Speaker 1: Call zone media. As always, I like to give examples that are first hand, whether they're my experiences or experiences that have been communicated to me by the experience served.
Speaker 2: I guess we'd be secondhand at that point.
Speaker 1: Either way, Almost every example or a story I give you are from either myself or people I personally know. I try not to just unless you're using like a pop culture thing. And I'm saying this firsthand as an artist who I've been on major labels. I have a couple albums held hostage by a major label, and I have been and continue to be an independent artist. Really, the only thing that you actually need, once you've worked on your craft and you know you got a team together that is competent, professional, and really invested in what you're doing, you just need a ravid fan base. There's not much more you need after that is if you have a fan base who just believes in anything you do, you'll be fine. And just anybody will tell you, just support the fan base the people that absolutely adore you, like, feed them, grow that.
Speaker 2: That is your that is your desire. You want to fan them. So what do you do?
Speaker 1: You nickname them because you're trying to create an end group, the Barbs, the Monsters, the Swifties, the Beayhive, because if they never like the thing is like if they lose all of their corporate sponsors, it won't look the same. But a fan base like that that you can't tell them nothing. The hope is you want a fan base that you can't tell nothing that are in some senses annoying to everyone else. That there's no amount of metrics, there's no data, there's no polls.
Speaker 2: You can't tell them anything. Now listen to me.
Speaker 1: I don't want to smoke with no Swifty, but most importantly because I might be able to handle that. Most importantly, I don't want to know. Some with know Bayhive do not want to smoke. So that being said, this going be the last mention of the bay Hive because I don't want to smoke. You guys are right. Whatever you say, Behive, you're right.
Speaker 2: That's my stance. You're right. For this one.
Speaker 1: I'm going to talk about J Cole fans. You can't tell them nothing. I don't know what it is specifically about Cole, but he has figured out to create a fan base of people that, in all intents and purposes, I am the if they're me. I'm the demographic urban hip hop, educated but from the city, politically aware, likes music that makes a good statement, want to be you know, good fathers, want to put good in the world. You know we come from we come from where we come from, but we trying to be good dudes. You know you fashion forward, but you're not obsessed with fashion. You like things that are popular, but you're not worried about pop culture. You find out you find a lot of that stuff fleeting you. Just you want you believe even things that matter. I am the demographic you just you can't tell them nothing. They will stand for no slander. Now, I as an artist, I my desire was always like I want a fan base that I'm down to kick it with. I feel like if I'm doing my I'm doing right. If I have if the people in the crowd are obviously I.
Speaker 2: Make music that I stand by, so we have a lot in common.
Speaker 1: But that are like like dope, Like I would go, you know, get a beard, I'd go sit at the bar after the show with them because they're just like dope.
Speaker 2: They're just like dope folks. They're super interesting.
Speaker 1: And for the most part, that's been my experience there, give or take a few youth conferences I've performed at, but generally speaking, and even those folks have grown up. When they was kids, they was weirdos, but they've grown up to be pretty dope people. They DM me all the time like, hey, I saw you at this. You know what I'm saying, And they're like, by and large, I like my fan base for the most part. I've had some situations, but for the most part, I like the people that like my music. It's been kind of cool. I know some other people that are like miserable, like they can't stand their fans, like they're just in for whatever reason. Sometimes that's just how it shakes out. You kind of don't get to pick your fan base. Sometimes you put the workout and you hope it, you hope it lands, and when it lands, you're happy because.
Speaker 2: You have a career. It is what it is.
Speaker 1: But you know what, there is a shadow side to this that there are listeners that no matter what you do, you can't convince them that an artist is good. They've just decided, despite any sort of metrics or evidence, that you can't be like, nah, that fool's dope. They've just decided that this artist sucks, that they're whack, or they're corny. And a lot of times artists that are corny, I think I've talked about this before, are actually they have rabid fan bases, have fan bases as dedicated to them as as anyone can be. And they are also people you can't argue with. They just that that person could do no wrong. But at the same time, there are people that are just like, no matter what you do, you're corny. And I'm sorry to say about these artists because again, these artists have rabid fan bases. Logic is one of those dudes. People have just decided he's corny. And I've opened for Logic before. He's a dope ass rapper. He's in and like and he's done amazing things. Corda, I think cordays dope.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: People think he's corny, and it's just there's nothing he could I don't know, there's no songs he can put out. This song with freaking Anderson Pac is like incredible. I don't know, you guys just think he's corny. Dax y'all just think he's I don't hopson, But these people have fan bases that have carried them for decades. But there's other people you just can't. There's just no amount of facts. They've just decided you can't argue it, can't argue with Jakofan. The question is why that's what I want to talk about in our politics today?
Speaker 2: Why are we like this? And why would I even bring this up?
Speaker 1: Is because I don't know what the hell Joe Biden gonna do little politics, y'all.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about sort of the scoreboard for the Biden administration and why is it not connecting in how this ain't gonna work for him for some reason. But before I do that, a little tap in about pop culture.
Speaker 2: Y'all. See the flying Felon.
Speaker 1: Homeboy jumped over the bench and attacked the judge. So the clip this, I mean, it's happened in January. I'm not sure exactly when this episode is coming out, but it happened like almost the same week as the Cat Williams interview where this man was standing before the judge giving his final plea about like I'm a change man. Like it's sentencing I'm a change man. It's not like who it is any I used to be. I've made a difference. I don't drink, I don't smoke anymore. Like I'm different now and if you give me a chance, then you know, I'll show you how different I am. And the judge listens, you know, calmly, and it's like, well, I still think you need to you know, pay for your choices, and he goes.
Speaker 2: No, fuck that bitch ed he runs and he jumps over the bench and like slide.
Speaker 1: Tackles and the bailiff had to come and pull the man off. And it was just like you actually, and I think it was the way that he jumped was so funny because you have you know, if you if you know these these they work. Like the judge sits on high, you got to jump up over the thing.
Speaker 2: And it looks so ritten ridiculous.
Speaker 1: And then to follow up the clip later is him singing a song about how sorry he is standing on the.
Speaker 2: Man this year came out swinging die anyway. That was hilarious. But back to what we're supposed to talk about.
Speaker 1: There's certain fandoms you can't argue with, Like for organs, there's no there's just no data you could give. They know especially with Cold fans. Them fools will cite to you bars of freestyles, they'll give you lines in features like they just they the homework that they know about this man, and we'll just be like and then we'll argue about well he produced it all in this and this, and sometimes I can say, listen, as somebody who's a fan of Coal and a fan of good hip hop, there are moments that I'm just like, I don't know, man, this beat is kind of so so to me. He barring out on it, but it's just it's kind of I wish he would have had somebody come in here, like, you can't say that because that means you hate Cold. That means you I don't know hip hop like you just there are people you just can't argue, which there's no reasoning with Jacob fans. And like I said in the opposite, there are some people that have decided that Jay Call is trash. I don't get them despite any evidence of this being a verifiably good song. Or like I said, there are artists that people have just decided are corny and without there's no like, there's no like, well what about the music, Like look at the scoreboard like, look at the music. The streaming numbers. Streaming numbers don't matter. People don't know what they talk. Okay, Okay, Well then let's not look at the streaming numbers. Well let's look at.
Speaker 2: Just bar like.
Speaker 1: It's the songs a vibe like you wouldn't bang in the club. Well, nigga, you not make your club music like, I don't understand. There's no reasoning. So I don't know how you can win an election when this is uh the people you're trying to court. Like we said in previous episodes, if gravity worked the way we understood it to work, if the laws of physics that govern the universe worked the way we thought they did, then the idea of a man facing ninety one criminal charges, who has faced impeachment twice and still believes he won an election that he verifiably lost, and even when he tried to take that to the Supreme Court or to the courts and they all said, nah, fam, you lost. One would think that this spritzer bottle of water I have for my plants that are sitting on my desk could get elected president if you're running against a person who sparked an insurrection when they lost, Like one would think that this would be the most obvious.
Speaker 2: You could be a wet noodle and wind.
Speaker 1: I don't understand how anyone running against this person would have a problem. But as we know, the laws of physics don't work the way that we thought they did. And then when you talk about like the way we think of Joe Biden, I again, as you've heard before, I'm not a Biden stand but if you just finished YO four years, you should be able to point at your track reck and be like, Yo, here's what I did, Here's what I couldn't do. I'm gonna get into some of those data points, and then I want to kind of discuss with y'all, like, are we like I think we're ja cole fans when it comes to Joe Biden, And I think what that has to do with is it just some stuff just don't feel like what you're saying it is, Let's get into it.
Speaker 2: They call it five economics.
Speaker 1: By most of the metrics we normally use, which I am going to talk about a little later, like maybe that's part of the problem, but by the metrics that we use, like Joe could at least have a B minus in what he tried to do.
Speaker 2: Our gas prices are down. Now.
Speaker 1: Granted, I've told y'all before the president has very little to do with gas prices, but the country always blames the gas prices on the president, like, do something about these gas prices. They so high, but when they go down, don't Nobody got nothing to say. So I was saying that even when Trump was president, where I was like, all these gas prices are up, somebody do some of us Like, well, he ain't really got nothing to do with the gas prices are down. Well, he kind of really don't have much to do with that, but the country seems to think so. So we can say, like, verifiably gas is down. Last year, the average for twenty twenty two was five dollars and ninety eight cents. This year it's four thousand and seventy eight cents nationally average US price per gallon now, Granted, in twenty twenty one and twenty twenty it was like like fifty five cents, but that's because we was in a pandemic.
Speaker 2: Nobody was driving.
Speaker 1: That's that don't count, Like what was you supposed to do for that? Right, we could say crime is verifiably down overall, like it's it's at you know, pre pandemic numbers.
Speaker 2: Crime.
Speaker 1: There's two thousand less homicides this year than there was last year. Crimes at like the level of like the sixties. But the last poll when you poll Americans now again we've talked about again like what is a pole It is like a Yelp review, Like, I mean, who really does that? But eighty percent of Americans feel like crime is up. Unemployments down from eight point one percent to five percent. Like you these these infrastructure things where it's like I'm gonna get these bridges built now. Granted I get that one, because you're not gonna see the bridge being built until fifteen years.
Speaker 2: From now, so you won't know that. But he's created some w they're saying.
Speaker 1: This is really where it gets crazy that the economy is good, But how come why is none of this translating? Why like why do we still like, oh, I ain't doing nothing, because there are things that he's taken serious. L's on like we could talk about removing moving out of Afghanistan. Now at some point we had to leave. There was just that kind of like you inherited chaos, like there was I mean what was he supposed to do? It's still l that falls into his category. Even though he inherited that L, it still falls on him. The way he's handling Israel in Gaza is probably probably one of the main things is gonna cost him his election. Now, granted again, there's a lot going on behind closed doors. That again, if you if you if you know gangsters, then like a lot of times you gotta or or if anything like black Mama's like, they'll never drag you in public, but when you get home, ooh lord. Right, So there might be that going on with with Biden. But either way, the point is according to the rest of the world, how you look in like the way you your inaction and the way that you spending money right now out the way that the way that you keep sending weapons over there like cuz this might cause you your election.
Speaker 2: That is an absolute L. I don't know where the hell Kamala being.
Speaker 1: But that being said, he's got some w some things that we've been complaining about. The administration pulled off. But yo, am I the first person to tell you this, Have you known these things?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Like nobody Why can't one would think if you if you've been a run against somebody that's a felon. Even if you, even if you didn't do these things, you didn't seem like you wouldn't even have to tell nobody because this feels so out of this world. But you, but you need to point to your scoreboard, show us some receipts. And even if he shows us receipts, he uses the lame term like bidnomics like nigga come on, like that's a dumb ass, like stand on business. I don't understand why this isn't translating. Well, actually I think I do know. Remember the Black episode and I talked about like bar for bar like these there's not many rappers better than him what Joe Biden has in this whole setup. I'm talking about why you can't argue with his fans, or why you can't argue with people who just hate it, who just are like he's corny. And of course the Trump thing, like I mean, that's.
Speaker 2: Some cold energy going on over there. That's not what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: This is something very specific having to do with messaging in your brand, in your in your in your campaign. And Joe Biden's problem is not just Joe Biden's problem. It's the democrats problem. It's it's the liberal problem. It's not only a the liberal problem. I personally believe it's the problem of modern American power. There's a disconnect between the data and our experiences, except the data is supposed to be measuring our experiences. Either way, the math isn't mathing. What you're saying is not what feeling. It don't feel like it for better or for worse. They're calling it vibe economics, where you know, all the markers that we have are saying that our economy is good. So how come nobody thinks the economy is good but the book says it's good. Then the problem is the book. It's not us reading it. It's what you're using to say. What makes something good or not is wrong. Our normal metrics of ways, again are based on laws of physics where gravity goes down and.
Speaker 2: Water is wet.
Speaker 1: One would think that, just like if you can sing, you can have a singing career. One would think that the better singer would be the most popular singer. It is just not true. That's just not how really how the laws of physics work. The issue is it's not so much that the economy is good or bad. The issue is how you measure it. There's a section in my book, in the Possibility chapter of the Terror Form poetry book.
Speaker 2: Where I discussed this.
Speaker 1: Story of legend of some scientists Vaughan Liechtenstein something. I forget the dude's name, it's in the book. I forget his name, but anyway, he was asking one of his students and like, this story may have happened or may not have happened, but the.
Speaker 2: Point is this. He was asking his student.
Speaker 1: Why was Copernicus such a big deal? Copernicus was the guy that you know, discovered that or observed that the Earth was going around the Sun rather than the Sun going around the Earth, right, heliocentric. And the student was like, well, because it doesn't look like it. Because when you look at the if you are on the ground, you look at the Sun, it looks like it's moving, it looks like it's spinning around us.
Speaker 2: What it looks like?
Speaker 1: And then the dude asked him, Okay, The teacher asked him, well, what would it look like if it looked like the Earth was rotating around the sun. You know what it would look like exactly how it looks now, it wouldn't look any different because that is what it's doing. The point I'm making is your way of measuring something rather than saying something wrong with our eyes, something wrong with your measurements.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, let's.
Speaker 1: Say the difference between the rap i came from West Coast, whether it's underground or even just street stuff, versus rap from New Orleans down south from Atlanta, you know, like the young slime dudes, the young thugs of the world who you know, good luck on Yo, Rico. The thing about that is our music out here, in a lot of ways comes from jazz and funk. And if you play the funk and when you put the stink on it, you gotta actually know how to play like them funk players. Good God, you gotta like, you gotta you gotta, you gotta shred, you gotta know that instrument jazz is the same. It gets to the point to where it's so envant garde, it's so good that it can be hard to listen to if you not listen, if you're not really into that. That's that underground West Coast, even some of the gangster stuff, when it gets like real street shit, it's like if you can't relate to this. I actually understand Southern music come from the blues. It gotta feel right, that's see. That's the thing with the blues. The blues gotta this. You can't play the blues correctly because playing it doesn't make it the blues. It's how it feels is what makes it blue. Now that don't mean they not playing the ass off. That these musicians are not sophisticated in a way that like you couldn't imagine. And that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying the sophistication of it is only one ingredient. So that's Southern trap. It gotta feel like they gotta feel like you. You you you gotta feel the sticky humidity, you gotta you gotta feel it. That a ball and MJG. You know what I'm saying that that ugk. It just feel like the chop the DJ screw it just it just feel like texts like you sitting sideways supposed to crook it in the slab like bro.
Speaker 2: It just it just feel like it.
Speaker 1: Paul wallwork because he feel like Houston, and I mean he wrapping his ass off.
Speaker 2: But it it just feel right.
Speaker 1: So when you get these young people talking about future and two chains are the greatest rappers are all times, and I'm like, nigga, y'all can't be serious.
Speaker 2: It's because it feel right.
Speaker 1: And then you got these outliers like Wayne who just who are actually like lyricists, but he from New Outlands, so it feel like New York when you start talking about the economy, at least, not when we start talking about the economy. When depundits and the politicians start talking about economy, they talk about stock market, they're talking about interest rates, they're talking about GDP and exports and the cost of milk. Average homeowner age is forty nine, which the fuck you care about no interest rate.
Speaker 2: Your credit card is your credit card. I mean like it is what it is.
Speaker 1: But even in the way that they're talking about it, they're talking about national trends. And the problem is nobody lives in national Nobody lives in the United States. We live in Los Angeles, we live in Seattle. We live in Toadsuck, Arkansas, which is a city.
Speaker 2: That I've been at and performed in. It's pretty great.
Speaker 1: We don't live national. We live in our city. So when you talk about economy. What we mean is how much money I got and do I got more bills than I got money?
Speaker 2: Was it like this last year?
Speaker 1: If I feel like I'm if I feel like I'm broke, it's not because I feel like I'm broke, Nigga, I'm broke.
Speaker 2: I haven't made less money.
Speaker 1: If you're talking about average America mea as a business, I absolutely have. All I know is groceries used to cost me three hundred dollars a week now cost me five hundred dollars a week. How can you stand there and tell me nationally our economy is better when everything costs two hundred dollars more. I'm making the same amount of money and you raising my rent talking about costs to living. Problem with the Democrats and why nobody listening to you is because what you saying is I'm wrong. What they're saying is my experience is wrong. You trying to tell them, you're you're telling me no, no, no, no, no, you don't understand the economy. Unemployment rate is down. I'm like, nigga ware, they're like all of America. I'm like, I don't live in all of America. I live right here and right here All I see is the tents, the motor homes all across the street, right off the freeway. All I see is my little nephew still can't get work. So I don't care about no national unemployment rate. I'm talking about here where I'm at, This is what I'm experiencing. I know why we have those matrices because they're supposed to be able to measure the individual experience. But if you're trying to communicate your wins, I don't understand why you're not talking about the individual experience. Like why don't y'all understand you got to stop talking in these things in the ways that y'all talk, because the ways that y'all talk is almost like saying that I'm stupid. You trying to tell me that I'm not experiencing what I know I'm experiencing. You want me to not believe my eyes? Now, in their defense, how do you you got to be able to quantify?
Speaker 2: Feel right? How do you quantify that?
Speaker 1: I need to be able to quantify with the data the experience that you say you kind of feeling. I can't what do I do? I can't do nothing with vibes they don't feel right, Like I mean, I got you gotta have a number. I have to have a way to say even when we talk about jazz and blues, if you like I said, it's like blues gotta feel right.
Speaker 2: Well, how do you know it feels right?
Speaker 1: Oh? I just does, Like I can't. What do I do with that? You know what I'm saying, Like, you need a way to measure it. So this is what we've come up with so far. I'm gonna talk about the crime thing. It's the same situation. I don't live in the crime rates of America. I live in Los Angeles now. Me as somebody at my age, I personally don't understand how anybody thinks the crime is run up because it's almost like y'all forgot the nineties, y'all forgot the eighties. I mean, this is we're on different planets the crime that we experienced when we was younger. Oh, nigga, this is nothing. I like, I don't want to hear it. But the problem is, we just lived through a pandemic, and in the pandemic, the climb the crime spiked.
Speaker 2: Why did it spike? Nigga? Duh?
Speaker 1: Do I really need to explain this to you? Why the crime spiked. Do I need to explain you that crime is a social construct? What do I mean by that? You're pushing real hard here, prop Well, because if I were to walk through the forest and pick up a berry and eat it, that's called foraging.
Speaker 2: It's just it's the.
Speaker 1: Forest, it's the ground. There's a barrier there. I know it's not poisonous, it's good for me.
Speaker 2: I ate it. Well, crime would say that forest belongs to the state, and you stole that barry, No, you stole it. Nigga.
Speaker 1: What if there's an orange, There's a house that has an orange tree and one of the oranges fell on the sidewalk and I ate the orange. Did I steal that orange? You'd say? It depends on the law. That's my point. It's a construct. You see what I'm trying to say. So now that being said, I mean, nigga, you murdered somebody. You murdered somebody like I like. But the point I'm making is that in the pandemic we had, there was no resources, Like where was no way where you're supposed to get food. When listen, Hurricane Katrina happened and there was no food. Were the people going into the grocery stores grabbing a loaf of bread. Were they scavenging or were they looters? It depends on they melon it. Let's be real. So the point I'm trying to make is the pandemic was a different story. We like, nobody in our generation ever seen none like this. So the crime spiked went down and then went back up. So people are like, crime rates are up, But the point is they're even with that. They're up from twenty nineteen, but now they're down below twenty nineteen. That's the national crime rates DC. They up twenty percent. Because people don't live national they live in a city. So you could tell me about the crime rates. But I know if my car got broken into, my car got broken into, I don't get fucking nothing about your national numbers my car got broken into, or if you live out in the burbs. I feel like again because I lived through the eighties. Baby, this ain't nothing, Joe saying, I was a teenager in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Baby, this ain't nothing. So to me, it don't. It don't feel like it.
Speaker 1: When I go to San Francisco and you tell me San Francisco is a raging war zone, it might be I got homies in San Francisco. They not complaining. They get up and go to they morning jiu jitsu and drop their kids off at school, go to the park and have picnics and go home like, I just I don't it's a matter of experience. Well then how do you prove it. We're not talking about proof, we talking about arguing with fans. You got to know how to talk to your fans. And apparently the Democrats don't know how to talk to they fans because they talking as if the people they talking to don't understand what they're experiencing. In the same way that J Cole fans will be like, if you don't like this song, that means you don't like hip hop. It's like Nigga. Now, I'm like, I don't want to talk now you know it. Now I'm like fuck Ja Cole. And I don't really feel like that, obviously, But because you telling me if I don't like every song at every beat that Nigga made, then that means I don't know hip hop, I feel like I can't. You're an elitist. Now they're in lies the liberal problem. Y'all talk like elitists and everybody else don't know what they talking about unless they agree with you, even the people that was on your side, But you're talking to me like I don't know what I'm talking about all the time. So who ends up winning the argument The person that can say I'm going through what you going through.
Speaker 2: I'm one of y'all.
Speaker 1: The person that can say, no, I feel what you feel, and I have felt what you felt. Here's how I overcame it. And here's what I'm gonna do for you. And everybody that's speaking against us is because they don't feel with me and you feel, and I'm gonna show you that I feel what you feel. I understand what you understand. Here's what I'm gonna do for you. And when they attacked me, they are attacking you. Who that sounded like? That sound like the nigga facing ninety one felony despite any evidence that he has actually lived a life in any way remotely similar to the people voting for him. You're talking about a nigga that come from wealth, was given a million dollars to start off, nigga lost a million dollars, got back on the nigga, been bankrupt FO five times and still got everybody believing the wealthy. The nigga that been at the Epstein Island did like that. You mean this nigga ain't no way in the world this man got anything in common with you. But he talked like he do. You know why, because it feels right. See seated seated, see the Democrats playing jazz, Trump playing the blues, and the blues feels right. And if you don't keep your head now, don't take don't take my analogy any further than if I am trying to make it. What I'm trying to make it is Trump know the notes to play. And even though body and them may have receipts, and even if you don't like the song he playing, he don't know how to play his notes. And it's not just him, the Dems don't know how to play they notes. Because y'all got evidence, y'all got receipts. But you flashing the wrong receipts to the wrong people. You turning the homies against you because you talking to the homies like they stupid. Don't nobody like being talked to like they stupid. Now, what is Joe's strength? Mister Biden's strength is the fact that he's not a raging criminal in a way that his opponent is. His strength is his tenderness, in the sense that the man is lost deeply with the tragedies of his son and his wife, and his strength is his air quotes civility, which you know it is kind of out of style these days. But the point I'm trying to make is you can't argue with the fans good or bad. It's because the stats are weird. It's the that's the mismatch that I'm trying to get at. So when you tell me, well, biggest streaming artists is in El E Chopper, I mean I don't care. Does do the do the streaming numbers prove that he's the best rapper? No, it just proves he's the most streams. You can bang this in the club, you know, drake it all the bitches, okay. And then when you talking to cold fans, nobody, I'll wrap it cold. Listen listen to this, and they gonna go bar for bar. But if you like, I don't really I don't really care about bars, then you like, well, what do you do? I say, well, that means you don't know hip hop? Or do I say, oh, what do you care about. It's not your job to teach to teach everybody that that if you don't like j Cole, you don't love hip hop, like that's you're missing the point.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 1: For what it's worth, Bro, you got to stand on business and not just Joe. Democrats, Democrats, y'all gotta stand on business. And if people don't understand, don't shrug them off like they stupid you, running you, running them into the other dude's arms. Somehow you got a brand where you to you the brand of the elite while trying to do things that are by and large more lean, more social. How the hell you pull that off? But ultimately my critique really isn't just about the Democrats. It's about our measuring system. I really think when people talk about the economy and if I could stand on, if I could die on any hill, I wish it would be that that the measurements we use to measure the economy are calibrated for a human that does not exist. It's calibrated on an experience that nobody's actually having. The problem is that's just how statistics work. It's a large data set of a lot of people, and you're trying to find the most consistent experience, but that consistent experience is calibrated towards an average person. The problem is there is no average person. I don't understand why y'all can't make your economic matrix be based on the way that we experience the economy. And you're gonna tell me it already is jobs, homeowner prices, cost the food, cost the living.
Speaker 2: That's how we measure it.
Speaker 1: But the people is telling you how you measuring it is not how we're experiencing it. Honestly, until I became a businessman owner, what you said the economy was doing good or bad made me no difference. It had to do with did I have enough money for my needs the experience, And honestly, I feel like before we start talking about why the voters aren't seeing what the numbers are saying, maybe we should change the numbers.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna leave you with this analogy.
Speaker 1: When I was a little kid, our pastor, Pastor Rene Dirtfield, I had a girl pastor. Because again I come from a different tradition than you do. She gave us this example of this guy that went to the doctor and he said man, and the doctor was like, yo, what's the problem. And he was like, man, every place I touch hurts. He was like, oh, tell me more. I touched my shoulder, Oh my god, it it hurts. I touched my knee, Dang, it hurts. And then I touched my stomach and like, oh my god, it just hurts so bad. And doctor says, all right, well, I have a solution for you. And then then the guy was like, yeah, man, I've tried everything, like nothing works. What's the problem, It says, where your finger's broken? The politics?
Speaker 2: Y'all?
Speaker 1: All right, now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost, boil Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed edited in mass by your boy Matt Alsowski killing the beat Softly. Check out his website Matdowsofski dot com.
Speaker 2: I'm a spelling for you because I know.
Speaker 1: M A T T O S O W s Ki dot com Matdowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat. Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and overly Mattowsowski. Still killing the beat softly, So listen. Don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics.
Speaker 2: These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.