Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shots, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and.
Speaker 2: The official Dallas Cowboys at.
Speaker 1: Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Walls, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: There are football players on a football field. It's a Thursday at the Star in Frisco. Temperatures climbing into the mid nineties, especially by the weekend. And this is mix Shots brought to you by a Miller Light inside the SWBC podcast studio. It's time to get serious about these Detroit Lions and a three twenty five kickoff on Sunday afternoon. Bill Jones, Everson Walls, and the star of our show, Mick gig Nola Nola, good echo.
Speaker 4: All right, it's a heavy workday here, not only out on that football field, but here over the next forty five minutes on mix Shots.
Speaker 5: It's going to be warm this weekend.
Speaker 2: It is. That's what I was looking at Weather Channel.
Speaker 5: What's going on man and Sunday.
Speaker 4: Probably too, think of our meteorologists said ninety five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wow, hot man in the nineties.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ooh, ninety seven ninety seven guys ninety seven on Sunday, Yes, did you lose?
Speaker 4: I think that roof's going to be closed.
Speaker 5: Oh, speaking of that, did you listen to Jerry on Tuesday? I did not when he was on the fan. Uh huh and uh near the end, I forgot who said it. He goes, Oh, by the way, we got a tweet here from Brian brought us and he wanted to know if you might keep the the roof offman, because it's supposed to be warm and it might affect the team from the north, might slow them down. Jerry goes, yeah, he just needs to go and watch a little more film.
Speaker 2: They have not been stopped by weather.
Speaker 5: And I was thinking, and I was thinking, what's he talking about? They just had practiced what was it last week? Guys had to leave because they were dehydrated.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 5: That's right, you're going to ruin your own team, right right.
Speaker 6: We've done that before the Philadelphia game, the Pickle Juice game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've done that with Mike Zimmer's debut as the defensive coordinator, and he.
Speaker 4: Got things straightened out. It took him a couple of years because of talent, yes, and but they became the number one defense in the league by two thousand three, and he got things now that you think about it, he got things straightened out on this defense.
Speaker 2: So far, so good.
Speaker 5: We're going to find out so far. As a matter of fact, this is the Litmus. As a matter of.
Speaker 2: Fact, every week is living every week.
Speaker 5: I said that. I guess I say that too much. We're going to find out because when I was entering got off the but I think it was getting off the bus and we were going into the stadium and the fans are on the outside of the gate, and somebody yells out, hey, Mickey, we're gonna find out. I said, glad.
Speaker 2: Somebody was, So that's your things, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, Well, I mean if you look at how well they've run the ball, averaging one hundred and fifty one yards a game, and with two running two running running back by committee Premieer Gibbs uh. And they have a note here in their weekly release that they those two running backs have played together sixteen games and they are seven and one when each scores a touchdown in the same game, and it's the second most combined touchdowns in a game in Lions history. For those guys.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Last year they combined for nineteen hundred and sixty rushing yards and four hundred and thirty three receiving yards and twenty three touchdowns. This year, they have combined from scrimmage seven hundred and twenty six yards and eight touchdowns in four games. So they are averaging whatever the average is on that, which I'll have to have a calculator, nearly well over one hundred and fifty yards, as you mentioned, and then they're averaging two touchdowns a game this year.
Speaker 5: Between them, they've got seven totally.
Speaker 4: Eight with the receiving touchdown.
Speaker 5: With the receiving, seven rushing, and each guy is over two hundred and seventy yards rushing. Gibbs two eighty five, Montgomery two seven do one, So they're averaging for seven a carry. So we're going to find out if they've somewhat slowed down opponents running game, even though they've got to use backups at defensive end once again.
Speaker 2: So and.
Speaker 5: Uh Zimmer pointed it out on Monday. He goes, well, when they say, well you've kind of figured this out, he goes, well, here comes the big test, and I think he's awfully accurate about that.
Speaker 4: So how many people does it take to form a committee. You're a running back by committee, could be a committee, and that's.
Speaker 6: Three three okay, minimum two is not committee.
Speaker 5: Way way the Libs going.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, so they don't have a running back by committee.
Speaker 5: No, they've got a starting running back.
Speaker 2: Now the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, I was talking about the line.
Speaker 5: I know, the committee thing committee to the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: That's not the Cowboys. We don't have a committee.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, but they've got it back in there. They've got they've got two guys that can run the football. And it's not like, well we've got to figure out which to do.
Speaker 4: We know they do committees really work?
Speaker 6: Committees it has okay, yeah, I mean running I mean by.
Speaker 4: College playoff committee doesn't work.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, not every committee.
Speaker 2: Works out there, that's what he asked. Okay, well not every.
Speaker 5: Committing business committees don't work. That's too many people trying to make it.
Speaker 4: That's right. Someone's got to emerge as a leaders, right, that's exactly Rico is emerging as a leader.
Speaker 5: Look how close there snaps are too. Montgomery's got sixty three and Gibbs has got fifty four, and they don't neither running back. No, no, I mean that's for four games. That's their snaps this season. I mean the number of carries. Sorry I said snaps. Sorry, yeah, yeah, carries.
Speaker 4: Carries.
Speaker 5: They don't need Jarrett Golf to run. He's got eight. That's probably out.
Speaker 2: Of he's a good receiver.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: I catch you.
Speaker 4: St Brown touchdown pass.
Speaker 2: The throw was perfectly timed.
Speaker 6: I think he turned and through it before he even looked, and that really he.
Speaker 4: Threw him open.
Speaker 2: He threw him over.
Speaker 6: That's so true because the linebacker wasn't really that far behind. If he waits another tick, linebacker may have been able to kind of just wave his arms or whatever. But no, it made it to what was a perfect pass to whether the defender had no shot.
Speaker 5: Saint Brown's got a one thirty five point four quarterback rating.
Speaker 2: Is that perfect one for one? No, it's perfect one.
Speaker 5: One fifty eight three. He was one fifty five something because if he had one more completion the yard first.
Speaker 4: So he was eighteen for eighteen in his last game, and that wasn't.
Speaker 5: Perfect, right, But if you added Brown Brown one for one for seven yards as a team, they were perfect. Oh that's how close he was to pect.
Speaker 6: So it has to not just be another completion before ya yaws, yes, yes.
Speaker 5: And no interceptions and a touchdown.
Speaker 2: And a test. Right.
Speaker 6: So if Golf would have thrown one more pass for seven yards and it wasn't.
Speaker 5: A touchdown and it was a touchdown and it wasn't a touch it wasn't he probably had been a little bit short.
Speaker 4: So we've got a matchup on Sunday of two quarterbacks from the same draft. Okay, Jared Goff was the number one overall pick in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 5: We forget that, remember because he switched to.
Speaker 4: Jack Prescott was the number one, thirty five overall pick. Dak was the eighth quarterback taken in that twenty sixteen draft. Do you have any idea who the that' did a little trivia question.
Speaker 5: He's the only one that is still on the same team.
Speaker 4: He was, That's right, And that was even a couple of years ago, that was his status. Yeah, So do remember that draft. Golf was the number one overall pick and Carson Wentz was the number two pick of the Eagles. Where's Wentz now in position to get another to get a Super Bowl ring, another one for.
Speaker 5: Back in Kansas, Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, boy he fell up here, good man? All right?
Speaker 4: Who was the third quarterback taken in that draft? A first rounder?
Speaker 5: Gosh, I knew all these like it run number fifteen or something.
Speaker 4: He went number twenty six overall on the Denver Broncos. Oh it was Paxton.
Speaker 5: Paxton who was the guy the Cowboys were thinking was trading back up into the.
Speaker 4: Past, right, Paxton Lynch out of Memphis?
Speaker 2: Ye, b yeah, big up? Yeah? Where is he now? Uh?
Speaker 5: He's in the us FL. No, but he was playing in one of those sub leagues, maybe Canada or something like that.
Speaker 4: All right, So and there was here's a better one. Yes, there's no way. Well you didn't get Paxton Lynch. Who's the who is the fourth quarterback taken in that draft? It was in the second round, fifty one overall.
Speaker 2: Give me a team.
Speaker 4: Well, I kind of figure out what he drafted. Let me go look through this fifty one over he's out of Penn State. Uh, he was drafted by the Jets, of course, the Jets.
Speaker 5: You got me.
Speaker 4: Chris Chris Christian Hackenberg.
Speaker 2: Wow, and.
Speaker 5: There's the one more then?
Speaker 4: Okay, in the third round, the next quarterback taken the fifth overall, he uh, was the starting quarterback of the New England Patriots until yesterday, Jacob Jacoby Brussette. And was there one more next until yesterday? The sixth? One three overall?
Speaker 5: This uh drafts going to start?
Speaker 4: Drafted by the Cleveland Browns out of the USC.
Speaker 5: This is the other quarterback the Cowboys were trying to trade up to get.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's not Cody Kessler. Oh it's Kessler. Yeah, one hundred was the other quarterback?
Speaker 2: State? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Who was the seventh quarterback taken in that draft out of Michigan State? Taken by the Oakland Raiders, Connor Cook?
Speaker 2: That was it? Yeah?
Speaker 6: And then guys because they're quarterbacks, well because any of them setting the world on fire as in college. Why are they picking these guys in the first round? Yeah, let's was yes, Memphis, Yes, Memphis.
Speaker 2: He was pretty good.
Speaker 6: But all these other guys, I'm sorry, I've never heard of them.
Speaker 2: They sound like guys just waiting to be replaced.
Speaker 5: Well, they all got replaced, just like the rest of us.
Speaker 6: Are.
Speaker 4: So out of that draft.
Speaker 2: At least we grew up a little bit before we got there.
Speaker 4: Were there were fifteen quarterbacks taken in the twenty sixteen draft. And one, two, three, four, five, six of them are still in the NFL. Okay Golf and wentz Jacoby Burussett, who is back with the team that drafted even New England Okay Dak And then late in the draft, Brandon Allen was taken. He's still in the league as a backup quarterback in San Francisco, And Jeff Driscoll is a backup quarterback in Washington. So that's it from that draft. So if you're going to redraft twenty sixteen, who would be the number one and number two number two players taking that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would definitely be those two. And I know who I wouldn't draft all those other guys.
Speaker 4: And by the way, Joey Bosa was the third pick in that draft and Zeke was the fourth, followed by Jaylen Ramsey.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 5: Where did Driscoll go?
Speaker 4: Drift Scoll was drafted by No, I'm in college. Oh he started at Florida and then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember doing a story on him from the Senior Bowl. Yeah he was pretty sharp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was drafted by San Francisco. Yeah, so interesting.
Speaker 5: So drafting quarterbacks is not an exact science, but.
Speaker 4: Telling also leads to our pre pre pod Everson and I were conducting a pre podcast podcast as we were watching the quarterback stretch on the field, and then Mickey said, we're about to start.
Speaker 2: He asked the question, don't we still start at noon?
Speaker 4: But I was just comment concerned, But I was just commenting to Everson. Just watching Dak even warm up, even even in stretching. He does everything the right way. He does everything with an assertiveness with.
Speaker 2: Yes and.
Speaker 4: Is stretching the hip movements and so forth, which is a product of the work he's done with his trainers, you know, over the years, and just comparing him with other players, even on this team, I'm like, it's not it's not an accident that Dak Prescott has become what he is becoming. It's been something.
Speaker 6: It's been intentional what he's done, attention to detail exactly, not just on the field, but off the field.
Speaker 4: His leg kicks are higher than others.
Speaker 2: You know, well, I mean we talked, you talked about it.
Speaker 6: I mean he's you know, exhibited a little some injuries, you know, sore on this because he's the only one in that line that has played. Because we're talking about the quarterbacks, we're watching quarterbacks only, so you know a lot more soreness to work out number one.
Speaker 2: That's just a necessity.
Speaker 6: But once again, the way he did it as methodically as he does it. I talked about how okay it's you talked about how good it was for just him as an individual. I talked about how it shows the other guys how to do it, just.
Speaker 2: By him being dogged in his uh in all the habits. Yes, and and you.
Speaker 6: Know, okay, if you if you're watching talking about these other guys. If you're watching, then this is how to do it. If you're not watching, I'm still going to be here doing it the same way every time.
Speaker 5: And even some of the drills in training camp, especially before they kind of progressed and bought this net now to throw the ball into, like they're trying to throw it in a bucket from twenty thirty yards away. They've got nets now. But they start doing that, and they're the quarterbacks are competing like it ain't just jacking around. Well let's see if this will go right there. They're keeping they're keeping score to the point I got a feeling they might have had something on the line extra to see who won that day.
Speaker 4: But what I mentioned to Everson and Mickey prior to the show. Just watching Dak, it reminded me of when I used to watch Nolan Ryan as a forty five year old at Rangers spring training in Port Charlotte, Florida, back in the early nineties, where his his workout route was far beyond what any of the other players on the team were doing, and he would actually back then the media. The Rangers weight room basically was an entry hall that from the clubhouse out to the playing field, and so we as media members who actually walked through the weight room to get to the field, and then in the clubhouse they had incline benches in the in the clubhouse or the medicine ball, and I remember Nolan having to beg his teammates who were twice as young as I mean, he was forty five and he was a twenty three year old in there and he said, hey, will you throw the medicine ball with me to get his workout in. But that kind of stuff, there's a reason that Nolan Ryan was able to play twenty five years and there.
Speaker 6: Was a reason that at forty five, Nolan Ryan needs to have that routine once again.
Speaker 4: The same thing Dak Prescott is he's now in his thirties, right, Yeah, but this guy's forty five, that's right.
Speaker 6: So you can imagine all the things that he's got to get out of way just to warm up every part of his body just for practice. We're not even talking about the game, like we're talking about practice.
Speaker 5: Is uh Port Charlotte still on the map?
Speaker 2: That way?
Speaker 5: It was Charlotte, It was that's on the Charlotte was right.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 6: Yes, by the way, I was going to reach out to all of those in the state.
Speaker 5: Did you see what happened to drop a can of Yeah? Man, holy Kyle. And they were using that as a staging center for all the workers.
Speaker 2: That was That was a disaster.
Speaker 5: They had the cots in there for those people to sleep on.
Speaker 2: No, didn't happen.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable. Off, Well, that's that stadium needed to be replaced.
Speaker 6: Obviously it didn't help. It didn't help. But matter of fact, you went in there to get even more injured.
Speaker 5: The crazy thing is when I tourd see it ed led last night, Cooper Anderson was on the scene in the rain for CNN doing weather and you know, like Jim can't Torri does, Yeah, you know, and he's.
Speaker 2: Getting best the silliest thing in the world.
Speaker 5: Well, he's getting blown all over the place, and at one point he goes, uh, I think we need to relocate it. I've got water up to my knees right now. It's like, why are you in that situation?
Speaker 2: A ways do this?
Speaker 6: I don't know why the weather man have to go out there and show you how bad it is without you being out there this morning.
Speaker 2: Why do they do that? You know why they do it?
Speaker 4: Why so that y'all will talk about it on.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess no bad publicity. How they say it, all publicity is good because right.
Speaker 2: Now, as far as that's why they do it.
Speaker 4: And I'm sorry, people are talking about it all over the country.
Speaker 5: He's a weather man, he's a news guy that's going out that's crazy. Well, do you know what the funny thing was? And then when I was watching one of the late night talk shows he was the guest and I'm going, wait, wait a minute, he was just getting drowned. It was I didn't realize it.
Speaker 2: It was a rerun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, so much to get to on these Detroit Lions. We do that when we come back. Gun mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Scott Kitts it slides for the first down.
Speaker 7: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rooking crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off. I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 5: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Light is brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 5: It says less fillings.
Speaker 4: That's not what my grip says.
Speaker 5: Hell mindset.
Speaker 1: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers little Lighters in fact, less feeling and taste great.
Speaker 2: I'm Shine Legal guy, Celebrate Responsibily.
Speaker 1: Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer Amy six thousands pre point two grams cards for twelve bounces fewer Cowson carves than premium regular beer.
Speaker 5: Mixed shots.
Speaker 2: Well, this is tough, guys. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: This segment is brought to you by YETI, the official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: There you go, all.
Speaker 5: Right, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's it, that's all. That's all. That's all. You know what.
Speaker 4: I think that I'll do better the next the next I think that was a very.
Speaker 2: Good, very much. I'll impress you even more the next time.
Speaker 5: And it had a common period in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah that that that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how I think we can. I can learn a lesson from that brevity.
Speaker 2: There you go. I love it. I love I wish they were all like that.
Speaker 4: All right, Mickey, you were in attendance for the Mike McCarthy press conference. I was, And now you're scrambling to find your notes. That's right. What do we know?
Speaker 5: So he seems pretty optimistic that Doroan Bland's going to be ready to go.
Speaker 4: I heard that he was less than he was less than revealing on his taping of his Coaches show.
Speaker 5: He wouldn't normally ask him about he didn't give you the school.
Speaker 4: Injury stuff, but I did say at the end of one of the segments, I said, it's going to be nice that sometime really soon, Doron Bland and Trayvon Diggs and Jordan Lewis are going to be on the field at the same time. And he just said, well, we still have to see what happened in practice this week. When did you tape this morning?
Speaker 5: Oh, this morning before the press conference. Well, he did say he looked good and he was listed as fully practicing yesterday.
Speaker 4: He didn't want to reveal to the Lion, but.
Speaker 6: He said today I don't think he wanted to tell you Bill that was a personal thing.
Speaker 5: He said today will be the real test for him, meaning they're in pads, so they'll see how he does. He did say that Carson, Kaitlin Carson would start with the rehab group. So that didn't sound encouraging.
Speaker 6: And I heard you talk about that this morning. Good job, by the way, And so he talked about the shoulder right, Yeah, it was a shouldering.
Speaker 2: Way you heard him talk about what I heard him this morning.
Speaker 6: Where did you hear him on the when he was driving in I heard him.
Speaker 4: Where did you hear him?
Speaker 2: It was on I don't want to mix up the station, do.
Speaker 5: You have a segment on there eleven forty.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was like, who is this bomb?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But then I listen. That's that's my bull.
Speaker 4: You can listen to Mickey on one O five to three the Fan at eleven forty every day.
Speaker 5: No, just on Thursday.
Speaker 6: Just just on Thursday, eleven o'clock on otherwise I co otherwise I come in talking trash.
Speaker 2: Well. He talked about the shoulder.
Speaker 5: Of cars Carson and for Kendricks. To remember Kendricks had a calf and a shoulder.
Speaker 2: But Kendricks is closer to playing well.
Speaker 5: He did not practice, so we'll see where he is today.
Speaker 6: We need him well as a dB. How bad is the shoulder for Carson?
Speaker 5: He said, somebody got an interview and he said he needed his range of motion needed to improve to throw well, to put your arm up in the air. Well once you got to reach.
Speaker 2: Jude, you gotta play one shoulder as.
Speaker 5: A one shoulders.
Speaker 6: No, it's one shoulder as a defensive back, you know, especially as a cornerback.
Speaker 5: Oh well he'll play. I'm sure they're the ones telling them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ready, man, I mean I've seen many safeties and corners. I did it myself. If you hurt one shoulder, then do just use the other shoulder. And as long as it's nothing too serious. That's why I asked, how serious is it? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well I was serious enough to miss two games if you think about it. Guyon was practicing, he said he was a full Partitioner said full right. But if i'm them, and I think I told Bill yesterday, I'm still working Tyler Smith just at left tackle and he's a young and make sure you give Bass some snaps because what they do normally Wednesday, Zach Martin doesn't get he doesn't participate. Basically he's there, but it's a rest day. So Bass gets the snaps at right guard. So you know, i'd have those two guys ready to go left tackle, left guard just in case.
Speaker 6: I heard my shoulder against the Cowboys. When I was with the Giants, they had me playing safety. Oh my god, I hated it.
Speaker 5: Do you have to make some tackles?
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: One of them was against Alvin Harper. Troy Aigman throws a dime on that skinny post. He loft it throw and I was waiting on it. I thought I had it. I mean it was like right there, but uh, past was so good. Harper caught it first and we collided simultaneously. As he caught it, I thought I had it, that's how close it was. And when we hit, I somehow hit him in his toward his neck. He didn't play for the next two weeks after him Oh a bump in his neck somewhere, and my shoulder was just gone.
Speaker 2: It was at home, it was in Dallas. So there's no way I'm gonna come out.
Speaker 5: Of the game, No.
Speaker 2: Way, dude.
Speaker 6: I almost went down and they teased me. I remember about that. I almost went down and stayed up. But we just switched out.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't a nerve thing. It was hurt, no something.
Speaker 6: I heard something. I can't feel it to this day, I can't feel it. It's it's nothing there. I mean it's there, but you can't feel it. And so we me and my guidance, we just switched sides because it's the shoulder. That's why I was asking how serious it's injury. You're a DV.
Speaker 2: He's a corner.
Speaker 6: He's not gonna be He made a lot of tackles, of course, but you know, man, it's a shoulder. You know, my legs are what I need I don't know. That's why I was just kind of figure out how bad is it? I mean, I guess I should have done better by rehabbing or whatever, but I never did anything to it. That's why in the shape is in now. But at that time you just have the ability to just say, you know what, I'm going to stay in the game and just switch sides. So I was just thinking as a dB, and is it more like the dB from last year that we just lost the veteran from Gilmore.
Speaker 5: Interception on? Ye?
Speaker 2: About that? So how is it bad?
Speaker 5: I don't think he needs surgery? No, I think I think he's you know what he's talking about, and you got, well, here's the other thing. You got the buy coming up and is playing so you know they can always elevate him. I think he's got one more left if I and I'm sure they want to get him on the fifty three and just as just me, but I would think Andrew Booth beware.
Speaker 4: So how many how many plays? How many snaps do you think Deron Bland, Trayvon Diggs and Jordan Lewis have played together this year in their career ever?
Speaker 5: For I'm sure you got an answer for me zero. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: For sure what the answer is because I didn't go back and look at the game tape. But the only game where they all three played was Gather together this year. No, it hadn't happened this year because Blande's been out year and so and then Diggs after the second game last year, Jordan Lewis two years again, Jordan Lewis did Diggs takes last year?
Speaker 5: I take it, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: So and Jordan Lewis did not play the season opener last year against the Giants. So the second game of the year last year, the Jets game, is the only game that I've figured out that all three of them were played in that game, and Diggs had forty seven snaps in that game, Bland had twenty six snaps and Lewis had ten snaps.
Speaker 5: So this is Bland's third year, but.
Speaker 4: He didn't play. He didn't He didn't play on defense until Lewis got hurt in the sixth game of the two That's when Bland replaced Jordan Lewis as the slot corner.
Speaker 5: Because of that, I picked the rest of these was the backup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a backup, and so he's just playing special teams up until the Lewis injury.
Speaker 5: And then he went into the slot. And then if I remember correctly, Anthony Brown got hurt and bland when.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, yeah, and I want to say maybe he was with Carolina earlier this year and he got released Diddy, Yeah, he's a free agent.
Speaker 5: But last year he was with San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for a little bit. But anyway, year, as I can tell, the Jets game is the only time and maybe for ten snaps, and I'm not even sure that they were all on the same on the field at the same time. For Jordan Lewis's ten snaps in that game, that would not.
Speaker 5: That they were all if they were in a dining.
Speaker 4: Package or something, because Lewis was just coming back from injury. That was his first game back from injury.
Speaker 5: That's a good point like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm Cornerban, I'm writing columns for you, Mickey.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a mix shot.
Speaker 4: There you go, all right, We continue with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 5: Now, are you going to make me go?
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War, Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off. I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Pruscott keeps it slides with the first down.
Speaker 7: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tools is the only efficient fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tailgay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 5: Demict Shuts.
Speaker 6: Celebrate the best of the autumn season with Wrangler Fallfest at the Star in Frisco. Join us on Saturday, October nineteenth for a day full of fall.
Speaker 2: Fund for the entire family.
Speaker 6: Enjoy live country music, hang out in the beer garden, and compete in Western inspired games plus capture fall photo ops, sabre seasonal bites, and enjoy Wrangler. Shopping admission and parking is free. Visit the stardistrict dot com for more info.
Speaker 5: That's no Yetni right, I had to go with that one. Get there another Oklahoma quarterback going to start this week?
Speaker 4: Spencer Rattler.
Speaker 5: That would make how many?
Speaker 4: Well you got Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts and Spencer Rattler four.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: And and Caleb Williams makes five?
Speaker 5: Que quarterback?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 6: Yeah, how many long way from running back?
Speaker 2: You? How many of you finished?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Baker and Kyler did and that's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: Jalen that's right because he left Alabama.
Speaker 4: Okay, so those are all Lincoln Riley coached quarterbacks. If you could just recruit a defensive player, you might do something.
Speaker 5: He says with.
Speaker 2: Cut he dropped into the comment box.
Speaker 4: If he didn't just leave coupboards completely bare, heaves when he bolts in the still of the night.
Speaker 5: Brian Jones, Brian Jones was talking about the game and they.
Speaker 4: Said something about I love Brian Jones being Texas Longhorn Brian House.
Speaker 5: And he said something to this and I can't if he was talking about this coming game and what the temperature was going to be, and he goes, it's hot as Africa.
Speaker 2: That's hot. Hot is hot.
Speaker 4: Brian Jones. I know Brian Jones since he was a junior in high school at Dunbar Strugs High School in Lubbock, Texas, and I interviewed him and he's I said, what do you want to be after football? And he said, I want to be a sportscaster. I want your job. Well, he went far beyond my job working for CBS.
Speaker 5: He's pretty darn funny.
Speaker 4: And I worked with him at West Brian John Jones, who played in the league with the Saints linebacker, but he played at Texas and he got Tommy Nobles is number sixty when he transferred from UCLA to Texas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, but he's a he's a great guy and we go back and forth and he'll trash at each other.
Speaker 5: He'll say just about and that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's amazing he's been able to stay on.
Speaker 5: Especially television.
Speaker 2: He's the guy.
Speaker 4: Now he's got you can get away with that on podcast. He's on college football on there.
Speaker 2: Oh the u c l A.
Speaker 4: He went to UCLA, but he went up to Texas. Brian, Brian, he's got the big white beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got a lot of Barkley in him as far as.
Speaker 2: His Yeah, he's good. He's always good.
Speaker 4: We did we did a college football show for a couple of years together twenty years ago about at Fox Sports Southwest, and it was so much fun.
Speaker 2: Now he's good.
Speaker 4: It was just because I'm the O you guy, he's a Texas guy. Because this would be on there and UH would run circles around. I'd have to defend you.
Speaker 5: It's almost must listening every Thursday. He's got a segment on the Ticket, which.
Speaker 6: I always thought he was very clever. I just didn't know that it was out there that he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and he's he's like, it's like I got a bunch of guys sitting on barstools talking about college football.
Speaker 2: I have to check.
Speaker 4: That's great stuff.
Speaker 2: He's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, So tell me tell me more, Mickey, tell me more.
Speaker 5: What else do we got here?
Speaker 4: You're worried about Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 5: Yes, very much so, Yeah, man, think about the guys that Cowboys have had to play.
Speaker 4: You just went from t J. Watt to Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 5: Well, they started with Miles Garrett.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's pretty good.
Speaker 2: We's so far, we've.
Speaker 5: Held Odeau, We've held home. What is New Orleans? Said Cam Cam Jordan Jordan's.
Speaker 4: And then you had Baltimore too. They've always had guys.
Speaker 5: Oh way was the Yeah, but they had another guy that was one of the sack leaders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Calvnoy, that's it.
Speaker 2: How do you think we fed? How do you think we fed?
Speaker 5: When you overall better?
Speaker 4: How's Tyler Goyton been faring? Everson tough?
Speaker 2: He's fighting. He's a fighter.
Speaker 6: That's what I like about He never gives up when he gets beat. It's because he's overly aggressive.
Speaker 2: T J.
Speaker 5: Watt made plays, but he didn't ruin the offense.
Speaker 4: But well, and the other thing. The difference on what in Hutchinson is what line up virtually all the time on the left at left defensive end, right side of the Cowboys offense. So he was Terrence Steele was having to deal.
Speaker 5: With him, but he he needed help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they moved Hutchinson around.
Speaker 5: Right so he'll be if got high, high motor. Whoever's on the left tackle, he'll be over there. And yeah, McCarthy was talking about him.
Speaker 6: I don't think I don't think we've lost any games because of those particular positions.
Speaker 5: Well do you think made it more difficult?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but yeah we overcame.
Speaker 5: And you just that's one of the reasons why they give Hunter lip Key the number of snaps he gets. It's not just to block for the running game. It's to make sure doing some chipping, chipping, got to do some chipping. Uh, and they've got to be able to because he can single handedly ruin your offense. I mean, he's leading the league right now. Six and a half snaps he's got. He had twenty five game four and a half, four and a half against who Tampa Bay? Tampa Bay, So they must have found a weak spot.
Speaker 4: Well that means he only has two in the other three games, So yeah, what's the big deal?
Speaker 2: That sounds right?
Speaker 4: And he had won. Adrian Claiborne Day had six.
Speaker 5: No, he had a career day because he ended up getting paid the next year from what he did.
Speaker 2: To the Cowboys game. Falcons, right, yeah, Falcons.
Speaker 4: Who's the tackle for the Cowboys quickly Mackey forgets Chaz Green.
Speaker 5: I just said it the other day.
Speaker 2: Yes, someone someone that makes forget.
Speaker 5: But you know what, they he didn't play the whole game. They finally thought, oh, we should get him out of there, and they brought in someone else, and the guy didn't do it. Yeah, didn't do any better whatsoever. They were just convinced that it was going to get better and it only got worse and they lost the game because of that.
Speaker 4: Okay, next up on your legal pad. You're looking at your legal pad. I want to make sure you got time here. We got two minutes left here.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't I don't think we've we spent enough time on the Marvin overshown. He is now one of your starting linebackers. And it's not just Nickel. He's out there on the field. I think he played one hundred percent of the snaps this last game.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: I had my Playboy play here and played well. By the way, it wasn't like diminishing returns because he played.
Speaker 4: More fifty eight snaps and Kendrick said fifty eight snaps and Diggs had fifty eight snaps. That's one hundred percent of the snaps.
Speaker 2: Come on the back to represent maybe.
Speaker 5: So he has played awfully, awfully well, and I mean for all intensive purposes. He's a rookie. I know it's his second year, but he spent the first year on injured reserve, and you see him kind of diagnosing everything and he was still just highly pissed at himself for not picking off the ball at the end of the game.
Speaker 6: Well, do you see how he plays? He plays smart, but with aggression. That's what I like about it. He doesn't You can tell he's not burdened by the thought process right. That part is he's got down Now he's able to be more aggressive coming off of blocks, knowing where his defender is going to be.
Speaker 2: His fellow defender is going to be the.
Speaker 6: Fact that they're playing more coordinated defense, and may have show him that in the last two weeks. Regardless of who you play, play more coordinated defense. That comes from the fact that he is so aggressive and in position.
Speaker 5: So this will be a good test on his ability to play the run. With the way Detroit.
Speaker 2: Plays, would imagine, you gotta have help.
Speaker 5: You're gonna see Leo Foo out there also another rook So think about the young guys they've got on this defense right now, you know if you uh And I was going to write about that for tomorrow, about the number of young guys they're relying on, and it's almost like you're you're stacking uh interest right now for later in the season. If you get to later, if you can survive the early part right and let the young guys get some experience, you may pay off at the end. That's kind of what they're.
Speaker 6: Going to have to make sure. And I know it's down the line. We got to make sure we take care of our division. We've got to make sure we take care of our division right Washington. They have to go down. We got to take them down. I know that's in the future. But if you're talking about staying in the race, you.
Speaker 4: Know what's funny about that? Okay, so we're sitting here a week or so ago and we're talking about this hole, this big old stretch that the that the Cowboys are about to They got to go to Pittsburgh and then they get to true, well, they had first I had to go to Giants had Pittsburgh on the road, and then you got Detroit at home, and then your hat saying Francisco and then you're at Atlanta and then Philadelphia, and then you get Houston. Well we didn't include what was next to their and that's at Washington.
Speaker 5: You got to stretch the stretch.
Speaker 4: And now you look at it right now, you look at it. And the toughest, Well this game Detroit and also at Washington. That might be the toughest game in the next eight games.
Speaker 2: It might be, might be.
Speaker 4: But then again, they played Baltimore Sunday.
Speaker 5: They got to start playing some of the teams that Cowboys have to play. Troy, so we'll we'll see about the long absolutely and and uh, Philadelphia. Oh, they got to buy this week, Thank god for them.
Speaker 2: No, they played to.
Speaker 4: Buy last week. They played, got two straight buys.
Speaker 5: Don't they have Cleveland? They're a mess.
Speaker 2: Wow, we are today long all right?
Speaker 5: That does that's it.
Speaker 4: That's it. That's right, yep. Okay, So we got a fabulous football fight song. Oh maybe we got additional fight songs to play tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Both of them. Now, both of them.
Speaker 4: Fight song Friday tomorrow, equal opportunity to show here. Yeah, you're gonna be here ever since, I'll be here. Okay, very good. We got our picks to click tomorrow too, all right, so we will shout at you again tomorrow at high noon.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.