Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, welcome to the Almost Famous Podcast. Today we have someone you haven't heard of in a while, but she is back and she's on a show that is very popular. You saw her during Peter Webber season. It's Tammy Lee. Hello everyone, Hello Tammy. When I met you at Women Tell All, we like had a great girl moment and I was like, wait a second, you're sown on a villain.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: I remember that moment too because I was going through the trenches back in the day.
Speaker 3: So I appreciate your help with that, but it was good.
Speaker 4: I think that the show obviously makes people look and feel are not our best sometimes, And yeah, I was also young and a whole different person now.
Speaker 2: I feel like, so, how did this happen? It's been five years since Peter season and now you're on a million dollar listing la are How did they find you? Did they know you from the show or is this a totally fresh thing.
Speaker 3: It's a totally fresh thing.
Speaker 4: I joined Tracy Tutor's team here in LA two years ago when I got my license in California, and I started being really back and forth between New York and Los Angeles. But yeah, so I join and we just film, and it's so different than filming The Bachelor because we get to have our cell phones and we can touch our mics, and we can talk to producers and it's just they just film us working and going through our daily lives. And it's so different than filming The Bachelor because you're just you know, restricted, no phones, you don't know what time it is. So it was such a like three sixty of different ways of filming, but it's a different show.
Speaker 2: So so does it feel like kind of a nine to five job where you know, you put your mic on in the morning, you take it off at night, and you just kind of about your actual job while filming, Like how much of it is not you know, we don't like to use the word scripted, but maybe a little staged.
Speaker 3: It's actually not staged. Some of the things.
Speaker 4: We wish it was more stage because it would get more you know, realistic timelines of how buyers and sellers work with each other. But it's we have set filming days and we tell them what listenings we have active and what's going on between the other agents, and they kind of coordinate when we're going to film and what we're going to be filming. But we're just going through the motions as if we were working, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Really so, it's as if you're just being filmed doing a realtor job. Yeah, then how does the drama? Would you say that like when you're just doing a regular job as a realtor? Would you say that drama occurs like that or is it because the personality is in your company?
Speaker 3: I would say both.
Speaker 4: We're a pretty badass girl group and we are very sassy, and we work with other agents and I think, I mean, I've been doing this for eight years now. The Los Angeles real estate agents are a different animal. Like it is a drama. Some people won't show each other houses because they don't like each other.
Speaker 3: It's just wild.
Speaker 2: That is so interesting. Tell us about that. Just like the housing market right now, what's the status? Is it a good time to buy? Is it a buyer seller's market? I don't know. I've been out of the buying game for a couple of years now, but I'm always interested.
Speaker 4: A realtor will tell you that it's a great time to buy and sell. After last month, La obviously got hit with a ton of fires. It's very sad, and we were so busy out of nowhere. Seven days into the new year. You know, a lot of families lost their homes, so we were trying to find all of our clients temporary housing, what are they going to do with their house, try to figure out their insurance with them, and then try to find them maybe a potential more permanent home for the next two to three years while they rebuild.
Speaker 3: There's just so much going on, Like we had an influx like.
Speaker 4: The night of the fires, like twenty thirty people reaching out to us trying to help them relocate. And everyone wants to stay on the West Side because that's where their whole lives are, but they can't really live. Yeah, the fires were still going on, so it was just really hectic and crazy. It was very sad. A lot of my clients you know, have nothing, you know, and it was very heartbreaking, so sad.
Speaker 2: So sad. And now is there like a you guys just have you don't have enough places for these able to live now, right, So they're all moving further east in.
Speaker 3: That they're moving to OC they're moving to San Diego. There's just it's the wild wild rest right now.
Speaker 4: I mean we're getting a ton of inventory in, but it's still not enough for all the people that lost their homes.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: Now, you were a realtor when you were on the Bachelor. You've been a realtor for eight years. Now, did it help or hurt your business being on the Bachelor?
Speaker 3: You know, it's so funny.
Speaker 4: So I was newly a realtor probably for a couple of years when I had my first show, and I obviously became a villain at some point in people from like Kansas, the Midwest.
Speaker 3: They were like leaving reviews about me, saying that I'm a bad real estate agent. And it was really funny.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's funny to laugh out about right now, but it was really traumatizing during that time because like people are like with my business.
Speaker 3: But I actually ended up helping my business.
Speaker 4: I think obviously people know who I am now in my small town, and I have credibility now as well with you know my business and who I am. So I've had definitely people try to reach out to view homes just to meet me sometimes, but we do a whole vetting process.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: That's so for safety precautions.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well that's great. We have seen as part of million Dollar listing some romance. How's your romantic life going?
Speaker 4: So I didn't find love on The Bachelor or Bachelor in Paradise, but I did find it through The Bachelor my really good friends Chason and Spencer, who are on Clarentatious season. I was close with them for a very long time during COVID and still kept up with them to this day. And I met my curve boyfriend now through them, so they were both friends with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so technically the Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Did help me. There's lots of people who have met that way and I love that. I love fate stories. Do we see any of your boyfriend on the show.
Speaker 4: He's filmed a couple of times, but they don't really cut out so much. I mean, you know TV, so I don't think I've seen him on any episodes. If you did, it might be like the side of his head. But he also works like a very intense job, so he's such a he's like a very normal person. He's an attorney, so he's always like working. He doesn't really go to my events with me or filming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you would, you say that being on the Bachelor helped in your career at all. Besides, like you know, people trying to get viewings with you. Would you say that like it gave you people like certain like insight into people.
Speaker 3: Yes and no.
Speaker 4: I mean obviously I'm not just your average real estate agent. I've been on to Vehy couple of times. I mean Tracy is the same way though, you know, so people have reached out trying to talk to us and interested in properties just because it's Tracy.
Speaker 2: So I would say, yeah, who is your favorite client to work with? Like, what kind of person?
Speaker 3: I love my new families?
Speaker 4: A young couple with like maybe a kid or two who are trying to find like a bigger space for their growing family. I love those types of clients. I think it's really cool to see people growing into something that they thought was a dream and that some point we were all twenty years old thinking were we ever going to have children?
Speaker 3: Are we ever going to have a home to you know, build on? And it's very beautiful to see that.
Speaker 2: Can you give us a horror story now, like, what is who's like the worst? Can you think of the worst client you've ever had and give it to us anonymously.
Speaker 4: I love all my clients, I'll say, but there's definitely been nightmares with people. I've had a client where I lent them money to borrow I should have done I should have done that. I was young at the time, and I lent him money to empty out his house and he like disappeared. And if I didn't sell this house, like, I wouldn't have gotten paid and he had he had like ten leans on his home.
Speaker 3: So I think, any good lord, Oh no.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's because you're in La. Any celebrity clients.
Speaker 4: Yes, a popular one. I don't know if I could say his name. But our teams working with a bunch of clients, okay, do.
Speaker 2: They tend to be more difficult or the same as your everyday client?
Speaker 3: The same as your everyday client? You know who I was really struck on.
Speaker 4: I don't normally get like god, I like that, but I showed a house to Jimmy Jimmy Garofolo.
Speaker 3: Is that his name?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Jimmy Garoppolo. This podcast tried to set me up with Jimmy Garoppolo during our first season. I was, you know, of course, who doesn't love Jimmy. Who doesn't think he's super hot, and I was like, I want to date him, and the podcast, like our producers kept trying to like find a way into that circle, but it didn't work and I lived happily ever after. Besides that point, but reason, yeah, I am not surprised that you had googly eyes over that.
Speaker 3: This man is large, and I'm like, oh my god, I love that.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Tammy, we appreciate you being here. What a million dollars million dollar listening is? I know it's on the streaming services. Is it released all at once or in episodes?
Speaker 3: It's an episodes I think every week on Bravo and then you can watch it on Peacock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alrighty well, guys check her out on that are you you're currently on? Right?
Speaker 4: We haven't picked up season sixteen, but I was on season fifteen and a little bit of season fourteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, Well you guys if they get picked up, which I'm sure they will, keep supporting Tammy and watching that show. All right, Thanks, Tammy, You're welcome. Seeya bye bye.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcasts on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.