Speaker 1: Worrying.
Speaker 2: Today's episode contains spoilers for episode three of Alien Earth on Hulu and FX be warned. Hello, my name is Jasonceepsio, and welcome back to text revision of the podcast where we dived with your favorite shows, movies, comics and pop culture. We're here at iHeart Podcast, bringing you episodes every Tuesday Thursday, plus the summer's biggest movies on Friday, and woes on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yes on Saturday, and on Rosey Night. And in today's episode, we are gonna be recapping the third entry into the very good Alien.
Speaker 1: Uh, very good.
Speaker 2: Let's dive in, Okay, Alien Earth Episode three metamorphoses. It opens up right on the tail, on the cracked Geiger like tail of episode two. Wendy is racing down into the substructure of the towers to find her brother.
Speaker 1: Joe, who has been.
Speaker 2: Tackled and carried away by the Xenomorph. Meanwhile, Kersh and some of the other Lost Boys are in the lab and they're studying the specimens, and Kersh's going through Mother's database of the creatures, and the Iyapus has been captured and everything seems fine, but lost boy Nibs, who is a girl's traumatized both by the kind of life and death the way she sees it, struggle that she just witnessed and took part in against this alien octopus with a multi pupiled.
Speaker 1: Eye on it.
Speaker 2: And that's all mixed together with like these snippets and memories of her late human life, and she means to talk about like her feelings. You know, why can't why can't I keep my old name? Why didn't I get to choose my body? Why are we named after Peter parent characters?
Speaker 3: Like that's why did Wendy get to be Wendy and the rest of us a boy and girls too?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Her names was she actually had as well.
Speaker 3: But she's she's upset that she got to be Wendy because Wendy is a girl and the rest of them all got the boy's names.
Speaker 2: Curly plays basically like the company was basically saying, like, hey, listen, boy Genius has a vision and uh, this is all gonna be great. It's all gonna work out fine. Speaking of boy Genius, he calls kersh who's you know from his office and research island and says, hey, forget the mission. The original mission, which was very, very briefly like search and rescue. Your mission now is steal all the Whyland Utani specimens and bring them back to Research Island and anything that might be a value so we can study it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I go to put a thing in it I think is really funny and is maybe potentially a good question. Is like Kush was clearly already doing that, so I kind of love the idea that Kush is the one who really knows how to run the business and he already basically had that unlocked. But Boy Genius was like, yes, now, I say that that is what you're doing, which I thought was really interesting. And obviously not everyone is as into it as Kush's.
Speaker 2: They capture something about boy Genius that rings true about like these kind of like charismatic like founder kind of figures, which is that one it's got to.
Speaker 1: Be their idea. Like a lot of times.
Speaker 2: When you're in when you're pitching somebody who has like juice like that, a lot of the process is like trying to figure out how to frame the idea so that it's there so that they think they came up with it, you know, so you gap And I think that's kind of curses kind of like that. And I also think that, as we see in the debate that ensues from his decision to like, hey, grab all these specimens, he's also one of these type of guys who he'll get an idea and it's like, everybody, I know we've been working on.
Speaker 3: This thing, like years and years and years.
Speaker 2: Drop that we're doing this now because this is exciting to me. And that's and that's grabbing the specimen. So these lieutenants are concerned. They're like, you know, they have various critiques. One is like, hey, we're we have got multi billion dollar hybrid prototypes in the field, and we're about to launch this brand new hybrid product line, and now we're going to like kind of drop all that to grab these like weird like insects, like and we don't know what their capabilities are. And boy Genius is like, hey, listen, we got lab facilities. We can quarantine them down at the bottom of the research island.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about.
Speaker 3: And he's also like, yeah, and your Tani made the mistake of telling me these are what the trillion dollars I'm keeping this.
Speaker 2: He's like, no way, so curse just like okay, well, and kind of gives him a little bit of an update like Wendy's missing TBD, she went after her brother, and now Boy Genius is just like reams out curses like, well, looks like you're running a really sloppy operation. I told you this, that and the other I told you I thought, I thought I built you better than this. Get your shit together, get the samples, get Wendy back and come home.
Speaker 3: Now kills this little bit at some point, because I have to say it happened. One of the biggest critiques and thoughts, because I've in this gay patch called Everybody's loving the show online. Everybody's loving the show. But the one question people keep saying is why is this a prequel? Why would you introduce all these new corporations we've never heard of? How are you going to tie that up? I am assuming that Boy Genius's arc here is he blows up his country, his company, and everything else by trying to go off to these aliens. I'm assuming that that is where we're going to end up, is that Prodigy doesn't exist by the end of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it's probably going to be like a Whyland, yes exact, and then they are then.
Speaker 3: They take one of the that's a good way of putting. But we'll see, Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Wendy is down, you know, in the basement, running around. She hears her brother yelling, don't come.
Speaker 1: It's a trap. She goes in. It's a meat locker.
Speaker 2: She's restrained by the you know, the alien rubber cement.
Speaker 1: He's in the wall. They're going to lay the egg on him.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen the queen, so who knows like when that would actually happen. The alien returns and a fight ensues, but or is about to ensue, it seems like, but then the alien's like, no, I'm gonna leave.
Speaker 3: He sees Wendy and it's like she leaves. So is this more about theory that they don't attack sins?
Speaker 2: I think that what we're seeing is just how actually smart the alien is, because I think alien. I think the alien recognizes one that she's not human, can smell it or sense it or whatever, and so decides to climb like into the air duct or up on the roof above Wendy and Joe, so that when she unknowingly stabs her sword through the ceiling, the acid blood drips down and if not from the fact that she whips the blood off her sword onto the ground, she would have been fucking melted. I think this is just I think this is just like the alien being really really smart.
Speaker 3: A great strategist that it has to fight sense differently.
Speaker 2: Scary scary smart, so the whole like all the acids, melting everything. Then the alien somehow knocks the freezer over and Wendy and Joe are separated.
Speaker 3: Crazy strength, very very strong.
Speaker 2: Joe gets stabbed by the alien's tail and he gets thrown across the room. Wendy drags like meat, hooks it, yeah, through the tiny mouth in the in its tiny mouth, somehow not breaking like any blood vessels to like melt the hook.
Speaker 1: I'll take that's fine.
Speaker 2: I guess just through the cheek, if you like a fish, if you get it through the cheek.
Speaker 3: Also the tiny mouth. Is the tiny mouth as full of alien blood or is it just a little bit of alien red?
Speaker 2: So not a lot of blood vessels in an alien's face, we can say that.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: She then drags it towards like this airlock, throws it behind this big metal door, which Joe closes. But then Wendy gets trapped there behind it, and Joe's like trying to open it back up, and when they open it back up, the alien is torn up when he killed it, but she's got the synth milk coming from her head. She's been badly injured, and she collapses.
Speaker 3: Also, I just want to say great job here by Alex Lothe. We know Sidney Chandler does have the juice to lead this show. She's doing a great job. But I think that this interaction could have been very much just like action based. But you really feel like Joe is like, fuck it. He believes this is his sister. Now he wants to save her. This is the chance he never had. So you really get like a really great emotional push and pull in this sequence, even when it's also like a crazy action sequence with an alien, you know, getting its head chopped off.
Speaker 2: Slightly comes down looking for Wendy, and instead he finds like more evidence of like alien stuff.
Speaker 1: There's like the goo, the classic goo that's always on the ground.
Speaker 2: There's a skin of probably a face hugger or maybe a small chest burster that was like growing. But he only finds Sme down there, and they find more eggs. Sme tells slightly about like all the stuff they've seen, that the fucking insects they drink, the blood, and the crazy octopus thing slightly updates me on Wendy that she went down there to look for a brother. They discuss the eggs and then Morrow sneaks up on them and it's like, hey, gotcha, and he gets them away from the eggs and he searches them and the hybrids, who again are just kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's such a good these to us, so good at putting that across, and I love how they build this kind of intrigue that Morrow didn't have before. When he sees that that acting like kids, suddenly he's like, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Yes, so he there. They're just spilling nervously, like all this information. We're from New Siam, it's a prodigy city. He Marrow recognizes that, Okay, these they're synthetics, but they're acting weird because they keep framing themselves in conversation as just kids and they're talking about parents and it's very very strange. Marrow then explains that the ship that they are on, that's his ship. He's achieved of security, picked up the eggs and picked up all these other specimens. But then the eggs hatched and the monsters came out, and there's monsters in the eggs, and now the hybrids that slightly in sme are getting very scared. Marrow then puts on some like mother headphones.
Speaker 1: To upload all of his data. I love the mother headphones.
Speaker 3: Dude, I love this. It was so cool, like the choice that they made to show the information going into his brain through lights. It's very old school, it's very dialog. It looks really cool, and yeah, Boozy's killing it in this episode.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, so uploads the data. Morrow tells the kids that like, what do you know, Like, let me ask you something. What would you do if the AI who's basically your boss, tells you that something takes priority over the lives of the crew. In this case, it was these specimens, these weird monsters. What would you do in that situation? And he's like that made me scared because I wasn't sure what to do and like you've seen, you know, look around like this is what has happened.
Speaker 1: So what would you do? Kids? Would you follow orders?
Speaker 2: And they're like they don't really understand the thought experiment, and they don't know what they would do.
Speaker 3: And they sort of say like, well, who are we killing? Are they bad people? Are they good people? And you get to see that they still have this very like childlike moralistic binary. And also they're like, what about friends? You know, you wouldn't kill your friend and morows looking at them like what, and he's like, well, I don't have friends, and they said, well, everybody needs a friend, and that will end up becoming very important. But Moro is clearly getting very intrigued by the kids and the weird kind of synthetic bodies because he can sense.
Speaker 1: I think he suspects already what has happened. Like it doesn't take it.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be a boy genius to kind of act exhaust out what probably happened here. Once the upload is finished, Morrow Like takes the sword out of his forearm and grabs Slightly Like by the collar by the neck and asks him a question, when is a machine not a machine? Before this can go too far, curse arrives, Moro puts a gun to slight Slightly's head. He and kersh Like argue about like, hey, this is my ship, you know, like I'm head of security of this utahany vessel and curshes like, well it landed in it in Prodigy territory. So it's like a baseball that flew over into a neighbor's yard and I am the neighbor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, He's like, the ship is not the location.
Speaker 2: And then Marrow is like, what's up with these guys? Like their since but what's going on there? He was talking about their parents, their parent Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that line.
Speaker 2: Kirsh No, you know who has been tralling the Mother database knows all about Moro knows, he's a cyborg, knows his you know, like he's chief of security the whole thing. And Marrow is like, listen, you think that she's going to let you have these creatures? She will never let you have these creatures. And it's like, are you talking about you?
Speaker 1: Tani? It's unclear, but pretty pretty clear. I think to us that that's who she's talking to.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll put out crazy twist. It is almost certainly your Tani. What if he's talking about the Mother, the Queen mother Alien? I mean, you know, very sick at.
Speaker 2: It could be it could be that also, that's a good reading of it.
Speaker 3: I love the youani read, but I think that's a fun one.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, behind Morrow, the eggs are like stirring there, bubbling, they're rustling at least. But before anything can happened, Marrow leaps into these many, many chasms that exist in every room of this, just like a chasm that you could jump into.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm like, I'm guessing it's probably from the crash, but yeah, but he loves to jump through a chasm, like he is jumping into a chasm. That's his getaway, like Batman and the smoke Bomb.
Speaker 2: So now time passes, the specimens are being gathered, the salvage comes out. Kurt is watching all this, all the stuff, the Aliens injured, Wendy injured, Joe, all the lost boys, all the research is being transported back to Research Island, where Boy Genius, standing next to his weird butler, Lobot from Cloud City and Empire strikes back without his headphones, kind of like watch all this stuff come in. In the lab, Dame and Arthur, one of the other Prodigy team, are working to like repair and reboot Wendy. Dame is very upset about this because she's still sees Wendy as a child.
Speaker 3: She's ostensibly the parent. It's hard a husband who is this scientist, but they seem to be having some big like splits on what the purpose of that work is.
Speaker 2: Arthur is also not happy about what happened to Wendy, but more in the sense that this is like a billion dollars, like he just.
Speaker 3: Gonna send out a billion dollar toy, Like unfortunately, who iss him say that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So BG comes in.
Speaker 2: Boy Genius is like, oh, what did I hear people talking about me? Is like, you criticizing me in my decision making?
Speaker 1: Like what's going on?
Speaker 2: Dame very politically is like, hey, let's just it's over now. We need to repair Wendy and let's just like do that. You go to the lab kersh is like looking at all the specimens, looking at the iOpus. Boy Genius comes in there, he's like he praises toodles, and Curly is like, great job, guys.
Speaker 3: And they're so happy you can tell something that happens a lot.
Speaker 2: Curly, especially as we will seekersh then is like, hey, do you think it was worth it risking a decade's work on these weird bug distractions? And boy Genius is like, are you kidding like again, like I am rocked up for a trillion dollars worth of alien shit, like I am so so so fucking psyched. He gets near the egg, the egg starts doing its eggs, rustling, and the little pieces, the little pedals of the egg begin to part, and Boy Genius, very foolishly is moving into.
Speaker 3: Classic flash position. I sweat, I'm sticking to this Pheromone's idea or something because everyone just wants to stick the head in that. And the number one thing that I think your brain and your body and your feral you know, Amigdala is going to be telling you, was like, don't put your head in that. So why does everyone do it?
Speaker 2: It must and yeah it must be something about Its intriguing. But before he can get hugged, Kersh sees him out curse's and then Kirshn explains, listen, they impregnant you. That's a parasite. I saw multiple examples of this on the ship, people who had been exploded from the outside and it lays an egg, the egg grows and it freaking burst out of your chest. I've seen it happen. So boy Genius, now with with you know, seemingly like a newfound respect and appreciation for the good job that Kursh has done. Is like, okay, well you're in charge of all of these animals and lock down the specimens. Nobody inter out except you and unless you say it's okay and you get to work. Later, Lobot comes to see the kids.
Speaker 1: I should find out what his name. It looks like no, I like.
Speaker 3: It looks like a little Lobul.
Speaker 2: So Lobot comes to see the kids, and the kids are worried that they're in trouble because of, you know, stuff that went on on the ship. And Lobot asks about Morrow and they all describe Morrow and the ways that he's a cyborg. He has a sword in his arm and all this kind of stuff. Apparently he's gone. They can't find him. Prodigy's looking all over the city for him. They put out an apb using steal images collected from the kid's eyes, and the kids found this very troubling thing.
Speaker 3: They're watching.
Speaker 1: You're watching stuff through our eyes.
Speaker 3: Yes, And they said, we record every single thing that you see. And you can tell that they both got very nervous about that, because obviously they like kids that they're don't fuck around shit. Yes, yeah, very interesting.
Speaker 2: So Lobot asks slightly what was it that Morrow said to you, because I guess they'd can't hear it that well on the audio feed, but and then he says, you know, it was that question, when is a machine not a machine? Elsewhere in the city we see Morrow kind of limping around the streets stealing food. He gets his little burner phone out. He makes a call using his secret passphrase to the Utanian Corporation. He speaks to you Tani herself and you Tani and he's like, wait, you're not Yutani and she's like, oh, yeah, that's right. It's been sixty five years since the Mazino left Earth. I am Utani's granddaughter. I'm the new Utani and what's so? I am Utani, So what's going on? And he's like, okay, well, Prodigy has all the specimens. The Magino was sabotage. What do we do now? Utani is like, just come home, we'll figure it out, and Moros then says, no, I'm gonna stop, like I wasted my entire life.
Speaker 3: I love that line.
Speaker 2: He's taking like taking care of these creatures and safeguarding them through this arduous space journey that went terribly.
Speaker 3: He's everyone I know is dead, Like I have nothing else. This is my life life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have nothing but these animals. I'm getting them back period point.
Speaker 1: Like I'm getting back.
Speaker 3: Let's take it quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: That Curly.
Speaker 2: And Genius have a little conversation, Curly being Ripley being the scorting a ripoff?
Speaker 3: How could you do this?
Speaker 2: I they did this because I think it's really the things I've been wandering about. Listen, I think there's very few things as actually terrifying, like they're they're framing the innocence of childhood given access to like this incredibly strong and vulnerable, immortal and very powerful body. Is like, Oh, it's good. It's kind of the best version of it. I don't know, like there's a lot to be scared of of little kids having like advanced bodies and advanced intelligences, and I'm glad that they've brought like.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is really good because I think it's really I think it's really shows that Horley is not trying to tell an easy story. Yes, like there's gonna be complexities. It's not gonna be that all the kids are good and the adults are bad. It's gonna be very much about how each of these people interacts with the world. And I do think that Curly doing this is like, so it's so realistic, it's so childlike, but it's so valry. But it's also like you you also like just know it's gonna end badly. So I was definitely kind of like cringing. Yeah, Irana James, she's really brilliant. I saw her in a show called The Wilds which was on Amazon for two seasons. Actually really good, kind of proto Yellow Jackets vibe. But yeah, she's great, and she's so good in this scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she basically accuses boy genius of having a favorite when and the favorite is Wendy, and Boiss basically is like, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: What and he's interested. He's like wait, He's like do you care?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he's like, yeah, I care because I'm better than her, Like I'm smarter than her. I don't have these weird attachments to like my brother and all this dumb shit, Like I am thinking about how my new body and my new brain can help fix the world, Like I have a lot of good ideas. And he's like oh, yeah, what are they? And she's like, I'm not going to tell you because you're gonna steal my ideas.
Speaker 1: I'll let you.
Speaker 2: He's a time, yeah, and he's like and she's like, I think I can be smarter than you. I learned French in a week. And then he goes on to this whole thing about prodigy, which is exactly what we said in the which is like, like, you can be a genius, you're you're a child genius until you're no longer a child and it's not interesting anymore. So he says, listen, I like what you're pitching. I'm gonna I think part of what makes you uniquely intelligent is your child like imagine, you can imagine anything. I'm going to give you some study materials. I'm going to give you some things to read, some podcasts to listen to. I' listen to the X ray vision of Obvious, cap of every alien movie. And then we're gonna get together and we're going to talk and I'm going to see, like what kind of ideas you have and let and she's like and then I'm the favorite. And he's like, well, you're in the.
Speaker 3: Rate to be the favorite, and which is one just need to say, you're setting up something fucked up there, bro, because that's going to become an obsession and you're gonna regret it.
Speaker 2: Second, is it is it more fucked up than what's already happened.
Speaker 3: It's not, but I just mean for him, like he's gonna end up regretting it. But one thing that I think is really interesting here when we're talking about why did boy genius make these creatures? I think he reveals here what makes them geniuses is their childlike imagination. So I think part of the reason he created these since is so that they could come up with new ideas that he could take credit for as he has grown up and is no longer necessarily a prodigy. So I think maybe he's been trying to make these child prodigies, and it seems like Curley is the first one who is going down the path that I think he more wanted them to, which was this petition made.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's made any of these before successfully.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I think that.
Speaker 3: Is I think these are the first ones. I think they're going to launch them obviously as a way to showcase, you know, you can put your brain in a person. That's what we're trying to do. If your child is ill, you'll pay any way to you know, have them still alive. You can do it this way. So obviously there's a financial element and a creativity element, and a patenting element and all the things that he wants for money. But I also think in this conversation he kind of reveals that he feels like he can't necessarily make any more great ideas. So maybe having the kid's brains in the SyncE bodies is a way for him to capture that childlike intelligence and kind of keep his ideas going even if they're not.
Speaker 2: I think you're kind of right. I think his plan. I think obviously, like for the investors, like his ideas, like we're going to put these synths in the field. They're going to do the dangerous work.
Speaker 3: They're going to do no hard work.
Speaker 1: They can be on spaceships. They don't need to be asleep.
Speaker 2: But I think personally, listen, Dame is giving him a lot of shit. Kersh who is synthetic but is giving is giving him a lot of shit. Arthur is giving him a lot of shit. Lobot just follows orders, but not necessarily an ideas guy. I think I think that boy Genius wants to replace his entire inner circle with like.
Speaker 3: With chow geniuses that he has created, so he deems to be as you know, as good as him.
Speaker 2: Slightly is just hanging out in the research facility when Morrow suddenly is able to talk to him and is in his mind, in his conscious Morrow is like at some Internet cafe where we see that the Internet of the twenty second century still has the font of like GeoCities of like nineteen ninety eight, which is so funny, and Slightly is really really scared, and Marrow is like, guess what I figured it out? Ask me how I figured out? Like what you are, and he's like googling while he's talking to them. He's like googling all this information about boy Genius and the very products that Prodigy is offered and stuff. And he asks Slightly how old Slightly is. And we learned that Morrow had a little girl, but she's probably dead by now or very old. Slightly doesn't want to talk Tomorrow ever again, and Morrow is he's a fully grown like adults, just running circles around this like little kid. And here again we get this kind of like grooming undertone where he's like, Okay, you know what you need. It's the same thing that you said that I needed when we were on the ship. You need a friend. Can I be your friend? And so it seems as if Slightly is going to be probably unwillingly Morrow's spy.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is where this is going, And I really like the way that Morrow there is the mention of the door. Yeah, lets us know that there's gonna probably be a little bit of ethical quandary in his heart about what he's doing, and he may be will get some feelings about the kids. But I also think obviously like he's going to be running Slightly as his like number one spy throughout this season.
Speaker 2: Now, meanwhile, NIBBs continues to really be struggling with the transition to her new body breaking out and all the things that she's seen. She can't stop thinking about her human life and how it ended, and she just kind of goes like walking like aimlessly through the labs. Dame is sleeping next to Wendy, who is rebooting, but then she must be sleeping very soundly because Wendy wakes up and then just walks off. Joe is undergoing some pretty severe surgery and he kind of like wakes up in the middle of it to see what's going on in this Could you tell what was going on here? I was like wondering if they were implanted.
Speaker 3: I know, I was worried about that too. I feel like from he had that little injury, I feel like they wouldn't needed to be cutting him to fix that injury. I wonder if they were doing some kind of alien implantation, because we do also see at one point, like as we will talk about that there is some alien experimentation goes on, and there's already experimentation. So I hope that doesn't happen to Joe, but could be interesting. We've never you know, they leaned into the idea of like Ripley and the alien having a symbiosis or becoming one, or creating a creature that is part of both of them, this kind of hybrid idea, So that would be an interesting thing, was if they were trying to also now create as any more human hybrid as well. So fingers crossed, Alex Lortha, you're good brother, You're good in character. I know that people like you as hermit, So hopefully they did not do that, but I also have that thought, so great pick up.
Speaker 2: So down in the lab, the work is beginning. Curly Toodles and Kersh are dissecting an egg. They get it open using a I mean, the skin of this egg is unbelievably tough.
Speaker 3: It looks like what you'd imagine a dinosaur, a dragon is it's pure sales, almost impossible to cut through.
Speaker 2: It takes them like they've to use a power saw basically to come through it. They get into the sack and they can see the face hugger, you know, through a membrane kind of like moving in there. And as Kurse breaks the membrane, Wendy hears that high pitch sound against so she can hear this is the way I want nice.
Speaker 3: What happened is she? I think it's the to the aliens is thin, She's so.
Speaker 2: I mean we've seen in the other alien movies, right, how the aliens. I'm thinking alien to aliens specifically the way the queen would like signal somehow to her drones and they would fall.
Speaker 1: Back or move away. So like, how do they communicate?
Speaker 2: I think that they are communicating somehow with in this high frequency range they're emitting these kind of signals that Wendy is for some reason able to hear. Kursh and the hybrids wrestle with the face hugger hugger. They managed to get them.
Speaker 3: Showing how strong it is, because that's three there's a scent and two hybrids and they are barely struggling to get this one creature down to be able to dissect that.
Speaker 2: Wendy is continuing to like experience like pain and agony from this high frequency something that is like washing over her. Meanwhile, Kursh removes the baby chest burster tadpole from their face hugger, which is like, really cool. We've never seen this cool and so tiny.
Speaker 3: But they managed to make you able to see that really phallic shape of the head the things that you know, and you see it swishing around and you're just like, oh, yeah, it's baby's animal and I love it and I hate that.
Speaker 2: So they have this like vat with a synthetic lung and heart kind of like pumping attached to like this kind of pipe and tube frame.
Speaker 3: To make the alien think is alive essentially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So they drop the alien into this vat that has like some kind of saline solution or something in there, and it swims swims around, the swims around the lung, and then it goes into like the folds of the lung and like disappears like under there, clearly like hooking onto the blood supply to the to hooking itself to like the veins and the and the whatever the system of this like lung, the synthetic lung, so that it can grow. Meanwhile, Wendy has been overcome by this signal this and has collapsed and is twitching on the floor somewhere in the lab. And that's it that we we go onto episode four. I this is the show's really you know once you started very very strong, and now I think it's going into very interesting territory, especially with the widening of the lore of like the alien biology.
Speaker 3: I think is some of them, I think really fascinating. I think it's what we're looking for in an alien show. The synth stuff is very interesting, and Noah Hawley is definitely bringing a new angle to it. But I think really getting to know more about the xenomorph and its physiology and the way the aliens work. I'm very interested in this connection with Wendy and the alien seemingly because let's be real, nobody else the other synths are not having that reaction to it, and Wendy did just kill an alien. Maybe there is some kind of blood that got on her or something. I don't know, but I feel like there's something very interesting going on there that I can't wait for. And with the NIBS situation and the slightly situation, how high are our odds, Jason, that there's going to be like a full on robot rebellion, like a kid rebellion before the end of this season, Because I do think it's quite likely.
Speaker 2: I think it's I guess likely, but it also like makes me feel I would be slightly disappointed if boy Genius doesn't have many safeguards to protect against this. Wouldn't that be like one of the first things you do is like, how do I make sure my synthetic humans that I've just created don't ever rebel against me? Or if they do, I just like click a click a p and they all collapse. Like so, I hope while I I expect to see something like that, I also expect to be subverted in that to a significant degree. I also am wondering about the Wendy thing too, It's like because ostensibly all the bodies are produced in the same way, though they all look differently, So why would she have different capabilities than the other ones. I feel like I want to know more about it.
Speaker 3: I do. It will be interesting to these the exactly play the hybrid human physiology as well. I think I want to know more about that. I need to know how it's going, why her brain seems to be reacting differently. How Curly, for example, is able to harness that intelligence to learn French? Is it just about what you put your focus on. I'm very interested. I hope we get some of that. As much as this episode was about the aliens, I really hope we get some more of that about the hybrids.
Speaker 2: I think that if we do get a rebellion, it will be led by kersh Oh.
Speaker 3: I would love to see it. He's he knows he's really running the ship, but he's never going.
Speaker 2: To get He's the one who he's been around long enough to know or at least be aware of whatever safeguards are in place to keep him from like flipping its flipping out. So I think if there's any rebellion, it will necessarily go through him. I will say that one thing that kind of hope doesn't. Well, we'll see. I think the Dame is like the stand in mother for Wendy, or at least having these kind of like maternal feelings towards Wendy.
Speaker 1: We'll see. It just felt like so like obviously we would go here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I want to see why, I want reason.
Speaker 2: And so I'm just like fascinated. And again I'm fascinated to see, like what they're doing with Joe. Are they merely healing him?
Speaker 1: And what is? What is?
Speaker 3: Can you trust anyone in genius space?
Speaker 2: Like no, I wonder if like what they're thinking of is either a synthetic alien body or a synthetic human body with vice versa the mind of a person or the mind of an alien.
Speaker 3: That's really good, Oh my god. Yes, like a weapon also as well, even just the ability to make some kind of hybrid situation where appears human like can have a compassation but has acid blood so it doesn't you know, so if somebody cuts off their synthetic arm, the blood bleeds on them, they you know. I feel like, as so often is the case with new discoveries nowadays. In twenty twenty five, I feel like there is going to be that rush to understand it and that rush to harness it, and that's probably going to end in disaster. Whichever way they go.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: On the next episode of Extra Vision, we're diving into Highest to Lowest, the new Spike Lee feature film, and that's it.
Speaker 1: For this episode.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, Bye x ray Vision is hosted by Jason Concepcion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 3: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abu Safar.
Speaker 3: Our producers are Common Laurent Dean Jonathan and Fay Wack.
Speaker 2: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 3: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman, and Heidi our discord moderator.