Speaker 1: Normally at this time we'll do second date updates, closure calls, textual healings, but today we're doing none of those. Instead, there's a big surprise waiting for someone in this room. They have no idea it's coming show, and you know it's big because we're actually putting it right in the middle of our show, slotting it in at the end after one of Brook's potato endorsements. You're gonna find out who gets the big surprise. No spoilers, it's coming up right after this. Welcome back to Brook Breaks You Up. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Joe.
Speaker 2: Somebody wanted this back.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants are you kid? It's one of the highest rated segments we've done all year on How are we not going to do a sequel for it?
Speaker 3: I've been dumped and dumped people so many times in my life.
Speaker 1: Do I have to keep doing That's what makes you an expert.
Speaker 2: That's what I got married so I didn't have to do it anymore.
Speaker 1: This time we're switching it up because it's Brooke Breaks You Up. Holiday Edition For our listeners who may not be familiar with the segment breaking up with Someone's not an easy thing to do, especially during Christmas. It's awkward, it's messy, but sometimes it is absolutely necessary. So why do it yourself when you can have Brooke do it? For years of casual promiscuity have made her an expert on telling people, yeah, it's not really working out. You got what you wanted and now you should probably move on and get yourself tested.
Speaker 3: It's an important conversation, So I don't waste your time. Don't waste your pretty Brook.
Speaker 1: This is a little bit of a surprise to you, but we did get an email from a listener. I printed it out and I want you to be the one who reads it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, got it it to me.
Speaker 1: This is a listener of ours who needs your help.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll read the letter, jeff that's.
Speaker 3: The spirit, Brook says, Hi Brick and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: My name is Risha. I heard a segment you did.
Speaker 3: Called Brooke breaks you up, and I really need your help to ditch.
Speaker 2: My boyfriend Shane before Christmas. I mean, you don't want to waste your money on a gift.
Speaker 3: Okay, background my family officially does not like him.
Speaker 2: Oh well, this is going to be easier. That's easy. That helps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he came over last year and had way too much eggnog, insulted.
Speaker 2: My parents Christmas tree. Oh called it dollar store.
Speaker 3: She ended up wolcing with it and then fell on top of it.
Speaker 1: It sounds like one of your exes, Brooke.
Speaker 3: This is not the first time he's done dumb stuff. Dumb stuff is capitalized this letter. Okay, he's a good guy, but it's time for him to finally grow up and for me to move on to somebody else. I tend to shy away from tough conversations. That's why I really need you to do the dirty work and break up with him for me.
Speaker 1: Oh so, the reason is he's dumb and does dumb stuff.
Speaker 2: That's not I mean, your entire family get it that you're gonna say, Brooke. The letter ends you're the best Brooke.
Speaker 1: Brooke, there is a woman in need during the holidays. You're not gonna be a scrooge and throw her out into the snow, are you.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: The problem with dumb boys is they don't get it. That is the issue. It's better than a nice, innocent guy.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't have a lot of time. We do have her boyfriend, Shane already on the line right now. He is jeff He's not heard any of this, So we gotta get right to the call. Let's punch up, Shane, and we have to do it, Brook and we're gonna let you do your things. We told him that it was a radio station contest thing.
Speaker 3: We had to get in all time for him to dance one.
Speaker 1: So here we go, let's do it. Let's punch him up it Shaney there, Hello, Hey, Shane, you're on Brook and Jeffry in the morning.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oh my god, am I actually on air?
Speaker 1: This is crazy? And one member of the show has been dying to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, yeah, Shane, it's Brook. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I listened to your podcast all the time. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry that it's so embarrassing, but you are my favorite person on the show.
Speaker 2: God, that's interesting, Shane.
Speaker 4: I got listen.
Speaker 1: I got all my friends listening to you, guys. I got my girlfriend listening to you guys.
Speaker 2: You know, Shane, that's why we're calling.
Speaker 3: I don't mean to interrupt you, but we're calling because your girlfriend contacted us.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, is this trivia?
Speaker 3: Am I?
Speaker 1: I bet I could beat you at trivia. B set you up. We're not doing the trip be a game with book right now. This is something else.
Speaker 2: Ah, this is a little word serious. You could turn it into trivia.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotta just get.
Speaker 3: Do it real quick, Shane, I don't know how to tell you this buddy. You see him like such a nice guy, You see him like you have great energy, and I love to hear that you have such a good friend group.
Speaker 2: That is going to be crucial right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, what's happening.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the thing Shane Reicha wrote us, and we do this terrible segment. It's called Brooke breaks you up. And I'm Brooke and that's what I'm calling to do because wait, wrote in and she said she didn't know how to tell you because she didn't want to hurt you.
Speaker 2: Obviously this is going to hurt you. There's no way around that. But it's just your guys' relationship has run its course.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, is a phone tap? I didn't say. I mean, he knows the show. You can't blame him for that.
Speaker 3: Listen, Shane, she told us all about the Christmas tree and you getting too drunk at Christmas last year, and I mean, I'm gonna be honest, like her family not a huge fan.
Speaker 1: Wait, this isn't a joke.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a joke, Buddy, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: So you're really doing this, Brook, You're breaking up with me for her.
Speaker 3: I think that she just thought it would be easier for you if it came from somebody you trusted and loved.
Speaker 1: You don't love me.
Speaker 2: I don't mean that like I love love you. I mean like like you're a fan of the show.
Speaker 1: This isn't going well, Shane.
Speaker 2: Breakups never go well, Jeff. It always ends bad.
Speaker 3: It sucks for one person, and unfortunately that person is Shane. And listen, Shane, you live it up through the holidays, You drink as much eggnog.
Speaker 2: As you want, and you go ahead.
Speaker 3: And talk about their stupid family, dollar store, cheic tree that they have.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be part of that family anyway.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that great idea, Brooke.
Speaker 1: You know what I'll do.
Speaker 4: I'll do a drinking game where I take a shot of time you call me, buddy, I.
Speaker 5: Didn't know you because alienated.
Speaker 1: Not one but two of our listeners will doing one a favor. Wow, Shane, why too, you just crept on Risha and her whole family.
Speaker 3: I just say, Risha understands, like, if you're gonna get over a breakup, yeah, there's anger.
Speaker 1: Let's stop trying to justify our past behavior. Shane. I am sorry that Brooke did this to you during the holiday season. And I know this is probably weird to ask, but hopefully Brook's still your favorite on the show.
Speaker 2: That don't ask that answer that shamee.
Speaker 1: If she was, it was only because the other two are solo on the totem.
Speaker 4: Pole that she still somehow maintains a lead.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Alexis Yeah, I feel that energy. I'm sorry, man, try and have a good holidays. We do feel really bad. We got to hang up though, Okay, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Gonna hang up, Like, just tell him something nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can move in with Brook and her family for the holidays, Shane.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be fine. Okay, you don't need Risha can give you a key chain, maybe.
Speaker 1: Radio station swag. We will send them your way. But what you guys, Okay, I was mostly directed towards Brook. I feel like that was definitely a tough one.
Speaker 2: Well deserved. But are they ever gonna be good.
Speaker 1: That's kind of your job to make it good.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: To break up with them too, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, thousand.
Speaker 1: There is tough, but it is the holiday season. So Brooke breaks you up for the holidays, and Brook also gets you back together. That's why I have a surprise for her coming up next. Two people are on the line. One wants to get back together with the other.
Speaker 2: No, Brook is going that's a good idea either.
Speaker 1: What's happening, Brook is gonna get you back together for the holidays. Coming up right after this, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And if you were just listening a couple of minutes ago, you heard Brooke breaks you up before Chris Smiths and you're not gonna believe this Brook. But people on the text board weren't one hundred percent thrilled.
Speaker 2: Oh shocking. Guess what, people who aren't happy.
Speaker 3: I'm not either.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not very nice to yell back at the people who aren't happy. They're just giving us feedback. On the show. One person even said, I need to tell my therapist about what Brooke just did because that traumatized me forever. And that's from your son Adler. But it's good that he already has a therapist.
Speaker 2: So well we started me on.
Speaker 1: The thing is, we may have a chance for redemption for you, Brook because now you have the opportunity to bring two x's back together for the haliday. You do not want to go over to today.
Speaker 3: And that's not because the thing is is if I failed this, then I'm an even bigger jerky. Wait, we have two axes that already want to get back together, or we have one ax who wants to get back together.
Speaker 1: One guy wants you to help her get back together. Jay is hoping that you can work some magic today. He emailed the show looking for Brooks help. Let's punch him up. Hey, Jay, welcome to Brooke gets you back together for the holidays?
Speaker 4: Hey, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: We don't have a lot of time here.
Speaker 3: I need a quick I mean honestly, I need a quick rundown of give me three highlights of the relationship and why it ended.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, let's start with her name so Brooke can write it down and not forget it like she did with the one.
Speaker 2: The important back. I would really blow it if I called.
Speaker 1: Her what's your ex's name?
Speaker 4: Jenna?
Speaker 2: Jenna?
Speaker 1: Okay, write it down, Brook, Okay. How long were you and Jenna together?
Speaker 4: Three years?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: In those three years, what did you love about Jenna and your relationship?
Speaker 4: I love that she was a book reader, so she was very knowledgeable.
Speaker 1: Okay, she could read.
Speaker 2: So what did you love about your relationship together?
Speaker 1: She had a lot to talk about interest, chatty, Kathy, go ahead, and.
Speaker 4: Then she was supportive, honestly did everything for him.
Speaker 3: Sweet.
Speaker 2: This is also sweet. Actually, I want you guys to be back together. Why did it end? This is what I want to know.
Speaker 4: Listen, I got really into watching European soccer, and since they play in Europe, I'd be going to bars like at like five in the morning to watch a match to drink, and it just wasn't healthy.
Speaker 1: She wasn't coming with you to the bars at five am to.
Speaker 2: Support you and your those games. I'm having a hard time believing.
Speaker 3: That she dumped you because you liked European soccer too much.
Speaker 4: I didn't. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to her, and so she broke up with me eight months ago.
Speaker 2: Listen to that maturity, though, in the realization.
Speaker 1: What's changed in the last eight months from then until now?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I got back into the gym. I'm even doing a book club because I know she loves books.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, is so cute? Does this have to do with the soccer season ending.
Speaker 1: Or because we don't.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I'm not a huge reader. But it's me showing her that I want to talk to her more about stuff and I want to do things that she likes.
Speaker 2: Okay, and better yourself. I love this.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I even changed my name. It used to be Kenny, but yeah.
Speaker 2: The name are you? Are you named Kenneth? Now?
Speaker 1: His name is Jay. Remember I wrote his name is j you know.
Speaker 4: But but I changes to Ja like Gatsby. You're that's one of her favorite books, The Great Gatsby, And he changed his name to Jay in the book as well, to create a new, like a better identity for himself. And that's what I want to do, you know, for love.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, did she She doesn't know that I changed my name.
Speaker 2: Yet, So Kenny is important here, Brooks. You're going to be the one to tell her for the first Okay, his.
Speaker 3: Name for her? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Please a lot? Yeah? Wow?
Speaker 4: If you can't be convinced to give me another chance, especially for the holidays, because it's been three years since I spent one single and not having her.
Speaker 3: Oh, because you broke up eight months ago. So this is your first holiday by yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it. So we're running out of time. We do already have Jenna on the phone right now.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: She's been waiting again to talk to us. She just doesn't know why she's on the phone yet. She has not been hearing any of this. So we're gonna punch her up and let you talk to her. Ready, all right, Jay, we're gonna patch you down and we're gonna punch up Jenna. Here we go, Brooke, go ahead, talk to her.
Speaker 2: Hi, Jenna, it's Brooke from Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Hi, how are you so good? Welcome to the show. I think we have fantastic news for you.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, great, that's a big promise.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you think that because like, okay, so we've heard your single.
Speaker 2: Is that true? Yes?
Speaker 1: That is true?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: And the person we heard that from is someone who definitely does not want you to be single, someone who is very interested in you. Okay, and I know you have never met before, but they said that you're super smart, you're really interesting, you have so much to talk about and add to a relationship.
Speaker 2: They just can't stop thinking of you.
Speaker 1: Not in a creepy way, no, in.
Speaker 3: A positive way, in like the cutest way ever, because you actually know this person.
Speaker 1: Is this one of my coworkers?
Speaker 3: Because oh my gosh, I'm thinking about it's a really cute one. Oh no, no, better better than your coworker, because it's someone that you have.
Speaker 2: Loved in your life. Oh wow.
Speaker 3: And they realize that maybe in your relationship that you had with them before, they didn't pay enough attention to you, and they're really regretful of that.
Speaker 1: Wait, is this Kenny, Well.
Speaker 2: Technically it used to be Kenny.
Speaker 1: Keny dead.
Speaker 2: Listen listen, Kenny has a chance his personality.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm literally saying that, because he is doing everything in his power to show you and himself that he is a new, improved person. Even he's gone so far as to change his name. So Kenny Kenny is now J and J is awesome. I am so confused. Why would he do that.
Speaker 2: He's a thoughtful guy.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's gone so far as to not only did he start a book club. But he remembered that your favorite book, or one of your favorite books, was The Great Gatsby. So that's why he chose the name Jay, because that is a character who transforms in that book.
Speaker 2: What is happening?
Speaker 3: Are you serious? Yes, he likes you. He just wants to try it one more time.
Speaker 1: Can you say that higher, pitch Brook?
Speaker 2: No, Kenny can though, j J tell.
Speaker 4: Her, Yeah, I want you back a little.
Speaker 2: More romantic than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honey, honey, this this is you know, I can't do another Christmas about you. I just you know, anas of my life and you know I've made all these changes and I'll do anything for you.
Speaker 1: He totally didn't read that out of a book, by the way, that was from.
Speaker 3: Romantic.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what to say right now.
Speaker 1: Listen. I know this is probably really overwhelming, Jenna. We kind of blindsided you with this with your ex boyfriend.
Speaker 2: But no, I wantn't answer, Jess.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I'm getting to is. The name of this segment is Brooke gets you back together for Christmas. So we're hoping that you are going to be open to getting back with your new and improved ex Jay. What do you think, Jenna, are you willing to give your ex another shot?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, he sounds like he's making really good choices and that was the reason we broke up was that he wasn't.
Speaker 3: So the love never died.
Speaker 1: Something they say a lot of it is timing, So maybe this is the time.
Speaker 3: Dude, He's ready, He's ready Christmas? Is I think I am?
Speaker 2: I'm willing to try.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations, it sounds like you two is so cute. You're gonna at least meet and see how it feels, and if it works out, then one hundred percent of the credit goes to Brook.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, JEFFI refuse and never call you back, so we never know. Oh my god, how does that sound? It sounds great?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you too are so cute that I guarantee there's thousands of listeners texting their X right now, which is not always a good idea.
Speaker 4: Hey, would you mind call me by my new name? Like I just I would love to hear it? Jay, Okay, I love that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we better hang up with.
Speaker 3: On the phone before we have more vowels and Jeffrey in the morning, Well, another one in the bag.
Speaker 2: That was Brook breaks you up.
Speaker 3: And I have a lot of mixed feelings about this segment. I don't love doing it often.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I also think that, like, if you're not meant to be with someone, you should break it off. Like I hate when I've watched friends.
Speaker 3: Stay in relationships that aren't going anywhere, and I'm like, you're wasting your time, You're wasting your pretty move on.
Speaker 1: She's gonna stop cheating on me after the fourth time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, promise, So you know, as sad as it can be, I also think that it's usually for the best.
Speaker 2: What do you prefer doing. Brook breaks you up or Brook gets you back together?
Speaker 1: I don't know. In the middle of the intimate.
Speaker 3: Comes with your intimate life, flakes up with you in the morning, just me in the middle.
Speaker 2: I like that. Do we get any comment? Yes, we did, and.
Speaker 5: Said, whoever came up with this segment, genius.
Speaker 2: Let's slow it down a little bit.
Speaker 5: Someone said, please get Alexus to break someone up. Let me tell you would end up married or I.
Speaker 2: Feel like you just probably moved cities. Yeah, you know, I could change it. I'll change your name, your identity, sneak out in the middle of the night, I like it. Yeah, well there it is.
Speaker 3: Definitely leave your comments and hit that subscribe button. Thanks for being here. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.