Speaker 1: Welcome to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM paranormal podcast network. Now get ready for us Strange Things with Joshua P.
Speaker 2: Warren.
Speaker 3: Welcome to our podcast. Please be aware the thoughts and opinions expressed by the host are their thoughts and opinions only and do not reflect those of iHeartMedia, iHeartRadio, Coast to Coast AM, employees of Premiere Networks, or their sponsors and associates. We would like to encourage you to do your own research and discover the subject matter for yourself.
Speaker 2: If you get ready to be amazed by the wizard of weird. This is Strange Warren. I am Joshua B.
Speaker 1: Warren, and each week on this show, I'll be bringing it brand new mind blowing content, news, exercises, and weird experiments you can do at home, and a lot more on this edition of the show. Keep this in your wallet to attract money. Plus a ghost story.
Speaker 2: This is something that I have been meaning to.
Speaker 1: Talk about for a long time, but I wasn't quite ready. I don't think I have ever shared this story publicly that I'm gonna gonna tell you about here shortly. But first things first, I for many many years have been keeping a little piece of paper, like a little sliver of paper in my wallet with the number eight drawn on it. And since I have done that, let me tell you that wallet has never been empty.
Speaker 2: It has always been full of cash.
Speaker 1: And some of you have probably heard about the power of number eight and attracting wealth before, but I want to dig into it a little bit more with you, because you know, I'm recording this show right now in the spring, and that's when a lot of people are finally starting to get financially caught up after the holidays and wintertime. You know, everybody blows way too much money around the holidays and then and winter things slow down a lot, and so it's nice to get a little kick start if you want to start. You're generating more opportunities for money to come your way, and often I mean unexpected ways, things that you know, you can't even imagine how you're going to get any money, and then all of a sudden, a check shows up or an opportunity pops up that will allow you to make money. And when I say I have a number eight, the first time I did this, I got a little piece of paper. If that's probably like an inch by an inch, and I just took an ink pen and I just drew an eight on it and put that in my wallet. And then later on, when I realized how quickly my wallet kept filling up, I made a more permanent version. I laminated it. And I've kept at least one of those in my wallet sure enough. And I can't remember where I first heard about the power of keeping the number eight in a wallet. I know that Glennis McCants, the Numbers Lady, has talked about this on Coast to Coast AM a number of times. Of course, I even interviewed her back in the day on my show called Speaking of Strange. She's a very famous numerologist. In fact, her website is Glennis has Your Number dot com g L Y n I S. Mccant's mc c A n T S. Glennis has Your Number dot com. She talks a lot about the power of number eight to attract wealth, and I believe that right off the bat it has to do with the fact that the number eight is also used as the sign for infinity in many regards. We see it used as the infinity symbol in math. We see it used that way in a lot of technology. For example, if you use a camera, you'll often see the infinity sign there to allow you to focus properly. It's kind of interesting when you get online and you start reading about the number eight. It says here that the infinity symbol described as a sideways figure eight is unrelated to the digit eight in origin, that it's first used in the mathematical meaning infinity in the seventeenth century, and may be derived from the Roman numeral for one thousand, which looks similar to this. So they're saying that officially that the usage of the number eight as as accounting tool should not be related to this symbol being used to represent infinity. But to me, I understand how there's a difference between literally counting using numbers and just the way that the number appears to you. But this goes back to my belief in the symbology in general of how pictures appear. That it may not have to do with the fact that eight can only be used as accounting tool on you out of your ten fingers here to keep up keep track of something. That something about the way it's to pick it also triggers this idea of infinity in the brain. In fact, if you're more interested in numerology type stuff. I did an episode of this podcast called Strange Things, Episode one two. It's called can Numerology Make You Rich and Happy?
Speaker 2: Truth? So to me, Regardless of the.
Speaker 1: Historic relationship between eight as accounting tool and eight as a symbol for infinity, I think there's something about seeing this loop that it never ends, it connects back to itself, which taps in to the idea of never ending abundance flowing your way, the fact that everything in the universal is is a cycle, and everything is being recycled. And I could sit here and read to you. You know quite a bit about the history of the infinity symbol. Say, it's commonly seen going all the way back back to like Viking age, combs and tools. It's been used in a lot of different ways. But it makes sense that this symbol would very simply capture the idea of money or anything flowing to you. And that is how you have to envision, just subconsciously, the idea of making money, of money flowing freely towards you. Now, I do want to point out that there are similar things. For example, you may of course know about this tale of the mythical Oro boros. This is an ancient symbol depicting a snake eating its own tail, and could also be a dragon eating its own tail. Not quite the same thing as the infinity symbol, but it's still often used as some kind of a magical representation of the cycle of life and death and of energy flowing and transforming. And I did not realize this until I just started doing research. But believe it or not, there are some snakes, such as rat snakes, that have been documented yes, consuming themselves, and so I looked a little more deeply into that, and I don't want to see some of the I started seeing pictures of this come up, and I was like, no, I don't want to see this. Says while it's unusual, some rat snakes have been observed engaging in self cannibalism, sometimes to the point of dying from it, though the reasons for this behavior are not fully understood. That's called auto cannibalism, the act of an animal consuming its own body parts, and they say that at least one captive snake was documented trying to consume itself twice, dying in the second attempt. There was another snake in the wild that was discovered having swallowed two thirds of its body. Snake experts they think this might arise from stress, confusion, malady, hunger, but they really they really don't know. And so that's just a weird thing to think about. And it also reminds me of these stories that I heard when I was growing up about the hoop snake that's part of at least where I grew up, it was part of the Appalachian Mountain folklore. And I've talked about this also before on the show when I was talking about weirdo cryptids that some Oldzheimer's say that you would occasionally be out in the mountains and you would discover a snake that would essentially put its tail in its mouth and lift itself up like a tire and come rolling down the hill at you like a big hula hoop. And at first you'd be confused, you didn't know what you were looking at, but then of course you were horrified when you saw the stripes for the coloring, and you realize, this is a snake that just springs on you at the last moment. Now, is there any truth to that?
Speaker 2: I doubt it.
Speaker 1: But when I was growing up, there was this old man who was a friend of the family, and you know we're talking about he had to have been born probably late eighteen hundreds, and he spent a lot of time up in the mountains, and he swore that he had seen a hoop snake one time, and that basically everybody was so terrified of him they just killed him out, which is why you don't find them so much anymore. So, just an interesting idea about the relationship between the Ara Boris and infinity. But let's get back to how all this might apply to you making money. Well, when we come back from our break, I'm going to share with you some of what I call a money miracle Secret. It's going to help you understand why that the number eight and your mentality about looking at money as an energy and having that represented in your wallet might help you attract more money. As you move into your year and you start planning your vacations, you start well, you know how it goes. There's always a new bill popping up for something. And if you want to go right now during the break and get my Money Miracle Secret ebook and audiobook for absolutely free, go to Moneymiraclesecret dot com Money Moneymraclesecret dot com.
Speaker 2: Or you can just go to Joshua P.
Speaker 1: Warren dot com and sign up for my free and spam free e newsletter right there on the homepage.
Speaker 2: Takes you two seconds.
Speaker 1: And either way you'll receive an automated email from me that has the ebook, the audiobook tones, all kinds of free online goodies that you will be able to access immediately to start making your life more magical. So, like I say, either go directly to moneymraclesecret dot com or sign up at Joshua pe Warren dot com, where I also have my Curiosity shop.
Speaker 2: I have Joshua pe Warren.
Speaker 1: And you're listening to Strange Things all the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network, and I will be right back.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Strange Things.
Speaker 1: On the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: I am your host, the Wizard of Weird, Joshua P. Warren, beaming into your wormhole.
Speaker 1: Brain from my studio in Sin City, Las Vegas, Nevada, where every day is golden and every night is silver.
Speaker 2: Giitato Zume.
Speaker 1: And I think that numbers are basically sigils.
Speaker 2: You know the thing about a sigil.
Speaker 1: Is it seems like the sigils that work the best are the ones that disconnect from your rational, left brain way of thinking. And what I mean by that is that we are programmed to be very analytical, especially in this day and age where we live our lives around technology that's based on such precise math. And the great thing about a sigil is that I should be able. An effective sigil is tapped into some kind of a more fundamental, cosmic or spiritual energy, so that if I look at it, even though it's abstract, it should trigger something in me, a feeling, a manifestation of something positive or negative that you could also perceive even if you came from a totally different background. So that is to say, let's say that I go on a trip to Germany and I don't speak German, and if you, I may not know what the badge of a police officer says. But if I see the badge, I know it's a police officer. That's a form of sigil, that's a form of radiotic symbolism, and so it transcends culture. Music, of course, also transcends culture and language, which is why they a lot of people say music is the universal language, and so sigils are symbols of the energy forms you might get from thing like music. Bearing that in mind, it's good to remind yourself of this once in a while. In my free ebook called five Minute Money Miracle Secret, I wrote this, Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime. For this to work, you must read everything carefully and thoughtfully. And by the way, this is also an audiobook, so if you're visually impaired, it still works fine. The audiobook is there on the website. Money is not a physical thing. Money is an energy. The only way to attract more of it is to improve your personal relationship with that energy. Then that energy can bring you things via money. Remember these three truths. Truth number one is money is not a physical thing, It is an energy. Truth number two is to attract more money, you must improve your relationship with money energy. And truth number three is money comes from one place, and one place only other people. I go on to say, before I explain the money Secret, let me explain a bit more about the nature of money. Money is not inherently good or bad like all powerful tools. It can be used for good or bad purposes. Think of a flame. It can provide light, keep you warm, and cook your food, but too much of it, used recklessly, can burn and destroy an entire community. If for some reason you think of money as a bad thing, you must realize you are preventing it from flowing to you. Think about the good things you can do with money. Some believe money is quote the root of all evil, citing a biblical quote, but that is a misquote. The actual quote is that love of money is the root of all evil. In other words, money is not evil, but people who glorify money for greedy purposes often perform evil selfish deeds like robberies and murders. Money itself is neutral. It is people that decide whether or not to form a responsible, positive relationship with money, attracting that to help themselves and others. Author Arnold Patent said, quote, the sole purpose of money is to express appreciation.
Speaker 2: In quote.
Speaker 1: Indeed, that is truly what the purpose of money is meant to be. Remember it. And so, if you want the universe to send more money your way, your way, what are you doing in your life for which the universe should express gratitude towards you. I think about that one more time. If you want the universe to send more money your way, what are you doing in your life for which the universe should express gratitude toward you? How much positivity and value can you bring into the world on a daily basis The answer you might be surprised. I'll give you some ideas later. In order to start quickly attracting money, you must learn to transform your idea of money from being a thing into a flow of energy. And when you think of money, do you see a dollar bill a gold coin? If you were lost in the desert, dying of hunger and thirst, a pile of one hundred dollars bills of gold coins next to you would be worthless. I own an actual, authentic one hundred trillion dollar bill. It was issued by the Government of Zimbabwe in two thousand and nine. A trillion is a million millions. There are twelve zeros in a trillion, and yet the one hundred trillion dollar bill would barely cover the cost of a loaf of bread in Zimbabwe today, the bill is worthless except people like me who purchased them off eBay as a curiosity or maybe it really has even more value than ever. It's a powerful reminder for me about what true value, true money is, instead of the worthless things we use to merely symbolize it. We so easily focus on the wrong thing. You can't attract money until you know how to focus on real money. I'll get to that soon, I promise. You must also be realistic when asking yourself how much money you really need to be happy. It's okay to want money, we all need it to survive, But do you really need a million dollars? And twenty fifteen, I published a book called Use the Force, a Jedi's Guide to the Law of Attraction. You should definitely add it to your book list. You can actually read it for free in multiple languages if you just go to Joshuapwarren dot com and click on the book cover. In the book, I recounted the sad story of an Illinois man who won a twenty million dollar lottery in nineteen ninety six. He was very generous with his money, lavishing gifts on his friends and loved ones. However, his sister in law and her boyfriend wanted more. They kidnapped him. Initially with the ransom plan. However, things went awry and they shot him in the head, killing him. These tragic stories are far too common among those who suddenly receive extraordinary amounts of money. It becomes a curse. All the problems the money was meant to solve can quickly transform into much more serious problems. That is another reason you should think very carefully about how much you really need to attain a reasonable amount of happiness and liberty. And now let's move on to the technique that will allow abundance to start flowing your way quickly. That's all I'm going to read to you from this free ebook, and again you can listen to it as well as as a free audiobook, and then it comes with tones. Go right now. If you've already signed up from a free e newsletter, then you should have received a copy of this. If you go to moneymraclesecret dot com and you sign up, just put your email address in there. You should receive an email to you. Or if you want to email me because you can't find your link or whatever, that's fine. You'll find my email address also at Joshua P. Warren dot com. This is why I think that maybe that infinity symbol is so important because if you really accept that money is the product of an energy of relationships.
Speaker 2: Then you will see.
Speaker 1: Why having something like a symbol for infinity so beautifully matches with that concept of this perpetual abundance flow to you. But it's also a give and take relationship that you are putting out something of value that creates the reaction and sends things of value back to you. It's that symbiotic relationship between you and how the society works, and to some extent, some extent, that's always how it worked, even even among the animals of the forest.
Speaker 2: It's always give and take. And when you think about the.
Speaker 1: Idea that everything exists within some realm of flowing energy, and sometimes it's invisible to us. Our senses just can't grasp it, and sometimes there are tools that allow us to catch glimpses of it. This kind of thinking, opening our minds takes us closer and closer to actually being able to look into and document this so called spirit realm. And I conducted some ghost investigations. I guess the first one was about six years ago, and then I conducted the second one about four years ago here in Las Vegas, at a location that I don't think I've ever really talked about. I did something I had never done before, and that's saying.
Speaker 2: A lot for me.
Speaker 1: And as you know, I am working on an experiment right now to try to open a portal here in Nevada, and so I figure before I move on to telling you how that's going, let me just tell you about this other experiment that I did to try to see if I could actually capture definitive scientific proof of a ghost once and for all. And ask yourself, what would that have to be for you? If you don't believe in ghosts, what would you need to see as evidence to prove to you that ghosts and spirits are real? Think about that. During the break, I'm Joshua Pete Warren. You're listening to Strange Things on the iHeart Radio and Ghoast to Coast am Paranormal podcast Network, and I'll be back after these important messages. Welcome back to Strange Things, Bob, the iHeart Radio and Coast of a Paranormal podcast Network. I'm your host, Joshua P. Warren, and this is the show where.
Speaker 2: The unusual becomes usual. Man.
Speaker 1: Speaking of spring, it's always when my allergies start to bother me. Even out here in the desert. It was pretty bad though, growing up in the mountains of Asheville, North Carolina. Of course, I wrote a book called Haunted Ashville. It was published when I was still a teenager, and a number of other books. But when I was in my early twenties, I investigated a house in Ashville where the young lady who lived there had been seeing some type of apparitional figure moving around. And I've told this story before. It's really started freaking her out when it would start appearing in her bedroom at night. And one day I was in the attic of this house with another researcher named Rob, and Rob said, Josh, look, I'd been getting all kinds of strange electromagnetic and electrostatic fluctuations. But when I turned there was this kind of blue gray, misty form about the size of maybe a softball, sort of hovering right there in the air. And I was just dumbfounded. He was looking at it from one point of view, I was looking at it from another. We even reached out and touched it. It felt cold, and then right as it started to dim, I took a photograph of it and it showed up in the picture, it wasn't in its full ast form because you know, I guess say, I was mesmerized, but I got a picture this thing, and I was so excited. But afterward I was frustrated because I thought, you know, even though I have a picture of this thing, that doesn't really prove that ghosts are real, because I don't have a ghost trap like the Ghostbusters that I can suck the ghost into and then release it later into a jar in the museum. And you know, you take a picture of something and people will say, well, this could be an optical illusion. It could be this or that, And so I really thought a lot about like what is the best we could do to try to capture evidence that this is a real phenomenon. You know, both Rob and I were seeing the same thing from two different points of view. We both touched it, I photographed it. I mean, it's like, what else do you have to do? And then a few years after that, I was at the Haunted Grove Park Inn in Asheville with my team and our visual and photographic specialist Brian Irish was with me. We were in the Palm Core, an area haunted often by the Pink Lady, among other apparitions, And Brian and I were standing side by side, and we each had digital cameras, and I can't remember if we coordinated this or if it just happened accidentally, but I took a picture looking in one direction, and he took a picture looking in the same direction about one second after I did. So we had two pictures of this same area, made with two different cameras from two slightly different points of view. And when we looked at our pictures, we had both captured a big, glowing or block anomaly there. And to me, it seemed like this was kind of almost like a three D picture of a ghost, because reflections and glares and things like that are not usually they don't usually look the same way from different angles. And by looking at something from two different angles, you're able to tell a lot about its physical dimensions, how big it is a relationship to other things, how high it is up in the air. There's just a lot more information there. But what would be fantastic would be to have a ghost photographed from oh about five or six different angles, and that way you could really it seems proved that you had something there. It reminds you of you know, the technology like they use in the matrix movies when the character jumps up to the ear and the character stands still, but the camera sweeps around three hundred and sixty degrees. That's what it would be like. If you could get a ring of cameras and you could have a ghost appear in the middle of that ring, and it got captured on all the cameras, then you could construct something out of that that would basically be almost incontestinble roof that you captured something that was there in that external environment. That may be, you know, the holy grail of ghost hunting other than some form of reliable communication. So for years I've been looking at places where I might have the highest chances of setting up an experiment where I have literally, like I say, six or seven cameras, they're all centered on one controlled space that's supposed to be haunted, and in the middle of that space, I have a variety of scientific tools so that if we do capture something on all the cameras and the tools are triggering at the same time, picking up electro electromagnetic fields, electrostatic fields, vibrations, temperature anomalies, etc. Then you could put all that together and you could basically say, look, this is proof of ghosts, that whatever a ghost is, this is a real manifestation here. I'd been on the search for a long time for a place that I thought would give me high chances of that, and I finally learned about this old, run down motel here in Las Vegas called the Oasis Motel. This motel apparently was built back in the early nineteen fifties, making it a real anomaly around here because they tear stuff down here and rebuild and make new stuff, you know, left and right. It is an old rundown property. I don't even know how much longer it's going to continue being there. I'm surprised it's still there. The address is seventeen thirty one South Las Vegas Boulevard, number one thirty one, the Oasis Motel. And I started hearing after I moved to Las Vegas that there was a very prominent ghost in one of the rooms. An actor had killed himself. The actor's name was David Strickland. He was born in nineteen sixty nine and he died in nineteen ninety nine, and he was best known for playing the role of reporter on the NBC sitcom Suddenly Susan. I'm sure some of you remember that it starred Brooke Shields, and he apparently was doing very well for himself. I mean, he'd been on You, had guest starred on shows like Roseanne, Mad About You. I mean, it seemed like he was doing very well. But they say that he suffered from a bipolar disorder and he had long and troubled history of drug and alcohol abuse. Five months before he died, he was arrested for cocaine possession. That kind of thing was sort of you know, in and out of rehab, and so on March twenty second, nineteen ninety nine, he was found dead, age twenty nine. They say that it all began on March twentieth, David Strickland and the comedian Andy Dick flew from Los Angeles to Las Vegas and spent three nights partying in strip clubs. After checking into a motel, he spent time with well they say, a prostitute consumed six bottles of beer and then hanged himself with a bed sheet over the ceiling beam, so they found him found him there the next morning. His body was discovered by a private investigator hired by Brooks Shields, and so very very tragic. As a matter of fact, a lot of you know, speaking of Andy Dick, I won't get into it, but you know that he's had a lot of bad luck, it seems like in his life as well. So I started looking into it, and I believe I found that even Zach Beagans had once gone there and started researching this room because everybody said he committed suicide and room number twenty, Room number twenty, that's where you'd want to go. That's where his body was found hanging, Room number twenty.
Speaker 2: Well, I went.
Speaker 1: Over there one day, and you never know what kind of a reaction you're going to get from people at the front desk, so I had to be kind of careful about how I approached this. I walked into the office with one of those offices where the employees are behind a bulletproof glass or a crylic and I started inquiring about specifically renting room number twenty. And she looks at me and says, are you a ghost hunter? And I said, oh, well, I would never admit to that, you know, And she goes, that's okay, she said, you know, the the boss doesn't like talking about that sort of thing, but she says, yeah, we have reports all the time from number twenty. And she said, but we probably have even more from room number six. She said, a room number six is so haunted. There's some kind of a ghost of a woman in there, and she throws objects around like a poultry. Guys, it's so haunted.
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 1: They can't even get housekeeping to go in there and clean room number six. They got to pull teeth. They have to pay extra money, They have to convince them to go into rooms room number six. So I was like, well, I was going to come here and set up my rig and room number twenty, but maybe I'll start with room number six. So sure enough, I spent a lot of money and bought a whole brand new rig. I think it was seven cameras. I even refreshed the latest new equipment, and I was able to room number six. Went over there in the afternoon, set up everything in a big ring, focused on the bed in the middle where all the instruments were, and I left everything recording and I came back, oh about twelve hours later, which was as long as I could record at that time. When we return I'll tell you what my results were. And then also I think I have a story to share with you, another ghost story from Ashville about a woman who says, be careful what you wish for. I'm Joshua Pee Warren. You're listening to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: I'll be right back. Welcome back to the final segment.
Speaker 1: Of this edition of Strange Things by iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: I am your host, Joshua P. Warren. So I got room six and I set up every camera you know. I don't even remember how many cameras I put.
Speaker 1: This was twenty nineteen, and I had full spectrum cameras. I had camera shooting into the infrared night vision UV. They were all electronic. I did not have like a film motion picture camera, even though I have used those in the past. I stuffed cameras all over that room from every angle you can possibly conceive of, all focused on the middle of the room. I had a big needle there with a lightweight piece of paper shaped like a pyramid balanced on top of it, so I could see if there were air currents that were flowing. Right in the middle was an instrument pack, a number of instrument packs that could pick up a wide variety of electromagnetic frequencies, electrostatic charges, vibrations, temperature fluctuations. I mean, I had audio recorders. I'm telling you, this was like my ultimate attempt at setting all this stuff up focused on this one area. I thought, if something uppears in the middle of this room and it's documented on all of these cameras and the equipment's responding, like, this is going to make history. So I left it there again probably at least twelve hours, went picked everything.
Speaker 2: Up, so this is going to take a long time to analyze it.
Speaker 1: Brought everything back to my office and I started going through the process of looking at each and every one and I didn't get anything. And you know, there were times when I would see some electromagnetic flux, but that could just be because an airplane flew over or something. Because I was using very sensitive equipment, there are times where I would hear a little noise like a bump or a crack or something, and occasionally it would coincide with the EMF. But still it wasn't like I heard a voice or anything. It was a lot of work. It was very disappointing.
Speaker 2: So I went back.
Speaker 1: Two years later and I had bought even more sophisticated equipment, and this time I said, all right, I'm going to do it in room number twenty where David Strickland committed suicide.
Speaker 2: It was so eerie it was. It was a very it was a cold winter day, very very dry, crairy, you know where you can hear that stack like Christy crackling. Go into this little shabby room and there was the beam where he had, you know, from which he had hanged himself, and it was just it almost made me sick, to be honest with you, being in just the feeling of depression in that room.
Speaker 1: So I set up all of my gear. It did the same thing when picked it up, sat down. Took me a couple of days to analyze it, and again.
Speaker 2: I didn't really get anything.
Speaker 1: Now, Like I say, there were some times, for yes, there was some weird noises, some weird electromagnetic flux, but I'm looking for something very very tangible and very solid at this point and my ghost hunting career and I don't go doing a lot of ghost investigations. But I didn't get anything on those investigations. And I know you're you're sitting there thinking like, well, that's a that's a bummer story, Josh, Why did you tell us that? Well, here is why I believe that it's still possible for one of you out there to use this approach to make history. If you if now that I put this idea in your head, here's how you have to do this. And it's certainly possible that a lot of these ghosts cannot even be photographed with current technology, that we do not have the ability to do that visually. You know Nikola Tesla was he basically invented X rays. He didn't get the credit for it. He but a guy named Rogan, who studied Tesla's work, got the credit for it. But Tesla figured out how to capture images of people's bones inside their body. He called them shadow graphs, and it was like, how did this guy do that? I know that they're there are things that cannot be captured with current technology, but I also know there are things that can be Because I bet you if I'd had that same setup in that attic but that misappeared, that would have done it. That would have been the proof we're looking for, at least for most people, and I would have been able to turn all of it over to analysts and have them examine it skeptically and all that sort of thing. But I am still going to attempt this from time to time. But I was being very secretive about it because I wanted, frankly, to get the credit for being the first person to capture a ghost this way. But at this point, I don't even care about being the first person. I just want I care about the research. I want to know that we can prove that the ghosts are there. Let's get past that blockage so that we can start working more on how these work in society, what these things are. I have a message from a woman in Asheville, Sarah Harrison, telling me about an event that happened to her there in Asheville in two thousand and nine. Of course, one of the most haunted places in Ashville is Helen's Bridge, and the story is whether it's true or not that my woman named Helen hanged herself on that bridge sometime in the late eighteen hundreds or early nineteen hundreds, and that she haunts that area as well. As the nearby castle called Zelandia. They say she did it because she was distraught over the death of her daughter. Whether or not that is true, and I did write about that haunted Ashville. We have discovered that there were a lot of other deaths there associated with the castle, including the death of a man who committed suicide near that bridge.
Speaker 2: He was a workman. But here's what she wrote.
Speaker 1: This tale is one that teaches the lesson be careful what you wish for, especially who you want to visit you from an otherworldly realm. I'm the leader of a paranormal group in Ashville, North Carolina. The members of the Hickory, North Carolina group were visiting and wished to see a local infamous haunt named Helen's Bridge. We drove up Bouquetcher Mountain and two cars my team and one the Hickory group and the other. The leader of the Hickory group had brought along his teenage brother, and as we were exploring Helen's Bridge, the younger brother ran up and down the bridge, yelling Helen come forth, over and over. After a while, we decided to head down the mountain for spirits of another kind. I drove my car down first, with the other car following. The people in my car saw nothing out of the ordinary. As we reached the bottom, the other car pulled over. Everyone in the second car was shaking, and pell the kid brother was wide eyed and speechless for the first time that night. The story they told was chilling. As they were driving down the mountain, a woman came out of the woods. She had on a long dress and had long hair, but the worst part was her face. It was contorted and hideous, like something out of a horror movie. It was too grotesque to be a human being. And they left, swearing never to visit Helen's Bridge again. I've returned to Helen's Bridge many times since that night, and I've wondered if Helen was there, floating just out of reach of my senses. I do know that I will never again say those three words, Helen, come forth. Thank you, Sarah for that story. You know what I So many people have told me over the years about Helen's stories. I could probably do a whole podcast about the Helen's Bridge. I myself had an experience up there one night where I pulled under the bridge and said, Helen come forth, and immediately the alternator died on my car and I was stranded up there about midnight on this foggy October night. This was back before cell phones. I had to walk down that mountain alone. I'm telling you all these stories, they're going to prove to be real someday. We just need the proper approach, the proper technique, proper technology. Just have about a minute left. Here's some mental manna for you, going back to word origins. You know people say, oh, I saw the ghost, and then I made a bee line for the door. Why do people say they make a bee line when they mean they're running in a straight line, Because you think that they would say, well, I am a you know, you think a B line would be in the shape of it be maybe kind of like the figure eight. Turns out, from what I've read, it's called a B line because it's not named after the letter B. It's named after the insect b ee. That apparently, bees are so effective and productive that they always are able to take the most straight and direct path right back to the hive. And that, my friends, is why they say we call that straight dash back to a place a bee line. All right, you know what time it is? If you can close your eyes, take a deep breath, let's all meditate on making next week the best week ever for you and everybody else listening here. It is the one, the only, the original, the world famous good fortune tone. That's it for this edition of the show. Follow me at Joshua P. Warren Plus, visit Joshua Pwarren dot com to sign up for my free e newsletter to receive a free instant gift, and check out the cool stuff in the Curiosity Shop. All at Joshuapwarren dot com. I have a fun one lined up for you next time, I promise. So please tell all your friends to subscribe to this show and to always remember the Golden Rule. Thank you for listening, thank you for your interest and support. Thank you for staying curious, and I will talk to you again soon. You've been listening to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Well, if you like this episode of Strange Things, wait till you hear the next one. Thank you for listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.