Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 3: Scrub dub dub and the tub tub tub. Wow. I didn't hit record, but now I am. Wow, that would have been crazy crazy. She's a wife, I'm a wife. Raise your hand if you're married, raise your hand if you're married. Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean, where do we begin? I don't even know where to begin. There's so much to touch on. How are you feeling like?
Speaker 3: We're like coming back.
Speaker 2: From the wedding, which was obviously like a lot in terms of the planning and everything. Yeah, with the excitement of getting.
Speaker 3: Married, Yes, the build up for years, Yes.
Speaker 4: It happens, and it was incredible.
Speaker 5: It was literally more than I'd ever expected. It was everything I wanted times a million. But the after is so crazy, Like I definitely should not have come to work this week.
Speaker 6: I've been like, I disagree.
Speaker 5: I have been so unwell the last two days, Like I have been like not feeling good.
Speaker 3: I've been so run down.
Speaker 5: I feel like like you know when you're on your period and you feel like somebody came and suck the life out of you.
Speaker 2: I feel like that I mean, yeah, I literally can't imagine because I felt like that I did not exit my bed yesterday.
Speaker 3: I was so exhausted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was like thinking about you being at work and also like why did she go to work with?
Speaker 5: And insight any bride out there that's listening, definitely take a few days after your wedding.
Speaker 6: I'm so happy you came in. You're the best, Like that's that's what makes you Tanya. Is that kind of magic?
Speaker 3: Insanity great?
Speaker 5: It's like literally insane that I like went back to work the next day.
Speaker 3: But also just.
Speaker 5: Because like I felt like my body was on fight or flight mode for four full days, do you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like the minute we got to Mexico. The first day was a kind of chill, but then the next day it was just like full on and the people started arriving, and then you're on. Then you're on, you're on, You're on, and it's like this crazy high. And then I think that your body just like lets it all go, like it just like crashes. But I also wasn't sleeping, Like I didn't sleep because I was so excited, so like I barely slept, So I'm like not sleeping I'm on this like crazy adrenaline rush and then like it all just hits you and it's like crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's not sleeping, Yeah, it's stress. It's not eating much.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The day of my wedding, we were like in the middle of the horror and I was like, if I don't eat something, I'm I'm literally going to pass out on the dance floor. Like and I was like, I was like, everybody needs to stop talking to me, and I need to eat for ten minutes, Like seriously.
Speaker 3: It was fun.
Speaker 2: Well, we're jumping ahead, we're jumping ahead. Let's start from the beginning. So we flew to Mexico on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Yes, Becca flew with my husband and I, oh how many times many times?
Speaker 3: Am I gonna say husband this podcast, who was then just a mere fiance?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh, I flew because I wanted to help with like dressing, you know, any of the stuff that you need to help with.
Speaker 5: I have to say, you coming out there the day that you did with us was the best gift you could have ever given me.
Speaker 3: I was telling Haley.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was so it was so special, even like obviously anytime I have Hailey with me I love it, But it was so specifically special getting to have that time with both of you guys, like into like just to myself because I knew as soon as everyone got there, you're like mingling with everyone, so I wasn't gonna have your full attention, And it was so fun getting to like be there for those moments leading up too.
Speaker 5: It really was like the best gift you could have given us, Like I and like you were there and I like needed you there, like obviously I it's I would have been perfectly fine if it was just Robbie and I because he does all those things for me too, But like it was so nice having like somebody there, but also like you you know exactly like when to give us space, and like you weren't you know what I mean, Like we weren't together the whole time, like you would just go to your room chill for a little bit meet up. Like it was just the perfect amount of being there but like not being like always there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. It was very weird, but it was the best.
Speaker 5: Like I highly recommend that if anybody's getting married and they're doing a destination, like have your best friend go out there the day or two before with you, because it was the best, Like you helped keep me calm, like all the things, what do we need to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fun, I think going also as a bride, even just getting to your destination early on and getting settled, because like once people started coming next day.
Speaker 3: It was plan yeah, yeah, take off time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So everyone starts coming, people start arriving.
Speaker 3: You gave me a look like here we go. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But Wednesday night was pretty chill too. It was just like family, so that arrived.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for the most part, there were like one like maybe like one set of friends, and.
Speaker 2: Then Thursday came. First of all, I was staying like so far away.
Speaker 3: My room was so far away.
Speaker 2: From Tanya, and we had tried to switch it because we were like, oh, like you know, she texted her person was like, oh cut we I want my mate of honor closer, and I was like, I'm so far away, but they weren't able to move us. And so I got like ten thousand steps the day of the welcome party, just going back and forth, roaming around, going and doing I was like, dang, I hit my step goal today. And there's documentation of me saying this on the podcast that I was not going to drink that night, but I had my speech, right, everyone of their speech is the first night.
Speaker 3: Nobody can do that sober? Yeah, many people can, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like relatively sober when I gave a speech, and then once that was done, I I really exceeded my one drink, one shot limit that I had given myself on the podcast.
Speaker 6: It was a lot of drinking that first night, a lot a lot, Like people were very drunk, very quickly, because I'm very noticed when people get drunk, and like I was saying, oh, hi, nice to see you, Like they just got here and they're already a little bit off.
Speaker 3: Was that one of those no, no, no, yeah.
Speaker 2: When I saw you all first, I don't think I was there yet, But I have to say, because everyone keeps asking like how was Tanya, Like was she bride chilla?
Speaker 3: What was her vibe?
Speaker 2: Tanya was literally the most calm I've ever seen her, And I was like, either internally there's just like shotspiring left and right, and it's just subdued on the outside. But I was saying, how when you see a bride that calm and relax, It's it makes you feel like, wow, like this is the right Not that I doubted that you were doing the right thing, but it's almost like confirmation. Like while she's so at peace and like even with all the people coming in and there's so much going on that's still happening, there was this like calmness to you.
Speaker 5: I felt calm. Yeah, Like I was shocked at how calm I was.
Speaker 3: I was like, did you garden? Like what?
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, I honestly I didn't, but like I felt like I like took some sort of like chill pill or something. Yeah, especially the welcome party because it was like a little chaotic. I was like getting ready a little bit to the last minute, which I don't.
Speaker 3: Enjoy doing it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I didn't even get to look at a mirror before I left to go see everybody. I hadn't even looked at myself in a mirror. It was literally like putting my makeup on, put my they put my dress on for me, and I didn't even look take photos and then like out the door.
Speaker 3: So I was like, can someone do I look? Okay, what's going on? How do I look here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You didn't need to look in the mirror. You looked amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so we we had the rehearsal before we had the welcome party, and it was so sweet because Tanya even just like coming down the steps with her dad at the rehearsal, like there was already waterworks and she would like lean her head back as to not mess up her makeup, and she was like rushing her dad because she didn't want to cry. She's like, Dad, come on, I'm like Tanya, just soak it in and she's like, I don't want to cry. Before the party, Yeah, I was like walk faster, dad, like dracking him down. So I'm curious what where like when you got to the welcome party, what that felt like seeing because like that was the first time where you got to kind of see everybody arrive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's like the most i think overwhelming part of the weekend because everybody's there to see you, right, so, like everybody's there for you. Yeah, so you want to make sure that you're giving saying hi to everybody, buddy, spending time with everybody. You also don't want to be so rude and like not engage so much with people, But you also don't want to engage with someone too long because you want to like see everybody. Yeah, and then you don't want to rob and I didn't want to leave each other's side. We wanted to like try and do everything together, which is a fail.
Speaker 3: But we did a pretty good job. Like we did.
Speaker 5: That's eighty percent of the time we were like together. But that first night was I think the most overwhelming because I felt like that was like my first time seeing so many people. So I wanted to like hug everybody and like express my gratitude.
Speaker 3: But it's like one hundred people. Yeah, it's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was. The setup was so beautiful. It was on the sand. There were our tables were on the sand. There was a Mariachu band playing.
Speaker 5: Was it sinky sand or was it like hard sand?
Speaker 3: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I've tried your heels for a second, and they went straight.
Speaker 5: Through these My little little tiny, like pointy heel I said, if you have like a thicker heel on, I.
Speaker 2: Think people who had a thick keel on were fine. I did not have that, so I just went barefoot.
Speaker 3: I ended up going barefoot too, which.
Speaker 2: Is great for my later on my later on actions. Barefoot was best.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then we got into speeches, and I requested to go early on because I didn't want to go at the end too much pressure. I get really anxious when I speak in front of people if I'm reading something, and I felt like, even though I could have I can wing things and it could be good. I had already done that for your bridal shower, So I felt like it was important for me to like have intention behind what I was saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your speech was so good. Oh, thank you. I don't I blocked, I just I just got it was a Taylor.
Speaker 5: Swift quote they quote in there good friends.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw Robbie crying. I was like, okay, I've done my job here. My job here is done.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Well, we skipped a couple I don't want to, you know, I'll give short shrift to some of these speeches because Robbie's son was the first speech, and that was yeah powerful.
Speaker 2: Well, so I did not want to follow him. I was very stressed about following March.
Speaker 3: He wanted to go first. He was like, can I go first?
Speaker 6: He should have gone last because he was probably the best, but I mean he was really good. Yeah, yeah, it was really really moving.
Speaker 5: Oh he had to say, you know what's interesting what I heard a lot from this weekend, different guests that come up to me that came from divorced families.
Speaker 3: Our whole wedding was like very healing to a.
Speaker 5: Lot of people that grew up in like divorced, bad divorce situations. I don't know, parent situations. Yeah, like it was very healing. Like I had like two guests in particular come up to me saying how they wished that their step parent was like that they had what Robby and I have in our like family dynamic and it's weird. Yeah, I felt like it was like very healing for people.
Speaker 3: I don't have that, and it was healing for me.
Speaker 2: I don't come from from a stepparent situation.
Speaker 3: And I was like this is just but yeah.
Speaker 5: Like so he spoke at our at our bridal dinner, right, and this was like off the cuff. Everybody was just kind of like popcorn giving speeches and he was like I want to say something. We were like what, like you're ten and it was like so crazy. He did such a good job and everybody was like blown away. And so then he asked us, He's like, can I give a speech at the wedding. We were like sure, you know, like we didn't want to put that pressure on either one of them. And so yeah, he like wrote it. He had like three paragraphs and he just delivered it. Yeah, just no fear.
Speaker 3: It was so impressive and people.
Speaker 5: Kept clapping and He's like, I'm not done yet, I'm not done.
Speaker 3: So cute. Yeah, it was really cute.
Speaker 6: Robbie's dad we got to talk about. Yeah, he talked about listening to the morning show and yes, and learning about your cycle. Yes, and whether he's a backer or a Tanya. Yes, very very He was great. And what really impressed me about him he had nothing written down. That was all off the top of anatomy. Maybe he memorized or thought us with things today, but he was so funny. Yeah, without any kind of notes or anything.
Speaker 5: I agree, I was. I was very taken aback by his.
Speaker 3: Speech. I did not expect it to be that funny.
Speaker 6: It was really funny.
Speaker 2: It was like one there was like one liner after the next. Oh my god, was listening to him. I was like, we're getting scrubbing in shout ouse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is wild, every kind of shout out. Yeah, the cycles.
Speaker 5: Robbie told me that his dad wanted to like clear two of the jokes with him to make sure that they were okay, and the cycle joke was one of them.
Speaker 2: Your cycle is a huge part of our community because like the amount of questions that I got my question box about your period.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is so funny. We'll get to that. Yeah, obviously we'll get to that. We will get to that. But yeah, it was really great.
Speaker 2: Like all of Robbie's groomsman got up and gave like like many speeches together, and Pauline and Raquel.
Speaker 6: Pauline got me. At the end of her speech, he said, t you did it right. That one got me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hers was very emotional. Ryan was like sobbing at Paulina's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pauline's really got Ryan.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was shocked.
Speaker 6: I mean, we'll get to that, but shout out to Ryan just from the beginning, just Ryan really came through this weekend. Yeah, phenomenal.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you kind of forget until you watch other people's reaction to him how huge of a deal he is. Yeah, Like when he came for the rehearsal and everyone is trying to act like cool and chill, and He's like trying.
Speaker 3: To be normal, but like no one's acting. It's just such a you know what.
Speaker 5: I also want to commend, like I feel like nobody really treated him so different then, you know what I mean, Like there wasn't like a line of selfies. There wasn't like you know what I mean, Like he was kind of like just one of the one of the crew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just that.
Speaker 2: Feeling that you you feel it if you know it, where you can tell people are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people differently when there's a celebrity in the room.
Speaker 4: But once he settled in, Yes, it felt like he was settled in.
Speaker 3: But like nobody wanted to sit at our table with us and him.
Speaker 6: Like I was like, why is by himself? Food?
Speaker 3: I was like, why isn't anybody else gonna sit here?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that that when it's your table, it's like, oh, his family sit I think there's kind of there.
Speaker 4: I think that was a hesitancy more than it was Ryan.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, I didn't know because we didn't have tables, we didn't have assigned seats. The first night, it was just kind of like first comfort serve, wherever you want to sit. Yeah, but yeah, I guess that was like the prime table, right.
Speaker 2: And you never know, like he's a fan who's sitting there right right, right right. I don't think it was right, Okay, not that Ryan's on a huge deal. I'm just saying I think that was more like being respectful.
Speaker 5: But yeah, So like the speeches, and our whole thing was we wanted the speeches the night before because we didn't want we just want to party the next night.
Speaker 3: We didn't want speeches at the actual reception, so we.
Speaker 5: Did them all the night before. And I think it was okay in terms of length.
Speaker 6: Oh great, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: By the way, I don't have a single complaint from that entire weekend, whether it's sifty sand or hard sand or the length of the speeches. I have zero complaints from touchdown to take off.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is nice. It was perfect, Like it was. It was it.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy it exceeded your expectations because I was like, this is there's so much hype around this weekend and like it's a destination and you can't predict things and how things are going to go or how everyone's going to interact, right, and it was it exceeded every expectation that I had.
Speaker 3: It was just so fun and everyone was so happy for you guys and like, Okay.
Speaker 5: So so after this, which is we had this plan where we were going to like do the fireworks, but they planned it for like a specific time, and the speeches ended earlier than the time, so they were like, can you vamp for thirty minutes?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, maybe I.
Speaker 5: Can, like sing my I have a husband, And I was like going to maybe like do a little performance and like sing that, and then she was like, okay, actually it's ten minutes. So I was like okay, okay, and so the whole thing was like Rob and I were gonna give a toast and then it was gonna like the fireworks go off. I think at that point I was like kind of drunk. Oh really yeah, tipsy, Yeah, could you tell?
Speaker 6: I could tell very dru.
Speaker 3: I was really yes, Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 5: Even know you had to dream because you were three sheets.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't go three sheets till we'll talk about my three sheets.
Speaker 3: But I didn't. I didn't go there till after my speech because I was like, yeah, this was after all the speeches, but.
Speaker 6: I'm a little drunk.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, oh you did say that.
Speaker 5: I remember, Yeah, I was a little drunk at that point, but that was pretty cool. Like I like, I was like, I knew the fireworks wouldn't be cool, but like some people were so excited about the fireworks.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, when you go like five four three two one in a fireworks launch over the ocean, it's pretty epic.
Speaker 3: So we wanted them for this reception. Is it time to take a break?
Speaker 6: A fact?
Speaker 3: Who a real cliffhanger.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, all right, that banger of a cliffhanger.
Speaker 3: You were going to do the fireworks for the reception.
Speaker 5: We were going to do them for the reception for the wedding day, but because they go off on the beach, we were like, maybe we do it for the welcome party to make it be like the kickoff.
Speaker 3: And I was like, great idea, babe. That was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it made more sense since we were on the beach. Yeah, because the reception was not in the.
Speaker 5: Garden, the fireworks would have been like not right there. Yeah, we were right there.
Speaker 6: It was so cool.
Speaker 7: It was like Disneyland level, like there was like giant ones or and it went on for a while.
Speaker 6: It was a great show.
Speaker 3: Sixty seconds to be exact.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you pay for the minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you can do.
Speaker 5: You pay per minutes, so you can do sixty seconds, ninety seconds, and then there's like one other.
Speaker 6: That's good to know because I felt sixty seconds was adequate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean more than six no, no, no, I was like, maybe spring for the three minute sessions.
Speaker 3: I would have done in three minutes. Yeah, yeah, no, it's good. It goes a good call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was perfect. It was so fun.
Speaker 3: That's when stuff started getting weird. Oh weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like people started getting very drunk after the fireworks.
Speaker 2: I feel how we were like, oh, you know, people go so hard on the first night. Like I specifically was like, I'm not going to do that. Like, if anything, I might just wait until the wedding to drink m M.
Speaker 3: And Robbie too.
Speaker 2: Robbie was, oh my gosh, I maybe had at least eight tequila shots.
Speaker 5: I also felt like there wasn't like Robbie's guests and Tanya's guest It felt very much like it was all just one big guest fest.
Speaker 2: It was a guest fest. Yeah, and I celebrated. I was just celebrating. I took a shot for every person who was there. No, I'm just kidding, Bet it was. It was excessive and I didn't eat because I was nervous about my speech.
Speaker 3: So I and I had walked ten thousand steps that day, so you were tired. I literally dehydrated.
Speaker 2: All the things. It was bad, bad combo. So but I I had a great time, Like I had so much fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't remember what time we'd shut down that dinner.
Speaker 3: I think we had it till ten. I think we went till ten thirty.
Speaker 5: Then everybody wanted to like after party, so they went to the bar next door.
Speaker 4: This is where things really took a turn for me.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, this is where things are taking a turn, because everybody shot for the groom.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, no, the groom needs to wake up tomorrow.
Speaker 5: So then like people kept like Michael kept taking Robbie's shot, like taking them himself, and I was like, yeah, but that was very much appreciative because I was like, he was so drunk that like one or two more shots would have dub him in. Like he was like a good drunk, like you know, didn't get sick anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm glad someone. I'm glad Michael took the took one for the team. Yah, yeah, yeah, yeah, because that wouldn't have been good. Robbie seemed to find the next day he was fine, totally fine. Yeah you However, I, however, I have never been so sick waking up in my entire I could knock get off the bathroom floor. The next morning, I was like, I cannot stand up. I felt like I was gonna throw up anytime I stood up. I was like, Haley, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm texting contiers, like do y'all have an IV service? And then I'm like it's gonna take too long. I'm like, I gotta be at Tanya's to get ready. Haley goes, why don't you just tell her you're not feeling well and just tell her you'll.
Speaker 3: Be there for the wedding.
Speaker 2: I go to work, I'll just be getting ready and then we have photos all day until the wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I was like, I just I just have to go.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm gonna get I packed my little bag of all my stuff and I'm hunched over walking to the golf cart.
Speaker 3: He's driving me.
Speaker 2: I'm like spinning in the golf cart. I get to your room, I'm like, hey, go straight back to your bathroom, lay on the ground. Robbie comes back, He's like, are you okay? And I'm like no, I literally can't stand up. I don't know what I'm gonna do. So I go and sit down at the window because I was like, I can't stand to do my makeup, so I'm just gonna like prop my phone up and act like oh, I.
Speaker 3: Want to be in the room with everyone, and I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: Midway through getting ready, I get up, go and throw up in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I never say a single thing to Tanya. She's like, hey, do you have blah blah blah? Do you have the playlist?
Speaker 3: I'm like yeah, yeah. I'm like she cannot know and I did not know. Yeah, I just power powered through. I found out yesterday it was.
Speaker 2: Self induced, so it wasn't like, oh, everyone's trying to be like I think you got food poisoning.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, you guys, this is called shots.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: So all day I would like have to take breaks and sit down.
Speaker 2: And the photographer had is zofran, which is like a prescribed like for nausea, so that like saved me. But like I was like nibbling on bread like I could not. I was just like sucking down electrolytes as much as I could, Like I all threw.
Speaker 3: Up the day. I'd be like, I just need to sit down.
Speaker 5: I literally had no idea, Like you put on a A plus acting.
Speaker 3: Wow, thank you, well, thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I should be applauded. I should have never put myself in this position. But yeah, I did the opposite of what I said I was gonna do.
Speaker 3: Like in hindsight, I could maybe now see that you were like a hair off, just.
Speaker 5: Quiet, a little quieter than usual. But I had no idea you were on the bathroom floor. I had no idea you threw up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Did you drink it all on Friday? No, even the wedding, even the reception, Nope, not once of alcohol? Nope.
Speaker 2: Why you didn't even know?
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I didn't know. You asked me to go get shots for us. I had them pour me water. They had like a full performance, as if I had taken a Wow.
Speaker 2: No one knew, and I felt I had so much fun. I was like, wow, this was great.
Speaker 3: You can't without drinking present I like really took in every moment.
Speaker 2: I just also have to say that Tanya's reception setup was one of the most stunning setups that I've seen.
Speaker 3: It was like twinkle light tents.
Speaker 4: Ahead of ourselves, of the ceremony.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, yeah, So anyways, that was fine.
Speaker 6: So we are at the morning of right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so now we're getting ready and I was actually super chill during that whole process, Like I had my hair shout out to David and my makeup Liz.
Speaker 3: They were doing their thing.
Speaker 5: Sophia was like locked in, Like she was so locked in in terms of bridesmaid If I said, like I needed anything, she had it in my hand within two seconds. I was like, I need a hard bowled egg, ordered it. I need salt ordered it, I need whatever, Like she had it in my hand. I was like, I need champagne. She ordered the most expensive shit.
Speaker 3: We're going through the bill. Robbie was like, who ordered the dom pair and yellows.
Speaker 5: I was like, okay, god, so yeah, but anyways, like whatever I needed, she ordered it.
Speaker 3: She was like there. Like she literally was like so locked in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you all were, Honestly, everybody was like very very locked in. But people like wanted to come, Like my mother in law wanted to come in, like take a photo with me.
Speaker 3: Like I was like, cool, no problem. I went sat in the bed, took a couple of photos with her. Goodbye. My sister in law came in, wanted to take a picture with me, took some photos.
Speaker 1: Cool bye, Like I felt like, I was like, so chill, so chill, yeah, so relaxed.
Speaker 3: Like I was like, whoever, They're like, we don't want to overwhelm Tanya.
Speaker 5: I was like, who can everybody can come in whatever they want, whoever you want.
Speaker 3: I have my own little section. Yeah. I was chilling, so chill, yeah, calm, peaceful.
Speaker 5: I was panicked a little bit because I realized that both of our vows were on our phones, and I didn't want the phones. I felt like reading them on phones was like kind of tacky, but handled that situation quickly sent them to our shout out Marjorie, our wedding planner, printed them out.
Speaker 3: Then what what came the first one? I missed something? What you gave him? The photo?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, the night before I did the morning of our wedding, which I wish we had so because of the night before we didn't go to sleep because the first night was so fun. We got back to our room and Robbi and I were like, Robbie showered, I took a bath, and we were like chatting about the whole night for like an hour.
Speaker 3: We're like in the shower, in.
Speaker 5: The bath, just like chatting, talking, like reminiscing, like, Oh, what did you see?
Speaker 3: What did you see? What do you think? What do you think? So we stayed up till like three thirty four in the morning.
Speaker 5: Wow, And my gland was coming to my room at ten thirty the next morning, so I was like, we have a very short window.
Speaker 3: Oh no, my face was coming in at nine am.
Speaker 5: So I was like a very short window for me to give him this boudoir book. But I really wanted to do it the morning of the of our wedding. So I get out and I give him the book, and uh, he loved it. He freaking loved it, like he thought it was so beautiful, and he was like where were He was like asking me out, where were you?
Speaker 3: When did you do this? I was like my bachelor party. He was like who did these photos? I was like Becca and like everybody else was like doing the lighting and the setting a scene, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he loved it. Yeah, great gift idea great good to know. Yeah, because you weren't.
Speaker 3: Sure it turned out great. He's like obsessed with it. Well, keep that hidden in the drawer. Yeah yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 5: It was very well received and I'm so happy I did it the way that I did. I did not need to spend three thousand dollars on that.
Speaker 6: But also interesting, just for traditionalists listening, that you gave him gifts the morning of the wedding. You slept together the night before the wedding. You know a lot of people don't see each other until you walk down the aisle.
Speaker 5: Well, I knew we weren't doing a first I knew we were doing a first look. Any I knew I was going to see him before we walked down the aisle. Just logistically, I was like, I didn't want to spend after the ceremony.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to be with everybody.
Speaker 5: So I knew I didn't want to take a bunch of photos after the ceremony. I just wanted to get there, So I wanted to do everything before. So I already knew weren't going to see each other for the first time down the aisle. So I was like, why did I not want to spend the night before I get married to my husband?
Speaker 6: I get that? Yeah, just saying.
Speaker 3: Modern woman over here, she does what she wants.
Speaker 4: Andy started your period and then I got my period.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's great the morning when the morning of my wedding, literally wake up to my period?
Speaker 3: Wow, what are the odds? It feels very own brand? It does, but does the universe know my brand? Yeah? That's why I give it to you? Crazy. I could not believe it. I was like, are you freaking joking me?
Speaker 5: But I'm glad at least I got it in the morning, so I knew I had it instead of guessing all day, and so like that felt nice. But let me tell you, having your best friends walk you into the bathroom and hoist your dress up while you're having to change of bloody tampon is a level of closeness that I.
Speaker 3: Never Yeah, I never never thought i'd know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, something special about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you were super, super calm, and I wanted to get to the procession book the first look.
Speaker 4: But first we're going to take a break, all right.
Speaker 2: So you had talked to me that before this podcast and on this podcast that you were doing a first look. Yeah, because you wanted to save time after the wedding, so you knew that you were gonna have that moment.
Speaker 5: Yes, tell us about it, Okay. So I thought it was so cute. And then another piece of advice for bride's out there. Sophia really wanted to like watch the first look, and then like Paulina and Becker were like, well, we want to watch it too, and.
Speaker 3: I was like, great, everybody should watch it. Why not?
Speaker 5: Like everybody was like they were like shocked that I said that they could come, and I'm like, we're not going to notice anything but each other, And I'm like, how cool. But I'm so glad you guys got to see it because there's like videos. Ashley got video of like us doing the first look and then she'd like pan over and like my best friends are like wiping their tears and they're like part of the moment. So it was like really special that you guys got to like be there and see that.
Speaker 2: I've never gotten to do that before. I was like, that was the coolest thing ever getting to be there.
Speaker 3: We were like the photographers were.
Speaker 2: Like, you're in the way you're in, the ways that we're just like uttering around, like tell us where to go?
Speaker 5: He cried, of course, Yeah, it was so beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if you really, like if.
Speaker 2: You remembered what happened, but he Tonia taps him on the shoulder and he turned around and he just like stares at her, and it was like the sweetest moment.
Speaker 3: He just like took you in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like he just like looked at you and took you your beauty in. And then I think, I don't know what he said. I couldn't hear.
Speaker 4: I wasn't that close, but they weren't miked up.
Speaker 2: But it was like the most beautiful moment of watching y'all see each other, like the way that you were going to become like husband and wife, you know. Yeah, So it was so special. Thanks for letting us be apart.
Speaker 5: No, it was like, so I love that you guys got to see it. So we did the first look and then we went and just took like a ton of photos of like family, bridal party all that, and then before I knew it, it was cocktail hour and I was like, oh my gosh, like we're doing this, like we're freaking doing this, and uh, Robbie came back to my room. So it was me, Robbie and then all the bridesmaids. Right, so all the bridesmaids, me and Robbie in the room. I was like, I need some champagne. And then I started get nervous like at that point because I was like, it's like happening. And then they golf carted us over and then I started to get like really nervous because we were like there by the way. I heard that the food at the Cocktail Hour was really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so again no complaints.
Speaker 5: Again, I heard it was the best food, that their favorite was.
Speaker 3: The food from Cocktail Hour was good.
Speaker 6: What was it was? Was it lovedter taco.
Speaker 3: Tacos, some sort of chicken something, chicken burgers?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I saw Kennedy with a burger and I was like, did she bring that in from somewhere else? You got to hear all right, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, even not partake, I've been happy to miss out. Really.
Speaker 2: Yes, we got to the place of walking down the aisle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what were you.
Speaker 2: Feeling because it was like you saw your dad and what we had just seen them for photos but it was like the moment was approaching.
Speaker 5: That's like the first time I got nervous all day was like that at that point. So I'm like, how's this going to go down? Like you know what I mean, Like you rehearse it, but like I don't know, you know what I mean? Like that was crazy. And then I was like hearing the strings and that was started to like make me really emotional.
Speaker 3: So I was already starting.
Speaker 5: To cry, and I put the veil over my head. It was really hard for me to see. Like I had to like really focus on the stairs because like I had like a staircase that went down, and I really had to focus on the stairs. And my dad is the one that ends up tripping and like almost really going down hard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a little bit scary.
Speaker 4: I couldn't see him, So what happened.
Speaker 6: Just to stumble on the left step but he caught himself. But he caught it himself kind of he was a parallel to the ground when he caught himself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it could have been really bad.
Speaker 6: He went down pretty him up.
Speaker 3: No oh, And I didn't go down with him at all, I know, but you could have.
Speaker 6: Like that's that's what I'm saying, like there's a point where he caught himself that if he hadn't caught himself, they're both going, yeah.
Speaker 3: It was bad. I didn't know that. I just I thought you were going to catch yourself up. Yeah, it could have been really bad.
Speaker 6: And my first thing was that it was that a joke, like was he doing a bit Like he was like, oops, I almost fell but no.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no no bit.
Speaker 5: So he walks me up, and then I kind of blacked out, if I'm being honest, but I was.
Speaker 3: Going to ask what it was like walking towards Robbie.
Speaker 4: But do you not remember?
Speaker 5: I remember, I remember him coming. He took the veil over my head, tried to kiss me. Yeah yeah, but yeah at that point I like kind of blacked out, like I remember it, but like not.
Speaker 3: Well I saw you.
Speaker 2: So then uh, once Ryan told everyone to be seated, the bridal party went and sat down, so we got to like watch, which I loved. Another thing for future brides, have your bridal party stand there so they get to see the bridewalk down the aisle and then let them go and.
Speaker 6: Then have a seat.
Speaker 3: It was so nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, otherwise you're up there, somebody passes out because they got to yeah relaxed. Yeah, but one thing we skipped over is every person who came down had a different song to come down to that the String Quartet played. Oh yeah, and you chose all of those?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well Roby and I together, okay, yeah that was.
Speaker 5: Actually and tandem. But yeah, we had Ryan go down to Cold Play Yellow, and then we had our bridal party come down to the Bones Maren Morris and then Beyond Leon Bridges with which are two songs that like have a lot of significance to our relationship. And then we had the boys and Sonny walk down to Here Comes the Sun was favorite.
Speaker 2: That was when I That was when I started the tears.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that one was that was special. And then I came down to Invisibles. Oh Robi sorry, Robbie went down to at A at A James at Last, Oh yes, yeah. And then I came down to Invisible String Taylor Swift. Yeah, but the again I blacked out. But the violin violin the strings were good, right, oh yeah, they were really good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got reports that they were really good.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 6: They also played like a track, like a drum track under some of their songs like to make it just sound fuller.
Speaker 3: Yeah good.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So then Ryan did his thing and he.
Speaker 6: Crushed it, crushed it, like, couldn't have asked for a better performance for more. It was really phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Perfect top to bottom.
Speaker 5: Yep, Like his intro, we basically gave him like a little bit of like a script or like a flow of the events, like kind of like intro vows, just like the skeleton of the ceremony. And then we just told him like you have total freedom to like do what you want with it. And he crushed it, like top to bottom, crushed it.
Speaker 3: Knew when to like when we set our vowels to each other, he like moved out of the way, like stepped aside. Let us say our vows to each other.
Speaker 6: Like and people will say, like, oh, of course, Like he is a TV host, he knows what he's doing and all this stuff, but he's never done something like this before.
Speaker 3: No, he's never done this.
Speaker 6: Totally different.
Speaker 5: It's so different, especially you're a host, like you're supposed to be in every shot, in every frame, and like this is so different because it's like it's.
Speaker 6: He's kind of the host, but he's not the star.
Speaker 3: You too are Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: But he was so funny and so charming and so and sweet and kind and telling your story. I just I just thought it was a masterful performance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like really sentimental and like sensitive but also very funny and engaging. Like it was perfect, and like we didn't want a super serious ceremony. We wanted it to be like lighthearted and like fun and people to like laugh, and.
Speaker 3: He just like crushed it. He crushed it.
Speaker 4: Emuel's vows. Yes, so you went first.
Speaker 2: Had to go first, which we all could have imagined that that would have been emotional, but it was so perfect because it was so you, and it was like so.
Speaker 3: Sweet and.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, and also you were like laugh crying through most of it, and it was just so perfectly Tanya.
Speaker 6: Yes, because I couldn't talk because you were crying so hard, but the people would laugh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 5: One point where I was just like, I have to say this fast because I had to just get through it because I, like, I was crying so hard.
Speaker 2: But the real, the real tear jerker is when you turned to the boys and address them, which I think would be where everyone cohesively lost it and didn't get it back after that point because you addressed.
Speaker 3: The boys and to the boys. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she had she had asked me to proofread the her vows on the plane, just to give any any notes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And when I got to that point, I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is where we're all gonna collectively go down.
Speaker 3: And it was perfect.
Speaker 2: And I think that is what healed so many people who have had, you know, negative experiences or divorce parents or step parents. I think it was like this moment that you've shown that to them, since you've been in a relationship with Robbie and since you've been in their lives, like you've shown that commitment to them. But there was this like significance of everyone being there and you looking directly at them after making your vows to their dad. That like made it so beautiful and like.
Speaker 3: It was perfect.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like one of my friends said, she was like, I grew up in a divorce household and they're like the the parents kind of had like a lot of different people in and out of their lives, and she she was like, I always felt like the step kid, Like I always felt not committed to and not nurtured and not cared for. And like that was like really sad, you know, because like she still thinks of it today.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I knew I wanted to include them and I wanted to have vowels for them, but I didn't know like if I should make them like a little funny or like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like perfect though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was sin and it it was a moment for y'all, but it didn't It wasn't like uncomfortable for them, you know, it was.
Speaker 4: Just like perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah right. He was like they're like.
Speaker 4: But they were just smiling at you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I was like, okay, we're I got you right, yeah, and they're like dah, like okay.
Speaker 2: So then Robbie gave his vowels and that's where I think Easton's contact came out.
Speaker 3: From crying too hard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I started sobbing and then and my eyes were all blurry and then my right eye was much blurrier than the other one, and I'm like, oh god, it came out and I thought it had popped onto my sunglasses. I took it off and it was nowhere to be found, and I was quietly panicking, and uh then I nudged Alison and she found it.
Speaker 2: On.
Speaker 7: She found it in the dirt on the ground, and we just see very very uh surreptitiously rinse it off with some bottled water and popped it back. But I was like, oh man, this is this is a this is a big, tiny moment. I cried my contacts out watching this happen.
Speaker 6: Something about guys crying is it's impossible to not cry when you see a guy break down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he broke down. Yeah he broke down. I guess that's what it was too.
Speaker 2: Like we knew Tanya was going to break down because she told, like, we've known that that was going to happen, and but even still, it was so like there was something about it that was just so sweet. Even though we knew you were, like I expected you to cry, it was still like perfect.
Speaker 4: But then Robbie crying through the whole his whole vowels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had no tissues. My hands were like all like soaked. My whole face and hands were drenched because I just kept try to like wipe them and didn't have anything to do with it.
Speaker 5: Was I was shoving tissues down my dress, putting her tissue into her cleavage because I was just like I don't know what to do, Like it was just constant. So then we went to break the glass and we had like the wrong type of glass out there. So there was like a five minute like it was about like five minutes, I know what it was.
Speaker 3: And then Ryan pronounced his husband, and what would.
Speaker 6: You like to hear that? Oh? Yes, First of all, here's a little taste of the strings that Tanya walked down to.
Speaker 5: And they learned that too, like they learned those those three songs, they learned beyond h the Bones and Invisible String.
Speaker 6: And here is the moment, Tanya and Rocky, by the love that has brought us here today, by the vowels you have exchanged, and by the strength of your commitment, I now pronounce you husband and.
Speaker 3: Crazy. It's so crazy, it's so crazy, So you'll do like out of body. Yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 5: I felt like I was like floating on top of myself, like looking down being like.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, this is really cool. Like it was really crazy.
Speaker 2: So y'all did a kiss at the altar when he announced you really great kiss you.
Speaker 6: Well that was funny too. They kept trying to kiss and Ryan kept stopping that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, every time you would come together and be like like after.
Speaker 3: The vows, yeah, it feels weird to kiss.
Speaker 2: And then y'all did a mid aisle kisses which was stunning.
Speaker 3: A dip a dip, a dip with a kiss, yeah, and then y'all headed to pictures.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So then basically everybody was so funny because we walked out the way that everybody was like going to walk out to the reception, and like everybody was like tea, Robbie like, go, you're gonna have to like see everybody.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, I want to see everybody.
Speaker 5: Like I was like I just didn't want to leave at that point, so I was like, I'll take five photos and then that's it. Like I was like, I just want to like get to the dance floor. So we took the photos on the beach and then we went straight into the reception.
Speaker 6: And I think we should maybe save the reception for a part too, because we're on pace for a two hour podcast. Oh my, you should break it up. Sorry to be that Guy?
Speaker 3: Part two Wow, coming soon, So let's tea.
Speaker 6: What else can we look forward to in part two?
Speaker 3: First dance? Yeah, what else?
Speaker 4: No, the reception in and of it changing into a second dress.
Speaker 3: Yes, the logistics, food.
Speaker 4: The drinks, the dancing, the band.
Speaker 3: Is it over now?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh. Yeah, that was one of the highlights of my wedding.
Speaker 3: Like we're going to talk about it, yeah, in part two of this