Speaker 1: What's popping Congregation is your girl? Lacey Mosley aka Scam Goddess.
Speaker 2: Welcome to an episode of Fraud Fridays, where we release older episodes from the Scam Goddess vault. That's right, Fraud Fridays is where we bring back your favorite episodes.
Speaker 3: From behind the paywall.
Speaker 1: Enjoy this episode from behind the paywall, and as always, stay scheming.
Speaker 4: Scam, come.
Speaker 1: Right, fro.
Speaker 3: Scam come.
Speaker 4: Right from.
Speaker 3: Goddess.
Speaker 1: What's popping Congregation, it's your girl. Lacey Mosley aka Scam Goddess. Welcome back to another episode of Scam Goddess. The podcast all about robbery, fraud, and those who practices. Sometimes we love them, sometimes we ate them. We'll see along the way. Congress, y'all know what I am. You know what it is. I'm very yes excited, elateen for today.
Speaker 3: Guess what's a get y'all?
Speaker 1: Today we have an amazing stand up comedian, actor and the host of Netflix Drink Masters. Check out his first action movie check Her Warning, coming out soon on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Congregation. Please welcome Tom Bell to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey, no beautiful, thank you, because they gonna hear the edituniversity, so they're not even gonna.
Speaker 5: Know, well done, well done. Now that takes one was beautiful turn.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know this, but we've run into each other a couple of times, and you know a couple.
Speaker 3: It's Erica and I.
Speaker 1: Can't remember her husband name right now, but he bawled anyway, they love you and told me about you years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, don't even try.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, don't get and don't get me in trouble.
Speaker 3: I won't.
Speaker 1: I went to Vegas with my mom my dad, and they're like a part of the friend group, and so I was literally at cabanas and bottle service with my mom and my dad.
Speaker 5: It was I mean, first of all, that's pretty dope, Like my mom would kick it like that. My dad would be like, it is loud out here, and I mean also he kind of a creek now he don't know he's not staring.
Speaker 3: I was wondering where you were going with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, you do get to a certain age where you just you get the freedom to just stare at people, Like old people, they will stare at you and then you look at them in they eye and they'll be like, no, I'm still staring.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Okay, you ever noticed them dudes?
Speaker 5: Like I would see it occasionally because like I would see them old dudes when like the remember the watches you just have the cameras on them, you know what I'm talking about, Like like five years ago they hit like the smart watch with the camera on it, and so you see a bunch of dudes like over sixty just like acting like they're looking for something, but they just doing like eyes up.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 5: Oh man, my god, oh man, I see it all the time. It's like, bro, bro, you gotta get cleaner about that.
Speaker 1: That sounds like some technology people were just like I don't know what to make people think this is different with a camera, because that's what you need on your watch.
Speaker 4: Don't nobody need that? Don't nobody need a camera on the watch? James Bonds, Right, I ain't back.
Speaker 1: No PI for the for that rest, Like, what are we doing? I don't need those spy kids ask technology on my watch? Just tail time, maybe some texts.
Speaker 3: That's it. No, that's so funny. So tone.
Speaker 1: On this podcast, we always ask our guests what's your relationship with scams?
Speaker 3: Do you love them?
Speaker 1: Do you hate them? Have you ever been scammed? Have you ever run some scams that are outside of statute of limitations.
Speaker 3: It could be anything.
Speaker 5: Hated when it happens to me, love it when it's a low level crime and people get away with it. And yes, I used to have a in my former life decades ago. I uh, you know, I had some things going. I mean I would call it being a thief feeling. But uh but yeah, I'm a different person now and now I have things to lose, so I don't take from anyone else. But yeah, I used to get away with some stuff back in the day. And then I have been scammed. Yes, I have been scammed. Well I won't say scam, but I have almost fallen for something that I thought was that definitely wasn't scam.
Speaker 4: Scoop.
Speaker 3: Wait, what was it?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: Some check out dated back in college. Out of nowhere, it hit me saying she was in Africa and she needed me to Western Union of some money. And I didn't know this thing was going around. Do you remember when I was going around back in the day of like, ye, like, I need two thousand dollars because I can't get my flight back, so can you Western Union me the money?
Speaker 4: And I was like I said, oh ship, Vicky's in trouble and she's gonna called me a year, so I know it's got to be I mean, and I I'm out here calling Western Union, like, yo, I don't have it in cash, but I can take this credit card I'm good for and it like we don't, sir, we don't do credit and who is this for? And I was like, y'all don't have this number, and they're like, yeah, but it's not attaching no VICKI. And I was like, so then I just hit on like Facebook. I think Facebook was still popping at the time. Facebook, and it might have been my Space.
Speaker 3: Then you must have been a batting.
Speaker 1: You weren't even with Vicky anymore, and you're on the phone, like Liam Neeson from taking trying to save.
Speaker 3: Her from Africa.
Speaker 1: We had a very much general Africa.
Speaker 4: Africa was no country, no city.
Speaker 3: I was like, yo, we gotta got no continent.
Speaker 5: We got a fine VICKI, y'all. But we had a very mature operation from how things dissolved in college.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like that.
Speaker 1: See, y'all, y'all have to have amical breakups so that you can call up your ex and be like, I need two thousand dollars to get out of General Africa.
Speaker 5: And then and I was like, after we talked, and she was like, no, I'm in Houston. What you talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It was it was so I don't fall for that ship no more. But you got to send me. You want to get money from me, you have to send me a bill. I need to know where it came from. I need to see the bill. That's how I send money.
Speaker 4: Now if I'm I love that.
Speaker 1: What Now did they contact you through email? Was it a text message?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: How did the skimmer pretending email?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Because I had the logo, they had their email, they had the logo and all that, the logo, the Western Union logo.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know you could PayPal requests on Western Union, like to send people a link. That's different. Also very funny to be told that you were gonna put her life saving on credit. You were like, yeah, between four cards.
Speaker 4: What I was going through. I was like, I ain't got it, but I can get it.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're a good friend.
Speaker 4: I'm a great friend. I'm a great friend.
Speaker 1: If you get an email from my email just saying I'm stuck in General Africa, you know, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I know you got money, so go ahead. In the Senatic cash.
Speaker 5: General Africa is so funny, by the way, not even a coach they did have a coach in it.
Speaker 1: No, not a zip code, not nothing. How what airport are you flying out of? Sins bro Bro I was, and flight's changed depending on what airport you're at. So if you're just in General Africa, like it's different to fly from Egypt than it is to fly from South Africa.
Speaker 3: I'm confused.
Speaker 5: I never thought about it to just now, but like, she must have been good to me because there's some other people that could have called him to Like.
Speaker 4: She's just gonna have to be in Africa.
Speaker 3: She's gonna have to stay in whatever country she.
Speaker 4: Had to just stay in Africa. Ain't it didn't go well the first time? Why would I bring her back?
Speaker 3: It's like, it's probably good for me that she's not in the country no more.
Speaker 1: This is probably she could get a job over there and play of thriving countries in Africa.
Speaker 3: She're gonna do well.
Speaker 4: I would answer to collect car from big but let that go to Voice Metal.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you would have you would have kept the LaToya in the Friday night booking so over.
Speaker 4: The weekend she was a talker. She'd got out of it.
Speaker 3: I love that for both of us.
Speaker 4: Scam go.
Speaker 1: And it's time for What's Hot and frid This is where we warn our listeners about popping scams and the zeitgeist. More often than not these days, we get a little letter from you all as always snitch on your friends, your family, LaToya, your enemies at scam got his pot at gmail dot com. Just make sure the scams retired. So retired so we don't what yes, suck up your bag? Amen, So Tom, I need a fake.
Speaker 3: Name from you. We don't care about gender. It could be anything.
Speaker 4: Lazarus, Samuels, Lazarus now.
Speaker 3: From the butt love it.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, he don't get love. Last Last Samuels.
Speaker 3: I feel like Lazarus wasn't a great due Last Last. I love Lazarus.
Speaker 4: Last Simpson. Let's go.
Speaker 3: It's Simpson. That's fairy.
Speaker 5: I don't understand show, Okay, Last Simpson. Doesn't he sound like he's sounds like somebody will pick your pocket, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: Last sounds sketchy as hell. I don't think if I ever met a Last Simpson that I would you know, do any business engagements with them. It's just like the name Matthew, like every matt is a scam, Like y'all not getting me.
Speaker 4: You don't trust no Matthews.
Speaker 3: Too many of y'all. Too many of y'all.
Speaker 5: I feel like Last Simpson. Somebody who say last and then say his whole name, last, Last Simpson.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: It almost gives me sportscaster, like a retired football player, and we have Last Simpson hall the field.
Speaker 4: It's been a lot of time since we've seen Last Simpson.
Speaker 1: Loved this for us. That reminds me of Best Man Holiday. And the only reason I bring this up is have you seen it.
Speaker 4: The TV show? Oh no, we're talking.
Speaker 1: About the what's it called The Best Best Man? But it's TV show. I don't know the name, but they had they have More Chestnuts forty five year old self returning to the NFL as a ruck and everybody was like what man?
Speaker 5: Enough people to talk about that, because I definitely have not watched it as on my cue, but yeah, that's that should have been trended.
Speaker 4: I did not see that.
Speaker 3: That's a plot.
Speaker 1: Hold Like, come on, now, he could maybe come back as a quarterback, like try to do a Tom Britten.
Speaker 4: No, forty five.
Speaker 5: You can't do nothing at forty five. You leave not off that long. You gotta be you gotta come right back. You gotta come right right.
Speaker 3: You got to come back as a water boy.
Speaker 5: I mean training in the summer, being like I think I changed my mind. That's not taking six eight seasons a decade off and then coming back and be like I still.
Speaker 1: Got it, and they trying to make it like, oh he looks great out there, and look, this is not ages. Okay, this is just what happens to your body, and you definitely can't go back to the NFL at forty five. I was very confusion, but we just let it rock, okay, because nostalgia.
Speaker 3: It was tasty.
Speaker 1: So last Simpson says, I'm a wedding photographer in Utica, New York. Last week I received a message from a bride whose wedding I second shot last summer, meaning I worked freelance for another photographer. The photographer who the primary photographer or photography vendor for this woman is refusing to give her her wedding photos.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I picked this because I've heard of fake wedding photographers who are like yeah, yeah, I'm gonna shoot you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me my.
Speaker 1: Deposit, and then I'm gonna pull up on your special day and I'm gonna flick it up. We're gonna get photos of everything, your your something, borrow your something new, your something blue. Hell, we get your toes, we get your ankle bracelet, like whatever you're want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they just don't come.
Speaker 4: Oh, didn't even show up.
Speaker 3: Yes, Like that's the normal scam that I've heard of.
Speaker 1: But I've never heard of somebody coming to the wedding taking all the photos and.
Speaker 3: Then be like you can't have them.
Speaker 4: See I have heard that, though you have.
Speaker 3: Are you berried?
Speaker 4: No? Oh, I've seen that twice. Like, never got the photos showed up. Eight, definitely eight.
Speaker 5: They had a meal, dance, open bar, drink, no photos, no photos been there for them.
Speaker 1: I feel like I would know I wasn't getting photos if the wedding photographer is over here having a full plate, you know, a fish or a chicken option and they're drinking at the bar.
Speaker 3: Bro you are at work, You're supposed to be taking photos of people. What you mean you over here?
Speaker 1: Let me get three shots of cosme goes. You are the wedding photographer.
Speaker 5: Just wearing three cameras but not shooting none of them.
Speaker 1: Just in got you see the wedding photographer doing the electric slide, bro, you're supposed to be taking pictures of that.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: You got a piece of a sparragus, He got a spear in one hand and then he just like got you got him right.
Speaker 1: I do not want to see the wedding photographer at the bouquet toss like, let me get I want to get married next. You're not gonna be a part of this. You aren't supposed to be on the periphery. We shouldn't really noticed you. You should be taking photos of our happy moment, not you all in it.
Speaker 5: That's too much, but like that's it's better now because at least you know people you know got photos. If somebody skimming like fifteen years ago anything that shit, then you just you out of there unless you got.
Speaker 4: It like that.
Speaker 3: You got a kode actor. I love that. We don't even know what it's called. Honestly, you gotta get divorced.
Speaker 1: If you don't have no footage from your wedding, what are you gonna look back on when you're like, oh, you let this dirty draws in the bathroom again, like what are you gonna remin this sun and keep you in love if they don't have those photos.
Speaker 4: Cause you gotta have you gotta have that photo on.
Speaker 5: Like even when you mad, you gotta you gotta walk past it to be like this, why I'm minute, this, why I'm in, this, why I'm in.
Speaker 4: But remember that. But that's the thing, Like you gotta before they leave.
Speaker 5: You hire a photographer before they leave, Like give me a copy or the raw images before you leave, before you start touching up.
Speaker 1: So at least I got to back up, right, because you can send them to anybody to get them touched up. Let this be a lesson because the weddingghy. This is not the first time I heard of wedding photography scams. It's the first time I've heard of them doing the job. But then just saying you can't have it, which is wild. It's like getting in an uber and like you're like, oh, it's right here, and they're like, now I'm gonna keep driving out.
Speaker 4: I need to run by the house. Work man, we are not going by your house.
Speaker 3: We are not two seconds. I'm gonna stop it.
Speaker 1: In it out because like I guess the food for my kids, and then I'm gonna drop it off at the house and then I'm ana swerve back.
Speaker 3: I'm a flip a BNU to get.
Speaker 4: You over there. I'll admit this.
Speaker 5: I worked at a drug store in high school, and me and the dude that worked the photo department had a scam going.
Speaker 4: Where we would do. I told you I haven't always lived his life, and I love this for you. I didn't always.
Speaker 5: I didn't always live this, you know, very stable above board life, you know, like especially like when you come in and bring your little camera rolls right form a wedding. People bringing me in, I mean they got eight, ten, twenty rolls, and then so we'd already go all right, we're gonna print these free, will take out all the dummy with all the bad ones, and then all the good ones will throw in there, and it'd be like, I don't know, three four hundreds worth of photos and we straight up just go look, man, come back seven o'clock on Sunday. We got all your photos, Go pick out some frames, bring them up here. We put a whole box together, and then give us two fifty cash and then you.
Speaker 4: Get all the shit you want. I love that.
Speaker 3: That's scamming big corporations. They've been scamming us.
Speaker 4: I'm not bad. Yeah, I don't take from the I'm robinhood. We don't take from the little guys. I love that.
Speaker 1: That's we were all about in this podcast. I also loved like seeing Hustleman at the twenty four hour photo.
Speaker 3: Like, hey man, just seven o'clock, come back, have cash be discreeted it.
Speaker 1: Put it in a picture frame. Put it in the picture frame right below the eight x ten with the white people and a dog. Put it in there and it slid it over.
Speaker 4: We was out here getting catch catch because.
Speaker 1: Those photos are not worth what they're charging for them anyway, so everybody wins, they discount.
Speaker 5: That's actually when I've seen my first when I was working the photo department, that's when I seen my first news selfies.
Speaker 1: See, that's what I always thought about, and I saw there is like a movie many sweet for hour photo or something like that, where they do develop like what y'all were bowld back in the day, Like y'all wanted news so bad before smartphones that you were like, I gotta get these developed and then put them in the mail, not mail newds.
Speaker 3: Like y'all got stamps.
Speaker 5: I made for But you'd be like you fifteen six team working at the drug store, so you and then when the person that come pick them up, you'd be like, here you go, ma'am, ma'am, here you go.
Speaker 1: Also, taking news on a disposable camera is hilarious to me because you have no idea if you really got the shot, Like if you're doing it on your cell phone, you can look and be like, oh, let me turn my body to the left or whatever.
Speaker 3: But if you do not disposable camera, you don't even.
Speaker 4: Know what you took. That's that's like waiting on the real results. You like, I gotta wait five days.
Speaker 3: To see if my nudes go clear, and then I got to take my news to usps.
Speaker 4: You got new You ever got nuds? You ever got nudes in the mail?
Speaker 3: I have not received any nudes in the mail?
Speaker 4: No, I have not, have you, well, one out of two of us has yet one out of two.
Speaker 1: Y'all have to do the math to figure it out who it is. But so god, so were they in like a regular letter?
Speaker 3: Was it fed eggs? Wow?
Speaker 5: With the sticky pages, with the sticky pages where you put them. It was captioned with like a written caption caption.
Speaker 3: That's a coffee table book.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was straight up blue.
Speaker 5: It was blue with the gold trim and it was it was like you could flip through and went from uh, it went from clothed to but nick wow.
Speaker 1: And there's some intrigue to it because it's like we're starting with the clothes on and then slowly.
Speaker 3: That's that's art.
Speaker 4: Very good storyteller. She was.
Speaker 3: Love that for her, Love that for her. What's a dedication? Okay, right? She got some star stickers in there. It was yard. It was a little yard around the titties on one.
Speaker 5: You bullshit, that's what it looked like. It was all kinds of stuff in there. The effort was real.
Speaker 3: Going to joe Anees Fabrics to send news is wild.
Speaker 4: That's wild.
Speaker 3: She was like, wait, where do y'all keep the photo album? Okay? Great? And then where is the glitter glue? Thank you so much. That's wild. That's wild to you. You really got them out here. I love that for you.
Speaker 4: Life.
Speaker 3: This my moldment listen delivered, delivered. We all have a pass and I love it. So for the primary photographer was refusing to give the wedding photos.
Speaker 1: After two weeks of correspondence with the bride, we found that there are sixteen in all caps brides that she knows that who have not received their wedding photos dating back to twenty nineteen. The brides who do get their photos back had to fight tooth and nail, and even then only got about.
Speaker 3: Forty preview shots.
Speaker 1: So there were some brides who popped the trunk on the photographer and were like, listen, aluminum bats are very cheap online, and we come in.
Speaker 4: You gotta pull up. You gotta pull up on them. You got to pull up on them.
Speaker 3: Got a bridezilla, I mean, you got to brute somebody.
Speaker 5: You probably had to contact somebody else who's about to have a wedding, who they just hired to pull up on somebody else wedding that's not at the gas station. You pull up at somebody else's wet. Yes, you ruined somebody with your photos.
Speaker 3: I feel like they were probably stalking this person.
Speaker 1: They go to the place of business and studio and then they follow them to the game stations and when they got the pump in the car, they're like, bitch, they sitting there with a match like, let's I'm gonna like this whole bitch on fire if you don't give me my nuptial photos like that right now?
Speaker 5: Was that Jar Butler movie? Were like the police wouldn't done. So he's like, I'm gonna go find it myself. You try to call and he's like, I'm gonna time. I'm gonna take matters into my own hands. And then you just going out and you become somebody that you're not even like, you don't even think you was gonna beat this person.
Speaker 4: You kicking down doors with my fucking photos.
Speaker 3: Everybody on the ground. If somebody get the USB drive right now where your sim cars? Just taking all of them. So last simstances.
Speaker 1: I'm in a group with about five brides at the moment and they have a similar story. The clients wait the time stated in the contract before they start asking for their photos, and then they start reaching out for an Eta. She continues to put put it off, making various excuses such as she's busy with high profile magazine shoots, a brand new studio, her key, and sudden mysterious medical issues. So she was like, I'm sick. Also, I'm shooting for Vogue. Also, I got babies, and so I can't give you your what.
Speaker 4: I got a question. I got a question.
Speaker 5: Do you think that this person, this photographer, let's say, let's let's start the beginning wedding number one. I have a question about this, not the first wedding in the story, but this photographer's first wedding. Do you think this person happened upon a camera and was like, Ooh, I'm gonna shoot weddings right and then yeah, throughout these weddings, it wasn't that they didn't have the photos, is that they was all bullshit. These photos are trash, They don't know how to use this camera, and lightning is bad, so really you're taking the money. Yes, it's still a scam, but also they just a trash assw photographer.
Speaker 3: And the street that streaks all across all the photos. Everybody eyes rich.
Speaker 4: So they just practicing from wedding to wedding until they get better. Then she's gonna actually sell.
Speaker 3: It's giving.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to do photoshop because blurry the photographer supposed to edit the photo, so maybe they're blurry out of focus.
Speaker 3: And also there she can't edit them.
Speaker 4: You can't. You can't practice on game night though, you know what I mean. You gotta just get no.
Speaker 5: You gonna have a friend put on a dress and go to a park and be like, let me, let me figure this out for you. But you can't be practicing at my web right.
Speaker 1: There's certain things that I don't want to be the first time that you did it, Like I'm going into surgery and you're like, this is my first one.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: I don't want the first time pilots. I don't want a first time Dennis. I don't want a first time photographer.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just certain things. Oh, definitely my first time Dennis. Who I've been there. I still am beefing with the dentists that I went to at sixteen, who I told her I wasn't numb enough and then she drilled into my nerve and I like, have you ever had tears shoot out of your eyes involuntarily? Because that's what happened to me. I feel like Dennis star scam. I feel like they invented rock candy because that shit looks pretty, but it tastes disgusting and it sucks up your teeth.
Speaker 3: I feel like they're.
Speaker 1: Into big rock candy and I'm not fucking with it. Sorry to the dds is out there. I found me a good one finally, but I had one that scammed me. And then even okay, he's I don't know if I've said this on the podcast, but I need to was it?
Speaker 3: So this is a different gennist. But the other one was in my molar.
Speaker 1: But this I had a lot of bad Dinnis experience, but this one I went to his office and he had but let's sea goa pillows. He was playing bad Bunny on the TV screen because I only go to Dnnis in expensive areas because I'm like, you gotta make rent, which means you can't fuck me up.
Speaker 3: So you gotta be a good dentnist.
Speaker 5: Nobody that has sales, no discounts, no christ charge me extra. Go ahead, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: No two for one root canal, no no no, but I wouldn't get one free moler, no no, no, no, no, no, thank you.
Speaker 3: He was so mean to me.
Speaker 1: I remember he was like, oh my god, your teeth are is such a bad shape and dah dah da dah. Because I had waded through the pandemic because like, okay, it's a pandemic. Like the last person, I want to go someplace where y'all going to be in my mouth like breathing the covid into my tonsils.
Speaker 3: Why would I do that? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: So when I went, I had like some cavities and he was like, wow, this is like he was just talking to the highgenders and I'm like, nigga, I'm here.
Speaker 3: And he's like, oh, this is so bad.
Speaker 1: And even the way he pulled my tooth, I had to have another tooth, my wizard teeth. I still had them, but I had to get him pulled. He pulled one of them. And why did this man brace himself? He put one foot on the chair and then like was yanking real hard. And I was like, oh, I'm at a prison dentist. And I thought because of the bilisia capillos and the bad buddy on the flat screen and all white, that I was at a fancy dentist.
Speaker 3: Tell me why this man died.
Speaker 1: And I had already moved on to another dentist, but this was a few months after I moved on from him. He died and I got an email saying like, oh, he died but also y'all could keep y'all appointments because we're gonna keep the dentistry place open, because that's what.
Speaker 4: He would have wanted.
Speaker 3: This man was not sick. He died suddenly. What do you mean that's what he would have wanted.
Speaker 4: He wasn't sick.
Speaker 1: Also, to put all that in one email, like you couldn't give us one email other was like y'all terrible news, he died.
Speaker 3: And then another one like y'all can keep your appointments.
Speaker 1: It was just like a blurb like okay, so he died, but hold on, y'all still coming for y'all cleaning.
Speaker 5: I was like, excuse me, you can pay your respects by keeping your appointment and showing up Tuesday to fifteenth when you said you was gonna be here.
Speaker 4: Your copain is the same. We'll see y'all there. R Ip.
Speaker 3: Sign an email. Now you can honor him by still coming to your appointments. Okay, that's what they were saying.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is insane, yo, it's crazy. I've never met anybody else.
Speaker 5: I never met anybody else who had that same experience because that shit happened to me years ago, to one of my dads.
Speaker 4: My dad's an engineer.
Speaker 5: One of my dad's clients, I didn't have deal assurance at the time, so one of my dad's clients was like, all I got him. I hook him up just telling him bring like eighty dollars cash. This dude numbed the tooth, the wrong tooth and started cutting a different tooth. Oh no, so now he's slicing. And I had like an impact tooth or mole or whatever it's called. And same thing when you said the leg, I felt that I refelt that leg because he threw that leg up like Lisa from Temecula and thats and l skirt put it on the chair, and I mean he get I mean he getting in there. I mean he just like trying to crack it. And I'm like, I don't think you a dentist. I think you were moved, but I don't think you a dentist.
Speaker 4: I don't think that supposed to go like that.
Speaker 3: I think they just been giving anybody a dds.
Speaker 1: Because then when I went back to my good dentist, because I lost him, I didn't know where he was for a while, and when I went back to him, I had just another story and care to all that, but they I had to get.
Speaker 3: Another wisdom tooth pulled.
Speaker 1: They numbed me, they did some little thing and like when I tell you, it was just like the easiest, like painless, no bracing yourself procedure. And I told him, I was like, wait, I thought y'all was gonna have to put the leg on the chair and yank it. And the dentists looked at me horrified, and I was like, yeah, that's what so and so did. And I guess the dental girls each other in that neighborhood. And he made this face like, oh yeah, Kabily.
Speaker 4: You know you know that Din's used to be a wedding photographer. You like what truly?
Speaker 3: Truly?
Speaker 1: So to end this so we could get onto historic hoods last, Simpson says, these brides have seen it all. The photographer has called one bride's screaming in the middle of the night, called her new in laws who have nothing to do with the negotiations, and made threat after threat after threat. She states that she's going to archive photos and refund them. However, none of the brides have received a refund. To add insult to injury, this photographer post herself daily dancing around in lingerie in her new studio, bragging about all the new clients she's taking on. One bride states that she now lives in fear of the woman her dad has potentially cancerous tumored. All she wants to do is share the wedding photos of him walking down the aisle.
Speaker 4: Oh no oh.
Speaker 1: And then not only is this photographer receiving a minimum of three thousand dollars from each of the brides and not delivering the photos, but she's also robbing them of their precious memories that are to hold on happiness their entire lives and turning it into a living nightmare.
Speaker 4: Wow, I damn, damn.
Speaker 1: You hit me at the end last, because memories are important to people, and to take away people's memories, especially ones like that where you don't know how much time you have left with the person sick as fuck. Also, you calling people and threatening them, you being depot about photos that they paid for, and then.
Speaker 4: I gotta watch you online enjoy yourself.
Speaker 3: That's really the lick. That's what that's like, you that tiktoks.
Speaker 4: I can't look if I lend you money, I better not see you on vacation honestly.
Speaker 1: If I lend you money, I better not see you at Starbucks buying the coffee. I'm like, Oh, you got money for for a flat white, but you can't pay it back?
Speaker 4: What much?
Speaker 5: If I see you, you better have made that yourself. You better you made that yourself. I know nothing that came with a receipt that you don't.
Speaker 4: Turn an oven on for that. Shit better be homemade.
Speaker 1: I didn my it is and are Also you need to really cosplay as like the most down bad. I better not see you in a cute fit. You better wear burr lap sacks on the ground until you pay me back. Okay, you better look like a nineteen twenties pickpocket for real until I give my money back for Oh, I am.
Speaker 4: Man last getting me too? I am. I am upset. I am I am not happy.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see you at no restaurants, not even Applebee's, not even for the two for twenty two.
Speaker 3: No, you don't have twenty two till you pay me back.
Speaker 4: If I'm running to you, you you better have a camera with you and a laptop.
Speaker 5: You better be editing. I'm so far behind. I'm so far behind, girl. I got you as soon as I can. I will as soon as I can get to you, I will like you better be. You better be stressed. Baby on one arm, laptop camera slung around. I mean, you better be typing. You gotta you got an old school mouse.
Speaker 3: Look, you better be constantly sweating.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, down bad, I'm hot.
Speaker 3: But this is you know, y'all.
Speaker 1: You have to bet your photographers. I know, wedding, wedding. When you put wedding on anything, it's a scam. We said that a million times on this podcast. Y'all better telling me, y'all having a love party and and so you can get the price down. But bet your photographers. If you find a photographer you like, go online, see if they have go on Facebook, search their name on the internet. Make sure that they Because the girls will talk when they've been wrong, So Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, girls will talk when they have been wrong. Just then.
Speaker 5: That applies for a lot, not just wedding photography. But go ahead, oh men too, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, sometimes have you seen all these podcasts with the men and I don't even think they were wrong. We need to stop selling Mike's to sis gend admit until we figure out what the hell is going on? Because y'all don't need microphones. Tone you good, but it's a lot of it's a lot of your counterparts, aquitter.
Speaker 4: I've gotten better. I've gotten If you.
Speaker 3: Say females on the regular, you do not need podcasting.
Speaker 4: Question that's difficult, and that's the question I'm from a question at the store.
Speaker 5: It took me a long time to stop saying female because I'm from Atlanta and that's just how we talk.
Speaker 4: But I've gotten better, and I love that for you.
Speaker 3: You don't scam. You don't say females. What a glow up?
Speaker 4: I thank you. We're my goal star, go star for market.
Speaker 3: Yes by.
Speaker 1: Run and we are back for historic hootwings. My favorite part of the podcast. I will regale tone with a famous concaper group of criminals.
Speaker 3: We don't know yet.
Speaker 1: We're going to see you just like you. I do have a note at the top because you don't. We don't scam journalists. This story is primarily research from Jeff Mashaw's New York article Donald Trump and the sweep Steak Scammers. Content warning, there is a mention of substance abuse. All right, so we're going back to the eighties, which that makes sense for a mention of substance abuse because apparently everyone was on cocaine. So in the nineteen eighties, sweet sticks, it's crazy right before we start putting ventanol in it.
Speaker 4: To this day, I can't try it. If I was grown an eighties I might have get given it a shot.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite jokes in Black Monday wish I waited too long to watch shout out to Yost Leicester. Yes, nobody comes into the office. It's all about like Wall Street people, which are notorious for doing cocaine. To this day, someone comes in office who does the drug dealing and he's like.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all, I got a new drug.
Speaker 1: It's called crack and everyone was like, oh that sounds dope. Limp two cracks please, So.
Speaker 4: New people don't know how to order yet.
Speaker 1: No, because on the streets, and when you think about it, that's the risk you're taking with every drug never taken before. You know, people are like, oh I popped them ally or whatever, but like, yeah, you would be like two cracks.
Speaker 5: I got a story that probably should tell this podcast. Well, i'll tell you afterwards. Oh my god, okay, and every day, oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: So, in the nineteen eighties, sweepstakes were the craze and almost every major company and they all participated in them thousands interered competitions, hoping to win fabulous prizes. But unbeknownst to all but a few, these competitions were impossible to win thanks to the CD man that made them. Ooh, so this brings me back to one of our first scams, the McDonald's scam, where Homie was just stealing all the game piece.
Speaker 3: I watched that one, okay, so who.
Speaker 1: I didn't love macmillions just because it was such coppaganda. I was like, I want to see, you know, more of Homie, Like I don't want to see y'all be and like we went through his trash, Like I want to see what he was doing with the money. So, during the nineteen sixties, when Chuck Sideman was a teenager, his father, Jack Sideman, ran his own promotions.
Speaker 3: Business in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Okay, Philly, Yes, I know the Eagles lost the Super Bowl MM So after finishing his service in World War Two, Jack developed and patent one of the first rub off lottery games, using gold leaf to conceal the prize.
Speaker 3: Underneath. Now, I love a scratch off. They calling her rub off, but that's a scratch off.
Speaker 4: Off was hilarious. But yeah, they had to turn they had to change that name. Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I got scratch off of my house right now because that was me and my grandma's thing. We go down to the corner store and get scratch offs. And I don't know every now and then I got to do it.
Speaker 3: Connection.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're looking at the scratch off right now, the og. It's a spot of gold. Cash dividends.
Speaker 3: Everybody wins at the corn fair. I love this.
Speaker 1: I love this because it would have got me. I would have picked up how much five ten, I'm gonna be a millionaire?
Speaker 3: So and I loved it.
Speaker 1: On this ticket, it doesn't say how much you could possibly win, because now scratches are like you could win up to.
Speaker 3: A million dollars or whatever. This just says cash dividends to just tell you how much.
Speaker 1: You don't know what your investment could you know return, They're just like money you could get.
Speaker 5: I wish I wish they did it right now. I could fall for like a spectrum a scratch off. I'd go in and like have a bill paid Verizon buy some companies. Yeah, for companies got to pay the bill his money. I give you actually tend to see if I can win a free month, right.
Speaker 1: Don't give them any ideas they already taken all our money from us. You know, if we went into the Verizon at and t any of those and they were like scratch off and you could win a new iPhone.
Speaker 3: Nobody would ever win the most you would get.
Speaker 4: It's like you.
Speaker 1: Got a pop socket, give us a case, you get a cleaning rag. Congratulations, Now pay for that phone like you was meant to where my money? So his company, his company spot O Gold, was one of the first to create such games and soon took over the market through offering rubofs and convenience stores and grocery stores. I want to call them scratch offs from here on off because ruboffs is giving me. It sounds nasty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's doing a good job for me. But go ahead, I understand why you change it.
Speaker 3: Rubbed me off? No, I don't want to rub nothing.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: So his sun truck was a serial high school dropout. How are you a serial high school drop out? I feel like you drop out and then that's you dropped up, so he's just coming back okay, and he was a teenage drug addict. According to Adult Chuck, I was in seven detoxes and none of them worked.
Speaker 3: That evolution was to hire seven seven.
Speaker 4: That's still a lot. That's still a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's still a lot. But I think it's kind of one of those things of like if you wanted to do it, then it works. But if somebody ships you in there and you're not ready, then it's not gonna work. And that's a scam of rehabilitation centers. I think they'd be hoping for repick customers.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. It's like it's like a gym, I hope you get fat again.
Speaker 3: Not a gym.
Speaker 1: It's just like how planning fitness be serving pizza, Like what are you doing that? That is the intendenis of why we're here. I mean, eat what you want. This is not shaming like I love food. I love it's not shaming it. But it's just interesting to be like, oh I just got a great workout and they're like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would you like to tell a lord before you leat.
Speaker 5: What the that's how they should get you. The gym is free, but parking is like twelve hours a day.
Speaker 1: Love that, but it's gotta be automatically charged, because you know, gym memberships are a scam. Like they used to make you write here like letters and mail them in to try to get out of your gym membership.
Speaker 3: Because I still do.
Speaker 4: We're not gonna write no letter. I am not writing an essay I'd rather pay you for.
Speaker 3: We're not going to usps.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing it.
Speaker 3: But nowadays you just got to pull up in person like the brides.
Speaker 1: You got to pull up and be like, if you don't take me out of this membership, I will fight everybody in this gym. Because during COVID my gym membership, they were trying to still charge and I was like, girl, we can't even go over there, Like what is we doing.
Speaker 4: We don't have antil later. No you're not.
Speaker 3: No, you're not. They're like, we got an online app. No that's not the same. I can go on YouTube. Give me my money, but we.
Speaker 4: Got some towels. Shut up and give me my money back. Don't give a damn you calyptus on that.
Speaker 3: Come on now, you don't want your signs path to.
Speaker 4: Be cleared up? Come on now, give it. We give it out locks for the lockers, and also.
Speaker 1: Gym's making like a breakup, like a romantic breakup. When you're like, hey, I don't want to come here anymore.
Speaker 3: They're like why not?
Speaker 4: What did we do?
Speaker 1: And it's like, bitchall said, I don't want to come here no more. Let's get to the termination process. They're like, no, but let's talk first, come in my office.
Speaker 5: No, bitch, like they don't cancel stop they closure method is trash, Like we broke up.
Speaker 4: What it is?
Speaker 2: What it is?
Speaker 4: One of us ain't happy. I gotta go it. Don't take both of us to break up. They only take one.
Speaker 3: They're like, there's a mutual relationship.
Speaker 4: No, it's no, I didn't get quit. What these goddamns on me?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 3: Feel how soft? We got fabric softener? Now? Stop it stop, give it, give it to a more week. And then we try to contact them.
Speaker 1: We'll give you a free smoothie literally, and they know they make it so arduous on purpose. So we're talking about Chuck right. Chuck says he was the seventy toxes so Jack his daddy. Jack's solution was to hire Chuck's friend Stephen Gross to work at Spot of Gold in the hopes to keep Chuck off meth.
Speaker 3: Okay, what some mad so yeah. So but according to Steve, meth is one of those drugs.
Speaker 1: And this is no shade to addicts or anybody, but meth is one of those drugs that if somebody was like, hey, come over, I got so much meth, I'd be like, oh no, I'm I'm okay.
Speaker 3: I was at the crib or weed. Yeah, but like if you say meth or crack, I'm like.
Speaker 4: No, actually, I didn't know math was out that low. So wait, hold on.
Speaker 5: So Jack is the dad, and then Chuck is the son, and then Steve came over to work with dad, so the son.
Speaker 3: To get Chuck off math. Right, Yeah, you got it. And it's still confusing, but you got it.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: So but according to Steven, who's the friend, that was impossible. Chuck was this kind of narcissistic personality. You couldn't tell him what to do. At sixteen, Steven had already began to make a name for himself in the company's development department, even successfully pitching Basket Robbins cone O Gold campaign. So you predicted this tone, So now Basket Robbins has gotten into the like, we're gonna do scratch offs.
Speaker 3: Y'all come in here and maybe you'll get one of these. Already want flavors for free?
Speaker 4: Boom boom. I told you to do this, you know it.
Speaker 3: Oh love, love that you're here.
Speaker 1: So at the same time, Chuck discovered that he could take advantage of working at Spottle Gold and steal tons of two dollars lottery cards normally delivered in secure trucks.
Speaker 3: Wow, so now he's stealing from his daddy. That's very disrespectful.
Speaker 1: So Chuck won tons of cash, most of what he spent at the Atlantic City Boardwalk, which you know used to be popping before it died.
Speaker 3: And then all the casinos.
Speaker 4: What do you do with stolen money? You try to make more stolen money.
Speaker 1: Flip it flip Why this sounds like a business to me. Also, normally, will you work for a company that does sweepstakes or anything like that.
Speaker 3: You're not allowed to play cash in you ain't allowed to play.
Speaker 1: So as young adults, Stephen and Chuck parted ways, and Stephen went on to go to college and sell lingerie and later cars. Okay, Steven, go ahead, Chuck, fell deeper into his addictions, to the point where a local restaurant to who he was indebted to for his cocaine, blackmailed him into stealing a win, a gold spot of gold game ticket. So a restaurant that was also selling cocaine.
Speaker 5: You was gonna come back to this because I have never gone to a restaurant for cocaine. I've never gone anywhere cocaine. Definite at a restaurant.
Speaker 3: I worked at a restaurant that sold cocaine, and I can't get spe because you will figure out what it is. But the servers were selling cocaine. No, like would you like the branzino? Also an eight ball?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: I've been at places where this happened.
Speaker 4: I pick up what you put that. Yes.
Speaker 1: So in nineteen eighty four, Jack paid off sixty thousand dollars in drug debt for Chuck, now thirty three. So Jack slid in even though Chuck was trying to steal these Spottle golds to pay off the coke man at RB's and his daddy pulled up and paid for him.
Speaker 3: Chuck is thirty three at this point, but he's you know, it's his son. He's trying to take care of him.
Speaker 1: However, Chuck's continued mistakes created enough tension in the relationship that they got into a fistfight, which prompted A Chuck to break off ties with his father and get his own sweepstake company with Steve.
Speaker 3: So Steve is back. I was wondering what we were talking about.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean how I mean Steve out here, you rather partner with a crackhead than a dude.
Speaker 3: You're so estavaged Vincy and and cars. Why are you partnering.
Speaker 5: With dropped out of school as many times? But you know it's the sixties, right, the eighties.
Speaker 1: They named the Yeah, we've been in the eighties, So they named the company c B. Sideman Marketing Group or CBS, and the hopes that the television network would sue them and earn them more publicity. So they intentionally did copyright infringement so that they could hopefully get in the papers. And honestly, what an influencer move for the eighties, what a publicity stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm not mad at them at all of this, I am not. I love it.
Speaker 1: They said, we're going to court and we're gonna surve fits, We're gonna make sure the paparazzi's.
Speaker 3: There, and we're gonna get our bag. So slowly Chuck again stealing his father's clients one by one for himself.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I gotta say this.
Speaker 5: That's probably how meth started out as like Crack two, and then Crack sued Meth because it's called Crack two, and they're like, for Cody Bright the freshman, they like, y'all just come up with a new name.
Speaker 4: It's like, but Crack two is pretty good.
Speaker 5: It's like, well, what math we met now, but now met already on the map because they decided to come after Crack, All right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Crack is Kirkland brand, Meth, Cheerio Jaga and Circle weeks. Yes, I kind of love it.
Speaker 1: So his specialty was creating elaborate prizes, such as convincing a dog food company to give away luxury vacation to not just one winner, but forty nine of their friends and family. Chuck expanded CBS by opening that seems like a sweepstakes. That's too good to be true. Also, I don't think of forty nine friends and family that I would want to bring on vacation, Like maybe twelve forty.
Speaker 4: Nine forty nine. That's not like cheap.
Speaker 3: Also, what an obscure number? Why not fifty?
Speaker 4: Well, I guess you gotta go. Are you fifty? You're nod?
Speaker 3: It's given.
Speaker 4: Didn't nobody have fifty friends back then? No? Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Chuck expanding CBS by opening arm of the company to handle mail in promotions, a department run by two teenagers he had met in a parking lot.
Speaker 4: Great job, great job.
Speaker 1: Y'all want to make some money, Yeah we got We got a part time job from the parking lot.
Speaker 3: I'm not taking no jobs from the parking lot.
Speaker 4: No. But they're teens, male openers. They work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're working, and you know teens, like the whole reason that they have a lower employment rate is so that you know, they can give kids like the smallest amount of money so that they can buy this, you know, kid ship and liability.
Speaker 4: They get in trouble, they ain't going to prison. Fact.
Speaker 3: So the teens were Timothy and Lewis, and they were convinced to work for pennies.
Speaker 4: Just they sound Timothy and Lewis, They sound like home. They do.
Speaker 1: Timothy and Lewis were probably in the parking lot trying to check doors to see if any were unlocked so they could steal goods at the glove compartment.
Speaker 3: And they're like, y'all want a legit job.
Speaker 4: There's probably stilling people mail out of their cars or something. He was like, do I have a job for you.
Speaker 3: That's recruitment, okay, Chuck, you lady.
Speaker 1: So they didn't have LinkedIn, I guess, so he had to go to the parking lot to see who was down to do crimes. Now that they ran the show, Stephen and Chuck realized they could sneak more prices from the sweep states by wreaking the competition and picking their own winner. The first win was ten supermarket sweep tricks to Toys r Rusts from a Royal Desserts company. So it's like a competition from Royal Desserts, and they're like, if y'all bodies desserts, y'all bring these scratch offs, Like y'all could win a trip to Toys r Ust, which I guess is only really appealing to parents. So at the time, no one seemed to be breaking any enforceable all in order to create an appearance of well, Chuck and Steve, who had much better credit Steve had much better credit than Chuck. They purchased three limos to ride to meetings, in addition a BMW and eluxury Cadillact, so they were giving the vibes of rich when they pulled up. They pull it up to the Burger king in a limo.
Speaker 4: I'm living with.
Speaker 5: Steve, of course, had better credit than Chuck because Chuck, by all his shit cash.
Speaker 4: Chuck don't make no credit purchases. Chuck all catch he all cash.
Speaker 1: Like now, if we were talking street cred, Chuck would have better credit because he's been out here with.
Speaker 4: The mob absolutely buying his drug. He'd been alive this long. He's good for it.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think street crad should be a part of credit credits. Already a scam. I should be able to get five references that I paid back to get a home loan. I don't understand why that's not a thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not like a website we needed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the new credit home me credit Street that we need that street credit.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yes.
Speaker 1: So at the same time, his father's business was failing, between the loss of clients and the introduction of scratch Off, which was a patent of Jack's ruboff, which made his business obsolete. Now I'm gonna say, Jack, I'm sorry. I did not love ruboff. I wish that you had thought of scratch off. It's just sexier.
Speaker 3: And I hate that somebody got up under you and stole that from you. That's not right. They did crack two to you.
Speaker 4: We don't like that like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, we hate that for us.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, maybe Jack, he should he should have transitioned early, but like maybe maybe you know.
Speaker 3: It's a blockbuster of scratch off.
Speaker 5: His name is also Jack, and his product was a ruboff. I'm gonna sit that right there. I'm just gonna leave that right there and say he was trying to do it together.
Speaker 4: I just put it together, I know. And it's sticky when you think about it. So I will move on.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: I know this is not what you get in my coffee shows, I promise you. But but for people understand what I just said. That wasn't too bad.
Speaker 3: That was I think we got it. Oh wow, wowzers.
Speaker 1: So Jack and Chuck remained unreconciled while Jack died of a heart attack in May of nineteen eighty six. I'm sure he was so stressed because his business got stolen. His son stole his business. Damn, I feel bad for Jack. With his father's death, CBS took Spot of Gold and its remaining clients. Damn, Chuck, you ain't right. By this point, the sweep stakes industry was now a billion dollar industry that nearly every top brand seemed to participate in.
Speaker 3: But with the increase of success came increase of Chuck's substance abuse. So they're living high. He's full with Wall Street and it's not good. So, according to him, I was on ten valume pills or xanax pills a day and several tranquilizers. So he's moved on from the uppers to very very down.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: His wife Susan became so frustrated that she called it heart named jam Yeah. You know your wives, you know, straight man, and you don't got to be shipped to get away.
Speaker 4: I mean because crag du be having chicks though, I mean, it's just we see it. I don't even know how fast.
Speaker 1: So his wife Susan became so frustrated she called this hypnotist right James Parker, and hopes that he could fix her husband.
Speaker 3: James Parker.
Speaker 1: So James has sudden hypnosis since his first witness at a carnival at seven years old.
Speaker 3: Now, carnival. If you see your profession at a carnival and then you're trying to say it legit, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: So his ultimate dream has become a famous traveling hypnotist, which is why he almost immediately found himself in Chuck's living room, putting him in a trance.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're getting very sleepy's giving that.
Speaker 1: When Chuck woke up, he claimed to be cured and declared that he was going to make James the most famous hypnotist in America. However, James had to help him just with one favor. Poe's is the winner for the Trump Plaza sweep Steaks.
Speaker 5: Time out Hypnotists. You a great hypnotist. You can't be hypnotized and then wake up being like, guess what, I don't do crack no more? You're not supposed to remember crack?
Speaker 4: What kind of hit.
Speaker 3: Him into a crime?
Speaker 4: Would you? You love crack? But when I wake you up, you're gonna be like, I don't like crack no more. Just get cracked out of here, make it.
Speaker 3: I hate cracked, but I love crime and you have to help me.
Speaker 1: But anybody who gets a profession from a carnival and it's then we already know what he's on. So it's a part of CSB Operations was creating turnkey sweep sakes promotions for companies. They had created a campaign for one of Trump's flagship casinos, the Trump Plaza Casino and Casino.
Speaker 3: Why am I saying that wrong?
Speaker 1: In Atlantic City, Trump built a thirty million dollar parking garage to entice more visitors. However, not enough people were using it, so he turned to CSB, who suggested he print promotional parking tickets that, when collected, could win prizes. So now you just parking. They were like, it's plenty of street parking, but if we do this, rub off, we might win a prize.
Speaker 4: I might strach off some free parking and other pricess what kind of prize would be, talking.
Speaker 3: Jack, A prize for going to a parking garage is wild to me. So these prizes included.
Speaker 1: Walkman's that was the time cash, an eternity of vacations, not vacations till you die, till you go to the Upper Room, or even a Cadillac Chuck simply needed James to pose as the winner of the grand prize and sell it for cash with a kickback to the company CBS. Over several days, an assistant collected enough tickets until James came to claim the Cadillac Alante Convertible Grand Prize worth fifty five thousand dollars, which is about one hundred and forty thousand dollars today with inflation. So this is a hypnotist. It kind of still look a little clean. It's definitely given eighties cars were so square in the eighties.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I rocked that right Now they're like square, looks like the future. So for three days after j right, it looked even though it's not over.
Speaker 5: There about it, making it like a brick bridge, beat fast but with a wheels with wils a brickle wheel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go get everybody.
Speaker 1: They're gonna know I got money, okay when I'm driving out with my rectangular vehicle.
Speaker 4: Loved that.
Speaker 1: However, three days after James won, the nineteen eighty seven stock market crash occurred a course also known as black Monday. That's so why because I brought up Black Man Day earlier that TV show on Showtime it's so good y'all three seasons get into it.
Speaker 3: Suddenly no one wanted to buy the car.
Speaker 1: They eventually sold it for half price, and James ended up keeping four thousand dollars but was stuck with the tax bill on the entire price.
Speaker 3: That comes back to that Oprah. You get a car, you get a car.
Speaker 4: You get a car.
Speaker 1: When Oprah gave out all them cars, they didn't pay the taxes for them teachers to have them cars, and a lot of them ended up having to sell it or having to pay like seven grand in gift tax.
Speaker 5: So actually got Poniac gt G six money at GT or something like that. Anyway, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a Toyota.
Speaker 4: No, it was that. Now I don't think it was no Toyota. I think it was a Pontiac or something from Michigan.
Speaker 3: That was a mean lick because they were so excited.
Speaker 1: And then Uncle Sam was waiting right outside the door of the studio like, hey, before you get these keys mine.
Speaker 3: Like the whole point is we're bro.
Speaker 4: That's what people be like. This is too good to be true. And I never say stuff like that. I go, man, it's too good to be true.
Speaker 3: Right, and was yeah, yep, was alive. Still.
Speaker 1: He immediately used the money to book a plane ticket to Paris for a date with an opera singer. So he's still flexing with this little bit of cash he got, you know. So, in addition to continuing to use James to help him win prizes, Chuck also recruited his former cableman, Anthony Dandris. So somebody came and gave him some bootlet caboy. He was like, hey, man, you want to make a little money on the side as well. Oh so, how you have the same person, How do you have James winning multiple prizes? Nobody saw in the newspaper and were like, ain't that the same doodles?
Speaker 5: And that's back when people read a newspaper, so they knew James was, yeah, well James is probably man, James probably you know what, James knew the game. James go, I better win again because I got seventeen thousand DOLLARSD taxes to pay and I ain't bring home before. So I'm thirteen in the whole Your boy gonna win again, you hear me, I'm gonna call it a.
Speaker 1: Real advertized to him. It's like, give me another brush. So Chuck was like, yeah, cool, cool, and I'm definitely not doing cracking one.
Speaker 4: I will make you. Don't think I won't.
Speaker 3: I'll take it back.
Speaker 1: I'll hypnotize you back into it. Let me say the magic words. You're gonna be dawn back. Don't maybe get to the cup okay, whah, don't maybe get to the loss? Okay, better better give me money. So Anthony the cableman was lured by Chuck's promises to turn him into the next Bruce Lee. Okay, Now what does the cableman want to be Bruce Lee? Okay, as he had recently opened a kung fu school in Richmond, Virginia. So I love how he lures these men with like I'm gonna get your school popping. He's like, we are your aspirations in life, as he's installing the spectrum, like I want to be a kung fu mask?
Speaker 4: What that's how? You know?
Speaker 5: Like cable man, I always wearing them one piece jumpers. We got off work, he just put the belt on around and went straight to the karate school.
Speaker 1: He said, right now, everybody's not kung fu fighting, but if you would like them to be, come win you sake prizes with me.
Speaker 5: Shaking him by the hands. He was just bowing up front. He's like, yo, man, just shake my hand and stop bowing. Why why are you doing it? Oh, I ain't tell you I do kung fu. No, man, that's not why I invited you here. Why I'm gonna need a little somethings the cable I was talking to James.
Speaker 1: He was telling your cable shop. No, no, we don't want that, we don't need that. Why is he doing karate hands to my cable box? What is happening? So if Anthony won the two hundred thousand dollars prize money from Alpo Dog Foods, he would be allowed to keep twenty five thousand to start a national martial arts academy, where Chuck kept the rest. Okay, So Chuck and Stephen thought that they'd never get caught is there were no laws yet written about sweepstakes.
Speaker 3: However, it was one call from a once teenage employee Lewis.
Speaker 1: Not Lewis coming back, It's Lewis's girlfriend to the United States Postal Inspection Service. I have told you all about fucking with the US mail. They will get you that to their downfall. So getting caught. We're wrapping it up. So Catherine Wojahowitz called when Lewis, which was her ex boyfriend, arranged for her to win an Alpo dog food sweepstakes, and she felt something wasn't right.
Speaker 3: So her baby was like, Oh, you're gonna win this Alpo sweepstakes. Why are you called the US Inspection on your man? Yeah, but he must have been a trash boy.
Speaker 5: She was supposed to win and didn't win. So because she didn't win, she called the authority, Like, that's how everybody get caught.
Speaker 3: If somebody scoring. You can't cut people out of the money when you're doing crime.
Speaker 4: Hast win. We all don't win. I'm taking everybody.
Speaker 1: Down because now I have no liability. I didn't actually win. I can act like I didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 5: Hey, him, him, him him. They told me I was gonna get twenty five thousand and then and then what happened? Her plane crash?
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 1: So, as a us pis agent, Dan it was just a professional hater job. Dan Smiers begin investigating the company behind the competition. James and Chuck were running into trouble with the winners as they ran through their roster of friends of winners and quotes they called on more questionable people, which led to the posers actually winning the competition and making off with prices before CBS could demand their cut. So basically, as this inspection hater man starts to dig into it, the winners, the fake winners are like, ooh, it's hot over here.
Speaker 3: Y'all get in trouble for crime.
Speaker 1: I'm actually gonna just win and then I'm above board and I'm not giving y'all cut.
Speaker 5: You know who that is? That's them forty nine close friends. That's exactly what that's in. Forty nine close people that you would have took on vacation with you. That's exactly who that was. Because you go outside too far, somebody gonna end up talking. So you try to keep it close.
Speaker 4: But don't.
Speaker 5: Can't nobody to keep their mouths because here's the thing. If I show over with a boat, you know I ain't got boat money. You put up to that apartment complex with a boat, like, man, I know you have boat money. Oh, bro, Now you gotta explain to somebody. Let them win something. Then they come out with this catare whatever it's called. And then now you just got a bunch of apartment people with shit that they don't know how to use.
Speaker 3: And these are liabilities.
Speaker 1: Because they're like, I'm gonna snitch on you if you don't let me keep the whole prize, because now what is your hold on them? Before they were in on the grid, But now that they know the government on the your ass, they're like, listen, you either let me keep the full two hundred k or I'm calling ninety one one.
Speaker 4: I'm telling everybody. I'm telling everybody aving lived with his mama, how he got a jet ski.
Speaker 3: He's talking about, we're going to the beach. He gonna give us all a.
Speaker 4: Rod, we go on to the beach. We live in Nashville.
Speaker 3: There's no beaches beach here.
Speaker 1: They were like, look, Chuck, Steve, if y'all don't let me keep all this prize money, I'm gonna start mailing out letters. Okay, it's gonna take three or five business days, but people gonna know your business. They're gonna know you're up to they're gonna know you're up to something shady. So as they ran through their roster of friends to be winners, they called them more questionable people because now the homies who used to do it. They're not giving the prize money, so now they're just going to you know, back to the parking lot to find whoever's questionable, which led to the posers actually winning the competition and making off with the prizes before CBS could demand their cut. So even now like everyone's taking their cut and being like fuck CBS, Chuck became more frustrated and unpredictable, even removing Stephen from company accounts and threatening his family when he spoke about it. So again, just like the wedding photographer pulling up threatening, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, what you really gonna do exactly?
Speaker 5: I mean, if I'm all win fifty thous and then I'm saying I'm keeping fifteen to go. I think I'm gonna keep this fifty thout or what you really gonna do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Who gonna check me?
Speaker 5: Boo, you take me to court, lets you send some people after me. But I got fifty thous Now I can hire protection for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chuck should have invested in the mob, but then he would have had even more money taken from him because they're gonna get there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, in nineteen eighty eight, with mounting lawsuits from former employees and clients Chuck's unpredictable behavior. Steve left CBS and started his own promotions company with Lewis. So now Chuck left CBS and then took the kid from the parking lot who had called the Feds and made his own company.
Speaker 3: That doesn't seem smart.
Speaker 4: No, Lowis girlfriend did that. Louis probably didn't know nothing about that. That was Lewis Booth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're already making weird moves. Why is your booth selling you out? I mean you can't get her another for Valancie?
Speaker 5: She probably well, no, you know what it was, because she died in the plane crash two days later, wasn't it? Or two weeks later.
Speaker 1: No, she died a plane crash in two thousand and two, so she was very much alive at this point.
Speaker 4: Oh oh oh, I'm sorry to continue.
Speaker 3: That was just a detail Kaitlyn gave us.
Speaker 1: So. Not long after, Agent Smyers, the hater who's been snooping, was able to track down the hypnotus James and kung fu master Anthony Woo. He gathered enough information to show CBS had been illegally rigging the games, and you're and a half later Chuck, Steve, James, Anthony, and Lewis were officially charged with mail fraud. Mail Fred is that's how they get you. It's a bitch with sentences up to thirty years. You can't do fraud in the mail, y'all. You gotta walk to their door, hand it to them. That's how you do Fried. Don't put your frid in usps. They will come get you. Okay, they got them forever stamps.
Speaker 4: That's for your's Federal Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, you don't mess with them.
Speaker 1: So they were collectively estimated to have won around two million dollars five million dollars in today's money in cash prizes after admitting to taking LSD four hundred times. During proceedings, Chuck pleaded guilty. What you at court on LSD?
Speaker 4: What Chuck? Chuck?
Speaker 5: Chuck is an American hero against all odds against dropping out of high school and then get introduced to crack and met and then working his way up to scam getting I mean he lasted way long the Indian I mean, if you're gonna go down, go down the flames. And then he was in the courtroom like I don't look me, I don't I'm high right now.
Speaker 1: We need to like a poster'll talking about Chuck.
Speaker 3: That's how he played guilty. I would I would retract that.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, I was high on LSD when I played guilty. I didn't even know what you were talking about. So Steven also played guilty while James and Anthony and Lewis I was guilty.
Speaker 4: I was hypnotized. Talk to James, I've been hypnotized this whole time.
Speaker 1: He told me to scam and then he never gave me the magic word so I could stop. He never said you feel me, So that's why I was scamming. So but I love that Anthony, Lewis and James were like we innocent, and they were like, we're going to try out to fight this, and they were like, no, you're going to jail.
Speaker 3: You're definitely guilty.
Speaker 1: So the latter were sentenced to five years probation in order to pay thousands of dollars in restitutions. So James, Anthony and Lewis only got five years of probation. They just had to pick up trash, which means they definitely snitched. They went in there and just started listinglip love that they're doing more flips than Simone Biles.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, it's hard to go to like real prison for something federal when you mail come on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nah, I would have flipped too. And I'm like, how many names y'all want? If my mama got unpaid parking tickets?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: How much do you need?
Speaker 4: Get me out of here, Give me a penny piece of paper, A big maggots and fries. I got write down, everybody. I can't go to real prison.
Speaker 3: No, we're not going to prison prison.
Speaker 1: So Stephen and Chuck were ordered to pay more than a million dollars of restitution to the companies that they had ripped off, and both were sentenced to two years in prison.
Speaker 3: Ain't bad.
Speaker 1: Both were permanently banned from the sweep sex industry, But by the time Chuck was sent to prison in nineteen ninety, he had set up a new company and ran a number of competitions for his old client, Donald Trump. Y'all both criminals, y'all, both scammers. It seems like a good partnership, fake recognized faith.
Speaker 5: I told you, I'm impressed. As much as I hate these people, they know how to do wrong right they do.
Speaker 4: Once again, I love Chuck.
Speaker 3: He's a very good guy. He's just visiting jail for a couple of year.
Speaker 4: I never heard of him, never heard of him that.
Speaker 3: You're right, that's what it would be like.
Speaker 5: I never met the guy, Chuck. It sounds like something I had for lunch when I was eight. I've never heard of him.
Speaker 3: You're true, that's exactly what would happened.
Speaker 1: So the industry almost immediately died down after Craft mistakenly printed five hundred thousand winning tickets for one of its campaigns instead of one, resulting in four million dollars of compensation. Damn I was not buying singles at this time.
Speaker 3: I wasn't alive, damn it.
Speaker 1: So James has since made a career as a Las Vegas hypnotist, specializing and hypnotizing NBA players struggling with confidence problems.
Speaker 4: What for the league? James, I was like, I need to go. I need to get out of scam business and go do the lawyer's work through magic.
Speaker 3: It's like Shacks. He's like, you're gonna make the free throws. You're gonna make the free throws.
Speaker 4: My, oh, my cowboys kicker who couldn't make these field goals?
Speaker 1: I'm a cowboysy Cowboys fan.
Speaker 3: Oh so you love pain.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a hard.
Speaker 3: Get your hopes up.
Speaker 4: It's an abusive relationship. It's all emotional abuse. But it happened. It is.
Speaker 1: And then Jerry coming out trying to keep the black people from going to school. I was like, Jerry, no West, cool lord, not you in the black and white photos doing the we're doing. We figured you was a racist, but.
Speaker 4: Like, like quiet, what olden racism I get? But come on, man, burn these pictures.
Speaker 1: Bro right, you got so much money. We got new stadiums, even though we haven't won a super Bowl. Like I was a Cowboys mini camp when I was five, by pictures of me in the uniform, like my.
Speaker 5: First it's my first started jacket. Was was it nineteen ninety two? Actually I had to pro start it. I just got the real starter two years ago for Christmas, like like to throwback from like a consignment venture store. So yes, I've been I've been on. I've been on for a minute.
Speaker 3: Anyways, our scam being scammed by loving the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: So absolutely.
Speaker 1: Stephen went on to own a Philadelphia strip club called day Dreams. All right, everyone, Stephen has had many careers. He is a serial entrepreneur, and I love that for him. He was selling panties, cars, scam ruboffs, and now he's owning the strip club.
Speaker 3: Okay, Stephen.
Speaker 1: So Anthony was able to expand his kung fu operations to fifteen other states.
Speaker 4: Wow, options, that's what I'm talking. Yeah, that's how you say that. Kong Fu operations. Hell, you better have you LLC.
Speaker 3: It's giving LLC Twitter. It truly is kung Fu.
Speaker 4: Operation, kung Fu operations.
Speaker 3: He went out and bought a bunch of different colored belts and said, let's go.
Speaker 4: He been.
Speaker 5: He've been out there, like on the power poles. Hey man, my cable working. Soon as I finished this set.
Speaker 3: He can break a cable bus a half with his hands.
Speaker 1: The kids are like, why don't we have one? He's like, now y'all better break these cable boxes.
Speaker 5: He been here trying to point like they're gonna take this poll out of two weeks. Now, give me eight hours.
Speaker 3: I get this shit down, just keeps shopping away at it.
Speaker 1: I also feel like at his kung fu schools, it's not just like white belt and then yellow or whatever. He's like white belt cream belt off cream. He's like he's been him coming back.
Speaker 5: You have reached zebra belt. Okay, man, ain't no zebra bels around here. What kind of school is it?
Speaker 4: What kind of karate school is this?
Speaker 1: You got cheetah belt? Okay, you're so close to black. Just keep working and keep coming and paying for my kungs.
Speaker 5: Trying to make you an animal with an animal with discipline, I think. Okay, Anthony, next week we open in Ohio.
Speaker 4: Okay, stopping Anthony.
Speaker 3: We got a new location. It was cass the corn Belt.
Speaker 1: Also, all of this was taking place in New Jersey, which makes absolute sense. So after prison, Chuck developed an internet scratch off game and even partner with Microsoft to run them. I love the Chuck can't lose Microsoft.
Speaker 3: Bill Gates.
Speaker 4: This give me a real catch me If you can't, I love it.
Speaker 3: He did a little stint in jail. They're like, oh, your resume has a gap.
Speaker 1: He was like, oh, yeah, I took I took two years off to find myself in general prison.
Speaker 3: That's quiet, frost, silent.
Speaker 4: Do you know what you're doing. I'm the best baby, I'm here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I took some time to work out read you know, be on in the yard.
Speaker 4: Yo, if you could scam people this long. You got to be the best, truly.
Speaker 1: So he passed away in August of two thousand and nine from liver cancer. Donald Trump continued to use sweepstakes in his political campaigns, promising a chance to win a dinner with President Donald Trump in New Orleans for donations of any amount not you doing the dinner with Jay Z Donald Trump. However, no winner was ever announced, and a Trump representative said there had been an administrative error.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was that error?
Speaker 4: Fraud?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start to I'm gonna start celeffict. Shouldn't be like, oh, y'all didn't get the stuff. There was an administrative error. We forgot to administrate the stuff that we told you you would gain.
Speaker 4: I've been buying stuff on what's the website? I've been buying stuff on what's the one where people make stuff at home and then you.
Speaker 5: Buy it et Etsy. Yeah, the bought my dog a collar three times. Because the people call me back, I ain't gonna I forgot about it. I'm like, give my money back.
Speaker 4: Then? Why because you didn't make what we agreed on, that's why.
Speaker 3: But why they gave you the gym membership like.
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 3: Because you didn't get what I said. I was what you were supposed to.
Speaker 4: That's what you did.
Speaker 3: You didn't do what you supposed were viving. Weld mail us, mail us a letter and tell us what we.
Speaker 4: Did, because you know, I ain't write no goddamn letter. You know I ain't write no letter.
Speaker 1: Go to the post office. That's what we did in writing. And then what suits you the money back? Okay, Well that brings us to the satisfy of the show, the part where I have to let tone go. But before we do that, a quick scammer of the week. This is where we highlighted Charlotte and worthy of our praise are maybe not? And today we're talking about nineteen year old Madison Russo who's been caught after scamming thirty seven thousand dollars from forty nine concerned donors after falsely claiming she had pancreatic cancer. So Maddie was arrested on January twenty third on first degree felony theft.
Speaker 3: This teenager, Oh she's a teenager. Oh let her free. She's a kid. She is playing on the internet. Oh it's not giving teenager.
Speaker 5: I mean that's a hard ship face. That's why people donate, They're like, she must have it rough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's giving. She's been living hard.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a lot of ware.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: So she documented her cancer in quotes battle on TikTok and threw her go fundme page and claimed to have had a tumor the size of a football wrapped around her spine. Content warning, this girl is wearing an offensive amount of tanner.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, can I'll kill you.
Speaker 1: She is wearing a lot of tanner and it might be contributing to her old age. Look, it's giving fruit leather.
Speaker 3: But you know, see listen if you saw Charlie and the Chocolate factory and you were like, that's my little.
Speaker 5: Face face, Like you know when a car dripping oil and they pull out a parking spot but it's rained and they had like that rainbow.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 1: I don't know what trash shot kids, but she scammed people very serious disease. So yeah, it s fucked them kids for this one. So she also claimed to have given talks about her health at events for the National Pancreotic Cancer Foundation, which the foundation denies. So she was like, oh, I was just doing a speaking engagement.
Speaker 3: Well we couldn't video in there. It was no cameras.
Speaker 4: Face like a raw cinebun like it just got all of it, but it ain't been baked yet.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's a perfect description. And it's tearing me apart. And I love this mud shot because her eyes are so wide.
Speaker 3: She's like, dang, they got it, they got it. It looks like she startled.
Speaker 1: It looks like they snatched her from wherever she was and immediately made her take a photo.
Speaker 3: Like she's still in shock that she got caught.
Speaker 4: Nowe she got halfway through a makeup right, she was probably on.
Speaker 1: TikTok beating her face talking about her fake cancer, like like how it hurts today?
Speaker 4: Like what girl, she didn't get below the nose all that raw?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, we're given two different skin tones they got. They call her mid bronzer for sure. They were like, hands up, put the bronzer down, put.
Speaker 4: Drop, then.
Speaker 3: Drop the beauty blender. Put your hands in the air, lay on your face.
Speaker 1: So Maddie began to be discovered in early January when witnesses claiming to be medical professionals anonymously contacted authorities saying they believe there'd be many medical discrepancies in her social media posts. Now Google is free, Maddie, why did you google this? This included incorrectly and potentially life threatening use of medical equipment, in addition to it allegedly stealing photos from actual cancer patients and posting them as her own. The gofam me page was still taking donations until it was taken down in late January with a message Maddie is currently undergoing vigorous chemotherapy and radiation treatments that are making her very sick. Meanwhile, it was like Maddie is has transferred these funds to her Bag of America, so all donors will be refunded and Maddie is permanently banned from the platform. She was released on a ten thousand dollars bond hours after her rest, and it is currently a waiting court. I don't know if we put Maddie in jail for a fake go fund me. I just feel like that platform. You gotta know that maybe when.
Speaker 3: You give your ten sympathy dollars, they're not going to the right place. Who gives a shit?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think look, maybe not prison, but she should have to go teach something to inner city school with people to come teach.
Speaker 3: She just go, you want to stick this person on us?
Speaker 5: No in person, in person and just let these You know how rude high schoolers are. Now they give her hell.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 5: They gonna snap so hard that I mean, her emotions, her insides feel you can feel like she had a too, was gonna feel like it's gonna feel like she had a tumor. By the time these high school kids get done when it let them have their cell phones and TikTok, they ruin her ego.
Speaker 4: That's what that's what they should do.
Speaker 1: Hey, youplicano, oh two, I mean you definitely.
Speaker 3: Needs community service and something that's productive. I don't know if I would say jail.
Speaker 1: But also uh not pictured here, but I saw photos about this when I saw the story, she was using medical equipment and like taping fake things to her chest and like really, when I say she was giving cosplay like she was in the hospital, she really sold it.
Speaker 5: That's why you should have a licensue. I mean, because you can go get it. If she go to a medicical medical supply store, were wearing scrubs, somebody gonna sell it to it.
Speaker 4: And she just changed clothes and put a gown on. You can't be trusting these pictures, man, like.
Speaker 1: You can buy hospital gowns all willy nilly. You're right about that, you know how people look at She keeped it to her face. She got a pair of cord iPhone phone hands are stuck them.
Speaker 4: Deep and we can't tell. She just she just she just out here like this.
Speaker 5: She just y'all can't see me at home, but she just out here and she's like, oh wait, wait, let me talk it in wait was that as the door?
Speaker 4: Let me talk it it? Let me talking it deside? There we go? Do I look sick? Do I look sick? That's sad man.
Speaker 3: Also, who are her friends and family?
Speaker 1: She has good friends and family because they did not snitch, and clearly they would know if she was in treatment. The medical professional snitched on her on TikTok now her mama and her daddy not any friends. She got a loyal community and circle, unlike Chuck and Steve.
Speaker 5: I wonder if her parents are around. What her mama say, they got some quote from my mom or something down there? What her mama say, I know your mom was like, I don't know her, Like Maddie's always been distant with mental health, like, come on man.
Speaker 1: Maddie agreed there also, why would you think that you could go this public, especially TikTok. That's where the girls are like gonna research you, They're gonna be in the comments. They got all the terminology for every illness disease.
Speaker 3: Why would you think? And they love to be detectives. TikTok. People love to be like, oh y'all can't solve this cold case, I will.
Speaker 5: Tiktak ain't nothing but social saluts. That's exactly what they are. That's exactly what they are. I want how you get did you say?
Speaker 4: How she got called? How'd you get caught? Again?
Speaker 1: It was medical professionals starting to tip off, like the police and stuff, because they were like, none of this is adding up, and these photos they're reverse image searching and realizing they're not her photos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, TikTok is a Harriet the spy app.
Speaker 1: Don't go on their line because they got magnifying glasses and they will find you. They will find you, and then they'll make their own tiktoks about you.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't even have as much energy within this state to put a TikTok like this.
Speaker 1: Well, Madison. I hope you don't have to go to the clink, but I hope you learned your lesson. I think Madison's done. If you lie that hard you went on Amazon and brought you some medical equipment, She's gonna be like Chuck. She'll continue doing And.
Speaker 4: It's probably round one.
Speaker 5: This is probably she probably did a soft one just to open up, and then this one took off quicker than she could like shut it down.
Speaker 3: Soft loge scam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm telling you. I'm telling you that's how I would have done it.
Speaker 3: And you are an expert that we got an expert on the book.
Speaker 5: Expert, ex expert, ex expert. I never did stuff with it with the computers, with the computers. I never did stuff with the computer.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, and allegedly did other stuff.
Speaker 4: We don't know what. You know what.
Speaker 3: I don't think you did anything.
Speaker 1: These days, truly allegedly allegedly. And that brings us to the end of an amazing podcast. Thank you so much, Tom for being here. We always ask our guests where would you like to be found? Any socials shows websites?
Speaker 5: With the end all of the watch drink Masses on Netflix, I got a new show coming out with Michelle Buea and Tasha Smith Coss Survival The Thickest on Netflix out in a few months. I'm sure trigger warning Kudi versus act me coming out in theaters this summer. Instagram is just tone bell t O N E B E O L And I just started TikTok. Actually I didn't have a TikTok and then so I just got on TikTok. I'm trying to figure that out. Uh, and then I'll be out here in the streets just on tour making people laugh. So uh yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's me, Yes, And it's always gonna stitch on your friends and family at Scam got his pod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: And if you want to find me, d I V A l A c I d BA Lacy on all platforms.
Speaker 1: If you want to see all of these wild house photos, Scam got his pod on Instagram.
Speaker 3: If you want to chat with me, Scam got his pod on Twitter. Congregation, stay chucking, you know, get out there, get your chuck on, never quit, never stop. Damn gotess. This has been an Earwolf production in association with Team Coco.
Speaker 1: Scam got his stars and it's hosted by me Lacey Mosley aka the scam Goddess. Our producer is Judith Kargbo, our recording engineer is Abby Aguilar, and our audio editor is Jesse Karen.
Speaker 3: Research for the show is done by kaylen Brand Stay Scamming