the short Lions. But is it a coincidence that it happened right after that? No, I don't think so. I don't think it is at all. The boy is trending, was trending, He's not trending anymore. Hits the ball? Now, Dakwan Jones is gonna say that he knocked the ball at first because it's my platform and I can say whatever I want. You didn't, Dakwan, right now, Will did? Then now you can just say okay and we can move on. Right that's the name of this episode. Now now okay, it's just that's just gonna be figure out, Josh, your goal of this entire week is to figure out how to spell oka because it's not n K right, you know. Anyway, Will did amazing. He came in on goal line guy, gets three snaps of game, comes in and does something beautiful like that. I love it, dude. The boy Will Compton deserves more success than all of you except for me. That's all I'm gonna say. Right, and you guys can put that into your cerebellums once again about the brain and how that whole thing works. But he trended nationwide, dude. And uh, but the boy wasn't done after that, right, Like he sits there. He trends for doing something hype. He trends for doing something amazing, and then and then what happens Will because he's so original. And let me just say, because I I did listen to Will solopod by himself, which really wasn't a solo pod because it was like three minutes of him doing a solo pod, and then Corey came on. Then he was talking to and then he was talking to and then they finished. If you don't know what I'm talking about, Episode seventy nine, Will Compton did a phenomenal job, but he didn't do it so much? Seventy it was it seventy eight? Excuse me, seventy eight. Oh that's right, because our best of was seventy nine, which is also incredible poet listening to that. Those two pods are probably the most I've listened to our pods because I spend all day, every day with myself. I don't even see myself ramble on more than I already do. But Will goes viral again? Right, he does it again, and you think he made a great play. What's he got next? What's the next, big, big thing that Will's gonna do? Right?
Speaker 4: Well, he did, he did an amazing job.
Speaker 3: He went dude, He went to the barbershop and said, give me have you seen Tropic Thunder?
Speaker 4: And the guy goes, well, I think.
Speaker 3: I have, before he gets well, there's a side plot in the movie Tropic Thunder where Ben Steelers's character plays a fully disabled individual and decides to go it's because the movie is called simple Jack? Can you go that for me?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 3: And the guy that looks at him goes, you are you sure you want this? And Will looks this man dead in the eyes. I'm assuming this is when I wasn't there for the conversation. I'm assuming he just looked him and go absolutely, that's what I want. And the guy he went okay, and then it is went and they did and they did the barber shop. Dude, they did whatever that was at the barber shop. Will comes in. Will calls me the day before it becomes a viral sensation on every single sports platform. He calls me and I wish if you're listening to the audio, you have it for the YouTube, because I'm gonna show you the face he gave me right now. So it's like warm, right, that's me coming into the thing. And I'm like hey, and I go, oh, what happened? Like this is my head right in my mind, you're like the commercial, the commercial with the uh it's like the guys training the parents have to say blue hair or whatever. You see that commercial? See that was me? Yeah, we all see it. We all see it. And in my head, I'm like, Okay, maybe maybe he's in the middle of the haircut right Like I'm thinking like, okay, maybe he's not fully done it.
Speaker 7: He's barbering.
Speaker 3: Need to take a break, And he goes he just.
Speaker 4: Looks at me like this, oh, dude, he looks at me like, so, he goes, so, what do you say?
Speaker 3: And I go about what I go to We like, you took a break to call me, and you took a break in the middle of your haircut to call me, dude, And I didn't have the heart, dude, I didn't have a heart to say. I'm like, dude, hell yeah, bro, it looks amazing. You look so good. I'm like, yeah, dude, it's killing. He goes, Peaky Blinders, right, I'm Carol Shelby.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 3: He like, he's explained to me now. He told me to watch the show. He's obsessed with the show Peaky Blinders. And he calls me and it's like, if you have an idea for something for everybody who decides to do a haircut like this again, if you have an idea, like that's okay to take the idea, make it your own. And the man got the exact haircut and then got the suit and changed his name last name, so he's the bitch like changed his name to William Shelby and THEA and the jacket.
Speaker 4: And so hes a fictional character's brother. And I didn't think anything would happen if it dude.
Speaker 3: I did not think anything would Oh, I'm actually crying.
Speaker 4: And the cigarettes not even letting the picture dude.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're all learning lessons.
Speaker 4: That's the thing, dude.
Speaker 3: That's the best thing about this podcast is we're not just having a great time. We're not just doing it up and having just having our smiles happen. Right if we're it's Monday and you're frown, we'll we're turning it upside down, as the old expression goes, we're smiling and we're learning from people's situations. We're gonna call the mistake because I think the entire look put together with the hat on was just just don't get the haircut right, just put the hat on like came and see it looks great. I think you should have lit the cigarette to a couple puffs and then there better not be a filter in that cigarette either, because you know they didn't have it back then. But I'll tell you what, dude. So I get off the phone with and I'm like, hey, man, it looks great. You look phenomenal. Uh that I can't wait to see what the boys think. Did not think anything of it, dude, And then I woke up in the morning to a tweet with Will, and it said, when you're getting roasted by the boys in the locker room for your haircut, and it showed like a monkey. I'm not gonna say what kind because I don't know, right, I don't know monkeys, but it was a certain kind of monkey. It had the oxygen take it. He looks like he was on like an ivy grip because he was dying. Absolutely hilarious, dude.
Speaker 4: And then did the.
Speaker 3: Tennessee Titians came out? Yeah, what is kind of what is that a chimpanzee? What is that?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 3: Tinge an rangutan?
Speaker 6: That's a thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, you see it comes out, Oh the Tennessee Titians, who who are just like they don't they don't always try to be funny. But they literally put out an injury report for Will saying that he was doubtful for the game because of a haircut. Because the injury was a haircut, dude, and he and then it was on Yahoo Sports, it was on ESPN, it was on Uh, it was on damn near everything, dude. It was on Sports Illustrated. It was Bleacher Horror.
Speaker 4: It would dude.
Speaker 3: It was everywhere. It was absolutely everywhere. And I couldn't. I couldn't believe it. So I think this is. You know, I was nice to Will on the phone, just the two of us, so I decided to make a story for myself, just agreeing with everybody.
Speaker 4: Because I had to make it worse for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: Dude, that's so funny. First sip for those of you who had been joining us on the podcast. I usually I don't do well with hot things. Hold on, that's the perfect temperature, warm enough to make your belly feel nice. But I'm actually just terrified of the coffee now, dude. So Will's had a busy fourteen days. I wouldn't even fourteen. I would say's abound, like like six days. Right, strip strip fumble on the goal line against the Detroit Lions. I don't think it mattered when we won that game Bay Time, right, we did really well.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 3: We did well on that and then uh and then that, and just willis had a full week. He's probably exhausted. He's probably just exhausted. And the thing is is like the suit looked great, the gold pocket watch thing looks phenomenal, but should have let the cigarette four point five? Right, it's overall four point five, but I think he could have done. I was like, I was wondering what he thought when he got home late Sunday night, early Monday morning and decided, Like he lays out in bed and he thinks to himself, well, the the game didn't go well, but the suit, the suit and thing didn't. And then something creeps into his mind, probably like, well, now what do I do with this haircut? Like what happens now? I don't know if he's gonna shave it or what he's gonna do. But dude, there's a lot of things that happened happened this game. Man, there's this, uh, well, before we go any farther, we should probably take a break for chi ching ch ch ch ch ch chitch ching ching ching ching. Uh adds.
Speaker 4: The boys.
Speaker 3: What's up? Champs?
Speaker 7: The champs out there? That the if you're rooting for the boys, you're for the Titans, any of it. Dude, You're a champ today. And shout out the Boys of the South for taking the division last night. Who is our advertiser? Trifecta shout out Trifecta Nutrition no free shoutouts a meal food delivery program and it is unbelievable. Trifecta is the best meal prep on Earth. All meal plans are created by chefs and nutritionists to help people get into the best shape.
Speaker 3: Of their lives.
Speaker 7: Trifectam makes eating healthy not suck. You don't have to suffer to eat healthy. Trifecta is convenient so you can save time rather than having to spend hours meal prepping every week. You're able to stick to your nutritional goals. All meals have precise macros people need to gain or lose weight and meet your physical goals. And it's also science backed nutrition. All Triffecta's meals follow scientific nutritional principles. The best part food quality is their number one priority fresh food farm to fork supply chain. It is never frozen, which is big time organic produce, gluten free meat that is Animal Welfare level five welfare.
Speaker 3: Hang on, let me say again.
Speaker 7: Meat that is Animal welfare level five. That is the highest possible level for meat. It's fully cooked food, so no waste of time cooking or cleaning. Just heat and get healthy meal prep that the boys use. That elite athletes use meal plants that fit people's lifestyle. So whether you're vegan, Paleo Kedo, whatever it is. Trifecta Nutrition has Triffected Nutrition has a plan for you shot meal plans and get forty percent off meal prep with code busting. That's b U s s I N. Go to Trifecta Nutrition dot com slash busting for this exclusive offer for you boys and girls. That is t r i F E c t a Nutrition dot com slash bustin to get forty percent off your meal prep today.
Speaker 3: That was a great add by the way, Will, because it Will does the adroids right. He sits in a closet in his room and holds up a microphone to his mouthing does a man's game for those of you who know Mancy whatever, whatever the thing is. But the thought of Will and his dumbass hair cut in a closet, dude sitting there probably wearing the William Shelby UH suit. That's the same thing as wearing a jersey, right, Like, I think.
Speaker 5: It's your rule.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you're wearing a suit and you open it up and it's another man's.
Speaker 5: Last name, is it better or worse than a jersey?
Speaker 3: That might be worse. That might actually be worse. Does anybody think it's it's better than a jersey.
Speaker 5: It's hidden. The name's hidden.
Speaker 3: But it makes it even more suspetity in character, fully in character that and.
Speaker 5: Does it does it being hidden make it more suspect?
Speaker 3: Like you're saying, do you know when you're like, I don't know if anybody's ever gone down this, but if you go and look at like parody porn, like you like it's Scooby Doo, but they're all humans and you know roll and he pulls it out right, that would be a peaky blinder like Will be the star and a peaky blinder's parody porn? Right, Well, you about this? Yeah, Oh oh no, I'm gonna get my brother. I'm gonna get my brother, Will in here. What's gonna do?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: And then Will walks in What you think about Dace and A at his penis And that's when they have sex, And that's when that's when all the acting goes out the window and they no longer after e those accents like oh fuck, yeah you like that, and it's like, oh, dude, this guy was from Camden Town ten minutes ago. What happened? So anyway, the boy was weird before he got married that's some weird search histories.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 3: The loss of the Green Bay game, It's like, here, here's the deal. And I jokingly I sent Garrett Garrett, one of our intern I don't even if he's an internetmore. He get paid now, so whatever. Garrett like had a tweet about Dorry Jackson being trashed. It's like, we've all had bad games. Dory Jackson got his fifth year picked up for a reason because he's played well in the past, and we like jokingly, he's like, it's a fans opinion. It's a fans opinion. And I should have just I should have just said okay and moved on. But I didn't. Dude, I didn't follow my one rule. But it's not twenty twenty one yet, so we don't have to follow it yet.
Speaker 2: But but he did.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: We just got into it for a little bit, and it was It was funny because if you have an opinion about a player, right like, I've had of people tweet at me and tell me I'm the greatest things and slight spread. And I've also had probably three times as me he tweets at me saying I'm the worst things and slight spread. So it's like, you know, okay, and it is what it is because ebs and flows of the year for me, for me, and I can only speak for me. Is you know, at the end of the season, Oh my god, Taylor's so great, He's this, that and the other. And then I'm so great in the beginning of the season, and then somewhere in the middle of the season, everyone hates my guts, I'm getting too mandy, penalties, I suck, I'm not what, I don't care anymore. And then at the end of the season, what happens, you guys all love me again. So will you just cut out the middle part? That'd probably be the most happy thing for me and for the rest of my teammates. Is maybe just you know, support the boys constantly, and it's I and everyone's entitled their opinion. I totally just went back home what I said, but at the same time, like, okay, you know, and that's it. So at the Green Bay game, it didn't go well. It reminded me a lot of the Cleveland game. How they go down, they score, we then then we get stopped run the thirty two. We don't kick the field goal. I don't understand what was all castasic, I don't you don't want to say, I don't know the answers to those question, and so I'm not gonna even talk about them not kicking the field goal or punting or not punting. And then Aaron Rod just put another fourteen nine and it just it's a bummer, and people are like, well, should you even defer? Should you even defer in the beginning of the game, because that's stupid. It's like, what they did to get their fourteen points is what you want to do as a team, right, you get the ball at the end of the half, you put points on the board, whether it's three or seven, always prefer seven, but you get three whatever. In this situation, they got seven. Then you go into half and it's like you come right back out, march on the field, right like that, the two possessions swing. That's what you want. And so like, yeah, you want the defense to play better, listen, put me in in defense, dude. You know what's gonna happen. Forty more points, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's the thing, like Taylor, you go cover DeVante Adams, Well, you want forty more points. That's what I would say for us. Nope, for them, you know, because unless and Daron Rodgers doesn't damn aneurism, I ain't stopping nobody, dude. I'm a good left tackle and that's literally. I can't even play left guard. I can't play center, I can't play right card, I can't play right tackle. I'm literally I'm a one trick pony. And they say in the NFL, the more you can do here's the end of that phrase. The more you can do it, the less you get paid. Be good at one thing, kids, all right, don't try to be a jack of all trades. Find your niche or niche depending where you're from, and just be great at that right. Don't like you can have several irons in the fire, but have that plan a dude, have that plan a always. And so that's what I did with left tackle thing. As far as like our defense not playing well to like I said, I don't know. I don't play defense, so I don't I can't even comment on it. I played defense for three years. I was horrible, But there was a level of jealousy that game. It being snowy out like playing at the University of Mission. You think, oh, I'm gonna play in a snow game someday, and I never did. And that was never snowing outside. There was times where I played at Iowa and there was snow on the sides, but there was the grass was totally fine. And then there was you know, there was calling four snow and it never happened. So, I mean, that would have been a really cool game to play. And you you, you know, you sit there as a fan and go, oh, Derek shouldn't go off this game. But like your still from the beginning, they put a guys in the box, man, like you can't block them all, and you know, Derek did a really good job. I think, you know, there's a couple of hiccups in there. But that's the thing about football is like we can go and coach on Monday, right, I can go, it's Tuesday here. But you know, the day after the game, I can go and say, well, we could have done this, we should have done that, we should have it. It's eleven guys in the field at one time, right, Like you know, Tannehill's interception could have been maybe a guy in his face could have been. It could have been so many things, and uh so it's like not even worth really talking about in this pod because it just you know, we don't know, like I can only play left tackle, Rabel can only go well, I guess he could play two, but he can coach, you know, like you know Ryan can only throw the But you know, it's just so many things. So it's like, let's put down our our torches and picks and everything. It's just relax because the only thing that matters is this week. You win this week and for the first time since you guys would know better than me, when's the last time won the AFC SOUTHW eight two thousand and eight was the last time. So it's like you lose the game forty to fourteen and then you go okay, and then that's it's done, right, Like the game's over. You you struggle off and go who cares? Right lambeau Fields Week sixteen. It is what it is, game set match. And now you go into Houston with a team that you know is four and whatever they have. They have had a trash year, right, but they have so much talent, and you worry because Deshaun said the best year he's ever had statistically, and JJ, you know I saw that damn press conference with j J anam Light where professional athletes getting paid a whole lot of money.
Speaker 8: If you can't come in and put work in in the building, go out to the practice field and work hard, do your lifts and do what you're supposed to do, you should not be here.
Speaker 3: You're like, Oh, I don't worry about it's just words. How many guys are secure. It does worry me a little bit, dude. It does kind of tickle me in the wrong places because you know, JJ, he say what we've said about him in the past. He's a great football player, so he commands respect that way. He's a good leader from what I've heard, he commands respect that way. And then for him to go on a rant for two and a half three minutes the way he did talking about having pride, Like, yeah, that says a lot about him and the way he structured his life. And I'm really happy for him. And I think this is his last year in his contract. Like everyone said, he's gonna go to Pittsburgh next year. The Watt trio. It's gonna be in the stipulation that Derek can't get cut apparently. But well, and the last thing I'll say about the Green Bay game before we go into like the week seventeen, which doesn't matter because time this airs, right, we already know, right, So I'm gonna say, we win the AFC South, and now this will age either great or this will not age very great, and we'll move on after the The refs did not change the outcome of that game against the Green Bay Packers, but holy shit, were they terrible. Like the neutral zone on Kolow the guy was the last person to move on the kick, and then they're Adams Jones, Aaron Jones stepping out of bounds. It's completely obvious, and it's like even New York should have caught that, right that New York should call them that you need to review that, that needs to be taking a look at, like that needs to happen, Like.
Speaker 4: Even if you were like Rabel should have Wow, what a dumb ass Rabel.
Speaker 3: I love saying that because I can't get jubble because I'm somebody else right now, what a dumbass.
Speaker 4: Rabel should have thrown the red flag. Dude, they should have.
Speaker 3: Just called down and I which probably to an a look at that, and then it would have been like ten seconds and it'll be like, Okay, go back. Does that change the game? I don't know what the score is at that time, but probably not. I don't know, Like the Boys didn't play well. Like that is what it is right now. We can all just move on and we go to Week sixteen. I guess the Houston Texans are our big rival, right we left Houston back in ninety eight or when we leave ninety eight, and then we've played in Memphis ninety nine and two thousand. I'm such a genius, and they like, you know, and they hate us sudden we hate them in Houston. People are still pissed. And who has the right to wear the throwback oilers jerseys? We do, but like people get mad about that stuff, you know. And it's like it's a big week. It's a huge week, and it's be good football on Sunday. It's exciting because Miami if they win, if Baltimore wins and one other team Colts win, we we don't and we lose. We're out of the playoffs. Ten and six, best record we've had in five years out of the playoffs. Oh crazy? Is that now? Situationally? If that happening, I mean, I'm sure all the o those teams will probably win their games. The Bills are sitting there, guys, you know, culture playing the Jags, and they seem like they've cashed it in a little bit. I don't know if you ever cash it in, but seems like they've cashed it in a little bit. And so it's like it's an interesting little deal. It's an interesting deal to see what's gonna happen. My thought is every time Derek's held under one hundred yards, every time the team gets donkeyed like they did against Cleveland, if they did it then like we did in the past, they always come out with five, dude, and it's playoff time. This team did it. And I heard somebody on the radio say last year was a fluke, and that's just what it is. It's a food now. Even if we don't make the playoffs, it's not a fluke because you have like we have, the coaches, we have the players. We you fix a couple of things. Now I'm not the person to answer those questions. You fix a couple of things. Those things right, you know, we make that kick against the Steelers in Week seven, like we're there's this We're sitting everybody. You know, it's little things. And that's the beautiful thing about football is it's not an individual game. It's really cool that we all have to rely on each other to accomplish something. So that's why people love watching this, love the camaraderie. This is gonna be interesting. I'm excited. So Titans are gonna win the AFC South. They're gonna host their They're gonna host their first playoff game since two isiate correct? Two thousand eleven? Do they host one in twenty eleven? Who cares? Who cares? It's not even worth going into. All I know is is that they are doing it. Man, They're gonna do it. It's gonna happen, and we're gonna run or we don't. But those guys have their heart set on a trophy this year. I believe in them. You should too. And I think we're watching this right now and going to that while you're still talking about this like it's already passed. So we're gonna move on and we're gonna listen to another ad.
Speaker 7: It's time to shout out the world's most comfortable boot, Georgia Boot. Shout out to you guys. No free shoutouts America's hardest working boot. For eighty years, Georgia has been making boots that work as hard as you do. Tough enough for your job, cool enough for everything else. Georgia Boot makes super good looking and super comfortable boots so comfortable that you never want to take them off. These boots will hold up in any condition without sacrificing any comfort. They're great looking boots that are widely comfortable at a price you can afford. It has comfort technology of an athletic shoe packed into a phenomenal looking boot. Every time I'm wearing these boots, the boys are wondering where we get them. So, whether you're working on your feet all day, working around the house, playing football, grilling out with your friends, these boots don't sacrifice comfort or style. Georgia Boot offers the best work boots, wedges, and laggers around. So whether you're you're a good old boy and you need a waterproof or a good old girl and you need a waterproof boot, a soft toe, steel toe, square toe, metgarden, non puncher shake, non slip soul, They've got it all. Head over to georgiaboot dot com. Use code bussing for twenty percent off. That's b U S S I N for twenty percent off.
Speaker 3: Who's Parker Nordstrom.
Speaker 8: Parker Nordstrom is the Tier one who found the bus and dropped off all those gifts last week.
Speaker 3: Oh this is the guy. One thousand followers, ten posts. All right, this did a little B and e. Right, it really wasn't because it was outside of where the buses. The guy gave us twelve days of Christmas. Parker Nordstrum. I hope he's related. If he is related to the north Strums who started north Strum, he should have gave us a lot better gifts. Sure, but that Tannehill, that Tannehill sign was wicked awesome dudeya oh hell yeah, dude, an elite quarterback.
Speaker 4: Le's going top five. Let's start to that cornerback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that Parking norseom and see did he act alone? Yeah? As far as I know, Yeah, that's him banging on our bus some there, dude, that's so sick. Good for you, Parker Norse. I'm so stoked. Tier one cat Oh what uh sadad's tat's in the pat show and had to copy them because they're effing awesome I'm doing a new thing where I don't curse for my kids. Actually, is that a real tattoo?
Speaker 5: Yes? So you went on the McAfee show a while ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the right, he had my right hand man. He's got the mustache and the mustache my brother in law Parker or oh this is Nathan now? Ye, Nathan four near. I made out with a girl named Taylor four neer one time. I won't if they're related, Nathan, are you related to her? Name's Taylor? Actually it was a freshman year at a frat. Made out and then we went back to her place and she said she was tired, and then an a hockey player came over after called her out. A couple of weeks later we were actually friends though. But anyway, so that's your sister, Nathan. What I didn't it? Nothing worked out for me. This kid gets a tattoo, gets it, stole my that that's that might be worse than getting a suit. I get to bang this kid, right.
Speaker 5: He's not alone, he isn't. There's another one. No way, somebody named Fitch.
Speaker 3: Never made out with the person named Fitch. Keep going and then this kid, no way, people are getting this tattoo yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a selfie, so it's backwards.
Speaker 3: No, dude, that's that's his left hand.
Speaker 5: Oh that is no, no, no, because it's a selfie, so it's backwards. Selfie camera flips it.
Speaker 3: It makes you all left handed. A selfie camera makes you all left handed.
Speaker 8: Well no, it just flips whatever. It's a mirror, so it flips whatever hand it is. So if you show your left hand, it looks like you're right hand in the photo.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But if I took my right hand and I flipped it, I'm still this is this dude's left hand, his thumb.
Speaker 5: Which goes with what I'm saying. It flips the cameras.
Speaker 3: Both these are not left hand. These are not right handed. Dude, take a picture right now and show me you two on your hand right now. Fun story while Alex is taking this this photo, so sorry, yeah sorry. So uh, these guys getting there getting this right hand man tattoo, which is might be on the left hand where it's still for speculation right now, super killer. I love the fact that people are doing this because it's a it's an original idea. It's one of the only original things I've ever come up with my entire life was the right hand man, so phenomenal. They did that, dude, my brother in law, that's your right hand that's right. I am You're wrong.
Speaker 5: I am wrong.
Speaker 3: So people got go ahead, shame them. Okay. I was just told the shame you guys that I'm gone because you fed up. Dude, you messed up. You can't go tattooed a right hand man on your left hand.
Speaker 5: It can.
Speaker 3: It defeats the entire purpose of the tattoo. Now it's still wicked awesome. You guys did that. I'll send you guys a tattoo removal place so we can start over again eventually. But that's unbelievable. And I don't know if are those actually real. That's super funny. So there's only a few people that I know personally that I've gotten that tattoo, after my brother Alex, who's not really my brother, but my brother Alex he got it, and then my brother in law. So if you zoom in, we'll put a picture when the YouTube comes out. But I put a top hat on him, like a few years later, I was like, I need to style this guy up. The top hat didn't stick it all. There is like a crease and so it looks like two antennas. My brother in law when Wow, my wife and I first got married, he calls me and he's like, I need you to send me a picture of your right hand man right now. I was like, okay, you got it. Took a selfie, so it's still my right hand and I said it that because it looks like two antenna's on mine. He got a right hand man with two antennas, like alien antennas on his right hand man. Dude, I was like, goes back to the will thing, just like, if you have an idea, make it your own, right, but give him a skateboard that's wicked, right, get him escapeoard. I think, uh, my tattoo artist Joey Ira Singleton, if anybody's looking to get tatoos, I think he's moving out of Nashville soon. He he let me tattoo a right hand man on him one time, and that thing is wonky, dude, Like the hand one hand is doing this, neither hands doing that, and one leg shorter than the other. This killer though it's killed. That's that's cool that those guys did that, But I feel terrible for them when they hear this podcast and they rise. They totally messed up first. Everyone else knows me. See their name is Christian uh Fitch and Nathan four year that's that's uh the guy's sister. I kissed you guys all got Oh? I think he did it right. Nope, it's on his left hand too.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, what are you guys thinking?
Speaker 3: What are you guys doing? Like, it's called a right hand man. You can't put it on your left hand, but that's wicked, dude. If you guys get a right hand man, send it to us. I'm bust with the boys. It's a casual tattoo. People don't see it. People are worried about hand tattoos. You pop that thing on there, and if you're single, you go the bar. It's a nice little ice breaker. It is a nice little ice preaker. It'll help you out if you're not good with ladies like I wasn't, so I needed a little pick me up. You know, I don't know how to talk to people. That's awesome. I love it. What else we got going on?
Speaker 5: We got this one?
Speaker 3: What is this read that? I can't read?
Speaker 8: This from Danny Rieierz says, Hey, guys, just wanted to let you know, me and the boys have a drinking game where we take a shot every time.
Speaker 5: Taylor says, I'll tell you what I hate.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's funny that you said that. And I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. I hate that I say that. I actually when I listen to the podcast and I heard I was like, what kind of backwards right neck do? I say, I'll tell you what? And then I go into something that doesn't matter at all the concepts of that sentence at all. So out out, Danny, you're hammered. Now I'll tell you what you're hammered. So have fun. Boys. Subscriber to five says Tier one Cats. Dude, tier one Cats.
Speaker 8: Oh jesus, this is so I'll read this one through. I'll just kind of skim it. But this is kind of heartfelt. I thought this was nice. This kid, Raymond, his friend's mom, Pearl, passed away, and she apparently was a big Michigan fan, and so he sent some pictures of you and her when you guys had met when you were playing oh, she thought you were the quarterback.
Speaker 3: I love to sit here and be like, yeah, I remember, that's outside the stadium, Michigan. See him walking that Adidas. What a beautiful old soul. That's awesome. God I was hideous, but good for her. That's awesome, Pearl, sweet sweet queen. I do love that, dude. That's super killer. Gonna do some pod reviews' some pod reviews. Thanks boys. I've been a loser my entire life, no friends, never been laid, no money. But after listening to every possible busting with the boys, I'm legit. Man. Girls want me, dudes want to be me, and I'm rich. This podcast changed my life. Five stars from Mark Jordan one on September eleventh. Never forget, dude, I unbelieve it. Good for you, dude, I'm so stoked that we've changed your life. Obviously we're joking because I give you nothing of substance to actually ever change somebody's life. So that's good. If all you need to do was smile, I hope we give it to you. Life's a little different now. Time to be a little honest your boys. Your boy was a solid Tier three. That's sad to hear and thought life was good. Since then, I've put in a little more effort, not a lot, and have soared into being a tier one. I'm not sure how that sentence correlates. Life is just different now. Boys, I've been getting better, better sleep, the suits are finally noticing my hard work at the job, and my wife even finds me sexier. I owed all to the boys, while all to the boys on the boys. That last sentence is a no pausor so you put in you're a tier three, you put in very little. Who sits like this? Right? Who sits like this? You're a tier three? You put in very little effort. Now you're tier one. I'm not buying it. You're now you're still a five star review, but you're a tier You're tier two for sure. I'm glad your wife finds you sex year. Not sure what you're doing. Once again, we don't give a lot of substance here. So there's it's zero reason for Roy g thirty three to uh for this to happen to him. I guess he's just needed a little little boost, a little morale booster. I can't even read the title rip Lunchbox. I think about Taylor's fish lunchbox at least.
Speaker 5: Once a week.
Speaker 3: Every day. Every day I think about that fish, the warmth, the happiness he brought me. My wife and I almost got divorced over that fish. She knew, she knew I loved it more than her. She knew. Man, you really killed the vibe with that one. Al But you just popped that one on me, and I just took a turn to negative town. You don't have to say that, Okay, Life for the Boys. Will and Taylor are the greatest d in podcasts since Will Forever.
Speaker 5: I think's supposed to be since Well Forever.
Speaker 3: Since Comma Well Forever. Yeah, you should have put a comment in there. Will's beautiful voice is the only thing that could help me fall asleep at night? And Taylor's love what was that for the Boys? And constant ROAs of nearly ever guests in Turn and Will is comedic gold. Thank you very much for saying that. Thanks to these two titans of industry, I now have a will to live once again. If you are on the fence of is life worth it?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: If that is the phrase, I don't want that responsibility, dude, J Man forty two is that an s forty two's j Man forty two's I'm so happy that you are happy with what the production we're giving you. Listen, you're worth it, all right, don't jump right You're you're worth it. I'm happy life is now worth living and for you. I will keep this podcast going and I will make fun of Will harder than ever when the two of us are back in the building. Thank you for being you. The Boys Come First had to cancel with my girl because the new pod came out. Sorry, but the Boys Come First told her I'd make it up to her with big hugs and tiny kisses with the cry laughy face. K Rich, the one and only. Let me tell you something, k Rich, the one and only. There's probably about a dozen more people like you. So if you if you go back, if you have your things saying kay Rich the one and only, how many people do you think also have the one and only in their Twitter handle?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 3: Everybody can just be original. Maybe you're not. I'm stoked you canceled on your girl. Maybe not. Maybe she's the girl the one that's gonna get away and this is gonna be the start with the camel's back. Who knows. But if you are the one and only probably she ain't going nowhere, So that went a whole lot of nowhere, all right. So, Like obviously the city of Nashville has been through a lot in the in the year twenty twenty. Obviously, in February March there were the tornadoes and then COVID Now not only just struck Nashville, but it struck it struck the whole entire country, the whole entire world, but it also like it was definitely personally hit here. A lot of people lost their jobs, a lot of people lost their lives, and it was very unfortunate. And then to wake up on Christmas morning the way the way we did, and to see that Second Avenue there was a bomb that went off. Our one of our production guys, Bloss, is a as a police officer, and there's just no place for that in this world. I can go on a rant about, you know, be the get better person, be this is that like, fuck that dude, And I don't know what happened to him? Did he did he die in the bombing? There's like one person that died, right, yeah, and he was the thing? Yeah, hey good? You know what I'm saying. You never want to wish somebody to go away. But people that want to be destructive and destroy beautiful things like the city of Nashville or anything, or take someone try to take someone's life that they don't even know, right, And that's one thing that super frustrating. You see in twenty twenty all these videos of cops and stuff, and it's a hairy situation to go into because you know, there are bad cops, there are bad people, there are people that break the law, there's people you know, all that stuff, But not all cops are bad, right, not all you know, you can't just generalize one group of people. And a perfect example as our guy bloss He's a top notch individual. He's an awesome person, he's great to be around, he's always a smile on his face. He's a forty nine Ers fan, but we don't hold to get them that much. But like, you know, he's a great person, and he's a cop, you know, and he could have been one of those guys that were put in danger that day he was out of town. But it's just you just shouldn't. It's hard to it's hard to even talk about because like how deep do you really go into these things. It's I'm not gonna sit here and change somebody's mind that's going to go and do this. But you know, supporting supporting the city of Nashville is one thing that anyone who's from Nashville or has been to Nashville for some reason gravitates and goes to do because there's something special. But the city. You walk down Broadway, yeah, there's a lot of bars, a lot of live music when COVID's not around. But like there's there's a there's a continuity, there's there's a mesh that when people moved to Nashville such a melting pot, like no one is from Nashville. We had two guys sitting here from Nashville. But you know, it took me six months of living in Nashville to find someone that was from Nashville. That's how many people come from all across the United States to live in a place like this. A lot of people, thank goodness, a lot of people didn't you know, perish from this situation. But a lot of property was destroyed, a lot of people with businesses. I think there was a tattooing company that lost their business through it that it was completely destroyed. It's a it's a cool opportunity to give back. It's been a tough year for a lot of people. I know Will and I are going to donate. We're we're on Twitter with the boys right now. Will Will's donating one thousand dollars. I'm doing one thousand dollars. Will attack three people all type three people later, but Wills typed three people, and now de Kwan Jones has taped a few people. Jeffrey Simmons has typed a few people. So the money is the money is being risen a rose and so we just appreciate every dollar you guys can help to, you know, soften the blow of this thing that happened on Christmas. Because Christmas, regardless of what you celebrate, right, it's a time you know, at the end of the year's coming, especially this year, we're all stoked about it, and it's just it's a good time to give back. We'll give back whatever you can, right, Just thank you, guys, Thank you for being being a part of this podcast, being a part of what we're trying to grow. Because it's special, man, what we're doing here is special, but it's it's it's not special if it wasn't for yourtures. He's got a spinner and everything. God good for you, dude. Are we ready to go? We're rolling?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're rolling a dip And before I started I thought about waiting. No, so it makes me look cooler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we put one in while we're talking. Yeah, that's that's killer. I used to chew you know. It's not poor what I used to do. Let me let me chew you in because we're so official on this podcast, and then we'll keep it going. Lead us gentlemen, boys and girls. As always, we have a guest, but because a cool we are now doing them from zoom. Our guest today is now was or is meet we'll talk about we other. The number one song on all country music, the lovely song Dick down in Dallas. It's for children of all ages. You will fully enjoy it. Once you listen to it, make sure your kids are in the car and take the censory off. Trey Lewis last, let you we're out of Plas Alas Shirtwoods, Birmingham, Alabama. So definitely checking that box off on the country music schedule. You when did you start doing music? When did you get in decide that this is what I'm gonna do with my life.
Speaker 2: So in two thousand and seven, I was I started drinking and using drugs at a very young age, okay, like twelve to be exact, all right, And then when I was nineteen, I decided to go get some help and I went to treatment and I was there for two weeks, and then I went to sober living for six months, and I got a job working at a smoothie shop. And then as part of like my sobriety, I was like, I need like a like something to do, you know, like to keep my idle hands busy. And I decided that buying a guitar was a good thing to do, you know. Yeah, And I bought a guitar.
Speaker 1: My grandfather paid for half of it and I paid for the other half.
Speaker 2: And I bought a guitar and I told myself how to play it, and you know, like I didn't really have like many things that like made me happy, you know, especially after you know, just cramming drugs and alcohol into my body for so long.
Speaker 5: I was like damn.
Speaker 1: But when I strummed that first chord, I was like, man, this feels good, Like this is.
Speaker 2: What I want to do.
Speaker 3: So that's how it's going to music. Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I found something in music that's this is what I want to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when you decide this is what I want to do, how long was that process before You're like, now, if you kept up with somebody, you're still sober.
Speaker 1: I'm still sober thirteen and a half years.
Speaker 3: I'm very happy for your friend. That's awesome. This is a good start to our relationship. We're just being open. So when you started making this music, when you shrum that first chord, what was like you said, I want to do this. How long did it take you to say, Okay, I'm going to pack up the bags here going from Birmingham. Let's go a little farther north and get to Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 1: So, uh, my story is kind of funny.
Speaker 2: So basically what happened for me was is I started like playing songs in my bedroom or whatever, like teaching myself songs. And then part of my recovery process. Most people know about this and the twelve step fellowships. As you sponsor people, you know, like you help people through the steps. So I started doing that and I had my very first sponsor, so to say, was was a kid kind of kind of.
Speaker 1: Same story as me, and but he played guitar and he was sick.
Speaker 2: He was like in a rock and roll band, and he had been up in Nashville like recording music. And one day he was like, man, we're working on the record. Will you come up to Nashville with me. That way I can have kind of like a sober companion or whatever. And we came up here to that's where I live now in Nashville, and.
Speaker 1: I came up.
Speaker 2: I came up here and like they had the studio on music Road. We were just hanging out and his producer was a guy named west Shaw. He was also the drummer in the band. And he was like, man, I heard you sing a little bit, play me a little something. I played this song that I wrote about me and my friends in high school just raising hell and stuff, and I mean the song is terrible.
Speaker 1: It's called Frankie Didn't Die out in Montana. But like he was like, man, I just loved your voice, dude.
Speaker 2: He was like, you know, you know, and then we that's how my relationship started with the whole Nashville thing.
Speaker 1: And he was, you know, I would come up here and I would.
Speaker 2: Record, you know, my shitty songs, and I would listen to him on repeat the whole way home.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: And then that was kind of like, man, I really want to do this, and my dad thought it was a really cool thing. And then a little by little I was, you know, just making the trips back and forth, and then I started.
Speaker 1: I went back to UH. I dropped out. I was a high school dropout.
Speaker 2: And I went back and got my GD and got a normal I was started working at the treatment center I was once a patient at and in between all that was taking making trips.
Speaker 1: To Nashville to record my terrible songs.
Speaker 2: And my buddy Wes asked me. He was like, man, if you just quit your job, come up here.
Speaker 3: And we're awesome. It's part of the bus man. We worked through a diversity here. How does they trade work to a lot of diversity?
Speaker 2: And I did some cool shit and then I moved back home. I took advice from some songwriter friends of mine, guy named Aaron Lee. He was like, dude, you shouldn't move up here right now. You should move home and like build a fan base and like, you know, get your chops up and by doing that I did exactly that. I played Mexican restaurants and pubs and things like that for years, and then I got me and decided that I wanted to start a band, and we started traveling and doing all that stuff. And then I went through a divorce when I was like twenty nine, my dad passed away.
Speaker 1: There was a bunch of crazy stuff that happened, and then I was by this time, I was a full time touring musician and all that stuff, and.
Speaker 2: I was just like, you know, it's either time to like pack it all up and face my fears or just like, you know, just be that guy that once played guitar, you know, because I did some cool stuff like when I was like playing music, but like it was time to like do something different.
Speaker 1: So when I was twenty nine years old.
Speaker 2: I packed up all my stuff, which was not much, and I moved to Nashville and I had like my first room was like a mattress on the floor. I had like an underwear hamper that was like my side you know, my side table, and just came up here and just started just started roughing it out man, going out and meeting people and you know, doing all the stuff that songwriters do when they, you know, first moved to Nashville.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Man, it sounds like you had a lot of trials.
Speaker 1: That's kind of that's that's that's the story in short, you know, there's a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it sounds like it sounds like you had an incredible story. I wish somebody you had to come on the bus and give us the whole thing, because it sounds like you've had a lot of trials and tribulations to get you to where you're at now. Does now does that joug abuse, alcohol abuse, your father passing away? Does those things find their way into your music? Does that? And then the whole divorce thing, you know, Dick down in Dallas, you can't help but think it hurts you. You know what I'm saying, that's my thought. I will start hearing the song. I'm like, who hurt this man? I need to protect him at all costs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean the divorce was definitely a painful thing to go through. And uh, you know there's been things in my life that have you know, have been super painful.
Speaker 1: But it's like, you know, I'll never forget.
Speaker 2: Like there's been a lot of cool things that have happened, especially in the last two months. I mean and uh, you know, since the song release and before the song released, but nothing was more rewarding than the night that the song came out. And I was in this house with all my friends that you know, the writers of the song and like my friends that have just you know, toughed it out with me and started it out with me the last few years, and watching that song come out and watching it go number one was just like, you know, I was just like, well, damn, I guess God did have a plan all along, like it, you know, and it made everything that I've been through, you know, all all the years of sobriety, and just like you know, I feel like as a songwriter or just even as a person, like you know, you have to constantly like reevaluate who you are as a person and like constantly redefine yourself or you know like that, and if you don't, you just like you know, get to a certain level and that's kind of just where you stay for the rest of your life, you know.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 3: In the lass and go ahead, sorry, and just like just Rea.
Speaker 2: You know, constantly and especially in the music world, or entertainment industry. You're always being told that, you know, that's not good enough or that ain't it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So, like, do you do you let that stuff like tear you down? Or do you just redefine who you are and get better? And you know, I look at it as I sucked for so long that I, you know, finally got decent.
Speaker 2: At it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I feel you like, and that's just how it is.
Speaker 1: You just gotta suck it stuff until you get better at it.
Speaker 3: I think that's something that people miss the most of, right like success everyone sees when you're successful. Everyone sees doing the rock Johnson as the dude, you know what I'm saying, or Kevin Hardy, and so people don't People don't realize how much work you've had to put in into all these things. One thing that's different, really different about you that I've noticed that you've been living in Nashville for the last seven years. You have a lot of opportunity to meet celebrities and country especially country music people that have been in the business for so long. You do feel a lot of walls up with people and with you. You feel like I mean, you got on here and to open up the way you did to somebody you don't even know, it says a lot about you and your character and how you know you being that open book. You can help so many people with what you're doing, and I hope you have so much more success. Like this song is unbelievable, but you know you, I'm sure you got a lot more in you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: All that all that stuff you've gone through definitely will find its way on some tracks, I'm sure. But what do you think is next for you? What's after this whole twenty twenty clears up? And it's not like January thirty first, right, things are just gonna be up. We're back, Let's go back to regular life. What do you what do you see your future looking at?
Speaker 2: Well, we've been doing we've been doing some Uh, we've been doing some touring already, just like smaller stuff in the South, and that's been cool. We're playing a show in my hometown and uh, this place called Zadiko, smaller venue.
Speaker 1: But like I was, like, I was talking to my manager the other day.
Speaker 2: And we've already sold some tickets. I remember when I could sell fifty tickets at that place, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's like really cool, you know.
Speaker 2: So, I mean I signed with a booking agency here in town, and we're just trying to book some stuff.
Speaker 1: That's you know, of course safe but not you know.
Speaker 2: But I mean I've played, I've been a touring musician for the last you know, ten years, you know, so like being on the road is definitely my goal, and just to can continue to play shows. What I'm most excited about it is going out and playing ninety minute shows instead are four hours straight of other people's songs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, That's really cool because that's what I did for so long, was I got I got paid to play other people's songs, and now I'm getting paid to play my songs and you know, twice as much for you know, half the amount of time. So I'm I'm pretty stoked about that. I'm probably gonna put out a new song in February, and then after that maybe an album or maybe like three like concept EPs, like you know, like like h three or three to five songs for each p each EP, like call one sad country songs and then like one like about breakups and ship and then you know, and of course do a music video for every song I put out and everything like that to give the visual.
Speaker 3: That's a music videos. As a person with zero musical talent, it's when you see a music video, it just makes the song that much more, like you feel what that person is feeling. I'm excited to watch it. What can you give out? The name of the song released in February.
Speaker 1: It's called Backup Man.
Speaker 3: It's called Backup Man.
Speaker 1: Backup Man? Like have you ever been somebody's side.
Speaker 3: Piece oncount of fifty times in my life? Yeah, sometimes you gotta get out how you live there? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're back.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a THI song.
Speaker 2: Do you uh?
Speaker 3: Do you envision it having as much success as Dick Down in Dallas?
Speaker 2: Uh? I mean I've kind of you know, I've done a few interviews since this whole thing happened, and like, you know, I realized that, like some people are.
Speaker 1: Only gonna like me on Dick down in Dallas, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like, but like that's that was you know, that was never like, you know, I never thought that Dick Dallas, Dick down in Dallas would do what it's done, you know, like today I saw on the top fifty viral, like the global viral of Spotify.
Speaker 1: I'm number the song's number one right now, really, which is insane.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 3: We puffed your shit on on this podcast. It was like a topic like, hey, this is the number one song in music right now, and obviously I've never never heard of it. We probably and it's like it's hilarious. It's but it's a well done, hilarious song, you know what I'm saying, Like the whole thing and everyone most everyone's been cheated on or something, and you know, you usually envision that person with you know, fifty people at once and all these different you know, it's your imagination goes crazy. And so I think there's a lot of ways that, especially the guys that have gotten torched a couple of times, I think.
Speaker 1: It's important that, you know, we talk about the song a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know. It's like, I moved to Nashville two years ago and I've been, you know, writing songs every day, two and three, you know, sometimes even three a day.
Speaker 1: And you know, I have my group that I write with and my friends that I.
Speaker 2: Hang out with, and you know, we don't write around and listen to the radio or listen to songs like we just listened to like the songs that we've written, you know, or like you know, we send back voice memos of songs we you know, written, or our friends have written. And Matt McKinney, he's like my best friend, and he sent me this song that he wrote called Dick Down in Dallas, and all it was was a verse and of course, and.
Speaker 1: I didn't think anything of it.
Speaker 2: And then Brent Gafford and Drew tross Clair they're also friends of mine. They were the other writers on the song. And then they finished it.
Speaker 1: And then I heard it. And one day we went to Chile's. We eat Chili's and out back.
Speaker 3: A lot back as an underrated spot. I can't get on board with Chilis with you, but I got out back all day that onion smell.
Speaker 2: We were coming back from Chili's and my roommate was like, man, if this song was on iTunes, I would buy it right now.
Speaker 1: And I remember just telling Matt.
Speaker 2: I was like, look, dude, like I know, y'all aren't ever gonna like cut this song, like I would do it if if you know, if you were cool with it, and he was like, hell, yeah, dude, there's nobody like he was like, he was like, I could totally see you doing this song because I've always.
Speaker 1: Like how me and Matt met was. I was playing at this bar in Auburn.
Speaker 2: It's called Skybar, and like he had played like right up the street and he was walking down and I was in there singing a big Green Tractor by Jason Alban. I was in there changing. I was changing the lyrics take take you for a ride on my big tally Whacker.
Speaker 1: And uh, that's how we met.
Speaker 2: And then when I moved to Nashville, I was at Revival one night and he came up to me. It's like, dude, we met at Skybar. You were in there changing the lyrics, so, like.
Speaker 1: You know, adding profanities to songs is always kind of like then my you know, my thing. So it wasn't. What I'm saying is it wasn't too out of the box for me to cut a song like that, Like I have other songs that say you know, fuck or like whatever.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think fuck is a word that I actually talked about in this podcast. Me I shouldn't say it as much as I use it. Too much. But I think a well placed fuck, especially in a country song, gives a little more of a sharper edge that maybe country needs sometimes, you know, like lay down a casual a little fuck every once in a while. It's kind of nice. Like, yeah, if Tim McGraw came out with Dick down in Dallas, I think he'd become a national treasurer once again. You know, like people got to have the stones to talk about the dirty stuff sometimes. And I'm glad these people like you to pull the curtain on the sensory of this world and make it a little more naughty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I haven't really gotten a lot of hate. I got one hate email yesterday.
Speaker 3: What the what the hate email? Say?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 7: What was it?
Speaker 3: What? What super Christian uh group? Was this?
Speaker 1: She just said something at hey, we knew it was from the hands, so I don't have blood on your hands with She was like, you have blood on your hands with this, with this song and all this stuff. I mean I didn't even read the rest of it, you know, Yeah, And I was just like whatever, But like, man, honestly, the song has brought a lot of joy to people, so like, you know, and like I'm asking that she comes back and gives me that sweet ass.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not hating on her.
Speaker 2: I mean, for all I know, like she could just be at the grocery store, you know what I mean, no question, or it could be like you know, Forrest Gump and Jenny, you know what I mean, she's a party girl.
Speaker 3: I think that's an underrated part of that movie is Jenny got around. I mean she had HIV at the end of the movie, so spoiler yeah, but she got around, and you know what, Forrest Grump loved her, just find and she probably did get ticked down in Dallas, you know. Yeah, tag team to Tennessee, the whole, the whole king kaboodle. Yeah, Bud fucked in Boston. So I'll tell you what, dude, I love your stuff, but I like you as a person even better because there's a super genuine piece about you that we need on this bus. I love you to come and be a guest on this bus one time. And uh, you're gonna come and play picking with the boys, which is which is really cool.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: You're gonna love the bus too. It's had a really cool redneck, creepy free candy vibe. I think you're really gonna like it so but thank you so much for coming on. Man. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got your information. We will definitely be bugging this shit out of you real soon.
Speaker 1: All right, brother, thank you man, see it dude.
Speaker 7: All right, big shout out to you guys. If you enjoyed this episode and love and support Bust with the Boys, go to whatever podcast platform you're on and subscribe to us. Leave a review rate five stars. If you're already subscribed, unsubscribe and resubscribe again. It helps the boys climb the charts, and again, we wouldn't be doing this and can't do this without you, guys and all of your support.
Speaker 3: We also have a YouTube channel if you like.
Speaker 7: If you'd like to watch our show or these episodes, they are on YouTube at bust Them with the Boys. We're also on social media at busting WTB. You can follow us everywhere. Go buy our merch. You guys know that whole deal. But thank you so much. We are forever grateful for you. The biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses.
Speaker 3: For the boys always and forever