Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckma Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Thursday edition of the Players Lounge coming to you from the SWBC podcast studio at the Star in Frisco, Texas, Texas, Texas, Texas. Yeah, crew, it's heck Ma Harrison in the buildings. It is the Hall of Fame, Toledo. Rocket is Barry Church, former Cowboys safety eye of Merely New Scruggs. As we have forty five minutes of football conversation.
Speaker 2: Now, is there anyway that I could beef up my introduction? You know what I mean? I know you merely Newie Scrubs, But can I beef up my intro?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: You know, w f as is anything that I could do to beat up mine? A little bit? Voice of high school? But come on something, you know what I mean? And I meet up mine a little bit that's just off the top of it. You know, I'm just I'm just shunning you know, everybody Cloud Chasing. I just want Clayton Chasing Cloud to though.
Speaker 4: If you want that Apollo Creed type introduction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the world, Boppy Willis Malls, fight by Way, North Texas, his mama in North Texas, all of that, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I'll just really not know.
Speaker 2: I am truly, we really.
Speaker 4: Know that, we know, we know we don't get it for you. Man. Now we're gonna mean right, getting right, give Chris being. Can we have the can we have the guy add some more to it for you know, come in? Can we intro? Can we come in with a little you know that Chicago Bulls music.
Speaker 2: My man needs the music.
Speaker 4: Can I guess the smoking his joint from the man? Like that you work on that thunderstruck. You know you need to back up that.
Speaker 2: You need to back up that that you was going good. You was going good to you the Thunderstreet stop the same man, the same man.
Speaker 3: I go there, baseball, try to rever the closer you're you're you're starting it, not closing.
Speaker 4: Maybe the Rolling Stones start me up. Tommy Trumpets up in here and with that, I like like.
Speaker 3: That the Rolling Stones, Right, Yeah, sadman, is your Indian you what you're ready to start this.
Speaker 2: But Mariano, that has that kind of ring to it. Man, that was that meant death when you heard it.
Speaker 6: And Barry has no clue what that's that's your school, your school right now?
Speaker 4: School right now?
Speaker 7: Mario, Yeah, closing when he came in you talking about the music wise, But yeah.
Speaker 4: That's okay.
Speaker 3: He comes out of the baseball That's what I said.
Speaker 2: It's okay talking to the steps. Oh what a god. You should have came in here with the get I see you though, you shining and glistening. My brother, it's the players loud.
Speaker 4: And I got the shave, butter took it from Listen.
Speaker 2: Listen, my wife makes an all natural shape, but it's yours. It's it was hersence leans it on his desk upstairs in the midd so it's not being you. So I take it and get that and get that ash off you. I'm the ashes, brother, you know. I'm just telling you what the shape, but I gotta have it. Claring white stockings one.
Speaker 3: I tell you, clari Clariens will got your beat. I'm gonna let you know Clais still got your beating.
Speaker 2: I saw it. That's why I helped that brother.
Speaker 3: Did you know what you really didn't because if you don't use it, oh no, no, it doesn't work absolutely, So.
Speaker 4: That's why I go use it.
Speaker 7: So let that brother walk crust.
Speaker 3: My elbows shining, shining, brother, don't shine, thank you, thank your wife.
Speaker 2: Yes, what you're getting for Christmas? Shame?
Speaker 8: But guess what you get for christ since they diddy, that's that's good marketing. The government, that's good market that's good marketing.
Speaker 4: Governments, good man.
Speaker 2: Drive satisfy you all right?
Speaker 4: Where do we go?
Speaker 2: Rails? The Raisers.
Speaker 3: Sunday at at and T stadiums. The Ravens are dealing with their fans. There's in panic mode. Oh and two stat saying hey, you're not about to make the playoffs. This is a critical game for them, the Cowboys. In my opinion, the challenge is going to be how do you meet that? So Dak Prescott's gonna talk now, so we'll hear from him a little bit later on most likely the three o'clock hour media mash exactly what he has to say, so you can be very interested on that. Had a good conversation all the media master Clarence Hill, and I want to bring to you guys here on the players I'll start with you, HECMA.
Speaker 4: We were talking about the quarterback Dak Prescott.
Speaker 9: Lamar.
Speaker 3: Lamar won the MVP last year, Dak was second. Both of them basically got the same playoff record, losing playoff record.
Speaker 4: Which quarterback? All right, you're you're you're an executive out here.
Speaker 3: You got a quarterback and here the two Lamar Jackson, Dak Prescott, who he.
Speaker 4: Take well and and Clarence said he was taking that.
Speaker 3: And basically when he broke it down to Crispy think sure you quote me as I'm right, because Chris was there yesterday for the conversation.
Speaker 4: Clarence said, Dak does more for you as a quarterback.
Speaker 3: And I said, so you want the guy who's more quarterback in versus the guy who's won the MVP. And he laughed and he's like yeah. So that was kind of that's where Clarence went. And then he sent me a thing on statistics and I'll get you guys the stats after you just kind of give me your opinion about.
Speaker 2: You know, look, I think that when you talk about one, when you look at Lamar Jackson, he is probably one of the best athletes to ever grace the NFL I mean he was. He was him at Hello in front of Timothy. He has been that, yeah, his whole life. Lamar Jackson, I'm sure. And biddy ball, little lead flag football. He was always godly. You know who, what's his name, Lamar Jackson. We're gonna see you play on Sunday, you know. And he was. He's always been that athlete. And I think him as an athlete. You worry so much about him running the ball. You worry about his elusiveness, you worry about what we were talking about yesterday, extending plays with his legs. What you don't worry about is his arm. And his arm has been the thing that I think has prevented him, like many other very athletic quarterbacks, from getting to that next level. I'm just looking up further than a guy like Michael Vick, you know that just had all of the intangibles. But you know, look, if you can't throw the ball accurately more than twenty yards, then that's gonna cause a lot of problems for you as a quarterback in the NFL. And that's the reason why I'm taking that. Because I can draft receivers and they can be productive and they can I can have thousand yard receivers and be able to move my offense forward and not be just so reliant on one guy. Because as you look at the Ravens right now, as Lamar goes, the whole organization goes and so and I'm talking about him running. So that's why I take that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, when you look at it, and I could just go by from when you know, I started watching football in the early nineties, I can just say I haven't seen a quarterback with this majority of a mobile quarterback. And there's guys out there, you know, the Russell Wilson's of the world that you know they can run as well, but they're predominantly passing quarterbacks.
Speaker 7: I haven't seen that guy that's.
Speaker 6: A super athletic does it as much as with his legs as he does his arm, probably even more with his legs in his arm.
Speaker 7: I haven't seen that guy reach the pinnacle.
Speaker 6: You know, I could be wrong, you know, it could have happened back in the day, but I haven't seen a guy like that reached the pinnacle and take his team to that next level. When you talk about the Super Bowl and if all things are even, you know, they have the same offense, same defense, whatever the case may be, give me the guy that you know can perform from the pocket. You know, Dak is athletic in his own right. He's no Lamar Jackson, but he can still pick up some things with his legs out there. But to me, give me the guy that you can you know is a better quarterback from the pocket. I mean, as a defender, it's a nightmare going against a guy like Lamar Jackson. You know, he can run all over the place and this, that and the third. But if you have that defensive line, which playoff teams usually do. They usually have that defensive line that can get after the quarterback and make things hard for him. It makes it hard for those type of quarterbacks to get to that next level because you can't do it with your legs alone. Now not saying that Lamar Jackson is not the greatest, greatest quarterback who can't do it with his arm, whatever the case may be. But if it's up to me, and I'm looking there and I say I gotta get my team to the next level, give me a quarterback that can do it from the pocket as well.
Speaker 7: I gotta go with Prescott on it.
Speaker 2: And as I'm listening to us say this. I'm reminded that Lamar Jackson is a two time MVP. Said, we just made that whole statement about the two time MVP one time. Yeah, you know what I mean. Then that's crazy, right, And so it is. I don't know, maybe we have a little bias. Somebody break this up.
Speaker 3: Man, Okay. So, and I just texted you guys as stats. So comes to games, DAK fifty two games, Lamar fifty seven games. Completion percentage DAK sixty eight point two and Lamar is sixty.
Speaker 4: Four point seven.
Speaker 3: So DAK edge there pass yards DAK is ahead fourteen thousand, one hundred and fifty three Lamar twelve thousand and seventy nine.
Speaker 4: Pass yards average DAK.
Speaker 3: Seven point six, Lamar seven point five pass yards per game. DAK two hundred and seventy two, Lamar two hundred and eleven passing touchdowns DAK with one hundred and seven Lamar eighty five interceptions DAK forty, Lamar thirty seven. But go back once again, DAK one hundred and seven touchdown passes to forty picks, Lamar eighty five touchdowns versus thirty seven picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those were ball less picked more.
Speaker 3: Quarterback rating one hundred point six for DAK for Lamar Jackson ninety five point one rushing attempts DAK one hundred and sixty nine, Lamar five hundred and thirty seven.
Speaker 4: When it comes to.
Speaker 3: Rush yards DAK six hundred and seventy eight, he ainrych to stack Lamar Jackson three thousand, five hundred and twenty four.
Speaker 2: WHOA, that's the difference.
Speaker 3: Ringo rushing yards average DAK four, Lamar six point two rushing touchdowns DAK with seven, Lamar seventeen.
Speaker 4: Championships, zero Pro Bowls. They're even all pros right there.
Speaker 3: And then of course when it comes to MVPs, there's your difference because Lamar Jackson has two of them. And just based on what you said, you win two, you win one MVP in this league, it's pretty special you win two of them.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: That that legitimizes you you as probably the best quarterback in your franchise's history. You know, in anybody, I mean anybody's if you're winning four, if you if you're winning two MVPs, you're most likely the best quarterback and ever your franchise is history. And when you think about the Baltimore Ravens quarterback history, it is Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to say nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say that it ain't able to go back Joe Fla, Kyle Boler.
Speaker 2: It's Lamar Jackson. It is Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: So the stats are are very good, but it's to me, I think we're really obviously I'll give the edge to to Lamar Jackson won the MVP two times, but we're really looking at two guys that are right there in my pining at the same point in their career of Hey, people want to see you go to a championship level.
Speaker 4: That's where people are at now. You both have great contracts.
Speaker 3: Lamar ended up setting the record for quarterbacks which got broken and Dak broke it. Guys are looking at you just saying, hey, man, you need to go get this done. Both guys suffer from some of the same criticisms. Can't win in the playoffs like you need to. Both of them had awful playoff games last year ye compared to what people thought they were gonna do.
Speaker 4: That hurt them, and.
Speaker 3: Accuracy becomes the thing that people talk about with them, especially more so on Lamar but hey, can this guy beat me from the pocket when he needs to in the most important game. So I look at these players are kind of like the same, two dudes on the same projectory for a while.
Speaker 4: Now give it an NBA thing for a while.
Speaker 3: When I saw Dirk Vinsky and Kevin Garnett both were having success in the Western Conference in Minnesota for it for Kevin, Dallas for Dirk, but they weren't getting to the Championshi round.
Speaker 4: They were't getting there.
Speaker 3: Took them a while to get They both ended up doing it, winning championships, but they were kind of on that same projectory for both won MVPs.
Speaker 2: But that is a great comp And the reason I say that is because they were the measure probably the same, but two different, totally different players. Yeah, but when it comes when it comes to Dak and Lamar Jackson, you know, obviously those similarities that they have, but two completely totally different athletes and one obviously being a first round pick in Lamar Jackson. I think the pressure as we talk about the pressure on Dak playing for the Dallas Cowboys, it has been even more for Lamar Jackson with where he's been picked and the kind of player that he is. I mean, he's a guy that he goes up in front of the media corn rolls he's Florida boy.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: So that's something that perception wise has looked at completely different in the NFL, because what you think of as a you know, program leading franchise, leading quarterback is a lot different than the picture you see with Lamar Jackson. All right, and he is who he is. He's not trying to change that for nobody. And I applaud him as a player not listening to all the outside noise and trying to change who he is to appease those on the outside. He knows he is and he plays to whatever those strengths are. I think when you're even going back to the and I say that and going back to the AFC Championship, he changed a little bit. You know, he wants a willing deal in that in that instance, the MVP may have gotten to his head at that point that you know, I want to show everybody I'll do this, I can do it, you know, And it's like, come on, baby, this is be who you are. And so that's the one thing about Lamar Jackson at this stage of his career he's still his axe is still sharp. You know, there is no He's not fallen off by any means on the athletic side. So you know, I think this is gonna be a great match up between two quarterbacks. Like you said, they're both kind of in that same expectation range where people are like putting a lot on them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but there's definitely more pressure than on Lamar to winning this game. If we're talking about what's going on in week three, damn one hundred percent. I mean you just said it earlier in the broadcast. What's the percentage of teams that made it to the playoffs?
Speaker 7: Oho and three? It's like two point five.
Speaker 2: You want to tease that, you want to teach that, you want to tease that new.
Speaker 3: We can go there because it is uh it. Both of them, in their own ways, are in the same pot right now. The water was hot, boiler is hot, and neither can afford to lose this game.
Speaker 4: And whoever loses this game, their fan base is going to be upset.
Speaker 2: Who is it on? More?
Speaker 4: And this is what we'll dive into next. The Master of Disaster.
Speaker 10: Aristocrat, Cowboys, Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here, sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and.
Speaker 4: Off the reels.
Speaker 10: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 12: Pruscott Kitts slides for the first down.
Speaker 11: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 12: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys v vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year Go Cowboys.
Speaker 7: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 2: This segment of the Players Lounge was brought to you by Yeti. Yeti, the official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Hekma Harrison.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow we will have our YETI cool customer who needs to come through as the Cowboys try to avoid going oero and two whom this year? Yes, so gentlemen, be thinking about that Barry Church forby named heck Maherrison, the golden.
Speaker 4: Voice here on working things streaks. Okay, the pressure, y'all.
Speaker 2: Tell the truth? Now, tell the truth.
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: Who is the pressure on? Well, y'all knows. I want to come on, kick it. Who is the pressure on to win this game? In particular Cowboys would be one and two and obviously Baltimore, oh and three.
Speaker 4: You know what both? It is both? And the reason I say both because.
Speaker 2: One come on now, give us one, Come on now one.
Speaker 3: Whoever takes the l in this one, the fan base is gonna riot on them. Okay, they're not firing John Harball.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 9: John?
Speaker 3: John Harball got a job next year with the Okay, let me put it right there, Len Harball coaching.
Speaker 4: You can't say that about about homeboy.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, we cannot, Mike McCarthy, McCarthy about pressure, John Harbord go oh and three, John Harball will Steve Bushatti, the owners not firing him.
Speaker 4: He's good. This guy, Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 3: You lose your third straight game at home, and you lose to a team that's owing two, Well, you know what the questions we're going to be asking, what's your faith.
Speaker 4: In coach McCarthy right now?
Speaker 9: Do you?
Speaker 4: I mean, so you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 3: If I'm John Harbaugh, I feel real good I'll be coaching the Ravens at twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: That's wow, because after week one, Yeah, yeah, they have a question.
Speaker 2: We paid a man.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, they they they've not lost Okay, they've not lost faith in him as the head coach.
Speaker 7: Oh no, John save John good.
Speaker 3: He's won them a super Bowl there. So when you talk about the pressure, we gotta add to me. You gotta add I know, a regular seasons right now. But that gets added into the minto because as the head coach, what else you got? You got a stafford people, you know what, guys and staffords and families like, we're gonna be here next year? That do I need to dust off the resume? So you go, oh and three, now you're gonna have a whole week. Jerry on the radio doing the TV at the game, Jerry on the radio, Steven on the radio, first take, that's going to be you know, they go turn up the heat on Mike. So if you're asking me to pick one it's the Cowboys, there's going to be the problem there for Mike McCarthy and the Cowboys. If they fall to oh and two at home in are one and two to start the season.
Speaker 2: Well, then we finally got you. We have to push you, but we finally got you to pick a side.
Speaker 9: You did.
Speaker 2: And so you were saying, Baltimore, it's not it's they. That's definitely not okay. So I mean, and I love what you what you just said, but I just feel like, you know, for the media and the fans and everybody else, they would be saying, you know, it's the Cowboys. But to me, in the grand scheme of things, it's on the Ravens. Because if you start zero and three, the numbers say that not only you're not going to the AFC Championship, there's no way that you're going to a super Bowl. And for a team that felt like they were on the cusp of getting to a super Bowl, that to me would be a step back and a step in the wrong direction. Now, we don't live in Baltimore, but you know that there are rumbles of what's going on with John Harbaugh, who has been the longest tenured coach in football aside from Tumblin right as far as coaches, and the Baltimore Ravens for so long has been that organization that has been the postal child that everybody looks to for healthy salary cap, keeping players on your roster they're too deep. Was stacked with guys. Ozzie Newsom, that great Ozzie Newsom has made a career. He is like, yeah, throw it up. He is the Will McLay before Will McLay basically and bringing in guys. And last year they did something very Unraven like with getting rid of free agents that were people that helped them win. And for the longest they've been able to retain talent. And then they break. They lose three was it Jadavian Clowney Queen. They lose their three of their offensive linemen. And you know that's not the Raven way that we're used to seeing. The Ravens are always that team that drafts guys. You're like, man, that guy was born to be a raven. You know, now they got guys playing on the team that don't sort of don't fit the mix of what they do. So they go oh and three. To me, I think it's one of those things where you start looking around and going damn, you know, maybe they need another voice, maybe they need something different to get these guys over the hump.
Speaker 6: You've seen the division and that's the thing to me. If you look at the Baltimore Ravens, you go on three. We talk about the numbers, but I think that AFC North, it's going to be a tougher way to climb to get back into the race for playoffs. If you go ohero and three and a whatever with the Baltimore Ravens, you got the Cincinnati Bengals, you got the Browns, and you got the Steelers out there, those to me are tougher contests than you look at the New York Giants, Absolu, the Commanders in Philadelphia, Eagles, so black and Division four reason, it's a tough division to go head and scrape your way and climb your way back into. So you go zero and three out there, and you know you're behind the boat already. You got two AFC losses already would be Kansas City and the Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 7: So to me, the pressure's got to be on.
Speaker 6: If we're talking about singles, just getting to this, to the playoffs for this season. With the Baltimore Ravens, I feel like the pressure is a little bit more on them.
Speaker 3: So looking at the North right now, Cincinnati's ozing two. Yep, they get Washington this week, Baltimore oh and two, Cleveland one and one, and Pittsburgh surprisingly two and zero.
Speaker 4: You just you know, for.
Speaker 3: Baltimore, obviously you want to win the division, but you start looking around here and the rest of the AFC, you can pretty much pick up a wild card. I'm not worried about them. I believe at the end of the year they'll be where they need to be. And pressure wise, the head coach is not sitting around here in the staff around here sitting around do I need to duft off, dust off my resume?
Speaker 4: Where the kids go be next?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you truly, if you're an assistant coach right now, Look, Mike's got a bag. Okay, Mike is going to be paid. He's been paid for been a head coach for what eighteen years now, he's got he's he's got money in the bag. These other guys you don't know, right, Take for instance, our friend Greg Ellis.
Speaker 4: Greg Ellis on the staff this year after the season. You don't know. Mike Zimmer, you don't know.
Speaker 3: So there's a bunch of these guys that are like, hey man, we're all coaching for our lives. That's not the case in Baltimore. So when I think about pressure, I think about that other stuff that goes in it.
Speaker 4: Remember the I won't say pressure, but your your your free agent year.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you got to perform. If you don't before you ain't getting the back.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of stuff going on in your mind about oh you know, I'm sure your wife was asking questions, right, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: Agented agent coaching.
Speaker 2: Anything. He talked to me said, Church, if you want to get paid. But that's what that's what Barchurch signed up for. You know it. You know what it was. And it's not like Barry Church came in with his eyes closed going, oh my god, what's gonna happen next? You know, it was in your control. You have to go out there and you have to take care of your business. That's the same way with this coaching staff. Is Mike McCarty the under pressure Hell yeah, And I mean we talked about the fact that he has a lot of people's jobs in the palm of his hands and he cannot afford to have another showing like he had last Sunday. I mean, and things get a lot hotter. The door, the windows get a lot smaller for everybody. But when I look at where they are and the rest of their season, they're playing that first place regular you know, regular season. They got some tough matchups, all right, But if they're able to get through this NFC East capture and I'm just projecting here to a wild card win, a playoff game that gets a lot of that heat off of you, Now, those are still possibilities for the Ravens. They know, Hey, we go to zero and three, dog, it's off of nothing. And on top of that, we have a division that's not gonna show us any mercy. So that's that's I mean, look on the bright side me.
Speaker 7: On that, that's true as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, agreed to get disagree plans lounge, what we have our thoughts on that. Yeah, yeah, this game cannot be over before half time. The last two Copboary contests have been over by halftime. You can might as well just go on to Texas Live and get a drink and get ready for the afternoon games.
Speaker 4: You can't have that again. And actually, my best friend works.
Speaker 3: Somebody's like you saw people, they were, they were there at halftime. You're left already. Yeah, you paid all that money. Yeah, we're gonna stay here for that. So because the beers are cheaper, you put over.
Speaker 7: There fifteen dollars.
Speaker 4: That kind of that. There's some pressure. Okay, hey guys, we need to keep this close. Man, that's where we fall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can we stay?
Speaker 3: So yes, you say third game of the season. But being the coach of the Cowboys like Mike McCarthy is, you just don't get to say it's the third game of the season. You're carrying this stuff with you. You know, they want to talk about it and talked about how well Green Bay's got nothing to do with it last year. No, not in this fan base is mine. Not in the owner's mind. It's right there. So you carry it with you, and in some ways the trouble for being the head coach of the Cowboys is you are dying for sins what other people haven't done here for the last thirty years.
Speaker 4: But you signed up for it.
Speaker 3: And now when you talk about the pressure, here comes a team that we know can run the ball. We had a team that ran the ball last week with a dude who stayed in the pocket and only threw it sixteen times.
Speaker 4: This guy this week is looking to get out.
Speaker 3: Oh by the way, Mozzi left practice yesterday with a back issue. They put Phillips on ir. They brought in Carls Watkins back. So right now you have questions about your DT's. The guys up here in the interier DIGGI Zoo came out locker room and said that was his worst game that he's played here.
Speaker 4: So yeah, man, I wouldn't be sleeping real good at night.
Speaker 2: No, And I don't think any of these players should be or are. I mean, I think they feel as though they got embarrassed at home, and the national media is it reminded them each and every day. The fan base is reminding them that that was an embarrassment. I mean, some of it's not fair, you know, Micah in that situation, But at the same time, you know that nobody's pleased with the way last Sunday went, and nobody's pleased at the way the last two home games have gone. And that's why I say this is a gut check game, because Baltimore doesn't embody anything else but a team that says we are a running team. They're not going to try and air you out. And so in order for them to escape from being zero and three, they have a plan to run Henry over and over again. And if I see a guy making a business decision, you know, oh, there's gonna be business siss made.
Speaker 4: But hey, come on, I's gonna come on. And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You've been seeing that, Barry, because I know you watched defense more than anything, and it's just an epidemic. It ain't just in the pros, it's in college, just everywhere. Guys bouncing around, jumping in and out of holes, trying to avoid whether you're guessing wrong or whatever it is, you're reading the wrong keys. And it's just bad defense. Last weekend was last Sunday was bad defense. Our linebackers couldn't play. They were getting was that those those those construction barrels thrown at them. They was getting it off. Every man, I mean you running through all that stuff. Man, it's no way you can make a tackle.
Speaker 4: You mentioned unfair to michaeh m.
Speaker 2: You said I was talking about the fan after after the game. Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Yeah, that's everybody that that video well, I mean it shows Michael walking. Well, first of all, I didn't see. All I saw was the end. So I'm just assuming that this gentleman was asking for an autograph and Michael didn't sign it, and at at at Sadi of the fans. One of the great things about a tn T Statians the fans are able to see the players walk in and walk out and if they and if they get an opportunity to sign a jersey or a helmet or something like that, they'll do it. In this case, Michael just walked straight out against He just lost the game. He just got embarrassed, which they understand. Yeah, he didn't want to sign it. And the guy you know, cause him a you know, curses at them in front of he is probably there with his family, and I just look, man, look on both sides. It was a good it wasn't a good look. It wasn't a good look. But that's why I say, fans are probably more frustrated than normal. But yeah, that's not how you do it. That's not how you do it.
Speaker 3: When I saw the video, what was what disturbs me about this church in your era, former player, and you you've made them through, made that all before is.
Speaker 4: You take away that barrier. Let's see how manned up he wants.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, please God, don't take the barrier away and keep the barrier right there.
Speaker 3: Let's keep let's be the man the man want to right and see how you do that. And so they're your charge being the professional player. You have to ignore it or keep on going. Your humanity is just taken away. You just have to sit up here and do it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: We don't know if Micah had his kids.
Speaker 3: Around or anything that at all. Man, who else was around here? And you have people that act in that fashion. He doesn't owe you anything. He doesn't owe you. You can buy the jersey, that doesn't mean he's required to sign it or sign anything that you have. And oh, by the way, this was a grown man. This was a grown man.
Speaker 2: So go ahead.
Speaker 4: This is just me hot last week, right, they just got blown out.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm not standing outside as a grown man holding up something, waiting on another grown man, begging and please signing, and hoping he comes over to me after he deals with all the kids.
Speaker 4: What are we doing?
Speaker 7: You shouldn't have those things after the game.
Speaker 6: I could see going in before the game, having the gauntlet going through. You know, everybody's emotions are high for the game afterwards, man win loser. I mean you, you just got your tail kicked in and the last thing you want to do is sign go over here, sign something, especially if you was a non factor in the game. Like that's one of them things where you're just like, man, I can't do this right now, Like I'm focused on trying to how am I gonna get better? How am I gonna get my game to the next level. You got a guy talking about signing this sign, this jersey, sign his helmet.
Speaker 2: You don't do it.
Speaker 4: He cursed you out, but we don't know if he had signed something earlier as well.
Speaker 3: That's fact as well, But just that whole premise, I'm because you didn't do what I want.
Speaker 4: It means now I get it. Therefore curse you out because.
Speaker 3: I know you really can't say anything back to me, not with all these camera phones around here.
Speaker 4: You just you just really can't. I just it was it wasn't a good look.
Speaker 3: And from classing then you know you're too young for this. But bro, the way he was raised, some whole training and manners, it's just non existent.
Speaker 4: Man, just do that to people.
Speaker 2: Man, look, I just look, I didn't. I didn't. I didn't like it one And what you were just saying about after a loss, And I pray that they don't get rid of that because I think those are those are fans opportunity to finally see the Toledo Rocket, Barry Church. You know, you may not something most people I know, they never even been to a Cowboys game, you know, let alone seeing a Dallas Cowboy in real life. So you know that doesn't mean you act a fool when I see you. I don't mean I call you out of your name. But at the same time, for some of these kids, they wait and they want to get a sign, get this something signed by their hero. Now grown man, you know, if you're getting something to sign, what is it for? You know, you say it's from a man cave or whatever. But we live in a time where we know better people are selling those items you know at the end of the day. So look, it just it was it was. It wasn't a good look. I didn't like it at all.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's just not the way you treat other people. Just humanity out of place. It's just not the way you treat people. All right, let's get our final break in here. How does dak help the defenses diving down of the players? Oxberry churcheck me. Here's some new stretch. Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio brought you virus craiking.
Speaker 9: I'm Cowboys alumni Danny mccraig here with Smoothie King asking what's that sound. That's the sound of me sipping one of their powerpacks smoothies with over ten grams of protein with real fruits and organic veggies.
Speaker 2: Because there's Smoothie King, what you see is what you sip.
Speaker 9: So grab a delicious Smoothie King smoothie, throw a straw in your jaw. It gets sipping real Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at nflshop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: Hey their Cowboys Nation. Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, A Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred gambler that's twenty hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 12: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football.
Speaker 4: Rule one.
Speaker 7: Any broadcast without.
Speaker 12: The express edition of Cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 7: Rule twelve no crinkle cutfries.
Speaker 12: Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation and Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day Canes rules raising canes, chicken fingers one love go Cowboys.
Speaker 7: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Head to AT and T Stadium to experience Rally Days presented by Sea Geek on Saturday, September twenty first, from ten to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tours of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games, and more. Visit att stadium dot com slash Rally Days to get your tickets to date.
Speaker 4: Heck Ma Harrison, thank you very much. Ferry Church.
Speaker 3: Players Lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Cowboys taking up the Baltimore Ravens. Ravens favorite in this game. So how does Dak Prescott help the defense out?
Speaker 2: I think Number one, you guys have seen how bad the Ravens are and the secondary. Oh they're thirty. They are first in offense, but they are thirty second in past defense, which last, which which means you know, that that tempts you to, you know, air them out, I think. But that's that's what gives me Pauls in this game, is that Dak didn't come into this game saying, you know, I'm gonna throw the ball forty five fifty times this game. He has to be under control and keep that balance. And man, we've talked about a running game, and I know, to no end we've tried to see some type of hope or at least cilverl lining Uh in the running game, but there is none. But you're gonna have to continue. You gotta continue to go back to U this matchup against the Cowboys offensive line in the Ravens defensive line, and it's gonna be a damn good one. Last week, the offensive line for the Dubtas Cowboys didn't look that good, but it wasn't as bad as you thought either, because I felt like there wasn't a running back that really got into any rhythm. Ric o'dowdell didn't number the other forty two, didn't club forty two, club forty two, he didn't get involved, and Ezekiel Elliott didn't. And so I just want to make sure that in this game coming in that Dak picks his spots, you know they're gonna be times where they double CD teams are right now, what I've seen from the first game to now is that teams are like you eighty eight are not going to be there on We're gonna double team you, and whatever you do, it's gonna be because we got a safety over the top of you, just a bad mofo and you're getting it done right, But now we need to find somebody else and you know, second third receiver that can get it done as well. But it's the running game for me. I look for Dak to continue to mix this up and keep that balance on offense.
Speaker 6: Well, you are one thousand percent right man when you talk about they have to have this balance approach when you're going against the Baltimore Ravens, Like, we can't go into this game and it all be on dak shoulder to where he's throwing the ball forty to fifty times. I mean, that's just not a recipe for success. When you look at this this Cowboys team, I try to want to go back to the game plan they had against the Cleveland Browns, which is a very very good defense in their own right, But they kept those guys off balance. And that's why, even though we talk a lot about this running game, I don't want to give up too much hope on that running back back committee room because if you look at that Cleveland glame, they did.
Speaker 7: Average four yards per carry. They did rush for over one hundred yards.
Speaker 6: Now, was that unit terrible versus the Saints, Of course they were, but there was a lot of other units with the Dallas Cowboys that were terrible against the Saints. So I don't want to give up on that running back room just yet. But when you go into this Baltimore game, you gotta be balanced because we all understand, like you just said, Baltimore's passing defense is atrocious. And what they're gonna do is they're gonna try to put all their resources into shutting down CD, LAMB, double team, triple team, whatever the case may be. They're gonna force the Cooks of the world Tolbert, if Ferguson's able to play, they're gonna say, look, we're gonna take away CD. But you guys on this end, ya, if y'all win with them, tip to the cap to you. That's what they're gonna try to do and to me, you gotta have that running game in there, even if you're only averaging two and a half yards per carry. Even if that's the case, you gotta keep that deepsive line from the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 7: Honest, you can't.
Speaker 6: Let's let them go back there pinning their ears back and get after Prescott.
Speaker 3: You can't let that have all right, gentlemen, you can mix it up and do whatever. To me, this is real simple and it's a problem that were happening throughout the league. Last week and Week two Cowboys and three in the red zone.
Speaker 2: That's huge.
Speaker 3: Washington last week, wash and six in the red zone, but they won because Detroit one of seven in the red zone last week, lost Tennessee one of four in the red zone last week, and lost in Cincinnati two to four in the red zone last week and lost. We saw this with with them last year. With this football team, red zone issues are problem. We thought it was solved week one. Kind of go back and look a little Week one. They left some meat on the bowl there too. They've got to get better there. New Orleans, on the other hand, they were four or five.
Speaker 2: In the red zone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So to me. I don't tell how you get there. Mix it, throw at forty, run it for I don't care. You better punch the ball in the end zone against this Ravens team and try to make them one dimensional so that Lamar Jackson has to throw.
Speaker 4: You've got to go ahead and do that. So lot lots to get to. Man, we got more stuff to go there.
Speaker 2: Let me let me inject this before we get out of here. This off look at this the offensive and defensive line. The defensive line for the Baltimore Rais's big boys in the middle, they stout okay, and they have a guy named Numdi Matabk from Texas A and M. He went to McKinney North kid out of the Metroplex. He's been that side since high school. Though you know what I mean huge. But what I'm telling you is like is he they move him around a lot. And this is something This is gonna be even weird for me to say as I've filtered this through my head. Zach Martin has looked human in these last couple of games. And when we throw our criticism, when we throw our criticism, we miss Zach Martin and that because he's I mean two holding penalties for a year All Pro Pro bowler. All that, that's just school he is. But there's something about his game right now. It's like, oh man, I am, I haven't seen him get beat like that. Matabik is going to be one of those guys that they have got to stonewall him inside because you've seen even in that Saints game, Dak was taking a lot of pressure up the middle. Please remember also that they did sack the Raiders quarterback five times. Minshewt They did sacking five times, So I mean that will alter your offense completely. If Dak is on his butt five times, go.
Speaker 4: At Humphries Thursday night foot gout.
Speaker 2: Believe it, it's not what he used to be.
Speaker 7: Gotta go at him, I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: Thursday Night Football, New England at the Jets. Both teams won in one. Jets are favorite in this game. Give me the Jets to win twenty sixteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you give me the Jets to win there twenty four to seventeen. Ay rod first game back in New York since the Achilles.
Speaker 2: Brize hall is I think he's the secret sauce until you could tell that Aaron Rodgers still working his way so I'm going with the Jets. Two twenty four to twenty is my score.
Speaker 3: All right, there we go yetie, cool customer, make sure we're order tomorrow for Friday's Friday show.
Speaker 2: The fan, the fan that was outside the barrier, be a cool customer. He's my bad, bad, I'm bad. I'm sorry. I'm getting used to this.
Speaker 3: He probably yet too many times, had a lot of liquids. Probably what happened to him? My bad out shut to hack Ma Harrison. Thank you very true, Chris Bean, Josh Jazz, everybody is a part of Players about you by Aristocrat Gaming. We'll talk to you Friday right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.