Speaker 1: I was the bar right and then gave me a preview of a concert and blew me away.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's exaggerated.
Speaker 3: He If Nico says you were great, then I believe him. He's an honest guy.
Speaker 4: There's a lot about this job that comes easy to me, reading people, thinking on my feet, not being afraid to get my hands dirty.
Speaker 1: Where too? How was the sun set on the beach?
Speaker 5: Sound perfect?
Speaker 4: But there's one bad habit I haven't been able to shake no matter how long I've been in this bus.
Speaker 3: Want me to drop you off by the cove. Beautiful sunsets there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds good.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it, bro, you know it.
Speaker 1: I get too attached to people.
Speaker 2: I hope it hasn't been boring waiting around for us all day.
Speaker 3: You're kidding. This is like a paid vacation for me, Miss Thompson.
Speaker 2: Please call me Anna.
Speaker 1: Even though I know better, I still let people get too close to me.
Speaker 3: You too, enjoy now?
Speaker 5: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Diego anytime, Anna and close to me.
Speaker 1: It's one of the most dangerous places somebody could be.
Speaker 3: It's going well, huh.
Speaker 1: Shit, I'll say, so. We shouldn't be too.
Speaker 6: Long, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Take your time man, can't hurry.
Speaker 4: Love that being said, this is the one time where the only place more dangerous than by my side is out of my sight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, crap, Nico, you forgot your phone? Niko man, m.
Speaker 3: Okay, someone can take a hint. Uh no, figures? Uh Hello? Can I ask who's calling?
Speaker 8: Well, that all depends. Can I ask who's answering?
Speaker 7: My name is Diego, mister Alexander's employee.
Speaker 8: Seeing as Nicholas is my employee, I guess that makes me your boss too.
Speaker 3: Oh is this Marcus?
Speaker 8: Sure is?
Speaker 3: Wow, it's an honor to talk to you.
Speaker 8: Man, don't tell me Nico has been talking about me behind my bag. I like to maintain an error mystery.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, he just got me up to speed so I could help a bit, you.
Speaker 1: Know, with the job.
Speaker 8: Of course, I'm glad he found someone he could rely on on. There trust his everything is Nicholas there with you. I'd really like to have a word with him.
Speaker 3: He just took Anna down to the beach to watch the sunset. He's really pulled out all the stuffs today. You've met Hannah. Oh yeah, she's amazing.
Speaker 8: No, I know, you know, I could use a little vacation myself. Maybe I'll come down and join you.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, I mean, the more the merrier, Well.
Speaker 1: Diego was it? That's right, I'll let you get back to it.
Speaker 3: Did you want me to take a message for Nico or anything?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 8: I'll see him soon.
Speaker 1: And diego.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, I'd consider it.
Speaker 8: A real favor if you didn't mention our conversation with Nicholas.
Speaker 6: I want to surprise him.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, Man, I can keep a secret.
Speaker 1: I can tell mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Nice guy Underwater episode five, the morning after.
Speaker 9: Drive that butchers on me? Who did you drop off?
Speaker 1: What? G? G?
Speaker 5: G was?
Speaker 1: I was afraid you might have run off already.
Speaker 10: I just realized how late we slept and thought I'd got to move on. Besides, I gotta get my strength back before I can run anywhere.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing you don't want any company in that in?
Speaker 2: Did I say that? Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that an invitation?
Speaker 2: Sure was? Just as long as we can take things nice and slow, I could do that.
Speaker 11: Tell me right now, you de only one honey, so pay it. Put your hands, hold me, hold me? When we did put your hands.
Speaker 1: Why won't you just stay with me the all day? Keep get going.
Speaker 10: Don't tempt me. I've got big plans tonight. Remember hen me a tell.
Speaker 3: Thanks my pleasure.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling about tonight?
Speaker 2: Nervous as hell?
Speaker 1: To be honest, would.
Speaker 4: It help if I told you that you have absolutely nothing to be nervous about.
Speaker 1: I heard you singing.
Speaker 2: That's just the thing.
Speaker 10: I'm find singing in front of a person or two. But I've never been in front of a crowd, like what if I choke?
Speaker 4: I just got to get in the right headspace somewhere you feel safe.
Speaker 2: You know where's that at?
Speaker 1: Give me your phone?
Speaker 3: Why give me your phone?
Speaker 1: What shoul think of my Bugget? Is something.
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: Damn? You do? Trust me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I guess so. Don't make me regret it.
Speaker 1: You have my word.
Speaker 4: Now go over there for a second. You might have to get a little closer, might have to get a closer.
Speaker 2: You really think you can show me something I haven't seen before.
Speaker 1: I know it. Here.
Speaker 4: I left the voicemaimo for you. I'm sure you won't need it. But if your nerves get the best of you tonight, just take a listen.
Speaker 2: Wow, would be careful, Nico. This is right on the edge of corniness.
Speaker 1: I live on the edge.
Speaker 2: Wow, nice view you got.
Speaker 1: I'm supposed to focus on the view while you're standing here in the tower.
Speaker 10: Okay, you already got me into bed and into the shower.
Speaker 2: You can cool it with the compliments.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can tell me what's on your mind.
Speaker 10: It's just it's just wild. A few weeks ago, I didn't know anything about this place. Now it feels like I've never known anything else.
Speaker 1: And has it lived up sher expectations the island.
Speaker 10: I had no idea what to expect, you know, coming down here. It certainly wasn't this, and it certainly wasn't you. How am I supposed to just walk away from you after all this?
Speaker 4: We both have plenty of practice. I'm sure we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: What if we didn't have to?
Speaker 1: What you mean?
Speaker 2: We could leave together?
Speaker 11: Ah?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 10: The second my concert is over tonight, we could just get on a place.
Speaker 2: Why not? There's nothing for me.
Speaker 10: Back in la I mean maybe I could come back to New York with you.
Speaker 4: No wherever you go from here, just don't let it be New York, please.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: We could find somewhere else new together, you know, somewhere safe.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that place exists, not as long as you would me.
Speaker 5: Trust me.
Speaker 10: If you knew where I was coming from, you wouldn't want to go anywhere with me either.
Speaker 5: Who is it.
Speaker 1: My boss?
Speaker 2: You can take it if you need to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll just give me a second.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's okay. I gotta go and get dressed anyway.
Speaker 5: I'll be right back. You have one new wireless voice message.
Speaker 13: What you don't answer? Your fucking fun anymore, Nicholas, I just landed. I'm here on the island. Some new business came up. Plus, I figured i'd help you finish.
Speaker 8: The job since you did say you needed back up.
Speaker 13: I'm swinging down at this.
Speaker 8: You know I'll be there in twenty they'll be late.
Speaker 1: You gotta get out of here.
Speaker 10: Why you're afraid the housekeeping staff is gonna gossip about us?
Speaker 1: This isn't a joke.
Speaker 2: What was that call about?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter?
Speaker 5: It matters to me, Nico.
Speaker 2: Hey, after all this, you still don't trust me enough to tell me the truth.
Speaker 1: You'll be safer if you don't know bullshit?
Speaker 5: Is this about your work?
Speaker 2: Did something happen with your boss?
Speaker 5: Is this why you have a gun?
Speaker 1: We don't got time for this.
Speaker 10: You've never told me anything about him.
Speaker 2: If I knew, maybe I could help you.
Speaker 1: Baby, you want to help now, go to your room, grab what you can and leave.
Speaker 10: I couldn't leave, even if I'm wanting to, Nigo, I have my mom's concerts.
Speaker 1: Forget about the concert?
Speaker 4: What look Singing a few songs for your mom's fans is not worth the risk?
Speaker 2: Sounds familiar?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: You're hardly the.
Speaker 2: First person to try and talk me out of performing.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to keep you safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard that one before too.
Speaker 9: Where are you going?
Speaker 1: I wish I could tell you. I just need to take care of this shit.
Speaker 14: Does this have something to do with Matteo? Is that who you're running off to to.
Speaker 5: Take care of?
Speaker 1: I can't get into this.
Speaker 2: What do you think he was the one who broke in?
Speaker 1: There's only one way to find out.
Speaker 4: You really think that's a good idea, Anna, I told you everything that I can.
Speaker 1: What you do with that is on you?
Speaker 14: Are you kidding me? You haven't told me anything? Nico away, Nico, you weren't kidding. You are good at walking away, aren't you?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 15: Everything all right over here?
Speaker 5: We're fine?
Speaker 16: Sure?
Speaker 15: About that moon seems kind of tense.
Speaker 1: Keep walking, Gabriel, just don't concern you.
Speaker 15: Oh, make that extremely tense. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt your lover's quarrel.
Speaker 1: I don't I told you keep walking.
Speaker 15: Jesus, what's the matter with you?
Speaker 5: You're hurting him?
Speaker 15: Go ahead, Okay, you made your point.
Speaker 1: You got anything else to say? What was that?
Speaker 5: Nothing?
Speaker 1: That's what I.
Speaker 2: Thought, Jesus, Nico, who are you?
Speaker 1: Is better if you don't know?
Speaker 6: Yeah, walk away, tough guy.
Speaker 2: What the hell are you doing antagonizing him like that?
Speaker 15: What's wrong? Didn't enjoy seeing your boyfriend's true colors?
Speaker 5: Just now?
Speaker 2: She's not my boyfriend.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, you could have fooled me.
Speaker 12: But hey, maybe you're just as good an actress as you are a singer. What you're a more talented performer than you are an informant. You know that, that is for sure. But hey, at least we got Nico talking to his boss on the phone.
Speaker 2: You were listening in on us.
Speaker 12: I assumed you gathered as much. Hey, I heard you pressing for information at the end. There, it's a nice effort. How did you Surveillance is part of my job.
Speaker 2: You're the one who broke in. You were listening all night.
Speaker 12: Oh, don't be embarrassed, miss Thompson. I was purely professional on my part.
Speaker 5: Fuck you.
Speaker 14: Oh, Nico's storming off to settle some blood feud because of you.
Speaker 5: He's gonna get himself hurt or why do you care?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 6: Oh, just just shut up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know Nico told me that I should get off the island. Do you know why?
Speaker 12: Not exactly, But honestly, I would not put too much stock in what he says. Okay, I'm not sure he has your best interests at heart.
Speaker 2: What's that supposed to mean?
Speaker 12: You can't get into details, might compromise the investigation.
Speaker 10: Fine, can you at least tell me if you think it's safe for me to perform.
Speaker 12: Tonight, you're gonna have the FBI's full protection at the concert.
Speaker 15: It doesn't get safer than.
Speaker 2: That, Gabriel, How bad is it? Whatever Nico is mixed up in with his.
Speaker 12: Boss, I wouldn't worry about it.
Speaker 15: It won't be a problem for.
Speaker 5: Long here, Babe, Elena.
Speaker 2: I don't think day drinking is going to help.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 5: Now it's a mimosa.
Speaker 2: I'm good with coffee.
Speaker 5: More for me than.
Speaker 2: Ah delightful?
Speaker 5: Is espresso? Okay?
Speaker 2: That's fine, I just need something to help clear my head a little.
Speaker 5: Sure, it's your head, that's you issue, seems more like your heart.
Speaker 2: Girl, I'm not about to start listening to my heart right now. I never ensile.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm happy to listen.
Speaker 2: I've been told I give great advice. Yeah, you don't want to hear about the mess I've gotten myself into you kidding?
Speaker 5: Hearing about people's messes is the best part of my job.
Speaker 2: Trust me, I'm doing you a favor.
Speaker 5: Give me a hint at least.
Speaker 2: All Right, how's this?
Speaker 10: I have no idea who I can trust anymore, or even if I can trust myself.
Speaker 3: I feel so lost.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you usually do when you feel lost? I usually talk to my mom. That's not an.
Speaker 1: Option, so.
Speaker 5: Maybe not in the way it used to be. There's more than one way to connect with someone.
Speaker 2: Right, Uh, if you whip out a Wiji board or something right now, I.
Speaker 1: Sort of got.
Speaker 6: Not what I had in mind.
Speaker 10: Your concerts in right, Yeah, it's in a couple hours, So just go and focus on your music.
Speaker 2: If there's any way to get in touch with your mom, I bet that's it.
Speaker 3: I'll try.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the coffee.
Speaker 5: You gotta bed.
Speaker 12: Hey, you've reached Diego, Leave a message and I'll call you back, or you know, maybe just text me like a normal person.
Speaker 1: What the hell are you?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: I've called you three fucking times.
Speaker 4: I honest, you'd be gone by now, but I want you to go to her room just in case I gotta go take care someday, but promise me you won't let anything happen or when I'm going Sebastian.
Speaker 13: Good afternoon, mister Alexander.
Speaker 5: Anything I can.
Speaker 3: Help you with?
Speaker 1: Do you know where Diego is?
Speaker 13: He won't be in until later today, but I'd be happy to arrange another driver for you.
Speaker 1: That's okay, I've got another rock.
Speaker 13: Very well, sir, have a wonderful day.
Speaker 1: Since when do you drive? I'm full of surprises. You want me to take over? He's island Rose, ain't no joke. I got her under control. You're getting in so you wanna tell me what this business is? When you attend to just a routine drop off? You got your gun? Of course?
Speaker 3: Good handed?
Speaker 13: Or what?
Speaker 1: Wait? Why you won't?
Speaker 6: Massie couldn't travel with mine?
Speaker 1: They're gonna be a problem. Nah, Nah, Nah, that's cool.
Speaker 8: Thanks, I owe you.
Speaker 1: The fuck was that? That's just the cargo. Why are we stopping? Because we're here at the.
Speaker 16: Beach, so we're making the drop here.
Speaker 1: You could say that.
Speaker 9: Diego Hm drives on me.
Speaker 17: Underwater is an Interval Presents original production with Temple Hill Entertainment and Klamor, starring Jason Derulo and Alexandra Shipp. Written by Katrina Day, directed by Pat Kelly and Chris Kelly. Executive producer Jason Derulo, executive producers from Interval Presents, Alan Coy and Jay Kleinberg, executive producers from Temple Hill Entertainment, Marty Bowen, Wit Godfrey and Alex Addison executive producers from Klamor. Rich Statterer, Aaron Hilliard, Adam Reynolds and Alison Chano. Executive produced by Katrina Day. Executive producer from Future History Frank Harris. Special thanks to Henri De Sources, Marketing Lead Samara still Ess, Development Lead Cheffy Ellen Sweg Maggie and Operations Leader Sarah You.
Speaker 1: Post Production audio services.
Speaker 17: By Kelly and Kelly, Sound design and mixed by Paul Teteskin. Dialogue edited by Max Collins. Original music by Genevieve Vincent. Songs arranged by Genevieve Vincent. The cast includes Jason Derulo as Nico, Alexander Ship as Anna Kerry Alexander as bank teller and additional voices. Bo Bridgeland is Jordan, Michael Darry as credit reader and additional voices, Anisia Dubois Dahlia and Young Dahlia, Andrew Frankel as stranger in additional voices, Walter Gray the Fourth as male tourist and additional voices, Melissa Greenspan as female tourist and additional voices, Alice Hunter as Elena, Jeremy Jordan as Gabriel, Josh Keaton as Matteo, Tara Langela as female guest and additional voices, Jonathan Leon as Young Matteo, Donnis Leonard Junior as Elias Parker, James log as young Boy, Emily Martinez as Carman, Michael McLoone as Marcus, Carlo Renata as bartender, John Carlos Sabagal as Diego, David Shadraw as male guest and additional voices. Andre Segluso as Sebastian, Cameron Jay Wright as young Nico and Hannah Zamora as Mia. Produced by Lillian Holman, post produced by Justin Scho and Lauren Berkovich. Associate producer Erica Lowe. Music supervision by Melanie Mitchell. Music clearances by Deborah Mannis Gardner DMG Clearances Incorporated. Audio engineered by Ian Fogerty and Ed mcintee at Gold Diggers, Brett Tuban at the Relic Room and Jordan Sweet at Challis Recording Studio. Assistant engineered by Derek Mcroane and Amber Reserti. Vocal coaching by Bianca Blush Atterberg. Casting by Malice Gusenhauer, Sibi Kersch and Brentegata. Additional casting by Melissa Berger, Brennan, Salem Everett and Scott Forbes at CESDS.
Speaker 1: Healed.
Speaker 17: Script supervisor Tamara Black, Production supervisor Lizzie sam Production coordinators Ethan Aronson and show production assistants Chelsea Perry and Samara Malik. Additional special thanks to Riley Fulsom and Maxim Carlick. Underwater was recorded at Gold Diggers in Los Angeles, California, Chellis Recording Studio in Los Angeles, California, and the Relic Room in New York.
Speaker 1: New York.
Speaker 17: Make sure to follow Underwater and listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Sirius XM, or wherever you get your podcasts.