Speaker 1: Personally old men.
Speaker 2: My best friends of over a decade are joining me this week. We recorded this episode when they were visiting me in Nashville for our yearly best friend trip, and it was so much fun to do with them. I definitely made him do this, so go easy on them, but I loved getting to highlight our friendships because I have learned so much from them over the years, and we have a funny history of how we became friends. Right, girly pops. I'm really excited for this episode because two of my oldest childhood friends are on the episode with me, and they are freaking out that I am making them do this. Everybody meet Carla and Ali. Hi, guys, Hi you feel that yet? Are we still nervous? We're talking about friendship. I made the girls come on because we have such a special relationship and we are all in very different phases of our lives in multiple different cities. We had another friend that was with us for the weekend, but she had to jump on a flight because we partied a little too hard this weekend and never a little bit quite ready time for the podcast. But all that to say, these girls are some of my greatest friends and we have great stories to share and moments of life that I think will be really fun for people to hear. So Carla, let's talk how you and I first met. That's a story. Yeah, yeah, you want to tell it, share with the people how we first met.
Speaker 3: We were long story short, dating the same guy back in the day. He was a real winner and continued for a little while meeting each other. I guess, and yeah, you were the blessing that came out of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're a dark time. We were both on Facebook and messaging each other when we realized we were both dating the same guy. It was basically, are we dating the same guy? Facebook page? But in real life? Yes, We had it before that ever happened, and Carla reached out to me. I was like, I'm pretty sure we're dating the same guy. And I was like, what is happening? And Carla and I? Which is so ironic because I feel like in most scenarios we would have hated each other for a lot of people, I think that's typically what happens. But Carla and I instead were like, no, we're going to team up and and that's exactly what happened. And we showed up to a party and dumped the news on him and we said Syonara. And then you and I became best friends instantly, Yeah, we did. And then by way of you, I met Ali. Ali. Do you remember when we first met.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it was a house party. I feel like it was definitely a house party, but I also think it was a house party. That was it was with Carla's family. I think we were at Carla's house and we were having a sleepover. I think this is one of the first times Carla and I had a sleepover and you came over and it was us. We're hanging up. Yes, yeah, because you guys were neighbors, because you two grew up together. Yes, and you've known each other. Okay, were you best friends from the start?
Speaker 1: I think so, yeah, for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You guys are both sweet, so I would imagine back then too, you guys were just like, you want to be my friend? Yes?
Speaker 1: What happened with you? Do you want to be our friend? Yes?
Speaker 3: It was great edition.
Speaker 2: And we still have pictures from that night when our first sleepover happened, if you will, And there was cake and we hung out with your brother Carla, and we were just there was cake. I don't know why, but it might have been your brother's birthday maybe something. But I have pictures, like on a Facebook album page of that night and we sat in your basement taking like the stupidest photos for over an hour. It sounds like that was all of our first met I'm pretty sure that was the first time I met you officially, because we did walk this back the other night. We were all sitting at dinner together and you were like, didn't we all meet up at a water park when this first happened to compare stories, Yes, but you guys remember that better than me, so can you share that?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it was like when we were messaging on Facebook, we're like, where should we meet up? We were already going to this water I think we're already going to the water park maybe, And then we invited you.
Speaker 2: And we're like, did it? But I didn't stay and hang out? Did I just come and talk to you guys?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was short and sweet.
Speaker 2: Did we meet in the parking lot or did I come in the water park?
Speaker 3: This all sounds right?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, So from a sketchy meeting on Facebook to a water park meeting and a parking lot, a little sketchy, all sketchy to becoming lifelong friends. We have all been friends. Now, gosh, what was that? What is that? What you're are we on? And what you're you guys on?
Speaker 3: That's going to make it seven years old?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is part of the.
Speaker 3: Twenty six years.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you guys are twenty six years and I believe I met you guys when I was roughly fifteen, yes, which should be like sixteen years now? Is that crazy memory? We put like that on it and you're like, oh, what is happening? So that's our where our friendship stories began. And we've had so many memories along the way, and I'm going to put you guys on the spot. I want to talk about some of our favorite memories. So who wants to go first? Who wants to share, like maybe one of their favorite memories all of us together or one on one whatever it may be. Anybody. They're both looking at me like I'm absolutely crazy right now.
Speaker 3: We have so many I'm trying to like think of the stories.
Speaker 1: In my head right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I think all the trips that we go on together are my favorite. So like I love. Carla and I did Washington and organ together. So yeah, and I'll never forget that trip.
Speaker 3: It was so fun.
Speaker 2: I made Carla trek on so many hikes. She was like, what it was happening?
Speaker 3: Did like over twenty like eight miles or something we did.
Speaker 2: But also something to know about Carla is like she loves to like party and have a good time. So when we booked this trip, she was like, so when are we gonna go out or got some drinks out? As like yeah, And I was like, Carla, I didn't trip. Yeah, I didn't really put that in the schedule this time. I think that was our first trip where we didn't consume a lot of alcohol. We did a lot of sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then Ali, I think it was my birthday trip to Disneyland.
Speaker 1: That was so so fun.
Speaker 2: We had so much fun out there.
Speaker 1: It was such a last minute trip. I wasn't even gonna go because I had just got back from Disney and Florida. Oh that's great, and like literally maybe a week before the trip, I'm like I'm coming. Yeah, you were a birthday trip. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So those are two of my favorites. Anything come to mind for you guys, I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say the Washington organ trip on one, but also when you came to visit me in Colorado, that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah too.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit colder, yeah, and lots.
Speaker 3: Of restaurants and drinking spots, a good spot come snowboard.
Speaker 2: But I know DVD our next trip, Ali.
Speaker 1: So many. We have a lot of funny memories to Country Stampede.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah that actually, you know what, I might take the Disney one back.
Speaker 3: Was I even invited? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you were there, but you were there, you might have not been.
Speaker 3: I think I was dating somebody and I was dating someone in high school, and I think I was on a trip with his family, like a lake trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what it was.
Speaker 1: It was in the summer. Summer.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, it was summer. Yeah, Ali was there. I've told the story on the Bobby Bone Show. Ali was there when I missed Zac Brown Band and I passed out in the r V. It was one of Al's friends and girlfriend. Are you okay? I'm like, I'm not. And at this point we maybe been friends like a year, so we had it even like truly evolved.
Speaker 1: You were more than sixteen at that point.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, maybe you're right, Okay, it might have been closer to when I was in college. Was I in high school? I don't know how old were you trying to think? Yeah, it could have been like still regardless, I was young, and it was still we were still under the five year mark of our friendship, so we're still learning each other, like figuring things out. I'm like, oh my god, I just passed out this random person's RV and I don't know half of these people.
Speaker 1: It was like a little quick naps.
Speaker 2: Your parents were something really good breathing. Yes, that was a good one. Also, there was another one when we went to an antel party and we were hanging out of Ali's house before and we had like our little party pregame. Guys, I don't condone after each should not be underactreet service and now there's not a lot to do in Kansas at the time, okay, And we were in Ali's house and then we were going to like a house party. But I don't know if you guys remember this. I got like a mole concussion because I was on a skateboard. Yes, don't ask me why I was on a skateboard in somebody else's house, but I was and I fell off in him my head on the coffee table. Yes, And you guys proceeded to like sit up next to me the entire evening to make sure I was okay, You're going to make sure. You're going to make it. We're like, do we call our parents?
Speaker 1: What do we do?
Speaker 2: That one was a funny memory too, Okay, So I want to get into the fun sentimental stuff here, Carla. One of your biggest assets we were talking about this at dinner, is that you make such a priority for your friendships. It is the most important thing to you. You make sure everybody is always known, cared for, and know this. Carla lives in Denver, Alli lives in Fort Worth. Our other friend that was here, Jewelie, lives in all of our hometown of Wichita, and we so not only are we four friends of been friends for a long time, but we're four friends who live import different cities, different places in our lives. And Carla, what you are so good about is just always showing up physically and on the phone and everything. It is so important. Why is it so important to you?
Speaker 3: I feel like my friends and family, like everybody close to me, brings me so much joy, So that's very important to me, and all the memories and just almost like soul sisters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like you look at most people in life and it's really hard to make friendships a priority. Fills my cup. Yeah, so how do you make sure you're always making the time? What's going through your thought brous when you're doing things? You're like, I have to be doing this for other people. This is really important to me.
Speaker 3: I feel like just checking in on everybody and making sure they're okay, it's important to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why give me a breakdown of why.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Like my people, the close people are always just so important. Just I don't know, it's like almost like a daily thing I.
Speaker 2: Have to do.
Speaker 1: We're just always in your head.
Speaker 3: Yeah basically really so you're just that you're just amazing, but everyone before me sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which which has.
Speaker 3: Like it just makes me very happy to check on everyone.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you do. You're so good at that, And that's why I wanted to ask you because I don't think I don't think it's easy for most people to do that. But you just always make the time.
Speaker 3: It's always been like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's always been important too, Okay, Ali, Now you ms mama of two and you also always make time. You are a mother of two children and you come and spend time and always check in and your making sure friendships stay important to you. Why is it important to you?
Speaker 1: It definitely fills my cup. I agree with you there. Yeah, And like I was saying, my mom used to say that all of your true friends and you count them on your hand.
Speaker 3: Very true.
Speaker 1: True, and you two are a part of that. So it's important to me to check on you. Makes me happy.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know you guys are good. Yeah, and it is it does?
Speaker 1: It brings us joy.
Speaker 2: How do you feel like you manage with being a mom, a wife and then also managing having friends and keeping your friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think definitely after having kids that was hard because you're always going and it is harder to stay in touch with people when you are married with kids, like and making sure the kids are good. But you guys are my family too, So.
Speaker 2: What benefits you feel like as a mother, Because we were talking about this at dinner the other night. To make sure that you're keeping that community of friendships, what do you feel like that does for you? And if you didn't have that, what do you feel like that would be.
Speaker 1: I think I would be a terrible mom if I didn't have my friendships. Like, I feel like I'm a better person because of you guys, and calmer. I get a weekend away, I can go back, it's.
Speaker 3: Like your med time and then come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel recharged after being with you guys.
Speaker 2: And when you first dated started dating your husband Steven, was that a priority for you, like when you were finding a partner where you were like, you have to be able to manage and be a good partner in all facets, so I can also keep my friendships.
Speaker 1: Yes, friendships are important to him too. He has lifelong friends and so for both of us that's just a priority. That's just part of who we are.
Speaker 2: And it always it's easy. It seems easy for you guys to always be like, hey, you got this weekend, I'm going to go. I don't feel like Stephen has ever been someone who's no, you can't do this, and I got your back. I'm here for you to do this.
Speaker 1: As he was driving me to the airport, he was like, you need to do this more. You need to go have more girl trips.
Speaker 3: Okay, well plan the next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, like once an it's rare, and that is the partner that you're supposed to have. I think that plays such a significant role because one you feel secure and leaving because you know he's a good partner, you know he's a good dad into that he pushes you to be that way. That is such an important part. And we get really caught up when even just getting in relationships or dating and then you get married and friendships really get pushed down when as we were all talking about this, like friendships should be one of the top priorities because you can't exist to your best self much like you were saying without the friendships. There's such a big piece of your story and we were looking at it of I've seen you as a kid, as a girl, as a woman, now a wife and a mother, and I will be there for whatever comes next. And your friends are the only ones that have that ability besides your siblings and your family, but as a human that is not blood related, that will be like potentially the only person who has seen you in all facets of life. And that's crazy to think about. Special Yeah, yeah different now And Carla is my fellow single girl in the group. Ali and Julie really love hearing our crazy dating story.
Speaker 3: They're quite entertaining.
Speaker 1: We could really share some Yeah, we do.
Speaker 2: We can get into that. We can get into that. I want to know when you're dating and stuff, do you make sure you're looking for someone who is seeing the priority for you in friendships? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: What does that look like when you're dating? What are you paying attention to be? Like? How is he going to handle me having all of these friends and these being close in the time?
Speaker 3: What is that like if his close friends are important to him? And like family time? Like who wow? Does he do his meat time? Kind of like that?
Speaker 2: And then evaluate and be like are we on some more pages? Exactly what does this look like?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is crazy and we are like in full transparency, like we had this girl's weekend because it was important and necessary and we always plan a trip. Yes, once a year, that's like a priority. We've all made it very important that we see each other at least once a year, being in different cities, having multiple different styles of life. But more important than that, we were in a time that Carla really needed us. Yes, and that was what this weekend was for Yeah, like we've always shown up. I remember, like when I went through my breakup last year, all three of you girls had sent me like this box of all these goodies. I still have the little pickle, the emotional support pickle. It's my favorite thing. Like everything else in there was amazing, but the emotional support pickle was all that I needed. You did, You did, like you guys always find ways to show up. I'm trying to get into your guys' brains a little bit because being a empathetic and compassionate friend isn't easy for everybody, but you guys always do it. Yeah, you guys always show up in that way, especially like when we are all struggling and going through really hard things, Like when I went through my breakup. What was that process like for you guys, where you're like, okay, Morgan needs us.
Speaker 3: Just trying to be there the best we could for you, even though we were afar, whether checking in on you, sending you goodies to bring you smile to your face, face time calls.
Speaker 1: Knock on the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah too, surprised you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you ended up doing and you weren't far behind that you ended up coming in October you for sure, that is your one of your strongest quality traits. And you're like, I'm just gonna make the time. I don't care what is going on, I'll be there, And that's it's such a huge trait and it's also a testament. Like Ali talked to how Carla is and a really good aunt to your kiddo's. I'm also an aunt, but like Carla, Carla is above and beyond.
Speaker 1: Always sending the packages, calling, facetiming them like she is truly like an aunt to them. Yeah, people know growing up forever.
Speaker 2: That Carl I know. And it's so fun to watch, right, Like I think it's so cool to watch you have become a mom, Julie become a mom, and watch that process and then also get to be a part of like your little one's life that's half you know, and see that transition. Yeah, but also just in this situation itself, like Carla could have easily been like you had kids. This is a different time of our lives. And I love you, I support you, but we're distancing ourselves. But you chose not to. Why did you choose not to?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Why was that important for you? Even though she was transitioning to a new part of her life.
Speaker 3: I feel like I already love kiddos in general, So I feel like when your best friend has kids, it's like their little best you but also the best friends it is, and seeing them like as a mom, like all my friends are such wonderful moms. It's just like a different version of them you're seeing.
Speaker 2: And you can't what an Ali for you? Were you like when you started having kids? Were you worried? And I'm going to lose all my friends? This is about to.
Speaker 1: Change, yeah for sure, because I'm like, you know what it is busy, Yeah, we're going to have We're going to be at a different in our life. What does that look like? But really it didn't change at all. Our friend should be a lot better after kids.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, I feel like I agree. And I have so much to do with priority, like making the time and always it doesn't have to be anything big, Like Carl and I will randomly be like, we should say a FaceTime, it's been a few weeks. We should find days go by? Yeah yeah, We're like, okay, we need about that on the calendar, or Ali and I will randomly message each other on Instagram about everything. That's how we stay up to day all the time. We're like, this is what's happening in our lives. Yes, Like I'm like, Okay, the kids happened today because Ali posts just about as much as I do love her kiddos, and it's so much fun for me to watch life through that way for you. So it's just fun. And I love our friendship so much on so many different levels. And it's impressive. Guys, we've been friends for over a decade. We're gonna be going on to you guys are past two days. You guys are going on your third decade, Like, don't remind you.
Speaker 3: It's pretty crazy to think about it.
Speaker 1: It's crazy to think about it's so special. I don't feel like a lot of people can say they've had a friend.
Speaker 3: How long you make time, things you want to do, and the people you want to be with or around.
Speaker 2: And we have all tried to get Karlat to move to our respective cities. All of us are trying one day.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: But you know what I do like about us all living in different cities is we always have fun places to go visit. Like you guys came here this weekend we've gone to Denver, like I've been to Fort Worth with you in Wichita is home, so we always have a reason to go home. There's just so much a part of the traveling experience. Dukes. We all are little travelers too. What's there like similarities? Look at our friendships. What do you think draw us to each other despite the start of what happened with ours? Why do we feel like we all gravitated toward each other and it worked.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think we're all so similar, like we enjoy doing the same thing. Yes, we're kind people.
Speaker 2: I think the kindness is a huge, yeah, huge factor, all super kind. I think we also one of the biggest things I noticed about all of us is we have similar personalities and that we're always up for anything and we were willing to go and try everything once. Yes, all of us have that on different levels in different ways, but that's the base is we all just have this very easy going life, will work itself out kind of nature on top of also being kind, and we were always super friendly and just heartfelt.
Speaker 1: With each other.
Speaker 3: It's a good way to put it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like those were important. I'm looking at Carl's.
Speaker 1: Like at me.
Speaker 2: She's like, or what have you done?
Speaker 3: Nor happening?
Speaker 2: We do have to a funny story. Okay, gosh, like I'm telling you guys when I love at Facebook, I have the silliest Facebook albums.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to delete.
Speaker 2: I don't want to delete. Those are great memory, great memories.
Speaker 3: You can put them in a photo album.
Speaker 2: They're private, nobody else can see them.
Speaker 3: But that's true.
Speaker 2: But guys are so funny. There was times where we took pictures on back roads with random and that I could not tell you their names today. Yeah, I know we knew them. They were our friends at one point, but like beyond that moment in time.
Speaker 3: No idea makes for a good memory now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, we were jumping in fields. I have jumping pictures of us in fields.
Speaker 3: At the time I thought it was cool. Now maybe not not so much.
Speaker 2: Or the Walmart photo shoots, Yes, there's.
Speaker 3: A lot of those, Like I feel like that was like the fun thing to do, or the sonic meet your friends, get a slushy tree line made.
Speaker 2: That was another one. We did. Also all attend prom together. I came to your guys as prom so we got a those pictures. I know, I started dating a guy by way of you guys. You guys have been in a lot of weird circumstances, and then that I date. Also we have to talk about the curse here in a second, but that's an important detail. But I had started dating a guy that went to you guys as high school, and I think that was such a formative time in my life. And I spent so much of it out there with you guys, because you guys know, I had gone through that really horrible stuff that was happening in high school, and I spent most of my time out there with you guys. Like I really wasn't around my high school. I was with you in hand, yeah, in a way, And my first really like official boyfriend was out there, and so we got to go to proms and stuff together. He's not in the picture at all anymore, but that was a fun part of it. Yeah. It allowed me to go to prom and do things with you guys. So if that was all he was supposed to serve as a purpose for was for me to be able to go to all of your guys events. Like I was an andel student.
Speaker 1: That was good friends, friendship.
Speaker 2: It was okay. The curse Carla, that's the curse. Remember we were talking about the curse the other night. Yeah, our ex that we mutually date that started our friendship. Guys, this man was it's the work.
Speaker 1: He was not good a toothpick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh huh. If the ick was a thing, him chewing on the toothpick would have been the I don't I still I don't think he ever actually used it to use on his teeth. He simply chewed on it like it was bubblegum.
Speaker 3: It was the look.
Speaker 2: It was sick if it was a thing back then. He was just not great partner. Who knows where how what he is in his life now, but at the time, not a great partner. And you're not a great person. But Carla and I have had a series of unfortunate relationships, this man events literally both of us. Have you also been cheated on in all of yours? Yeah, for the most part. Yeah, both of us have been cheated on in every relationship since besides my last current one. And I think we decided as we were sitting over a couple of glasses deep of alcohol that we he cursed us. How do you feel about our curse?
Speaker 3: Not well, but it can only go up, you break it and change it. Yes, maybe try to see the positives over.
Speaker 2: Alie seems to think that the curse is broken because we finally recognized it. But I don't think that's how curses work.
Speaker 3: I don't know curse are the right person.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in life's timing, whatever that looks like.
Speaker 2: But just to say, if you've ever known us or heard either of our dating stories, just know that we have found the source. And the source was absolutely a curse. Unfortunately, have a man named Baltimore who should never be named. And here's the reason for our bad luck. We are the reverse of good luck. Chuck. We got bad luck chucked, and that's a bit we can change you, right. I haven't had good luck so far, but is definitely coming. It is coming. We were out the other night, and first of all, I would like you guys to share your Thursday night outing. So here's the deal. These girls came up to Nashville. I was exhausted that at a long day of work. We went and had some dinner. It was great. They're like, no, we're going to continue on the evening. I said, that's amazing. You guys, go have fun y Yeah, talk to me about.
Speaker 3: Why are we going to bed now?
Speaker 2: Honestly, it happens every It was the first on the vacation.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited to be together.
Speaker 3: So we're like, let's continuing for almost twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: We only let you leave because you had to work the next morning.
Speaker 2: That's true. I don't think I would have been able to. Yeah, so you guys bopped around in all of Nashville. Where did where'd you guys go? Started it?
Speaker 3: Jason Aldan's. Yep, it's been good dancing, great music, yes, great drinks.
Speaker 2: Okay, dance on the bar. You dance on the bar at All Dunes, Yeah, just for a little bit. Was it the bar or was it the stage little thing?
Speaker 3: Stage?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Dang. If you guys got on the bar, I would have been impressed, because you get kicked out if you dance on the bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: True, but you're on the stage. Do you guys meet any men at Jasonlethan's. Did you get hit on at us?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Definitely got hit on tis Yeah, no one worthy of chatting any younger.
Speaker 2: But it was fun, just fun, little confidence boost exactly. Nice.
Speaker 3: They were nice.
Speaker 1: And then we went to Chief yep.
Speaker 3: That was fun.
Speaker 1: We wanted to go get the little chair drink for the members. I'm going to give my daughter in the chair so she can play with it with her barbie.
Speaker 2: It came with a little chair and it's called the chair. I had seen them post about the chair. But was it a good drink?
Speaker 1: Oh? We didn't get the drink we got. We ordered our own drink and I said, I want to pay extra for the chair, please, I just want the chair.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 3: So we got the cup in the chair in a different drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only you. Ali is a massive country music fan. Carlos too, but Ali is like probably the most fan of all of us. I would say all of us. Maybe a tie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you love you?
Speaker 2: Do her? I think hers is more specific? Maybe that's more what it is.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: She had the request of us going to morganwall In's bar. That was like her only request for the weekend. And she's wearing her Morgan wall and hat right now? Yes, where do we go after that?
Speaker 1: Then we went to Losers Oh, yes, we tried to go to Riley Greens Bar. It was close. We were just walking up the rampo a little.
Speaker 3: Dark, so that our first clue and then.
Speaker 2: You both rolled into the house clad again, and hilariously, these two walk in. It's three o'clock in the morning. The dogs are barking. Both Julie and I, who stayed behind, were awake because the dogs were obviously barking, they knew somebody was home. These two little yahoos. I would go downstairs the next line and they are asleep in their full outfits and decided to sleep on the couch even though there were perfectly available beds upstairs.
Speaker 1: Pick you guys up even though you are.
Speaker 3: Awake, but ind you were really like playing the.
Speaker 2: And at the same time, they also left out chips and cazo to which my cat ate, Yeah, she didn't, but she definitely had herself a time. She had her time as much as you probably guys did Thursday night, and then we had two really fun nights at Skinny Dinners, which is like a new bar in Nashville, and you guys promptly embarrassed me all the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, we do, gladly. That's what friends are for.
Speaker 2: It makes for a great story, right, yeah, oh yeah, I have lots of stories after this weekend. But you guys, I think it is part of your especially Carla and I still get embarrassed from things, yeah, because of certain things, not being married, and there's still a lot of shame associated with us. I feel like when you get married and you start to have kids, there's nothing that faces you anymore.
Speaker 1: Not as much some stuff does some stuff.
Speaker 2: Because you guys had no shame. You and Julie were like, no, it's fine, we'll go talk to him, and they kept making me talk to man and Carlot talk to men.
Speaker 1: I find you, guys a man, okay, real man, a real man, good quality man.
Speaker 3: See the diamond in the rough I think these days?
Speaker 2: Right, it is, and this is the married women help us be the wingwoman or the best they are. There's no because they can just be like, yeah, no, I don't like a mean, they know what you like. They do too, they see a different side spot on you guys. I had the best we can have ever had because of you guys. You guys like pushed them some things to happen in due time. If anything ever transpires, then that'll be talked about.
Speaker 3: For the matchmakers.
Speaker 2: But for this, yeah, you guys really were. Isn't it crazy how much your friends played that role for you. It's so much more fun than me being on hinge and having to date people that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and meeting them out naturally, yes, and whatever you're doing because they like doing that as well.
Speaker 2: And you guys, just being in town brings out a different side of me. I just am on a different vibe, confidence level, high energy levels, typically high becaudes last night when I fell asleep in the bar because I was so tired. But you guys make me feel this is what's so crazy about such great friendships. You guys make me feel like the best version of myself. So when I'm out, I do feel like I meet more people with you guys, because I am just in such a different state of mind than when I'm just like by myself or with friends that we go out all the time, where you're at dinner, Like when I'm with you guys, it is a I truly experience a different level of consciousness. I think because of how close a friends we are.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's just different, Yeah, different.
Speaker 2: Vibe it is. There's something that's happening and I just like, I don't care. I'm like two sheets still win and I'm like whatever, life's good, We'll get home safe.
Speaker 3: And it's like when we're together, we're all like the same vibe we are. We're wanting to have a good time, just be together, make memories.
Speaker 2: It is so you feel it too, Oh yeah that one, Ali, Do you feel it?
Speaker 1: I feel it too.
Speaker 2: It's a vibe. There's a certain level of that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: As we wrap up our episode, I would like to know from you girlies advice for other women out there in making friendships and sustaining friendships. What are your thoughts on that. I feel like it's.
Speaker 1: Hard as you get older, Toris.
Speaker 3: We didn't go to school together or grew up together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you just have to be yourself. So you just have to find people that like completely, like they.
Speaker 3: Bring you up or do an activity that you like to do, and usually you'll meet other people in that way, whether it be friends or a guy or yeah, either way.
Speaker 2: And you are really good at that. Girl, you go out and you make new friends anywhere you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you definitely make friends anywhere.
Speaker 3: Even if you're like shy or nervous. I feel like just being yourself and doing your activities.
Speaker 4: Usually you'll tract someone that likes to do so, see, you're really take a friend that way or Finally, for the fellow mamas out there who are trying to keep and sustaining their friendships, any thoughts, advice.
Speaker 1: You just gotta check in. And I don't know you, that's very true.
Speaker 2: You guys are so sweet, innocent, and you really both. I can see it in your eyes. But if you're just looking at me like what has she gotten us into for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I says, we love you.
Speaker 2: You guys did great and it was good talking to you. Guys. Thanks for coming to visit me, of course, thanks for having soon always we'll be We're already on our plan to plan our next trip, our yearly trip together. Yes, and also if anybody out there has a good idea. We're trying to figure out our sisterhood of the traveling pants thing. We decided that we need to have something that we can send to each other. Not jeans, because I don't think that actually exists. Something different, Yeah, something that we can send to each other and pass around because we all are in different cities as a little snail mail. I feel like people have to be doing something out there that we could by steal their idea and continue or I don't know, Yeah, some cute memory there's something. So if you're out there and you have one, cheated our way, because we need one. We're trying to come up with one, the way, the one. All right, friends, thanks for being here, Thanks for visiting. I love you both so much. You guys are incredible friends, incredible humans, and you are both of you guys deserve the world and all the happiness too. No, I love you, I love you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having us.
Speaker 2: Maybe this episode reminded you of your friends or pushed you to show up for your friends in a new way. To me, friendships don't get enough credit for how much they impact and play a role in our lives. That's why I will continue to highlight friendships and just how special they are. I have so many new episodes ready and waiting for you, guys, and I really can't wait for you to hear. We're going to talk to some change makers the next few weeks. And one of them is one of my favorite follows on Instagram. His name's Nile and he saves street dogs in Thailand and he has a new book out and I just think you guys are going to love him and so many of the other ones coming up, So get subscribed. Follow on Instagram at take this personally so you don't miss a single thing. Thanks for being here as always. I love you. Bye.