Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he scrugs.
Speaker 2: Ah, already, let's go, It's already, got's go, go to work. Man. The hat has thrown.
Speaker 4: The hat singles out the players Lounge, his own brought to you by Tostito. It's up Dan Crazy, heck Ma Harrison is here, Barry Church is here, Newie scrugs. Appreciate you on topics. Has some fun here today. Heck, how you doing today?
Speaker 2: Man? One hundred? How about you? Hey, Man, I'm this hundred? Is you hundred? Church? I'm doing Man. They started slow though, Man, if they started to slow for me. Had a tea time about seven thirty this morning, man, and it was packed. It was. I was only able to get through thirteen. So I was kind of disappointed with congratulations on you on your golf game this morning. Church.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, Man, I thought your ran in the church at the grocery. I was out with his daughter.
Speaker 2: Man I was out there what grocery store at ye?
Speaker 4: Yes, it was a time fulm I believe, yes, taking off one more time. They got the two unfore sandwich over there with with with with Dak Prescott.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this this don't help his case. We know you weren't at Walmart.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I was there?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 2: How are you danging? I'm doing great, I'm doing great, man thirty stuff. Put the news. You just can't stop jump right, you can't. I'll tell you what what news did you see? You can't stop yourself. I can't blame it away talk from Houston, bro. And then I was listening to U g CA. I like, but you go ahead and you got it. You walk down that road, you walked up process. Good song, you proceed. It's a good song. It's a rod tics Clarence Hill and Star Telegram.
Speaker 4: The name of the story that the cowboys deep into the saying Williams was arrested happened on Sunday practice yesterday, almost like.
Speaker 2: You know, like media sleeping in the week, media sleeping on the job.
Speaker 4: So we'll see exactly what all everything turns out. It looks as though nothing I would say if I was saying the only thing I really would be concerned about is at any time the NFL can inflict their conduct policy.
Speaker 2: So what so what was it? It was weed and the gun.
Speaker 4: It was a controlled substance, control the control, you know what it was. It was luckily a controlled substance in the gun. So which according to Clarence's story, these things can get knocked out.
Speaker 2: Why you got the ride with with the substance, That's what I don't understand. We was talking earlier on it. I mean, when you when you're in your twenties, you do some you know, some mb days. You know, I've done some dumb things too. But man, it's just like in the car in the whip, which have we all seen? Entourage you can't okay, you got to have a turtle, all right, somebody got to meet a guy. Somebody got to be the guy for you. Man twenty three, Man, you got to do all that to get a sit to you just get nobody in no vice on how to break the law. But goodness, grace, you should not be getting caught like this in twenty twenty three, especially playing for the Dallas Cowboys. How else do you get around? And Danny tell Us morn have no idea. Yeah, which carrier do you go? By the time you can hold off Amazon, you could get anything off Amazon. You can't. Yeah, you know why he was pulled over? We don't don't.
Speaker 4: We don't know if he was pulled We don't know.
Speaker 2: The story did not say that. Story did not say he was walking. No, get up, we got the substance on you. You would think a ten and two on the wheel. Stop writing what you're doing. What you're doing, big dumb. But you know you didn't get pulled over. The bust up.
Speaker 4: And I did ask if he would be made available after practice.
Speaker 2: I was told.
Speaker 4: But the bottom line is I I expect Sam Williams to be there Game one against the Giants and then that every So that's what caw really at the end of the day, that's what they care about. Is he gonna be there on Sunday night football against the Giants and MetLife Stadium.
Speaker 2: I anticipate he should be there. The worst, the worst thing that could happen is when you really need them, is when they drop the hammer. That's what it's gonna come. So you know that's what it's gonna come. But because this there's still several steps to this to.
Speaker 4: Go, and that usually takes them a good almost year to get some of this stuff just got to go through the system. Got to go through the system, and whatever happens, and then the league can look and say, well, this and this happened, and they can make some type of decision that they want if they want to within the personal conduct policy. So it's something that will we'll play out there. But yes, that's the news today that broke out there very much until we'll start telling about Sam Williams being arrested. Sam Williams, by the way, has made improvements in year two. So here's a player that I expect to take another jump on the football field. One group that we talked about here and it's getting towards uh you know that that that cutting time is a running back group. We all agreed on the players Loune Deuce Vaughan and Tony Power.
Speaker 2: These are two. These two are in the house there there.
Speaker 4: It's who's going to be if they keep three, if they keep four, you've got Malik Davis, ricco' Dadell, Ronald Jones. Ronald Jones, by the way, who's from here, is got a two game suspension that he's going to have to serve here and here it is, can't one more time? I mean, this week is critical against the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something. Can you if you have that suspension for the first two games, are you as a team, as an organization, are you allowed to cut the player before the suspension starts. I believe you can't.
Speaker 4: And you know I say that because I did ask a front office member at camp about it, and when you put me on the spot, I'm just trying to remember exactly what's But.
Speaker 2: I believe you can. You can, okay, and.
Speaker 4: At some point, whoever picks him up or whatnot, he has to serve the two games. But but no, it's like you've signed him, so you got to keep him for two games and then cut. But but they could hand let mister Jones go. Chris Beam just said maybe, yes, you can't.
Speaker 2: So, but right.
Speaker 4: Now, why well that I mean so so I think when we say three or four, if you kept four, then you can make the case, right Jo, But if you're keeping three with that suspension, that's that's a tough one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The thing I'm asking you guys for Davis and Daddle seemed like one a one B to me. So if you make me pick straw straws, I'm gonna go with who plays special teams the best? And would you agree with absolutely? Okay, So the only thing that I've seen from Daddell who has I think we've all said better running back right now, more showing more explosion, does all the things you need them to do on third down, But he calls them a pump block as a personal protector. So that's that doesn't call it. It's not in his favor. Also, so I think you said something about two guys being the same a couple of weeks ago, and these are two guys that to me are the same. So that's why this week is so important. Because if Davis has a breakout game like one of those like solid carry, five carries eighty yards, something crazy like some big plays, I think that makes it equally as difficult difficult on this coaching staff to decide who they're gonna go. That was a big strength. Uh, who plays special teams the best? Is that that's what it's going to be, the deciding in fact, the biggest role. Well, you know I had a pun block on me, you know, once or twice in my career as well. He wasn't fighting for you. You were fighting for your life. I always fight for my life. In fact, survivor. I better survivor music right now, one for six years straight life. But I think, like, like what you were talking about, Yes, if that is an instance where in practice this has happened and it continues to happen, that you get in the game and it happens, then that's why you have a problem. If you go out there and they're trying to figure out how to make the calls on who the ppiece your block and it's just a learning experience for him, and that is that's when you're gonna take the knock against the head, then I think he's all right. But I do want the one who's gonna play the more special teams, like who's gonna be a core guy? Right because we know that Tony Paul is gonna get a lot of carries. You don't believe it, Duce Van is gonna get a significant amount of care. I can't wait till we get into breaking this down and we can break it down by numbers. What you how many carries you think Deuce is gonna happen? I don't know he averaged four point nine so far, So I don't know if you could find a way to get that man the ball because him sitting on the sideline with us already knowing what he what he could do. When he's out there, we all gonna be sitting there like, wha wait, why he not playing? Exactly? It only takes two games where you he only get four carries? Why is he there? So I think he's gonna get significant reps out there. So yeah, I'm still going with Dollard though, does it is it any guys opinion? Does it come down to which coach on the staff has more pool? Because, like you said before, Foss got a lot of pool when it comes to who's what players he wants as part of his units out there, and we all understand how much he valued special teams out there. So do you think he has more pool to get that fourth running back in the room or do you think it's you know, the officer quarter they're saying, hey, Rico possesses more of a explosion he can. He can help our offense out a lot more than he can special teams. So does that pull a little bit more into it? You meet head coach not thought about making that this is true. So just going back to that the punk body play.
Speaker 4: If Davis is in that spot and and I haven't, I'm suying that I have not gone when you bring it, I have not gone up to just hey, let me go look at the rewind to take look at the pun black coverage. Who's there, Who's doing what? Because I just wonder how many times had he done it? Has Davis done it?
Speaker 2: You know? Was this was this a case of a possible injury during the game?
Speaker 4: And Okay, go I wonder, I just wonder, I just I just I just have a one. And oh, by the way, they they did have certain starters who didn't play in this game. Could it be different than Again, that's that's kind of a question. I'd love to ask Fossil.
Speaker 2: If you carry, if you carry three running backs on the active somebody's got to play. They gotta play special teams. So and I think that's the whole intriguing argument about what duce Vaughn is gonna do because of Cavante Turpin. So I'm saying that because I look at Davis and Daddell and they're almost the same guy. They could switch numbers, but on same helmet. I see the same player. Okay, so there's nothing separating them, Like one guy is a little bit you know, more shiftier, guys, more explosive. I see them as the same. So that's why I say, if if you just put me to the test and say this is what I gotta do, I'm gonna say special teams is the one place that I'm looking If you go.
Speaker 4: With four, who's gonna who's to say you can't take four running backs?
Speaker 2: I mean you could, But then does that is that cut into maybe the tight ends a little bit? You know? Does that cut into a position of need defensive line line? Please? God?
Speaker 4: So so you can keep three tight ends that year?
Speaker 2: If and that's a tough decision where in the tight end room? Because you got you got the second rounder, you got Ferguson, and you have hinder. Shine was on the bubble. So after that, McKeon cut him last year. Okay, all right, but he was one of your guys that was also a key special teams guy as well. So I mean Schoonmaker, your second round player. I hadn't seen him coming off the plantar be any type of influence in the special teams. So that's what I'm saying. I think that it's going to come down to that all across the board when those final cuts and made. We look at two guys that made it because of they what they did on special teams. So I don't understand why I'm having to make an argument there because the safety room was thin. Combination these those questions they're gonna have that you're gonna sit at peace, Okay, do we do?
Speaker 4: You let Sean Kewan go and try to bring him back as you've done before.
Speaker 2: I mean along the way, they're going to have to make that decision.
Speaker 4: All right, So for instance, you keep four tight ends, you keep four running backs?
Speaker 2: Right now, what would you do depending on what Mike is doing. I'm saying you're gonna keep four tight ends and you're gonna keep three running backs, so.
Speaker 4: You would I'm not in a world you would say, I'll keep McEwing McEwen and let Davis.
Speaker 2: Go if I can let him go and bring him back, like you're saying for McEwen, I'm getting McEwan out of there. I'm keeping my four running backs. I'm keeping four running backs. We got Tony Pouler coming off of injury. We got Ducevae, who we're already talking about is a little weary on the size. Who is gonna pass black for us? All right, we need to make sure that we have enough one if injuries happen, and we still got to find out what these dudes got. You just said they the same player. You might not even be able to make that decision. Yeah, and Ronald Jones come back, I don't know. Maybe he'll be the past protected but right now, I think it's more important for you to get your running back room right and then lean on who you have. Ferguson and a second round pick at tight end, and that's coming into the season already injured. And we talked about a couple of weeks ago about our Ferguson and Hindshot from last season. Those guys look like they for the future. And then in the second round they go and get school Maker. So it's definitely one of those you know, it confuses you on direction they're going, But I think I'm, like I said, four tight ends, four tight ends all the way. So I mean we agree to disagree, just the thought. Okay, So they got Hindershot and they got Ferguson, how many years did they have left on their contracts? Well or f got what three three or four three or so? So he's been right, so he was, So you don't want to put yourself in a position that you have that you had with shouts. Right, So now you got a guy, Okay, all right, these dudes go out here. We figured we don't want to pay him or whatever. We're gonna make sure we mold our tight end room out of the draft versus having to go pay a tight end. The twelve fourteen million dollars is what I see. What would shoot?
Speaker 4: So ferguson four year deals? So last year was ricky, so he's got you know, so he's got three more years. So so look I and this could be interesting because this is a great thing too about what the rioters all do when they go around for them who's there? Fifty three there? And these are the these are the things you started talking about.
Speaker 2: Where do you keep three? Where do you keep four?
Speaker 4: Overshown going down obviously opens up of spots some some work for someone else, said Marquise Bell said the dan Quinn has come to him about playing some more linebacker spots, and what Overshown has done here. So we anticipated Bell making this team anyway, So it's it's it's this is kind of the fun part of this week, this Raider game. And and where do they go is they get this team down here? And heckma's for four tight ends. I'm for four running backs. Where are you at?
Speaker 2: I'm for four tight ends before times like you can flex. Those guys are block in the backfield a little bit. So I went the tight ends with the tight end. Okay, okay, you know, I know we're gonna throw that. Yeah, yeah know we're gonna throw it.
Speaker 4: I think Danny makes a good point talking about just injuries and past products.
Speaker 2: If injuries happened there. All right, let's get our first break.
Speaker 4: In here, Danny Barry, I want you to let me know and think real hard when we come back. Don't answer now. Have you ever flown on a plane with the teammate when you were playing ball?
Speaker 2: Talk about that? Next?
Speaker 4: He all the playoffs sounds brought to you by Tosty Tolls on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 6: Ready once he uses the Cowboys locker rooms favorite products, check out the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black Right now you can get the Jack Black Playmaker, a curated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites for just ten bucks with free shipping.
Speaker 7: The Playmaker includes four.
Speaker 6: Jack Black skincare favorites plus a full sized intense therapy lip bomb.
Speaker 7: Go to get Jack Black dot Com.
Speaker 6: Slash Cowboys and use the code word Cowboys the Jack Black Playmaker ten bucks free shipping.
Speaker 5: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few types away put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 7: For cryptopros, rookies.
Speaker 5: And anyone in between, blockchain dot com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trusted by millions, Trust it by America's Team.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound that's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls for Smoothie King and Whoo Me Too. These smoothie bowls start with us II and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star, and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: Back to the players line.
Speaker 2: Come watch the Dallas Cowboys practice at the Star in Frisco during training camp presented by American Airlines. Free open practices will take place at the Ford Center starting with Cowboy Night on August twenty second and run through the twenty fourth. For more information, visit dallascowboys dot com slash training camp. That it is Maharrison, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Players those are players or Damny Ray and Barry Church former former safeties here. So the video came out up in Seattle. Brandon Coach was pilot at the top gun in it and uh he took.
Speaker 2: He's sundown Sunday circling.
Speaker 4: Michael Parks, Jerry Jones, Jerry Jones about that video part time, He's like part time pilots.
Speaker 2: Ain't that that? Ain't it? I want to know who they told? Did they tell anybody? Because they know before you went, oh yeah, before you win, because you have to know somebody's will be like, I don't really know about that though. I don't really know what if you want to do it me No, I badly trust the polotic Like I hate flying, Like you said, I hate flying, commercial anything.
Speaker 4: Like that, every every type, every type of play. I'm not a big like any type of plan.
Speaker 2: I heard it, so I can't commercial anything. I hate flying. I hate I hate trip every you know, I hate flying. I hate flying. I hate flying. If I don't drive up to the airport, I'm not hopping to the airplane teammate. I'm not hopping on with my teammate. Now, you wouldn't trust it, Damn, I don't. I want to give up watching here. I'll watch it from down like I'm gonna put your life in mind knowing it. Man, no way.
Speaker 4: So in your time in Jacksonville and here your time here in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Never had the teammates say, let's never known the polo man got a time his hands. Let me go take these hours and take King State. Never had the teammate who flew no. And I'm man from South Douban. We do. I'm not going up in no plane with Hey, guys are doing that?
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm gonna go yeah yeah, Sam willis nothing on.
Speaker 2: These jokes right themselves. Keep bro, you gotta stay back for this one. What they got call? They ain't got me? Say they did? You're talking about me too, Get you all your day to day off, man. Let me tell you, I hate to see it, man, I hate to see it. Man, I ain't getting on no plane. I'm not doing it.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure that uh Gerald Wayne Jones had conversations with players and agents and let everyone else know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, don't play with me like that, I can't do it, man, don't play with it. They like didn't they have been Roethlisberger not able to ride his motorcycle at the wall or something. Back he was in a crash, like can't ride a motorcycle. I know you.
Speaker 4: Depending on the sports there there are certain things that you can't do playing basketball. You know, there's certainly playing basketball, ride motorcycles, jet skim. There's there's certain sports in certain contracts where they do limit what it is you do, which is in some ways, hey one hunt me, okay, can't play pick up basketball, bet cat.
Speaker 2: You on the slopes. But if you're Jerry Jones and you see don't fly your two star defensive players on an airplane, big being your home by your first year wide receivers, I wondered if you even knew that he was a pilot. I mean, I guess this common knowledge if you do have a pilot's license or not. Man, that I would. I was sick when I saw it. I'm like, oh, man, don't don't come on with the heart. Can't take it. Don't do that. Don't do me like that, don't do me thinking thinking start to putting them. Contracts is about to get signed. Oh yeah, no flying flying too much longer though.
Speaker 4: So whenever something like that, things like this. After the TV station, there's always some type of seminar. You know, somebody leave, somebody from thirty Rock come on down there. Somebody mess up on social media. Next thing that we got a training.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we training on that, you.
Speaker 4: Know, like to o conctent. All right, guys, everybody got to come to the room. Somebody come in here from the legal.
Speaker 2: Department, ethics and standards.
Speaker 4: How the dudes and dogs in the contract here? So yeah, so so somebody about have to sit up here and uh, you know, I have to go through that little seminar here about what you can and can't do. People gonna be looking at you. Because we always had a guy man. He always would say something next to m there was another seminar. I'm here at ten thirty on in the morning because you did so and so on something that we got to go through the seminar because you did that. But my first thought I wasn't sick as much as I was just like, why do why put this out on social media?
Speaker 2: Just do it? Why tell everybody you did it? That's the thing that's the new thing. Now, everybody got it. Everybody got everything. I was about the point of these two and say they old school and that's the new way. But YouTube, that's how it is. It is. That is everything on that everybody everything, Come on, man, you you on Twitter? You everything. I still believe there's certain things you know. No, you shouldn't know, you shouldn't, but like it gets done. This is a common thing. Man. Athlete Dude on the Raiders called it. Dude on Instagram. Man, I just I'm not just like it's gonna it's going to continue to be that way. Okay, we got examples, you know, keep it real. Goal, it's just so many examples. Memphis on tap. Let me it wasn't real. It was a light. What a stupid Oh hold on, I'm sorry. Hey man, I saw it on Twitter yesterday. Man, hey, I have Emmy's coming up. Yeah yeah, he know, he did. He his wife is nominated. We're bringing them home. We bring them home with How many is this gonna make for you? If you if I mean, it's not saying that it's in the bag, you still have to win going against the show. No no, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 4: That cowboy the cowboy. Derek Eagleton floor they got, they got little machine. They every every they walk out everywhere something. Every year they walk out with something. I've gone in there went over five with a golden some railrow song. So every Dallas cowboy always leave with something me.
Speaker 2: This is number thirteen. If you get it about that means that mind. He was loving the COVID man he had out on the back of the Yeah. Wow, that's from five right here. Congratulations the redesign of the set. We were gonna put all these enemies behind that. We didn't have enough space. We got get another. We gotta gett another.
Speaker 4: Read it here we're talking about we were talking about mister Cooks. On top of that connection between Cooks and Dak speed kills. Right here on the Playstaune brought to you by Toasteeter's on the Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Danny mcraig, THATLLAS Cowboys alumni player here. What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and whoo me too. These smoothie bowls start with us and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like slice Bananas, sweetberries, Crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only a Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Once you use the cowboys locker rooms favorite products, check out the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black. Right now you can get the Jack Black Playmaker, a curated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites, for.
Speaker 7: Just ten bucks with free shipping.
Speaker 6: The Playmaker includes four Jack Black skincare favorites plus a full sized intense therapy lip bomb. Go to get Jack Black dot com, slash Cowboys and use the code word Cowboys the Jack Black Playmaker, tim bucks free shipping.
Speaker 5: I'm Duk Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home. Blockchain dot com is just a few types of weight put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit.
Speaker 7: Your life for crypto pros, rookies, and.
Speaker 2: Anyone in between.
Speaker 5: Blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trusted by millions, trusted by America's team.
Speaker 8: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: Back to the players Lounge, watch two of Texas best high school football team's face off in the third annual Jerry Jones Classic presented by Waterberger.
Speaker 2: The Rockwall Yellowjackets will take on the Cedar Hill Longhorns on Saturday, August twenty sixth at one pm under the lights at the Ford Center at the Start in Frisco. Get your tickets now at seat geek dot com. You don't want to miss it and you're participating yes, color analysts. Okay, let's do it. Damn, Jimmy's rolling in like competition. Listen, man, I'm the under dogs. Just let me keep doing my thing. You know what I'm saying. Just fight? Well?
Speaker 4: Is that where Jackson Smith and Jamber played.
Speaker 2: That's that's exactly where they played. Yes, okay, so I thought the yellow jackets, but their orange. That's cool. Good luck to him as he had wrist.
Speaker 4: Surgery, had had in the Cowboy game. He ended up almost scoring anywhere, got hurt. So he's got wrist surgery, that's all.
Speaker 2: He got hurt burning what's my guy? I was talking about it in the group chat. As soon as I said that, soon, well, how do I take this text back? We have these androids the group you can remove you you know, we don't. We don't have any androids anymore. I think that was what the confusion was. This is straight up apple man, man, I don't know. Somebody is mine went bluells off, somebody somebody got something broke. I don't know. We don't need to talk about this. I don't know, alight, Oh d mac man l s U is super turned. I didn't realize y'all. Could you watch the swamp things. Yet the swamp came chimps or whatever. They did that whole when they played them in O seven and l s U. I was like, that'll do talking about you going bad? All right, you don't want to come to death Valley. I know that, man, I knew you be there. I was like Florida and LUs this. There's a lot of I'm out of town by five. I'm out of bad rules by I know. It's like that. This is all the record, mad. I invited back down the bad room. I'm going in. I'm going to I've been inviting to twenty ten and I invited again after I saw that, I gotta go. I gotta check out. I will tell you this, man, and you should go.
Speaker 4: It wasn't I could see how lit it could get just being there on the tour, like, okay.
Speaker 2: One of the best college, not just better than that.
Speaker 4: I'll always remember Shaq saying that was when he going to the football game. Was when he decided, yeah, I'm coming out that basketball game. It was the football. It was that lit.
Speaker 2: But I was telling my kid, she loved the campus, she loved the camp. I was like, game day, that's where you want to be Yeah, I ain't realize I've seen that. I was like, man, yeah, I had that game, mank Lot was no parts of it. I'm like, man, what the speaking of the rockets?
Speaker 4: I ain't paying the money Church is Alma matern You probably didn't know this.
Speaker 2: I'll break the news to you.
Speaker 4: You guys are picked to win the West and the back end. Your first game is against Illinois, and they are calling that a potential upset special.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know, we own the big tent over there.
Speaker 4: They want to pay that forty dollars and maybe I don't know if it got raised to forty five or forty two dollars, got a.
Speaker 2: T shirt in the Hall of Fame and gave it. They're playing in They're playing in Illinois, I believe. So okay, So like, tell they get me my money.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I'm just going to go ahead and say yes, because for the most part of power five is not going to a group of five, especially when it's not an in state type deal. So you know, there's there's that's how those things work, sales things work.
Speaker 2: So anyway, good luck, let's go, let's go. Let's talk about that deep ball connection.
Speaker 4: Brandon Cooks brings his speed element that we have not seen in a long time. I asked Mike uh McCarthy Trinkers, when the last time you had a guy like this and he said probably Dante Staltworth when he was the OC down in New Orleans here. So heck, what do you what are you expecting to see from the four to three connection?
Speaker 2: I mean, I love the connection already for what I've been seeing in training camp, and it's what we've needed. That's why we brought on guys last year to try and stretch his defense, stretch defenses because we just didn't have that speed element I need. As much as we're going to talk about Brandon Cooks and what he's going to mean to the wide receiver room, Michael Gallup has to be a part of that as well. He has to be when I'm saying the element to be able to stretch the feel like it's just he has to be able to give that deep ball threat and that's what was in his wheelhouse when he first started. Expected him, with his speed and catch radius to be that deep ball guy. But I love the impact that Cooks is having on CD Lamb. You can already see it. Man, he's the mature It's just something a little bit different about eighty eight. And if it's nothing else, that has been the piece that we needed somebody the veteran leadership to come into the locker room and have an effect on CD Lamb for him to mature from a lot of the things that veteran players like yourself pick him apart on man, he just has to be more consistent. And I want to see Cedd Lamb in this receiving group get off to a fast start. Last season was abysmal. The start that they got off to. We only had a one hundred yard receiver until Week eight. That ain't it, right, And so you expect more from Brandon Cooks and I know that's your guy. I think this is gonna be a really close race for who is our top receiver. I think I think Ceedee Lamb is our best receiver. But when I'm talking about yardage, because me watching yesterday and then hearing what's been coming out of training camp, the speed is different. Right when you watch Tyreek Hill, you can tell the speed is different. All right, when you watch Jamar Chance, you can see the speed different. If you watched the practice yesterday, and you saw the deep ball connection to Brandon Cooks. You saw that the speed is different. Al Harris said, what the speed? The speed is different. Yeah, So I think I think as much as I want to see Gallup get back to being that deep ball thread, a lot of Gallups d balls were fifty to fifty, he was gonna go up and still get them as well. I think Brandon Cooks is gonna be a guy. He's gonna be taking the top off to where you nobody because because Ceedee Lamb is likely going to be getting double team in the slot or on the outside, which is the only reason why I'm saying the competition will be that close, because I think Cede Lamb's gonna get a lot of attention. It's going to open up the deep ball for Brandon Cooks. But I'm I'm excited to watch it.
Speaker 4: That and the other you know, the beneficiaries.
Speaker 2: I talked to Jake Ferguson about it.
Speaker 4: You see some one on one coverage Gallup, It's going to see someone on one coverage here. So as you said, between Cooks and Lamb, you're gonna have to choose. They got to choose between one of the two. But the other guys they should have they should have some good seasons. Now there's there's no reason for them not to eat.
Speaker 2: You were going to get to eat off of the ability.
Speaker 4: And for me that the concern about cooks, and it's just kind of been the concern you've had through his career, just staying healthy, you know, the hamstrings. If he's healthy and ready to go, and and clearly he won't play against the Raiders, I'm excited to see what he what he could do.
Speaker 2: Church. You may want him on your fantasy team. I may pick him up. You know, like you guys said, he can take the top off of defense. And then as a safety, you always got to be aware of who's that guy that can can run past you. And we all understand this guy. His speed is different. So he's gonna open up a lot of things for those guys, like you said. And I think his connection with that can be kind of similar to when Romo had that connection. Remember Laurent Robinson. Then they had that connection for the connection. What I'm not saying he's the same receiver, but they connected on a lot of D balls. When things would break down, he would launch it up. Laurron Robinson was right there eleven TD. So I feel like coachs can have that same type of impact. And like you said to me, this is gonna be a huge year for Gallup because we all understand that with that money and that check, when that, you know, pressure comes with that and if you're not able to win your one on ones, because I feel like the safety is gonna be over top of Cooks, You're gonna see CD Lamb get a lot of double teams. Michael's gonna be one on one and if he's not able to consistently win those one on one battles and that check that's getting written to him, there's gonna be a lot of pressure on him. So it's a huge year to me for Gallup and hopefully he can he can step up with the adjustments that they've made off Robinson. Man, he went back in the archive. That was a huge year for That was a huge He went, he went off that, he went in the red zone, rumbo all over the place, and it was always Robinson. Is he just opening man? You gave him the bag? Jackson, Jackson, he only played like five games. Remember the tackle here was it was just Nick Parnell Jeremy Partnell, who game the band Jacksonville right Behindville was that place for a minute where you was like, man, they're gonna pay you ain't gonna win the state Texas. And then Church went. Then y'all had y'all had a year. Yeah, y'all had Blake Bortles. You know, I don't want to play in the super Bowl. Guy, I got stufft to do going to Italy. Didn't get a refund on his flight.
Speaker 4: Christ Be Jimmy Smith, another Jacksonville that was the Jacksonville guy.
Speaker 7: So that was a.
Speaker 2: Pipeline for a second money pipeline. You won't get paid to tell you, Hey, we already know Jacksonville gonna offer something, so don't even don't take that first offer. Jack go back.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go back to Jerry one last time. Guys back last so you know Jerry got it back. Shots, shots got it bad. Let me get us three quarters?
Speaker 2: Church, it was that closed. Did you even go back to Jerry? You offer? It was Lowers all, I mean it was he did. I looked at him out because once who was the who's a it was a he might still be here the contract guy. Back when I was Adam yeah, a big dude. He came down, sat next to me and was like, yeah, you know, probably some other opportunities out there for you. And I'm like, well that was like week eleven or twelve. I'm like, well I got you on that one. I know where I'm headed, so at least told you a week eleven. Oh yeah, it was early on. He came in the locker room, set down second negotiation. He was like, I have some better than you, but opportunity. So I was like, hey, that's cool, cold game. I forget this. Church got paid. While he was on the damn scooter. They let me hear that for the school came in there on the man hair was I mean, I had I was going by, so I had the sides going. I was just feared I was looking crazy. Probably weigh one hundred and eighty pounds. Hey man, y'all make sure y'all you know, y'all make sure y'all lean on church, because you know, people get they feel like they got forgotten about when they get injured like that. And then we see the contract roll across the screen said he needs to make it clean it up. What you mean just looking at the how you.
Speaker 4: Rolling y'all, y'all after practice, rolling the hating.
Speaker 2: That's how you do it, man, just me, He shout out to Sam her Sam heard out to he he's out man on one of my Facebook friends. I liked. I like Sam. I don't go to his out. I like talking to him in a while. You know, hey, man, did you write them this face friends? Did you write them we Facebook friends? On social media? I think that I think that costs the time to have my space was back of the day. That's not in prison that got social media. I hadn't seen them. I don't know watch TV a little bit yet. You see it. Man, You're not Reality World. I'm not. I don't know what I got to do it about that? Man. I like just man, I like Sam. I like Sam. Hopefully Sam is ready to go. And you know, for Bro, need come talk to the team. They did do that. He was before he went down here, brot oh, we ain't talking about my kicker? Is still my situation for me?
Speaker 4: And and Mike Clarence Hill tried to press McCarthy on at the bottom. You know, should you probably tried instead of going for it or fourth down kick a field goal? And and Mike is still the belief that that Brandon Aubery's is gonna be okay, so.
Speaker 2: Hopefully get some kicks the Raider game.
Speaker 4: But at this point in time, it's trending like this is going to be your kicker a.
Speaker 2: Football who hold, don't come down Robe still on the street man, what Okay? So the thing I heard about Robbie Gold is he doesn't want to kick up to like visit fifty five yards or something crazy like that. He doesn't won't do kickoffs, and he don't want won't attempt long field goals. That's just the rumor that I hear anything over Yeah, exactly. So he doesn't want to. So you're going to have to have a kickoff guy, which we I believe we have Aubrey for that, and so we're just trying to figure out. Obviously I would have to see that check me on just because I like, and this was a while ago, but I know Robbie Gold personally and I know him to be a team player. Versus I'm sorry to want to tell you that. Nobody want to tell me that. Who told you that? You want to tell you that? I wanted to tell me that. Listen, he feeling really good about itself, and that's what he got, those types of stimulations as a kicker. All right, I want to kick this far and I don't want to kick off, and I want to get paid top dollar. Since you has a friend I know, I said, I said, I know him personally. What you did? I know about his personally as new he knows Sam Facebook. Yeah, so it's not Look actually I actually got a cell phone them, but I could text him, but I ain't gonna. You know, that's not my job. That's tampering. No tampering, that's right on the street. So Brandon Aubrey, for me, that's that's a question mark.
Speaker 4: And Clarence impressed him about doing it in the NFL game because Mike was you know, he's kicked before and he talked about the USFL. I'm trying to I think Clarence makes it. That was in front of nobody. Man, Yes, the last SFL game you went to.
Speaker 2: This has been a hard show. Show be hard on some guys.
Speaker 4: But Mike has got this belief that in Brandon Aubrey. So I don't you know, I I just think this is a big deal.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of believing it is. It's a lot of hope shot. We hope her shot. My new basketball coming in two weeks from now, So get ready. I got a fresh bat. I'm gonna try it out on you, you know, right, But what about your your your starters? H week? This this the last preseason game? Do you care? No? No, they're not playing okay, listen, just playing their starters and Rogers out there, yeah, Kansas City playing their starters. Yeah, Aaron Rodgers just got there. All right, there's all new year. He needs to make off coordinator backing them and hanging out, you know, at the crib. You know what I'm saying. Jamn Towe have been over there. They flying together, you know, like they got a connection. They could. They're good. Now, I don't want to see a play bro that got an injury of injury history.
Speaker 4: So mister Jones said that he believes in Mike McCarthy and Mike McCarthy's thought processing.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get to December, if anything.
Speaker 4: Watching Overshown go down and Stevens go down mid even more reason why you don't want to play anybody against the Rapers.
Speaker 2: They're just not gonna do it.
Speaker 4: They're not gonna do so, so we'll walk in Sunday Night football, be some rest hope, hopefully first quarter keep tight.
Speaker 2: But man, Dan Jones been out there. I'm just saying, Aaron Waller been out there. I can't wait to make said that they are Super Bowl contendent. He said the Giants got a better office than the Cowboys about all that said that, yeah, I don't know about all that. Yeah, but I think they're gonna be all right. I think they're gonna be like this year, you're gonna all right, like no, alright, like what all right? Like they got a chance to make the playoffs, and then they're gonna be in second in this division too. I'm just saying, I won't know, save it no saving for your saving for your picks, saving for your pick second, saving for your chance. Man, you dropped this bomb at the right time, at the right time. They change. You hit this one at the right time right and for forty four you're three. You figured it out. Gotta long enough, we gotta go. You gotta go too, getting getting getting it.
Speaker 4: So for Danny McCrae, heeck Mayor is a very church new he strugs, thank you, Chris Bean Jazz, everybody who's always been a part of this program, Big Will and uh, we'll talk to you.
Speaker 2: Friday, Friday, Friday again Friday, and this tell you more about it. Took Man, you don't believe that the cat. Don't let this down. Why a y'all doing this?
Speaker 1: Wo This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.