Speaker 1: So you mean to tell me you had a dangerous, violence, aggressive, tall woman with huge feet. According to Candace, you let that person come in the house and stay with you. But Monique and Kandas are making black women look bad. What is Mia doing?
Speaker 2: What is Mia doing? Because it's the same situation, same setting.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned, we'll be right back after these quick ads.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Reality with the King.
Speaker 3: It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience.
Speaker 4: Once a week from Reality with the King, we'll.
Speaker 3: Sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. All right, rain Drop, So look, I did have a six week hiatus for Reality with the King podcast, and during that time, my love, the executive producer, Well now she's the former executive producer, but she is.
Speaker 4: The forever fan favorite.
Speaker 3: One of my most requested guests is returning.
Speaker 4: Yes, honey, we got Dash and Hally.
Speaker 1: Brown Baby, Oh my gosh, Hello, it's so weird to be on this side and having you prepped me the executive producer, prepping the executive producer to talk to the executive producer.
Speaker 3: And in the worlds of OG, I am your favorite executive producers, favorite executive producer.
Speaker 1: Periods, our own little like multiverse of madness that we got going on.
Speaker 4: How are you? So listen, it's all about you.
Speaker 3: Just give the rain drops a quick update, because look, they love you. They miss you, and people on the streets be like, where's Jasmine Child, and I'd be like, I ain't telling Jazzmin's business child.
Speaker 1: I love it they're looking for the twenty three year old Jasmine. I love how somebody really thought your friend really thought I was twenty three. No long ways away. Yes, I've been great. I am at Sony now. So I'm the executive producer of Entertainment Podcasts at Sony, and it's been a really cool journey. I miss you obviously, like yeah, but we still talk. Though we still talk, but I miss just kind of like being with you in terms of like working with you on the show and helping you out in all of that. So it's so good to just be back with you in this form outside of me just like calling you, like Hey, you got five minutes and then thirty minutes later were still on the phone.
Speaker 2: So it's good to be here.
Speaker 3: So look, we have to do a deep dive into Platon and what went wrong this season to the point where a lot of people are turned off by it. I wanted to talk to you because you're not only my friend, you're not only a fan favorite.
Speaker 4: You're also a fan of Potomac.
Speaker 3: You're a black woman as well, and all of those things to me is a condition in terms of.
Speaker 4: Who I wanted to talk to about this topic.
Speaker 3: I did not want to do this alone because I wanted somebody who, again unlike me, who's not in the reality business, who doesn't have a sort of deep relationship.
Speaker 4: With the cast.
Speaker 3: So I wanted to talk to you about it because we follow each other on Twitter and honey ms Jasmine said, I don't want to put words in your mouth, but you stopped watching Potomac this past season.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did.
Speaker 1: I think the last thing I remember was them they went somewhere and they were at they were on a bus.
Speaker 2: I think Wendy put something together.
Speaker 1: It might have been in episode two or three, and it was when Yeah, Wendy hath them burn the paper, and I remember, is that that happened earlier this season, right.
Speaker 4: Jasmine, that's like episode thought, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's that's the last episode. I remember watching the way they tried to do Candace or the way that they were setting it up they were going to try to do Candace and Chris. I don't fuck with that at all. That felt so dark to me and just nasty. And I'm biased because I really enjoy Candace, Like I think Candace is a star to me, right, So I'm biased absolutely, but I just felt like watching anybody the way we had watched Candace and Chris and for that to kind of be the storyline they were going with.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they continued.
Speaker 1: With that for the entire season, but I saw that and immediately I was like, no, this is very very dark. The Housewives just has gotten into a place, all of them, right, every city, they've gotten to a place where like they're trying to ruin families, like it's not fun Shade anymore, Like y'all are trying to ruin people.
Speaker 2: And they just really turned me off.
Speaker 1: And it just felt like this is a group of women and these are not friends in any sense of the imagination. When filming starts, they come, they clock in, they you know, discuss their little story lines or whatever. They film the show, and they don't talk to each other once that's done. Obviously, Giselle and Robin do because they have a podcast together, but it doesn't feel like any of them are actually friends. And it just wasn't a good watch to me. I didn't get good vibes from it, so I stopped whatever that episode was where they were burning a paper child at and they weren't really trying to hear Wendy out with hers and yeah, Ashley turned on candidate.
Speaker 2: It's real quick. I was like, yes, these these witches are getting dark.
Speaker 1: And I say bitch as a term of endearment, like love them down, respect to all women, but you know it's a term of endearment.
Speaker 3: Yes, And listen, now that we don't work with each other tomore, we can't reveal that we call each other bitches all the time. Time.
Speaker 1: I have to check for myself because I know everybody isn't a fan of that word, and I do, you know, genuinely apologize if you're offended by that.
Speaker 2: But that's how me and mine, that's how we communicate.
Speaker 3: No, that's you and I communicate, And I had no idea that you stopped watching it that early. Like I said, I did not notice this until last week on Twitter when you revealed that you stopped watching this season at all. One of the things that you and I both used to enjoy about Potomac was it was fun. It was fun shade, It was light shade. And although we knew that Giselle was a producer and wore her producer had, we both never felt that it was so obvious in terms of making things happen out of nowhere and pulling things out of thin air. And the problem with this season was the fact that it's truly everything you said. It was very dark. And the reason why I'm happy we're talking about this is because a physical fight does not always mean that's the only way things are dark on reality TV. At the time of my interview with Giselle, Jasmine was still on board as the EP of the show, and I don't want to put words of.
Speaker 4: Your mouth, but we all felt like, Okayjisell was a cool woman.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And what I always tell people is outside of the show, the Gizelle that I know personally is a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 4: She's so fun.
Speaker 3: However, when she's on the show, I feel like Giselle holds the weight of the show on her shoulders and she feels the need to behave in a way that is really going to turn people on her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the way that I've been seeing people carry on about Gazelle is completely different than I think the Gizelle that I was able to meet when she came on your show. I will say, obviously I only had that experience with her, and I recognize she was coming on your show. I'm an executive producer of your show. There's a level of the quorum that you know, we had with each other. So I think there is a politeness and a kindness there. But I also think that I'm a very good judge of character, and Giselle just didn't come off like a nasty person like. She came off like a very cool, like down to earth woman. And so so you know, hearing what I'm hearing about her, that she's colorless, that she's evil in all of this, it feels like it's a different character. Like it feels like it's a character that she's portraying on television. But again, I can't really say for sure. I only met her for what like an hour and a half, so I don't know if that's how she carries on in her real life outside of situations like this. I think the Chris thing. I do think there are worlds where, like your perception of what's happening is could be uncomfortable. Like whatever did happen with her and Chris? If he made her uncomfortable, that's Giselle's story to tell, right, like none of us can tell her he didn't do it. I think the way that it was blown up was very unfair, and we all know that a lot of people can't you know, think or have discussions with nuance. So it's like, once you say a man tried to be in my room with us alone and made me feel uncomfortable, people are going to automatically assume the worst.
Speaker 2: And that's what I didn't like about it.
Speaker 1: It is like, I don't I think there was a point where she did try to Like, I wasn't saying he did anything, It's just how I felt, and I do think that's the right stance to take. But I just think the way it was presented, you can't unring that bell once. Once it's wrung, Once you say what you say, you can't go back and like dial it back.
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't really like that. You should have presented it that way.
Speaker 1: Initially, I'm confused, and I think that's why I don't like the show anymore, because I'm like, who are these women really?
Speaker 2: And truly?
Speaker 4: Now, listen, you're confused, I'm confused. Think about it. I praised the show.
Speaker 3: I told my millions of listeners how much I love the show. I gave Gazelle the coveted position and being in the top ten greatest Housewives of all time. So you're not alone, Jasmine in your confusion. As I was watching this season, because I did watch more episodes than you.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 3: I always said, Jasmine, something's off about this season. So when it was revealed that not only are we confused about this Chris Bassett story, because listen, in Giselle's defense, I have spoken to people who are friends with Giselle, and they also told me that Gazelle told them days after it happened that she did feel uncomfortable. So I want to make people understand that Giselle, in real life, we have mutual friends.
Speaker 4: Our mutual friends have told me personally.
Speaker 3: To Gazelle's credit, she did tell us that she felt uncomfortable with Chris.
Speaker 4: That is a truth.
Speaker 3: I think the part that gets confusing is she waited over a year to.
Speaker 4: Talk about it on the show.
Speaker 3: And although, as a producer myself, yes, we want you to bring things to life to the show, but I think that year and a half gap of not talking about it and Giselle saying, well, I brought it up because Ashley was talking about these dms. It's sort of like, Okay, Ashley had an instant story. She posted a video in her stories responded to Ashley's story and said, why didn't y'all come to the job he works at the w Hotel and party and Ashley allegedly took that to the alleged meeting that the housewives have before filming, and that's how they made this part of the storyline allegedly.
Speaker 4: Not pre production, Yes, this.
Speaker 3: Is pre production, and that's what made Giselle allegedly bring up the Chris Bassett thing and they started to put this issue together. So that's why it's confusing Jasmine too, because it did happen over a year ago. To Gizelle's credit, he told people immediately, but she did not tell To your point again, Jazz, if Candace is your friend, why are you telling every Tom, Dick and Harry about this? But you don't tell the woman you claim to be friends with who you're on the show.
Speaker 1: And if your intentions weren't to make Chris seem like a bad person, why not tell Candace in private without cameras there right, Like, you know, Jiselle's a brilliant woman. She knows what the implications are of telling Candace that about her husband on national television. You know what that was gonna do. So if you really did care for Candace, or if you weren't trying to make it what it became, why not call her right after it happened, like, hey, girl, this just happened. I know Chris is this type of guy, but this did make me feel this way. And as a woman, I'm sure you can understand that because what I also have come to know I think we've all come to know about Candace. She's rational until you activate her, but she's a rational person. So I think Candace would have understood if Giselle called her and said that and even if Candace didn't, y'all can do that over the phone. You don't have to wait until the cameras are rolling to then tell her that, because one you know, is gonna activate her and piss her off. And then you know what that looks like to the rest of us watching like it just it feels dark.
Speaker 3: No, it does, And what also felt dark was and I'm sure you saw the clips online about.
Speaker 4: This jazz Mea throwing a drink on Wendy.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I always forget that Mia exists, but yet.
Speaker 4: Damn jazz.
Speaker 1: Mia did give us a she gave but no, okay, I'll give me a this does a frog have a watertight asshole? I text you that you did so, yes, that thank you for your contribution.
Speaker 4: And that's it.
Speaker 1: It feels like she's always trying too hard. And we talked about this when we were having the discussion about Real Housewives Orange County and Noela right, like, they have the makings of really good housewives, but they are trying too hard and it's just coming off very inauthentic and just hard to follow, hard to relate to, hard to like, hard to like, hard to like on the show.
Speaker 3: For me, when you saw her throw a drink on Wendy and you saw the aftermath, because again, I'm pretty sure you saw the clips of it, or.
Speaker 4: Did you not.
Speaker 1: I want to say I have seen the clip of that happen because she threw it kind of like backhandidly, like she was sitting next to Wendy.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I've seen that clip.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, she threw it to her faith and she did it, and then she tried to hit.
Speaker 4: Her with her purse. She tried to like, no, I know.
Speaker 3: This is the reason why I got upset about that. And me and dj Ritchie Sky did a recap about that episode, and he felt so strongly too, how disgusting and dark it was. We all agreed to that Mia took her purse and was trying to hit Wendy with her purse.
Speaker 2: That's guttersnipe behavior.
Speaker 4: Not guttersnipe Jasmine.
Speaker 3: It got so bad that Wendy's employer, John Hopkins University child They put a black car up and said this university has no connection to the real housewats of Potomac.
Speaker 2: Wait where did they put that?
Speaker 4: They put that? You know how you put the black car up at the end.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm the TV I think.
Speaker 4: On the TV screen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, but you don't. I don't want to harp on the past. What was the reaction to their coworkers after this happened, Because I really want to draw a line.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm gonna tell you something, Jasmine. Let me tell you what happened first.
Speaker 3: So, after Mia through a drink on Wendy, Robin took her phone out and started recording it, and there were numerous shots of Robin laughing at what was going on in front of her. Then Giselle was eating her dinner and telling what Wendy was. Of course, you know, listen, a black girl got a drink thrown, so of course you're reacting like black folks do.
Speaker 4: Like I'm gonna beat her. You know, I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 3: That was Wendy's natural reaction, right so as any black woman in that situation done the same thing.
Speaker 4: I'm about to whoop her boom boom.
Speaker 3: Even Phaedra, who has esquad after her last name, tried to be like an esther and get her purse and hit Kenya with it. Because when a black girl is and that things happen, so Gizelle should know that she went to an HBCU.
Speaker 1: When a person physically a tax you, that should be your next go to to defend yourself.
Speaker 4: Is I know a child.
Speaker 3: Some of these Bisley Hills housewives don't, so any who, Wendy was saying that and Gizelle was like, she might hit you back.
Speaker 4: You know you need to sit down paraphrasing.
Speaker 3: A few days later after that aired, I saw Giselle at Portia's wedding. Me and Giselle said next to each other at Porsia's Nigerian wedding.
Speaker 4: Because me and Giselle are friends.
Speaker 3: I will never disclose a private conversation to the public, but what I will share with you, Jasmine and the listeners is the fact that I really took that moment and told Giselle how I felt, and I was very sincere with.
Speaker 4: Giselle, who I love.
Speaker 3: I really had a real deep conversation with Giselle. And the only thing I will say is at the very end, jose Yelle had her rebuttal to me, right, because.
Speaker 4: That's what friends do.
Speaker 3: Me and Jasmine always have rebuttals because I feel like when you're passionate about something you just It's not always like yes, ma'am, yes, sorry, no, you have a rebuttal to Jaselle's credit. At the very end of our conversation, Giselle said, I see your point.
Speaker 4: I got you, and I.
Speaker 3: Wanted to share that because I know Gizelle gets a lot of flack and I have had numerous moments of being disappointed with Giselle numerous If a friend can't be real with you, you don't want to grow. And my concern for Gizelle is she doesn't have many or any people around her Jasmin who can tell her like.
Speaker 4: You need to stop.
Speaker 3: And when I say that, I mean it's the circle of friends you're around. Robin, if that's your best friend, both of y'all should be holding each other account of Bell. It shouldn't be Carlos King, and it should also be the production.
Speaker 2: Can Robin hold her accountable?
Speaker 1: Robin feels the same way and holds the same views, It's impossible. My expectation isn't for Robin to hold Jozel accountable for anything. Like I said, it's a character that she's playing. That's why it's like really hard to just get with. You know, at this point, we know reality TV. That's a loose term, right, yes, But her saying I see your point at the end of your talk at Portia's wedding speaks to the person that I met when she came to do your show. She seems reasonable, right, she seems nice, kind, Right, That's not the person that people are experiencing on Potomac. And again I say, which one is the real? Will the real Zelle Bryant please stand up.
Speaker 2: For real?
Speaker 1: That's how I feel about it, like show yourself, because she seems like such a likable person when she's not playing the Giselle on potomach I think her even just kind of encouraging. Wendy and MIA's kind of feud is also very contradictory because with my Nique in Candace Spot it was, y'all, are you know representing black women wrong? And I forgot all the ship she pulled bringing security around her. Did she bring security with her the next time she was around Mia? I'm gonna assume.
Speaker 4: No, no.
Speaker 3: And then Mia was allowed to stay in the house after the fight and Wendy had to go into a hotel room.
Speaker 1: So, Yumana, tell me you had a dangerous violence, aggressive tall woman with huge feet according to the Candace, you let that person come in the house and stay with you. But Monique and Candace are making black women look bad. What is Mia doing?
Speaker 2: What is MEA doing?
Speaker 1: Because it's the same situation, same setting. She's aggressive because according to you know what I've been seeing on Twitter, she also is very shady for pay. She chased her best friends and her people. That's aggressive. Hashtag aggressive Mia. She's taken that from Ashley from around marriag JC. It's aggressive Mia.
Speaker 3: Exactly instead of aggressive Ashley A love it bat DC jas was calling her aggressive via Heypotomac. No, Jasmine, you just said something and the light bulb in my head went off when you said that, it's shade for pay.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to tell you this.
Speaker 3: You have perfectly coined a term that fits how these new reality stars are so desperate for a moment that they no longer want to showcase what's really happening in their lives because they feel like, if I'm on TV, it is shade for pay. And I can be hard on the on the reality stars. As a producer, I also have to be hard on the producers. And the only thing I want for Giselle is to get on camera and have a moment of humility to say I was wrong, Wendy, I was wrong.
Speaker 4: I was wrong. I was being duplicitous. You're right. I should have kept that same energy. I'm not perfect. I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: Giselle, if you're listening, and the producers too. This is a two person job. Jasmine was my EP on Reality with the King for almost a year, and she would even say to me, I don't like that.
Speaker 4: You said that.
Speaker 3: I don't like that, or hey, you said something, but I'm not sure if you knew how people are gonna take it. I said to her, Oh my gosh, yes, oh that wasn't my intention, though she said, oh, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Think it was. But I'm just I'm helping you.
Speaker 3: But this intelligent black woman who I love and trust, checked me, and I allowed myself to be censored.
Speaker 4: I allowed myself to be checked.
Speaker 3: And if you want to row with the big dogs, you're gonna have to allow people to check you.
Speaker 2: Who.
Speaker 4: I hate to interrupt, but stay tuned for more.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back after these quick asss. This is Reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. Allegedly, some of the Potomac Girls are mad because of my recent comments about colorism, and how I was so disappointed that they spoke about this important topic for two minutes on the show. And let's be clear, the reason why I wanted more of a discourse about this is because the colorism accusations have been happening for three years. It's not like you just came up last week. It's been happening for three years. So to address it only for two minutes is why I was disturbed, and I wanted to see some humility from Giselle, Karen Robin, and Mia to say, it's our job as life skinned women to listen to really see your point of view, so that we can see that maybe subconsciously we are doing something that we didn't know we were doing. We're not colorists, but maybe our behavior is aligning with that, and for that we apologize.
Speaker 4: But none of that happened, Jasmine, because I.
Speaker 1: Think the idea of colorism, and be clear, I'm very very cautious about assigning anyism to people because I understand when you're on a reality TV show, we're only getting little bits and pieces of what has actually occurred, and I'm not saying that the producers have done this, but they can edit anyway they want. Now, what they can't edit is what you are actually doing and actually saying. But they can splice shit together to make it look like something like we've seen it over the years.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And so while they might not come out and say I am colorists, I think what they could have done will say I understand how I could be perpetuating colorism.
Speaker 2: I recognized that.
Speaker 1: My treatment of Wendy when aggressive Mia attacked her was very different than when I saw Monique and Candice have a fight. I recognized that I had a different reaction, and I can understand how that may be perceived as colorism. I am not a colorist person, but I can understand one how I benefited from colorism into how I can perpetuate it.
Speaker 2: And had they just said that, I.
Speaker 3: Think they need to hire Jasmin Hilly Brown to be producer and potoma now and listen, I'm not saying that's a two throw shade. Yeah, and again listen the moment I saw this podcast, thanks to Jasmine, she and I had a conversation. I said, as long as I'm honest, I don't care about what people are going to say about me, I have to stay within my honesty and me being genuine. The reason why I said that, Jasmine about you may be needing to join the production. They're going to need someone that is able to keep it real with them, the way you kept it real to me in our personal relationship, the way you were so able to like beautifully articulate the messaging of what I was trying to say. But again, I'm not a dark skinned black woman, and I have a knowledge that I'm still learning about my privilege being a light skinned man and what that brought me in my life.
Speaker 4: But I at least will always say I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm here to do better, and it's not my intention but my behavior, I could do better. And I think to your point, so wonderfully, that's all we wanted, And I wish that they had somebody who looks like you, who has your experience of diversity in life, to be able to say to them, Hey, I'm going to say something to y'all that y'all may not like, but this is going to help you in the long run.
Speaker 4: It's one or two things happening. Either no one is there telling them this, or you.
Speaker 3: Girls some of y'all are so egotistical that you don't want to change. And if you don't change, my fear is that you guys are in your Real Housewives of Atlanta era, meaning the latter seasons and what I mean by that, and this is my opinion.
Speaker 4: The show's in trouble. Jasmin was a fan of the show and said she stopped watching it entirely, and.
Speaker 1: I have no plans to go back to watch it. Yeah, I do want to follow up on a couple of things you said. One, I did not know that you consider yourself light skin.
Speaker 4: Oh well, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, I'm rocking, I'm rolling.
Speaker 4: No, this was crazy. I as Carlos King, the human being. I don't.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: However, some people in the world do. And I had to learn the true story my.
Speaker 4: Man, because I'd be like, yeah, you know, it's a brown skin.
Speaker 3: He said you think you brown? I said I am brown. He said your light skin. And then I get that a lot. So to your to your credit, I don't. The world does. And it's sort of like how Halle Berry's mother told her, yes, you're by racial, how you're a black woman, because that's how the world will perceive you. So that's why I had to all of a sudden because again I'm listening. I was always told that because you're not dark skin or dark brown, the world will look at your skin and say you're light just by courtesy of you not being a dark skinned man.
Speaker 1: I always find conversations around colorism so interesting because I didn't grow up thinking that being dark was like a bad thing. I have cousins who are very, very light, and they always like made fun of each other for being like really really light. I won't repeat the names that they've called each other because they're very problematic, but they always I grew up watching them like torment each other about being light. And then my mother when I was growing up, every time I would ask her, like what her favorite color was, she would be like chocolate brown, like you right, So like I always grew up with my skin color being affirm like feeling like I was so beautiful and so cute, even when I know I looked awkward because I look back at photos.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Mom, I look funny.
Speaker 1: She's like, no, you beautiful, Like you always are beautiful, right, So I've always grown up having kind of my skin color or whatever affirmed, and so I really didn't understand that colorism was like a real thing until I want to say, my teen year. So I do think I have an advantage in a way of like looking at it, and I think to some people it is a little naive, because, like I said, I wouldn't go off the rip and just accuse all the light skinned women on Potomac of being colorists. I think that they have displayed colorist views and they perpetuated colorism, yes, but I think my view on it is a little different, And it's not to take away from the experiences, because I know it's not common right that, like when you're dark skinned to grow up to be made to feel like you are the most beautiful person to ever walk the planet.
Speaker 2: But my parents made me feel like that.
Speaker 1: When I am articulating a message that Giselle and Robin and Mia and Karen, what they could have said is coming from a place of like I'm looking at this with the bird's eye view, and like just say that you were aware, or you didn't look at it that way, or you weren't trying.
Speaker 2: To be colorist. That's a better way to say it.
Speaker 1: Like we all are gonna make mistakes, and we all perpetuate privileges that we hold also people that don't hold those those same privileges, And so all you have to do is just acknowledge that I was perpetuating that, and I know what it looked like, but that wasn't my attention. And I'm sorry, And let Wendy throw a drink back on me, get your on my up.
Speaker 2: I can look back, because.
Speaker 4: That's how it really is.
Speaker 3: So but you said something, and we're gonna wrap things up though you said that you have no plans on going back to watch the next season of Potomac, and I would love to know why.
Speaker 2: I am not interested.
Speaker 1: None of the kind of discourse on social media has gotten me interested. It just it feels like there's a formula right now with specifically with the Real Housewives. There's a formula, and I don't like what that formula is. It's like, let's pick and this is if you watch every city, this is happening across cities. Let's pick one person this season and try to ruin their fucking lives. Like, let's pick one person and let's make them regret the day.
Speaker 2: They were born.
Speaker 1: Type of thing like it might not be that dramatic, but as a viewer, I'm watching this and I'm just like every city, there's one person that is like just having the worst time of it, and it's like it doesn't feel fun. Like I said, it feels like they're out to just ruin each other's lives for the sake of what like being the favorites on a Reddit thread or being the favorites on social media.
Speaker 2: Like it's not that deep.
Speaker 1: Just go back to like talking about each other's hair and like the freaking welcome mats in front of your doors and pressure washing your houses. Like go back to that kind of thing, because that is a show that I will watch.
Speaker 3: Married to Media Marriati, Battistan is really the best show on Bravo.
Speaker 4: But I cannot agree with you more.
Speaker 3: And that's why, again I have to speak on the basis of being a producer. That's why I'm very picky about producers are hire because a lot of the new producers are fans of the show. And that's fine to be a fan of of these of these reality shows, but they want the low hanging fruit. They want the altercation, they want the constant arguments, and I feel like we need to get back to what old Atlanta used to be.
Speaker 4: When you know you saw Nini talk to her son.
Speaker 3: About not living up to you know, being an adult in the house, you know where you saw even look no Shay, you saw Kenya have a really special moment of trying to find her mom in Detroit and knocking on the doors. That shade for pay is dope in terms of how you coined it, because I've always said it's not a shade contest. It's now how can I eviscerate you verbally? How can I have these one liners? I can to make a k O T shirt and sell my merch and it's no longer about relationships. I don't think you guys understand it's a big deal for Jasmine to say that she has no interest in watching Potomac because she and I met on the basis of like loving that show together.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it saddens me to hear that.
Speaker 3: But my hope is that the casts who are listening, I really want y'all to talk about this episode and to really listen to Jasmine's point of view, because true t I had no idea what Jasmine was going to say. I text her yesterday I said his last minute, can you join me? I don't want to do this by myself. I would love to do it with you. I am getting this in real time, what Jasmine is saying. So this was not like prepped, and unlike y'all, we didn't have a script. So I really hope, Shade, I really hope that they listened to you. So what would it take for you to watch Potomac again?
Speaker 2: Unpopular opinion?
Speaker 1: Get rid of everyone except Candice?
Speaker 4: Not explain?
Speaker 1: So Giselle and Robin have the same formula, and they're not going to give us more than what they've given us already. I think the last season when we saw like Gazelle dating, I think his name was Sherman, and someone brought Sherman's ex and I think that embarrassed Gazelle so badly. I don't think we're ever getting real storylines about her love life, which is what people want to see, because that's that's where you know, the most drama lies for her. That's the thing when people want to come for Gazelle, that's what you don't have a man. You can't keep a man, right. We want to see her date, and you know, we want to see the ups and downs of that. But she's not going to give us that, so she's gone because of that. While I do as a reality TV personality, Gizelle is good. If she was willing to like not be such a this one note character, she was going to give us real shit, Giselle could say.
Speaker 2: But she's not, so she can go.
Speaker 4: Robin.
Speaker 1: I used to call Robin Robin paint dry Dixon because I just wasn't entertained. Now what I've heard though, is that this year she has been bringing it. But for me, it's too little, too late. Now I know all the things are happening. I know I'm never I'm never gonna work in this town again.
Speaker 4: No, that's the gag.
Speaker 3: Because of that, you are going to mark if that's the gag.
Speaker 1: I think for Robin, she has these things going on with Want's case and like him cheating and.
Speaker 2: All of that.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is not the stuff that's going on with Want's case, but the cheating in the marriage. I feel like that's kind of a last ditch effort. But I just I don't believe it. I don't feel it. I just don't really see it. For Robin, I never have to be honest, that's my bias showing. Like she said, she she doesn't like Wendy. That's why she wasn't defending why I don't enjoy Robin as a character on the show. So she can go for me, she could to have gone a long time ago. Mia can go. I don't need to say too much more about that, but Mia, bye, sweetie. I genuinely think that Wendy is an amazing person, and I think she's so smart, she is beautiful. I just think reality TV is gonna push Wendy to a place that she's not gonna be able to recover from in terms of like who she really wants to be in this world. And so for that reason, I think she could go. It's not that I don't enjoy her, but I think she wants to be perceived as something that reality TV is not going to allow her to be. Karen, listen, I love the Grandame, but she can go for me.
Speaker 2: She can go.
Speaker 1: She's en daring, but it's not giving iconic and legendary like it was the first couple of seasons. Karen has done what she needed to do for this franchise, and she can bow out gracefully. That's where I'm going with Karen and who is left Ashley forgot about her too, you know what, I take that back, actually, because we love a good train wreck Candace and Ashley can say because Ashley, I need to. I think there's a lot more there with Ashley's story, and I think Ashley is also very inauthentic in the way she shows up on the show as well. But I do think that there is a lot more to go with her story and her children and stuff like that. So I think keep Candace, keep Ashley, get some more like older women, because I realized Candace Ashley are very young and like housewives speak, So maybe we get some other older women to and build a cast around that. But you're the executive producer, what do you think of my analysis?
Speaker 3: I really need to think about this because I will say this prior to you saying that this is why I love you, because you and I always think of like I did say, Giselle is never ever, ever, ever bringing on a man she loves on the show anymore after Sherman, I said, after Sherman that was heartbreaking for her because I was told behind the scenes Giselle was really in love with Sherman like really in love with him, and he left allegedly because he said, oh I'm a baby, I ain't doing this, it ain't worth it, so he left. So I agree with you there. I've always said I think it's Ashley's time to go. I really want to think about the rest up until you said that, I only said let Ashley go, and I said, I only think Robin should stay on the show, only ever getting every single thing.
Speaker 4: Between her and Wan.
Speaker 3: Wan must film, He must come to the reunion like he must give us all day.
Speaker 4: If he's not, Robie can go.
Speaker 3: And the thing with Giselle, who I love, Giselle's gonna have to change. Gazelle's going to have to take off her producer hat and give us some ulnerable moments. Do I think Gisel is in love? That went the house guy?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: When I saw that, I said, stop playing in my face, Please stop playing with me. And what reality we talked about this before when it was Heather and Gina hanging out, And what reality does that matchup actually happen and actually work? And what reality does Gisel Bryant, Giselle Kobe Bryant work hang out with this man and be.
Speaker 2: In a serious relationship and love him.
Speaker 1: When Giselle told us a couple of seasons ago what she likes, I think she said, a dark skinned man, hung like a horse, lots of money.
Speaker 2: That man is not chocolate.
Speaker 1: I don't know what his Genna Telia looks like, but what I can tell you from the looks of it, it doesn't look like he has the coin for Giselle.
Speaker 2: And that's no shade to him. He's a young man, though he's a you.
Speaker 1: His money isn't long enough for what I think Giselle is kind of requiring. Now, Giselle has just gotten to the point in her life where she's like, look, I'm trying to have some fun. I'm trying to wear my whistle from time to time. Okay, that's believable to me, but not as a serious contender, like stop playing me with that.
Speaker 4: No, that was the thing.
Speaker 3: It was like, stop again. Gizelle likes a dark skinned man, she said out her own mouth. And the other thing Jasmine said, So that's why Potomac, to me, is in trouble, because they're going to have to have truly a real sit down about what they're willing to give. And based upon that Jasmine is when I would say, as a producer, you can stay, you.
Speaker 4: Can go, you can go.
Speaker 3: I think whose job are safe is Candace and Wendy because I think Candice and Wendy are willing to give everything to the show, and I feel like they want to, but they're working with women who want to just have one storyline of how can we embarrass you the most? And people are over it. So you heard it here from Jasmine and Carlos. In order to make Potomac great again, Let's just say a lot of changes are going to have.
Speaker 1: To be made in order to make Potomac great again. You got to make Potomac real again.
Speaker 4: And there you have it.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Jasmine Heley Brown. I know you private child, but if you want to, honey, let the folks know where they can find you and follow you and support you.
Speaker 2: Listen, don't follow me, don't find me.
Speaker 1: Go and subscribe to the podcast that I executive produced, It's Giving Fashion with the shaik Cule. You can find that wherever you get your podcasts. Also, subscribe and follow the Social Dose. It is your daily dose of everything that's going on in social media. It's like the yesification of social media. News honey, So get into those, follow those and support those, and there.
Speaker 4: You have it. Thank you, Jeff, You're welcome. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 3: New episodes drop every Tuesday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit realitywithe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production.
Speaker 4: Of Kingdom Rain Entertainment.
Speaker 3: It is produced by Sierrace Fragley Rix An executive produced.
Speaker 4: By Me Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment. Baby, Yes,