Speaker 1: Tell me about the state of Florida and football in the state of Florida. Why because it was a time where the state of Flooda dominated college football dominated.
Speaker 2: I mean it's Florida State.
Speaker 1: For yes, Florida State, but that ain't we don't have that no more take for the kids to stay home. We used to have the kids staying home. That's what I was about to say. It's right now, there's so many opportunities other places. You gotta remember, like.
Speaker 3: If you went to Florida State Florida or Florida State Florida, Florida State, Miami, you didn't play as a freshman. You you were actually sitting behind yeah pro All America.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember at one point we had Corey Simon who wasn't a starter, but he was All American. So like and coach Bowlence used to tell us, don't get hurt. That was that was legit. Like you got to remember, like everybody at every position was either a five star, four star. So you're talking about coming in as being the man. Everybody else was the man team, So you had to wait your turn. You gotta Charlie Ward. Charlie Ward played as a junior, you know, what he did his first two years punted.
Speaker 2: Wow, I didn't even know that. No, look at Charlie, Charlie Ward. Ain't nobody know that? You heard? O? Geez man?
Speaker 1: Well, Charlie know that his first two years, I thought I knew everything.
Speaker 2: Brood Puddy do everything.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying, like at that time, going to Florida State, Miami, Florida, you gotta wait your turn like it wasn't. It wasn't. I'm going in here and I'm playing as a truth. Dang no, because you got an All American in front, you got three All Americans in front of you.
Speaker 2: Did your family have any influence on where you went? Nah? It was all up to your pop.
Speaker 3: It was up to me. My dad went to Georgia Tech. I got recruited at Georgia Tech to play quarterback. My mom Miami and Hurricane fan. Yeah, and she was like, you know, I would love for you to go to Miami, but it's your decision. And actually I had the the best opportunity to start at Miami early. So when I was at when I when I was recruited at Miami, they told me if if I committed, they wouldn't recruit any more quarterbacks, and then they had as Randy Shannon. Nah, it was uh, what's the guy named? He ended up coaching at Cleveland too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You can't even get over this. Keep you saying recruiting is a quarterback to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But so the quarterback at Miami at the time, he was playing baseball and he wasn't He wasn't there in the spring. He would go play professional baseball.
Speaker 1: So they wanted me to graduate early in January and come compete for the starting job in the spring because the starting quarterback wasn't there. Kenny Kelly. Kenny Kelly, Okay went to Tampa Cathley. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he played professional baseball. So they was like, you, you have a real opportunity to come and compete right away. You got all your credits, you know what I'm saying. The only thing you got to do just you know, finish up what you gotta do. Come in January and I thought about it. But for me, Miami was too close to home. Like I wanted to get away from home a little bit, you know what I'm saying, not too far, but get away from home.
Speaker 2: And I get it.
Speaker 3: Miami was right up the road. So that's that's probably the reason why I didn't go to Miami.
Speaker 2: So you went to three visits or more. I stayed Florida Miami.
Speaker 3: So I was I actually started getting recruited by Ohio. Ohio State was the first first school to recruit me. My after my freshman year, going into my sophomore year, I started getting letters from Ohio State, and then I got started getting recruited by Notre Dame, and then the Florida, Florida school started coming after that, Florida, Florida State, Miami obviously, and then all the other schools after that. But Ohio State was the first first school to recruit. So let's talk about your visit to Florida. What Mike want to bring that up? So you know, me and me and Kuan go way back.
Speaker 1: We go way back. We actually work out at the same gym. Now you welcome to join us.
Speaker 2: If you.
Speaker 1: Put them beers down and show up, we get it work. So when you took your visit to Florida, just go ahead and run.
Speaker 2: Through the story.
Speaker 1: Mike might want to tell people that I'm the reason why you ain't coming to Florida. I don't believe I'm the reason why you ain't coming back.
Speaker 3: But the reason I didn't come to Florida is because Spurrier, Like I just didn't trust Spurrier. And I remember on my visit being in his office and like, dude, could not look me in my eye. And the whole time I'm in his office, he has a putter he try to in his office, he's putting, and as he's putting, he was like, they say I wouldn't play a black quarterback. Oh, Steve, damn, they don't know I had a black quarterback at Dude.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bro, you know what. Steve never looked at it, and I was like, yeah, off the hook man. Listen. They go to a party football players. I'm at a party with basketball players. Now. One of my teammates got rest is soul Major Parker. You know what I'm saying. His girlfriend at the time was at the football party. She's getting He's at the football party. Obviously he's being recruited by the football players.
Speaker 2: She said. In one of the football dudes, Chi, Yeah, it was h. D Jack.
Speaker 3: Sara Jackson played in the league to Djack played at Seattle. I actually played against d Jack and so they both went to Temp Tampa Catholic D Jack and Kenny Kelly. I played against them my sophomore year in high school. They were seniors, and I think Kenny Kelly had no d Jack had just broke the national record like for receiving, and then Kenny Kelly was like the top quarterback.
Speaker 2: I know. DJ was nice. He brought the record.
Speaker 3: So I played against them my my my sophomore year. So we ended up beating them in the playoffs and knocking them out.
Speaker 2: So when I go to.
Speaker 3: Florida on my visit, yeah, so they were Yeah, he was one of the hosts. So we're we're at D Jack's crib. So you know how like before you go out, like dudes playing video games and you know what I'm saying, everybody over to the crib chilling. So Djack sitting down, he's playing the game, and he gets up to use the bathroom and then this girl like sits in his seat. So when he comes back, he uh, he was like, yo, let me get my seat. So she was like nah, Like he was like what like and like you my crib like, so they started going back and forth. Djack ended up smacking the chick. So we didn't know that it was Major's girl who he smacked, so I guess she ended up leaving her and the homegirls they ended up leaving, and.
Speaker 2: A little bit later we go out.
Speaker 3: So we go to this club and like the basketball team's already acted at the spot and yeah, so then he come in and we not even ten minutes in the club, football team and the basketball team started fighting, and we were cruising like, man, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Like the.
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: So they cleared the whole club out. We outside just chilling, like man, what just happened?
Speaker 1: Like so, man, listen, she calls Major crying hysterically, you know, automatically what your woman called hysterically? You you you already own I gotta protect my woman mode. So he already protected women mode. So she give him the story. So we get to the club that night and I already know what time it is. It's one hundred and thirty of them we ain't got, but twelve of us we got. We got to be efficient. So they approached us and they going back and forth. So I'm standing there with Major and you know, d Jack come up and he got a ken yalla kN y'alla walker, you know what I'm saying, shout out, nyall, ain't no more beef.
Speaker 2: That's over with kids kids.
Speaker 1: So you feel like with k Yalla man, so they going back and forth, major going back and forth with with with d Jack and then kN Yalla talking, and then me and kN y'alla start having some words. But immediately I'm looking at how many they got, and I'm looking at how many we got, and I'm saying the mathfa math, And now I ain't going to squirt for much, but I know how to count, so I say, I say, we got to make the move if it's gonna happen, because if they jump on us first, we're gonna get our asses whooped. So yeah, I was the first one to throw the punch and and it went on from there and I ain't go to jail and a couple of people did. It's on them, But yeah, I threw the first punch. I admit that I did.
Speaker 2: Throw the first. Didn't call the muscle in who is the muscle talking about who killer was? They killer was at the gym? Shoot shoot.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's funny that it's funny that you said that because theeve Spurrier called Billy Donovas. I don't care what you do, but keep them away from all my guys. I started to say, Spray, I whooped your ass too.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we got it out of it.
Speaker 4: By the way, Spray, let you off the hook because I'd love to see him in the Gator uniform.
Speaker 2: I would have loved to see him I get a uniform too. I listen, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that that was gonna you know, well, the no the man was putting he ain't.
Speaker 2: Never recruited a black quarterback, That's what. Yeah, ain't. Nobody asked you to go down that glory road home asked you. That's Steve, that's where you blew it at.
Speaker 1: Listen, anytime you invite a black person over and say, they say, I don't invite black people over, but that means that lets us know right there you ain't used to having black people over, Steve, like, that's where he blew it at. It had nothing to do with me at all. It was up when you said that. You never told me that when you invited me to your house in South Dakota. Yeah, you know, I had another black guy here we could go, so you ain't the only one.
Speaker 2: I would have.
Speaker 1: Never you again, that would have been the beginning and the end of me and your relationship, and I'd have never been back to South Dakota. That's crazy as hell to say something like that. That's one of those things where people don't know that's kind of rude.
Speaker 2: Tell him that this rude. That was rude last week.
Speaker 1: I had another black guy over last week, killer, So you ain't the first one. Just know, I like black people got here. You can't say that. You can't say that a good thing that happened back in like the two thousand early because if you say that right now today, your ass is cancel your asses, council.
Speaker 2: You can't say that, Yeah, man, this man so now you get.
Speaker 1: Drafted second round, that had a chip on your shoulder because I know me undrafted. I still got a chip today. I still know who got drafted. And when I didn't tell me about that, how that felt they are? Yeah, I felt like it was a I thought it was disrespectful. I mean, everybody think they're supposed to get drafted high. Now.
Speaker 2: I remember, uh.
Speaker 3: Like going to them comebine and then you have like your meetings with different teams or whatever. And I remember being in the I actually went in in a meeting with Detroit and the GM at the time. He asked me, he said, we have Charles Rogers and we have you. He said, why would why would we draft you before we drafted.
Speaker 2: Charles from Michigan State. Yeah, receiver, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I told him, I said, like, not being cocky or anything, I said, I'm just better.
Speaker 3: That's right, stand on, you know, no disrespect to him or whatever. He's a great talent, but I'm just better. So he was like, you really think that, huh? I was like, of course. Fast forward, they drafted Charles Rogers. I think we're like the number two pick, and I got drafted by Arizona with the fifty fourth pick. And here's the crazy part. So like I got drafted by Arizona, but I was actually the third pick for Arizona. What Arizona had the sixteenth and the seventeenth pick for the seventeenth and the eighteen, So they picked a receiver, Brian Johnson with the seventeenth picked out of Penn State. And they were and they picked Calvin Pace, a d N from Wake Foward. Yes, and I knew Calvin, you know what I'm saying because we played against each other Florida State with Ford same you know, acc or whatever. So I'm I mean, I'm coming to camp with a chip, like they really don't know, like.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we were going to training camp and obviously as a rookie you start at the bottom.
Speaker 2: But like.
Speaker 1: We had many camps and I remember going back home and I told my cousin.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, I'm gonna be starting like when we start, when we start to fall. He was like, man whatever, He was like, this is the lead. This ain't this ain't college. I was like, all right, bet. So we get to we get to preseason, and I can I remember my coach like I'm I'm going with the starters in practice, but when we get to like the game, he's not letting me play. I'm like, bro, what's going on? Like and I said something to him. I'm like, coach, it was coach Mac, coach Mackham.
Speaker 1: But you play that, you're gonna say what you got to say to I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, coach, man, like, what's going on? Like I'm running with the ones and stuff in practice, you know what I'm saying. But like we get the preseason, like I ain't getting no burn Like, what's what's good? He was like, just be patient.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I'm still it ain't registering to.
Speaker 4: Me during this hold on during this the kid the water Shoetes picked sixteen. Was he was he playing the preseason games?
Speaker 3: Yeah, BJ was playing because he was a he was a first round pick. So like, obviously you don't have every opportunity successful, you know what I'm saying, Like I was just curious, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 3: He was Actually he was actually getting burns. So I'm like, all right, so I'm just you know, waiting it out or whatever. So you know, the only thing they really had me doing that preseason was returning punts. So I'm you know, I'm returning punts, making plays. But still I'm like, man, I ain't. I ain't really getting burns like that. So I didn't really play that much in the preseason. Come the first game we played Detroit.
Speaker 4: Guess how many we are head.
Speaker 2: Seventeen of them? So we played.
Speaker 4: Asked you.
Speaker 3: Look that we played Detroit the first game, and like he said, I had ten catches, two hundred and seventeen yards and two touchdowns. Man and the GM from Detroit. He came up to me after the game, he said, you weren't playing.
Speaker 1: I respect that. I respect that too. I respect that. I said, I told you I respect that. And then my head coach he came to me after the game. He was like, I told you, I got you. He was like, I didn't want to show everybody what we had, so I was like, okay, cool, Like now it makes sense, But at the time.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, here is a dirty little secret that insurance industry may want to keep under wraps. Insurance company's profit by holding onto your money for as long as possible, so after an accident they might do whatever they can to delay or deny your claim. This way, they can keep those profits growing. Morgan and Morgan fights hard against these corporations, a fight to make sure you get every dollar you deserve winning court. The insurance companies want juries to think that at fault driver is the one paying the verdict amount. Meanwhile, it's really the insurance companies who are covering the cost. When Morgan and Morgan takes on a case, that are almost always going after the big insurance companies and not the individuals at fault. Morgan and Morgan fights hard for their clients and these corporations know that a recent client in Pennsylvania just received twenty nine million. That's twenty nine million dollars. Insure's best offer was five hundred thousand. Another recent client in Florida received twenty million dollars last offer zero. There's a reason why Morgan and Morgan is America's largest injury firm. Hiring the wrong firm can be disastrous. Hiring the right firm could substantially increase your settlement. With Morgan and Morgan. It's easy to get started, and their fee is free unless they win. Just visit for the people dot com backslash ogs or dial pound Law five to nine. That's for the people dot com max like ogs or dial pound Law five to nine. This, my friends, is a paid advertisement. Fight Fans UFC three one seven is almost here and it's shaping up to be a can't miss card with high stakes matchups and title implications online. Every punch, kick, and take down counts. There's no better way to get in the action than with my partners at Draftking Sportsbook. Right now, new customers who bet just five dollars get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus best instantly, no matter who you're backing in the octagon. Now's the time to make your picks. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and sign up using my promo code Ogs. The crown is yours. Stay in on the action and use your one hundred and fifty dollars and bonus bets on DraftKings same game parlays for a shot at an even bigger payout. Combine multiple bets together from the same game. Love the thrill of live betting. DraftKings has got you covered. Bet live in progress games right as they happen, making watching the game that much more exciting. If sports betting is not yet available in your state, don't worry. You can still join in on all the fun with DraftKings Pick six and have the shot to win cash prizes. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now new customers, use my promo code OGS and bet just five dollars on any wager and get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets league. That's promo code Ogs only at DraftKings Sportsbook