Speaker 1: I Am all in again. Oh that's you.
Speaker 2: I Am All in Town Meeting with Suzanne French and Tara suit an iHeartRadio podcast. Hi guys, welcome to a special episode of I'm All in Town Meeting.
Speaker 3: We are literally in the town in the town we are in, well, we're saying.
Speaker 2: A little bit outside of New Milford, Connecticut, but we are by the way. It's Tara and Suzanne. Oh yeah, we are in a town called dan Berry, staying at hotel a little bit outside of New Milford, Connecticut, where there is a Gilmore Girls big event convention this weekend called a Weekend in the Life, put on by this company called Decade Days, And this kind of came up out of nowhere. We saw the event and we knew Scott was coming and Amy was like, you guys should go to the town. And obviously we know that different parts of Connecticut were inspired by the show. When Amy and Dan were creating the show, they.
Speaker 1: Came the other way around. The show was a show.
Speaker 2: It's been a long day. We've been walking all day. But yeah, the show was inspired by towns in Connecticut. So we're here and we yeah, it was a fun day. This was day one of the event. It's three days. We're staying for two of them. And today we had a meet and greets and we got to explore the town. And I guess, Susanne, where do you want to start?
Speaker 3: We could start at the beginning, I guess. So we arrived in the morning and the first thing we did was head to check in. Now I have to say I have never ever been to Connecticut before either. I've not really spent I've been to Boston a couple times, but I've never been anywhere else in New England.
Speaker 2: So it's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: It's gorgeous, and we kept saying, I bet this is so pretty in the fall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really gloomy. It's like for two Californias. It is forty It was like forty five degrees all day. We were cold, but we were walking, so it was you know, yeah, fine, it was manageable, but it's kind of like the trees are dry, gloomy. So it's gorgeous. But we were just saying, the fall must be amazing here with the leafs.
Speaker 3: So we pull into the town and the first thing we saw was the church with the white steeple. We're like, oh my gosh, now we get it.
Speaker 2: Part of me at first I was like, oh my god, Warner Brothers did it after like this town. But it's clearly like Susanna was saying, like there are other parts like in Connecticut that look kind of the same. Yeah, but it's there was like a main road and the whole time I'm like, where where is it going to feel like stars hollow? And we turns into the street and it literally was like the town square. There was a post office, there was a library. Where was the place that we did check in? It was the town town hall. There was a bank that's now like a bank into a banquet, but yeah, it was so we went and checked in, we got our lanyards, and we got a T shirt, and then we started roaming the town. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they have.
Speaker 3: Different different opportunities scheduled, so a lot of the town on their own, the different shops and locations came up with their own things like the library is doing trivia, and there there's these different pop ups, like there's a Luke Steiner pop up, and there's a Star's Hall of Books, and just all around the town market.
Speaker 1: A Dozey's Market.
Speaker 3: And then on top of that, there's the celebrity part of it where you could get a selfie or an autograph or a photo op, which is with a professional photographer. So we spent a lot of time like trying to plan out the best way to see everything. Yeah, we wanted to see and we didn't even get to everything. So we're doing more tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I told Susanne, like when we're leaving, I was like, can we come back tomorrow and do like one more like lap We did go to all this. I think we went to every single store though.
Speaker 1: I think we did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. Minus we didn't go into the cafe, which we should gogether coffee there tomorrow, right.
Speaker 3: We didn't make it to the Dragonfly either, Oh.
Speaker 2: Because we had to drive there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well it wasn't walking. I mean, I guess it was, but there's like it's just roads. I don't want to walk on the side of the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the first thing we did was we walked into what was a Dosie's Market and we were so shocked because we just thought, like, this is like just a small town. Yeah, we didn't know the town was going to fully commit to filmore Girls. Yeah, so we walk in and I at first, it's funny. I wanted a hot tea. I ended up not even getting it because I got so distracted by everything. So they were like these candies and stuff, and they were all packaged by like characters. It was like Miss Patty's peppermint or peppermint patties or whatever it was. And then like Richard had like a cocktail nut mix, which was like so Richard, And then it was Laura. I had licorice, Rory's was gummy bears, Emily's were these dark chocolate cookies, and then I think there was also a Lorelei like lemon cookie.
Speaker 3: It was Lane, sorry it was, and then Luke's salad topping, like a crunchy topping.
Speaker 2: And they had a little bag you can put it in that said like Loral and Rory's like movie night, like very cute, very detailed. And then there were candles, and the candles were all based on like like Friday night dinner. Yeah, and we noticed that we're not going to give you every single detail. I feel like we could go through every store of what we saw. But there was another store that I ended up buying candles from, which also had like a star's hollow candle and then Oi with the poodles already and and so it's just people in the town got very creative. Like the local stores. There was also a store that sold Susanne and I both bought an ornament that someone hand painted. I mean, how many you think were there? Like one hundred? Yeah, she probably hand painted like one hundred ornaments of what is the gazebo and then it says stars Hollow, Connecticut. And everyone was a little different because it's hand painted. But yeah, people really committed to this town, really committed to this convention, and it's it's really really to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we went to we had dinner at a little restaurant that had Gilmore specific menu items. So they had I had Suki's Magic Prisota, which was really good. It was shrimp and scallops. It was just it was really good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had the it was a part and on the menu it's haid Independence and so it looked like it was like the menu. And then I had from the little Gilmore section, I had the Lobster bisk which was fabulous. And then for lunch, we went to a pizza place and they had Lorealize ten foot pizza.
Speaker 1: Yes, lorealized birthday pizza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which it was funny. I was talking to the owner and she's like, oh, this delivered last night. I had to assemble it myself. But it was so funny because she like, it's not like the event put it on right. The town committed to it like on their own. And then they were playing Gilmore Girls at the pizza place while we were eating, So we were like watched an episode while we ate lunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: We talked to so many like store owners and people like they were so excited to be a part of it, and you could tell a few of them hadn't like weren't familiar with Gilmore Girls, but they're like on the bandwagon, like they wanted to, you know, make it a good experience.
Speaker 2: I kind of wonder now as we talk and I say this out loud, I wonder if like there are little bits of stars hollow they leave here, Like I wonder if like the candles, Yeah, like I wonder if they just delivered or even like the way they package, like the candy, you know what I mean? Maybe not maybe not the things on the they were like signs in the window, oh in the bookstore, Oh, my god. The bookstore was so cute. There was a whole section for Gilmore girls. But there was a girl checking out in front of us and she had Even the girl working at the store was like, where did you find this? And it was a it was a board game. I can't remember what it was called, but it was like some It was like someone created like a homemade board game. And I was like that would be sold at Stars Hollow, Like it's so obvious. Yeah, And they were just like cute outfits, like little shops, a lot of mugs. You know what's funny is I I did the damage in shopping today. Suzanne had to watch me carry I think I have like six bags that are sitting behind you. I bought jam I bought a hat, I bought candles. I bought a little trinket tray that's Lukes. It's a lux mug. And I had like pink books. It was very cute. I probably put like my jewelry in there. And then I bought gummy bears. I did some and I feel like I missed a lot, Like I really wanted like a mug, but I don't know if I can travel back with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was The limiting factor for me is that I do not have a lot of room in my little tiny suitcase. So I had to really like rain myself in on what I bought because I could have really done.
Speaker 2: We have one more day and I have a carry on and I have a backpack. So yeah, I feel like by the end, I'm gonna leave with a mug. I just need to be because I really wanted one of those glass containers, but that's gonna break, so maybe a ceramic mug might be the way to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we did our meet and greets too, which I've never done a convention meet and greet, like I've been to a convention with Scott. Scott and I went to one that he was doing. I think it was twenty twenty three. It was two years ago in North Carolina and that was fun, but I've never been there. So the tickets we bought came with them. So Suzanne May met Yunique and I met Chad. Chad had a very long line that took a while, but we met some fun people in line. We met who we met at the pizza place and also they were in line behind me. There was a mother and daughter named Gabby and Gail, and I remember it because the G and g and they had their kids with them, and they were very, very sweet. They drove from Indiana. They drove, like they said they drove. I think it was thirteen hours. Yeah, yeah, they drove the whole way. And so they came for this event. And then I met that's a long way to drive with little Yeah. I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: The kids were pretty good though.
Speaker 2: They were like they were kind of it was so funny. One of them was like reaching out to like hold like for me to hold her in the like, no, I just want to hold you.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: It was there, very friendly. And then when I was in line for the photos, there was a mom and a daughter in front of me. I don't remember the daughter's name, but the mom's name was Amanda and they were from Houston, Texas. And I kind of asked. I was like, how, you know, how did your thirteen year old daughter start watching Gilmore Girls? And she's like, well, it's funny, She's like I was laurelized. She's like, I have a thirty two year old, so my age difference is like she has a thirteen year old and a thirty two year old and she's like I and she's like, I live that life. And she said, my mom is literally Emily Gilmour and then she said that she was just watching The Household the Times. The thirteen year old started watching and she was dressed in like a Chilton outfit with the Luke's backpack and the mom had the Luke's coffee mug lounge fly. Yeah, we got to meet and there was a two girls we met who were from Toronto who literally stopped us on the street. Yeah, they saw Jackie posted one of the photos we texted Jackie and people noticed us. There was another girl who stop us in a store.
Speaker 3: Were Yeah, the name was it Leanna.
Speaker 1: I probably got that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you're sorry if I uph you remember you.
Speaker 1: And we were so cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They had met Scott before over Zoom and.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah they were on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, so yeah, so we met some great people and it was it was a good day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we we were talking to those girls from Toronto and they had been here since like it's today's Friday. They've been here since Wednesday, so they've had time to they it was funny. They did all the shopping and the stores. I did like the day before, and we think that everything that I bought was going to be sold out tomorrow because it's the weekend and everyone. But they were talking to people around the town and the one thing they said is they spoke to someone who worked, I think at the library and they were asking about town meetings and they're like, the town meetings here are exactly the town meetings at Stars Hollow, Like they argue over stu things and it is by a vote, like everyone just raises the man. And it makes me wonder, Like the people who live here, have they all watched Gilmore Girls? You think?
Speaker 3: I probably a lot of them have, maybe not all of them, but hardly enough.
Speaker 2: Everyone has had to watch at least one episode. Yeah, because I'm sure you have people coming in town, not just for this event, but coming into.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's people that will just drive around the area, finding small towns to remind them of Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 2: I mean that that gazebo, which then they said that the gazebo, they don't call it a gazebo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a whole big controversy apparently over whether it's a gazebo or a bandstand. Because I heard other people talking about it when I was in line to meet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so apparently it's.
Speaker 2: Quite the cool and apparently goes back for years. Yeah, trying to think what else, what else did we do? We just had a lot of walking and yeah, see everything was.
Speaker 1: Just really well done.
Speaker 3: There a lot of a lot of places had their windows painted for whatever, you know, pop up they were doing it.
Speaker 2: Everyone had a creative sign. Yeah post it on Instagram already if you want to go look and scroll. But everyone had like those little like blackboards outside and they had like cute, little super cute gilmourrisms which I did buy a book in the bookstore that was a pretty thick book and it has pop culture moments from every single episode. So I don't know if they sell that anywhere, probably like Amazon, but in the moment I felt like I should buy.
Speaker 1: This from stars Allow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it was it was great. We're looking forward to tomorrow. So tomorrow is actually at most of what we're going to be doing is at a different venue. There's the Connecticut Sports Arena, and that's where the like the celebrity panel is going to happen. More of like kind of the meet and greet photo ops stuff is going to happen there too, So we're gonna go check that out and then we'll have another report.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna talk about what goes on at the panels. Yeah, I know you guys liked our Payleyfest episode. It's I don't know if it's gonna be like that, but yeah, probably a lot of fan questions.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so there's there's two different panels.
Speaker 3: There's one that's a celebrity panel, and they haven't exactly listed all of the celebrities that will be on the panel, but I assume it's gonna be all of them.
Speaker 1: They're there tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So the people who are the talent from the show who is here is there's Scott Chad, Michael Murray, Matt Zukrie. But Matt Zuker is only here at least as far as we know, he's only doing the Sunday appearance. And then John Cabrera is here, Yanique Trusdale, Todd Low. Oh yeah, it says like Guanique is here all weekend, John is here all weekend, Todd's here all weekend, and Scott is Saturday Sunday. So yeah, people are buying meet and greet. It's in selfies and yeah, everyone's just really excited to be here and everyone's so friendly. Everyone has been very friendly. But yeah, so we are. We'll be posting more on Instagram so you guys can see. But I think that's it. It's funny. It's it's eight o'clock here where we are right now, and Susan and I are both ready for.
Speaker 1: That if we're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like as we're looking at each other recording this, we're like, yeah, we're real time.
Speaker 3: Just funny because at home it's only five pm right now. But I feel like it's I feel.
Speaker 2: Like we were just over stimulated all that.
Speaker 3: Like my body just automatically adjusted because I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: You know, we did, we did go to bed pretty early last night. We well so also we flew into JFK in New York, and then we rented a car and we drove to Connecticut, which was at first I was like, oh, it's going to be a rough drive, like mentally, but you know what, it was not bad. It in traffic. It was like just under two hours. We went and stopped at a cheesecake factory, dinner at dinner at cheesecake factory last night, and then we went to bed. I think I was asleep at four nine pm, so, which was like basically six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went to bed a little later. I went to bed at ten, but still.
Speaker 2: And I slept in. I felt like it still wasn't enough. Yeah. So anyway, guys, we will be back to tell you more about this weekend in the life event tomorrow YEP meeting adjourn.
Speaker 1: Everybody well forget.
Speaker 2: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com