Speaker 1: Major distribution. Man my label on my dad for real? Fucking with your friend and shit, ain't.
Speaker 2: Tell you y'all ain't shit for real.
Speaker 1: I'll ben out here.
Speaker 2: Crush ain't all success now shet my bitch for real? You saying I'm persuasive girl, but you can't spell that shit for real? And it's mentioned I'm a colleague. Call can pay them for Alma pot fight know your time. We just did dinner for.
Speaker 3: Three hours lying.
Speaker 2: Tell me y'all night buying being Spencer's got a spite paid one hundred rant or something light shimple price to keep them out my life?
Speaker 3: Who we trapped?
Speaker 2: We need up being in office, Magic City, need up being this office twenty nine. I keep up being this office. I'm in love with Houston, Dallas, Saustin. Tell you got to hold up on the team chained. Seemed like they may need money for coffins, Cuban girl and fanily grind coffee.
Speaker 3: Text me on a signal. Don't call me.
Speaker 2: Major distribution labels, call me bad bunny, No, but was just a robberie five hundred million just for Aubrey?
Speaker 3: Yeah, major distribution?
Speaker 2: How pop and mentioned me to be the hottest topic same place, you singing bitch and shopping. Okay, go stupid stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.
Speaker 3: Okay, baby, did what's up? You all right?
Speaker 4: How you feeling?
Speaker 1: I've been better?
Speaker 3: Okay, we do.
Speaker 5: We do have to be very gentle with the merrits today because there is a chance that TikTok will be going.
Speaker 3: But that's why, that's why I asked how she's doing, because I know, you know, she knows. She was hoping that her president elect Donald Trump would save TikTok.
Speaker 1: But I wrote him a letter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gonna get in there and make some things happen.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, we just gotta get him in the office first, he has other things on the priority list and didn't look get to take talk.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm real peace. And then TikTok because they were like, yeah, Elon Musk was talking about buying it, and I know that Elon Musk ruins everything he touches, and even still I was like, there's hope, like maybe like he's gonna ruin it, but like still it'll still be there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Well, I heard rumblings that they were maybe going to sell it to Meek. I saw that on Elon's ex.
Speaker 3: Well, Meek definitely threw his hat in the bidding ring and said, you know me and Sarah to me, Meek is the greatest tweet of all time, Meek Mill, Yeah, he's the greatest tweet of all time.
Speaker 5: He's He's definitely a I would say.
Speaker 4: You don't know anybody that tweets better than Meek.
Speaker 5: Twitter and Instagram were very lonely when he was in jail. Absolutely everything was much better. I will say though, speaking of spelling, Fabio is a close second. He's a sleeper when it comes to social media. Oh yeah, he has some insane things. He should have been in our spelling bait.
Speaker 4: It's one A one b with Meek and Fabio.
Speaker 5: I would have been able to actually, like maybe beat a person in our spelling bee.
Speaker 3: Nah. Fabio would have cooked you. He'd have got you right out of it.
Speaker 5: I mean I did. I'm not even gonna say the words that I spelled wrong, but I feel like I could get some of those Favio misspellings off. What do you spelled Miami wrong or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he spelled Miami wrong, he spelled Houston wrong. I don't even know how you spell Houston wrong, but he spelled Houston wrong. He spelled Jewish wrong, but I mean that could have been to his benefit. And then he said no cap, no yamaka, so no cap.
Speaker 5: But see that's just poetry because you not understanding the yamaka is the cap is the cap on tandra? I mean, but he does post tweets that are like Meek esque. Meek is definitely his inspiration. I think this past year he said, I'm the best father in the world though a happy Father's Day. I don't even know where the structure and that.
Speaker 1: He didn't but no, but he didn't even say father. He said, I'm the best farther in the world, Happy Father's Day. Spelling father wrong twice tweet.
Speaker 3: He lives in a.
Speaker 4: Different, separate home from his kids, kids stayed.
Speaker 1: With, so he's a father.
Speaker 3: He's a father father farther away from the kid.
Speaker 5: Again, back to poetry, went over your head. You didn't understand.
Speaker 3: Even understand, y'all understand for what.
Speaker 5: What is the logic? Let's take out the spelling mistakes. What was he really trying to get at, Like just because he's the best father, I can't get a happy Father's day like he was saying, was it was like him doing us a favor by himself, Like I guess, I guess, I'll think y'all. Can I guess this holiday is for y'all? Like this is Favio Day in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's the best father though.
Speaker 5: All right, so we do we think those rumors are true? Do we think Meek may get TikTok by the nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Pretty ship by by the next three days? Now, I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be tough man. You don't think the.
Speaker 5: Dreams of nightmares money could afford the highest us.
Speaker 3: Now now you pocket watching Meek. See now you count pa. You don't know what Meek me doing with how much he made day trading, I don't know. You don't know how many dreams he chases? How many dreams did he catch? You don't even know?
Speaker 5: See Also my favorite sweet from Meek. In the same hour that he said, sell TikTok to me, he said, if they get rid of TikTok.
Speaker 3: We going to X.
Speaker 5: He said it on X on X he said it to all of us that were on. Just let you know, will be at He's saying on Instagram and then put a link like, yeah, we're all going over here.
Speaker 3: They just let you know if if y'all don't know where will be if they take TikTok, we'll be right.
Speaker 5: That's like if he went to the club and he's like, yo, we all out to the club. I neither hear.
Speaker 4: You think Elon destroyed X like Twitter?
Speaker 1: Have you been on X lately?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Every day going there and just read and just.
Speaker 1: Kind of cool. Yeah cool, he didn't.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: Twitter was definitely in a downward spiral, like it stopped being fun and then Elon. Elon brought chaos, chaos, chaos back to Twitter in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Which is what it was needed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he brought like some crazier people than just like what fun black Twitter was. He brought like the whole right with him, like the same way Facebook got taken over by your Republican uncle and aunt. Like that's where now I feel like X is that still funny and chaotic?
Speaker 3: But but I mean you don't see that like unless you follow that.
Speaker 5: No, Well, now how he did the algorithm thing? Yeah, you catch if you click one tweet about a certain topic, you're gonna see that ship for the rest of.
Speaker 3: The day, and like we'll stay off their tweet.
Speaker 5: Then sometimes if I just don't scroll fast enough, yeah, they think that I looked at it, and then I'm just gonna get a whole bunch of that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: On top of allowing what he calls free speech, has allowed for so many more fake hate accounts like that the hate has increased on x Like, oh for sure substantially. Like if you tweet the words black men, black women, white women, it's a fucking field day. Like it's absolutely insane. The porn. I know a lot of people are complaining about the porn, But to the people that complain about the porn, I personally tell them, if you stop looking at the porn so much, you won't get so much porn. But they're not feeding porn to your kids. Your kids are going to looking for porn and there it's also a porn blocker on Twitter, but whatever, But yeah, like it just it's not who does that under people who are are sixteen years old and watching that shit.
Speaker 5: And like there's there's been times even over the weekend, I took a mar to the indoor playground and like, what she's having fun. I'll just check my phone every now and then scroll through the timeline. I'm at a kid's indoor playground and it's just like pussy. I was like, oh shit, got to put my phone down so I don't like end up on a list like I was the guy watching porn at a kid's indoor playground.
Speaker 3: You can't escape it, Roy said, I gotta put my phone down. He pulled his back out a bookmark.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I had to go back and find it. Like I didn't. I didn't get a good look at.
Speaker 3: That waking in the right place to view that content at the moment, but you didn't want to go back to it.
Speaker 4: And yeah, you kind of you know, get.
Speaker 5: Tweet fave pussy pret sweet for ass, Like, yeah, are.
Speaker 1: Y'all gonna this sounds crazy? I know it was about to sound crazy as far as like, are y'all gonna explain the dangers of porn to like your teenagers?
Speaker 5: Yeah, which that wasn't in our Birds and Bees conversation because porn wasn't so like readily available. But that is something I think our generation will be the first to do with their kids, to talk about the actual dangers of porn like that you can go get addicted and fuck your entire perception of sex up, Like this is not for you, right, I'm kind of that is kind of the one thing I do agree with your side about. I do think porn is very damaging, especially the young developing brains. Keep that shit away from.
Speaker 3: H No, it's definitely something that you should definitely talk to your kids about and you know, just let them know. Even though kids get to age, they're gonna explore, they're gonna find things.
Speaker 4: But I think if you give them that.
Speaker 3: Conversation beforehand, they even when they do find it, they go into it knowing like, yo, this is not really something I should be consuming too much of.
Speaker 5: Because you could even like monitor their tweets and follow them and this and that you can't monitor their timeline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that.
Speaker 5: Shit will be. It's going to happen, and eventually you could browser history, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could prepare kids for I know some of my best friends that grew up in some really nice households and they're doing fifteen years in prison.
Speaker 5: But that's what's so funny about the rights like alliance with Elon, because to them, nuclear family porn is the fucking devil God. This and that Elon has like fifteen kids by seventy four baby mothers. He has so much porn on his shit, Like he is quite the opposite of what the standard Republican is. And listen, I'm here for the space X shit, but that whole we're killing legacy media and the truth is here by the people. Fuck your community notes. There's so much misinformation on that fucking app Yeah, Like, yes, Foxy and n MSNBC all bullshit, but don't come here and tell me that this is the truth.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're gonna always have bullshit. Nothing is gonna be bullshit free or nothing is gonna be one hundred percent facts all the time. But I think that they have done a pretty decent job as much as they can of kind of limiting fake stories and things like that and eliminating it. And you know, people do a good job of jumping on those tweets like this is fake posting the real link like the facts and things like that.
Speaker 5: Like, I mean, so much you can do, and it's just a crazier echo chamber of a rabbit hole for whatever opinion you're reading at the time, Like the way, if you're watching Fox are always gonna get the right, watching CNN, You're always gonna get the left and no other opinion. Ax is like that on steroids. If I click one Republican thing, that's what I'm getting, and people just stay over there because it's in their algorithms. That's the dangerous part to me.
Speaker 3: It's interesting seeing people that you like with some of your first follows on Twitter, Like, if you had your Twitter account as long as I've had.
Speaker 5: How do you how do you see that?
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like people that still pop up on your Oh yeah, okay, Like you're like, damn, I've been.
Speaker 4: We've been following each other for over fourteen years.
Speaker 5: Probably think I made my Twitter an eight or nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nuts when you think about like you and somebody we've been following each other for fourteen years, Like, yeah, that's insane when you think about it.
Speaker 5: Like I could have watched you have a fifteen year old now, Yeah, that's that's fucking nuts.
Speaker 3: Longer than that, shout out to Chris. He had a you know, his son that he has on his Uh he's been posting the son on his page for forever, and he posted his son the other day and his son is now twenty one, twenty first birthday. I was like, dog, like, there's no way I watched your kid grow up, Like remember when you was like washing his face, like taking him to school in the morning, like he was like four or five years old, like twenty one years old now.
Speaker 5: And it's all from Team Followback.
Speaker 4: Nah, that wasn't team followed back. That's somebody I really know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, team follow back, definitely, Team followback.
Speaker 1: Never yo, never.
Speaker 3: How long you been following me on social media? On Twitter? Probably since what twenty twelve?
Speaker 5: Maybe yeah, probably around then? Yeah, whatever Poluza started, I think that was probably around the time I think you came to like the second Palloza or some shit. I think that might have been the first time I met you.
Speaker 3: So yeah, which.
Speaker 5: Twenty twelve or twenty thirteen. I probably started following you whichever POLLSA it was and your fake tweets, Yeah I was there. I know they're fakes. Oh fake now to bills.
Speaker 3: Whichever poalsa that was at in Harlem on I think it was one hundred and.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, at the Capa Castle that was the third one, So that was twenty twelve or thirteen, yeah, yeah, And then I followed you realized what a piece of that you were, but it's been nice to see over the years how you've developed more of a piece of shit. No growth, no growth at all from sweet one to now.
Speaker 1: So y'all really never did tea. I never did team follow back, but I will. This is so embarrassing that I'm at this. I remember dj ZD. Of course, I definitely legend. I definitely was one of the girls that DJ I submitted photos for.
Speaker 3: DJZ no way, you was.
Speaker 5: A Z girl.
Speaker 3: You had the T shirt, was a big Z. Was a big Z.
Speaker 5: For those that don't know, this gentleman by the name of dj ZD on Twitter started this trend.
Speaker 3: Was he an actual DJ? Yeah he was.
Speaker 5: Okay, I've heard of DJ before. He would post like lady sent me a selfie. I think that's how it started. It would just be a threat of all these pretty women and I think ZD magazine. He realized what he had on his hands and it was like, well, I mean, let me see some cleveland and that went to a whole different place.
Speaker 1: He showed usage No, I don't have cleavage. I think I was one of the ones where was like short girls or something like that posted it. You were more on the PG side until it god very very embarrassing.
Speaker 3: You was a jet ZD of the week, Jetsy, he was ZD of the week.
Speaker 1: Yo, you've done very embarrassing. I'm so happy that my old Twitter is non existent. It got the let every No, my old Twitter is has been deleted. I can't get it. I deactivated it for more than thirty days, you know, me getting off social media. I deactivated for more than thirty days. So my old Twitter I've passed in two thousand and ten, twenty eleven is gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right, yeah, man, I used to see that like, god, damn, she fine, but she tweeting ZD all the time Like I couldn't. Yeah, because at that point it's starting to be like, nah, she you can't wipe the girl that keeps sending ZD the photo. If you said it, it sounded like hate too. Now now you hate.
Speaker 3: Sounded like hey, anytime you go against what's going on, you you hate. It's always it's always the same ship.
Speaker 5: What did two dope boys do with their like they did like their model ship as well? Or like whatever girl it was called? Really damn I need to find it too.
Speaker 3: Dope boys.
Speaker 5: Wow, Yeah to mecan in shape, so they did. I forgot the name of it, but he won't be mad for me telling us. I found out like maybe a few months into us talking, I saw she was on like a Too Dope Hottie of the Week. I was like, nah, mann, not my baby was two Dope Boys Bombshell or some ship. I'm like, they did a write up.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn not a not a feature from.
Speaker 5: Bio and then one and then I was at like a backyard barbecue at my man Corey town'shouse and Meck was there DJing and Keia was with me, and I was like, damn, man, I gotta now, I gotta remind him that she was a too Dope bombshell.
Speaker 1: You don't. You didn't have to remind him. You didn't have to remind him.
Speaker 3: Actually, I mean, but it's nothing. It was funny.
Speaker 5: She didn't even know she was on it, Like she wasn't on Twitter like that. So I guess they found her ig. And it's not like they put it on their ig. They just put it on the blog. And I think we were googling something and it came up there and I was like, nah, was a two Dope potty. Oh my god, they found she was out the loop with hip hop shit. She was like, what's two Dope? Boys? I was like, it's like one of the greatest blogs that ever existed in hip hop. But I mean, now I can't even look at you the same.
Speaker 4: Wait, so she didn't know it was on there up until.
Speaker 5: When until we both found it on the internet.
Speaker 3: How long ago was this? Did you? Y'all found it?
Speaker 5: Like a year so she didn't know him until Oh, she didn't an interview where they just like, oh, I guess they found her ig and like explained what she was doing. I don't fucking know.
Speaker 3: Wait, she didn't know until a year ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and this was I mean, she must have been like twenty one when they put it up.
Speaker 3: That's crazy finding out a year ago that you was on two Dope and that had to be what twenty what.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to find it out. It was so Saturday night sexy? How did you find it?
Speaker 3: Saturday nights sexy?
Speaker 1: Oh damn, your baby, mom, your baby, You're being a Saturday night sexy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you being a Saturday night sex man?
Speaker 5: And can you why can't I find it? I even typed in Saturday Night sexy.
Speaker 3: You know why you can't fight You had to wipe from there? Why I can't fight it? You know what? Okay, Saturday night sexy.
Speaker 1: Yo, that's fucking hilarious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that was. That was a rough day man.
Speaker 3: I mean listen, man, at least you know that your your being has always been a beautiful.
Speaker 5: Woman, according to Shaking and mech I mean she's always once. At that point, I was like, well, let's have a child. If Shaking Meckfield plain about you.
Speaker 3: You know the legendary site. Yeah, you was a Saturda night sexy man. We gotta we gotta pro create. I mean joking around. We just laughed about it. But it was definitely a.
Speaker 5: Fun day to like make you feel like I thought that was a bad thing. Like, damn he was. He was one of them.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you got it. You gotta make it uncomfortable. You have to. It's only right, damn not my baby Saturday night. How many bodies are Saturday night sexy? Oh?
Speaker 4: You know, if you let the Internet tell it, she doesn't.
Speaker 5: That's a thousand. Yeah, that's like if a blogger post a photo that's already up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a thousand. You know, she's been ran through all.
Speaker 3: Yo, it was a joke before. I'm saying that's what the internet would would try to create that type of narrative.
Speaker 5: That's what the internet would do, right, Yeah, not more, y'all.
Speaker 1: Should do like something like that, like almost like a throwback like money Bag Mall Monday money Bags.
Speaker 3: Or some stupid shit like that money Bag Mondays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, money Bag Mondays and we feature somebody.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, oh oh they must have just taken down too, dough boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they took down the whole site. I can't find it period.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I found the tweet, man, like that was the picture, I guess yeah, damn you.
Speaker 3: No, I was expecting that to be like a like an older picture, like yo all, I'm just saying, this looks like he could be more recent.
Speaker 5: This was in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, see I'm.
Speaker 4: Thinking it was like back in like twenty sixteen or something like that.
Speaker 3: No, okay, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm glad I got that off my chest. I don't even talked about in therapy with that whole thing. And you know, we're talking about talks we have to have with our kids. Yeah, that's you know, one name to sit them all down and be like, listen, I know you have access to the internet.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna see some things.
Speaker 5: At one point, your mother was posted by a blog.
Speaker 3: She was a Saturday night sexy. Your mom was a Saturday night sexy. That's dope though, to have those those pictures, Like I like when people do that on I catch like some some Twitter post sometimes and they'd be like, you know, my mom was was a baddie back in the day, and they show their mother now and then she showed that she still yeah, like you could tell, Like, oh, you could tell. But then they show like older pictures like oh my pop said he was breaking he was crushing them in high school herds.
Speaker 1: That was a TikTok trend.
Speaker 3: I like that trend. Yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 5: Remember like the first or second Father's Day on Twitter that was like the horniest I think I've ever seen women, I mean before this new era of horniness, I've ever seen women on the timeline before everyone posting a pops and there was the thirstiest tweets to everyone's Happy Father's Day. Yeah, like yoh fuck your dad. I'm like, god, damn, what's wrong with.
Speaker 3: These But that's what the ops was telling me in the spaces. We saw your dad at the show. Tell him, I said, how.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, your dad was there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't play the games with my pops because he's not gonna play with you like he gonna really I'm gonna have to, like really like come out there and grab him, like, yo, chill, you bugging.
Speaker 5: I mean he's good. How many siblings do you have?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it shit work. He not playing like you can't all that? Hey, Pops like, no, no, no, don't don't play with him like that. Leave him alone.
Speaker 5: What's funny is you're forty two. He looked forty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my dad, he looks he looks good for his age.
Speaker 5: Like every time I've seen the photo of you guys, I can't pick him out of who's the sibling and who's your father, I'm like, oh, these are all big skids.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He was always in shape, always athletics, so you know, took of himself.
Speaker 1: That's what's up. I'm tell him aside, respectfully, I would.
Speaker 3: I funk with your mom. I would never Alright, Okay.
Speaker 5: You should call your pops and see if we let you do porn.
Speaker 4: My pop listen, my poppy.
Speaker 3: Not only would he let me do porn, she would ask me if they would hire him like they would would they let him do it?
Speaker 5: Maul would be in that father son fantasy tab on porn Hub. No, I just got a real time email. I think we can talk about this. So we were trying to have a Leangelo Ball on the podcast mm hm, and we were, you know, going back and forth on email with teams or whatever, and we just just now in real time, got to email back from someone on our team a quick note that Langelo Ball is passing. But they did say they liked what Rory said about it.
Speaker 1: What did I just tell you before we started recording? What what did I just tell you before we started recording when we said that we got a copyright strike for using the song? Oh yeah, I said, one of them brothers is a fan of this show or listens to this show. Like there's no way, there's no way I can look at them and tell.
Speaker 5: But I don't have any ip on that because it was my DJ mix. Like, we didn't play the Langelo Ball song. I took his vocals and put it over Cannon's beat. Yeah, or unless a friend of the show, Cannon put a little copyright strike on it.
Speaker 3: You shit the group Shato can who Wish was doing last night, he was on YouTube strike and shit.
Speaker 5: And also there's no way that Lanzel Bald does his own copyright strikes. I'm sure that's someone at UMG had did that. But man, I was really hoping that we could get like the one on one Langelo versus More situation. I see why he would pass and probably go just to people that are saying great things about the record. But I think that would be that's the problem. That's the good content, in my opinion, there's but.
Speaker 1: No, yes, it's the good content. But you, like I told you on the those two episodes we talked about it, you o d shipped on that record, like I didn't feel like this was necessary.
Speaker 3: That shit sound like chat GPT Hot Boys. Now, if somebody said chat GPT, you'll make me a Hot Boys record, that shit is not a good song. I don't care that everybody on the internet is posting that shit on their story. That shit is trash.
Speaker 5: Now, I think if you just said you didn't like the record, there may have been a chance that he would have came on the show. You did go a little extra in and personal of like he is he's ruining music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I'm gonna go on the show at so he says I'm ruining music.
Speaker 3: Can we have this conversation end of the year. Can we revisit this this this moment, this record.
Speaker 5: I don't think music will be ruined. I think it will still be.
Speaker 4: Can we revisit this song at the end of the year.
Speaker 5: Oh sure, Okay.
Speaker 1: I've been listening to that song though, and I'm like, I regularly listen to that song. I can tell that I'm gonna probably like that song for a very long time.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: There's no way I really liked that record, bro, Yeah, I like it. That shit some cash money, hot boys, fucking chat GBT version of that. There's no way y'all feeling that record? Now?
Speaker 5: Should I reply to this email with examples of what we've done with better help, I'll just do the l Angel record.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll just do it. Mat In Malla be yelling from the kitchen that shit, I meet it, all right, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll just send them better health ads and be like, look, sometimes Rory just does.
Speaker 3: It so so you would rather go and not saying not saying this is the case, we don't know why you passed, like that could be why you passed, But.
Speaker 5: I mean, I can assume if he said his team said we're going to pass, but he liked what Rory said, means that he's passing because he hated what you said, all right in a very nice way.
Speaker 3: So you think that is better to go sit with somebody that's just like, you know, this record is amazing, and what was your inspiration behind making it?
Speaker 4: And who the fuck wants to sit and watch that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: That kind of goes back to the Elliott conversation we were having of slationship versus real journalism. I think both is great. I think him said with you and talking about that and actually proving that maybe he does really really care about music and it's been a passion for a while. This isn't just some random shit. Hey, look look at all this footage of when we were in high school when I was rapping, Like, what's the difference. That would be a great combo. But he should also go to people that are saying they like the record.
Speaker 3: You ain't when people talk about you said you said it said what you liked it? I do all right, and I said I didn't, so why he still could. It's somebody here that said they liked the record. That's not what everybody got to say. They like it, Like no, that's that's why saying you went you.
Speaker 5: I can see how someone would take that more personal than hey, I just dislike this. Like there there was like when I put my outum out, there's plenty of people that said, I don't like this, and cool, that's your music opinion, no harm, no foul, I don't care. But then there was people that were like, extra in, I don't like this because of who this human being is, and like the list off that that's how it felt. It's like, goddamn, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know him, but it ain't that I just want that record is trash. I don't know him. I'm not saying he's a trash person. The record is trash. You ain't.
Speaker 1: I'm going on nobody podcasts who said, man, Rory and Mall that shit is dirt. You're not gonna go visit their podcast on your next person one.
Speaker 5: Some people like say maybe a Russ would go do that because he likes to confront people that disagree with him or don't like his music, which I think is cool. He's won over. He won me over years ago when he was doing that shit.
Speaker 3: Russell.
Speaker 5: I respected.
Speaker 3: Russ is a perfect example, and we spoke about it when we had him on was in the airport and at Atlanta, when we was on the same flight coming from Atlanta to New York, was at the desk together, saw him. You know, obviously, Oh that's Russ. I didn't know him though we had never met, never spoke, never had no exchange online. I may have probably said something about him that he probably didn't like, but it was never nothing disrespectful. I always thought he was talented. And then when he came in we sat and taught, he remembered. He's like, yeah, I saw he was in Atlanta. He was on the same flight coming to New York. He was like like, we didn't really speak and I was like, y'all, I just didn't like. He was like, yeah, you were just indifferent about me. Like he understands, like people just don't have a real opinion on me because they either don't know me, that my music doesn't really stick with them like that. Like to me, that's the type of people that's dope to sit down with people that understand, Like, I get why people not kind of like, really, fuck, don't fuck with me like that. He's still successful, he still sells out shows, he still sells a lot of records and shit like that.
Speaker 4: But if it's somebody with a platform.
Speaker 3: Says yo, I don't really, I don't know, or if he sees you in person and you ain't really it's no energy like it's but you obviously he knows who you are. You know him.
Speaker 4: It's still not no issue though. It's just like, y'all, I understand.
Speaker 1: You just don't really weren't, like you said, indifferent. You passionately came here. That ship is fucking trash, y'all pretending to like it. He just he just having a viral moment. That shit ain't going nowhere. It is ruining music. Look what they're doing to the game I love. That's okay, I'm not it is okay. That's every year.
Speaker 3: What do we sit here and say, Yo, I ain't gonna lie to hip Yo. The rap is like Yo, it's.
Speaker 1: That's fine, that's fine. But what I'm saying is I don't think that he's being too sensitive when you dragged it. We all told you too. Sense of this Okay, I'm like, we like he but like, why wouldn't you want to come out here, because like if you said something like that about my music and I'm, first of all, I'm a brand new rapper. I'm just coming in. You have a huge fucking platform and I'm trying some new ship. I'm trying raping. I'm passionate about it, artist sensitive about that ship. No, I'm not coming on your show. I might slap shit out you. I'm not coming on your show. Well that's what spicy. He was too spicy with your ship.
Speaker 3: Well we know that's not happening.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think Russ told that story to kind of allude to like, oh you're quiet now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like but but he under at that moment when we actually saw each other and we were on the same flight, he could just tell like, you know, I didn't I didn't say nothing to him, he didn't say nothing to me. But it wasn't beef. It was just like, I really don't know you. You know, we never met.
Speaker 5: So it's like, you know, wait, Jamarius, I think I figured it out. What's a mother? I mother? I you hate Langelo because he's on UMG. Now it makes sense. We're like, yo, did you guys have a woman in common?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: This feels this energy feels up now. I see the hate started when he did that deal with the got it right mother.
Speaker 3: And then this quote the song, yeah you got it, you got it right.
Speaker 5: I guess we'll go to the elephant in the room. Where do we want to begin? Jamarus was trying to give me some ship right when she walked out the elevator, feeling like she had a gotcha moment the same way the internet did.
Speaker 1: I just said, you're gonna walk back your take, That's what I said. Are you going to walk back? You fools?
Speaker 5: Watch pods or just skim through them? I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Well, I was sitting here. I didn't have to watch. I was like quite literally talking to you.
Speaker 5: It is recorded. You know that I'm aware. Okay, So Damarus came in here and say you're gonna walk your take back? I said, what take? What? I would have to walk back? She said that you said Drake was trying to save music and save all the artists. I never said that ship matter. In fact, when we replied to Charlet Mayne and I said very very clearly, even if he is doing this for selfish reasons, which he may be, I don't particularly give a fuck because I think that petition could be very good for all artists. If UMG has to go through depositions open their books, there could be some bad practices of how songs are manipulated between DSPs and majors. Now, that is what I said, and I don't walk that take back whatsoever. Do I think Drake was doing it to save all the artists, No, nor did I.
Speaker 3: Say he was.
Speaker 5: I just thought it was going to be something that could have been good in the long run for everybody, but still understood why it made Drake look completely fucking nuts to the rest of the world. Now that petition is gone and what has replaced it is just a straight up defamation case for Drake to UMG. And at this point I'm not walking anything back. I am. I am taking myself out of the objective column. Okay, you can't do a defamation case in a rap bet what he was doing before with the manipulation. I still think it's odd to sue in a rap battle, but I fully understand it. If Drakes in the middle of a negotiation with a major label and they put money behind a song that calls him a pedophile, fucks with a reputation, lowers his value in that negotiation. That is illegal, and he has a case with that said, you're still a rapper and there's still rapper rules. This is just a straight up defamation case. When you asked Kendrick to do that knowing he's on UMG, and I would like Kendrick to do it, call me a pedophile or you think Tupac to that. Sorry, he's straight upset. And that's where again.
Speaker 3: He asked Kendrick to call him a pedophile, yes, and Taylor made I.
Speaker 4: Don't remember him asking Kendrick to call him a pedophile.
Speaker 5: Tupac asked. Tupac was telling Kendrick Lamar that he should call Drake a pedophile. The ghost of pucor he still live, maybe he recorded in Cuba. I don't know, but you can't. Again, I saw the other petition having some value in the long run, but now that this is just a defamation case, I personally just don't care anymore because that's completely between Drake and UMG. And I fully agree that it looks insane in a rat battle. If you tell someone to call me a pedophile, and then at some point you sue a company for funding what you told them to do. And on top of that, how would you be looking at this. Let's say Drake never sues and Kendrick ends up. Let's say Kendrick lost and Kendrick ends up suing UMG because Drake said that he's a woman beater and that his son isn't his How would you view that? Would you be okay with it?
Speaker 3: If a company publishes a song or does something that directly violates my contract I have with him, I'm not mad at any artist that is suing that company. Okay, we have a contract before any bat or anything happens. We signed the contract having long ago, and in my contract the company because we love to talk about the machine and how they fuck artists over all the time, fuck them if they violated my contract with them an artists because it's all no now, all of a sudden, we want morals and integrity and rap right that's out. Nobody's like, oh, you can't do that. You can't do this with rap niggas do everything else. Will rap niggas put out songs with niggas that can't rap, push songs and music with niggas that can't rap, give their day all day. We could do all of that, but when it comes down to the artists in I'm gonna protect my contract. Y'all did not honor within my contract. Y'all violated my contract. Now it's oh nah, he bugging, he can't do that, Okay, So I can't what I want to ask you because I read some of the lawsuit.
Speaker 1: I didn't come across come across exactly what you're saying. What did they violate in his current contract? Because what I'm seeing is this is a defamation lawsuit that in my next contract. You know that you know that we're in negotiations, and you supported him putting this record out, knowing that it would turnish my character, therefore hoping to you know, you guys do not have to pay me as much in our next negotiation. So where did he violate a past Where did UMG violate a past contract by releasing Kendrick's record, which is what this lossuit was for.
Speaker 3: Again, I don't know. I don't know what Drake and UMG's contract is, but I'm saying if his lawyers his lawyers, which we can assume he has great lawyers. They know his contract, they know exactly what's in his contract with UMG. If they feel like something was violated and they moved forward with it and took it to a federal court, then I think that they know exactly what they're doing. So any public opinion and public perception, we know, no matter what happens, it could come out tomorrow that they absolutely did some dirty shit to Drake, violated him, did whatever they did. And people are still going to say, yo, but you can't do that in rap. But that's not what so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: That's not what the loss who is saying that the lawsuit is saying. It's a defamation case. You supported an artist saying terrible things about me that aren't true. That's what they're saying.
Speaker 5: Now, what he's saying up defamation instead of a discovery of bad practices between DSPs and major labels. Yeah, that's why I was excited about it and why I liked it. Now this is just a straight up defamation case, which again by definition, Drake has a solid case. You are funding somebody that called me a pedophile and it ruined my reputation where people have a problem with it, myself included, is it's almost like entrapment because by definition, rat battles are defamation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if you went in knowing.
Speaker 5: Drake even said on the shop, I study rap battles for a living, and I believe him because there has been times when Drake has mopped people up in rap battles. You study this for a living. You know what a rap battle is. It's by definition, who can defame each other? Worse, So, going in knowing that and also defaming someone else, you then turn round and sue for the definition of a rap battle. That That is where everyone is kind of like, all right, man, Even people like myself that understood the first petition are looking at this now like, yes, you are right, But at what point do you just save face.
Speaker 3: But save face so that the label doesn't pay for the ship that they violated?
Speaker 1: But what but you keep saying that the label violated when his suit is not that the label violated anything. His suit is that they allowed Kendrick to say mean things about him.
Speaker 4: Again, that's what we know so far. We don't we don't know.
Speaker 3: Exactly what they viol Like, yes, it's a deformation, deformation suit. But what the where did it? Like, where did that come in at? Like, where did they do that at? Now we know that, Oh, yes, they You publish a song with somebody saying things about me. You posted my home on DSPs with sex predator Marcus above my own. That could be that could be in his contract with shit like that. A label cannot do. They cannot allow that to happen. I'm just saying, we don't know the nuances of this contract.
Speaker 5: With UMG, and we are kind of agreeing with you. I think he has a case. Yes, by no, I know he has a case that I know. Of course it's defamation. If UMG is distributing a photo of my house with pedophile dots all over it, Yes, that's defamation. Everyone is looking at it nuts because had he won, this would probably not be happening if he wanted, I don't think, because no one, no one really.
Speaker 3: Going off for if though, like, let's not speak from if this happened, if that happened, if that, let's speak to what happened and then speak to the fact that again, I you've you've never seen this contract with you. I've never seen this contract with UMG. Most people online have never seen this contract with UMG. I'm just saying, just think about it from standpoint that if his lawyers, his team feels like there's a violation of their client's contract with this company and we're moving forward with this lawsuit, there's some validity to that.
Speaker 1: But the only thing that we're telling you is as we sit in this room and we have this conversation with the knowledge that we have as far as going through the lawsuit, the news articles, and what is available to us, as far as what the lawsuit says.
Speaker 4: So speaking from a very limited window.
Speaker 1: Of speaking from what the lawsuit says, period, that's what anybody can speak to. The lawyers filed a lawsuit. The lawsuit is for defamation. The lawyers are not suing for breach of contract. They are suing for defamation. So you keep saying and oh, well, they broke contract, they broke contract. We're not talking about that because unless you have some and I'm not gonna be a funny unless you have some information that you're going to give us, we're as far as a breach of contract, that's not in this lawsuit. As far as a breach of contract, it's strictly about defamation.
Speaker 5: And even I'm sure there probably is some type of cause. Sure, a lot of artists contracts between their partner that there can't you can't do that to your artists. There can be no defamation, So it probably broke the contract. But again, people are looking at it like you went into a battle where defamation is the entire thing. Now, I think it's fucked up if they were changing the rules to make sure not like us went crazy, especially if they're calling him a pedophile. But at this point I'm I'm out of it because to me now it's just such. It's a personal Drake UMG pissing, Yeah, back and forth.
Speaker 1: So what UMG said, right, they let out something they said, it's basically they said that this is a logical It's untrue. Throughout his career, Drake has intentionally and successfully used the UMG to distribute his music and poetry, to engage in conventionally conventionally outrageous back and forth rat battles to express his feelings about other artists. He now seeks to weaponize the legal process to silence an artist's creative expression and to seek damages from UMG for distributing that artist music, which is basically like, well, Drake, we've put out your music when you said crazy shit about people this whole time. But now because somebody called you a pedophile and you lost the rat battle, now you're using the legal process to us when you've been engaging in rat battles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's not And again I can't because no matter what I say on the situation, it's gonna look like I'm just riding for my guy. But what I'm saying is you can't look at it like that because if it's essentially we know that he's in a negotiation with this with this company, right he's They're probably one of their biggest artists ever. He's probably asking for things and you know that we can't even fathom no other probably one of the biggest deals we will ever see an artists get from a label.
Speaker 4: Right insert rap battle.
Speaker 3: Here's another artist that this label is publishing and distributing. If he knows some things that they did on that side, that will directly one violate his contract, hurt his brand, and now interrupt his negotiation leverage in his in his in his in his deal with them. Because this is a rap battle y'all feel like he shouldn't do that. He should just say, Oh nah, I'm gonna take the lass. I'm gonna lose out on money that most people will never see in their life, and I'm just gonna let it be what it is now.
Speaker 5: That the stance he should take. Okay, I'm just asking this is speculation to answer that. We know that Drake fulfilled his contract and was going into negotiate with UMG around the time of this rat battle. He has put a petition in UMG and is now suing UMG for damages of defamation. Do we think he's going to ever work with UMG again? So either way, all that money or stake or percentage that he is owed by UMG is now gone and he's probably gonna go independent. So at that point, why don't you protect your rapper brand, your fan brand instead of your legal brand and move the fuck on.
Speaker 3: Again? You say protected, I feel like this is him protecting his brand.
Speaker 5: I feel like this You don't think brand is when it comes to music, A lot of that comes from your fans rather than your legal process or your label's perception of you, especially rappers.
Speaker 3: Yes, but you're talking about if this is not. This is a very different situation though, because we're talking about you keep saying Rapper, this is one of the biggest artists in the world.
Speaker 5: That's why I was excited with the petition before, because even if people thought it was sucker shit, I was like, well, Drake is the only one that I know of, outside of Taylor Swift that would even have a chance at going at the majors and making them open their books to show what the fuck they do. And now that that has gone and now it's just defamation, we're not going to learn anything at all.
Speaker 4: So I don't okay, So let me ask you something.
Speaker 3: Do you think that Taylor Swift's label will allow another artist to put her home up on DSP's a picture of a home up with sex offend the Marcus above her own?
Speaker 5: No, okay, I'm not saying Drake doesn't have a right to be upset at his label, But if we're going to to protect the brand, conversation host battle is.
Speaker 3: Protecting the brand?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, so what you're saying because he's negotiating with UMG, that negotiation is not gonna happen anymore. There's a't know that you think UMG and Drake are gonna work together again.
Speaker 4: I don't think UMG is gonna watch him leave.
Speaker 1: I don't think Drake wants to work with UMG. Fuck UMG watch him leave. I don't think Drake wants to work with UMG.
Speaker 3: I mean that could be true, that could be true, but I'm just saying, if they end up settling and paying him what he wants to stay, you don't think he would take it. It'll be it'll be some ship that we've never seen an artist get before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you don't.
Speaker 3: Think that he would stay if they'd be like, yo, you know what, you're right? We did. We did fuck up, we dropped the bullet.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, y y'all want to speak on this. This is an iff. If they do that, which I doubt it, but if right, if they do that, you don't see him taking.
Speaker 1: That, No seeing me him take Whether he takes it or not, that's not what's what we're talking about, is Oh, y'all just.
Speaker 3: Say you don't see him working with UMGF again. I'm saying, if they put on the table.
Speaker 1: Or if he don't, I don't know Drake well enough to know if he's cool with I don't know him well enough to know where, know his character or know what's important to him for him to put all of these allegations or not allegations, but to say these things, these really hurt him. These put his kids, his child at danger, This put him at danger. And then to go back and work with that company and trust that company with all that large summer of money that he makes. I don't know if he'll do that or not. I can't say. I can't speak on that. When we're speaking about his brand and Rory saying protect his brand. I think what Rory's point is is if either way, whether they whether you lose or whether you win, the only thing that's at risk right now is money. The battle has been lost, the reputation has been lost. And then with the with the lawsuit people this is this is a sting. Whether you win a lawsuit or not, people are gonna say, well, damn, Drake won a lawsuit, So this changes how I feel about the way that he went about it. That's not gonna happen. So I think that's that's why this is not that.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying that's why this is about none of that, because Rory said, you think about, you know, the perception and how what people are going to view you as in your brand.
Speaker 4: To me, again, I don't know for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking that he's at a point where he's not even thinking about that. He's protecting him his self, his brand, his reputation. He's not thinking about public perception. He's not thinking about what a few five thousand fans that have a community on Twitter are saying about him, like, oh, he's suing, He's you don't do that in rap.
Speaker 4: He's not thinking about that.
Speaker 3: His home got shot up, he had to take his kid out of school, people trying to into his property. Kids. Matt Hoffe spoke about it. His daughters, they young, they in the house, say yeah, Drake is a pedophile. He likes kids. Like so clearly this has affected him beyond probably what people could even imagine, Like, yo, you know, people are really like this message is like, people are thinking there's some validity to this shit, And to me, we're not on that side of the I have to cut you off. We're not on that side of the table. We're not able to understand that level of business coming from Drake's brand, so people can freely speak and be like, yo, he's swing to lay. Yo, that's corny. You don't do that in rap. Okay, cool if that's how you feel. But you have never often operated from that level of business to where you have to protect upwards of a billion two billion dollar brand.
Speaker 1: But see but one moment. Okay, but see when we sat here and I don't even want to bring this up because I don't want to make this a argument because you were king. You don't take no disc back in no rat battle. You don't take no disback in a rat battle. And when I sat here with my previous call hosts and we said, well, you don't know what niggas have to lose the way that this is going, you said, it don't matter. That's rap. Once you rap, once you throw that this out there, you got to deal with what comes with it. So now that Drake is dealing with what comes with it, which as far as oh he has to take his kid out of school, this is in danger. People are calling him a pedophile. All this, all that, when you put out a disc that say, yeah, call him a pedophile, we know what you're gonna do everybody knew that we did do it.
Speaker 3: And drop drop drop.
Speaker 5: And then also says ceasing desis what he said. Drake asked for this on public record. He asked for Kendrick Lamar to do what he's suing UMG for to battle, call me a pedophile, ceasing desistance for hose, Yeah, drop more records. And then at the end of the battle said, oh, like you burnt it out. It's too much, and then went and sued somebody for doing what he asked them to do. Drop a record.
Speaker 1: He's suing somebody.
Speaker 4: He's not suing I know.
Speaker 5: I said, UMG. I said, went and sued, UMG.
Speaker 4: I thought you said like he was suing Kendrick.
Speaker 1: But I'm not even I'm not eve talking about that. I'm talking about you talking about someone we don't know what he's going through on the other side of the business. The business, yeah, the business. But what I'm saying is.
Speaker 3: Just saying, protect the brand and the brand and Cole's eyes.
Speaker 5: He was, even though I still disagree with that, was protecting his brand and his peace and his state of mind.
Speaker 3: So that's why, because he already engaged, that's the only reason why.
Speaker 5: And we're saying that. Drake said, YO, call me a pedophile and then went and sued the company to put it.
Speaker 3: Out right because they pushed something that he asked them to push.
Speaker 4: He didn't ask them to push that thing.
Speaker 1: But this is the thing.
Speaker 5: Kenrick has a license deal with them. Yes, we was gonna put it out.
Speaker 1: Yes, he knew UMG was in charge, was the one distributing or a licensing or whatever. He knew that Kendrick was with UMG. He said, he knew what Kendrick was want to say. He told him to say that, antagonized him to do all of these things. Then when it happens, is UMG, why would you allow him to say that about me when you knew that he was with UMG and you knew that he was going to say that, and you told him to say it. So that's why I said, I'm not thinking, I'm not mad at Drake for sewing. Let me let me make that clear. I'm not mad at Drake for sewing. When I'm asked when I'm coming to you, it's saying you can't say. People don't know what they're talking about, and that's how people feel, and people don't know this this and that, because you.
Speaker 3: Don't you when they took the petition off the table, did you say when wort first just came, oh you're not a suit is over And I'm just like.
Speaker 5: Oh no, see, I don't want to talk about it because that's just dumb fans on Twitter.
Speaker 3: That's but this is my point. What online is gonna everybody's gonna run and whatever they get information about this, they're gonna jump to and say something. I'm just gonna stand on the side of I feel like if the biggest or one of the biggest artists in the world's lawyer or legal team feels like they have a case and that they feel like we're gonna win this case, I think everybody that has never negotiated from that amount of business or that side of business need to just sit back and just watch what's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Instead of saying, oh nah, you can't do that in.
Speaker 3: Rap, Can I go back to a few other points that he's just made protect the brand, Like.
Speaker 5: As a human being, I'm not saying this sarcastically. My heart does go out to Drake for your house being shot up and you have to take your kid out of school. That's insane. How much of that do we think is because Kendrick Lamar put up his house on a thumbnail.
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, you don't know, and I don't know, of.
Speaker 5: Course I don't know. We can speculate here with some common sense. I do not think Kendrick Lamar or anybody sent people to Drake's house to shoot it.
Speaker 1: I don't think that. I don't think Drake is a leegening that Kendrick had anything to do.
Speaker 5: I was going to Ball's point of you have to look at Drake's perspective as a human, like, what would you do if your house was shut out? You have to take your kids out. I feel for him there. I just don't know if that's a direct result of not like us or anything that is in this lawsuit. I think that's a completely separate situation that goes a bit deeper than Kendrick Lamar or anything to do with this particular battle. Now. I also think it must suck to hear mass say, oh yeah, all the kids are saying Drake's a pedophile. Him winning this suit is not going to change the minds of the young kids calling Drake a pedophile. They're not looking at this like, oh well he won in court with UMG, so he must not be a pedophile. We're speaking to the brand that Math was saying, the kids are calling you a pedophile. You can't change that with a lawsuit. The only way I could think to change that was to make good music. And hopefully people will start to forget about this battle and remember that great.
Speaker 3: Artists and just and just and just let the label that the company that that pushed that shit just right. It's so good they did.
Speaker 1: No, no, no. The only thing I can think of where it's like okay as far as his house being on there, that no, the label should have stepped in and said something, right, But both of these people are independent, they're just licensing. What I'm saying is what were they supposed to do? Say, hey, you're calling Drake a pedophile. You can't put that out, Kendrake, that doesn't even make that's unprecedented, Like that doesn't even make sense, and put without the record. Yeah, you can't put that record out because you're calling Drake a pedophile.
Speaker 3: I'm not. But again, you will never hear me say that. The label should have said we're not putting.
Speaker 1: That record up so what should the label have done.
Speaker 3: I'm saying the label should have whatever contract an agreement that they have together, the label should have honored that. I'm saying that his team, his great lawyers, feel like his contract was violated.
Speaker 4: How would are people not comprehended?
Speaker 1: Because no one's saying that's what That's what I'm all saying.
Speaker 3: Why is he suing? This is a defamation case, just suing because of a rap bad bl da dah dah. And I'm saying, Yo, something in his contract was violate.
Speaker 1: But what we're saying is where are you getting that information from? That's what we're asking. I've asked you that from the beginning.
Speaker 3: They just issued a lawsuit federally to his company. You think this lawyers are going to do that without feeling like there's some validity in that his contract was they have his contract.
Speaker 5: We don't went through a lot of this. They're not Yes, they probably broke some form of the contract, but this is just a straight up defamation case. Now like they're suing for defamation and here's all the bad things that you guys funded that were set about me and changed my reputation. That you could do that even if there wasn't some defamation clause in your contract that doesn't make defamation legal now all of a sudden, So he's not even talking about his contract. From what I read, it's just straight up defamation.
Speaker 3: So okay. So in your brain you feel like this lawsuit is either complete bullshit.
Speaker 5: No, I think he has a case, and I think he'll win.
Speaker 1: I don't think he'll win.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out with the internet. I'm trying to figure out what y'all feel about, Like, what are y'all thinking? So y'all feel you feel like he has a legit case and he'll win. You feel like he doesn't have a legit case and he'll lose.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that I don't think he has a legit case. I'm just looking for I would need to see examples of this happening before of two artists who are partnered with the same company and one set a really fucked up thing about the other one and they were like, Oh, you shouldn't have put that out or like that. That's what I'm looking for. I'm kind of looking for some precedent. What I'm saying is is that I get where Drake is coming from But just because your lawyers feel like you have a case that when it comes to rap and hip hop culture, that doesn't matter. Because if somebody came in here and punched you in your shit, right, you have a case that they that they assaulted you. You have a case. You're win that case. But niggas to look at you and be like, well, why you ain't just fight back? Why the fuck you? You? You are rat? You snitched you. You send him to jail for punching you in your face. You're a rat, even though your or will tell you have a case to win.
Speaker 4: Me when have when have we ever seen.
Speaker 3: A company pushed the idea of somebody being a pedophile?
Speaker 5: I have not seen that before. And I understand we put pedophile rightfully so over here as but I did watch Jimmy. You can sit in Kelly Bobo all day if y'all want to. But just how you said, you've never seen a label. We've never seen this in a rap battle where pedophile is the message, We've never seen it. I've seen Biggie and Pop die over a rat beef. Get you know what, Neither one of those gentlemen ever called.
Speaker 3: Each other okay and I've seen Jay and Nas have the city shook up. You know what. Neither one of those gentlemen ever called each other. I've seen kiss and Beans shake shit up. You know what. Neither one of those gentlemen ever called or referred or even made like made even type of any type of women that this gentleman might be.
Speaker 1: And but those people also didn't have that on their jacket before for other people to say that about them. And because I don't think that Drake is a pedophile. So this is not me shipping on Drake, but Drake, listen, listen, I get, but this is the thing. You will be riding for Drake and going hard for him. But he knew what he was going to say about him, because that's already a ruler that had been on Drake. That's why Drake knew what Kendrick was gonna say. That's why you knew what Kendrick was gonna say. So we're not about to sit up talking to somebody that said that laughed at that.
Speaker 3: For this battle even began, I said, I sat here and said, I said, what are you gonna do? Call him a pedophile? Because I knew that people are online trying to make tiktoks and fucking snap stories and those other dumb shit think pieces about yeah nah, he was dating this girl, this girl, and he did this with this girl, and then he kissed this girl on stage and then he did that.
Speaker 4: So I'm just like, oh, so people are trying to make this a thing.
Speaker 5: This is where I would be on your side if he did not say call me a pedophile on one of the songs, and then two if he sued for Meet the Grams, which gets into more pedophile shit about his friends. There's the alleged daughtershit I'm a deadbeat father, all of that. Why isn't he also suing for that song? Because that song didn't have the impact, not like us did. That's why people view this as you are a sore loser and that's why you're suing. He's not suing for Me the Grams.
Speaker 3: Brot Me the Grahams.
Speaker 5: Has pedophile shit in it too.
Speaker 3: Let Me, let Me, let Me just.
Speaker 5: Didn't work and stick the way not like us did. But UMG still put that record out, all right?
Speaker 3: So you you been somebody that has put out music, you me and somebody that's working in industry, do you not think that UMG worked that songs, all right, So why are you sitting here acting like you say, no meet the grant because they didn't work Meet the Grahams. They didn't put the push they did behind Meet the Grams that they did with not like us. You know how labels work.
Speaker 5: I know, but now it's so speak to that.
Speaker 3: But hey, I understand how UMG pushed that record and push that message.
Speaker 5: Can I answer that if this was still the petition about bad practices between a major and DSPs for pushing a specific song that pedophile shit, I would still agree with you. This is a defamation case about being called a pedophile. Why wouldn't Meet the Grams make that same exact definition.
Speaker 3: Again, you don't mention in.
Speaker 1: This lawsuit about them like not just put not pushing it illegally, but pushing it doing their job. This is a single, It was a hit wreckers, it was a hit record. Yes, this this is like not illegally pushing it, but you're pushing this song. One of the things that they brought up. For example, Drake's new lawsuit alleges that MG allowed content creators such as Kaye Sanad, No Life, shag RDC Gaming to monetize reaction videos to not like us without enforcing copyright claims right, which some labels do sometimes because it's like why am I gonna snatch down free advertising? This is free advertisement. So that is one of the things in the suit is like you were pushing this song that had this message, right, which again, like I said, I'm not mad at I'm queen get over on the and I'm queen get over on the law. So Drake can do whatever he wants to do. That's fine. I'm not surprised that Drake is suing to people who are surprised, that's whatever. My only conversation was, like I said when I brought up with Maul, is if you're gonna have these these standards, you're gonna stand and you're gonna sit in that seat, and you're gonna have these standards for hip hop. When it comes to Drake, you tend to look over those standards for hip hop because if Cole went and sued for a dish, you wouldn't stand on that. That's why there's.
Speaker 3: A plot Cole. If Cole felt like his label violated his contract and did some fu up shit that they shouldn't have did I was. I'm never with the labels. Fuck the labels same. I'm gonna support any artist that feels like they contract was violated.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna feel like up again that nowhere is anyone saying that his contract was violated. There's nothing that's saying in his coind Well.
Speaker 3: De maarrus again, more information is to come you only, we're only reacting off of what we have so far.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm reacting off off. You're reacting off of something that you're talking about. Ifs that's not what's going on. We're talking about the defamation. No, I can't tell you.
Speaker 4: What I've been telling you.
Speaker 3: If his lawyers, which ain't no fucking court appointed lawyers, if his lawyers feel like they have a case and they took this federal then we just got to say to ourselves, you know what his lawyers no more than we do, Okay, And that's all.
Speaker 5: I think we're having two different conversations here because we both agree that there is a case here. And let me walk back. I don't know if he'll win. I think there'll be a settlement because he has enough evidence to prove that they violated the contract or a defamation thing. We're talking about his brand and as a rapper and how insane it looks. And as of yesterday, I think it's solidified not like us, as the greatest, this record of all time because of this lawsuit. Come on, rap is perception degree, you know.
Speaker 3: Start when I'm gonna start taking, start taking, start taking it. I'm gonna start taking what you say verbatim. It's because of the lawsuit that is now attached to this record, the definitions like okay, so it's not just the record where you feel like it's the greatest song, it's the lawsuit.
Speaker 5: The impact in which it had to the other artist caused that artist to go soothe their label for defamation because they put it out. If we're talking rap battle and not legal ship, that is an L my friend, Okay, that is an L. So and if you dude, you gotta do. Drake has way more money than me, way way more ship to focus on. I don't even know what it's like to be in that position, So who's to know what I would do in that situation. I'm here to just talk about the rapper perception at this point, Like, how would you feel if fifty in Games sued Jimmy Ivan in the middle of their beef. They were on the same label, they were funding both sides.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if somebody feels like something was violated and they Lloyds, I would be like, well, shit, the Lloyd's like they was able to do some bullshit.
Speaker 5: By by definition, for sure, Game or fifty with their back and forth, could have sued, like sued Inner Scope for defamation. You funded three hundred bars and running. Look at all this shit against a bobby. It's a lie everything My character feel like they put Game on a stripper poll with a tongue ring as an artwork at that time.
Speaker 3: Is that not such? Yeah?
Speaker 5: See it's and of course there's a difference between that and pedophile. But in the height of the gangster rap shit, you don't think that affected Game's reputation or how they viewed him. Yeah, people would really say, like, yo, that's a real folk. That was the artwork that they put out. So yes, Game in fifty boths would have a case to go sue. Anyone in a wrap peef when you're both on the same label, would have a case for defamation because rap battles by definition are defamation. Who can who can do that more and everyone, including yourself and me would look at fifty and game nuts if they would have done that, and we would have said, well, there's the loser, the one that just sued. It's a perception thing. I agree he has a case.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I just build out that man, because look, I don't ever want to keep talking about it.
Speaker 4: Can we just can we revisit it once it's all done?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: No matter what comes out after this, Can we visit it when it's final.
Speaker 3: Sure? If tomorrow morehit comes out and they're like, oh, look they found it labeled it, I don't even want to talk about it.
Speaker 5: I'm I fully believe that UMG has done some grimy shit to Drake when they had to negotiate with him and looked at what he was actually owed and deserved. Like any other company, no matter what industry you're in. We've heard plenty of times during negotiations where people start rumors in the newspaper or go on news and like, yes, this is a regular strategy when two giants are negotiating with each other, and it is illegal. But you have to add in the rap battle factor to this, where the rules are a little different and you will look nuts in the scheme of suing after a record works.
Speaker 3: Does he look nuts in the scheme of suing or does he look nuts in the fact that people are running around call him a pedophile.
Speaker 5: I don't think Drake's a pedophile.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying what you think. I'm saying, does he to you? Does he look more nuts in filing a lawsuit? Or does he look nuts in the fact that people are now walking around calling him a pedophile? I think like people are really believing that he's a pedophile. This isn't me dodging the question, is my actual answer. I think it just proves how great Kendrick Lamar handled this battle. If everyone is walking around calling Drake a pedophile when he's not a pedophile, that, my friends, is a masterclass in rap battling. He did what the fuck when when you are l when they go back and forth at the end of the ship, we don't even really go like, yeah, nah m not really like entertainment back and forth.
Speaker 5: But people now legitimately, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm asking what looks crazier, me filing a lawsuit or me walking around and people think.
Speaker 5: And my answer again to that is winning this lawsuit will not change the minds of people who think nobody is talking about answer.
Speaker 1: You, I actually think that the lawsuit in the regular in the hip hop stratosphere, right, if we're talking about hip hop in the culture, in the hip hop stratosphere, because people who are walking around like yeah, I heard drinks and pedophile aren't really in the real hip hop stratosphere because if that's the case, they would know it would be a part of a rat battle and that there's nothing that really supports them.
Speaker 4: What do you mean people in hip hop not walking around saying that you.
Speaker 5: Were saying it was just a group of five thousand people on the community that we're saying it. No, he's suing because of the comments of the rap world.
Speaker 3: No, what I'm saying is, I don't think Drake cares about public perception.
Speaker 5: I mean all the public perception in the lawsuit.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm talking about as far as like yo, what with him suing makes him.
Speaker 5: Look like, oh yeah, he cares about I agree with you there.
Speaker 3: So when I'm saying to the mariagis there I absolutely people in hip hop who feel like Drake is a pedophile. I believe Kendrick Lamar feels like Drake is a real pedal.
Speaker 1: So what I was going to say is, I feel like those people felt like that before Not Like Us dropped. I'm I'm talking about who heard Not Like Us and was like I heard in a rap song that Drake is a pedophile.
Speaker 3: So like, I'm not talking about those people, I'm asking all right, So you feel like him suing is worse than him.
Speaker 1: Because eventually, eventually people would have gotten over that it was a rat battle, Drake, you keep making good music people. If people really felt like you were a pedophile, they wouldn't be playing continuing to play your music, we see.
Speaker 3: So you feel like people would have got over the fact that or feeling like he's a pedophile, they would have forgot about that.
Speaker 1: I would have felt like the people who feel like he's a pedophile, who genuinely feel that way have already felt that way before Not Like Us comes out, and they were going to feel like that regardless. What I'm talking about is people who their first time coming into contact with that possible information was through the rat battle and they're just like, oh, they said these things back and forth to each other. I feel like that would have gotten over it I don't feel like if Drake's career.
Speaker 3: So you feel like him sing gonna it's gonna be a biggest thing than people call him.
Speaker 1: A pedophile when it comes to him being the greatest rapper alive. I feel like that is a thing. Yes, I feel like that. Unfortunately, when we're talking about hip hop and what's important.
Speaker 4: Hip hop comunity don't care about pedophiles. They don't look at it.
Speaker 1: You don't, we don't. That's been proven already.
Speaker 3: So then why should Drake try to protect this integrity of hip hop when there is obviously no integrity in hip hop?
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about Drake protecting it. I don't.
Speaker 3: You said he shouldn't, Sue, No, he shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I never said he shouldn't.
Speaker 3: He didn't say that.
Speaker 5: But that's not a hip hop that's a world.
Speaker 1: That I've never said Drake shouldn't, right.
Speaker 3: Sosten right, All right, cool, So we're gonna continue this once this entire case is closed.
Speaker 5: And of course we will, but I don't I won't have much to say if he wins, because I think he has a case, and all right, cool, he won, Now what So I'm not sure what once we get the results of this entire thing. What the convo will really be? Okay, I I think people if he wins and gets what he's asking for when you had that if scenario, I think if he gets what he wants and stays with UMG, the perception might look even crazier. You were okay with them funding a shit call you a pedophile. I thought you were standing on pedophiles the worst shit in the world morals, We cannot do that, but you still want to be in business with them because they gave you the money wanted. I think the perception all getting Crazier's the best perception is you win that case and you say fuck you MG and walk away, which is what I which I hope he does.
Speaker 1: I think one loser draw. I think he's walking away from UG. But that's whatever. My only point in what I was trying to get across to you is us having the conversation of conversations that we've had in the past, and why when it comes to things when it comes to Drake, whether I care about what Drake's doing or not, your bias shows because you care about certain things in hip hop and the integrity of hip hop and nah, you just don't do that in a rat battle. But then when it comes to things like this, it's like you can't see why even if you don't agree, you can't see why people are looking at him like this is a sore loser move, that's why you're doing this.
Speaker 3: You can't see white people are And I can see why people think a lot of this shit they think.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 3: Don't mean I have to agree with it, for sure. Yeah, I could see why people think that. I don't have to agree with it. Yeah, said I never said I don't see why people think that, Okay, And I'm saying I don't think about I don't see I don't see how y'all don't see what he's doing as protecting his brand.
Speaker 4: That's the part I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Well, we I mean, we explain it to you, but we can. I mean to disagree.
Speaker 5: And I don't think there's anything wrong with Mal having a bias for his friend. If somebody if another podcast called Mall a pedophile, and we all know for a fact Mal is not a pedophile, and let's say it worked, everyone was going around saying Mall is a pedophile. You don't think I have a bias in screaming that Mall's not a pedophile. That was a corny fucking move. Of course I would.
Speaker 1: But that's but and this is the thing that's fine. The issue is when we're trying to get Mall to admit that he has said bias, Mal will say he doesn't have a bias, and I don't think that that's true. I don't know. I full out I had full out patron episode. You weren't here a satin exactly where? And I asked more, did he have a Drake bias? And he said no, Oh, as far as when it comes to music. When it comes to period, that's your front.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't have a bid when it comes to his music. I've sat on here and said when I didn't like Drake, I sat on here and said when I didn't like the single he dropped led with him and scissors the slime.
Speaker 1: We were having to like that about the Kendrick battle and the bat I'm ride with my Nega.
Speaker 3: I don't give what the other side.
Speaker 1: Is, okay, but I'm ribbing with my man.
Speaker 3: It's a battle and we're talking about Yeah, I'm on this side battleing. You got to pick a side, which is why I don't fuck with what your man did. You got to pick a side, Pick a side that's a wind, lose a drawer. We're gonna pick a side over here. I take the l but I ain't gonna be playing double dutch. Nah, they don't do that. So yeah, if it comes to a battle, I'm always riding with my niggas.
Speaker 1: And that's where we don't do that. We don't do that. You're setting hip hop rules. Don't do what not swing in a hip battle and in a rat battle or not. You know, not taking rat battle legal is also a hip hop rule, so you can't. But we don't do this, but the other ship.
Speaker 3: But you crossing the lines because you saying taking a hip hop battle to court.
Speaker 4: It's not Yeah, but it's not. It's not about the battle.
Speaker 3: It's the business that was done behind a record that was used in a battle. Kendrick, Kendrick Duckworth is not being asked to come to no court or nothing at all. So this isn't about that. This is about what the business did with a song that was used during a battle. This is not about the outcome of a battle. And you know, bring Kendrick in here because he said this about No, this is not that yo. I feel like y'all did some funny ship because y'all know the type of negotiations we have in I feel like y'all did some funny shit behind this record, and I can also prove it. And I also have language in my contract to where y'all violated my contract.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the final question and we can move on. Do you feel like if Kendrick had put out not Like Us and it said nothing about pedophilia is still blew up as big as it did? Do you feel like break would still be suing UMG if he called him something else file, I feel like something else Still.
Speaker 3: I feel like, no matter what, if he feels like something in his contract was violated and he's in the middle of one of the biggest negotiations and artists has ever been in the middle of in the history of music, I feel like he would be going.
Speaker 5: To court for Do you think that's again because we kind of went past it as the final question, do you think Kendrick Lamar has a case against UMG as well as far as defamation? You funded a record that said A couple records that said I beat my wife, used my wife's name, talked about my children that aren't mine. Does he not also have a defamation case?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: If he filed that defamation case. If this battle had went the opposite way, if Ken.
Speaker 3: Comes out tomorrow defamation against the UMG, I would be like, yo, if they violated some of this contract.
Speaker 4: I hope he gets all the money he wants.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, cool. Have you guys heard Jim Jones' reply?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I like that he wrapped.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh no, we know that he's in record time and he Jim gonna respond when he had to respond to push it. He shot a video an hour. Yeah, he had a video out and edited colored everything in an hour and a half.
Speaker 5: Like how do you find a camera for forty fifth?
Speaker 4: Yeah, n Jim, and he gonna respond. We're not about Jim respond.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna compare being called a pedophile to your from the Bronx. But I do like this.
Speaker 4: It's one a one.
Speaker 5: We know the Bronx is thirty as fucks.
Speaker 3: It's closel chair.
Speaker 1: We not.
Speaker 3: We ain't gonna keep running with that brun You know the Bronx datiful parts, it's some beautiful parts of the Bronx.
Speaker 5: We're not doing beauty in dirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, knowledge, I'm not trying to think it seemed like the Bronx is like, you know, just like a wasteland, Like we're not doing that the Bronx. Come on, peach peas, nos.
Speaker 1: I have some good nights in the Bronx. Learn how to crip walk in the Bronx.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you have to know alam you want to be hanging out.
Speaker 5: So we finally revealed the crypt friends saying his name for like two years.
Speaker 1: That's also not who I was up there with. But that's mad funny that you said that.
Speaker 3: That's just funny.
Speaker 1: That's funny that you trying. I'm gonna bleep that, but I'm fucking crying.
Speaker 5: No, But I like I like Jim's snippet obviously promoting the album he put up. He put up some some maga merch, make dip set greater.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. Beefing with Cam and then wearing dipset gloves in your response video was just like, all right, maam, it's a grown conspiracy online that this is all you know being, this is a play, it's just being you know, it's set up like they not really, this is not really a real beef. This is all you know, This is kind of marketing. This is kind of what.
Speaker 5: You call the what the young boys call it clout chasing, yes, uh and the Republicans called grifting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, all right.
Speaker 5: I guess I can go with that theory that they're behind this because we've actually heard for years behind the scenes that they're who is it le or that someone was trying to get Jim to beef with Cam, or like Mace was behind the scenes saying like, yo, we should beef for the public. This has been a thing. But even when they were all beefing, they've always worn dip set shit. They created it together. I'm still wearing dipset even if I'm beefing with dipset. It's what I'm I'm doing. And I like that he replied with raps that weren't like emotional, Like he didn't and I don't think Cam's response was emotional, but that could have been more of a crash out with a reply.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I liked that he just got up there and told his story and plugged his album that's coming out and promoted his single. That's how I mean.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just don't want.
Speaker 5: Jim looks like the mature one after that, Like, I thought it was a good move if Jim really got on there and got emotional and started saying emotion.
Speaker 4: This whole thing is based off of emotions.
Speaker 5: I'm saying more of the like suck my dick route or like all this in raps. He just went and told the story, told a SI listen. I respect it and high end wraps gray Be. I just hate that it's it's where it's at with these two. I just think that some of the things that have been exposed and talked about publicly should have never been talked about, especially when talking about Jim and Cam.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's just way too personal. And I don't I just don't think that that's for entertainment. I don't think that they should be beef and for entertainment. I don't believe like how some people online up start to say this is all fake and they're doing this just to you know, I don't. I don't think that that's real. I think that this is a real issue that they have. They've been through this before, seems like they go through this every few years. But I do think that this may be the like the final you know straw where I don't think that we'll be seeing the Dipset reunion anytime No.
Speaker 5: And and to that conspiracy, I wouldn't see the point this time around.
Speaker 3: Jim.
Speaker 5: I think, like we said last episode is the past few years has created a great solo rap career for himself. Cam is doing great on that show. Why would they need that? They don't neither of them need this. Yeah, so I don't know if I'm going that conspiracy all right, but let's let's just just for shits and gigs. How long before we see Jim on it is what it is? I think they make up.
Speaker 4: Elliott was on within what a week and a half.
Speaker 5: I think Cam is so petty that they make up and are cool, and he still never invites him up there because it'd be too good of a look. Yeah, even when they've made up, we've seen how how petty Cam can be, to the point that when they were cool, he even bought the vamp like copyright without Jim even knowing. I don't know it was cool.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I just seem like because Cam is petty, but then he had the petty king up there and they was beefing fifty. So if like Cam and Fifty could sit down and chop it, I don't think he'll do it is what it is.
Speaker 4: I think he'll do come and talk with Flee. That's what I could see.
Speaker 5: I could definitely see that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if I don't know if Jim and and Mace could be in the studio together, yeah, I don't know if it's you know, even though Mace did say h it, try to get them on the phone together so they could squash it. And I love that Mace put that out there, like, let'ten and I'll try to get them to talk, you know, privately before anything went to where it went. You can't make two grown men get on the phone and speak if they don't want to. But the fact that Mace tried that, I love that. But I could see a come and talk with Flea. I can see Jim doing a come and talk with Flee.
Speaker 5: My last rap battle comment. Do you think if Drake does decide to rap, he will call Kendrick Lamar's halftime performance a two B movie. I can see him getting that bar off. Why you have because they're streaming the super Bowl on two What do you mean they're streaming the super Bowl on to how I mean electricity? I assume I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know, so is it? Wait the super Bowl is.
Speaker 1: No, not exclusively.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: I want to be like I didn't know the super Bowl rights to two B.
Speaker 3: I didn't wait wait see what you out?
Speaker 5: Now you pocket watching like I was with Meek. You don't know what I got it? Man, fair, you don't even know this could be a Meek and to Be collab what Fox Fox.
Speaker 3: Owns to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, okay, so that's a good look.
Speaker 3: Give them a little look.
Speaker 5: But I feel like that would be a good jab if for a Drake reply, your halftime show was a two B movie? Like yeah, I mean not that it would really have much validity because it's still the super Bowl, But got to get that ship off.
Speaker 3: I get it. Okay, but okay, I was I was great to go go like wait wait wait wait, because y'all was you know, talking crazy about Beyonce and hell fucking Christmas Netflix performance too be you man? No, But now that this is a Fox, you know, this is one of the Foxes, you know, little homies. It makes sense.
Speaker 4: I see the business. I see the business behind it.
Speaker 1: Shows that get better now, a little bit more high budget.
Speaker 4: What you think I mean, the money is obviously there.
Speaker 5: I think Fox is gonna be yelling to bees from the Bronx. I don't think it's There'll be a split at some point. They trying to put a little homo on. I don't think it's gonna work. Give them a little look and then like hold it over their head. Yeah, like we gave you that look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know how that ship gave you the super Bowl a few weeks away.
Speaker 1: You excited?
Speaker 3: Think's to the super Bowl. I don't know yet, man, I don't know. It's still too it's still too early. Even like obviously, I feel like.
Speaker 5: I want to see the lines injuries like that.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be mad at that. The Detroit gonna go crazy if the Lions go.
Speaker 5: I'd like to see the cities of Detroit or Buffalo finally get there.
Speaker 4: That's like a that's a man super Bowl, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a blue collar yellar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Still them niggas still take they lunch to work.
Speaker 3: They all have the black lung, the black all of them. They don't spend when they get on from work fucking back in the United States. Absolutely, but I'm excited. I might go down in New Orleans.
Speaker 5: I'm still figuring that out, but not to the actual game. You know, it might be in the n streets, you know, give le Angelos.
Speaker 1: Can I come? I've never been to New Orleans.
Speaker 5: I would say this.
Speaker 3: Is a reason why you've never been. This is you might not come back from New Orleans. You might be out there just doing too much.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't really do too much when I go out, but I do. You sat here and almost went crazy.
Speaker 3: Told my New Orleans accents, like it's just something about it, that's about the New Orleans accents.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite.
Speaker 5: Was just in your d MS.
Speaker 4: Homie was just in your d M.
Speaker 5: He got a spot.
Speaker 1: You think he let me borrow without him being there.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He'll be there.
Speaker 1: I'm so I'm so cool.
Speaker 5: There's anywhere he'll be, it'll be It'll be home.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm mad cool on that, actually, but I've never been. I heard they have the best food in the world. That's why I want.
Speaker 5: It's definitely up there. I feel like you should go on for sure super Bowl weekend or like, yeah, I want to do some essence like go do a New Orleans experience by yourself.
Speaker 1: I want to do like a I want to go like do some recent here trying like whodoo and voodoo, like I want to.
Speaker 5: Oh it's there, you can feel it. It's in the air.
Speaker 1: That's that's my type of ship.
Speaker 5: So hm, maybe did they put the new equalizer word queenland Teef on two B because those moves that looked like A.
Speaker 3: Two be special.
Speaker 4: I caught some of some of the Queen the Teeth on either.
Speaker 3: Listen. We love Queen the Teeth man, she's a legend icon, but I just think it's certain roles. We got to be like, all right, man, all.
Speaker 5: Right, where do we where do we rank this? With keV Hart's handgun display at the end of that movie versus Queen of Teeth for whooping three guys ass with the scarfs in a project lobby with a scarf at that Where did the scarf get that much weight?
Speaker 3: Rock?
Speaker 1: And that ship Now it's like lightweight. So you could just like kind of like remember what we used to take the.
Speaker 5: Five grown men?
Speaker 3: Those are like four grown men or that were really trying to hurt her though, like that's that scarf is that cash Meal wasn't supposed to do all of that.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like in movies sometimes they already know what this scene is going to do and do it for viral purposes. Probably when they shot this, no one was sitting there like this is going to be one of those fighting scenes that like Jetly did, Everyone's be like this is hilarious that Queen Latifa is beating up five men with a score and one of them ran away and Mike Eppsen is laughing in the front seat.
Speaker 1: Well not everybody, though, because if you're casting Queen Latifa in the movie, the demographic you're trying to get will believe the scarf thing.
Speaker 5: We've seen her whoop ass in movies, don't get me wrong, but this is a.
Speaker 3: Different You don't think this this this show is trying to target my demographic.
Speaker 1: You're demographic? No, I think your mom. I think they want you.
Speaker 4: They absolutely targeted me. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: I think they want you?
Speaker 3: Are you crazy?
Speaker 5: You feel targeted?
Speaker 3: Yes? And I don't believe none of this scene.
Speaker 1: Why do you feel targeted? Why would you think they were trying to get you a female equalizer? That's what was somebody with a scarf. They use Queen Latifa. Why do you think that you're the demographic?
Speaker 3: Because I'm gonna just go out on the women say that the age that Queen Latifa's portrayed in this may be age, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But demographic is more than age. Demographic is more than age.
Speaker 4: Like the cast maybe, like, what are we talking about here?
Speaker 3: But this is absolutely thirty five to thirty five plus year olds. This is this equalized. The show is definitely targeted.
Speaker 1: Demographic age' that's one thing that's It's more than just age. It's race, it's lifestyle and the streets gender more than anything. They put it a You think they put Queen Latifa as a female equalizer for you, for men. That was not for men that were women.
Speaker 3: All right, So you think any girl that I grew up with on my block is going to see this and believe this scene.
Speaker 1: No, it's not about believing the scene. I'm talking about purely who who the demographic of this is for. Okay, I don't even think that girls that grew up on your block. Again, I don't think that's the demographic. I think the demographic is your mother. That's who I think the demographic.
Speaker 3: I think you think the old.
Speaker 1: I think women, older women are power.
Speaker 4: You think they targeted seventy year old women this show.
Speaker 1: Yes, seventy sixty and fifty year old women. Yes, I think that that's the demographic. I mean, I don't those are a Queen Latifa fans.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, like.
Speaker 1: I'm crazy.
Speaker 3: If you think the Equalizer A targeting sixty and seventy old people, You're crazy. Okay, absolutely.
Speaker 5: I mean the main one is probably thirties and forties, but I'm sure they'd like to.
Speaker 1: Like what I think you think the fifties. I think forties and fifties.
Speaker 3: I just said that.
Speaker 1: But no, you said your age, he's forty. I can forget that time.
Speaker 3: What was I talking about it? Why y'all? Okay, y'all trying to make you sound crazy all the time.
Speaker 1: Don't you don't act your age? This is for old. When I think of this, I'm thinking about older people at all.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking older people, older people like ma.
Speaker 5: Sure just let us slide.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's not much. I told you twenty five all lives. I'm listening to it.
Speaker 5: You know, act your ages.
Speaker 1: When I say you don't act his age. I'm not saying he acts childish. I'm saying what he does for a living in the type of like what you do for a living, and the type of shit that you watch that's not your like, that's not your age.
Speaker 4: G podcasting, you think Joe Rogan is not older than me?
Speaker 1: Sure, but.
Speaker 3: You think so? Do you think? All right?
Speaker 4: Because we could keep going, I can keep prove wrong, but I'm not.
Speaker 5: Do you Do you think Equalizer and Joe Rogan are trying to target the same people.
Speaker 3: Joe Rogan is not trying to target who the Egalizers trying to.
Speaker 5: Why isn't Joe Rogan in the Equalizer? If Queen Lativa beat up Joe Rogan at this scene, you have my twelve ninety nine, I'm going to theirs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not even streaming. I might need to see you. I might need to see the second part of this fight. I might like when he get his get back, when he got the scoff. I want to see what Joe he the scoff wrapped around his arm and he pulled that shit away from me.
Speaker 5: No, he hops out of an ayahuasca tank with this car taking.
Speaker 3: A cold plunge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I want to see.
Speaker 5: I mean, all these fight scenes we don't fully believe until I saw this other clip. Can you pull up that link under the Queen la Tea for ship? Yeah, I got you, mall, this is not a movie set. That guy did that in real life. Imagine you chilling at the mall and that happens.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: That's a real life fighting scene for sure. Maybe Queen Latifa could do that shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's crazy. If that's not a movie set, getting that off in real life is crazy.
Speaker 5: What's the shit someone bio on them do when they jump up and do it's like their versus triple axle, Like, what's that spin called? He did that shit with another man's neck between his thighs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now he knows something. He knows something.
Speaker 3: He's been studying.
Speaker 5: Stick got guys with riot shields and weapons that are terrified. He came in raw dog.
Speaker 3: And did that shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's been training, even paying attention.
Speaker 5: Yo, I saw the funniest trend. I hope TikTok does not end this trend. In the Houston Gallery of Mall, there are people faking proposals and then go into full blown WWE fighting scenes like they'll stop in the food court to set.
Speaker 3: Up this whole flash dance. This is this is.
Speaker 5: W w E flash dance. Everyone looks, oh my god, a proposal and then it gets into a full blown fucking rock.
Speaker 3: But this is all for TikTok, right, so all this type of shit is over.
Speaker 1: Well, this is a professional wrestler that did this too.
Speaker 5: Oh ma, you know how many times I've been to the gallery of food court. Why does doesn't this happen to me in real life?
Speaker 3: Look at the I want to be eating. He crawled out of the frame.
Speaker 1: Yo. I never watched the whole clip. This is fucking hilarious because it really is like wrestling.
Speaker 5: And then you don't even know who side she on because it was pitched as baby father interrupts proposal with new boyfriend. She beats up the new boyfriend too, Yeah.
Speaker 1: New boyfriend, baby fret father. Let me beat my baby father. As you don't.
Speaker 3: The other girl was just standing on the table waiting for him to come over. There this gentleman is trying to is waiting for his wife to finish trying on his shoes. Yo.
Speaker 5: When I tell you, do we know? Is this like a group do they have like their own page. I would train for months to have the opportunity to be a part of this.
Speaker 1: Well, they're professional wrestler, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: This would be a dream for me if they took me under their wing. I want to do like the American dream in Jersey, Like I'll train for safety.
Speaker 3: This would be the.
Speaker 1: Cops to get you out of here so quickly and O for two for proposals. You good with like your hips and like your like legs, like that, like your thighs.
Speaker 5: I would train. They're not what they used to when I That's not what I asked.
Speaker 1: I asked, are you good now?
Speaker 3: Like I never people do this message No, no, that means they can't.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, old football injury, old track injury.
Speaker 3: But you know I was all the time and I would have would.
Speaker 5: Have been in the league. But I think one of those easier moves I could be a part of.
Speaker 4: What's the easy one to jump off the table?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and like throw me into a ballpit or something.
Speaker 4: Ball pit the middle of the middle of an escalator, eating a ball pit.
Speaker 5: They have that the American dream. They have everything?
Speaker 3: All right, Baby, did we got any voicemails.
Speaker 1: You've got mail, yes, we only have. So this is the thing, y'all, when y'all are sending voicemails, you have a minute in thirty seconds. Please tell that entire story in a minute in thirty seconds. I'm not playing a seven minute voicemail on this episode. Yeah, No, that's we definitely not doing We're not doing that. I need I need y'all to get it off in a minute in thirty seconds. Okay, that's number one. Number two more people need to leave voicemails, y'all have to, and don't call asking stupid. There's a couple of them I have to skip because y'all in here asking stupid questions. Asking questions, y'all know we are going to give you answer to Just call ask our advice and we'll give it to you. But yes, I do have one that fits the bill. So you guys ready, Hey.
Speaker 6: This is king. I think my question for y'all is really just what is some of your favorite fashion brands right now? And what are some of your favorite fashion trends that you've either observed or you've partaked in the past or current?
Speaker 3: Yess it?
Speaker 4: Current fashion trends?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that we like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like red boots, big red boots.
Speaker 5: That's what would you have done if I showed up to the pot wheels boots on left.
Speaker 4: I just look at you and laugh same way.
Speaker 5: But I wasn't trolling, Like I came in, but I had that ship on.
Speaker 1: You come in here all the time. Think you got that ship on? We know this pot with you? No, I don't.
Speaker 5: What if I come in and like you see my drip?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got that ship on today?
Speaker 5: I wear fucking earth tones.
Speaker 3: What about the current fashion trends right now? I don't even know if I know what the current fashion trends.
Speaker 1: I only know for women. I don't know for men. For women, uh many many shorts are back in, Like shorts look like panties.
Speaker 3: When did they leave? Nah, women have been naked for the last it's different.
Speaker 5: Can we bring sun dresses just back?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: I wasn't even mad when all the chicks were dressing like Swat Team members that summer.
Speaker 1: But like you talked mad ship that summer, what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: You were asses looked great. It was just hilarious like Swat.
Speaker 1: Team, Like the one pieces like body suits that like had cuffed like underwear like banthing suits almost or the full body suits where it's like racer kind.
Speaker 5: Of sound was funny. But they were putting on like vests over those body suits, and I'm like, all right, sealed team six, we didn't.
Speaker 1: Call you, So I think that's cute.
Speaker 3: I don't know any current fashion trends all. I guess the shisties, y'all can give rid of that. That's just for safety. Everybody just being dressed and having on the ski mask is like.
Speaker 1: It's says on it today And I thought about putting on a shisty. It was cold as fucking you. In New York, we're shisty.
Speaker 5: But in the summertime, Like you can't ban hoverboards and not band shisties in the summer, Like what you're wearing that for? Except for crime? But the trend of your kids, I feel like, are all wearing hot topic pants now?
Speaker 3: Big pants? Yeah, yeah, parachute pants.
Speaker 5: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, I get it. I'm not mad at I mean, everything has this when we was growing up. But when I was growing up, big pants was in. That was a thing, Like, so I see how everything comes back, big baggy jeans, wide leg, flare bottom with they dragging on the floor, you can't even see your boot. All of that is back Like, I'm not really a fan of that, but I understand that. I get it.
Speaker 5: Do we think with the baggy pant trend? This has been my ignorant observation because I don't really be outside or be on fucking blogs for fashion. I feel like sneaker culture has dipped a little bit because all the trendy kids that wear sneakerheads are wearing baggy clothes that don't even really show the sneaker, and everyone's wearing big ass boots so they can go with their baggy shit. Yeah, I walked past the Supreme store. I don't see the lines that used to be. And I could be completely wrong. It could be skyrocketing. Well, I know observation in my bubble. I feel like the sneaker collector sneakerhead shit has died down a bit.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's died down to I feel like that's a Nike has a lot to do with that. Though.
Speaker 5: With skinny jeans, you needed the fucking high top sneaker and that was the piece. Now it's the pants. Yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Nike made shit so hard with the Nike dot remember the fucking Nike dot Com app and trying to get drops and sneakers became too exclusive, and like when you make something too exclusive, motherfuckers don't want it because they don't even try to shop for it. They know they're not going to get it. So many people that got the cool sneakers are sneaker heads now.
Speaker 3: But the resale game is dying though, Like, yeah, shoes are sitting like Jordan's are sitting in the stores now, like and that's when you start seeing that happen. It's like, okay, like that resale shit, people buying a bunch of them shits.
Speaker 4: Just that's over with people not even wearing them.
Speaker 3: Sh It's harder to get like new balances and fucking you know shit like that now, like collapsed sneakers with local artists. It's harder to get those sneakers than it is to get a pair of Jordan's now. Like, I don't know the fashion world is, you know, it's tricky. It has ups and downs. Especially we just told about streetwear and things like that. A lot of brands come and go.
Speaker 1: Do you have any streetwear brands that you're willing to because I know certain shit you're not willing to shout out because they ain't paying you. But they did ask like, are there any brands that like you really fuck with, either new or upcoming or ones you're loyal to because people care about the way that you're dressed. I don't know why, but they do.
Speaker 5: I got that shit on he was hating.
Speaker 3: Before streetwear brand. I mean shouts my people at godspeed, those my guys. I mean that's still supreme depending on what it is. But outside of that, I don't really jump too much into streetway like that anymore.
Speaker 5: Like y'all don't feel like it's been kind of a open disrespect to my face that I haven't been in a campaign yet. Yeah, in the beginning, it was like, I get it, I'm not that pop and whatever.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 5: I think it's personal now seeing people that like humbly because I don't. I really don't think I'm famous, zeless, celebrity of anything. People have way more following me, but i'd be seeing some people that one are uglier than me and have less followers. Person like this is they sit in their creative meeting and are like, all right, remember no Rory this campaign. That's the first one no one in the marketing team ever suggest that.
Speaker 3: Sor right.
Speaker 4: We just make our own ship. That's how we get around that.
Speaker 1: Y'all can make some cool ship.
Speaker 4: I see that now.
Speaker 3: You know what, she don't get no packages just because she said we ain't making no ame watch.
Speaker 4: You know she would be.
Speaker 3: The first one. I need that. Nah nah yo.
Speaker 5: Ame is my my favorite brand, and I think people have known that for now. Like every photo or pod, I'm wearing some type of Ame. I'm happy with their success. The new store. They are investors light years above from when I started wearing it, and that being like the local queen shop. I knew all the employees. I walk in. Now I feel real disrespected. I certain you have an appointment. Oh there's a line they put me with the common folk, like, no, I was here with the first T shirt.
Speaker 3: I'll go back to that time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm starting to become that person, like not the dude, you know who I am. But they even when they had the older store and the lines would get crazy, they were doing exclusive drops. I knew all the people there because I've been shopping there since they opened it. And oh, come on, come on, I'm still paying They're not give me no free shit. I'm a paying customer, but now they just look at me like who go into the line with the tourists.
Speaker 4: Got it's cold, go get a coffee and stand outside.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then like you know they have because you have an account there when I go check out and they can see how much business I've had, I look at him right in the eyes, like you made me wait forty minutes to come in here, and you.
Speaker 3: Are such a carrot he is.
Speaker 1: It's bad. It's bad.
Speaker 3: I think it's gotten worse as you had a daughter. It's I don't know if you know.
Speaker 5: It's let me ask you this. This is a good this is a good conversation. Yes, I agree. I do have my Karen moments for sure, not denying that is that Karen shit, though, if you have supported sense to be getting supported, Yes, for free, I have promoted it.
Speaker 3: Listen, No, because I think is free. I think you misunderstand what I'm saying. Yes, it is karras shit, but I also agree with it. Okay, all right, cool, Yeah, I'm not here in his way here, I'm not notching what you're doing. I'm just laughing when I see you go through like that is such carras shit. But I'm with you on that. I feel like you can see my spinning history. Look me in my eye when you look up from that. Mama too, like, yeah, it look me in my eyes. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I'm not mad because you know, they got a whole new staff and a lot of the people that worked at Ame now are like in the executive level, Like they're not the cashiers or the salesman anymore. They have like roles now that are way higher because they've been with the company. Yeah, it's just a new breath that has no idea who the fuck I am, which is fine, but it is insulting to my ego, right, which gets me on my parent should I should have been shopping online during COVID, I should have been outside showing face meet meeting the new employees.
Speaker 1: Bumping bumping shoulders. I was about to say, bumping bumping shoulders.
Speaker 5: Right, and that boys, that shit embarrassing when you're with out of towners too, because you know, I'm a store for the most part, just in New York. At one point, they didn't have them everywhere, so you get people from LA out of town. Yo, I gotta go to Ame, like I want to go to the store. Yeah, I got youa lying around the corner, new employee, trying to bring emotional oranges in there. I'm all the confidence, like, come on, mass that's my store, of course, sir, there's an hour await Oh I know.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: And when Rory has people with him and he gets like embarrassed and like fluster his faces red.
Speaker 3: Oh he gonna call that's what they call. That's when they call the cops.
Speaker 5: It's not embarrassment, it's shit. I'm responsible for these people experience. Yeah, and now I'm sucking it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I feel you on that.
Speaker 1: I hate that. That's the most embarrassing thing. Like if I if I can turn around somewhere, if I can turned around somewhere, it's just me, nobody, you know. If a tear falls, nobody's around the here. I didn't really cry, but if people are with me, it's like and then when they be like no, it's cool, like we could wait, Oh my heart, you in the club, the girls to the club and they like, you ain't on a list.
Speaker 3: They be like, no, we're not letting nobody in right now. So you stand to the side and waiting, and they let five people walk right in.
Speaker 5: Then you gotta lie else a new door man like and then.
Speaker 3: The people you got what you start whispering to each other like you don't even know what they're talking about, your.
Speaker 5: Dumb ass, just standing there with the phone in their.
Speaker 3: Acting like you texted somebody calling somebody like you ain't nobody coming outside.
Speaker 5: This And then and then the person that was gonna get you in doesn't answer. So now they watch you get denied, and they watched no one pick your call up. It's girls there in dresses. It's cold out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's when you go to the go to Like I heard his lighting there anyway, it's lighting it anyway, Like.
Speaker 1: Listen now he just texted me tell me ship dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was like, yeah that it ain't even work. We're gonna go to this other spot.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 5: You gotta go the fire marshal on your way up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Fuck this whole party up, Fuck that ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because alone, Like even the last time I went to the store, there was a way and I didn't know the person on the front. I was like, I just keep walking to the train and buy online. If I was with y'all, Oh, I'm throwing a fit one hundred percent. But yeah, I don't really.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not with the fashion trends. I really couldn't tell you.
Speaker 5: Where would you like?
Speaker 4: Where would you like? Where your ship?
Speaker 3: I'm like than that. You're even if you are a big sneakerhead collector, where your sneakers? Because you're just keeping them in boxes in the closet, they gonna fucking break in the half next time you try to put them on. Were your ship? Like, I'm at that point. Whatever you got, I don't kid that that's a collector's addition, and wear it. That's my that's my advice. Weird Ship, whatever you like to wear, however you like to wear it, just wear There's no rules in the moment.
Speaker 4: It was never no rules in fashion. That was part of fashion. But Weird however you want to wear, Well, this was fun.
Speaker 5: We will be back very very soon. Yes for leave demerits. You don't think I got the drip on right now?
Speaker 1: You got like, I mean, you look liker.
Speaker 3: You look a good substitute teacher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the cool substitute.
Speaker 3: Keep the sneakers in case of fight breakout. You know what I'm saying. You got to be able to move with a fight. Breakout of that.
Speaker 5: She just not liked us me he do.
Speaker 1: The young girls would want to fuck like, oh I would Yeah, can you look like that? Or the young professor, like the young professor out of university. You not ten yure yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like you said, yeah yeah, yeah, like I know, I know exactly what I got you I Got's.
Speaker 5: Get out of here before I get any more accusations.
Speaker 3: Be safe, be blessed, to have a great week, and we'll talk to y'all soon. I'm that nigga. He's just ginger peace.
Speaker 1: No,