Speaker 1: What is up everybody? Welcome back to foul Territory.
Speaker 2: I'm your guest to host Katie wou here with Eric Kratt.
Speaker 1: Josh Reddick, I believe making his hosting debut on the show as well. Please subscribe for us whatever platform you're on. Check out all our new fresh merch designs, including some player license gear. Krats has gotcha at foul Territory shop dot com, model it shore bombs, Love it guys. Before we dive into the top story, we got to give some love to a mister Jacob de Grom, who picked up his two thousandth career strikeout last night big win Rangers over the Nationals Titus season high with ten punchies. He also became the second fastest pitcher in MLB history to get to that two thousand career strikeout mark, behind just one Randy Johnson. He did it in two hundred and sixty two games, de Grom in two seventy two. Kratsy your thoughts on de Gram's performance.
Speaker 3: Last night, I mean career high ten punches, like, I feel like he's taking advantage of a NAT's team that can't really hit, and he shut him down, so he still got it. At a one hundred and three years old at thirty eight years old to groam doing it.
Speaker 2: Congrats Josh, what you got any thoughts on mister de Grom?
Speaker 4: Yeah, huge congrats. It's a milestone that not a lot of people will get to even think about. And this guy, you know, probably could have done in about six years prior minus injuries. But you're still a great accomplishment. Keep your cat. I am proud to say I am not one of the two thousand, so huge congrats to Jacob.
Speaker 1: It's like you knew what I was going to ask you. I think it's worth noting guys. Jacob de Grom decided to he didn't want to wave his no trade cause wanted to stay in Arlington try to win with the Rangers. So we love to see that once again at big congratulations for one of the games, the greatest.
Speaker 2: On the mound. Speaking of the mound, let's charge a mound.
Speaker 4: Let's charge them about.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: We have yet another update in the Katel Marte saga. It's pretty much been the main storyline all week. D Backs GM, Mike Hasen, manager Tory Leavello, Katel Marte and his agent had a productive conversation yesterday, as described by Mike Hasen, Martes will be shifted to the ten day il Guys. He is expected to rejoin the Diamondbacks and once healthy. This is per uh diamondbackspeet reporter Nick Pikoro does a great job covering that team. The MRI showed some inflammation of the upper hamstring and the knee. However, the d Backs president and CEO Derek Hall expects explanations and apologies from Katel Marte. Josh Reddick, I believe you have some thoughts about this cool Kotel Marte situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, where do we even start with this? This is this is just bad look, just a bad look over all. I mean, you ghost your team, you don't show up and then you don't talk to anybody for what a couple of days. It just makes you look bad and it makes your teammates, you know, kind of rethink the process of how we can view things and and view you. You know, like you said, it shows you don't carry about your team, You don't cary about your teammates. We read all the time how he and Tory Levello had this great relationship and then you go to your your manager. So I'm not buying into that either. So it's just all oro ount bad look for me. And you talk about distractions in baseball, this is a huge distraction for everybody, for your teammates, for your managers, and for your coaching staff, and even running all the way up to your ownership in front office.
Speaker 3: Josh, how about the fact that he he Tory Leavello came out and was like, there's nothing wrong with this guy. This guy is a great teammate earlier this year, after the stuff had happened, after all this stuff, So not only did they put on the front that I have a great relationship all that stuff, and they may have a relationship, a great relationship, I don't know. It feels like a one way street, which sometimes is a manager with superstars, it is a one way street. But Josh, I have to ask you, because you were a gold Glover, you won a World Series, all this stuff, you were an upper achalon player, was there ever a time where you were like.
Speaker 5: Just not just not coming to the park today?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I mean this is what I dreamed of doing every day in my life. I look forward to going to the ballpark every day, whether it was you know, coming up with Boston, going to Oakland, going to you know, even the Dodgers and everywhere. You're in a big league stadium, getting to play a big league baseball game every day of your life for your job. I looked forward to getting up to go to the ballpark. Whether we had a good chance of winning or losing, it didn't matter. Man, put me in the lineup. I get to do this because as we learn, this happens quick, you're going to turn around in five years and look back and go, Man, that career happened fast, and I could wish I could have done so many things differently.
Speaker 1: You know, guys, it's one thing if this happened once, which is bad enough, but this has now become a pattern. Tell Marty and you're looking I'll start with you, Kratzy. You're looking at this Dbacks team that's right in the thick of it. Come September, they're going to be in the mix for that NL wild card. And you have to wonder, how is this impacting the clubhouse because we don't know when Marte is coming back, and this is a team that needs him. He's one of their best players in the stretch. Run Krats, what do you think about the inner workings of this.
Speaker 3: Dynamic, there's I feel like I need to like really concisely make my points. There is no better second baseman in the game, let alone on the Diamondbacks. I get it, he's not having a great year, but he can catch when he is hot. He can carry a team for a two week stretch that maybe nobody in the league can carry because he bats from the right side with power and he bats from the left side with power. He has speed, so you're not going to replace the possibility of production. But also all this distraction when he comes back from this just horrific knee inflammation that he's dealing with. When he comes back from this, they're going to look at him and go, we got can tell Marte back in the lineup whether or they're you're not gonna sit there in the seventh inning with him up at the plate and go, man, I can't believe he didn't show up to the park. You know, there'd be times when he you know, he makes it out and you're like, oh right, this guy again. But in the moment, you're like, we have the one of the best options year in and year out. This guy is a top three top five MVP finisher, not candidate finisher in the voting. So yes, I know he's having a down year, but better with him in the lineup.
Speaker 6: That's right, Josh, there one game back on the wild card. Like you know I just mentioned, there's how distracting this is. Like you guys are in a playoff race right now, and then you throw this on you. We're about to start September baseball when baseball gets really put under the magnifying glass, and this is the last thing any of your teammates, why it should be the last thing that you want to bring upon your team. And you know, if you don't care, then then come out and say that and don't play. Don't just try to hide behind excuses if that is your case.
Speaker 7: Hey, for those of you that are on your phone, it's very often, or even if you don't use it much, you should check out your wireless bill and make sure that it is treating you well. It's summertime. You're feeling good, right, aj But are you spending too much on your wireless bill? And should Mintmobile get involved?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 9: Some of them has two college aged kids got They're always on their phone, whether it's they're checking their snap, they're checking their DMS, they're checking their Twitter. I need fifteen dollars a month because I need unlimited quality coverage that mintmobile provides.
Speaker 7: They get that new wireless plan for just fifteen bucks a month. Go to mintmobile dot com slash territory. That's mintmobile dot com slash territory. Cut your wireless bill to fifteen dollars a month at mintmobile dot com slash territory.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 7: No catch up front payment of forty five dollars for three months, ninety dollars for six months, or one hundred and eighty dollars for twelve month. Plan required fifteen dollars per month, equivalent taxes and fees extra initial plan term only greater than fifty gigabytes, may slow when network is busy. Includes up to twenty gigabyte hotspot capable device required availability, speed and coverage varies sement mobile dot com.
Speaker 3: Josh, you said distraction, and I think that's the beauty of why people listen to our show distraction. We've always had distractions. I feel like the distraction is pregame in the game.
Speaker 5: I don't care if somebody's growing a third arm on your team.
Speaker 3: During the game, I don't feel like it's as much of a distraction, but pregame, no, how much do you think it is a distraction because now as teammates have to answer questions for a guy that they're like, I don't know, like I'm trying to get ready for the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, we know how much the media world loves getting in those questions. So I mean you bring on on one of you know, media attention for other guys, you know, for me, if I'm looking at it from my perspective, like I'm not trying to even hang around this guy. If that was the case, Like, I don't want to be around you. You're bringing negative vibes to everything. I'm not gonna go to the cage at the same time as you. If you're in the food room, I'll grab my food and go somewhere else because it just it creates bad chemistry. And we know what it takes to win baseball games and win a World Series. It's not just talent skill. It has to be a good clubhouse vibe, and I highly doubt that's the case right now with all this stuff floating around. What it was like beforehand, I'll have no clue, But just think about that bad chemistry. It brings from the locker room to the you know, the batting cages, to the training room to everywhere. You're looking at this guy and you're going, man, I can't look at this guy in any way I used to anymore. So it brings that distracted But you're right, I think once you get into that baseball game, I think everything goes out the window.
Speaker 3: You played with him for a quick second and twenty one right at the end of your career, kind of at the beginning, yep, what was your interaction? How long did you play with them? Even because I saw you only had a few at bats.
Speaker 4: I think I was probably I think I was around maybe cl to two months, give or take. Didn't you really get to know a lot of guys that will But I mean, you talk about a great player, fantastic player when he was healthy. Back then, I know he was having some hamstring issues, so he had a lot of times where he get those starts and they have to come out, and you felt bad for the guy. But I didn't get any really bad vibe swimming back then. But then again, like I said, I wasn't that close to him, So I didn't. I definitely didn't see any of this kind of stuff coming out of a player like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, you just have to wonder is this something that the d Backs clubhouse, when Slash if Marte comes back, can overcome And you know, in the middle of September when they expect to be right in it with the Padres, the Phillies, you know, not even the Cardinals still kind of hanging around. Can they overcome what has just become really taken away from the good baseball they've been playing and what should have been like a very fun September uh September run for these guys. Again, just one game out of that wild card picture for more das content.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right again it's the d Back content.
Speaker 3: One thing I was thinking about the day he goes to the team, the day he was just like, I'm not gonna show up. I don't know if you guys heard, but Nolan Ernado, I think he was supposed to DH.
Speaker 5: Here's where the team aspect comes in.
Speaker 3: I think Nolan was dealing with something and they weren't sure where he was gonna be with it. When guys, when every day guys check out of the lineup, or you know, don't want to play, or don't show up or ghost you you know, in Kutel's case, other guys like it changes other guys' rhythms and timing and everything. Nolan Ernado's playing through something, as most players are in August, playing through something. If he has to play a few extra games at third base when he was gonna get a break, get off his feet and dh you know, if somebody else gets hurt during this time, I'm not saying you can blame one hundred percent on could tell, but this is a team sport played by a team, played by individuals who need to figure out how to stay healthy all collectively. And when this happens, it's not just a singular well you know, he's out of the lineup. It affects other guys. Aeronauto's up there in age, he's probably one of the.
Speaker 5: Leaders on the team.
Speaker 3: Is his inability to step into another spot because Catel's gone and get some breaks. Does that injure him more for the season.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's all it's all just possibilities and hypotheticals, but it's the reality of where you're at in a one hundred and sixty two game season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, CRATSI I think you're spot on there. Go ahead, Josh, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I totally get that. I mean you didn't we didn't even think about that talking about aeronauto in his his day because he probably went to bed the night before knowing he had a DHD. And as we know as former players, that's a completely different mindset from playing every day on the in the field to DH or even hid in that day off. You just if you're half shut down from a d eighth. If you're off, you mentally and you physically try to shut down the night before to prepare for that next day. So you gotta imagine coming to the ballpark and then not even just knowing hours before the game. He went pretty much up until game time not knowing whether he would play or DH or not. So yeah, it changes Aeronaudu's perspective, and I guarantee it he doesn't appreciate that. He wasn't very happy. And then it affects somebody else who maybe had a schedule off there was supposed to play and now they got a bum rush and get their day ready and throw things in line for them hopefully to be ready to play a Major League Baseball game, because, as we know, routines are a big thing a part of this game, and if you can't do your full routine and feel comfortable, you go into that game that night being absolutely out of whack, so to speak. So yeah, I'm glad you brought that up, Cratcy, because it changes not only your whole team, but it changes those individuals who have to change their whole game day plan.
Speaker 1: Guys, I think it's even worse if I remember correctly that Sunday, the day before this all went down, Arnatto actually left that game with an intercostal stream and I covered Nado for a long time out in Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: For him to leave a game is a big deal.
Speaker 1: But then he gets to Boston with everybody else except one key player and is back in the lineup there playing through something you know are not as a gamer.
Speaker 2: That's how you stay in the league for as long as he has.
Speaker 1: But all great points as to the ripple effect of what this does for your team, not just externally with all the outside noise, but internally as well. All right, guys, some weirdness. One of the weirder ninth innings we've seen as of late. Dane Myers thinks the Reds have the game in the bag. Their Cardinals are down to their final strike, and Dan Myers drops the ball and Tommy Fam, the always insightful Tommy Fam chimed in This Twitter user said, this ball is in left field, not even left center. What is going on Dane Myers? Tommy Fam said, what we have going on is centerfielders today who know the value of stealing catches to help their outs. Above average numbers go up because it improves your war. So you have this a game that is lost. Yes, the Reds did lose ten to nine because the center fielder didn't want the leftfielder to catch the ball because he wanted the points.
Speaker 2: Josh, your thoughts here are fair or not?
Speaker 5: It's Tommy Fam.
Speaker 4: I love how outspoken Tommy Fam has always been. Is that the case here?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Who knows, as an outfielder, you've called off guys probably a little too soon that the ball gets to drift away, so it does look bad at times, So maybe that's what happens here. But I don't know if I can take Tommy's comments that seriously. If that is the case, I mean the game on the line. Maybe it's just a mistake that you make as a baseball player. But I'm sure that does happen two boost guys, war I mean, I'm not totally against what he said. Is that what happened here probably not. Probably just a little bit of drifting Cincinnati. The ball flies very well, does some unpredictable things. So just a baseball mistake that somebody made and you move on from it. Hopefully.
Speaker 7: For the families out there looking for a new path to help your child succeed, take a look at Kate twelve Powered Schools. K twelve offers tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. It's all in a setting that works for your family, and K twelve has been around. They've been a leader in online education for over twenty five years, serving over three million families with flexible education options tailored to each child's needs, interests, and goals for the future. K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction and they provide real time support. Hey, we've heard Todd father on here talk about how his kids have gone through homeschooling and it's really helped them for a family that is very much on the move during his playing career. So you can see how K twelve powered schools can help unlock your child's full potential. En Roll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K the number twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve dot com slash foul.
Speaker 1: All right, Krassy, we just talked about them on the last segment. But the Astros down but never out. They're four and six in their last ten sit at five hundred sixty four sixty four. Do they have enough to make a push in this sad, sad American league?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 3: I think I think their bullpen's obviously gotten healthy with haters lights out Bryana Bray, who doesn't have to carry the huge load. Okre down there, King, I know he gave up a few, but they have that bullpen core that hopefully is not too tired from carrying a lot of the load this year from a starting rotation that to me without without Hunter Brown saying, guys, get on my back, I'm taking this. I don't know how they fend off the Mariners, the Rangers, you know, I don't know how they do it. Except for the fact that maybe you're done. Between the three intentional walks. He gets a game, Ken hit a dinger that'll win him these games, like, this team can hit, So are they going to hit enough to be able to fend those teams off? I would say no, So then I'm gonna take the opposite and say yes, the Ashers are going to win the division.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what he said.
Speaker 2: That's what he said.
Speaker 5: That's what he said.
Speaker 8: That's what he said.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for That's what he said.
Speaker 1: Top pitching prospect Kate Anderson is getting called up by the Mariners.
Speaker 2: He will debut on Saturday against the Cubs.
Speaker 1: Jeff Passen reports top pitching prospect in baseball, third pick in the twenty twenty five draft.
Speaker 2: Look at the numbers there.
Speaker 1: What strikes me is the one hundred and thirty five punchies and just the thirteen walks. Aaron Jude of the Seattle Times wrote that Anderson is one of the most hype prospects in Mariner's history. Again, major league debut on Saturday. Guys says it right there, he's hearing, he's perfect. Maritors fans getting excited after a pretty tough week Cratsy, your thoughts on this big debut coming up?
Speaker 3: I mean I joked about it was I mean it was one of those things like how does he hit? Like he doesn't hit? You know, so is this gonna be six inning shut out?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I would hope.
Speaker 3: You know, this guy comes up to the big leagues and is everything that he's done in the minor leagues.
Speaker 5: He doesn't need to be in the minor leagues. I know that.
Speaker 3: I see that in the numbers. He is supremely dominating. I think his whip is like a point yeah point six' four. Whip and some people will, say well it's An arkansas blah blah. Blah, okay like it's time for him to come, up and the rotation has stayed healthy so they haven't needed to rush. This but he's gonna come up and he's gonna. Help he's gonna help this. Rotation you, know maybe some guys get pushed, back get a little rest because they've all made their. Starts but, again The mariners need to. Hit BUT i will be glued to THE tv On.
Speaker 2: SATURDAY i think that's just what The mariners do.
Speaker 1: Right for all of their, problems they know how to develop, pitching and this is. EXCITING i think we've yet to really figure out what The mariners are gonna. Do what this means that they're going to try that six man rotation hybrid thing. Again, uh there's, well we'll see on On. Saturday but for, me the thing is is can this be a jolt for a team, that as we just talked, about is still somehow in this playoff? Picture, josh what do you think can can this kind of jolt The mariners back to being in?
Speaker 4: Contention it definitely cannot. HURT i think you're you're providing an elite pitcher to an already pretty elite pitching staff with some starts here and there Going Little, haywire but it all comes back to, Hitting like he can't help boost the lineup's numbers if if he's only. Pitching so, yeah he's still gonna he's gonna strike out, Guys he maybe give up one or no, runs and he's gonna get a no decision after going six or seven innings and hopefully in praying that they can win the ball. Game, obviously you're very happy for the, kid and he's deserving of every call up that he's, getting so very, deserving but you got to hit and, hopefully you, know for. Them but this is hopefully a. Boost it can kind of boost the whole clubhouse and not Just, ane just a pitching. Staff but if this lineup's not facing A Houston astros, team they usually are not hitting very.
Speaker 3: Well you've seen them, Play you've seen him face The astros for. Sure but guess who he's gonna. Face Kate anderson is gonna come to the big Leagues, saturday and he's gonna face the leadoff hitter for The Chicago.
Speaker 5: CUBS pa the first BATTY.
Speaker 3: Vp, yeah the first batter you faces is one of TWO mvp candidates right, now the, ONE i, mean it's a it's a two horse. Race nothing else going on in The National league. There then those two, GUYS i, mean welcome to the big league's. Moment and you THINK pca is gonna be like.
Speaker 5: Whatever we'll see what we.
Speaker 3: Do he's gonna be like, this this guy's walk thirteen, Guys i'm coming out. Swinging So i'm getting to THE tv early to watch this. Game let's put it that, way BECAUSE i do not want to miss the first pitch of the. Game because if you don't see the first. Pitch you can't watch the whole, game.
Speaker 4: Can't hit the first one if he don't swing it the first.
Speaker 5: One, factual.
Speaker 1: Factual it's a good Point cratzy about A pca just an electric. Season just saw him play In chicago and as good as advertised per. Usual now on the flip, SIDE ms, fans we're gonna do you a. Solid we're just not going to talk about the twenty two to nothing ball, game but we are going to talk about something that happened a few days. Ago Cole emerson on the, il on the injured list with some wrist, soreness And mariner say he didn't really disclose that in. Depth would have liked a little bit more information on. That you, know it's a learning. Curve he's a rookie coming, up a lot of a lot of looks and eyes on him coming up as one of the best prospects in the. Organization so we talked To Jerry, depoto talked to The Seattle, times the president based operations for The, mariners SAID i wish That emerson would have been a little more. Upfront if it was bothering him that, much he should have said SOME ft RESIDENT Gm Jim, bowden also The athletic had strong thoughts On mariners rookie not disclosing his injury with the team until after they have optioned. Him now he's again on the injured. LIST i know we have some thoughts. Here let's see What jim had to.
Speaker 2: Say.
Speaker 5: First, well let's talk about what.
Speaker 10: Happened, right Cold emerson wasn't producing right and he was optioned to the minor, leagues you, know to get. Going and then after he was, optioned he said he was hurt and had to go.
Speaker 5: On the injury.
Speaker 10: List wait What, Yeah, wait if you're hurt and have to go on the injury, list then you do it at the major league, level not after you're. Optioned if you've been hurting this, long they would have put you on THE il and it would have explained why you're not hitting up the. Expectations so this is on the, player and, look this is a learning. EXPERIENCE i went through this a lot a lot of pitchers too over the. Years you, know their arm would be, barking their, shoulder the, elbow and they don't tell, anybody and they don't tell anybody because they don't want to get optioned. Out they don't tell anybody because they want to stay in the big. Leagues they want to ride the private jets to stay in the sweets and the nicest Rich carlton's in fourth seasons in this.
Speaker 5: COUNTRY i understand.
Speaker 10: That but for your, career you've got to be honest with the, team and if you're, hurt we gotta fix. You you can't sit there and hide the injury and then your option. Out oh by the, Way i'm, hurt and you know now put me on the. Il you know. It just it does create at times bad blood because now the team kind of feels, like, well CAN i trust? YOU i, mean and it's kind of a selfish move too to be honest in those. Situations So i'm Glad Jerry depoto came out and, said of publicly and for Cold emerson and all young, players let this be a learning. Experience if you're, hurt let the big league team take care of, you fix, you hear, you and keep. Going Cold emerson's going to be a great, Player there's no doubt about. It but he should have been more honest with the team about his wrist and not do it after he was sent.
Speaker 5: Out that's not.
Speaker 4: Good we have.
Speaker 7: Pop in colors for Mack. Weldon, Here i've got a little green. Shade you've got a nice blue. Shade and what else do you love about mac.
Speaker 3: WELDONCRATS i can be head to toe with Mack. WELDON i have the, UNDERWEAR i have the, SHORTS i have the, PANTS i have the. Socks obviously we got the shirt and the. Jackets but it's head to toe comfort no matter what piece they. SEND i even have a belt that looks.
Speaker 7: Sick and make sure you check out Mack weldon's air knit ex fabric to help you. Out their lightest fabric fused with nylon mesh for maximum. Airflow skip the midday wardrobe. Changes that barely there feel also keeps you feeling more dry and more. Fresh you can browse that collection at mackweldon dot. Com don't sweat the heat this. Summer it feel as effortlessly cool as you.
Speaker 5: Look with Mack.
Speaker 7: Weldon go To mackweldon dot com and get twenty percent off your first order of one hundred twenty five bucks or more with promo code. Foul that's M a c K W E l D O n dot com code f OU. L, YEAH i mean this is a fifty to fifty fence for me because we've been, there, right former, players we've been.
Speaker 4: There if we were young and we were brought with something was, barking we played through. It we tried to self self medicate so as we was self kind of rehab ourselves to make sure we could stay in the big, leagues because, yeah you want to be in the show and you want to be up there and play every. Day but, yes at the same, time you've got to let them know because they're the best at what they, do and if they can get you, right then they're gonna do everything they can to get you, right because, yeah you want to play now and you want to win, now but you know this is not something you want bothering you in the next three to five years or your whole career and then once you're done playing as. Well so you got to you got to kind of pick your poison. There take when you, can take your chance off when you can to get, right and don't come back until you are. Right don't try this comeback early, stuff because you're only going to risk that chance of getting hurt even more and missing more.
Speaker 3: Time, anyway all, Right, first Cold EMERSON i asked one of his teammates down In tacoma what he's. Like and the guy had THAT i, asked had played, with had played With Chase, utley and he, said this is a really really unfair comp but he said he attacks the game Like Chase. SUTLEY i Know Chase sutley played through plenty of, injuries whatever people think Of Chase, sutley so it's very similar that. Mindset AND i could only go by my. EXPERIENCE i was forty years old in my last season AND i got called up during THE covid season as a fill. In if anybody understands what the fill in, was go back and look at THE covid. SEASON i was running sprints in the outfield or just. Running it wasn't really, fast so it couldn't be classified as a. Sprint AND i tweaked my hamstring BEFORE i was even. Activated BUT i was in the big leagues in case something, happened in case somebody's POSITIVE covid test came, back AND i didn't tell, Anybody and then somebody went on THE il with a hamstring, strain and guess who had to catch the very next game when we were down In tampa and guess who hit a ball off the right field wall and had to leg out a? Double this, Guy AND i wasn't gonna tell, anybody SO i limped through the. Game nobody could really. TELL i got treatment, afterwards and THEN i sat in my normal four to five days while El gary caught and THEN i healed. Up so there's plenty of times that you're on the, cusp you're on the fringe Your TRIPLE a big, League TRIPLE a big, league you're struggling in the big, leagues and you don't tell. Anybody AND i disagree With jim here except for he should have told him and they could have helped him rehab. Faster but, again at, TWENTY i made the same mistake at. Forty it worked out for, me it wasn't working out For.
Speaker 4: Cole the cold tub does fantastic. Things get in it every day after the, game. Everybody it sucks every, time but get in. It it is a career.
Speaker 5: Saver but did you do it at?
Speaker 3: TWENTY i, MEAN, jj you Like, josh you were like you, were you were a. GUY i wasn't to them the big leagues souse, thirty SO i learned that. Stuff but at, twenty no Chance i'd show up at the parking vill what do we.
Speaker 4: DO i didn't debut at. TWENTY i debuted at twenty, two SO i was IF i had a debuted at, TWENTY i would have known what to. Do but, YEAH i mean at twenty, TWO i was doing it every. Day but you're, right at TWENTY i was in the. MINERS i can still roll out of bed and go catch a flave on the, gap SO i understand that too at. Twenty at twenty you feel like you can heal. Overnight but at the same, time you know that's on. Him if he doesn't want to tell the trainers and the. Staff there's got to be a teammate on, there a leader that can step up and be, like, hey something bothering, you something ailing, You LIKE i can help you behind the, curtain you, know like there's ways to do this thing in your own hotel. Room there's stuff you can get to make yourself get better and maybe not one hundred, percent but tolerate yourself to get back to Say, okay NOW i need the. TREATMENT i need to be on THE dl or THE. Il, sorry.
Speaker 2: It's a learning. Opportunity at the end of the, day he's twenty years.
Speaker 1: Old this is certainly not the last time we're going to See Colt emerson learn from, it move. On he's too good of a talent to let this be the defining moment of his. Career guess, what, guys Mlbon fox is streaming On Fox. One you can follow every can't miss matchup as team's battle for a spot in the. Postseason then stream the twenty twenty Six World series live On Fox one at home or on the, go live or on. Demand never miss a moment stream. Now start Your fox one three day free trial today at foxwe dot. Com all, right, guys here's what we are watching out. For Aaron, Boone yankees manager told reporters That Aaron judge has started hitting off the tee progression for The. Yankees, Slugger This Al east is a. Mess, Cratsy who do you think has the upper? Edge and can The yankees with or Without Aaron judge hold it off in this?
Speaker 3: DIVISION i, MEAN i THINK i think the way The yankees need to get, HEALTHY i think The.
Speaker 5: Rays this is The rays.
Speaker 3: Division BUT i honestly believe that The yankee may be a better playoff team because of that three or four headed monster that they could have in the. PLAYOFFS i, mean when you can Go schlitler Call freed most, likely if Not Carlos rodon if, not like that is a that is formidable in the. Playoffs BUT i think with the, INJURIES i think The rays take this division and then The yankees have to go into a short series with just an, incredible incredible starting.
Speaker 9: Rotation See gek is the official ticket marketplace For Major League, baseball and anytime.
Speaker 5: You want to go to a, game you should go To.
Speaker 9: SEAKEEK i used to call the director of team, TRAVEL i used to call the traveling secretary whatever they want to be CALLED kp to try to get a. Seat but on See, GEEK i can pick my own seat AND i can pick WHERE i want to sit instead of being told where to.
Speaker 5: Sit, yeah it's a great.
Speaker 11: Option and summer is coming to an end here. Soon i'm going out and finding all the day games, possible all the warm weather sit SO i could stay in this tank TOP i can watch very competitive baseball as the calendar turns in two. FALL i want to make sure THAT i get the most out of this tank top and warm weather and Sea geek is WHERE i would go and get my.
Speaker 9: Seats you can use Code territory ten for ten percent off your next set OF mlb tickets AT. Sik that's ten percent OFF mlb tickets with promo Code territory. Ten make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it.
Speaker 1: Later does your home run bet come up short AT mlb and no sweat home run token and that BET mgm app can help.
Speaker 2: You out just as to met your.
Speaker 1: Token when you bet on any player to hit a home run in ANY mlb, game if that player fails to go, yard you'll get your stake back in bonus. Bets gambling problem or concern called one eight Hundred gambler On deck is presented By fox one and that's, where like we said earlier in the, show.
Speaker 2: You can Watch Kate anderson's.
Speaker 1: Debut let's preview Some saturday matchups you can catch this weekend on The fox one. App we'll take it out first of the Game i'll be at On. Saturday it's The pirates at The. Dodgers It's Jared jones Versus Trek's Scoogle, Guys, Schooble dodgers are one and two sense acquiring. Him that's not for lack of effort on his. Part all three of his starts have been pretty. Good But Tarek scouble is not a pitcher who is going to satisfy himself by being pretty.
Speaker 2: Good he wants to be.
Speaker 1: Great so we're still looking to see that Big Schooble dodger debut where he looks like the butcher that The dodgers traded. For Jared, jones though also great Arm pittsburgh really has a strong rotation, There and of course we're Watching. Otani can he take THE mvp favorite FROM. Pca he's supposed to return to the mound at some point this. Season The dodgers, SAY i did See otani throw a couple of bullpens At Dodger, Stadium so trending in the right.
Speaker 2: Direction who you like? It here we go In jones Or, schooble.
Speaker 3: Think SCOOBL i, GOT i? GOT i mean, sorry pirates are on a. Slide school is always going to be. Legit but, Here, katie you, said when are we going to see that Big scoobale. GAME i could care less if he goes one and seven the rest of the. Year the big schoobl game is going to be In october in the. Playoffs, yes they would like to buy the First Big schooble. Game the only reason they traded for, him and they really didn't give up that, much was for that first start in the.
Speaker 4: Playoffs, bingo, bengo, bongo you hit the nail on the. Head i'm taking that every. Time The dodgers haven't been Playing dodger, baseball but they're still going to score plenty of runs to give To scooble everything he needs to beat The pirates team that can struggle a lot more than they, can so that that's an easy pick for. Me Jared, jones great, pitcher going to be a good name and a big name in baseball for a. While but right Now i'm Taking i'm taking That dodger lineup with school on the amount if. Time but you're, Right october is where they got. Him he's not worried about. It they have too much of a lead. Now they're not gonna lose their. Lead they're gonna work finish that. Division everybody's gonna be well, rested and when it comes, around they're just gonna do their best to go through everybody and S google's gonna show up and be the best he ever can.
Speaker 2: Be, yeah the biggest thing for The.
Speaker 3: Dodgers go aheady k oh, No, NO i was just gonna say, SORRY i was shifting over another. Game you need to download The fox one app right, now because this is what this segment. Is because that game In, seattle The cubs and The mariners telling you you HAVE.
Speaker 1: I said it.
Speaker 3: Earlier you have to be there for the first at Bet Kate anderson VERSUS pca like. That that, is so you have to download this so that you can watch that game and let. Alone then you'll just push into the playoffs, too Where fox one is gonna be covering that.
Speaker 1: Too we got a, Lot we got a lot up, Here, Cubs, Mariners we Have, Giants Red sox On fox as.
Speaker 2: Well giants not what you. Want been one of.
Speaker 1: The more disappointing seasons For San Francisco boston five game losing, streak but they won four of their last seven. Sins that that's going to be on seven fifteen On fox as. Well we also have The nationals and The, Marlins Uri perez, First Jake Irvin. Miami maybe we should be talking about, them but maybe. Not they're four games back of The padres from the wildcard. Spot, granted this is not The American, league SO i feel like there's a, clear definitive line after The cardinals where we can just kind of say that's where the wild card race. Ends BUT i Like miami's, pitching AND i think if they didn't have that god awful losing streak heading right before the trade, deadline.
Speaker 2: They might have been a little bit more active at the.
Speaker 1: Deadline but for the first time in a long, time looking at The marlins and The, nationals you're seeing some, young up and up and coming. Talent, josh do you feel like there's hope for both of these fan bases going forward heading into next?
Speaker 5: Year, oh.
Speaker 4: Definitely if you're looking past what this season has already been brought to, YOU i think you can look very positively toward the future for these ball clubs because they're right on that cusp of being, really really. Good like you, said The marlins go through that, horrific horrific losing streak that changes everything about the trade, deadline could make them that much more of a. Contender but, yeah it gives you plenty of positives because you look forward at these guys and what they're going to be able to, do and The National, league like we talked about, earlier is so good that they are going to be in contention in that excuse me Not American. League we talked so much about that That National League east and have all the opportunities to be at the top of that board in years to.
Speaker 2: Come, impasciatic you got one.
Speaker 3: MORE i got one question for, You, josh AND i don't hear very often we talk about two teams are playing each. Other miami has developed incredible. Pitching they're. Hitting it's, fine but you know they've they've kind of brought that in from other. Organizations The nats have developed their hitting this year with under the new, regime developed their. Hitting which would you rather have to start and springboard yourself into the next phase of a winning? Organization because they're facing each. Other There's saturday On fox.
Speaker 4: One so If i'm PLAYING, gm where am what AM? I what AM? I what AM i?
Speaker 5: Picking which team are you taking or which way are you? Taking i'm taking the?
Speaker 4: Pitching, okay pitching Can pitching can get me a long, way AND i CAN i can get hitting from from already developed guys that are already in trades or free agent. SIGNINGS i THINK i can build a lot better team around pitching THAN i can hitting.
Speaker 5: GOOD i like. It you've seen. It you've seen a.
Speaker 3: DEVELOPMENT i, mean you've played on organizations that developed and ended up winning it.
Speaker 2: All, yep lots to, watch lots to, Watch guys On.
Speaker 1: FOX mlb On fox is streaming On fox one that you can follow every campus matchup as team's battle for a spot in the. Postseason then stream the twenty twenty Six World series live On fox one at home or on the, go live or on.
Speaker 2: Demand never miss a.
Speaker 1: Moment Stream now start Your fox one three day free.
Speaker 2: Trial today at foxone dot.
Speaker 8: Com all, right, fellas let's slap.
Speaker 1: Hands Eric, kratz it's my understanding that you have a little something For Josh reddick.
Speaker 5: Here, well we talked about first.
Speaker 3: Basement we talked about first basement and our careers as first. Baseman so can you explain to me how you played first base for like, five six and two thirds innings and you made an ER.
Speaker 1: I.
Speaker 4: DID i got in. THERE i got in there in one of those blowout, games AND i believe Was ELENINUS ds was a third threw me one that would have like IF i stretched good, enough was probably my, shins AND i just clanked. It just clanked. It that's, it frying pan over, there you, know just clanked. It, true you, know true heir to yours. Truly BUT i MEAN i. DON'T i. DIDN'T i don't THINK i didn't get a ground, ball LIKE i said, EARLIER i got one From kreya that was about a billion miles an hour that moved. Everywhere my very first, game actually, though was in the tenth inning of AN xt runing game In oakland where we had run out of. Bodies that was THE dh pinch ran For beltrahn and THEN i think Kray i got hit by a, pitch SO i volunteered to go to first gregorson on the, mound so sinker slider, GUY i think it Was Jed, Lowry Chris, Davis Matt. Olsen so All i'm waiting on is just an absolute late barrel FROM kd or that hanging slider that gets wrenched By hall Of Famer Matt olsen at My. Shinburger's, luckily two ground ball, outs one To greggy one two van a punch. Out but you want to talk about terrified dude In oakland in a day game two Rock hard, infield it WAS i was in the grouse in the.
Speaker 5: Grass, yeah go.
Speaker 3: And the game it's such a long. Run it's such a long. Run when the ball gets, Hit you're, LIKE i got to. RUN i know that. BALL i know What i'm. Doing and you look up and the ball's already there and you're, like holy and it's halfway.
Speaker 4: There the ball's halfway, there like oh oh, yeah explicitive, words, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, Well, fellas what a.
Speaker 1: Show great work For Josh reddick and His Bowel territory. Debut let's pour one out for The Oakland. Coliseum lots of memories or not, memories depending on how hard.
Speaker 2: Your tailgate at that. Ballpark, guys great to be with.
Speaker 1: You thanks all for tuning in To Foul territory For, aerocrats For Josh. Reddick I'm KATIE. Wu have a great, Weekend make good. Choices Kate ANDERSON pca booking.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow right, Off, katie