Speaker 1: Hey, it's freaking Jeffrey in the morning, and welcome to it. You're back to back classics if you haven't figured it out. And one of the people that are going to comment repeat, ye us, that's your voice. Yeah, anytime we say classics, it's just one from back in the vault that we're bringing back out.
Speaker 2: Not everyone scrolls to the very.
Speaker 1: Beginning of this podcast, because we have a thousands of episodes. Yeah, just you know, give you something to listen to on a Saturday, and we've got two of them back to back right now. We do.
Speaker 3: And if you need more things to fill your time, you could be like Cynthia who said, I love listening to you guys on my way to work and I recently discovered your YouTube ten times better than the radiol Come, I wonder what's much better us? Yeah, definitely not that.
Speaker 2: So you can follow our YouTube, we'd love this.
Speaker 1: We'd love new subscribers, of course, Afrik and Jeffrey, and we are starting to roll out slowly more videos around our second date updates where it's us doing them live in studios. Yeah, you know, it takes a crew to get all of that video done, but we're.
Speaker 2: Working as hard as we can.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much for the subscription, and we're going to start your back to back classics repeat right now.
Speaker 4: My dog Bagel loves it when I bring people home on the first date does He gets all excited, His tail sticks straight up and he runs into the other room so we can watch us through the one way mirror.
Speaker 5: That we put in.
Speaker 4: You have a mirror just for your dog. So Bagel has seen things that he will never forget.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's just trained to go to the room and watchable.
Speaker 4: I have so many questions. He doesn't need it, but I'll tell you he's never seen what happened in today's second date update, where a guy was invited back to hang out at his dates place. They spent hours there and what happened the entire room is still trying to process in total disbelief. You have to hear it in your second date update.
Speaker 2: Feel so much like Bagel right now? Honestly, Oh confused?
Speaker 6: You enjoy right after this, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 4: First impressions are everything.
Speaker 2: They're pretty important.
Speaker 4: Like Brook, what did you think when you first met me that very first day? I mean, I remember you trying to put your hands all over me. But what thoughts you were dancing around in your mind?
Speaker 1: I think you were a promotion kid. I don't know that you left a huge mark on me, Jeff, I.
Speaker 4: Don't She was leading the claw marks onto me. That's what's the main thing. Yeah, I don't think so she's been cruel for self preservation.
Speaker 5: I guess. Well.
Speaker 4: What I do know is first impressions can make or break a romantic connection.
Speaker 2: You were scared, That's what I remember.
Speaker 4: That's just the look in Brook's eyes when she was eyeing my entire body.
Speaker 2: It was scared.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: But with first impressions, sometimes it could be the smile that stands out. It could be the outfit. It could be something you didn't even expect. Like what's happening below the ankles?
Speaker 2: Wait below the ankles?
Speaker 4: Some action you got, some planner fascy iteis going.
Speaker 2: On down there?
Speaker 4: Girl, it's working for me. And I'll just say our listener, Derek had a very interesting first impression with his date. So let's find out about it. Derek, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Please tell me it's above the ankles.
Speaker 4: We'll find out what's this girl's name that you met recently.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I recently met Julia on a dating app.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that where you're talking about the first impression or the first impression when you met in person.
Speaker 5: No, it was when we met in person. And I know this is going to sound kind of weird, but she was not quite as cute as her pictures. Okay, well, well, but here's the weird part until later on in.
Speaker 2: The date, were you drinking?
Speaker 5: No, not exactly. The impression I got is that she kind of forgot about the date and she came in right from a workout.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes sense, so she wasn't all done up.
Speaker 2: I see, right, right?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Did she get cuter?
Speaker 1: Like the more you got to know her, because I know some people that. Yeah, Like after you know him, you're like, oh my god, I could see why they're so attractive.
Speaker 4: Just talking about me again, here we're talking to Derek about him and Julia.
Speaker 7: That was definitely part of it.
Speaker 5: But there were also like some circumstances like as the date progressed, oh.
Speaker 4: It started raining, and so then she was twirling in the rain. Now again.
Speaker 5: That would be interesting. Basically, the best part was is that even though she looked a little like frazzled. I could tell that she had like a cool vibe. I could tell she was really stylish. I could tell she was confident and like the conversation was really flowing. We were talking about like travel. I had just gone to London last year and she went to Paris two years ago.
Speaker 7: We were sharing stories about that.
Speaker 2: Can I ask, do we know where you are? Like what did you guys do?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: We met at this like rooftop bar.
Speaker 5: It was great. We met for drinks and we were like we got a little food and we were like eating off each other's plate. Whoa yeah, And honestly, you kind of got like messy would be the way I would describe it, like, yes.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about this, let's get into the message stuff mess on a rooftop or how messy did we get?
Speaker 5: I would say it was like a date brought to you by ty Tugo.
Speaker 7: Someone spilled, Oh yeah, I did.
Speaker 5: I did a couple things. She made a mess on the cloth napkins and she like spilled salsa, but it made it look like they were like bloody napkins and.
Speaker 7: We were laughing about it.
Speaker 5: It was like part of the fun of the day, and I like, that's something that ran through my mind, is like, I hope she doesn't just think I'm this like slob of a guy. But she was just as messy is me, So I don't think that was it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, who cares if you inconvenienced everybody in the bar and all the employees there. As long as the two of you were vibing. Really, that's all that matters in this scenario.
Speaker 5: And fair, fair, fair.
Speaker 4: That's good. So how did that night end?
Speaker 5: Well, so this is where I'm like pretty sure that I didn't read the vibes wrong. Right, So at the end, she was like, I'm sorry, you know what, I feel really gross, Like I didn't get a chance to like clean up, and she was like, do you want to come over and I'll like clean up. And I don't think she would have like asked me over if she wasn't into the date and wasn't feeling it.
Speaker 4: No, I had this guy texting her friends, I'm just gonna bite him over for a couple hours. Yeah, show.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe she wanted him to clean her up, like she needed an assistant to help they do it.
Speaker 1: Just like a pair of monkeys picking bugs out of each other's hair.
Speaker 4: The Brooks done it before.
Speaker 2: She knows.
Speaker 1: No, that is definitely a green flag. I don't know if it's a green flag that she wants a relationship with you, but it definitely means that she likes you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, did you say yes to that invite?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah? We hung out for like several hours and it was getting late. We were in bed. We didn't like go all the way. I'm not gonna really get into the details of that, but okay, I didn't say the whole night because I was like, I actually do have to work the next day, so I needed to be in my space, you know. And I left really late and we had like been in bed together, and I just hope, I don't know, I hope I didn't make her feel bad about leaving.
Speaker 4: It's possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe do you believe a guy who says I have work in the morning and I have to Doday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people work on the weekends too.
Speaker 1: I mean, I could just see where she may be like, oh man, he didn't like me.
Speaker 4: I think I was like a question though, did you tell her that? Like, did you explain anything the next day?
Speaker 5: Or oh? Yeah, The first text that I sent to her was on my way to work. That was, I hope you slept well and last night was great and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 2: Did she respond to that text?
Speaker 5: So that's just it.
Speaker 7: It's been seven or eight days.
Speaker 5: I have texted her a few times to like check in. I haven't been completely ghosted, but I just the not getting back a lot. Like in the beginning, I got like one word answers and now it's kind of like trailed.
Speaker 2: Off and.
Speaker 4: She's like, K, yeah, well, hopefully we get more than one word answers. We have to leave a good first impression with her. Ye old things about first impression we have.
Speaker 2: Her first impression was she wasn't that cute? So we're good at that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll just try and do it the normal way. When we come back, call Julia and get you your second date update. Right after this.
Speaker 6: Hold on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date update.
Speaker 4: I'm going to do a quick recap here on this second date update if you're just joining us. Listener, Derek met Julia at a rooftop bar for drinks and super messy food. She had apparently comes straight from a workout, so at the end of the date, she invited Derek to come back to her place because she wanted to freshen up and something more comfortable.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, is there a better question?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I ask we know what that usually means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that felt good, and it did lead to them in bed.
Speaker 4: They did lie in the same bed at some point because Derek stayed he said, half the night or a quarter the night. Yeah, I'm not really sure how to explain it, but yeah, didn't stay the whole night. But now he is not getting a callback and isn't sure why. And that brings us to this moment right here. And remember he said he's not fully being ghosted. But it's like little short answers.
Speaker 8: Something's off.
Speaker 1: It's weird that there's such a turn, such a turn in that energy from her.
Speaker 4: Derek, did we miss anything that you did wrong or that you could have done?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think so. Like I said, I just I don't know what's going on. I really like this girl. I've heard you guys help people before. I've heard people like try to help people. Yeah, but like you get to the bottom of a misunderstanding, and like I've heard people have a second date and get past the problem. So I'd like to just know what the problem is so I can fix it.
Speaker 2: Hey, look at that. That's emotional maturity.
Speaker 4: Will Yeah, we don't normally like that here, but that's fine. We'll work with it. Let's call Julia. We'll see if she picks up and get those answers you want. Here we go.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Thank you, really, stop being so nice. It's your dating where we go. She's obviously the problem. Yeah, hello, Hi, we're going to speak with Julia.
Speaker 5: This is shit.
Speaker 4: Hey, Julia, thanks for picking up Julia, I said, we because you're on a radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Oh.
Speaker 1: Oh oh for Yeah, it doesn't happen often, I'm sure, mostly because there's not very many radio shows left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's part of it. And this is a segment that we do on our show called a second date update.
Speaker 9: Oh gosh, okay, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Think I think this one's gonna be good. Honestly, I think you're going to be excited about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a good guy. Yeah, and I hope this doesn't sound weird, but we heard you went out with a guy named Derek recently.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what No, it sounded like you were into Derek.
Speaker 4: Maybe it could just be that she's like nervous on the radio. Tell her again and you can react again. Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 6: No, I've definitely not been on the radio. But I don't really want to talk about Derek either.
Speaker 4: Well, Derek told us about the hangout you two had the other night, and it sounded really fun the way he described it.
Speaker 6: It was fun good.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got to understand how he's confused. You invited him to like hang out at your place and now nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well so I did invite him over and we were having a great time. But he was over for quite a while and he never took his shoes off in your house.
Speaker 4: Or in your apartment is a rule that you have, like you take your shoes off when you come in.
Speaker 1: I mean there's always two types of places, right, the shoes on or shoes off.
Speaker 4: My plaes are encouraged.
Speaker 3: Get everything out of with then I have friends who even for parties shoes off.
Speaker 4: Did you tell him that?
Speaker 6: Well, so, yes, I definitely I am a shoe kind of off person. But it was our first date. But we're just sitting on the couch. It's okay, it wasn't completely walking around my apartment.
Speaker 1: And and it can really ruin your outfit, like you're on a first date. You play on the look like who knows what kind of socks he had on?
Speaker 2: Maybe that was the issue.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, if you think about that, take him off, skirt and you.
Speaker 4: Guys know exactly how men think. Discussed so true.
Speaker 1: They meant there's a lot of shoeheads out there that love their shoes.
Speaker 2: How did you go together?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, did you consider that? Julia?
Speaker 6: Sure? And I didn't want to be rude either, and so that's why later when we were watching TV and getting kind of comfortable with each other and everything, I was like, do you want to get comfortable and take your shoes off? And he was like no, oh, And that was part of weird.
Speaker 2: That's really funny because it's hard to snuggle with shoes on. It means it right, it means that your feet are always on the ground.
Speaker 6: But it gets worse, you guys, it gets worse.
Speaker 4: How does it get worse?
Speaker 9: Well, I don't I.
Speaker 6: Mean maybe he didn't tell you, but we did end up in my bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weird with his shoes still on what Okay, he got me he got into your bed with his shoes on.
Speaker 2: Ew would be uncomfortable and disgusting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how did you react when he did that?
Speaker 6: I was appalled and I'm like, what are you doing?
Speaker 9: Get your shoes.
Speaker 6: Off of my bed? And he's like, this is my thing. I don't take my shoes off, And I'm like, am I in the twilight zone? Are you insane?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 6: I didn't say anything. I think I just kind of freaked out, and thankfully he left, like twenty thirty minutes later.
Speaker 1: I think that, like the clothes that you wore for the day are gross in your bed, like things you sit on and touch and move around, like the bottom of your shoes are all over everything.
Speaker 4: That's because, yeah, I'm not sorry.
Speaker 5: I did not expect it to be an issue that I keep my shoes on.
Speaker 4: That's really shoe boys on the phone, Yeah, Julia, that's Derek. He's been listening this entire time on the other line.
Speaker 6: Really, it's not really Derek, is it.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's me. How's it going? Yeah, yeah, I can't really believe that that's the reason you're not like returning my text.
Speaker 2: Well, what you've never heard that complaint before.
Speaker 6: You don't know anything. Do you know anyone else who wears their shoes as much as you do?
Speaker 5: I've been doing this like a really long time. This has been kind of my thing for like fifteen years. I wear shoes twenty three and a half hours a day.
Speaker 4: Maybe wow, what's break for like a shower? Hopefully?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Basically when I shower.
Speaker 1: I take the shoes like a comfort, like a security blanket type of thing.
Speaker 4: Do you have weird feet or is it the fashion thing that the girls were saying?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I mean the best thing I can describe it. Like, I am definitely as a person an extrovert, but my feet are introverted feet.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: And plus, if you think about it, it is a lot more efficient. It saves me like two to three minutes in the morning.
Speaker 7: That really adds up.
Speaker 5: That's a couple extra hours a month.
Speaker 4: I don't right.
Speaker 6: You have to tink your shoes off to put your pants on and then put.
Speaker 5: Them back on. Who's taking their pants off? I'm not taking my pants off.
Speaker 1: You guys with her both women to take your pants off kind of skills.
Speaker 4: Actually, wait, wait, wait, if you have tear away pants then you don't have to take them off over your shoes. They're very useful.
Speaker 2: I actually think there could be a solution to all of this.
Speaker 1: Like I hear you you got your shoe saying, whatever that's you man? Is there a way you could get like house slippers where you could like at least switch from no.
Speaker 5: Definitely not. Look, I live a no barefoot decisions lifestyle. If I want to be ready, I want to stay ready right now.
Speaker 2: That's it's not a good point, Jeff.
Speaker 4: It is if there's a fire, he is going to be the first one out.
Speaker 3: You can run out barefoot, but not as quickly.
Speaker 2: I think you would run equally as fast as.
Speaker 4: It's like you with your glasses. If you take your glasses off, you're lost in this year your hand. You can't get out the door.
Speaker 2: That's because I can't see it, Jeff.
Speaker 4: It's because your glasses are introverts. Yeah, they're shy. They need to be on your face. I feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: It would make my eyes introverts, not my glasses.
Speaker 4: Your whole body's weird, weird. You have no confidence. I feel like we'll come into common ground here.
Speaker 2: So literally he said no toe slippers.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, ground that the shoes stand on. So let's offer to send you guys out on another date. We would pay for it. Julia, what do you think give him one more chance?
Speaker 6: I honestly can't. It's so strange. Oh no, I don't think I can adapt. Oh he's not willing to adapt.
Speaker 9: Why should I?
Speaker 1: I think that this is I know you said that you've never heard this as a problem before, but this has got to be part of an issue with every woman you've ever been with. Yeah, there's like even socks on in bed are an issue for most women.
Speaker 9: That's true.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's never really come up.
Speaker 5: But also I haven't been like actively dating. Like seriously, I.
Speaker 4: Think that, Julie, you've heard of.
Speaker 6: A farmer's can I can't imagine his shoe tan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just say you need to work through it.
Speaker 5: I mean, to me, it's not a problem. It's a strength.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'll be mature.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 6: So you deserve to be with someone who agrees with you, maybe kind of a twenty three hour wearing girl, and you'll.
Speaker 4: There is a woman out there who has her shoes on all the time, and she's going to be appreciative when she finally walks into the room and sees you how much you want to bet his soul may works at a shoe storey, dere I'm sorry, man, you tried.
Speaker 5: What can I say in general? We're sorry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we'll be here for you if you ever need our support in the future. Okay, some arch support, of course, is what I mean.
Speaker 6: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny. We've had a lot of guys come through the show in the last man years, not a lot of shoe guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was so weird. Yeah, I was trying to be open.
Speaker 1: He's got his shoe anxiety or something like feed anxiety.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: I was trying to think what would be if he never took shoes off, or if he never puts shoes on.
Speaker 2: I would take no shoes yet somehow more normal, Like when you go.
Speaker 1: To a wedding, he's gonna be shoeless. Yeah, I know, but I would take that over the sea.
Speaker 4: I mean, I am kind of surprised that nobody in his life has brought this up to him in the last like fifteen years. That seems pretty unlikely. It's weird, but I guess some people get confidence from like a nice haircut, some people get it from a nice dress.
Speaker 2: Some people just get it from being single for a long time.
Speaker 4: Then because they keep their shoes on for twenty three and a half hours every day. I notice you have a lot of shoes. Are just one pair always?
Speaker 1: I mean there were so many more questions that I had as Yeah, I try not to make it about me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. Well, we'll definitely have him back on for like a full interview.
Speaker 2: Yeah shoes, Yeah, we'll just we'll.
Speaker 4: Get the exclusive. But if you want help with your dating life, we can help you with that. Email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second date updates. They're available online wherever you get your podcasts at brookn.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: In the movie Jurassic Park, jeff Goldsbloom famously says life finds a way. Yeah, and he lips off his shirt and smolders for that camera.
Speaker 2: And ladies still love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, still works today. But today we're going to try to make love find a way. After we heard about a very very unique first date that combined the three big d's, dinosaurs, drinking, and diamonds. Je It's never what you're thinking, bro, How did all three of those mesh together into one wild night? You're gonna hear it in a second date update next.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date Updates.
Speaker 4: Are you guys up to mission impossible? With me and a listener today? I'm gonna say no immediately.
Speaker 2: I don't know I'm into it. What are you gonna do? Are you gonna hang from a ceiling? Or are you gonna jump out of a play?
Speaker 4: Her name is Sasha and if this call doesn't go well, we might have to wear dark outfits and black hats. Yes, Brook, do you have any peanut butter you want to smear all over your face?
Speaker 1: I always got I probably have some on my face for my breakfast still this.
Speaker 2: Morning, I usually do a peanut butter and.
Speaker 4: Still care because we do. We might need a camo and go covert here, but you need yes because we could be on a reconnaissance mission today. That all started with a first date which ended up at a guy's place.
Speaker 2: Would you leave their girl?
Speaker 4: So we're gonna find out first. Let's welcome Sasha. To the show. Sasha, how you doing.
Speaker 10: Hey, I'm better now that I'm talking to somebody about this, so oh good.
Speaker 2: I imagine you were like hiding somewhere in his house like I.
Speaker 5: Need you, but.
Speaker 2: I have my jars. Keep you ready, let's go.
Speaker 4: We're ready for action. So start at the beginning, Sasha, tell us what happened with this guy?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 9: I met this guy named Marcus online.
Speaker 10: Okay, and aside from like me and is super attractive like Paul, and like balled all the stuff that I like, I'm really into tennis and he's really into tennis. So that was the one thing that I was like, Okay, So we started talking or whatever, and he was like thinking of stuff that was kind of out the box.
Speaker 9: And so there was like a local festival. I don't know how, I'm sure I heard of the dinal drunk Fest, right?
Speaker 7: What drunk fest?
Speaker 2: I want to go? Do you get drunk and roar like a segatory?
Speaker 10: You get drunk, but I'm like the drunk fest, but it's the drink fest where you get drunk.
Speaker 8: You feel me? You got it.
Speaker 4: This morning? Because I know I'm following.
Speaker 2: Where are the dinosaurs coming to play?
Speaker 9: I'm a little hungover. I can't even lie a little hungover because I did I did go out last night.
Speaker 10: Oh anyway, it's like this festival where everybody wears like these inflatable t Rex costumes.
Speaker 9: Okay, I thought it was a little weird, but I was just like, you know what really attracted to him and let's do something.
Speaker 1: But you still attracted to a guy who shows up to your dating an inflatable t Rex costume.
Speaker 4: She fun She's also supposed to be in the t Rex costume too, so it's.
Speaker 2: Could you share one so that it's like you're hanging out still.
Speaker 4: Idea, this is some hot Jurassic action that we're about to get into. So how did it go?
Speaker 9: So we're going drinking in the outfits and then like.
Speaker 5: For some reason, they had a.
Speaker 10: Rock wall Now imagine like the whole costume is classic and you have.
Speaker 9: Like kind of like climb a wall like falling.
Speaker 2: It was when you land.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it depends on how much you've drunk too.
Speaker 2: Did you do the rock waller? Is this just something he did?
Speaker 5: He said?
Speaker 10: Okay, And I was like, you know what, I've had enough of dinal world, Like, now let's go.
Speaker 4: But good for you. You went on your comfort zone for a whole.
Speaker 2: Hour, hour and a half and it sounds like you had fun and you had a good time.
Speaker 9: I don't know if I had a good time, but I did it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm still proud of you, and you still liked him because you guys left together.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 9: He was like, well, do you want to go back to my place? And I'm like yeah. Then he mentioned like having some more drinks and movies, like I needed more to drink, but whatever, how I won't.
Speaker 4: Let's just get out of here and like, yo, get drunk at your house.
Speaker 1: Usually that's like decisions like this is why the dinosaurs don't roam in the earth anymore.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's how you end up back at Marcus's Apartay.
Speaker 9: Yes, okay, So we go back, We're chilling more drinks and end up watching movie t like eventually after a while, I'm like, I didn't realize. It was like three o'clock in the morning. I get up at six to go to work.
Speaker 2: Oh day, don't sleep at that point. No, you're not sober at work the next day. I can tell you that.
Speaker 4: So what do you do?
Speaker 9: So I ordered uber, I rushed out.
Speaker 10: So then the next day get to work, realize, oh my god, I left my earrings and they were like not just some ordinary earrings.
Speaker 9: They're like my diamond stud earring.
Speaker 4: I mean you were on a date, so you probably wore the good stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't even have any good stuff, so good for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I reached out to him and like, no reply.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's the worst two because you leave it actually on accident, and everyone assumes you're doing it so that the guy calls you again and you're like, no, honestly, she made honestly told his friends, like, guys, she purposely left her stuff here red flag.
Speaker 4: They're all probably telling him, dude, that's not a good.
Speaker 2: You guys talk to their friends about that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: It's more like, dude, she took my hoodie. This is working. So where are you at with Marcus?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 10: Well, after a while I was like, okay, no, LOLd of my earrings I need though, So he didn't. He never replied back, and I just went back to his house and I rang the doorbell, and like and what I ring the doorbell and somebody else door gy or girl.
Speaker 9: It was a guy all right, And I was like, because the one was.
Speaker 10: There the night before and he never said any thinking about a roommate, And I said, hey, you know I'm looking for Marcus.
Speaker 5: I was here last night.
Speaker 9: I left my earrings and he hadn't taken me back.
Speaker 10: And they were like, I don't know what you talk about, Marcus.
Speaker 2: What were they were playing dumb? Was it a joke?
Speaker 9: I mean, if they were playing dumb, they were a really good actor, because he was just like, I don't know what you talk about.
Speaker 4: Well, you have been drinking for like many many hours in a dinosaur costume and after that too, so.
Speaker 2: What are you thinking? Like wrong door? Is that what you mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Probably wrong with city even so, But so okay, now we're going to call Marcus for you and try and help you get your earrings back. Do you want to date too?
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm open to it. I just kind of really want to know why did he like hurt me like that?
Speaker 1: Like why does no one else want to know who the random guy in his house was.
Speaker 4: Don't even know if that was I think we all assume it's the wrong house, right, I don't know. We have a lot of questions to ask this guy. Once we get him on the phone, we're gonna come back and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date update.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us for the second date update, we have two objectives today. The main objective recovering some precious belongings. Yes, we're putting love on the back seat just for the beginning, because we need to help Sasha get her earrings back.
Speaker 2: Her diamonds. It's more than just ear rings, Seriously, it's important.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize, but she left them at a guy named Marcus's apartment after they hung out all night. And the weird part was she texted him to get them back. He didn't respond to her, so she actually physically went to his place the next day and a different guy answered his door and said, I don't know Marcus, Marcus doesn't live here.
Speaker 2: Do think he moved moved out in the middle of the night.
Speaker 4: Is it possible you scared him completely out of his own building?
Speaker 10: Sasha, I doubt that, Like, we had a really good night, and I don't know why he wouldn't like text me back.
Speaker 9: I'm like, did he sell them?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: I don't know it's we're the guys like I have no idea what you're talking about too. She had said she was drinking a lot, so we don't even know if it was the right place that she went back to. Sons a lot of things to answer, So let's just call Marcus if this actually is Marcus's number, and see what he has to say.
Speaker 5: But here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey, we're looking for Marcus. We're a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Pretty fun, good morning.
Speaker 4: You could tell by the tone of my co host voice how fun we are. I'm the fun one.
Speaker 2: What's up, Mark, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: We're so true I did.
Speaker 2: Sound like you or when I said that. Yeah, okay, Marcus are you there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry to like barge in on your life like this, but we're doing something called the Second Date Update, and we're trying to help you.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, we're we're called.
Speaker 4: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners named Sasha that you actually went on a date with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, drink it with Dino's right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was crazy crazy.
Speaker 4: We heard it was kind of a crazy night.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, we also heard you went up a rock wall in a t re costume, so I think crazy suits the event.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was. I was messed up that night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we heard. We heard. There was some positives and some also negatives from the date because Sasha said that she left her ear rings at your apartment and texted you about it, and you never respect.
Speaker 8: She tried to pull on those Cinderella acts on me.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, Marcus, it was not a move. It was not like a ploy to get you to call her back. She honestly forgot them.
Speaker 4: But what did you what did you call it a Cinderella act?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I'm sorry, were you there.
Speaker 2: B But I talked to her.
Speaker 1: I talked to her, and I can tell that, like, okay, listen, if if a woman leaves something at your house and it's all an act, it's not going to be her diamond ear rings about it's something that she could totally toss.
Speaker 4: We don't know if they're real diamonds, so right.
Speaker 8: Exactly, Wait, I don't have a diamond I don't have a diamond detector. I don't know if they are real diamonds or not. Nevertheless, I know she left them intentionally at my house. I know this.
Speaker 2: Why why would you know that?
Speaker 4: Do you know that?
Speaker 8: How do I know that?
Speaker 9: I can tell?
Speaker 8: Like it happened to me before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's happened to all of us dudes. But imagine if it really is an accident.
Speaker 8: Bro Listen, she can have her ear rings back. I don't want them. What the heck I need them for? Then?
Speaker 1: Why aren't you texting her backvisa?
Speaker 8: Why I haven't touched the back because I don't want her to showing up at my house that she did the other day.
Speaker 4: We okay, she told us that she actually went back to get the earrings that but somebody else answered the door that you didn't live there.
Speaker 8: No even know you exactly. That's my little younger brother. I gave him instructions, well what to say, what to do when I'm not wrong?
Speaker 2: Now, just give her the earing Yes.
Speaker 8: True, Listen, she just popped over my house on some shady like it was just listen, you didn't even get the text messages.
Speaker 4: You know that she's doing it on purpose, just to try and like get back into your life and trying to get another date with you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yes, and she would have gotten another date if she did not pull this stunt.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not a stunt.
Speaker 4: We don't look, we don't really know what the intentions were behind it. The only thing we can do at this point is bring Sasha on the phone right now. I mean, I know it's not a great look, but the truth is she's been secretly listening on the other line waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 2: You got to use the word secret.
Speaker 4: Well, it wasn't open, So what else do you call it? Sasure?
Speaker 5: You there, hey, Marcus?
Speaker 8: Oh man, what are you pulling this now?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 9: Do you know I would have really.
Speaker 10: Appreciated if you didn't have your little brother answer the door, and if you could have come to the door and given my ear rings yourself.
Speaker 4: Well, I think he would have appreciated if you had warned him that you were going to show up to his apartment. I'm invited, you know what, your bad?
Speaker 2: He's gonna warn him. But there's no response.
Speaker 4: Clearly Marcus was scared of her.
Speaker 1: Oh god, this is hes out with her until three in the morning.
Speaker 8: You weren't that scared, Marcus, Come on, dunk stupid the whole time she was, so were you?
Speaker 4: You're the one that fell off the rock wall. Marcus.
Speaker 9: Okay, Adinal drink fest is where you take me on a first date. You have the nervous me right now, Really.
Speaker 5: I.
Speaker 8: Got you. I will give you your ear rings back, but what i'll send it to you? I need the address to send these earrings to you.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to show up at her house? Marcus? Is that what you try?
Speaker 8: I'm not trying to show up at the house. No, I'm not trying to show up at the house either.
Speaker 4: Wait, before we started like exchanging addresses with each other, Sasha, Marcus is accusing you of leaving the ear rings there on purpose, trying to Cinderella him to meet like trying to make sure you meet up with him again.
Speaker 9: Right, that's say that's not what happens.
Speaker 7: You're saying, No, no, I didn't leave on purpose.
Speaker 9: But I have done that before, like five other time.
Speaker 2: Marcus, you weren't even worth but you don't.
Speaker 9: You wrong ear rings that night?
Speaker 4: So okay, can you see like her perspective? I mean it sounds like, Marcus, maybe you have a little bit of bad experiences in the past.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I say trust issues.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Okay, sure, Listen, she just admitted it. She left the ear rings that other places like at least about five different times.
Speaker 1: Marcus, don't be so righteous, all right, you've done shady stuff before too.
Speaker 2: We all have the data.
Speaker 8: Leave her ear rings and you know she's gonna leave her children, how do we make that jump? Honestly, girl did that to me before she left the kids. Here. Wait, really she gus. We did it because she wanted to come back the next day to see me, because not.
Speaker 4: To see her children, to see Marcia's.
Speaker 2: Actually that's a pretty genius move.
Speaker 4: There's no children, all right. Well, Marcus, you clearly got a little bit of PSD from your past experiences with women. So to those children, it sounds like Sasha did not do this on purpose, and you yourself said that you would have gone out with her had it not been for the text and the showing up to the apartment craziness. So what we would like to do before we start exchanging addresses, is offered to send you guys out on a date that we would pay for, and then you can bring the ear rings and give them back to her in.
Speaker 2: Person, and we're paying for it.
Speaker 4: Clean slate, no Dino outfits.
Speaker 2: Or I think it's for you too. Yeah, okay, I think I think she said no.
Speaker 4: Well, your little brother can come along with.
Speaker 9: I don't want a second date with him.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: I just want my ear ring.
Speaker 4: Okay, you please give her her earrings.
Speaker 2: Bro, I think you're gonna have to show up to his house and get them.
Speaker 5: She can have them.
Speaker 8: They're not even real diamonds.
Speaker 2: That was below the belt market.
Speaker 4: Okay, we will pay to have them diamond tested for validity, and then we'll send them back over to Sasha's place.
Speaker 5: Maybe that could be our date.
Speaker 8: We all get together and we can check to see.
Speaker 4: Romantic.
Speaker 9: I won't even waste my time with that.
Speaker 10: You you get the ear ring because I don't want to see that o bro anymore.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, Well, no love connection, but at least sounds like we recovered the jewelry that she wanted.
Speaker 2: We're almost like a pawnshop at this point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Well, we just heard our own weird second date version of Cinderella there, but instead of a glass slippers, they were diamond earrings.
Speaker 1: Okay, she did not do it on PERP, neither did Cinderella, and instead of ugly stepsisters.
Speaker 4: It was Marcus's ugly little brother. Oh yeah, I don't I don't know if he was ugly, but he was willing to lie to Sasha and tell her Marcus didn't live there. And lies make you ugly on the inside.
Speaker 2: Man, that's just a loyal little brother. Move jeff You.
Speaker 1: Know, little mice and birds like knitting in the middle of this second.
Speaker 4: It wasn't quite as romantic as the fairy tales ever were.
Speaker 2: I just want to call that lady who left her kids still.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was the craziest part of the story. You want to know how it works, don't you, Brook, So then you can drive us out on somebody. But look, just for the record, we are getting Sasha her earrings back to her, so that's been handled. No second date will be happening now, but we can make it happen for you. Maybe make your fairy tale come true. Go email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back. And check out our podcast. Listen to all our second dates wherever you get yours at Broke and Jeffrey