Speaker 1: Look out, there's only films to be buried with. Hello, and welcome to films to be buried with. My name is Brett Colstein. I'm a comedian, an actor, a writer, a director at a windmill, and I love films. As Grace Bonny once said, your joy is your greatest rebellion, which should have been Marlon Brando's answer in the World One instead of the much more vague what have you got? Really good point, Grace, Thank you for sharing. Every week I'm bu a special guest over. I tell them they've died, then I get them to discuss their life through films that meant that most of them. Previous guests include Barry Jenkins, Kevin Smith, Sharon Stone, and even Z Campbells. But this week we have the brilliant actor, comedian, and singer and now author Josh Gadd. All episodes of Shrinking season two and season one are now available on Apple TV. Get caught up on all of them before everyone spoils them for you. You will fucking love them. Head over to the Patreon at patreon dot com forward slash Brett Goldstein for the extra twenty minutes with Josh. We talk secrets, We talk beginnings and endings. You get the whole episode uncart Adfrey, and there's a video. Check it out over at patreon dot com. Forward slash. Brett Goldstein so Josh gadd. You might know him as the voice of Olaf from Disney's Frozen. He was Elder Cunningham in the Book of Mormon, and he recently starred on Broadway in Guttenburg. He's got a new book out called in Gad. We trust you know and love him from so many things. He's fucking brilliant. I've never met him before. We recorded The sun Zoom a couple of weeks ago and he was Sacha fucking delight. You really are going to love this one. So that is it for now. I very much hope you enjoy episode three hundred and thirty three of Films to be Buried With. Hello, I'm very excited. Oh hello, Welcome to Films to be Buried With. It is me Brett Goldstein, and I am joined today by a Mormoner, a snow man, a beauty and the Beast, a Central Park creator is soon to be hit director, a Frozener, a Guttenburger, a hero, a tree falling in the Woods a legend. I can't believe he's here. You can't believe it either, but I promise he is. Please, welcome to the show. It's the amazing, It's just good.
Speaker 2: Now. How do I cheer for myself? You've you've really given like you've done such an unbelievable job of setting me up. If there's nobody else here, So do I just start cheering?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You do the cheer? Yes, I love that.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 1: I sound great. I sound so good. I'd like to meet this guy. He sounds cool.
Speaker 2: Some of these credits are better than the actual films themselves.
Speaker 1: And I missed out loads. I mean there was loads to do. Josh Guy's pleasure to meet you. We've never met before. Thank you for doing this. Oh how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great. I'm such a big fan of yours. I get invited to do a lot of podcasts, and I usually don't do them because now everybody's got a podcast I wasn't. I'm not sure if you're aware of that, but when your name came up, I said yes, yes, immediately.
Speaker 1: I said it. That's nice. Thanks.
Speaker 2: You are a your certifiable genius, your genius act, your genius writer.
Speaker 1: Jesunds like a genius.
Speaker 2: I want you to shaving himself on this sounds cool. You've kept a lot of people in my home very happy, including this guy, so thank you.
Speaker 1: Well. You've kept a lot of people in my world, in my family, very very very happy. And I and I was thinking, I find it weird when I talk to people who's thinking about like when you do a musical thing that's very special to people, it is weird how often your voice has been in my head? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, because you can actually like listen to that outside of the movie itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And like luc of Mormon was like, what, it's like one of my favorite sound I've listened to it. Thank you man so much. And you're so fucking good in it. And then and then you go off and do Frozen. I mean it, don't stop with you do it.
Speaker 2: I love this you You're almost sounding like I do when I try to do a British accent. I will kind of love it. That's very sweet of you. I'm going through it now in my house. We're It's wicked, endlessly playing again and again. And I'm very good friends with Cynthia and with Arianna incredible, and I'm like, I now understand where I'm like, yeah, this is what happens, like this becomes. It starts off really cool and then you're like, can we listen to anything else? In your kids are like no, we cannot.
Speaker 1: No, that's it. I wanted to ask you so many things. One of them is, you made this show Central Park, which is the hardest thing anyone could do. I loved it so much. It's still going no finished.
Speaker 2: No. Unlike you and Ted Lasso, we did three seasons, but they decided that that's it. They don't want anymore.
Speaker 1: We had the opposite with that and thought, my god, no animated it's the hardest thing you can do. It's a fucking music. It's a full musical every week. How the hell do you do it? It's a musical. No, I'm so so proud of it.
Speaker 2: That was the challenge, the conceit, the desire to do it was can you actually and successfully create a real musical over the course of sixty episodes that every song, No song feels like filler, every song feels earned. I teamed up with the creator of Bob's Burger's Learn Bischard, and we did it, and like, the key was the secret sauce was that we got every episode we had different artists come in and play with us. So you had like Cyndi Lauper, and you had Y Cleft, and you had like Big Boy. Like every episode Danny Elfman, we just had this amazing group of outside musical influencers, brilliant composers come in and just screw around and it was heaven. And the soundtrack is just it's unbelievable. Past was unbelievable. I'd invite you to come and be on the show, but there is no show anymore.
Speaker 1: Brett. I'm devastated. But I also like, whenever I watched it, I was like, this is so hard. I wondered if when it ended you thought thank god.
Speaker 2: A part of me was like, yeah, this is it's time. This became really really tough. But we had fun. It was really fun. And I mean just having like Catherine Hahn and Stanley Tucci, Titus Burgess, Kristen Bell. You know, it was unbelievable. To the digs, we were very, very very lucky.
Speaker 1: Okay, next question for you about your musical and broadway career. You've just done it, which I haven't seen yet unless it's finished. Has it finished Gutenberg, you would have to have a time machine. At this point, Kapinos said, to haven't unlike Central Park, which you can.
Speaker 2: And also I forgot to mention Emmy River Lampman, who's incredible on that show. We finished Gutenberg last January and it was incredible. It ran for five months, which was the intention. They wanted to extend it, and I said absolutely not, primarily because I don't think I could have survived another week doing that show. But you know that's my it's my brother Andrew Reynolds. We you know, did Mormon together.
Speaker 1: How long did you do morement together?
Speaker 2: So I was involved with Mormon from the beginning. So we started workshopping at Brett in say two thousand and nine or two thousand, somewhere around like two thousand and eight. I write about this in my book and yet I can't remember it. Somewhere around like two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight, we started workshopping at and every time we did it we couldn't find the right elder price. And we finally come to we're gonna we know we're gonna go to Broadway. We're looking for the guy and in walks his kid from Nebraska, Andrew Rynolds.
Speaker 1: Wow, and he was just it.
Speaker 2: And he and I did the show together about a year and a half and then both left around the same time. So we've been looking a year and a half, so we'd been looking to do something together. Ten years later, this you know, incredibly insane show falls into our lap, Gutenberg Musical, and it was tremendous. I mean it was. We just had the time of our lives.
Speaker 1: I imagine because I went to see bo a moment early, like fairly early, like in the the first few months of it or whatever, and genuinely, and I say this in the bottom of my heart, it was the most joy I love.
Speaker 2: It if you were like, it was the biggest piece of shit ever in my life.
Speaker 1: And it was like the level of joy in the room I'd never seen anything like it. I was like, holy shit, Like the energy in the audience was like it was because obviously I do stand up, but I've never had no audios react like this. It was the feeling of the subtext of the audience was we're happy, yeah, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was it was And it was also how the fuck did they get away with this, which I kept asking myself. I was certain the show was going to fail. There was no part of me that thought that there would be an audience of theater patrons who would actually legitimize what we were doing on that stage. There was no part of me that could imagine a decade plus later Horus being like, oh, I want to go to the show where they talk about fucking frogs, and like, not a single ounce of me thought it would last more than three months. I was just a die hard Tray and Mat fan. South Park was my jam still is, and the idea of working with those guys, with Bobby Lopez, who had created the music for Avenue Q, I was like, yeah, it's just gonna be fun. We're just gonna have fun. People are gonna be like this is insane, but but like I've never laughed harder. And then it'll close and then like all of a sudden, the show is becomes cats and you're like, what, wait.
Speaker 1: What's no you mentioned it?
Speaker 2: I'm like, it is weird, it's wild, it's wild.
Speaker 1: And my question for you from Gudberg, I was fascinated by people who do long term the theater. The theater is the way we say that you did a year and a half and I and I know from being in the room, the energy, the joy, it must have been incredible. Was any part in that year and a half where you were like, fucking know, how do I keep doing this? Like? How do you keep it fresh? Or not get bored of?
Speaker 2: There's a reason I didn't come back to Broadway for a decade. Right by the let's say, nine month mark, I was done. I was leaving my body. I just was thinking about anything but what was happening on stage. I would fucking forget lines that I had done thousands of times because I was just like I was in two places at once. I was in like the literal space and the metaphorical like space of what am I doing tonight? And you just, like anything, it just becomes rote. But you know, I was actually thinking about this yesterday some reason. I actually we were on a text chain all the Mormon casts still after all these years, and I realized that like three people are still doing the show that I have been doing it since we opened, and I I tried to like poop myself of that, and I was like, I can't believe that I was complaining after nine months, and these guys have been doing the same show for fifteen years. Oh my god, that fifteen years they've been doing this show. That's unreal. God, bless I don't that's god. I'm too I'm too adhd. I can't like I'd be like, no, no way, no no. That's why I was like, five months, wait, let's.
Speaker 1: Do that now. I read Andrew's book that he did last year. Was it You can criticize it if you want to. No, I it charming. I found it charming and funny. And now you you've written your own book. I guess because you're too a competitive you like it. Yeah, I got jealous.
Speaker 2: I was like, I've got a computer. I can I know how to do words, I can write sentences. So I'm just all I need to do is convince a publisher. And I and I somehow bamboozled you. Look I hate yeah, worry they You know it's this idiot can do it where it's me, where a team let me do it. And it's been a you know, it's been an amazing journey. It's sort of equated to therapy in front of a mirror. If that makes sense.
Speaker 1: It does. Yeah, I just I'm like, oh.
Speaker 2: I just discovered this about myself and I don't even need to pay my therapist right now. A lot of interesting insights like that I didn't know I knew about myself, a lot of interesting sort of like memory holes that I guess I've forgot about, and then like shaking loose some of those memories, and also like going back to the scene of the crime, and just like talking with my parents and talking with like friends and like, wait, this happened this way right. It was fascinating. It was a fascinating journey. And you know, I I sort of wanted I've always wanted to write something, but I wanted to have a purpose. And you know what I sort of realized, like the totality of my life has been is that I always fall into this like position where everyone, including myself, doubts me at times, and I pivot to this place of challenging myself to do things I don't think I'm capable of. And I want others to embrace that sense of self ownership and self respect because I think it's like it's valuable and important, and a lot of times I think that we settle, we don't push ourselves to like challenge ourselves to take risks, to take chances, take leaps in life. And the most success I've had in life is just like rolling the dice and being like, I'm not going to do the status quo. I'm going to do this weird ass Broadway musical instead of Modern Family, which I was invited to do. And so I was like, It's always been that way for me. It's always been like, let me just I know, I feel like I'm touching fire, but maybe it's good.
Speaker 1: Wow, you and you didn't figure this out until you write the book that that's what you did.
Speaker 2: I really didn't. I really didn't. I never self reflect. I'm always sort of like moving forward not looking back. Part of it is because I'm like so anxiety prone that like anytime I look back, I fear what I might see. So this has been a great discussion about movies that I want to be buried with. I don't want I don't want to get there. I'm actually my biggest fear is death. So the whole premise of this podcast just it is like one big existential nightmare.
Speaker 1: If that's going to come about.
Speaker 2: I really it didn't occur to me. Brett until I fully sat down and embraced all of it. That that is the theme, right, that that's sort of like the summation of this journey that I've had, and you know whatever, that's worth a reader. It's I don't ever ever think to myself, oh, everybody should read about me. I actually in the opposite, I'm like, what the fuck am I doing? Why am I publishing a book? Oh my god? What an embarrassment. But if I can even help like one or two people who read the book and go holy shit, like that's a worthwhile lesson, great, I will have done my job.
Speaker 1: It's all sharing in it. It's all sharing stuff. There's the whole thing of I think it's Alan Bennett. This is the highest thing about a book, And he said the best. I fucking can't remember word for word, but the quote is like when you read a book from like one hundred and fifty years ago and you relate to it, it is like a hand reaching out from the past to shake yours. And I think that's a really beautiful way of looking at it. I think these things are important.
Speaker 2: Even if you did butcher that quote, which I expect you did, Yeah, oh I did. I will tell you the premise of that philosophy is beautiful. Like that is a that is a profound I think it's part of why I'm obsessed with history. I'm actually like, I haven't I go to sleep that night listening to history podcasts because I really take comfort in the past reaching out. So I really do find that to be a very valid idea of like what And by the way, I think that too speaks to what we do for a living, Like I always sort of am like in a state of shocking disbelief that like I'm a part of this tradition right where I think about like my grandparents saw Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in a movie theater as kids. My mother saw snow White and the Seven Dwarves in a movie theater A decade of decades later, I saw snow White. Decades after that, my kids have grown up with snow White, and like being a part of that legacy with Frozen and knowing that that movie potentially will outlive me or you, being a part of a show that is already in the lexicon of greatest shows ever made. Those are the things And that's the other element of my book that I talk about is I've I've never chased a career. I've always chased a legacy. I'm so afraid of death that I hope I mean something after I'm gone, and that's the real fear. And so it's like for me, it's and it's why I kind of love the subject of this podcast is, well, what is the legacy? What is the legacy of these things?
Speaker 1: Books?
Speaker 2: Movies, your life?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: What Napoleon, Jesus, Gandhi? You know, these are people who made such indelible marks that thousands of years on, dozens of years on, whatever it may be, we're still writing books about them, We're still talking about them, we're still sharing those stories. And I think that that's so beautiful that humanity can have such an impact that we can we can drive these things that Homer and the fucking Odyssey is something that like I still come back to and go, this is a masterpiece, and like, what can I learn from this? What can I do with this? And how was this guy such a genius that he could write something that is as profound and meaningful in twenty twenty four as it was the day he showed Friend a copy of the Iliad. Okay read this isn't any good. This is incredible that. That is an incredible sentiment. I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I had forgotten to tell you something, and as you were talking about legacy, it occurred to me like, oh fuck, I should have told him this earlier. But you you've died. You're dead.
Speaker 2: I'm dead now. Yeah, this is a weird way to sort of find out on a podcast. Is a tough way to learn that.
Speaker 1: As you say, everyone has a podcast now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like this was always inevitable that I would find out about my own death on a podcast. Ye, but okay, all right? Also, way to bury the lead?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Wait to bury the lead?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Fucking mad? Isn't it talk about a compliment? Sandwich? Damn it? All right? How did you die?
Speaker 2: Well, buddy, you should ask may I have involved eating and driving? Now, I will tell you that I'm not proud of this, and I will tell you that the sandwich was delicious with it, but the accident could have been avoided.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: It's sort of a defending your life way to go kind of really sort of sad and pathetic, but hopefully the beginning of self discovery and the next part of afterlife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what it was like long, like it covered your eyes, you were racing, or you were reaching for it, or you just spilt a bit.
Speaker 2: Wif that part of it is none of your goddamn business. What I was eating, I'll take to my grave kind of embarrassment out of self respect. Yeah, just know that it was delicious, It was great. It was nothing any of those weight loss drugs couldn't have helped with after the fact.
Speaker 1: It just was what it was, right.
Speaker 2: But for that truck that I never saw coming because I was looking down Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you do worry about death. You worry about death on the daily, all the time, all the time. Way.
Speaker 2: I vividly remember this starting when I was like maybe six, and I woke up one night and I like recognized in real time mortality and was like, wait, this won't last forever. It's like the sheer act of opening my eyes will end. And my heart started to race. I started to get like physically ill, and like started to genuinely fear the unknown. I remember to the point that like I didn't like there was a period where I would only sleep in my mom's bed. I was so scared. It was probably a byproduct of a couple of things. My parents got divorced when I was like five years old, so like nothing has forever started to become like a yeah, a mantra. We had an incredible caretaker who was a part of our lives named Nellie. She died suddenly, and my dad, who's got a real fucking way with words. I remember like sitting on my mom's bed one night, this was after the divorce, and my mom and I was like saying, like, so, I'm never gonna see Nellie again, And my mom was handling it like as you should, being like, well, we don't know. And then my dad gets on the phone and he's like, no, she's gone, She's dead. You're not gonna see her again, And I was like, oh no, So like it was. I think that was my first real, like again existential crisis where I just I didn't know what I didn't know, and that scared the life out of me. And I remember like talking to therapists about it, and like, you know, I think it made me a hypochondriac. It is like a real genuine thing. I've since sort of like come to more peace with it. I'm much more worried now that I have kids, and I'm sure this is like a common thing, like about their health and safety over my health and safety, but I still dread it. I still fear it. We just lost my father in law suddenly, thank you man.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And you know, the thing that always fascinates me about death is a lot of times it just happens in silence, and there's no score that accompanies it. There's no you know what I mean by that is like there you know, there's there's no there's nobody there. A lot of times there's nobody with you. There's nobody to memorialize the moment it just happens. And it's the smallness of that that I think I fear so much, right, Like it's the it's the quietude of it.
Speaker 1: It's the just.
Speaker 2: No standing over. Yeah, that's uh, that's tough. Like that's the especially like when your entire life is one of giving to others. I think a part of why we do what we do is because we're so scared of being alone with our elves. And like that is my fear that it'll happen just like in the quietest of ways, and I'll never see it coming, and then it'll be over and I think that that's the part that I struggle with.
Speaker 1: Well, luckily for you, it will be a very very very noisy, huge car wreck with a truck, so it won't be quiet. Don't need to worry about that.
Speaker 2: No, that's like.
Speaker 1: And how do you survived?
Speaker 2: The good news is that And it'll be gnarmally getting my body out of that mess. And it'll be like a Mama cast situation with like a fucking such lodge down my throat, like tough the images because she didn't they didn't have TMS back then, the images are going to be fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm glad I could Tom Sawyer this bad Boy with you and look back on the scene of the crime. Thank you.
Speaker 1: What do you think happens after you die? Do you think that's enough today?
Speaker 2: What do I want to happen? Or what do I think?
Speaker 1: What do you think happens?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, I've always been a cynic when I think when it comes to life after death, The sort of like practical side of me is like there's nothing, it's just it's the sopranos. But I have had weird experiences after losing certain people in my life that I cannot explain. I've tried, and I take comfort in science, right, and I take comfort and the idea that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. And I think that that holds true for whatever we are, right, not what we know ourselves to be or think ourselves to be, but what we don't know.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I've had some really really eye opening experiences that I can't explain that at least give me solace and leave the door open that maybe I'm not as smart as I think I am, and maybe I don't know what I don't know, and I'm open to that. And I'm also like, completely cool if it's just it's done.
Speaker 1: This may be two past, so I completely understand. But is there any of those experiences you would be willing to share?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was. I've never shared this story before, thank you. So this is one of the weirder ones. We had a real tragedy a couple of years back that I haven't spoken much about, where I lost my nephew. Suddenly.
Speaker 1: I'm very sorry, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. This is a real fucked up podcast you run here. This is just a real depressing joint you got going here, right, Chips, this is tough. This is why everyone does Joe Rogan instead of whatever the fuck is happening here? So I was stunned, to say the least. It was very sudden, it was brutal. His name was Mark, beautiful soul, had this incredibly bright future out of him, and then it all stopped. I had been given the name of a psychic whose name I won't mention out of respect for this person along. But you know, a while before this all happened, I had had a reading with her and it was very interesting. It was it color me skeptical, but I wanted to have the experience because others have to have the experience. And said it's really life changing, and I was like, okay, I didn't find it to be life changing. I didn't find it. I thought it was interesting. So when Marco died, she reached out to me and she said, I'm very sorry about your loss. I want you to know he's still with you, and I want you to look for a sign from a bird. And I was deeply offended by this. I thought it was manipulative. I thought it was frankly fucked up, because like, you can find meaning in a bird shitting on you, and that that's sort of like, oh, okay, there you go, I guess so I was like, out of sight, out of mind. I didn't like that. A week later, two weeks later, we're in New Zealand and we're I'm shooting a project called Wolf Like Me. And a couple of weeks before I start shooting, I decide I'm going to take my wife and her family and go to New Zealand along with my family so we can all decompress. We're staying at this beautiful lodge and we're having breakfast on this veranda one day and there's this giant window and as we're sitting there, all of a sudden, I hear a loud thud against the window. My youngest daughter is he starts crying and screaming and says, oh my god, a bird just flew into the window. Is it hurt? Is it hurt? And almost like, I'm sure it's not hurt, Sure it's fine. So my girls and I walk outside. We're accompanied by a gentleman who works there at the lodge, and he picks up the bird and he says, you know, it's okay, it's just stunned, and the bird stares at at my daughters and I and we're just sort of comforting it. And about two minutes in, some very weird happens. This bird sits up and all of a sudden, it flies on to the shoulder of my youngest just kind of stares into her eyes. Then it flies to Ava and it just takes her in and literally Brett just like looks into her eyes, like looks into her soul. And then it flies onto me and does the same thing. And this happens with the family with all four of us, me, my daughter's, my wife, stares into my eyes, stares into her eyes. It then goes back onto the guy who was helping it come to and almost like it woke up from a daze, it became a bird again, flew off and I'm like, that was really strange. He goes, I have never seen that happen before. This other guy comes up to us, who works at this lodge, and he goes, you know, I have never seen that. I've worked here for thirty years, and that species is a very rare species of bird that we never see. I believe it's called a silver eye, and you don't find them here. In my thirty years of being here, I've maybe seen them twice. They're very elusive and they have no interactions with people. And he was talking about some sort of mythology about the bird, which I'm not going to bore your listeners with, but he goes, that was the strangest thing I've ever seen happen. And the truth is it is probably coincidence. But the reality is, I cannot tell you how much comfort I took from that experience. I cannot tell you how much comfort my kids took from that experience. About a year later, my brother in law, whose son is the one who died, was staying at our house and he would grill, and every day a hummingbird would fly up to him and just be by his side. I take comfort in it. I probably just birds being birds, but man, was it full of enough possibility that it put my heart at ease a little bit. And I thought it was beautiful. And I'm so grateful for this person reaching out to me and telling me this and for the experience that I had, because I do like to think that like his energy's still out there and that this was one way of celebrating it. Another very weird thing is my grandfather always used to say this phrase I love you. I love you. I love you very well. If I had a peanut, i'd give you the shell. Every time I walk everywhere, I will find one solitary peanut shell, one just waiting for me my same with my mom, same with my brothers. It is the weirdest thing. Cannot explain it. And it's always when we're in need of something. So I've had experiences that I can't explain and and I'm not looking to prove. I just see them as experiences and go maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: Not wow, wow, man, I mean I think we should end it there. No, I think that's so beautiful. And also it's stuff like that and what you took from it that I'm always like, well, there's there's the truth. Like I'm like, there is a heaven. There is a heaven, and you're going to it. You're going into it sounds so don't worry about it. And heaven is filled with your favorite thing. What's your favorite thing?
Speaker 2: That's that sandwich that I had the day that I uh, well, that I die.
Speaker 1: Or anything that killed you all right is filled with footlong.
Speaker 2: Never told you the type of sale much, man, Listen, I never told you the type of.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I didn't know they made two foot.
Speaker 2: Uh you know what, you know what heaven is. Heaven is my kids, it's my family, it's my it's the joy of what I get to do. It's wait, you know, I don't want I don't want you to tell because I don't want to go on a bull like we're not doing like a fucking afterlife special here. But I'm curious if you've had experiences I have.
Speaker 1: Yes, great, I have. I'm I'm molin.
Speaker 2: I think, I think I'm leaning all in. I think I I love that I've come to this place from a place of cynicism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did too, because I didn't.
Speaker 2: Want to believe. And I'm like, oh shit, there's like some weird stuff in this universe that don't I can't explain it. I like that, Like I like that I can't explain it.
Speaker 1: I sort of think on the simplest level, but I speak because I used to be like hardcore, your cynical, but then things started happening. And also the ship when people say, well, you know, if you prove it, then prove it. And I sometimes sort of want to go look at the sun, like what like look at a sunset and then tell me prove it. I go, like, it's fucking magic. I don't know, like that is beyond you can say, well it's this and this and this, Well, why does it feel profound if it's just stuff that? Yeah? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is it. The beauty of life is the evidence of itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sort of thing that. Anyway, you're going to heaven. Thank you for sharing that story. That's really really, really beautiful, and I'm very sorry for your lost Thank you. In heaven, everyone is very excited see you. But your kids are there. There's foot long sandwages everywhere and none of them will kill you. It's really nice. Thank you, and everyone want to see but they want to talk about your life through philm And the first thing they.
Speaker 2: Asked, I love that everyone, and I love that. Everyone in heaven is like, we just have won it. We've been waiting, so we should just talk about film.
Speaker 1: Well, they're like, we read your we read your memoirs. There's very little tools of films, you'd say, because they get it. There's like a publisher that does it up there too, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, and they you know, it's a handreading from the Afterlife to life when they read your book. But they read it, Okay, it's a great book, but I do wish he talked more about cinema visits.
Speaker 2: So they're like critics critics in Heaven. They've got like okay, they're like it's great, but there's just some ship that I think you.
Speaker 1: Could have done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. They've also read Andrew's book and they're comparing it to that.
Speaker 1: Andrew talks a lot more about films we've seen, and the first thing they want to know is, why is the first film you remember seeing?
Speaker 2: Josh kad This is a question that haunts me because I don't have that. As much as I want to tell you, anything I tell you is fuzzy. So let me tell you the first few I remember seeing. I remember seeing The Wizard of Oz, I remember seeing the Karate Kid. I remember seeing The Goonies. I remember seeing a movie called The Great Mouse Detective, and I remember seeing Back to the Future. Now my first vivid memory in a movie theater is weird. I remember we went to go see my We were visiting my mom one day at work and my brother's like, we're gonna go see Karate Kid in the theater and I'm like, no, I've seen the Karate Kid a bunch of times. It's like, no, it's karate Kid two. And I didn't understand the concept of a sequel, and I was super pissed because I was like, if we're going to the movies, I want to see a new movie. He's like, you fucking idiot, it is a new movie. And then we go and I don't know if you remember the beginning of karate Kid two, but it's literally a recap of karate Kid one. And I remember sitting in the theater being like, what the fuck they took all the best parts and just edited them together. What is this garbage? I was so angry. And then I remember my mind being blown because all of a sudden, like it's moments after Daniel beats Johnny and they're in like the bathroom and like, I'm like, wait, wait, this was never in Karate Kid. And I remember my mind being blown that there were further adventures of Daniel Lorusso mister Miagi, and I was like, this is dope, this is incredible stories. Can continue keep doing this for the rest of my life? In Hollywood, listen, they're like we're gonna if you like this, just wait, We're only gonna do this.
Speaker 1: Fuck, it's all your fault in it. It's all your fault to one survey when you left the cinema. Yeah, just what, We're of the same forever.
Speaker 2: Please, it's such a bummer. But like that's when, like then, all of a sudden, I remember every movie I saw, so I like I remember sitting in the theater. I can vividly remember the experiences of watching movies like look Who's talking? Look Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade. I remember seeing Back to the Future and then that to be continued on the screen, and then they gave you a little clip of what Back to the Future three was going to look like Howard the Duck. Like these were movies I would go every week. I just wanted to consume film.
Speaker 1: It does make you think, with the passion you're speaking about and the memories you have, very weird that you didn't write solely about this in your memoirs. But that's fine. That is why we're doing Oh wow totally.
Speaker 2: It hasn't even read it and already super critical of it.
Speaker 1: What is the film that scared you the most?
Speaker 2: Do you like being scared, Josh kad fuck dude, vividly remember this one four years old, my brother and his friends, our garage was converted into a den and I walk in and there's a bus. I'll never forget this, and the bus is like driving through like this other world like hell like environment. And that was my first time I ever saw Freddy Krueger and Nightmare on Elm Street. They have rented it. That movie fucked me up so hard being four years old and walking in on that movie. And then similarly, my brothers and their friends watched Little Shop of Horrors. Between that plant and that Nightmare, Edward Scissorhands, fucker, I was messed up. I was like, but then I craved more of it, right like. So you know, my best friend Seth Gable and I as kids, I remember we rented all six or at the time, all five Nightmare on Elm Street movies, even the movie The People Under the Stairs. I don't know if you remember that, Jim. Yeah, there was that crazy weird movie The Gate where the kid has like an eyeball in his hand and he like has to stab it with like a glass yard and I would as terrified as I was I wanted more?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it. Oh, I get it?
Speaker 2: So yeah. I definitely like Chasing the Scares?
Speaker 1: What a about crying? What's the film made you cry? Am?
Speaker 2: I see you a crier? A big time? But two movies stand out to me. Ordinary People, Mmm, good movie in terms of endearment. Ordinary People is incredible. And there was another movie that fucked me up so hard called My Life. Do you remember My Life?
Speaker 1: With Michael Keay and then Nick Nicole Kimmen while he's making videos because he's dying, he's making videos for his day.
Speaker 2: That movie is not okay. That is a not okay thing to do as a movie. Like the whole premise of the movie is is this podcast? It's the conceit of this podcast, which is you're gonna die, you know how you're gonna die, and when you're gonna die, and you're making a movie for your kid who's never going to get to fucking meet you. Yeah, not okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the guy who wrote Ghost I think directed.
Speaker 2: That with the guy who played Beetlejuice correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, obsessed with death, obsessed with death.
Speaker 2: I'm always fascinated by those like writer directors who you like home run after home run and then just quietly peace out, like what's his name? Who did Field of Dreams? And Sneakers an unbelievable movie two Bangers Bangers. Sneakers is one of the most underrated movies I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Degree Sneakers is one of them films that I think of like School of Rock, where Sneakers looks like a lot of films. You've seen that type of film, but it is so perfect you realize that that type of film is to do. That's it until you see Sneakers.
Speaker 2: It is like it's a It's an even better version of Ocean's eleven, like really, like it's like it's like the original mission impossible. Like it's just fucking great and a great.
Speaker 1: Cast, charming and funny.
Speaker 2: Oh we should do it. Let's do a remake of Sneakers. Okay, this is it. Okay, this is where it was born, is where the idea was born. Here post my death.
Speaker 1: After he died, then made it the boot it was. It was just it was sort of Bernie Sneakers, like yeah, dead for the whole but really, but it's president. You can feel it. Yeah, he's still charismatic. He was incredibly charismatic.
Speaker 2: He's actually at his most care He was his most charismatic with a little formaldehyde in his body. That's when he really came to life finally. Yeah, really big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like really scary. They stare, they were scary, but mesmeric.
Speaker 2: In depth in in death. That actor's eyes finally came to life. It's going to be the starting quote of New York Times. Yeah, it's great. Love it.
Speaker 1: What is the film that you love? It is not critically acclaimed, but you love it unconditionally.
Speaker 2: Where do I even start? That is such a good question, because they're so fucking many. Well, The Doonies is not a critically beloved film. I would call it a perfect film. I absolutely love The Goonies. I think that Indiana Jones in the Temple of Doom is a unbelievably weird and beautiful film. It's got plenty of flaws, but it is just weird, and I love that he lives into the dark weirdness. There is a movie that so I'm an ambulan kid, like I imagine in many ways you were brought up and I think that in many ways Steven Spielberg raised me. And there's a movie that I think is his like opus that nobody talks about. And it's a movie called The Empire of the Sun. And this movie is really famous because you know, it was an unbelievable young actor who would later go on to play Batman, an American psycho by the name of Christian Bale. Incredible performances by John Malkovich, one of the most unbelievable scores by John Williams, with this haunting sort of like a chorl kind of it's like he was doing what Hans Zimmer does for a living now, like in this film. And there was just something speaking of haunting about the movie that just haunted me as a child, like it's the story of this boy who separated from his parents. Are there British expats living in Japan or China rather during the occupation And it's just incredible. I watched that film again and again as a child and come back to it now and I'm like, how is this film not more revered.
Speaker 1: It's got a bit in it that has haunted me forever where he says I can't remember what my parents look like dead, I'm dead, I'm not dead.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. Who wrote Empire? This it's it's somebody.
Speaker 1: Who did crash. It's based on his book, it's based on his childhood, I think.
Speaker 2: But you know who wrote the screenplay? Is that Tom Stoppard? There you go.
Speaker 1: On that film, that's it. Then that's it. Then that's it.
Speaker 2: That's me. Do I sound like one of your popmates that ship?
Speaker 1: Then? See what is the film that you used to love? You've watched it recently? You for I don't like this anymore? A good question. Fuck, that is such a good question.
Speaker 2: There's so many of them, but I feel bad saying them out loud where I'm like, woof, this did not hold up well. I mean, Revenge of the Nerds is a tough watch, brother, like it's it's a tough watch. Now Brown British died. There's there's some fucking god, there's just some let's call them problematic films now that weren't problematic when they came out, but probably should have been. Yeah, a lot of these movies I'll like rewatch showing my kids. You know one that I've come full circle on that I was like, this is a great movie. This is a whole horrible film. Oh, this is a really cool movie. Ridley Scott's legend interesting, so weird. It is so weird, and I checked out on it and then I revisited it with my daughter and she was mesmerized, and I was like, so, I was right, okay, like it is cool.
Speaker 1: It's a mess, but it's cool. What is the film that means the mice to you? Not necessarily the film itself is good, but because the experience you had seeing it will always make it meaningful to you.
Speaker 2: Just Cat, that's beautiful, Aladdin, Aladdin. I remember seeing that movie ninety two, November ninety two, and I literally turned to my mother and I've said this story many times, but it still holds true, and I said, I want to do that one day. And I was talking about Robin Williams iconic performance. A performance is the genie, and I just remember sitting in that theater and feeling this electricity soaring through my body of that comic tour de force that was like a superpower. I was laughing so hard. I was so mesmerized, and I wanted to do that. I want I dreamed of one day being a Disney character, comic relief sidekick. So that movie you fuckingly did it. I did it. Yeah, so that was crazy wow. I also vividly remember I have so many great memories sitting in the theater. I remember the first time I saw Jurassic Park, and it just changed my relationship with movies in that like that was the first time I really asked out loud, how did they do that? Like the magic of it? I think was the first time that I like sat back and go I went, you know, because remember I was born in eighty one, so like I missed the real Star Wars experience in theaters. I had like, you know, the you know re releases, and I had Return of the Jedi. But I was fairly young, so Jurassic was like the first movie along with Terminator two, where I was like what am I watching and how are they doing this? I didn't have any relationship with what I was seeing where I was like it was like a magic act, and I remember just being like, holy fucking shit.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing Tim at the cinema when I was young and being like, fuck it out, this is something so incredible. What is the film? You must relate to.
Speaker 2: Plain streams and automobile maybe, like I see a lot of myself in that John Candy character, whereas there's like a there's like a joyfulness but inside of real sadness sometimes, you know. I think in many ways I relate to National Lampoon's vacation. Oh, that's sort of like the way I see the chaos of my family and my life.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I think there are pieces of myself I see in many films, but not like one film that stands out as like this film is me. So it's more of like an amalgamation of films that I point to and like, oh, that part of me is in that, and that part of me is in that, you know, like my relationship with my guy friends I think of like stand by me, and like there's just like I don't know, there's just different elements I see in everything.
Speaker 1: What's the sexiest film I've ever seen? Oh? God, the sexiest film I've ever seen? How fuck do I even answer that?
Speaker 2: Ghost that is a sexy movie movie? I mean it then like gets unsexy pretty quick, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Thinking about play getting hard quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's just dirty, like it just becomes dirty. I'll tell you that. The sexiest movie I regret seeing in a theater was Unfaithful with my Mother.
Speaker 1: That's a sexy fucking movie.
Speaker 2: That is a sexy movie, and I just would not recommend seeing that in the theater next to your mom. It was tough.
Speaker 1: That was tough. It was just a fucking two of us night night.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. And I think I picked it because I just read great reviews, but I didn't read what the movie was about.
Speaker 1: If only there were a clue, well.
Speaker 2: I just back then, I would see, like four stars. Sun Sentinel gives it four stars. It looks like a winner. That is why Rotten Tomatoes really took over, because these pesky newspaper clips were just too hard to read.
Speaker 1: It with too many kids going with their mom to see sex films, I said, we need to fix this.
Speaker 2: This movie Mom's got five stars. It's called basic instinct. I think we should give it a shot.
Speaker 1: There's a sub category to this question, Josh troubling boners, worrying why does the film you found arousing You weren't sure you should?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I fucking hate I definitely remember my first boner was see.
Speaker 1: This is this? Is this?
Speaker 2: So I'm going to take a I'm going to take a different approach to this answer than a lot of your guests. Fast Times at Ridgemont High because I had to live with that knowledge. Then working with Kevin Klein on a movie and being paid a visit by his wife, who I had this experience of quite frequently as a child, that was problematic. Answer, Yeah, it's not your usual answers like this is a problematic movie, you know?
Speaker 1: Answer? How did you cope?
Speaker 2: How did I cope? I just I just didn't tell anybody. I didn't tell them until now.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. You're dead. It's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm dead. Kevin would kill me if I were alive, so I'm happy that I'm gone. This is the only part of the conversation that's going to be picked up on by like People magazine. Josh Kadd claims that he got multiple bonus to Kevin Klein's wife, joined joining millions of others.
Speaker 1: Boy, what is objectively the greatest film of all time?
Speaker 2: Might not be your favorite? Godfather Too? Actually, I would say Godfather one Godfather too. I don't think you can or should separate them. I think that they are one complete masterpiece. You will not talk about Godfather three, but I do think that those two films are just perfect.
Speaker 1: They are perfect. Have you watched the new Godfather three the re edit or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: I've heard it's excellent. I haven't had the courage yet. I don't want to be let down. I want to believe it's great, so I've sort of like just imagined it's great. What are your thoughts.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: We should do it together? Okay, maybe maybe maybe when we get back from the game, when we're on the try and go back to your flat and we'll watch it. Then we'll just see what. Maybe a couple of hooligans will come over and we'll just watch.
Speaker 1: While my kids the direct while we're one of the most perfect films ever, very arrogantly.
Speaker 2: It's like, do you remember when the shot for shot remake? Then nobody, we don't. Nobody talks about this enough. The shot remakes of Psycho just go away. We just imagine having such steel balls that you're like, I know it's a perfect film, but watch I'm going to redo it completely and kind of redo it in color. But at one scene where Vince Von masturbates on camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it did improve it.
Speaker 2: Well. Hitchcock called that the scene that got away?
Speaker 1: What is god? Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: By the way? Am I wrong about the Godfather films.
Speaker 1: I you know what, are you?
Speaker 2: Citizen canning me? No?
Speaker 1: I think Don't Look Now is objectively the greatest film.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: Your objectivity is different?
Speaker 2: You're wrong in many ways. This is a profoundly wrong answer. But yeah, I get it, I get it. Do you know now? Wait a second? Yeah, can I can? I take a different approach to that? Can I go back? Do you allow backdracking when you're dead? It depends, well, yeah, because you can sort of. There is no time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can.
Speaker 2: Do whatever I want. My death, my rights, So let's do it like this drama Godfather one too musical, Wizard of Oz Singing in the Rain or Wizard of Oz. You probably both answers are correct, right, Silent film? I would say gold Rush. I think it's a masterpiece. Nice fantasy listens, Fellowship of the Ring Love sci Fi would have to say Empire strikes Back and Aliens tie, and then Action adventure would have to say Raiders.
Speaker 1: Of the Lost Ark Arah, what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Exorcist, that's an one or Shining probably again a tie, comedy, comedy, tie back to the future.
Speaker 1: Roundhog Day? What is the film you could or have watched the most over and over again.
Speaker 2: It is the Goonies. I have seen the Goonies probably a thousand times. That's why, Like when I did Reunited Apart, that was the first movie I did because it was the one I watched the most. Kid, remember that that was it I was. I watched it and Back to the Futures a close second of just every time they're on, I could watch them.
Speaker 1: What is the worst film you've ever seen? This is a tough one.
Speaker 2: God, probably Garbage Pail Kids.
Speaker 1: It is. It is very weird, very weird, very weirdy weird.
Speaker 2: Now you know what else is just a fucking nightmare of a movie. Do you remember Congo? As excited as I was by seeing Michael Crichton's Furassic Bargain in the theater. That's how excited I was to leave early in the middle of Congo. That was my first time as a as a person coming of age, that I realized you have the freedom to walk out of the theater if what you've paid for is not quite good enough. And I was like, I can no longer be a part of this.
Speaker 1: Interesting during comedy, you're very funny, But what's the film that made you laugh the most?
Speaker 2: Just kad the hardest. I remember laughing in a movie theater. There's three films that I remember actually falling out of my seat, my cousin Vinny, South Park, Bigger, Better Uncut, Yes, and Borat. Those are the three memories I have of actually like convulsing of laughter to the point that I just couldn't be And I have a sturdy ass. So for me to like project for a seat to project, I'll vomit me out takes a lot.
Speaker 1: Good. That's pretty good. Before we get to the patroon section, can we talk about your new film which I've seen. My very good friend Nora kat Patrick made a treatment into wis. It's very very good. Please tell us about it. I don't know when it's coming out, but one day soon, so let's have a little chat about it.
Speaker 2: Well, we made it for just friends of Nora. We just wanted to like do an experimental film where like only certain people are allowed to watch it, nobody else.
Speaker 1: So grateful I made that list. It's fucking brilliant.
Speaker 2: People usually do movies for the masses, and we're like, what if we do it for the for the minuses. So it's a it's a movie, really what you know, it's a movie about about relationships and about the sort of difficulty of monogamy and the and the you know, the things that we sometimes leave unsaid that we should say, and the idea of like having to confront her truths when those hard truths are presented to you. So, you know, the inciting incident of the movie is that we're visiting this cabin in the woods for a weekend as we're snowed in, and me and my best friend are walking back and see our significant others having sex with each other, and then it's the what do you do now with that information? Yeah, and it's just a great sort of movie about people. Like it's just as as novel as that sounds. There's something actually really special in the simplicity of it because it's just all about like performance and it's all about us getting to do incredible dialogue as written by this brilliant writer or Kirkpatrick, And it was just it was a joy, I mean, working with d V Diggs, Alexandra Di Dario and Ashley Park and Nora was just like it was a dream in the middle of nowhere in Utah. So probably coming out this year, we're very I'm very happy with it. She's brilliant. I love her.
Speaker 1: She is brilliant. She really is brilliant. Josh Gatt, you have an absolute joy. However, oh god, when you would and you were eating two foot long and it was filled with meat and bananas, it was do you fo subway? And then you were meat and you were driving around.
Speaker 2: Sort of like sexual proclivities, do.
Speaker 1: You You were driving the corner of a cliff holland, yeah, and you you lifted it up because you were trying to get more banana and meat into your mouth.
Speaker 2: And I don't like the way you're I don't like the way you're motioning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you turned a bit and the truck came straight towards you. You didn't see it, and you were and then the truck hit you and.
Speaker 2: You roll cookie monster now down the cliff, roll down.
Speaker 1: The cliff exploded like in a movie that so it was pretty cool. It was pretty cool. A lot of people and they burning was cool. Okay, car exploded, but you exploded from the bananas and banana and meat went everywhere everywhere. Anyway. I was walking along Mareland with a coffin. You know what I'm like, And I go Jesus, what was the banana and meat factor? We explode like I No, it was just this car fucking hell. So I crawled down the cliff with the coffin. I get down there, it's an absolute mess. It looks like something terrible has happened. So I'm like, can you help me with Yeah, we fill up the coffin with You have to chop its you up to get you all in it. You're all in there. There's more of you than I was expected. The coffin is absolutely rammed. There's only enough room in there for me to slip one DV day into the side for you to take across to the other side. The other side. It's movie night every night. What film are you taking to show your children in heaven with the sandwiches when it is your movie night, Josh cad Go.
Speaker 2: My favorite part of this whole conceit okay, just putting aside the truly horrific and graphic death you've given me and the disgusting sandwich that killed me, something that rooms, and the way everyone will look at me for the rest of their lives. But the detail that stands out to me, the stupidest detail, is that I took a DVD, not even a Blu ray. I didn't even want something that had like, you know, HD quality. I was like, give me a shitty, outdated mode of watching something with my banana meat in heaven because I don't I don't go, I don't move on without a DVD machine. I live solely in the late nineties, and that's what I want to. I don't want to. Like if I could get my fucking HND three D little hands on a laser disc player, that's what I would do. But it's this DVD, okay, So that movie would probably be rat tattooy fucking wonderful.
Speaker 1: What a great answer, and.
Speaker 2: We watch it on our we'd watch it on our DVD together. It'd be like, kids, I'm so sad that Brett sent you here before you were ready. I know Daddy smells like him and banana, and also I know we're watching this with like pretty bad aspect ratio and low quality visuals.
Speaker 1: It's a pirate it's a pirate copy as well.
Speaker 2: It's a pirated copy that we got in New York City on the street. My dad once did that. He came home to Florida. I would see my dad like three times a year, and he'd always come with a gift, and the gifts were usually very shitty. And one day he brought me home alone two on a cassette tape and it had like a copy of like the poster, like a just a shitty sort of photo copy on the cover, and it was like literally like a paper that had been like pushed in. And I was like, Dad, the movie just came out like three weeks ago. How did you get it? He's like, I have my ways, And I remember putting the VHS into the player and it was just snow. My dad got fucking fleeced. They didn't even bother to like actually do a pirated version. They were just like, oh no, we're just gonna send you a blank video and you're gonna give us twenty bucks. Really sucked.
Speaker 1: Would suck? Listen the DVD does have on it if someone filming on then, but it is there. Yeah, just you've been wonderful. Would you like to tell people what to look out for, or to listen to, or to read in the coming months.
Speaker 2: I want to tell people to look out for Brett cold Seine. I think he's a problem and I think he's coming for all of you. I think he's I think he's the closest thing we have to like a death eater where he just like collects souls.
Speaker 1: But what about the work of Gad. Yeah, before I take yourself.
Speaker 2: On the Josh Gad front, I have a lovely book all about my life before the car accident that I would love you all to get your hands on, even though it's available in Heaven called in Gad we Trust, available for pre order right now, right it comes out right, yes, but your listeners can just go online and they can click a button.
Speaker 1: Do it now.
Speaker 2: They can say pre order in gad we Trust. They can do it right this second. They don't have I don't know why they're not doing it right now. I hope that it's weird. It's weird that they're being so fucking lazy.
Speaker 1: They're trying to be present with the podcast, but you're giving them permission to sort multitask well.
Speaker 2: Do it. You're on your you're listening on your phone or a DVD copy of this pod. Just take it, take the second and do it. Go to Amazon in gad we Trust, ga d simple, what's it?
Speaker 1: What's it again?
Speaker 2: In Gad we Trust?
Speaker 1: Press the button.
Speaker 2: Do it now, smash that like button which is really a purchase button hidden behind the like bude. And then you know, we have a remake of Sneakers coming out, which we're really excited about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're very excited weekend Bernie Sneakers.
Speaker 2: We can at Sneakers.
Speaker 1: We got a Sneakers. You've been an absolute pleasure. Thank you for the time. Oh yeah, we had a good Hey, this.
Speaker 2: Has been more fun than going to Manu game many and we have fun.
Speaker 1: We've had a right old time. Good day to you. We're going to stop the recording. Goodbye. So that was episode three hundred and thirty three. Head over to the Patreon at patreon dot com forwards, asprect Ghosting for the extra twenty minutes of chat seekers and video with Josh gadd goes Apple Podcasts. Give us a five star rating. Right about the film, it means the most of you and why A love the things reading very much helpful numbers and we really appreciate it. Thank you very much. Thank you so much to Josh for giving me his time. Thanks to Scruby's pipping and distract some pieces of network. Thanks to Buddy Peace for producing it. Thanks to iHeartMedia and wil Ferrell's Big Money Players Network hosting it. Thanks to Adamschison for the graphics and Leaves to lead them for the photography. Come and join me next week for another absolutely banging episode. But that is it for now. In the meantime, I hope you're all well, loads of love, and please, now more than ever, be excellent to each other. From back the last back back by the fast backs, A sack by us back by back backs, us back us back back bat back past by back back last back back